Avaliações do Squirrel in a Box+

Squirrel in a Box+

A POS system designed for small businesses

3.6/5 (12 avaliações)
Jennifer A.
Traduzir com Google

Squirrel is a great way to make your restaurant run faster and more efficiently.

Avaliado em 24/05/2018

Vantagens

Squirrel is a very effective way not only to take orders from customers, but to expedite the service. When a server enters the order into the pos system, it goes directly where it needs to go.. Drink service goes to the bar, hot service goes to the kitchen, etc, etc. It's easy it impute menu changes and 86 anything that you've run out of for the day. IF your a restaurant that makes changes to your menu daily, this system is an amazing help. It also helps with back end stuff for payments and tips etc... You can also incorporate management functions and set up different users which really helps with theft and promotion abuse. Did I mention that it was compatible with your cell phone? The program also is very secure for the cardholders at your restaurant. NO worries about employees taking information and using it in an unlawful manner.

Desvantagens

I like squirrel. There's not too much I can say negatively about it. I would like to know if we open another location, if there is a way to transfer all the menu data into the other location without having to reconfigure the system? I know there has to be a way to do it because mass restaurant chains use this system.

Resposta do Squirrel Systems

Thank you for your comments Jennifer! Yes, Squirrel is great when you're looking to grow! Contact us in our general mailbox or to your salesperson directly when you're ready to expand and we'll help you set that up!

Traduzir com Google

Comprehensive and easy to use

Avaliado em 14/05/2019

Vantagens

What I like the most about this software is the reporting function. It provides the management many options of reports that help to control the cash and inventory, including the tip distribution. The reports can be used directly for the audit work which was essential for our accounting department.

Desvantagens

What I like least about this software is there was no associated mobile app back then. But now the company has developed Squirrel Mobility.

Traduzir com Google

Good for very basic POS. Other than that, avoid.

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 26/01/2018

Vantagens

Quite a bit of information can be entered/customised with the software, although it's difficult to get it exactly the way you want it. It's also nice that it has multiple currency options.

Desvantagens

Like with anything, if you use it enough you get used to it and become quicker at it. This might be fine if the software could keep up, but unfortunately it's very slow and very inneficient. Freezes quite often. Not very intuitive for new staff, and the tickets are very hard to read. The UI is very archaic.

3.0/10
Richard M.

Restaurant owner

Avaliado em 05/10/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have used the Squirrel system for over fifteen years. It has been a great tool to manage my restaurant. I have gone through a number of upgrades. Squirrel has worked hard to keep their product up to date. Their support is excellent. I have always had a quick response and resolution.
I highly recommend Squirrel POS for your business.

Vantagens

It is up to date. Highly reliable. With great support.

Cecilia L.
Traduzir com Google

A reasonable software for restaurant use

Avaliado em 30/04/2018

Vantagens

I have used this program while I worked at a restaurant. It does its job. Inventory counts, tracking sales

Desvantagens

This software could be a bit more user friendly. I wish they could provide free training as it isn't as easy to navigate.

6.0/10
Himanshu B.

Best database management tool

Avaliado em 11/08/2019

Vantagens

This is one of very best database software I have ever used to maintain my tables and queries. It is just so easy to handle with easy simple scripts

Desvantagens

Maybe more integration with other desktop management tools

Easy to use and stable

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 05/05/2018

Vantagens

Great little POS system and very stable. I like the program and its simplicity, very fast and does a good job

Desvantagens

Requires support and does not have a mobile option
Not much integration with payment systems and works with certain printers not all

Resposta do Squirrel Systems

Thank you for the review. We have a number of mobility options if you're interested. Give us a ring if you want more information!

Eric W.
Traduzir com Google

Squirrel has solid presence and reputation in the restaurant industry

Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 24/04/2019

Vantagens

Squirrel is always on top of their game by providing updates and upgrades. I have used Squirrel for 15 years and find it to be the best POS out there.

Desvantagens

I can't say many bad things about this POS. They are still around and continue to have a solid presence in the restaurant world. No bells and whistles which I like

Danielle D.
Traduzir com Google

I used Squirrel at my previous Host job, it got the job done.

Usado Outro durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 05/10/2017

Vantagens

I felt like Squirrel was easy to navigate. It had no frills or extras - just straight forward and got the job done.

Desvantagens

The design felt outdated and clunky to me. It seemed to lack the extra features and the "wow" factor that would make it stand out against other systems I've used in the past.

6.0/10
Rodney G.

Loyalty is worthless

Avaliado em 20/09/2015
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

First installed system in 1988. Went through many problems including company bankruptcy, no support, re branding, and upgrading. Service from Boston branch became non-existent but still paying 400 per month for support. Company's attitude became arrogant. When not paying for a pre-paid contract, refused to even answer the phone for support. When I finally gave up after being with them for over 25 years and paying over 100,000 dollars for service contracts, I was then threatened with legal action if I did not pay them more money even though the annual contract had expired. I will do everything possible to keep anyone from buyng their product.

Rebe S.
Traduzir com Google

Squirrel old system but does in a pinch

Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 15/12/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Have used squirrel throughout the years waiting tables, bartending and managing various bars and restaurants around the country. One of the oldest and out of date systems.

Vantagens

Since it's so old, many servers know it across the board.

Desvantagens

Not super user-friendly, slow.

2.0/10
Marshall H.

A true "pos"

Avaliado em 01/09/2015
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I've never encountered a worse pos system in my life. It would take a book to go over all of the problems with this system so i will be short. It crashes constantly, i don't think i've gone a week without having to deal with there "customer service"(usually miltiple times a week), the calibration of the touch screens goes out of wac constanly leafing to misrung tickets and confusion and upset tables. Don't ever buy this horrible system.