Avaliações do HipChat

HipChat

Team communication built for business.

4.1/5 (423 avaliações)
Traduzir com Google

Most positive experience, but not without flaws

Avaliado em 20/06/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

As a chat product, HipChat is a great real-time collaboration tool. You can easily and instantly share and transfer files, links, and code, which was extremely helpful to our on-site teams. There are nice amenities that create an element of fun for users, but just be warned that it can also easily lead to dips in productivity. Still, it has more benefits then pitfalls, provided you are able to now able to more closely monitor and restrict users' capabilities. I would recommend HipChat without hesitation with this level of administration in place.

Vantagens

* For actual chat purposes, it's perfect. Messages transfer immediately (literal real-time), and we were able to collaborate with colleagues in multiple time zones quickly and efficiently.
* The added in features were fun, such as embedded gifs and links. At times, this proved to be distracting, though, and we had no control over user-added private rooms (more on this below). Still, where appropriate, it added the right level of enjoyment to a business tool.
* The integration with JIRA was pretty seamless. We were able to share ticket notes, links, and resources immediately through HipChat.
* The app for phones was pretty easy to use as well. You could pick up where you left off from one to the other without any data loss or delay.

Desvantagens

* We had frequent outages with the connectivity, not due to our network either. When it was on, it was great, but at times we were never sure when it was going to work.
* Searching history was a nightmare, as old messages took a very long time to load. What's more, we did not have unlimited history with our version, which was problematic.
* We did not have the level of control we needed to prevent abuse of the system. Certain agents took it upon themselves to create private rooms for grousing, which led to problems in productivity and morale. We could not prevent these rooms from being created, nor could we shut them down. This was ultimately what led to our decision to switch chat services.

6.0/10
Damian L.
Traduzir com Google

I like the user interface. It is simple, clean and very easy to use.

Avaliado em 23/01/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I like the concept of the video chat, but I feel it's not executed as well as some other video based softwares (such as Zoom). It's great for just video conferencing, but if you need to screen share, it can be a bit laggy. If you're looking for a way to get your remote team connected, HipChat is a great software. It's great for quick meetings when you just need to connect face-to-face, but if you need to do more "robust" screen sharing, I would suggest jumping to another software for that level of detail

Vantagens

Hipchat is a simple, easy to ease, peer-to-peer chat program. It does log all the activities, including chats, uploads, images, screenshots. It also allows you to create as many custom rooms for discussion or problem solving, for example, we generally setup a room for each JIRA being worked on so the right people always has access to the latest information. The activity log is crucial to be able to dig through chats and information sent a month or even several months back. Don't forget about the customized emojis (shared across entire company)

Vignesh B.
Traduzir com Google

One of the excellent collaboration tool that is simple and user-friendly.

Avaliado em 14/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Easier and Simple tool for team collaboration or one-to-one communication. And it allows me to search the history and sharing the files with my colleagues.

Vantagens

One of the best thing in HipChat is the user interface, it is very simple and clean. It allows me to connect and collaborate easily with my colleagues and log all the activities for easier lookup for later point of time. And also allows me to create custom groups for discussion and problem solving, For example, I can set up a group for each incident and invite all the members from different members and work together to resolve the issue and archive it for future analysis. As well as, it is well integrated with other Atlassian products, So it allows me to notify and work with other members on the JIRA issues and track the progress.

Desvantagens

The notification system is still buggy, it will arrange the users based on the recent messages instead will be added to the bottom of the stack and very difficult to find the notification based on the recent timings if we receive multiple notification on the same time. And another problem is, the video conferencing will not work most of the times and buggy. As well as, Status information is not customizable.

Ramakrishna G.
Traduzir com Google

Hip Chat is a very good tool to communicate internally or externally with our project members.

Avaliado em 14/03/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We use HipChat in our project as it comes with JIRA and other Atlassian software's like confluence and bitbucket.

Vantagens

We use HipChat in our project as it comes with JIRA and other Atlassian softwares like confluence and bitbucket.
Our teammates communicate daily and use it in both formal and informal ways to manage projects/software development.
To create the rooms for discussion is very easy as it is collobarated with JIRA and confluence.
Since HipChat and JIRA are belongs to same group so HipChat has decent and hassle-free integration with JIRA.
It is having the Cross-platform support and hence runs on most of the computing devices and it is having the efficient search too.
Very good in Media/file sharing across the members.

Desvantagens

Mobile app is not very responsive, Sometimes connection to HipChat servers are taking too long even on good internet speed.
We cannot use this tool for video and audio calls as the response is very slow.
Costwise Little expensive
Better notification system is required when the the user is offline.

Traduzir com Google

Great communication tool for the office

Avaliado em 29/01/2018

Vantagens

Hipchat is very easy to use and intuitive. Some great features are that users can create public/private chat rooms and add people to them very quickly. It integrates with the rest of the Atlassian product, being able to know when someone makes a pull request o commits some code (Bitbucket), when a new ticket has been filed (JIRA), when a specific build has finished successfully (Bamboo), but also it integrates with different products, such as Datadog, Salesforce, Jenkins, Giphy, etc.

Basically, it eases the communication between the people throughout the company, no matter how far you are from the others.

Desvantagens

If you configure tons of notifications (when people commit code, create Pull Requests, create tickets, apart from configuring bots to monitor services such as Datadog, etc.) for a room and there is a lot of activity, this becomes a pain instead of being an advantage. But this is more an inconvenient regarding the configuration the user can perform, not about the product.

Traduzir com Google

Great way to communicate with your Colleagues

Avaliado em 12/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This Software allows us to communicate with our colleauges real time and much quicker compare to when it is sent via email. Mobile App can be improved on but overall the experience is good.

Vantagens

HipChat is one of the most user-friendly and efficient software that is commonly used in the Office. Using this Sotware you can create a team that is only dedicated for a specific line of Business in order for them to communicate easily. It is also one of the easiest way to get an answer with your inquiry as it will be posted in a room of people with different knowledge either with the Business process or the products. You can easily send a link, file and messages in real time and get responses immediately which is great specially if the concern is urgent and will be fixed asap.

Desvantagens

The only issue I can think of this Software is when you are using it on a mobile phone, sometimes it does not alert you whenever there is a message so there is an instance that you will miss it. Apart from that this is a very useful tool.

John T.
Traduzir com Google

Some great features make it worth a good try!

Avaliado em 23/09/2018

Vantagens

It involves all features for effective chat and communication. Videoconferencing works superbly. It enables an internal private chat with the feature of instant messaging which is very useful. The chat can not only consist of individual members but is also open to team or group chatting services. One of the best features of the application is its cloud-based storage. All the text, data, images and messages don’t need to occupy your system space and can be stored directly in the cloud. This can help to maintain and improve system performance and also avoid the storage of any malicious files received on the PC. The message history is searchable so you can find relevant information as and when required.

Desvantagens

The application had a lot of features discontinued due to bad functionality; some of them were useful though. The chat history search function doesn't work properly for older messages. It keeps on loading when we search an old message in the history.

7.0/10
Deb P.
Traduzir com Google

Great communications tool for any organization

Avaliado em 08/12/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

As a nonprofit, HipChat generously granted us this tool to create work teams and improve communications across our organization. Plus, it's integration with other collaboration tools such as Asana really enabled us to improve our communications and work flow. There was a small learning curve in setting up HipChat and integrating it with other tools, but the user interface is quite simple after that. We did have some difficulty getting HipChat running on some PCs, while other PCs and Macs were fine. But the fact it's web-based and platform agnostic makes it a great tool that we use every day, in conjunction with the free version of Asana.

Vantagens

User friendly and very effective way to communicate across teams. Platform agnostic, mobile, easy to use. Also like the fact files are archived and searchable. Unlimited users for us as a nonprofit organization is an enormous bonus.

Desvantagens

Not what I need for project management, so we integrated HipChat with Asana (free version) to add that element. Was buggy on some PCs, but not sure why. The video call feature is on desktop only.

Luis C.
Traduzir com Google

A good chat system, although with problems

Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 18/07/2018

Vantagens

For my day to day as a student, HipChat has turned out to be an interesting alternative to keep in touch with my friends, but also with my teachers. The application has an excellent system of sending data and documents, which come out and are received instantly, thus allowing you to always have a fluent chat between friends, family or teachers. Also with the latest updates have implemented different gifs and emoticons that help keep the conversation fun with your friends. As a bonus, I think that HipChat has a very comfortable, simple and sober interface, making it an easy to use program, and very easy to understand the first time. Making anyone know how to comfortably use the chats and all the functions it offers.

Desvantagens

Although the mobile application offers instant synchronization with the desktop app, if it is true that it does not feel as comfortable as your desktop version. You have to lock in a lot more, to suddenly close the chats and when looking for old conversations, you use too many phone resources, because it makes it quite uncomfortable to move through the application.

Kevin P.
Traduzir com Google

One of the best communication tool out there

Avaliado em 12/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Positive experience over all, it is very user friendly and easy to use and I will recommend it to some of my friends too!

Vantagens

One thing I liked the most is the feature where you can create rooms for people that works on different projects as they can easily collaborate with the rest of the group in real time, sending files and photos is not a problem at all as well.

The search option on the thread is also great as you can easy back track the messages that you sent/received in the past which compared to other apps it will take time for you to scroll up/down just to read those.

Desvantagens

There are times that there will be outages, I cannot send messages or files and I will get an error that says "message was not sent" even though my connection is up.
I am hoping that they will get this addressed as soon as possible.

First HipChat then coffee

Avaliado em 17/05/2018

Vantagens

In a global company with offices around the world you need to communicate with other employees and hipchat is for that. If you don't want to miss something important you will get email if you are offline. Search history is endless - no information will lost. List of files and links used in conversation makes work easilier. GIFS :)

Desvantagens

Sometimes there is problem with connection or something - you send message twice while clicking "retry". There is a problem with conversation history with people that are not working anymore in you company - it disappears. If you send important message with some data that you need in your work to ex-employee, you have a problem. If you use www aplication you can around this problem, but it is not easy.

Manal I.

Team collaboration and communication

Avaliado em 29/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

If we want to collaborate with your team who is working in multiple projects, then this app should be your best choice.

Vantagens

This has been my first application used for team communication at work. It has no complicated learning phase and is very comfortable in using. The text chats and Audio calls are the features I mainly use and it has been to my satisfaction so far. The boards are the best feature which shows which project each member is attending to and also it allows us to provide feedbacks. Having the mobile app transfers the work on the go, which is one feature which makes me stick to it for so long.

Desvantagens

Video calls, I have tried it a couple of times and it has too many glitches. Otherwise I love everything else about this app.

Rick H.
Traduzir com Google

Transformed how we communicate & makes remote team member's accessible

Avaliado em 18/05/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

I have not used Hipchat competitors extensively so I cannot compare features or anything like that, but I would say I am very satisfied with Hipchat. I work remotely and find that I use hipchat more often than one on one conversations even when I'm in the office.

Vantagens

Creating a new room for multi-person semi-private conversations is simple. I use the search capabilities all the time to find previous conversations. It works well.

Desvantagens

Every so often they experience down time. We haven't been too disrupted by that though. Alerts seem to be confused when using both the desktop app and mobile app. There will be times when messages go unnoticed for days because hipchat didn't properly alert the recipient. A simple email or resending the chat message alleviates the problem.

Tiffany R.

It works and it's fun

Avaliado em 22/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall I like HipChat. We use it internally for cross-company communications.

Vantagens

My favorite part about Hipchat is it allows you to have a little fun in the work environment. You can use particular calls such as /giphy, /me, etc. to allow the software to pull a random giph into the chat window. It also comes with emoji's as well. It allows you to communicate with other internal channels within your company as well as create private rooms and have 1-on-1 conversations with other users.

Desvantagens

What I like least about this software is that aside from the pros that I've mentioned, there's not really a lot of customization options available. Just your basic contrast and font differences.

Nicole N.
Traduzir com Google

Hipchat helps my team communicate in the quickest, most efficient way.

Avaliado em 18/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The communication alone is a huge benefit. But knowing who is online and offline with the green, red and yellow dots makes my job easier because then I know who is online and who is available to talk to about a certain product/project. The ability to save conversations, store conversations and have conversations quickly is incredible.

Vantagens

Hipchat allows you to communicate effectively and quickly. Working on a design team, it helps us share work and provide feedback while all working remotely. The boards help us keep track of who is on what project, and we share what we are working on within each board.

Desvantagens

Finding shared resources in hipchat is a little difficult. I'm not the biggest fan of the right hand side bar on a board that just shows links. I would prefer for those links to be able to be named or have the conversation tied to it, or an image attached to understand which link is for which project.

Perfect collaboration chat application

Avaliado em 14/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This application allows us to collaborate instantly. It's infinitely more useful than email or any other method of communication. Hipchat allows us to always be connected with a desktop app, a web app and a great mobile app.

Vantagens

The applications interface is very straightforward. Anyone who has used any chat app in the past such as IRC, AIM or even competitor products will know exactly what to do and how to do it upon opening the app for the first time.

The web app is also essential, when using a computer other than your own you can log right in on any browser and all your conversations are accessible. The mobile app is great for those who want to stay connected while out of office.

Desvantagens

I occasionally will miss a notification but I feel that may be more the fault of Mac OS. If they could make a "missed chat" notification a little more apparent this app would be perfect.

Traduzir com Google

Good communicator and chat tool

Avaliado em 01/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Ease of use and effective communication with the team

Vantagens

I like the integration capabilities and the interface is easy to use across various platforms like iOS app, browser and mobile. The experience is very intuitive across all device and browser types . History is automatically reflected and available without any update or upgrade requirements.

Desvantagens

There are a lack of customizable status indications that are available. Also, there have not been many updates and refreshes in experience in the recent times and the overall experience feels a little jaded now. Also, the smileys section needed to be expanded a little from just the basic ones that are currently available now

Mayur T.
Traduzir com Google

A better and easy chat interface for busienesses.

Avaliado em 13/08/2018

Vantagens

It works efficiently as a chat application. The presence of gif files and links make the atmosphere very interactive. The application is very simple to use. Even the versions for mobile phones are very easy-to-use. The chat rooms built by the users could be made either private or public, depending on the circle in which the contacts fall.

Desvantagens

The previous messages take literally a long time to load. Sometimes, the servers take a long time to respond to requests. Hence, audio and video conferences are used limitedly. Also, in some versions, there is no way to check out messages before a specific date set as the limit. Beyond it, there is no way to retrieve older messages. The mobile application could be made more efficient. Compared to other similar applications, they are more expensive.

6.0/10

IM and Communication tool

Avaliado em 07/08/2018

Good Communication and IM tool for team

Vantagens

I have used JIRA extensively in both my current and past jobs and I believe one of the biggest advantages to HipChat is its integration with other Atlassian tools like JIRA and Confluence. HipChat helps the team communicate with each other outside of emails and the above integration helps with building an entirely comprehensive ecosystem around it.

Desvantagens

The UI of the app now feels a little outdated and jaded as there have not been many refreshes that have happened in the recent past. Also, the inability to have custom notifications depending on the rooms that you need is also a problem.

Simple and easy to use

Avaliado em 17/12/2018

Vantagens

Hipchat is a very easy to use chatting software. It's straightforward and clean interface allows you to always get to what you need to quickly. Group chat functions are good and the history searching helps you to find that 'one conversation from a couple weeks ago' when you need to reference it.

Desvantagens

The advanced add-ons/integrations can be useful, but are difficult to use. It's hard to remember how to access them and what special commands are required to get the functionality to be valuable. Group chat ownership limitations also can be annoying since the owner has limited ability to delegate powers to other users.

Sandra O.
Traduzir com Google

Simple to use,clean interface and gets job done.

Avaliado em 14/07/2018

Vantagens

Hipchat is intuitive and has been handy for connecting with every member of my team at work.Eliminating the need to put a call through to them ,walk up to their desk or send an email.
I like the emojis on Hipchat and I have always used them to add a bit of life to my chats with team members. There is also the ability to create chats into different groups ,depending on who and whom is involved in a particular project.

Desvantagens

Notifications on hipchat have sometime been undependable . There have been occasions in time past when I have failed to receive a notification on Hipchat when one of my rooms was updated.

Lauren A.

Good for Small Business

Avaliado em 19/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I work in a medical office and when we needed to expand our practice, we had to expand to an office suite across the hall, which meant a separation between the front office and the clinicians. HipChat was the perfect way to communicate without having to run across the hall all the time.

Vantagens

It was an easy-to-use interface, it keeps the chat log in case you want to or need to go back, you could make a group chat, and we could discuss patient needs and information without violating HIPAA.

Desvantagens

The emoticons were a little sad and the gifs came out too small to really see what they were, which is a) incredibly minor, and b) not even applicable if you are in a very professional setting.

Varun K.
Traduzir com Google

If you're looking for the best group chat for team communication, this is it!

Avaliado em 20/09/2018

Vantagens

You don't have to go through the usual rigmarole of installation procedures like other apps. Availability of 30 day free trial version helps to better learn how it works There are freedom to make as much discussion rooms as one needs even in the free plan. There is no time lag during video calls. The notification popups are very well noticeable and looks very cool as well.

Desvantagens

Even though Hipchat is a good application, there are few ,imitations. In videcalling, the screen sharing feature is not functioning properly. The notification popup is not accurate when there is lot of events in the morning.

7.0/10
Traduzir com Google

A great tie-in to other Atlassian products

Avaliado em 02/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Hipchat links directly with our Jira and Confluence accounts and is very valuable to our business practices.

Vantagens

Hipchat is similar to many competitors, but distinct in that it links directly to your Jira and Confluence accounts. This is valuable for internal documentation and other uses your businesses may have. If you use Atlassian products, don't waste your time with any competing chat applications. Hipchat has a mobile application, desktop app and a web app.

Desvantagens

The iOS application hasn't been updated for iPhone X yet. It's about 7 months after launch and still no update which isn't the end of the world but very annoying.

Antoniana M.

I love HipChat

Avaliado em 09/05/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

. Rooms for every departments within company and ability to invite users.

. Task control and more efficient development process.

Vantagens

The user experience with HipChat is excellent! It uses an elegant, clean UI design that helps interact with chats in an intuitive way. The chat timeline is excellent, the user status is easy to understand and sharing files and have web cam chats is easy as pie. Plus, the application has an iOS app version and a web-based version, which brings the same level of UI simplicity.

Desvantagens

This is annoying, as I have 4-5 teams, and again manually i'm searching for these rooms to join.Otherwise it is the best.