Exibindo 253 avaliações de 226

• Recursos
dos usuários recomendam este app
Exibindo 253 avaliações de 226
Ray A.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

I relied on Crashplan for document backup while completing my PhD abroad.

Avaliado em 15/12/2017

Outstanding performance over the 3 year period that I used it. Once my data was uploaded (it took nearly a year), I was assured that my PhD research was safe.

I stopped using it because the internet in China was simply too restricted and curtailed to make it useful.

Vantagens

It runs continuously in the background to ensure that the files selected are backed up.
The Crashplan client automatically backs up to ensure that customers are using the very latest client and are not in danger of security leaks.

The Crashplan client is cross-platform and will run on Linux and Mac

Desvantagens

Code42 appears to have removed their plan for standard household users and now only has plans for small and large businesses. Unfortunate for the average household computer user.

When I used Crashplan for backup in Beijing, China, the upload speeds were horrendously slow. I assume this was not the fault of Crashplan, but the result of serious Internet throttling by the internet provider or by state security apparatus in China where all connections to the outside world are severely curtailed. Backing up 200gb of data took nearly half a year. But my experience was likely unusual.

Based on other user reports of Crashplan, the upload and download speeds are quite good.

Paul B.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários

Capable flexible backup solution

Avaliado em 28/10/2020

I used Crashplan for several years and found it to be an excellent reliable product. I no longer used it because the home user option was withdrawn and the small business pricing was prohibitive for a home user. If the option is ever reinstated I would not hesitate in returning to use the product.

Vantagens

Flexibility, reliability, ease of use, configuration options. Unlimited storage, file modification history. Local backup and peer to peer options.

Desvantagens

Withdrawal of home user option, which I understand given the economics of providing unlimited storage.

Andrzej M.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Easy to use back-up plan, but upload speeds could be better.

Avaliado em 22/07/2019

I can easily backup all my photographs and Photoshop files on my external drive and have them always backed up in the cloud without much thought.

Vantagens

It's easy to setup and once you do you can forget it. Also, support team is very responsive nad helpful (had few minor problems along the way and they were quickly resolved).

Desvantagens

Compared to some other softwares the upload speeds could be better (I tested same files with the same network and Crashplan was the slowest).

Lisa W.
  • Setor: Bancos
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Reliable backup software that is easy to set up and use

Avaliado em 18/02/2021

CrashPlan was a very affordable online backup solution for our small business. We only have one server, and even though you can set up multiple servers and computers to use CrashPlan, we only needed one. We also set up continuous backup, but set the hours for the evening so it would not interfere with our daily work (such as Quickbooks). Our SQL data is also backed up.

Vantagens

We needed to find a replacement for an online backup software package that was no longer working reliably for our company. CrashPlan was easy to install and was up and running within an hour. The initial load of our data took many hours, but that is to be expected.

Desvantagens

The reporting options are actually a bit more complex than what I need. Reports can be set up for several users, but we only have one user.

Bob J.
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

CrashPlan Pro (Code42)

Avaliado em 09/02/2021

I've been using CrashPlan Pro, and now called Code42 for over 10 years and overall I really like how it works. I started with the On-Prem solution, and moved to the Code42 Cloud a few years ago. The Cloud product allowed me to do away with our in-house CrashPlan Pro servers and huge storage arrays.

Vantagens

Over 10 years ago, CrashPlan Pro came recommended by an IT friend. I've been using since then.

Desvantagens

Overall, the ease of use for the end user is nice. However, the admin portal and all the intricate settings takes some time to get used to as well as tweaking of the settings.

Benjamin J.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Has so much potential but is being held back

Avaliado em 12/07/2018

Unlimited backup storage of my computer system with revision history

Vantagens

The fact that the cost vs amount of storage you receive is incredible with Crash Plan. I have looked through so many providers for online backups and I don't believe anyone comes close to what is offered by this software.

The fact that once you you install the program and sign in, the interface is very straight forward allowing you to select what on your computer you want to back up, all the way down to the entire contents of your C: drive is great and makes the product easy to use.

Notifications are also a great feature to notify you if there was a problem during a backup.

Desvantagens

My major issues come down to resource usage and customer support. This software, even though it does fantastic things, is an absolute resource hog.

In the past I have been able to run constant backups incrementally at 15 minute intervals without much slow down of my systems. Within the past year however, on a 16GB memory system, as soon as crash plan begins to backup my memory usage jumps from about 15% to over 50% until I stop the program completely. On windows server 2012, the same issue happens, whether Crash Plan is installed for every user, or just my admin account, the instantaneous system slow down is there to where everyone on the system is effected.

My two attempts at contacting support about the issue resulted in almost a 1 week wait time between calls/emails and the answer I ended up receiving was that they would no longer be supporting servers with the Crash Plan application. However present day their website still says it supports windows servers.

The idea behind the program is amazing, I just wish the execution and support was more clear and helpful.

Avaliador Verificado

Used to be better

Avaliado em 12/06/2019

Vantagens

It's a "set it and forget it" program which is great for backup and archiving. I loved the feature that allowed you to keep previous versions indefinitely.

Desvantagens

They've recently changed their terms and exclude certain file types for backing up. They eliminated their lowest priced plan and only offer their more expensive plans. Since their organizational changes, I've had lots of connection errors and interruptions. Backups need to be one thing - RELIABLE

Shaun P.
  • Setor: Bens de consumo
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

CrashPlan Review

Avaliado em 29/09/2020

This software offers a simple and effective data backup solution.

Vantagens

This is an overall great data backup solution. I have used this for many many years for backing up my parents personal and small business computers. Great tool.

Desvantagens

I cannot think of any real cons for this software. There are some cheaper options nowadays for data backup. However, this is still a great tool.

Liz W.
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Crashplan, The Most Affordable Backup Solution

Avaliado em 06/02/2019

Overall, Crashplan has been a wonderful solution to my need for affordable cloud backups. My photography business would not continue to operate if I couldn't safely save all my work. I've had past wedding clients return five years later asking for a copy of their lost wedding photos; Crashplan will continue to enable me to ensure that I will always have an off-site copy of my work at a really affordable price.

Vantagens

As a professional freelance photographer, I have to backup huge amounts of data to keep my business safe. After much research, and one bad experience with a different cloud solution company, I found Crashplan (Code42) to be the most affordable system that still allows unlimited backups. They are priced extremely competitively without compromising quality.

Desvantagens

Crashplan used to have a mobile app that allowed users to access all their backed-up files from their phones. They recently discontinued this app. I can hardly believe the company would take such a step backwards. I used the app on a regular basis to refer to documents or images that I needed to access while I was away from my computer. This convenience was one of my biggest draws to Crashplan initially; I wish they would bring back the app.

Nicolas B.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

Do the job, silently

Avaliado em 09/02/2021

We were looking for a solution for real-time backup of data from our various computers without recurring manual operation.

Vantagens

More than easy to install, setup and monitor. Then the application is doing the job and backups data in real time.

Desvantagens

The administration console is a bit austere. But ultimately, this is not what we ask of this kind of application.

Cayce C.
  • Setor: Contabilidade

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Easy to use backup software

Avaliado em 16/04/2020

Vantagens

Easy to set up what needs to be backed up. Backup runs automatically.

Desvantagens

The price has increased significantly over time.

Kathy S.
  • Setor: Varejistas
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

CrashPlan Gives Me Peace Of Mind

Avaliado em 22/10/2019

I really like CrashPlan. Most of the time, you wouldn't even know it was running ... it just does its thing! I think I have been using it for 10 or 12 years, and I have never felt the need to look for another application. I am disappointed that they no longer offer an option for personal use. I know that it says you can go with the business use option, even if you just do some freelance work with the computer you back up, but it is a little expensive for just a personal backup if the backup isn't that big. Overall though, I love CrashPlan, and recommend it to many people.

Vantagens

I have been using CrashPlan for many years. I used to use it for personal use, but now I use it for business use. Because I work remotely, I keep a large collection of our graphics/code files on my computer. I don't have access to a work server to keep them on, and I was always concerned about what would happen if I were robbed, or some sort of disaster happened to my home, that wiped out my computer and my local backups. CrashPlan gives me peace of mind, that my files are backed up somewhere safe.

I evaluated other products, before choosing CrashPlan, and for me, CrashPlan was the winner for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason, was that if I had a computer with a smaller hard drive, and had to work off of an external hard drive for some things, CrashPlan also backed up that external hard drive to their system, as long as it was plugged into my computer. Not all backup software will do this. I also love it, because it works well on my Mac, and isn't just targeted at PC users.

Desvantagens

Sometimes the messages that you get about backups can be misleading. It will say that you have a certain amount set for backup, and sometimes it will be a number that seems really low. Every time I have looked into this with support, it has turned out that the correct amount WAS set for backup, but I believe the email went out mid backup, and therefore gave a misleading message. Sometimes that can be a little alarming, even though there was never a true issue.

The initial backup can be very slow ... like months, in my case! If I ever had to restore everything, I am sure it would take a crazy amount of time, so I would have to opt for the option where you pay to have a full hard drive mailed to you, which isn't cheap. Better than losing all your files though! That is why I also keep a local backup.

Kyle M.
  • Setor: Serviços de Facilities

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

CrashPlan does exactly what it needs to do

Avaliado em 09/06/2017

We no longer need to manage our backup infrastructure. CrashPlan takes care of this. Previously, with Windows Backup, we needed to periodically purge our backups because when using a network location, Windows Backup can't do versioning. So we'd end up filling terabytes of storage of the same files over and over again. CrashPlan fixes this problem for us!

Vantagens

CrashPlan is really easy to use. I love using it because I can backup to another computer for FREE! The only part of the app that is pay is if you want to backup the the Code42 cloud. If you don't use the cloud, you get easy & free backups! The versioning is also really nice. We can restore a file from any point along it's life. CrashPlan is used to backup our general file server, our email server, and our SQL database dumps. I can centrally restore any file from any server from my location. We migrated to CrashPlan from Windows Backup. It took a lot of overhead out of our backup procedure. CrashPlan has also saved our files from Virus' on a few occasions. With the outbreak of Ransomware, CrashPlan really helps save our files from being encrypted.

Desvantagens

CrashPlan is written in Java, which means, it's pretty much the only reason I have Java installed. Supposedly, a non-Java client is coming, but who knows when or if that will happen. It is also _really_ difficult to manage on a headless server. You basically have to create a SSH tunnel, then from a separate computer 'fake' out that installation of CrashPlan into thinking it needs to connect through the SSH tunnel. Done properly, your desktop CrashPlan will connect to the CrashPlan backend on the headless server. It would be really nice to be able to manage a headless server without any SSH tunneling, or port forwarding, or any of that.

Avaliador Verificado

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Continuous peace of mind and protection

Avaliado em 11/07/2016

It just runs... You go to lunch, you go into a meeting. Its running. You go on holiday its running.

Code 42 platform can be used to backup end point devices throughout the world to your own private server. Code 42's cloud servers or a combination of both. You can specify global settings or individual ones. Customising to the exact level required for you or your business.

It can be deployed for a few dozen machines or thousands. It gives us viability on our servers data and endpoint client activities providing more insight than just a regular backup client.

Vantagens

The client is customisable. It can be deployed silently and is configurable from the machine or can be locked and the configuration done via the server.

New abilities allow the user to restore data form their backups if starting again on a new machine. This can aid migrations and ease pressure on facilities.

Strong encryption, compression and an easy to use interface make using the client a pleasure.

Documentation is very detailed and easy to read and follow along.

Code42's support are extremely helpful and pleasant!

Desvantagens

Recent redesigns of the client and server interface have left things confusing. The attempts to make the whole system minimal results in it being more difficult and annoying to use. Some features are difficult to find or too many layers deep now. The interface is also less responsive than the previous versions and often doesn't update for a long period of time.

The web interface for the main server does not work properly in Safari which is a big annoyance for us and our users.

Code42 seem to be continually changing the name of the product. Crashplan Pro. Crashplan ProE, now Code42 platform. It can be confusing and again frustrating.

Code 42's support team are excellent! I cannot praise them enough. However I do not have the same experience with the Sales team, Code42 are after certain customers and in that refuse and do not want to help other customers which has propogated bad will throughout the community that has supported them from a startup.

Nathan M.
  • Setor: Automotivo
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários

• Suporte ao cliente

Excellent backup engine for any platform.

Avaliado em 23/03/2016

The CrashPlan architecture allows versioning, continuous backup on OS X, Windows, and Linux desktop clients, and Code42 offers PROe private cloud servers for each of these platforms as well.

I've used CrashPlan PROe (private cloud server with standard CrashPlan client) for three years, in multiple small business settings. It's a five star product, with five star support, but a few small but persistent browser compatibility issues, and one major licensing problem, keep it from earning all five stars from me.

Vantagens

Installing, maintaining, and updating the PROe server is trivial on both Debian Linux and OS X. (One-click updates directly from the administrative console would be a nice addition, since locating update files on the Code42 site is not as quick as it perhaps should be, but that's a minor nuisance).

Likewise, installing and configuring clients is fast and easy, and once the client software is installed on a workstation, the administrative console allows control of all client settings, saving legwork. Client access can be restricted to ensure that backups are not interrupted, and CrashPlan PROe has a complete set of legal hold tools available in a separate administrative interface should your organization require them.

The client is lightweight and offers good granular control over bandwidth use. The server is extremely flexible, allowing any number of storage points on any number of running servers, even across server platforms, and the CrashPlan architecture further allows any client to be delegated as a storage point for other clients, in the case of, for instance, a satellite office scenario, disaster recovery, or server maintenance.

Desvantagens

The only real operating nuisance I've encountered is browser incompatibility with the otherwise lovely administrative console, which does not scale properly for Mobile Safari, and which presents a baffling "server disconnect" message on Safari for OS X. On the desktop, one can simply use Firefox or Chrome, but a proper mobile Safari theme--or even the ability to permanently eliminate the client download prompt when accessing the console from a mobile browser--would be a huge improvement for those of us who do an increasing amount of our admin tasks from our mobile devices.

The ugly is that this wonderfully designed, private cloud backup system, which was once my first choice for small business clients, is now available only in packages of 25 licenses and up. Not only does this make no sense from a supply side—Code42 incurs no storage or infrastructure overhead from private cloud backup, so one would think they would prefer to sell these licenses—but it arbitrarily shuts out small businesses from a product which is otherwise perfect for the small business use case, forcing these businesses, often creative firms which generate multiple gigabytes of new data each hour, to rely on Code42's public cloud product (try uploading 2 terabytes on virtually any broadband connection in the US) or, more realistically, to look elsewhere for onsite backup solutions.

I used to recommend CrashPlan PROe to all my small business clients. I can no longer do so, not because the product is not excellent—it is—but because Code42 literally will not sell it to them if they can't buy 25 or more licenses. The mind boggles at whatever bean-counterish logic led to this decision, which both locks small businesses out of an otherwise ideal product for their needs, and amounts to Code42 throwing away all potential revenue from those in the small business sector who cannot rely on public cloud backup alone.

I'd encourage small businesses and consultants working with small business to contact Code42 anyway, and put some pressure on them to revise this policy. CrashPlan PROe is otherwise as close to a perfect product as I have seen in the last ten years of IT, and it is simply foolish to refuse to sell it because a client has a smaller budget or smaller needs.

Philip C.
  • Setor: Música

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Our lives are digital; Crashplan is your health insurance!

Avaliado em 29/03/2020

On the whole, if you don't have a ton of data then there are lots of free backup options that might meet your needs. On the other hand, if you have many terabytes that need protecting then I thin CrashPlan is the best choice on the market.

Vantagens

I use CrashPlan for Small Business. The greatest thing about CrashPlan is that it offers unlimited backup and this is not a gimmick. When they say unlimited, we're talking all of your precious terabytes. The 2nd greatest thing about CrashPlan is they have amazing customer service. I hardly ever find myself waiting and their help is always fast, precise and effective. If you are someone who has a lot of data then $10 per month is going to seem like a small price to pay to know that data is always safe.

Desvantagens

If you don't have a super fast connection then backing a terabytes is going to take some time but their support forum has a comprehensive guide to increasing speed and decreasing backup time. It's an additional $10 per computer so some people may take issue with this but again for unlimited back up it's still very reasonable in my opinion.