Avaliações do WHMCS

Web hosting automation platform

4.2/5 (51 avaliações)
Lucian M.
Traduzir com Google

WHMCS - Best invoicing and support software for your hosting business

Avaliado em 15/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I use WHMCS for 7+ years now. It makes my invoicing very easy, I can keep up with customers and their billing without spending too much time. The invoice reminders and automatic updates makes my work easier. I am able to add billing items quick, as I finish my work on a project. I can add a billing item to the user next invoice or bill it right away. I mostly use the invoicing features and reports. I may use the support ticket system later on. I am very happy with WHMCS, it saves me time and help me collect payments in a timely manner.

Vantagens

WHMCS offers a variety of features, as billing & invoicing, large number of integrated payment methods, customer support ticket system, integration with CPanel, selling domains and hosting packages to your customers and much more. I like the automatic recurring invoicing the most, including automatic reminder before and after a missed due date. I like the customer ability to pay online, by clicking the link in the invoice email and going to the payment page. It has many useful reports, for specific periods, type of customers, taxed or not and more. I also like that they always improve the software to work with the current version of PHP/MySQL. It is an essential software for my business.

Desvantagens

Related to functionality everything works fine. The only downside: updating is a bit expensive, 99.95 USD/year.

Hi Lucian,
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments.
I'm very pleased to hear that WHMCS has the best invoices and support software for your hosting operation for the best part of a decade!

We're continuing our history of supporting new technologies by introducing support for PHP 7.3 very soon!

Amber L.

Good Customer Management & Hosting Billing Solution

Avaliado em 16/07/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The main benefit is automation. With a growing company, the small, important tasks can take up your entire day. It's important to trust a reputable software with those tasks so you can focus on your customers.

Vantagens

WHMCS has come a long way in a short amount of time. They seem receptive to user input, which is always a plus for me.

Ultimately, it's a well-rounded solution for managing your web hosting business's customers and billing. There are many add-in options by WHMCS as well as third-party developers to help you achieve just about any task, automation, or feature that you may require.

The fact that third-party developers are welcome to develop for this software is important to me. I've often hired out to have an add-on module created to my specifications.

The support forums are a fantastic resource as well. There are quite a few people who generously offer their time to help each other.

Desvantagens

The updates can be temperamental, which can get frustrating when you're running a business. It seems to be common for users to wait quite some time before upgrading to the next version, just to make sure the kinks are worked out.

Hi Amber,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.
Customer feedback really is the primary driver of the development of WHMCS, and we like to see that comes across.

We look forward to automating your business operations for years to come!

Jimmi N.
Traduzir com Google

Very efficient, easy to use, easy accounting and great support. Perfect for domains and hosting.

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 04/04/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

1. Great GUI. Simple enough to make sure the user has an easy time accessing the many features easily.
2. Great automation options that let the system do most of the 'leg work' and the user's role is limited to only monitoring and so allowing for more time for them to concentrate on marketing of the features.
3. Has adequate security features to allow for secure transactions between the clients and the system with minimal or no exploitation gaps
4. Great notification systems to allow for an automated and easy communication to clients.

Vantagens

Its wide variety of features that allow for many add-ons to the system depending on the users needs.
The automation (once setup perfectly) allows users to control and maintain countless products and services easily and efficiently as all the details on specifics are easily accessible from the administrative user accounts.
Very efficient accounting features i.e. invoice generation, email setup and SMS feature just to mention a few that once configured with the proper cron jobs allow for easy and professional host-to-client communication.
The encryption by IONCUBE ensures very good security on the important files thus thoroughly reducing insecurity issues such as hacking.

Desvantagens

Most of the best add-ons are not free and require constant renewals.
The branding of the system (but this mostly depends on the license purchased). It should consider the uprising businesses (SMEs).

Hi Jimmi,
I'm pleased to hear that WHMCS is allowing your business to run efficiently and automatically. Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

Martin E.
Traduzir com Google

Together with WHM, WHMCS provides a total hosting and billing automated solution

Avaliado em 11/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

WHMCS (along with WHM) completely automates the ordering, account setup and hosting services of several of my clients, leaving them free to respond to support requests and develop new products. The overall cost of ownership has been low, and the features it provides have paid for themselves several times over.

Vantagens

WHMCS is very full featured and reliable system, offering just about all the tools you need to provide hosting services to customers. It can work in tandem with a server running WHM to automate the entire processs, allowing you to focus on developing new products and services. There are a multitude of third-party modules available, offering just about any features you may require (such as CRM capabilities, or specific payment gateways). WHMCS is reliable, and my clients make use of it every day for taking orders, managing products, and responding to support tickets.

Desvantagens

The update process can be cumbersome, particularity if you have customized the product in any way, however the support for WHMCS is very good, and usually problems are easy to deal with. I do always try to update our of usual business hours, just in case.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I'm pleased to hear we've been reliably providing all the tools needed for your operations for several years!

Traduzir com Google

It's fine for starting businesses

Avaliado em 21/12/2017

Vantagens

Back in 2014, as I was looking for a CRM platform that could handle hosting customers, WHMCS was the way to go. As my company grew, it was time to invest in add-ons, like integrating Zendesk, Freshdesk and Google Suite reseller portal with our system. ModulesGarden provided us the necessary functionality, but as their policy changed to SaaS, our annual costs raised by over 600%.

Without doubt, WHMCS is a great platform. But without the necessary functionality, larger companies will have to invest.

Desvantagens

Price, design and functionality. The admin panel looks outdated, their price policy has changed and the functionality needs improvement. I definitely recommend WHMCS to other my colleagues, but it's not perfect.

Hi there,
I'm pleased to hear that WHMCS has been providing your business automation needs for several years; we pride ourselves on our longevity.

Our platform is designed with some specific industries in mind and we have a number of developer resources available which allow it to be extended to meet individual needs. The policies and pricing of external vendors and developers is outside our control.

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review!

Traduzir com Google

Easy to manage billing systems

Avaliado em 21/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall it's a streamlined and intuitive billing system that makes managing accounts, invoices, and other billing tools easy and fast.

Vantagens

A wide variety of search features and functions for locating accounts by any number of metrics is very useful for customers who don't know their account details or have mystery charges we're searching. There's a lot of areas to leave notes on accounts and individual products, and the custom contact metrics for emailing special offers are great

Desvantagens

This may be something specific with our integration, but it's not always convenient that accounts are merged automatically if a new account generates with the same email address. Sometimes it's a customer ordering for family who have separate billing details but they help setup/manage the account, or business accounts end up together that shouldn't but are managed by the same office manager who uses their email, etc.

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. It's great to hear that the reporting features are helping you keep track of business metrics.

Sean P.
Traduzir com Google

The ultimate hosting management solution

Avaliado em 26/06/2018
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

Vantagens

I've used WHMCS for many years and it's been my go to solution for web hosting management. It's user interface is clean, client management is easy and it's integration with cPanel is flawless (its saved me countless hours). WHMCS is easy to setup and its licensing model is simple and affordable. A wide range of payment methods are also available and the software can be used for development licensing too which is pretty cool!

Desvantagens

It's difficult to find a negative when considering WHMCS. Years of development by a dedicated team and community has results in significant improvements. My only suggestion would be to improve its development licensing system. While it works, there are improvements to be made. However it is worth pointing out that this isn't the standard purpose of the software.

Benjamin H.

Web host management utility

Avaliado em 24/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, this software is pretty much top-of-the-line for managing clients and back-end business needs with a price-point that definitely helps the bottom line.

Vantagens

It has a large number of plugins to extend it's functionality from it core. This provides capabilities to effectively manage the business and to allow those with coding experience to also add functionality that may not be available elsewhere.

Desvantagens

Updates can be a pain if you have a large number of plugins and they are not being updated by their authors. This either delays upgrading or prevents it for longer than desired while you try to locate updated plugins with similar functionality.

Resposta do WHMCS

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're pleased to hear that you've found WHMCS to be a top-of-the-line solution for your client management, billing and automation needs.

Michael K.
Traduzir com Google

WHMCS is a good all-around product at a very affordable price point.

Avaliado em 15/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We use it for a CRM software with the focus being Client list, Billing, Support.

Vantagens

WHMCS provides all the basic functionality that a typical CRM software should. It works very well as a generalist software.

Desvantagens

The software is a very generalist software, I would like to see it be a little more advanced. Each module is rather basic and it would be nice to see a little more detail and focus be put into them.

Hi Michael,
I'm pleased to hear that WHMCS is meeting your hosting automation needs and general CRM functionality.

In the past year we've begun introducing end-to-end automated services with closer integrations in the client and admin area via our MarketConnect feature. We will be expanding the services available through MarketConnect in 2018.

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review!

7.0/10
Bobby B.

Time-Saver for Freelancers

Avaliado em 08/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, the software does what it was designed to do and it a valuable add-on for any freelance web developer that is seeking to offer value addedd products and services to their already established line-up.

Vantagens

Once setup is completed the software really helps to keep everything from the sale of a domain name to webhosting of new clients all in-order nice and neat.

Desvantagens

Personally, I didn't like the WHMCS branding in the footers of the software. So, I paid to remove them - its an extra cost to do so. Setup can be somewhat tricky.

Resposta do WHMCS

Hi Bobby, thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear that we're helping you be more efficient and allowing you to offer value added products to your customers on top of your core service offering. We hope to be part of your growth in the years to come!

Traduzir com Google

Open sourced billing software that works for more than just hosting

Avaliado em 04/04/2019

Vantagens

I've been using this for my digital marketing/web hosting business for years and no complaints. It's open sourced and there are plenty of custom modules should you have a software that needs to be integrated. I have a custom integration that allows me to accept Bitcoin on invoices.

I use it to handle the billing for my agency so it works for more than just web hosting companies.

Desvantagens

If you are not tech savvy and don't want to hire a developer it can be time-consuming learning to how set some things up. But you only have to do it once in most cases.

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective. It's great to hear WHMCS is automating your digital marketing business!

Jonathan H.
Traduzir com Google

Best host managing software!

Avaliado em 07/03/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It helped me to run my hosting business.

Vantagens

It's simple enough to configure. There are a LOT of options and possibilites. Integrates perfectly with payment methods and servers, makes my life as hosting provider VERY simple.

Desvantagens

It takes a little time to get used to the interface. It's simple but there is a learning curve. There are so many options that it can be a little overwhelming.

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased to hear WHMCS has been simplifying your hosting business' operations for over 2 years!

With software as powerful as WHMCS, there are a lot of options to consider, so we've made efforts to smooth the learning curve for new users. This takes the form of a setup wizard, new written guides and a setup checklist.

Denver P.
Traduzir com Google

Web Hosting Billing And Provision Software IS Essential - WHMCS Billing Software

Avaliado em 18/03/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

WHMCS software has managed our company for well over 10 years and going. Hundreds of customers to manage and I could not do it without WHMCS billing software. Thanks guys!

Vantagens

I can setup variable hosting packages and services and provision directly onto my VPS systems or Dedicated Hardware. I can manage and escalate trouble tickets easily and be notified via email or SMS of new tickets. There are scores of add-ons to fit any industries needs.

Desvantagens

Most of the core is encrypted. Lack of themed email templates out of the box. I had to write my own using special logic code.

Hi Denver,
Thanks for sharing your review. It's great to hear that WHMCS is helping manage hundreds of customers for over a decade!

Depends on What You Use it For

Avaliado em 23/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I don't mind it for customer billing, and maybe offering third party hosting through it, but for website building... not for me.

Vantagens

WHMCS offers a lot of functionality with billing and customer products. That being said, the satisfaction and ease of use definitely depends on what you are using it for. If you are using it for customer billing and integrated support, it is solid... if you are trying to integrate it with WordPress and build a site around your product options... it can be difficult.

Desvantagens

Hard to integrate your product packages and capsules into a WordPress website without using a couple of workarounds.

Jeremy V.

Great product

Avaliado em 07/04/2018

Vantagens

Been using it for 5 years now, I can manage my servers with ease and I can set up different features of software I want to use. Whenever I need support, I can write a ticket and I get help really fast.

Desvantagens

Although the customer support are great but you have to go through multiple steps starting with submitting a ticket, responding to questions in the ticket response if you want to change anything even the very small things.

Hi Jeremy,
It's great to hear that WHMCS has been helping you manage your server with ease for 5 years, and that you've found our support has always been there for you.

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review.

Andreina C.
Traduzir com Google

Great tool for automate your business

Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 29/09/2017
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

Vantagens

You can automate and configure many processes of your company such as payments, customer support, emails sending, you can create digital products and configure them to give access to customers.

It has so many tools. Basically i use it because I work with customer service. It has a tickets system with which you can answer to customers, follow-up cases, assign the case to another team member for solution. It's easier to communicate with customer using WHCMS's predefined answers. You save a lot of time.

It allows you to bill customers and automate payments every month, every year, as you prefer.

If you have a web hosting business this may be very usefull for you. It also allows fully automated hosting account setup and management with domains.

Desvantagens

As cons i must say it's not too intuitive, it you will need to read the documentation in order to do some tasks.

Clayton J.
Traduzir com Google

No longer cares about the customer

Avaliado em 10/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

WHMCS used to be a good company. They no longer care about their customers though. They're more interested in adding products to Market Connect that they get a cut of the profits than doing what PAYING customers are asking them to. While I used to would have recommended this to everyone, I come closer to viewing it as a cash grab or scam now and would recommend it only to my enemies.

Vantagens

Software used to be awesome and easy to use. It isn't anymore.

No longer easy to use.
Proper setup alone takes days.
Every update breaks every theme for the last 1.5 years.
Software's become so bloated less tech savvy customers have a hard time using it.
Invoicing system is terrible and requires research to even see what you're paying for.

Hi Clayton,
Thanks for your review.

With software as powerful as WHMCS, there are a lot of options to consider, so we've made efforts to smooth the learning curve for new users. This takes the form of a setup wizard, new written guides and a setup checklist on the "Setup" menu.
The MarketConnect features are another direct result of user feedback to make configuration easier with the added benefit of increasing the profitability and richness of your own product offerings. With one click you can sell new products with a level of automation and cost prices which otherwise would not be available to SMEs.

We appreciate that updating custom templates 3 times per year isn¿t the most fun task in the world, but that is necessary when the public and client-facing UI is customizable. To ease this process, we publish full diffs on our GitHub Repro, which you can manually compare or use git to automatically merge changes; meaning templates updates only need take a matter of minutes.

0.0/10
Traduzir com Google

WHMCS - Brilliant Software!

Avaliado em 29/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Been running my hosting and web development company since 2009! WHMCS helped me to stay focused on my clients while it handles all my invoicing, account setups, support tickets and so much more!

Vantagens

A complete billing / accounting / hosting service / Domains etc. software solution to make life easier so you can focus on your business while WHMCS do the rest! I cant run my business without this software!

Desvantagens

There is nothing that I can complaint about, I simply love this software!

Hi there,
Thanks for writing this review. We're pleased to hear that WHMCS has freed time to focus on your clients.

Daniel O.

Great tool

Avaliado em 03/04/2018

Vantagens

The fact that you can manage all your servers, hosting, domain and emails from one place
Friendly interface
Professional customer support

Desvantagens

Long learning curve, you might need to open some tickets, chat with support and even call them to get the set up right

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your review, I'm pleased to hear you have found WHMCS a great tool for your business automation needs, and that our after-sales support is professional.

We appreciate there can be a lot of options to set up when first installing WHMCS so we have introduced a setup wizard, new written guides and a setup checklist to help.

Chris B.
Traduzir com Google

i use it doesnt mean i like it

Avaliado em 16/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

overall it does what it says it will and with out really to many headaches

Vantagens

i do like that with a few click you can have an online shop accepting any form of currency known to man within a few minutes

Desvantagens

Well there are a few things i dislike the the license issue i think are a little crazy. sure they have different packages but even if you buy a life time lic you will need to pay them 80 to 100 a year for updates that may or may not come out in the current year. and there are no opt out option for other lil things

Emmanuel m M.
Traduzir com Google

Good web hosting automation and management

Avaliado em 27/05/2018

Makes hosting life easier

Vantagens

Automatic setup, built in ticketing system, recurring billing , this is the software that every web hosting company needs to have to succeed, it automates everything even domain registration.

Desvantagens

MIgrating to another server can be a challenge, especially if the server has different hosting specifications like moving from Apache to Nginx .

Hi Emmanuel,
We're happy to hear that WHMCS provides everything your web hosting company needs to succeed. Thanks for your recommendation!

Karin L.

Good tool

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 10/07/2018

Vantagens

Good tool to manage your domain name, hosting, subdomain etc.
The ability to use the webmail and create new emails. Good on mob and the mob app looks exactly like the description version.

Desvantagens

Not much but sometimes it runs really slow. Sometimes the session ends quickly. Also most of the error messages I get are really unclear.

Hi Karin,
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased to hear WHMCS has been automate your hosting business' operations on desktop and mobile!

WHMCS connects to a number of eternal providers and systems, so the error messages usually come from those directly. Please take a look at our guide to help demystify these: https://docs.whmcs.com/Troubleshooting_Guide

Franklin W.
Traduzir com Google

It is one of the best hosting tools I have used

Avaliado em 12/06/2018

Excellent!

Vantagens

It is one of the most stable and efficient hosting control panels that exist, it is the most used by hosting providers, which means that it is a very good commercial panel to sell hosting.

Desvantagens

It will not work on servers with very few resources, it needs a lot of resources to run the panel interface compared to other control panels.

Hi Franklin

Nancy E.

WHMCS Review

Avaliado em 28/12/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It's very useful to have records of every transaction as clients sometimes come back and want to know how much they spent in a prior year. Generating invoices on it's own is a huge time saver for me. You can also convert a quote, once approved, into an invoice to save time. It's also nice to be able to save a draft before you publish and send in case you've made an error on the invoice.

Vantagens

It's easy to generate invoices and accept payments. The system tracks all client's support tickets, invoices, and which products they've purchased. It automatically generates notices of invoices coming due or services about to expire. It automatically generates invoices for products on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis.

Desvantagens

The "Time & Task Manager" feature never works the way it's supposed to. I have to manually deduct hours spent on support tickets and add hours when a client pays for their support agreement. Also, when setting up a client, or generating an invoice, you have to save twice. When adding a contact, you also have to save the information once, then click 'activate' and save again.

Hi Nancy,
It's great to hear WHMCS has been saving huge amounts of your time with invoicing and record keeping.

Needing to save things twice doesn't sound right to me though. Please do let me know the details and I'll be happy to investigate.

5.0/10
Cammy A.

WHMCS - The best in the web hosting business

Avaliado em 06/12/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We currently have a valid license of WHMCS.

The all in one solution for a web hosting business, very easy to use after a few plays with the configuration. It's the best yet WHMCS has terrible support.

Hi Cammy,
Thanks for your review, I'm pleased to hear that our software is meeting your business automation needs.

We've made a number of improvements to the product, website and our operations which has reduced our average response time for standard support requests.
I hope you've had the opportunity to experience this. Unfortunately I was unable to locate your account to check.