Avaliações do Realtrac

Jay A.

Good at Big Picture, Some Shortcomings and Missing Features

Avaliado em 01/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall it does what we need it to do by tracking jobs through the shop, but the costing being "broken" for our use makes it a purchase I may not make again if I had to do over.

Vantagens

It's user friendly for ShopFloor logging in and out of jobs and recording time. Timeclock is easy for HR, and tracking down where a job is in the manufacturing process from a remote location is easy as well.

Desvantagens

My primary beef with RealTrac is that there is no feature (or wasn't a few versions ago) that allows me to SPLIT AN OPERATOR'S TIME when they are logged into two jobs. If an operator is running two machines, or three, or four, all at once there should be an option (if not a REQUIREMENT) that their loaded labor cost and hours are divided amongst the machines they're concurrently logged into. In my company, one operator ALWAYS runs more than one machine in a bank, so not having their time split makes all my costing metrics utterly useless until I manually go into the work sessions to interrogate the data. This is nearly a deal-breaker making me consider another software. (Customer Service / Tech Support informed me this was intentional so that when looking at historical jobs you never under-bid a job). If this is incorrect, someone please call me ASAP!

The "Quality" feature is a horribly conceived module, slapped together as an afterthought, and the default reporting within there is awful, has poor formatting, and doesn't integrate well at all with the rest of the system. There hasn't been an update on this module in forever, but new PAID features (RightBoard) are being added and updated all the time.

6.0/10
Kylan H.

Great System, Everything We Needed Without the Crazy Complexity

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 16/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are very pleased. They've got a great system and fantastic to work with.

Vantagens

1. Easily track the amount of time spent and cost of individual jobs. People out on the shop floor don't mind clocking in and out of operations because it's so quick and easy.
2. It is everything we needed without the unnecessary complexity. Finding that balance between functionality and complexity is hard and RealTrac nailed it.
3. Developers are very responsive to feature requests or the rare glitch. Great people to work with. They're very active in bringing useful updates.
4. It's a network license, you can put RealTrac on as many computers as you want. Plus logging in past your number of licenses still gives you up to 10 minutes, thus nobody gets automatically booted. Some network licenses (from other companies) won't even let you log on which means you have to go find who left the program up on a random computer. RealTrac's gives you grace, which is great.
5. Training is not pay by the hour, it's basically unlimited, plus we are easily able to do remotely; both of which saves thousands of dollars.

Desvantagens

1. Lacks a central analytics center for mining all the data we create (different sections of the ERP can create reports). However, as I write this I know they are releasing a new reporting platform to hopefully address this.

Daniel W.

First ERP experience

Avaliado em 27/11/2018

Vantagens

The software seems very comprehensive and is always improving. RealTrac queries customers and listens to suggestions and incorporates them as demand warrants. It is a statement to their dedication to customer satisfaction. The parts of the software I have used is very well done.

Desvantagens

It seems they "manually" configure the window instead of letting Windows do it. As a result, the minimize/maximize/close buttons have duplicates in the middle of the window and when I maximize the window, I loose a little, because it doesn't recognize the I have my task bar on the right.

Also, the report generator could be a little more user friendly. I am pretty computer literate/power user and I have not really been able to figure it out, or get deep enough to find out that its' easy, which is a testament to the difficulty .

Resposta do Mindbridge Systems

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for your review. We strive to provide excellent customer service and we rely on our customer¿s ideas and suggestions to drive our developments. We are happy that you have experienced our customer-centered approach. In regards to your reference to the configuration of windows, our technical team will be reaching out to you shortly as this has changed in a more recent release.

Jeremy Klosowski

Shane M.
Traduzir com Google

Realtrac ERP being used in a CNC machine job shop environment.

Avaliado em 27/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Realtrac has been a great resource for quickly estimating upcoming projects and large scale bids on a variety of machines, work types and work stations. We offer many post-production processes at our facility that include a combination of some or all of the following: cleaning equipment, manual equipment, manual labor, ongoing consumable items and a variety of packaging materials and clean room supplies. The ability to affix real known costs to all of these things for any specific job has helped ensure that we are quoting our cost very accurately and not unexpectedly raisin our customer's pricing on subsequent orders.

Vantagens

Work step customization. Attaching files to jobs or part numbers.

Desvantagens

1) Time card time display is inaccurate and not fixable, therefore not being utilized. 2) For estimating Bill or BOM items, there is no way to uniquely identify per unit cost based on associated quantity discounts from suppliers. 3) Overall look and feel of the software and reporting sheets feel antiquated, like it was developed in the late 90's.

5.0/10
Shane M.
Traduzir com Google

Realtrac use in a machine shop and fabrication environment.

Avaliado em 06/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The main benefit that we have seen from this software is the ability to understand and verify our profit margins on each job, while also holding our shop employees to performance standards throughout each work day.

Vantagens

Looking up old and current estimates and jobs is very easy. There are numerous search fields that allow you to search by description, part #, drawing #, customer name and customer PO #. You can also look up jobs and estimates within a given date range. I also like the different reporting functions, including labor cost breakdowns per job, as well as being able to lookup and report on individual employee performance within any given date/time range.

Desvantagens

The GUI is somewhat dated aesthetically. Making changes to templates could be made easier to do. When populating and defining router steps on an estimate, the order of operations sometimes get switched around unintentionally, and have to be fixed.

Kevin C.

Frustraded

Avaliado em 15/08/2019

Vantagens

have had program at least 5 years , support is decent. I am not a computer guy, and I find it easy to navigate

Desvantagens

I have called in the past to complain, and I did get up the pole pretty far ,but they say they can't do anything. The program shuts itself down at the end of the day and starts up in the morning - beautiful . However it starts every Saturday and Sunday as well.adding to peoples hours who are not working, which in turn make trying to find the cost of manufacturing useless. the only thing the program is good for is to know where items are in the production process. The reason I originally purchase the program was to try and get the true cost to manufacture the parts - it can not be done on this program. - Also on the main list screen you should be able to see what employees are working on each project, without leaving the screen

6.0/10
Sam P.
Traduzir com Google

REALTRAC for small lot production in a small shop

Avaliado em 27/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have used REALTRAC for several years managing production and inventory of repeat items in our business. The software performs well and for the price, the functionality, support, and responsiveness of the REALTRAC team is unbeatable. There is something of a learning curve to the software, but with disciplined use, we have found it to be very flexible and effective at capturing at and managing the data we need without imposing an unnecessary waste of effort or time.

Vantagens

Low cost, high functionality, responsive customer support!

Desvantagens

It's a little bit of a hassle to setup and changes/updates to certain data have to be made in several locations. Inventory management could also be a little more intuitive and user friendly.

Dave P.

review of Realtrac

Avaliado em 14/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Realtrac helped get our shop scheduling more accurate and organized. We can have work line up in our machines even if the job has other operations to be performed prior. With the color coding we know what is available for machining and what is not. Pictures of the parts help quickly find them at a glance.

Vantagens

I like the combination with Right Board. Visual aide is nice.

Desvantagens

I would like to have more flexibility with the time estimates. More concerned that an operator makes overall time on his operation.(Run plus set up) If they go over on their set up time the screen goes red and I believe it stays red for the rest of the job. If I'm wrong on this please let me know.

Traduzir com Google

Finally a shop management program that works for a Job Shop

Avaliado em 16/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Realtrac has really helped organize our shop without creating extra work for our employees.

Vantagens

It is extrememly customizeable - You determine how much of each portion of the program really applies to your situation.

Desvantagens

Would really like to see a way to archive old Jobs. Our daily backup is over 50Gb

Resposta do Mindbridge Systems

Hello,

Thank you for posting your review. We have noticed that you posted as private, but i would like to reach out to you to show you how to archive the old jobs that you speak of as a con. This is a very easy process. Please contact me at 734-793-3816 when you have a moment.

Jeremy Klosowski

Kelsey H.

Realtrac Review

Avaliado em 20/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, it provides us with information that we need to run our company successfully.

Vantagens

I like that this software has easy search functions, is user friendly, stores a variety of information, and has multiple report functions.

Desvantagens

The reports are horrible. Any report you run in excel has these merge functions which doesn't allow you to transfer information to another excel sheet. I always have to copy and paste one line at a time. I have requested for Realtrac to improve these report but I have not seen anything updated.

Mike P.

Money well spent

Avaliado em 23/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

RealTrac fit our company at the perfect time! We were a smaller company that never had a job shop ERP system and RealTrac made this very easy to implement and allow us to grow. It is the perfect software to get started and grow your company!

Vantagens

Ease of use is the biggest item but there are many more. I hardly picked up the manual to learn this software!

Desvantagens

I wish it was date sensitive for Inventory Reporting and other "what if" scenarios. But this isn't critical.

Bill H.

realtrac ERP

Avaliado em 02/08/2019

Vantagens

We have used this software since 2005. The new owners and all the improvements of the software have made it one of the best investments we have made. It has enabled us to more easily attain our ISO certifications, and improve our performance for our customers.

Desvantagens

We would like a better reports software. One that can access more fields across the different modules. And possibly output different data formats.

Mary L.

RealTrac is on the Real Track

Avaliado em 03/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

In general a good product.

Vantagens

Mostly the software is easy to use and gives us all the job costing and production information we need. Its ability to export to QuickBooks is great.

Desvantagens

Designing reports can be cumbersome, especially since this is not an everyday task for us.

Steven Y.
Traduzir com Google

Northern Precision - Realtrac for Twenty Years!

Avaliado em 23/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have been using Realtrac for approximately 20 years and it has continuously improved in its applications, efficiency and overall quality. Realtrac is a large factor in our success over the years and has helped make us the company we are today! Look forward to Realtrac for years to come.

Vantagens

The range of uses, reports and also the fact that it is tracked in "real" time and is current every five seconds.

Desvantagens

The ability to design and generate custom reports. Some data is not available in all reports.

Art W.

Realtrac Review

Avaliado em 06/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Great for the price but feels a little "not ready for prime time" due to some inconsistencies between screens and modules. For example, some time is reported in minutes and seconds and on another screen or report the time is in tenths of a minute.

Vantagens

Price. Support. Catching data in real time so errors can be corrected while the operator still remembers the job.

Desvantagens

Inflexibility for some items. Reporting for example.

Easy Use Some features no one else has

Avaliado em 20/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Excellent quoting and shop floor management. All part documents in one place.

Vantagens

Ease of Use, Document control. You are able to make prints and any other documents available like packaging instructions to the shop floow without confusion

Desvantagens

Reporting needs to continue to improve. Some reports are clunky. Not easy to customize

Jacob L.

JD Ellen Mfg Feedback

Avaliado em 01/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have grown with Realtrac over the last 8 years. We have appreciated the improvements made. We would enjoy it if we could have it programmed to fit our product flow.

Vantagens

Organized filtering for job tracking. Purchasing and RFQs. Estimates are nice.

Desvantagens

Scheduling can be a challenge for us. I believe that has to do with how training is provided.

Al M.

President

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It keeps track where my jobs are and I haven't used it yet in it fullest capacity.

Vantagens

Its a very powerful program. Realtrac also listens to their users and will update their software all the time for the better

Desvantagens

That you need to purchase extra licenses for additional users.

Carlos C.
Traduzir com Google

A lot better then using post-it's

Avaliado em 11/05/2017

Vantagens

it's easy environmental setup for Users to follow day to day operations and track cost for the product

Desvantagens

starting to become over complex's , New and old customer have idea's for improvement of the software base on how there operations or business are control

I Highly Recommend Realtrac

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Vantagens

- Able to take care of all aspects of the business in one place. Scheduling, ordering, and especially job tracking.
- Has good flow from one area to another
- Nice user interface
- Rightboard is great to be able to show what we have and schedule
- Great customer support

Desvantagens

Bouncing between tabs can be cumbersome
Would like to be able to delete quotes
Forms can be difficult to customize

Marie kris S.

Ease to manage

Avaliado em 09/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Vantagens

My work made easier when started to use this tool. I can easily track and manage the inventories. Great features and functions.

Desvantagens

I highly recommend to upgrade the interface but it can still good. Expensive but worth it in tracking.

Mandy M.

Good once you learn it

Avaliado em 27/11/2018

Vantagens

Has multiple functions if used correctly
Are able to link information well

Desvantagens

Has glitches/issues more frequently than preferred
Takes quite a while to learn and understand all of the modules and how they connect

Raymond L.

A good value.

Vantagens

Quick to get up and running.
Very good customer support.
Exports to Quickbooks.
Shop Floor is easy to use.

Desvantagens

Reports are not flexible enough. Not all fields are available on all reports. No user fields.

Misti R.

RealTrac = Awesome

Avaliado em 03/10/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Vantagens

User Friendly, Exports to QuickBooks, Exports to Excel, Can Upload your Logo, Customer Service!!!!!!

Desvantagens

The software updates can be confusing at first sometimes, but customer service is good with helping.

Mike J.

Extremely cost effective

Avaliado em 27/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have been a long time user and it extremely satisfying to make a suggestion and then see it incorporated in the next upgrade.

the ease of use

Desvantagens

the financial reports do not function well