Avaliações do Toast POS

Toast POS

Cloud-based Point of Sale solution for restaurants

4.3/5 (213 avaliações)
Traduzir com Google

Toast--Support when you need it.

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 16/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are still early in the implementation of using Toast, but thus far I have been very impressed with their customer service and professional manner in which they have trained and supported our company.

Vantagens

I love that Toast supports their product. You can call and get someone on the line that will help you answer your questions. They also provide the hardware necessary to run their software. They are constantly updating their software to meet the needs of their users and are staying current with the technology. One option that is particularly useful to us is printing individual labels for each shake. In other words, we could have a bus of individuals come to our restaurant, and we need to print individual labels on each shake to identify what is in the shake so that it gets to the right person. In the past, we had to individually write on each cup.

Desvantagens

The most difficult part to swallow is the fact that you have a monthly payment for the software--even if you are a seasonal business and only open for less than half the year. Toast will make some concessions for that, but it still seems costly since our other solution we used was free and pretty much did everything we needed short of printing individual labels for the shakes.

Michelle T.

Why I chose Toast

Avaliado em 30/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

With now being in business a full year now, I have and I still am learning pro and cons of doing business. I have worked in restaurants but I have never been on the manager/owner side and it's not as easy as you think it is. When running your own business for the most part you are on your own! I sat down with a computer tech to figure out the best POS system for my business. There are SO many out there and being unfamiliar with them a lot of research was done! I attended the Gordon Food Show a month before we opened and I got to see first hand how Toast worked. I was very impressed with the system and how easy it looked to operate (remember I've never been on this side of the business) and we had decided to work 100% with Gordon Food Service because of their support and looking at our best interest for starting our business. Now a year later, I could't imagine being with another POS system so no regrets here on choosing Toast for our POS!

Vantagens

Customer Support! - I rate them 100 on this!! Any questions I have big or small, they are just a phone call away! If my call isn't answered right away or I get busy, they have the feature to leave your number and they will call you back ASAP.
Customer Service - Being a tech and answering some of the crazy questions (I'm one who probably has the most) they are always patient, friendly and very professional when answering questions.

Desvantagens

Credit Card Processing Fees - With other Processing companies out there some are cheaper but overall with Toast, they win. It's the hidden fees you have to watch. Toast fees appear to be higher but what you see is what you get where with the other guys you have to read the fine print.

Theo K.
Traduzir com Google

Toast is really a great system easy & saves time. Problems false promises from sales rep & cc fees

Avaliado em 26/03/2018

Vantagens

That is super user friendly. Fast and overall a great system. Seriously aside from what I write in the CON section. Toast REALLY is the best software POS system I have worked with. Hands down.

Desvantagens

The credit card processing fees they initially promise you they can match your current rates which they DO NOT its a LIE. Then customer service never gets back to you or passes you on to someone else then someone else and someone else. Never follow through with their promises and never can get ahold of your sales rep and he doesn't reply or follow through when you finally do get him on phone. Beware they will not match your credit card rate like they promise you. They will overcharge you if you don't watch exactly what they are taking out of you bank account. You will get charged for modules they say they will " give you for x amount of months free" and then continue getting charged and have to wait months and months and make a million phone calls to try and get your money back for 'free trials they charged you for and your money back for when you told them you didn't want them at all after "free trail" and they continue charging you. Biggest advice is get your credit card rates in clear upfront writing and sit down and figure it out. Make sure they are not screwing you. Because its not only happened to us but several other businesses.

Resposta do Toast Tab

Hi Theo - It's great to hear that Toast has saved you time and made the business more efficient. We strive to make merchant processing as transparent and straightforward as possible. It's great advice to discuss rates upfront and get the clear rate breakdown. Please work with our Support team to address your concerns. We want to find a solution that works for you.

Lindsay M.
Traduzir com Google

Not the best, not the worst

Avaliado em 06/12/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall my experience is indifferent. While I am occasionally irritated with this system other days it functions fine but overall it is still mediocre. I would recommend it to someone with a strong encouragement of researching the program to see if it is the best system for your business.

Vantagens

Toast POS system has a VERY short list of pros from my time using it in my restaurant. One of the only pros is the easy-to-read menu set up. While There are not many features or anything about the system that I found unique or helpful, there are not to many bad elements that stand out either. It is a simple and mediocre system.

Desvantagens

The biggest con of this program to me is the ridiculous amount of time it takes the systems to download and log on, not just first thing in the morning but periodically throughout the day. There are also issues with set times and online orders being updated because all systems must sync variously throughout the day as well. The system is not user friendly or easy to use right away and takes more time getting use to than past systems I have used.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Lindsay- thank you for your feedback. We may be able to help troubleshoot the loading issue you are having. Please work with Toast Support by calling (617) 682-0225, or log on to Toast Central to chat with them live.

5.0/10

One of the most intuitive POS systems I have encountered

Avaliado em 14/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

When I began using Toast there was fear of a learning curve however I immediately adapted to it as it seemingly was designed by the professionals in the industry who use it. Everything is where it needs to be and it is incredibly easy to train new employees on the system even without previous experience working with a POS system.

Very intuitive user interface
Incredibly easy to pick up and go with previous POS system knowledge
Very responsive clicks
Great organization tools for menu options
Split check function is much easier to use than other systems
Credit card transaction time is very fast

Desvantagens

Training entire staff over to a new POS
Other than the cost of training and time for adaptation there is no reason this POS should not be ranked alongside the industry standards like Aloha and Micros

Resposta do Toast

Hi there, Jasmine from Toast here. It¿s great to hear that Toast is helping your restaurant become more efficient and that it is easy to use and integrate into your restaurant. We are glad some of our features, like the split check function and quick credit card transaction, are helping your operations. We're excited to continue to help you to thrive!

Heather M.
Traduzir com Google

Toast is a modern and still growing POS and restaurant management product

Avaliado em 28/03/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Toast has helped us organize and stay nimble through aggressive company growth. Looking forward to the next period with Toast where we adopt their HR, payroll, and scheduling features.

Vantagens

Toast allows users to log on to its website to edit menu items, run reports, track punch-in's. In the past, POS systems were loaded into desktops in the back office. It's so refreshing to update, edit, and from anywhere because it's based off a website.

The devices that Toast has selected for installation in the restaurants are modern, slim, and highly functional.

Desvantagens

Toast can slow down, which isn't good news when the restaurant is busy.

The sales tracking is still not as robust as I would hope from a product that does so much else so well. For instance, it can be hard to get results on the sales of a menu item for an entire year.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Heather, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm thrilled to hear you are seeing the benefits of a cloud-based software and enjoy our hardware. We also look forward to continuing to work with you and helping your restaurant thrive!

Ann S.
Traduzir com Google

Toast POS has everything you could want in a POS system!

Avaliado em 29/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Toast is easy to use which makes training new employees a breeze. We rarely experience issues with Toast, but if we do, customer service is very attentive and solves the problem quickly. I don't have any bad things to say about the POS system or the Toast team!

Vantagens

The inventory feature on Toast has revolutionized the way we track our products. Being able to enter recipes, add invoices, track waste, etc. - and do it all in one place - is awesome. And the fact that it is all so easy and user friendly is just a bonus!

Desvantagens

We receive a sales report from Toast each morning, which is great. It would be nice if in this email there were a few specific reports that were pushed to you, as opposed to having to click "full report" and pick and choose what you'd like to view on the website. For example: weekly sales summary, hourly sales, payroll detail, etc.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Ann, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm thrilled to hear about how Toast Inventory has made an impact on your operations! We appreciate your feedback on the daily sales report, thanks for the review.

Alexander J.

Toast POS: The Modern Day POS System You Should Be Using

Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 11/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall Toast is the future of the POS game. As evidenced by its recent fundraises, Toast is anticipated to take over the market. It may take a bit of time for larger, older organizations to adopt the technology given the amount of time they have input into older systems, but it's only a matter of time before the switches happen.

Vantagens

Toast is a phenomenal POS system that blows the legacy players such as Aloha and Micros out of the water. Toast is very easy to set up, manipulate on the fly, and track relevant data. The handheld devices allow for a more streamlined ordering system, shaving precious seconds off the time to perform a transaction--something that is essential in a restaurant environment in which throughput is core to success. Toast is much more intuitive than other POS tools and the day to day users have found it to be excellent.

Desvantagens

Toast does not allow for the same level of customization that legacy players do, so you can't change every aspect like you can on those tools. Further, the handheld devices rely on excellent Wifi connection, so you may struggle if there is a lag or an outage on the internet. Further, some changes take a little longer than you would hope to update on the handheld devices.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Alexander, Jasmine from Toast here. Thanks for the review! I'm happy to hear you have found the ToastGo to to increase efficiency of your servers - we know how important that is in the fast-paced restaurant industry.

Kelly V.

Toast Review

Avaliado em 30/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The back end entry saves HOURS out of my week, and my employees are much, much happier with the ease of functions they use everyday (splitting checks, transferring tabs). I also enjoy the community and keeping in touch with Toast. It's not like one of those systems where a salesman comes into your restaurant, sells it to you, and never answers your call. Toast is constantly finding new ways to be a partner to us.

Vantagens

I most liked upgrades. With our previous systems, you bought them and that was it. We suffered for years without functions we wished we had. With Toast, if they don't already have it, you can bet it will be in a future upgrade.

Desvantagens

It's what I like least but I appreciate: It's a LOT to learn, and it's constantly evolving. You really have to stay on top of it to get the most out of the system, but paying attention and a little research goes a long way.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Kelly - We LOVE to hear that Toast is saving you hours every week. We are committed to being a partner in your business. We hope you'll utilize the monthly video newsletter and training materials to help stay up-to-date.

Samec S.
Traduzir com Google

Quick software with minor setbacks

Avaliado em 03/06/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall I have had a fairly positive experience using this system. While navigating it may be a bit tricky at times I have been more efficient using this software than other POS systems out there.

Vantagens

Perhaps my favorite thing about this software is the clean interface that is presented by the platform. It is not messy and makes creating orders fast. The user can easily see that there is a clear path and structure that the user must take in order to fulfill any orders- therefore making the process efficient.

Desvantagens

This system can get complex at times specially at times when time is limited. The amount choices that is presented by this software can make navigating for the user a bit difficult as it can get seemingly overwhelming. However, this is only at first when the user first begins operating this system.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Samec, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm thrilled to hear you find the user experience of Toast to be intuitive and our POS has made your restaurant operations more efficient.

6.0/10
Traduzir com Google

After using so many POS systems this is my absolute favorite

Avaliado em 16/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We use Toast as our jazz club and every single employee absolutely adores the system if they have any experience with another point of sale systems. It is much more professional than a system such as square in my opinions and seems like a wonderful middle-ground between an industry standard like Aloha and a more intuitive and user-oriented solution like clover.

User Interface is absolutely gorgeous
So much more intuitive than other systems (seems like it was designed by me)
Very fast transaction and screen speed
easy to add things to menu/change prices
Works very well so any sized restaurant
makes splitting checks way easier that most POS systems

Desvantagens

Receipt printer that we got from Toast could have been a little nicer. Was very light and moves around a lot.

Resposta do Toast

Hi there, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm thrilled to hear you are in love with our UI - I love how you said "it seems like it was designed by me". That is exactly the user experience we hope for everyone to have. We appreciate the feedback on the hardware!

Tyler B.

Toast Review

Avaliado em 02/11/2018

Vantagens

Far and away the easiest POS software to use. If you are looking for software that anyone from the most tech savy down to the least savy, this is the platform I would recommend. The reporting features are easy to use and understand.

Desvantagens

They lack in their customer support. They have been getting better, but as an early adopter, I saw where they grew too fast and forgot to help support their earliest customers with their issues.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Tyler - We're thrilled that you're finding Toast easy to use! Our technology is designed to support your business, not get in your way. Staff training is hard enough without the POS being difficult to use. Customer service is a top priority for us in 2019 and beyond. We'll continue to focus on that to ensure you and your team get best-in-class service whenever you call or log on.

7.0/10
Gregg C.
Traduzir com Google

After using and testing many - There's only one for us - TOAST!

Avaliado em 21/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are able to see real time inventory levels and sales of our baked goods and write precise production schedules for our kitchen. We also have the inventory module and love the costing and menu mapping.

Vantagens

Ease of use when training incoming staff. The software is very intuitive and easy to teach/learn.

Desvantagens

The "cupcake" problem...not having the ability to create drop down menus to select a specific number of flavors/cupcakes to put in a box - and - have those choices deducted from the running inventory in real time. However, the Toast Tech's found us a workaround, it is however, slightly cumbersome.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Gregg, Jasmine from Toast here. It's great to see you are taking full advantage of our robust POS system. We appreciate the feedback on the drop down menus, but I'm glad you were able to find a solution!

Joe G.

Highly Recommend!

Avaliado em 24/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We've had Toast for over a year and could not be happier. We never planned on switching from our old POS but after seeing a presentation of Toast we were blown away by the possibilities. Toast has increased our efficiency immensely which shows in our sales. We recently had over 10,000 people for our annual St. Patrick's Day Street Event. We've always been please at how easily it handles our volume, but wow, it ran smoothly and effortlessly all day long! We had 17 handhelds running and 5 terminals! We cannot say enough good things about Toast! We learn new things every day that increase our productivity!

Hi Joe!
Thank you so much for your glowing review! We're so happy that you're a part of our Toast family, and it has been SUCH a great pleasure working with you and your team.
We're also ecstatic to hear that your Toast experience was relatively flawless, especially on a high volume holiday! Thanks again for being an important member of our family, and we look forward to our continued partnership for many more years to come! Hope we get to see you guys in Florida soon!
Best Regards,
Cassy & the Toast team

Jeff J.

Toast and the Cloud Makes Sense

Avaliado em 26/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

For over a year our organization searched for the right POS solution for us that would solve issues that our current provider could not. We had 65 locations in our brand and it seemed like they were 65 islands when it came to our POS system. There were many versions of our data base, and we were hampered by issues such as the end of life for our operating system.

Toast was one of many POS providers we evaluated, including all of the top names in the industry. Some of the most important considerations that influenced our decision included the system being cloud-based, easy to use, and easy to integrate with other technology. We installed the Toast POS solution for the first time in July of 2015, and have been converting locations since then. We currently have over 60 locations using Toast, and anticipate the rest of the locations to convert this year.

Vantagens

Easy to use, reliable, good value.

Desvantagens

There are still a few features that have not matured yet. A more robust ideal food cost tool that could integrate with more food vendors would be very valuable.

Chris B.

Overall great

Avaliado em 15/03/2019

Vantagens

We have used several POS systems in my restaurant. After trying Toast, I was convinced it was the best. We have had multiple issues with credit card readers not working with promises of new ones (which we have never received) so that’s my only complaint. The ease of use is great and when the cc works, there isn’t a better system.

Desvantagens

Credit card readers don’t connect properly and sometimes they don’t work at all. Punching in numbers costs my restaurant a lot of time and money with higher fees.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Chris, Jasmine from Toast here. Thanks for the review! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you have been having with the credit card readers. Your Restaurant Success Manager will be in touch with you soon.

Matt S.
Traduzir com Google

Awesome product, completely cost effective and easy to work with.

Avaliado em 16/09/2015

Vantagens

I have found their system to be very easy to work with and definitely cost effective. The thing I hated about the other POS systems that are IPad based is that a new Ipad is so ridiculously expensive to replace. And I don't know about y'all, but when you hadn employees tech, you better be prepared to replace it. I have added tablets in literally less than 20 minutes on a Friday night because I decided that day I wanted a phone station. It was easy to do, and I took care of it without support. But when I have had issues on Friday night, like when Time Warner decided to go down for a couple hours just cause, Toast was right there on the phone and able to walk my staff through the offline experience.

The data is easy to get on the back end, and in real time. I love being able to log in and see what is going on at any given time. Or edit the menu because I forgot something from my recliner at home, if I am actually able to that day. Y'all know how that is, or will.

Desvantagens

Their software is a constant work in progress, which is a good thing. They have added a ton of features since June 2014 when I started with them. There isn't anything I don't like about the system. My only complaint is they don't yet have a fully integrated scheduling system. That is coming though, and there are solutions that sync with Toast, but I just haven't gotten away from our spreadsheet system yet. Old habits die hard.

Tony K.
Traduzir com Google

Our company's experience with Toast has been pretty terrible.

Avaliado em 08/07/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The benefits we have gotten are overshadowed by the drawbacks.

Vantagens

The front end functionality is pretty good, though not as good as it was sold. Aloha was better. There are features such as drag and drop table transfers that are pretty neat. Splitting checks is very easy.

Desvantagens

I researched Toast very thoroughly and went through many hours of Q&A with the sales team. I feel duped.

I should have dug deeper and gotten more personal feedback from current users.

The platform has certain features that are very good, but not enough to outweigh all of the bad.

Hands down the worst part of it are their service and support after the sale. If I ever get through to support, they typically have to call me back with a solution...which never happens. My account "manager" responds to every communication with regurgitated boilerplate BS and has yet to solve any of my issues.

We have frequent issues with our card readers, and our warranty period is up in November. They won't replace the crap readers with the newer upgrades.

You don't get nearly the functionality and ease of use on the back end that you pay for. The reporting features are weak at best.

The inventory module is terrible. They claim you can use the tablets to do inventory...which is true, but it takes 4x longer to do it that way because you can't select the fields to enter the numbers and then when you do, often times the quantities change. My account "manager" replied to my complaints about this with "Our inventory module may not be as robust as you need, maybe you could add on one of our partner software companies."

Short story: Run from Toast and never look back. I regret the move every single day.

Resposta do Toast Tab

Tony - We're sorry to hear that Toast has not lived up to your expectations. Hardware reliability and support responsiveness are top priorities for us. We recently covered our plan for staffing and additional resources in the Live Q&A with Toast Leadership (watch it here: https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Webinars-Toast-Leadership). Please note that this video requires a Toast login.

We're committed to making your experience with Toast a positive one. Your Restaurant Success Manager is not a technical expert, but is there to advocate on your behalf. She will work with you to ensure you get what you need out of our product.

0.0/10
Brayan agostinho D.
Traduzir com Google

Excellent application to manage restaurants in a fully automated way

Avaliado em 25/05/2018

Vantagens

As a software developer I have had the opportunity to see this mobile application and I think it's really great everything he does.
is an excellent tool for restaurants where it offers a good system of administration of restaurants based on the cloud and where it calls more attention is its integration of points of sale to this software built in android operating system.
the application has a comfortable and easy to use interface and where there is enough documentation.
Its products include: receipt printer, cash box, kitchen display screen and card slip.

Desvantagens

I really do not have a negative comment about this application, the only thing I can mention is that for a small company it could be a bit expensive to acquire this system.
I believe that this application can continue to grow and continue to improve its application more and more both in the backend and in the frontend to make it more attractive.

Toast POS review

Avaliado em 04/12/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Great young team of professionals

Vantagens

Love that it is built on the android platform and technically you can use your android phone to run the system.

Desvantagens

Since it is cloud based, if your Internet goes down your POS will still run but in "offline mode"

Resposta do Toast

It is great that you are taking advantage of the Android platform!

We like to think of our Offline Mode capabilities as a pro. As you know, your internet connection may go out from time to time, but it does not hinder the ordering process thanks to the local area network connection provided by the router. Offline Mode allows you to continue to place orders, print tickets, and receipts, and take credit card payments until the connection is reestablished and you are back online.

7.0/10
Jonathan S.

Toast POS!!

Avaliado em 20/08/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Toast has been a great overall experience thus far for my 5 restaurants. The functionality is amazing as well as the back end . All of employees hands down prefer this software over what we use to have. Offline Mode is amazing!! No more phone calls because the internet went down

Vantagens

Your able to do anything you really want. With 5 stores I love the fact that when I make a change on one restaurant it make the exact same change on the other 4. Offline Mode is huge considering what we had before. 24/7 Technical Support is nice although at times they just tell you they do not know the answer and will call you back but 9/10 they never do call back.

Desvantagens

Technical Support is so-so. Like I said, sometimes they don;t know the answer to a question and will tell you theyll call back but do not. Some features I like are not available yet but they are constantly doing updates so Im sure thatll change.

Erik M.

Toast rocks for us!

Avaliado em 06/02/2015

Vantagens

Service, support, simplicity, reporting, integrated payment processing, online ordering, and overall functionality. When we launched our business, we had purchased a competitor of Toast's product that ran on iOS platform. Based on our needs and our gourmet mobile food business model, it seemed to be a great fit. But when we attempted to implement the other software, we ran into a variety of problems from the outset, and after 2 weeks of struggling to get the other system up and going, we realized we needed to find a different solution. Toast literally saved us! Their tech engineers were on site the day after we connected with them, and they set up up for success instantly! My favorite thing to say about Toast is that it just works! But it is also much more than that. It is a very robust and integrated tool that is available at pricing that is almost embarrassingly fair. A true "Champagne Product for those on a Beer Budget," to quote my uncle.

Desvantagens

Inability so far to offer custom app(s) to help manage and monitor the business from remote locations. This is kind of nitpicky because the ability is there; it just requires signing into site. But I would like to have a self-controlled mobile app that I can use to monitor very specific data points on a real-time basis.

Brian A.

Greatest POS Move

Avaliado em 17/03/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

From start to years later every process has been easy and customer service is always there to quickly answer your calls.

Vantagens

the ease of use our staff quickly gets the hang of how o use the system so training is quick.

Desvantagens

we had a few things that we did not like when we first started but through the years they have started implementing updates so they have heard all our concerns and features we all need to operate.

Resposta do Toast

Hi Brian, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm glad your staff found our POS easy to use and find that our product updates are meeting your restaurant's needs. Make sure you keep an eye out for our monthly newsletter to stay up to date on new product features!

Alexandra C.
Traduzir com Google

Modern POS system with functional features

Avaliado em 21/03/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Peace of mind, modern and easy to use especially with staff who is accustomed to cloud based software.

Vantagens

I enjoy the easy access without fussiness, it allows for customizable features that work for our restaurant, it makes updating menu items/labor simple instead of a headache that it was on other POS systems. I think the ease of functionality lies in their cloud based system that allows you to run credit cards even when offline.

Desvantagens

There are some sluggish features within the software, however Toast happily accepts feature requests and has fulfilled a few of mine!

Resposta do Toast Tab

So glad to hear that Toast has worked so well for State Park, Alexandra. As you know, we're constantly working to improve performance and optimize the system for restaurants like yours. Thanks for all your great feedback!

Sarah A.
Traduzir com Google

Toast fits like a expertly tailored suit!

Avaliado em 03/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Toast can be whatever you want out of a POS system- you can customize all settings to fit your needs or if you want something you don't have to be too involved in and you want to keep it simple, Toast can do that too. They are always introducing new features and ways to make your life easier- and if you think of something they haven't added yet, you can request it and it will be added if other users and restaurants like the idea too. Hardware and software are integrated well and easy to use, and if there's ever a problem then 24/7 support (not robots, real Toast employees!) is only a phone call or email away.

Vantagens

user- friendly, simple, customizable, intuitive, fast.

Desvantagens

Android's operating system took some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it then it's a cakewalk.