180 avaliações

ManageEngine Desktop Central

Software de gerenciamento de desktop, dispositivo móvel e patch

4,5 /5 (180 avaliações) Escreva uma avaliação!

Classificação geral

4,5 /5
  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Recursos
92%
dos usuários recomendam este app
180 avaliações
Sandro roberto L.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Organização cívica e social
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Gerenciamento remoto eficaz e confiável é a marca do Manage Engine Desktop Central

Avaliado em 22/03/2021

Vantagens

Facilidade de conexão com o PC ou o dispositivo móvel remotamente. Fácil acesso à maquina do usuário com toda segurança, como se estivesse lá fisicamente, intuitivo, prático, ágil e muito estável sem perder o trabalho que está sendo realizado. Fácil transferência de arquivos, possibilidades de várias configurações para facilitar o trabalho remoto

Desvantagens

No momento não há nada que eu não goste na utilização da ferramenta. Tem deixado o trabalho mais fácil

Andrey O.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Relações governamentais
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

A melhor ferramenta de gestão

Avaliado em 04/03/2021

Vantagens

As automações que a ferramenta oferece, facilitam muito o trabalho.
Várias ferramentas que economizam tempo e maximizam a produção.

Desvantagens

A quantidade de atualizações é um pouco excessiva e não permitiram que utilizasse a licença atual para migrar para o ambiente Cloud da ManageEngine.

Rob B.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Great all-in-one management platform

Avaliado em 26/02/2021

We initially replaced our WSUS system with DC, then expanded it out to cover MDM (replacing Meraki) and vulnerability scanning.

Vantagens

- Centralised patch management
- Vulnerability and threat management works pretty well
- Excellent, responsive support team
- Once you get used to how it works, it's pretty robust and nice to use
- Nice MDM, desktop, laptop and mobile management all in one place

Desvantagens

- It takes a while to get your head around how updates are applied - it is quite 'batchy'
- The MDM UI is sometimes a bit confusing

Jim L.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

An Absolutely Essential IT Support Solution for Small to Large Environments

Avaliado em 17/02/2021

See above! I mainly use Desktop Central to maintain third party applications (non-Microsoft). I also provide periodic remote desktop support for a few users, including one who works from home, like I do. It would take me hours to drive to the office or user's location!
. Especially in this last year, Desktop Central and a couple other Manage Engine products have been essential for me to provide support for a small office that is struggling financially to keep its doors open. I cannot say enough good things about this and the the other Manage Engine products.

Vantagens

From third party program installation and management to remote computer management, Desktop Central is an indispensable solution.
- Managing third party software is greatly simplified with Patch Management and Software Deployment.
- Full system Inventory, with Manage Licenses, Software Metering and automated system Scan.
- Remote Control allows remote desktop support, essential for today's IT support.
- A robust set of reports that can be scheduled and emailed.
- Integrates with Service Desk Plus to automatically create service tickets, and email alerts can be created.
- The Free version is fully functional and a great solution for small offices with a limited budget.

Desvantagens

I have been using Desktop Central at my current position for 4 years. I cannot live without Desktop Central, or several other Manage Engine products! It is essential for IT to know what their network condition is, maintain its optimum health, and provide end user remote support. Desktop Central is only one of many Manage Engine products that allows IT support to do this.

Avaliador Verificado
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Tries to do too many things

Avaliado em 07/12/2018

This product advertises a lot of features and functionalities that try to make the solution a one-stop shop for IT departments. Unfortunately none of the features work well or work at all. When compared with other patching solutions, software deployment solutions and help desk toolsets, it falls flat on its face and does not meet the demands of an enterprise sized organization. Support staff is foreign based and can be very difficult working against the language barriers or trying to explain the problem even though they appear to be trying to help.

Vantagens

Useful dashboard for inventory of hardware and software.

Desvantagens

Patching is extremely complicated compared to competitors.
Agents deployed to endpoints consume large amount of CPU and RAM.
Customer support is a small team with most tickets taking 3 days minimum. Every case starts with uploading logs.
Product patches are being released constantly to fix the large number of bugs in software.
Bandwidth management for remote offices does not function well and will easily consume an entire circuit. If this happens it is difficult to stop the traffic until the action has completed. Small mistakes can have big consequences when configuring deployments.

Resposta do ManageEngine Traduzido para o Português

Hello,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're glad you like our intuitive dashboard for hardware and software inventory.

We're sorry about your unpleasant experience with the product. Our patching today has transcended and become a lot more seamless with the introduction of automated patch deployment tasks, wherein every stage of the patch cycle is automated. We've grown as a team, and currently we have quite a lot of support technicians who can resolve your issues in a jiffy. Our product upgrades are no longer about issue fixes, rather we're releasing top-notch features - requested by our customers, and the ones that meet market standards.

If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at [email protected]ine.com.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected]

Alvaro P.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Seguros
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Your All-in-One Solution

Avaliado em 25/01/2021

I really can't leave without Manage Engine. It's my everyday Go-To tool for all my needs. You guys are doing a great job improving the software.

Vantagens

I love the fact that this software gets updates and upgrades periodically. I do appreciate the nice remote capabilities, the option to roll out your own image, MS Updates, asset management and great reports. Its my everyday tool for helping out end users and doing all my IT duties! Its an amazing tool! I am waiting for the day that they add Purchase Orders to the Manage Engine Suite.

Desvantagens

Some upgrades might catch you by surprise since the design and the buttons change here and there, but I do understand the process of making things better for the IT Professional. Can be a bit expensive if you add all the tools to the suite. Better bundles should be added to the list of suggestions.

Avaliador Verificado
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Segurança de rede e informática
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Nothing Comes Close To Zoho Corp and Desktop Central Price Per Value and Feature Wise

Avaliado em 25/03/2021

Vantagens

Nothing comes close to Manage Central when price per value is obvserved with the only issues being that it is a lot of information all at once, and that it has many configuration abilities and options.

I have used this solution for a couple months now, but my experience with Zoho SaaS has been spectacular with 0% downtime on my original site I launched as a side project being 0 in 386 days!

Would recommend this to anyone looking for a serious solution, and even to hobbyists and home lab users just looking to try something out!

Desvantagens

Software is extremely customizable and granular, but has a sharper learning curve than a click and deploy solution. However the extra configurability is crucial in fields that require compliance, governance and hard coded security with a clear and present chain of command.

Muhammad F.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Bibliotecas
  • Porte da empresa: 10.000+ funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

Avaliado em 11/03/2021

Overall, I am a satisfied administrator of this product for my organization.

Vantagens

Ease of deployment, Ease of patch management

Desvantagens

OS Image creating part is bit difficult.

Jim P.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Construção
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Very robust product

Avaliado em 07/03/2021

Vantagens

Remote access is simple as well as patch management. The inventory module is extremely detailed. We are starting to go full in on the MDM module as well

Desvantagens

Not happy that the new security module is an add-on

Frankie C.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Aviação e aeroespacial
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Life Saver

Avaliado em 25/02/2021

In our environment we have to meet many government mandates that for a small company can be challenging. This tool helps meet many of those requirements and combines them into 1 tool.

Vantagens

So many features! Love how many applications are built in to auto deploy. Love all the reporting features as well. In a distributed environment I need to be able audit and this tool allows me to do that.

Desvantagens

It can be a bit complicated to really configure at the detailed level I need but most tools are. Would like to see more canned configurations for Linux support.

Omar M.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Very Impressive

Avaliado em 02/03/2021

Overall I am thoroughly impressed with ManageEngine and can't wait to use this within our organization.

Vantagens

One of the main things that sets Desktop Central apart from its competitors is the ability to remotely support the workstations/devices that are managed within this tool.

Desvantagens

I wish that we had the ability to take action on restricting non-compliant devices as opposed to just reporting on them.

Faizhal K.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: E-Learning
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Senior system administrator

Avaliado em 24/02/2020

Beneficial

Vantagens

Easy to use and have control over my end user system now

Desvantagens

Need to include more features to control

Dale S.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Armazéns
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

MEDC is an important tool for us.

Avaliado em 23/09/2019

Patching is a breeze. RDP has saved me a lot of headaches since I don't always remember the FQDN of every machine in the building. Helps let me know if systems are down. Overall its a tool I cant live without at this point.

Vantagens

Inventory features. Makes it really easy to see what PC's are running and who is using them. Login history, Windows patching, software inventories, warranty information (except for HP) and a great built in RDP feature. This software makes life a LOT easier. Its pricing is pretty competitive for everything it offers. We have stuck with it for almost 3 years and don't plan to switch away unless there is a drastic change in its price or functionality. So far I would give it a solid 9.5/10.

Desvantagens

When you hit your license limit, if you don't realize it, and you do another installation, removing the license from an unused computer doesn't activate the one you were initially trying to activate. Often requiring you to jump through a little bit of hoops to get it going. Always make sure you have a free license prior to the install. The only other thing I would truly consider a con is some of the features are more buried then they should be, and its not always immediately obvious where your going to find what you are looking for. Once you have used it for a while, you get used to it though and its a non-issue.

Resposta do ManageEngine Traduzido para o Português

Hello Dale,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're delighted that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and the fact that it has been making your job seamless for the past three years. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint security and management.

We are working towards creating better visibility in terms of the user interface. If you require further assistance with the product UI, do write to us at [email protected]

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected]

Anurag K.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Jogos de computador
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Works perfectly for me to manage and monitor several devices

Avaliado em 24/08/2020

Being a Game Developer and Digital Media Producer, I always need a solution to perfectly control and manage all of my desktop and mobile devices and Desktop Central is what I really found as an intuitive and innovative solution to do it. I can easily operate my devices, monitor their usage, install system updates, manage installation of softwares, share files within the systems etc very easily from a single device just because of Desktop Central which is far better when compared to its competitors. Desktop Central allows me to run its application even on my 32-bit system. It also has a mobile application which works smoothly.

Vantagens

There are several things I loved about Desktop Central like the ability to automate the patching of OS, automatic scanning and installation of latest service packs for OS, imaging of OS to protect my devices from security vulnerabilities. It also allows me to install and uninstall necessary softwares remotely with many of its useful features and built-in templates. A few more useful features are also there including Power management to switch the devices On or Off remotely and to get reports of device's Up-time( to know from how many hours they are turned On). One of the best things about Desktop Central is that they provide me the ability to control all of my devices even from my Mobile Phone, there mobile application is well optimized and works perfectly fine. I can also set my computers and other devices to be used by specific Users and for specific roles by granting them limited access to the device's features and functions. My workflow increases when I can easily transfer files, shoot and record photos and videos from all of my devices using a Single device because of Remote sharing feature of Desktop Central. They provide a One month free trial with all of their features, so that one can easily understand and get used to with their application.

Desvantagens

The only thing I would like to say to Manageengine is that they should fix the pricing for Desktop Central, a small organization or a small firm can't easily afford this much expensive solution for them. Though, I think Desktop Central already offers to get a price Quote to their customers according to their need.

Avaliador Verificado
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Escritório de advocacia
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Comprehensive Desktop Management Solution

Avaliado em 17/09/2019

ManageEngine Desktop Central has helped us improve our overall technical and operational support to staff and further, helped consolidate software and resources.

Vantagens

ManageEngine Desktop Central is a robust set of tools that allow s you to deploy, automate, and support your end user's device with a simple to manage interface. Before using ManageEngine my team used a wide variety of tools and a lot of 'hands-on' involvement to maintain our diverse set of end-user equipment, but, with Desktop Central we are able to deploy images, software, manage patches, set security policies, and provide remote support all from one central location.

Desvantagens

The setup can be a little overwhelming at first due to all of the configuration and features. While the support team was good and very friendly, it would be better if there is more standardized KBs and how-to videos to help support some of the advanced functions.

Resposta do ManageEngine Traduzido para o Português

Hello,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're glad that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint security and management, thereby replacing the multiple tools that you've had to use in the past.

We are working on standardizing the knowledge base articles and how-to videos. If you require further assistance, do write to us at [email protected]

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected]

Avaliador Verificado
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Desk Central

Avaliado em 24/07/2020

It's almost all positive. It allows me to stay of top of all software patching, both Windows and 3rd-party. That's the single largest benefit. But in addition it allows quickly implement group policy-like configurations, effectively block thumb drives, reboot all machines on a set schedule, view a complete inventory of all hardware and software, search for specific software that's installed, implement quick changes to all machines when needed, like registry ones, and many others.

Vantagens

This product was easy for me to implement several years ago. Whenever I have problems, it's very easy to contact their support team and when i do they are very responsive. If a feature isn't there that I'd like to have, they also make a serious effort to see it implemented in the future. For what it does, it's very cost-effective and an extremely beneficial tool to have at my disposal as the lead tech in our organization. If it wasn't available I feel it would be extremely difficult to replace with anything product anywhere near its price range, and I'd likely lose features as well.

Desvantagens

No product is perfect, and there's a few features I'd like to have added, but at least they make an honest effort to hear my concerns whenever i have them. I really can't think of much of anything else that I'd criticize them for, and I'm very happy with it.

Rajneesh B.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Software
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Heterogeneous End-point Management from a Unified Console

Avaliado em 25/06/2020

Easy to use UI, Online help and chat support, Great community support. Overall, quick to learn and easy Setup.

Vantagens

More control, Power to you, whilst deploying SW Deployment, OS Patching and even MDM, all can be achieved from a single console. Not to mention, OS Deployment & Imaging are offered free for all Workstation & Servers. Gartner listed, Awesome support very Proactive indeed.

Desvantagens

None at all. Out-of-box product features have nothing to complaint about. We love everything that DesktopCentral UEM has to offer.

Kapil U.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

A unified endpoint management solution for omnichannel users for managing various s/w...

Avaliado em 08/05/2020

The ease of software deployment has been a cake walk. It has reduced the time efficiency by leaps and bounds. The performance of the software is a huge plus point

Vantagens

Ease of deploying the software to multiple devices with in minutes have saved cost, time and manpower for the organization

Desvantagens

Customizing the dashboard and reports control could have been more user friendly.

Resposta do ManageEngine Traduzido para o Português

Hello Kapil,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're glad that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has helped you with securing and managing your endpoints.

We're happy to know that software deployment has been a walk in the park for your organization by using our product. We hope you've tried other features as well. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at [email protected]

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected]

Pascal D.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Esportes
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

RBFA

Avaliado em 04/02/2021

The best tool so far in my career, modular, great support.

Vantagens

Ease of use. Super OS and patch deployment, the overviews and the reports. Quick help on each page. Deploy of software. Mobile device management.

Desvantagens

The error messaging, most of the times to general. Quick help not always sufficient. The help websites, not clear enough to find your way.

Philipp M.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Engenharia civil
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Excellent product! Compared to other ME products also very few bugs. Support should be...

Avaliado em 07/12/2017

Huge time savings in supporting our end users!

Vantagens

- stable
- ease of use
- value for Money is excellent!!!
- covers (almost) all our endpoint management Needs
- steady improvement in functionality

Desvantagens

Technical Support should be improved! The technicians seem very knowledgeable! Anyhow, I miss the personal contact to the Support engineers. I don't like how, in a Support session, the technician connects to my PC and starts clicking around and Chat through Notepad. Any other vendor's Support technician would give me a call and stay on the phone while Troubleshooting Problems. It's a great way to learn about the product for me, and for the technician it may also be usefull as I may help the technician by providing Details more easely. I think that it would improve the Support process drastically. I really dislike the way Support works at the Moment!

Resposta do ManageEngine Traduzido para o Português

Hello Philipp,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security.

Thank you for your feedback on our support, and we're happy to keep you informed that our support team today is not what it used to be three years back. We've worked on inflating every intricate detail with our customer service. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at [email protected]

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected]

Aaron W.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Editoras
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

So many useful features that you don't get with a normal Windows Domain controller

Avaliado em 13/04/2019

We use Desktop Central as it offers so many extra features, as I mentioned in my first paragraph. These features are really useful and save so much time.

Vantagens

There are so many useful features in Desktop Central. My favourite features are:
- Being able to remotely wake up and shut down computers
- Inventory history showing hardware changes
- Reports of which user logged onto which computers, which really helps find who works at which desk

Desvantagens

The updating routine for getting the latest version of Desktop Central is very tedious, requiring a backup, shut down, downloading a file, and then manually running a patch installer. I would like to see an automatic updater, but perhaps it is for those who are very strict about software installations.

Resposta do ManageEngine Traduzido para o Português

Hello Aaron,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security.

Thank you for letting us know your pain point in upgrading Desktop Central. Your feedback will be passed on to the development team. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at [email protected]

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected]

Avaliador Verificado
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Seguros
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Desktop Central: Tech Perspective

Avaliado em 28/10/2019

Overall it is a good product and accomplishes our purposes.

Vantagens

This software is really good shut the price and features it comes with. Replaces a lot of tools we have had to mismatch and put together all in one.

Desvantagens

The user interface and language of the site is somewhat confusing and not intuitive. They have a log guides that help. Just not as intuitive as I had hoped.

Resposta do ManageEngine Traduzido para o Português

Hello,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and it's unified approach. We hope our product has helped you with securing and managing all your endpoints, thereby replacing multiple tools that you've had to use in the past.

If you require further assistance with the user interface, do write to us at [email protected]

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected]

Daniel H.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Materiais de construção
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Brilliant system that is constantly updated with new features

Avaliado em 26/02/2021

Customer service is usually really good. most issues are resolved within a couple of hours. if logs have to be sent, I'd give them 4-5 days

Vantagens

The system is cheap, reliable, integrates with our Servicedesk well and constantly has new features added to it

Desvantagens

When a new update is released, their quality control can sometimes be lacking. there's always several issues such as not being able to search, not being able to sort, not being able to connect to PCs (these issues were just in the last 2 months).
Even though we have the Enterprise version (that's supposed to include everything), In the last 2 years, they've released a couple of Add-ons... They seem to ignore the fact that we paid for the enterprise level to get everything included, and are seperating everything that they can so that we have to continue spending

Archna S.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Produção audivisual
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Desktop Central offers the best features to manage multiple devices from a Central device.

Avaliado em 23/08/2020

Our organization is using Desktop Central to manage all of our devices including devices with Windows and Mac OS, Android and iOS devices from a single Device. Desktop Central has allowed us to give the Power of controlling all the devices to a Single Central Device which can be operated by Senior IT managers. We can manage Software installation, patching and deployment with ease. We can also monitor who is using what device and when, means we can easily monitor our devices using Desktop Central.
The pricing perfectly fits our need, also we can get Quote to best explain our requirements and get an even perfect subscription from them.
They also provide a 30 day trial to effectively understand and evaluate the complete product.

Vantagens

Desktop Central offers a lot of features to effectively manage several devices anytime from single Central Device. Some of the most helpful features are Turn On/Off the controlled devices, Operating System patch management, installation and deployment of Softwares, file transfer using Remote Sharing etc.
Desktop Central allows patching, imaging and deploying of OS, which helps a lot in keeping all the devices safe from known/unknown Security threats by remote upgradation. Desktop Central also allows us to monitor several things like Login History, Software and Hardware Changes etc which helps our organization a lot in monitoring the use of our devices. Overall, we can have full control over all of our devices easily and effectively from a single Central Powered Device anytime.

Desvantagens

A few things I think should be improved with Desktop Central is their Customer Support Service. Recently, some people from our organization were having trouble with Desktop Central but the Customer Support team was not effectively helping them out. Though, the problem has now been solved because we went through their Guides and Documentations and figured out how to fix things up.

Wilson C.
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Hotelaria
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Very important and useful automation tool for IT.

Avaliado em 06/12/2017

It automates a lot of things that takes time to manually do it. In simple words, it saved enormous time, energy, money and definitely increase productivity.

Vantagens

Ease of use, available feature to monitor status of specific computer desktop, server and laptop. As part of my job, to ensure 100% software patches are applied and monitored this application is very important to me or must have.

Desvantagens

Poor support, raised a simple recurring issue (which suddenly occured) but no sulotion even remotely checked and provided the logs but still no clear guidance on how to correct. We have software patches for some reason cannot be distributed to computer desktops. We can manully download from the server and iinstall manually with no issue.

Resposta do ManageEngine Traduzido para o Português

Hello Wilson,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security.

Thank you for your feedback on our support and we're happy to inform you that our support has scaled up to deliver top-notch customer service. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at [email protected]

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected]