Canopy

Practice management software for accounting firms

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

157 avaliações

Danny N.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Canopy takes the headaches out of client management by offering a way to keep client info...

Avaliado em 27/04/2018

Improved practice management and time management. As well as a simple way for clients to securely share their files with me.

Vantagens

That all client info, files, communication, notes, and tasks are in one application. It has helped eliminate the need to jump around from application to application to find the info I need to manage all my clients accounts.

Desvantagens

The task feature can use some updates in simplification and added features. I still prefer Jetpack Workflow to help manage my tasks until Canopy improves this feature. I also get frustrated that there isn't a way to simply email a file stored in Canopy to a client that maybe isn't using the portal feature, rather than downloading and adding to an email as an atachment,

Juventino G.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Good software with strong features and lots of promise at a pricey point.

Avaliado em 23/11/2021

My overall experience with Canopy has been a good one thus far. Even though I bitch about the cost l, I continue to stay because of the ease of use, simplicity for my clients, and automation I’ve created within my tech stack.

Vantagens

The best feature is the client portal and mobile app. It has been a business transformation blessing from way before COVID was ever a thing. I remember way back in 2017 when the mobile app was nearly launching how it revolutionized the way my clients do business with me. This is what has kept me on Canopy in spite of the price hikes.

Desvantagens

Canopy recently has changed their pricing model and I don’t like it because it increases the barriers to tax professional adoption. There are other titles out there who bring good feature sets and a much lower price point and has given me reason to start shopping elsewhere. What keeps me at Canopy is not wanting to invest the time in moving my clients files over to a new system, notifying my clients that I virtually moved virtual offices, and avoiding the headaches of all the client questions that would ensue.

TaxDome

Razões para escolher o Canopy

I wanted a good tax management experience and the one provided by Canopy was superior to other competitors at that time around 2016-2017.

TaxAct Business

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

I wanted a more integrated experience and an online only software. Taxaroo left me desiring a better client portal experience and way back in 2016-2017 their offering was not as strong as CanopyTax.
Tyler R.
  • Setor: Atacadistas
  • Porte da empresa: 10 000+ funcionários

Change for the Better!

Avaliado em 11/06/2022

My experience with Canopy is amazing I will never leave and i will invite all my friends and family

Vantagens

The thing that i liked the most about the software was that it was easy to use and it was also inexpensive.

Desvantagens

I wish I could use more charts in the software but besides that it is amazing

Dustin J.
  • Setor: Bens de consumo
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1 000 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Customer Service is Terribly - This Company is too new to meet deadlines

Avaliado em 02/01/2020

Purchased a license in order to use their Tax Prep software (NOT the tax management software - ability to track clients and manage the funnel of taxes). Was told everything would be ready in time, and I ensured they knew I was only buying now because the Tax Prep software was going to finally be ready. (They told me 4 different dates for when this would be ready as I've been working with their sales for 2 years, waiting for them to get things together). Jumped in and decided to make them our company for our tax prep business, and everything went wrong. Salesperson we worked with had quit, implementation team was slow, and then I got off the phone with a support person who casually mentioned that the tax software was tossed out for this year. We had no clue, completely SOL as we have 4 weeks until tax season started and had to rush to find another company. All done without an apology, just "oh that's funny, I thought everyone knew that we couldn't get the software ready", even though we were assured that it would be - for a quick sale I imagine. Lots of back and forth with different support team members. We had been paying for two months and getting everything switched to their platform - which took an enormous amount of time and effort from our people, just to be told they won't have it ready for us and we will not receive a refund. I told the support manager before about this review being posted and was told I "might get a call back" for help.

Vantagens

The software is cloud based and therefore easy to access.

Desvantagens

The company consistantly made promises that they were unable to uphold. Pushbacks on product releases that we desperately needed, and no refund for their mistakes. Not the company you want to go with when you need something dependable. They're a tax company which makes it even more absurd that they mess around with deadlines.

ProConnect Tax

Razões para escolher o Canopy

We counted on Canopy and they totally blew it.

Drake Tax

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

We thought they would be able to deliver everything to us at a decent price.
Alison R.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 4.0 /10

Where to start

Avaliado em 24/11/2021

There are other options out there and I could easily stick w sharefile. However I wanted to up my game and show my clients a better higher tech experience. As you know, solopreneurs have a hard time competing w the small to middle size firms. Seems like you need to up your game or at least let me know about your game!

Vantagens

Clients like the portal. It has helped improve the perception that my firm cares about their info. It also feels very organized. It is easy to set up a portal.

Desvantagens

Yegads, what to me seems like obvious items, the organizer doesn’t roll over from prior year to current year. Your current solution is for me to set up customer accounts for each member of a family unit. This seems dumb and a waste of accounts, my and my team’s time, my money and the client perception and experience. If i as a customer was asked by my firm to re enter all prior year into, I would be beyond annoyed. I would wonder what kind of high tech experience Alison isn’t offering me. As a customer, I would also be less inclined to complete it because It is a waste of my time. Your customer service and training library aren’t helpful. Since it is very self serve, I have no idea what to look for in terms of better ways to use canopy because I don’t know what I don’t know. You let us all know at the innovation summit about the 100 new features you have rolled out. My admin and I were dumbfounded to learn this. How did we not know About the cool ways you are trying to make my life better? Do you offer monthly training or “ask me anything” webinars that don’t require me to pay extra or upgrade to a higher level. If you do, why don’t I know about them? If you don’t, why don’t you? It seems like you would help me have a better experience with the software and keep me as a recurring customer. Also, it is hard as nails to get requests followed up on. Customer service isn’t great.

TaxDome e Jetpack Workflow

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

The product seemed like a great entry way to start. It seemed easy to use. And it looked cool for my clients. I have appreciated how the portal seems organized. Some of my clients have told me it is hard to use. Would like some ideas on how to help my clients want to use it rather than. Email me their private info.
Nicole H.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

Review of Canopy - 1 month in

Avaliado em 29/11/2021

I like Canopy and I'll continue to use it. I'm glad I'm working on the conversion in November rather than Feb/March. I expect to have everything perfect by the chaos of tax season.

Vantagens

I love the portal and the client/entity set up. I love that everything related to my workflow is in Canopy (except the tax return). It's very nice to have everything in one system.

Desvantagens

The syncing with QBO hasn't been as easy as I'd like, but that may be an Intuit issue as well. There are issues when duplicate clients are created and you merge them. If the client was already linked in Canopy, that link is broken and I don't know how to recreate it. I hear that a function to sync specific clients in Canopy is coming soon and that should resolve my issue.

I haven't been able to pull a transcript yet. I keep getting "Pull Failed". I'm not sure if this in an IRS issue or Canopy. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

TaxDome e Karbon

Razões para escolher o Canopy

I wanted a system that did everything. Canopy has the CRM, task management and the document management together. The tax transcripts functionality was a big deciding factor as well.

SmartVault e Insightly

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

TaxDome didn't have the tax transcripts. Karbon looked very complicated.
John Z.
  • Setor: Serviços jurídicos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Canopy is a good option- not sure if they are the best though.

Avaliado em 29/11/2021

On a scale of 1-10, I would say it is a 6.5 or a 7. There are many functions that make this very easy to use, however, as time passes the development team decides to take the ease of use and make it more challenging. Too much focus on making the interface "pretty" and not enough on actual items that make productivity better.

Vantagens

The product is simple to use. However, Canopy likes to make changes to items that do not need any changes. In doing so, they break their own system for several days and the new function isn't worth the hassle. Transcripts are now significantly more complicated and time-consuming to get to.

Desvantagens

The fact that the backend team decides to make changes as to what they think is best for the client. Most of their changes do not have any positive effect on how we operate the practice and only make things more challenging and frustrating to use.

Al W.

Practice Management

Avaliado em 29/11/2021

Overall, Canopy is a good tool for client relationship management. Using the task list is a great tool to make sure deadlines do not get overlooked.

Vantagens

Canopy makes it easy to securly share tax sensitive documents with clients.

Desvantagens

Getting transcripts from the IRS using Canopy can be a challenge.

Citrix ShareFile

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

I use Tax Help Software. Canopy made it much easier to impliment the file sharing system than the other choices.
Amanda F.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

Impressed Customer

Avaliado em 29/11/2021

It is so helpful in maintaining adequate project management and clear workflow for all staff.

Vantagens

Customer support. I have questions and suggestions all the time and I love that by using the chat support I get prompt answers and endless follow-up from support staff.

Desvantagens

Transferring clients over created several duplicates and ultimately some lost information in the transition.

Jessica J.
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Such a great option if you have the budget

Avaliado em 07/12/2021

I did the free trial and it was so nice to have all those features, but if you want to have access to everything you need to take out your wallet and pay a lot.

Vantagens

It's so easy to use, the interface is so slick and powerfull.

Desvantagens

The price point is not for small tax practices just starting to build their portfolio on tax resolution

SmartVault

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

Its the top of the top in office management and tax resolution management but you're limited to the basic functions if your clientele is under 200 and after that you have to pay a high price.
Brielle B.
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Canopy is the Admin on our team!

Avaliado em 01/06/2021

we have been with Canopy for several years and starting out they did not have the features they do now. They are very responsive with feature requests and we really like the improvements they have made. Canopy is constantly improving the user environment and making a better product.

Vantagens

Canopy allowed us to grow our client base without having to add additional personnel. using canopy tasks to track where the team members are, and to take notes, and hold communications (emails) we can assist each other when answering client questions. This way clients aren't playing phone tag with one individual. The file storage with client portal allows the clients to access their documentation 24/7/365 eliminating the need to email documents back and forth.

Desvantagens

Unfortunately Canopy does not sync with QuickBooks desktop.

Trello e Slack

Razões para escolher o Canopy

Trello really only let us track tasks. we switched for the more robust features and the client portal available in Canopy.

Trello

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

Canopy is specifically geared for accountants and had the features we needed for our Bookkeeping clients
Shelley L.
  • Setor: Escritório de advocacia

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Great for Tax Resolution practices!

Avaliado em 21/05/2021

Overall Canopy has made our office more streamlined and efficient. It has allowed us to work remotely which has been so important during this past year.

Vantagens

Canopy is very user friendly with many great features. It has allowed our firm to go paperless. Given the fact that the IRS is paper driven, that says a lot! Customer support is excellent for everything from asking for help to utilize functions or suggesting changes!! The Canopy app is excellent as well which allows us to access our client files no matter where we are.

Desvantagens

The cons are minor but I wish I had the option to dress up my "Notes" with highlighting and using different color text to break up the notes.

Steven r W.

"The future is now!"

Avaliado em 27/05/2021

Saves us time with client and task tracking. No more chasing spreadsheets and lists.

Vantagens

Extremely responsive customer service with lots of great customization to help keep your workflow on task. One stop shop to keep track of your workflow while maintaining client data and files. Endless opportunities due to constant upgrades and add-ons. We are currently migrating our entire firm onto the platform and utilizing the client portal feature to exchange information and save on printing, customer requests and storage options. Most impressive is their constant interaction asking how they can improve and getting feedback on new features.

Desvantagens

I really don't have any dislikes, and if something is a little clunky with a layout or usability they are usually upgrading or fixing it. I'm excited to see tax software so I guess I dislike not having it? The tax software would plug another hole and add well to the transcript and tax form resolution features.

Accounting Power, Payroll Relief, UltraTax CS e Ignition

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

Best bang for the buck and most aggresive in creating new content.
Denise G.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Canopy Software

Avaliado em 24/05/2021

Vantagens

We loved the Emails, Task management & calendar are all in one software.

Desvantagens

Canopy DOES NOT have our states so we can't do any returns, We don't like that the clients can't both sign their signature forms if they are married. We also didn't like that In the middle of tax season we had to go back to an old software because the desktop Assistant stopped working on us.

Thaddeus E.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Great Fit for Small Tax Practice!

Avaliado em 06/12/2021

My overall experience with Canopy is good! It fits my practice very well which makes me willing to overlook frustrations. Support has always been responsive and helpful which gives me confidence that, when issues arise, they will be taken care of.

Vantagens

The biggest draw for me is all the different functionalities integrated into one platform. Before I switched to Canopy, I had a secure client portal for file sharing, an e-signature product, and time and billing all in separate apps and platforms. With Canopy, I can do all of that in one workspace and auto-populate client demographic info in each of these areas. Another draw as the IRS transcript and tax resolution tools and templates. Canopy makes it easy to handle tax issues and notices as they come up. I now pull transcripts for most of my clients as a matter of course, and I can quickly and competently respond to notices.

Desvantagens

I would like to see an improved engagement letter function that allows clients to select different packages or services levels. Something along the lines of what Practice Ignition and Karbon have done. That is really the only other platform I would consider adding alongside Canopy and my tax preparation software.

The platform is also sometimes unresponsive and buggy. I have heard of but not yet experienced an extended outage. It seems Canopy has not fully matured as a company and will need to build more reliability into its platform.

Karen C.

Game changer

Avaliado em 29/12/2021

Vantagens

We luckily chose Canopy as our client portal system pre-pandemic. When the shut down occurred, we were ready to continue servicing our clients during this very termultuous time. AS we move forward from the pandemic, our clients have found they like having a single source to share documents virtually. We as a firm continue to develop our skills in Canopy and now use it for engagement letters, tax documents and any communications with our clients

Desvantagens

Wish there could be better isolation of reminder emails or emails when a client performs as action.

Jetpack Workflow e Ignition

Razões para mudar para o Canopy

Pricing, ease of use and setup
Mary H.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Very user friendly for the price.

Avaliado em 02/12/2021

Great for task management, document management, daily use, easy to learn and use

Vantagens

Easy to use, email/communication integration, Document storage unlimited

Desvantagens

Email search function is less than ideal/doesnt work at all from within a client.
Can't start Word/Excel files from within Canopy
Wish it would also track time for each team member for the week - would make a secondary time and attendance unnecessary.

CANVAS, Gusto, Microsoft Teams e Karbon

Razões para escolher o Canopy

Ease of use, document storage, price

see above
Mark B.
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Outstanding software that keeps getting better and better!

Avaliado em 09/03/2018

It's an excellent client database and portal.

Vantagens

Cool features, outstanding customer service, constantly updating to make it better. I love that I can upload files easily to a secure client portal and we don't have to email files anymore. Clients love that they have 24/7 access to their files. We have saved on paper and toner costs. Having all our client information in one place is incredibly valuable. Engagements keep you focused on what you need to do and makes things less likely to fall through the cracks. The integration with gmail makes tracking/finding email conversations easy! Absolutely can't imagine not having this software.

Desvantagens

There are only a few minor issues that I know Canopy will fix as they learn from their customers. I can make suggestions and I know that they will address these requests in future versions of the software:
1. Mobile Access is not perfect. An app would be great. Some screens just don't show up on my iPhone.
2. Tasks take way too long to create. I think it could be easier to create tasks.
3. Inability to print notes
4. Search engine is limited. It would be better to be able to search for partial names. Currently you need to really know the name of the person you are looking for. I have a business client who I can't search for the name of his business or DBA.

Elisabeth G.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

I have had an outstanding experience with Canopy!

Avaliado em 30/05/2018

Client satisfaction, reliable (and hopefully secure!) file-sharing. Potential to have a more efficient tax practice. I feel like i didn't have time to dive in to all feature fully during tax season, but hope to spend some time this Fall tinkering with the software.

Vantagens

Helping me organize the data and correspondence of 200+ tax clients. I got hooked by the fact that it keeps copies of all my email correspondence. But the biggest surprise was all the positive feedback I received from my clients about how easy it was to use, especially the file uploading. I had a previous product that was a complete nightmare. Around 40% of the clients who tried using it were unable to. Working on taxes brings up a lot of anxiety in people so anything I can do to make the experience smoother goes a long way. Having a reliable, user-friendly product to offer my clients feels GREAT!

Desvantagens

Annual subscription fee that will likely increase as the product is continually enhanced. It's also a little hard to organize the accounts of married couples. They file a joint return so in many respects only need one account. But I like to correspond with both spouses and I haven't figured out a way to do that within one account. If I made one spouse's account inactive, it also deactivates their email address so I'm unable to correspond with them.

Antonietta C.
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

We all love the program! It has kept us better organized! It's so easy to use!

Avaliado em 04/04/2018

Canopy is easy and secure program to use to communicate with our clients. The uploading, tasks and engagement feature is used on a daily base in our office. I also, like the fact that we upload files in Canopy and make them visible or non-visible to our clients.

Vantagens

It's safe and secure. Clients are able to upload documents and the documents are saved their portal which as a result, keeps us better organized. The visible and not visible feature for files is a great feature because they are certain documents that the client doesn't need to see but are important for internal use. The task feature keeps us organized and we know exactly the status of each client. We are still learning Canopy capabilities and features.

Desvantagens

Be able to move files from one client portal to another. We numerous clients whom keep uploading to the wrong portal because they have access to their individual and entity. I spend a lot of time downloading each file, saving it to me desktop and then dragging it over to the proper client portal. Not being able to delete a task from the client portal. If two people are in the same client portal and someone deletes and uploads a document we noticed that the client portal gets all discombobulated. Being able to print from the engagement feature conversations or files that were either uploaded from the client.

Mark G.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Canopy helps our company stay organized.

Avaliado em 23/11/2021

Vantagens

Communication tab, organization of tasks.

Desvantagens

We would like to be able to integrate ability to update worksheets/ documents in internal files, just like you would in sheets or docs (if you want to edit, you have to do so outside of Canopy and re-upload. We would like to be able to quote in the system.

Mckinley J.

• Suporte ao cliente

I have had a good experience using Canopy. The website functionality has been very good.

Avaliado em 05/04/2018

Vantagens

I like the ability to produce documents that are ready to deliver to clients or the IRS once I have completed the required forms. Additionally, I like the ability to make changes without having to reproduce documents. The link that can be sent directly to clients for data input has been very helpful. Having tax transcripts that are readily accessible on my desktop is a very important feature.

Desvantagens

I think that the software should include a feature that will allow you download transcripts overnight. I think the software would be enhanced if some of the additional features that follow are included in the software: Case Diagnostics, Fee Calculator, Searchable IRS Manual and IRS Contact List. It would be very helpful if other users within the same office could utilize Canopy at some add on rate or multiple user environment. Some of the tax resolution practitioners are part of small office environments. It would be good to have a product that could better fit the needs of the smaller office environments. T

Kurt S.
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

Constant Improvements

Avaliado em 22/05/2021

Canopy is very useful as it is, but this company seems dead set on always improving its operation & structure. At least monthly, I get an opportunity to view what is new on Canopy and what they are working on next. I can keep my finger on the pulse of my clients so I can quickly respond to their expectations.

Vantagens

When my client's upload documents to the portal, Canopy lists that activity, I click on it, and I am able to take action on it right away.

Desvantagens

I would like to be able to adjust the timekeeper when I start it or while it is running.

Lisa H.

Canopy Review

Avaliado em 07/12/2021

Really great !

Vantagens

I like have a place where clients feel safe with uploading documents that contain personal information like socials and not having to worry about hackers. I also like that clients have access to their documents even if we part ways. Having a secure and encrypted client portal is crucial to tax preparation.

Desvantagens

If a client has been with another company that used Canopy and now wants to leave and to to another company who also uses Canopy, they can't without changing their email as that email is tied to the former company and they have to call to have it deleted in order to go forward with the new company. This is not always possible if they left on a bad note. The new company should be able to add and the old company would auto be deleted.

John J.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Canopy has simplified the resolution process saving me time.

Avaliado em 24/05/2018

This product is necessary for me on a daily basis. I benefit from many of it's features.

Vantagens

The three areas that I use the most are the 433A, OIC and quick access to transcripts. The combination of these three functions allows me to quickly evaluate a clients resolution options. This also creates for me an overview allowing me to better focus on what I need to so that I can more quickly get a handle on the problem and address it with both the IRS and the client.

Desvantagens

When I first learned about Canopy my understanding was that they were specializing in "tax resolution" and concentrating on that area. It appears that they are now broadening their market. I understand why they would want to do this but often newer businesses start to expand or move away from what they did best and water down or slow developing their original product. I fear that Canopy is doing just that and there original product will suffer.