Square for Retail

Square for Retail

POS & inventory management for retail businesses

4.7/5 (249 avaliações)
David Y.
Setor: Editoras

A Useful Solution for your eCommerce Needs

Avaliado em 22/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall I am pleased with Square because, for my business at least, it covers most of my needs. Set up could not be easier. Simply log-in to the application and begin creating store items. You can even allocate a low inventory alert so that you will always know if your inventory supplies are dwindling. It's very easy to assign a bank account to Square and the approval process, unlike some eCommerce providers, is almost instantaneous. Setting up the seller page is also easy and Square offers a variety of templates to choose from. No programming knowledge is needed and the page is largely WYSIWYG, so there are no surprises. The site displays well across PCs, tables, and phones.

Vantagens

Square for Retail enables you to easily create an online eCommerce store, list your products, and sell them. It's quite simple to use, and this is perhaps what is the best reason to use Square. It is particularly useful for small businesses trying to build sales via social media and other online avenues. At the same time, it is useful for brick-and-mortar stores as well. While I use it for online sales, several of my colleagues use Square in their stores.

Desvantagens

A big drawback is that Square (as of the writing of this review) is unable to process payments from outside the United States. Thus, if you anticipate worldwide sales, Square may not be the best solution for your business. A second drawback is that it can be difficult to reach a live customer service representative. Unlike most companies, in which one simply phones in for service, Square requires that you first create a trouble ticket (at which point you will be assigned a case number). You then use the case number when phoning customer service. It's not horrible but in today's business world it's kind of annoying and time consuming. Square also lacks live online help, which is another downside.

Coree C.
Traduzir com Google

Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!

Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 18/11/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

Vantagens

I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

Desvantagens

I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

Craig G.
Setor: Roupa e moda
Traduzir com Google

Square is a great payment platform for retail stores.

Avaliado em 12/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This system works great for pop-ups and retail stores. You can also track what you sell and square sends you emails when you are low on products. We will continue to use Square

Vantagens

How simple it is to set up. You know exactly how much you are being charged. There is no hidden extra add ons. Square updated the os, so now if your customer wants to return 1 item and they purchased two, you just pull up the item and hit return.

Desvantagens

Just make sure you do all the updates for square and os system for any pad you are using. We use an Ipad and it works great! Not much to not like.

Mayela L.
Traduzir com Google

The simplest payment processing system

Avaliado em 29/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have a small a small business and the square software works well for my needs

Vantagens

The software is very easy to install. The pairing of the software with either the magstripe or the contactless reader is quite fast. Processing payments is a breeze and both readers can be used on the go or a set location.

Desvantagens

I don’t have any problems with the software itself. It would be nice to have a better rate for card processing.

Kathryn B.

Awesome Product

Avaliado em 26/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

Vantagens

I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Desvantagens

Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

Nate F.
Setor: Música
Traduzir com Google

I have mixed feelings. I like the look/feel of the old app better. It seemed more user friendly.

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 09/08/2017

Vantagens

I like the ability to transfer inventory from one store to another. I like the ability to have employees clock-in/clock-out to keep track of pay and what items a specific employee sells. I like the ability to adjust quantities from the app instead of just the dashboard.

Desvantagens

I don't like that I can't view another store's inventory from the app. Very often, I find myself saying, "We don't have that in-stock here, but I know it's in-stock at our other location." It'd be very helpful to be able to type in an item and view quantity in-stock for all locations. I also HATE that there are not "tickets" available anymore. I own a music store that offers instrument repairs and we also have special orders. For instrument repairs - the amount is variable depending on what needs done and I also notate the transaction with the instrument type, brand, serial number - what parts were used, and what was done under the "Quantity and Notes" section. I don't want to have to look up that information and type into a transaction with the customer standing at the register. In the other app, I could do all of that when no one was in the store and save it as a ticket. Then when they come into the store, all I had to do was pull up the ticket and they were good to go. Same with special orders. I don't want to add inventory into Square, assign it a price, add the SKU, put it into a category, set the quantity, etc., if I'm not going to STOCK the item. So for special orders, I like to just type in the information under "Custom Amount," but I do like to notate the transaction under "Quantity and Notes" with the title and SKU so I can look back and see what it was. I don't want to do that typing when a customer arrives, so I prefer to save it as a ticket. Now I can't do that.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 5.0/10

Alex C.
Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

The Only Way To Accept Payments For Small Business

Avaliado em 05/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I recommend using Square for small business purposes only. That being said, they have a wonderful option for POS.

Vantagens

The Square plugin was super easy to use and fit most devices. The application is simple and adjustments were easy to make changes to. Paperless receipts are the best way to go about transactions.

Desvantagens

The price was a little high for the software. Using the plugin had its disadvantages if you use a phone and that phone has a protective case. The application sometimes froze.

Shawn B.

Fantastic!

Avaliado em 17/11/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have been using this register for sometime now. I use it for all my transactions and even take it with me for fairs and markets. I do all my inventory with it and the barcode scanner it’s simple. I have low inventory alerts set up to remind me to reorder products. You can create a personalized customer file for each customer and track their sales. I have square loyalty which lets you set up a customer loyalty program to reward regular customers.

Vantagens

I love how it’s so easy to use and very user friendly. I have the Square Register which has a large screen for me and a small screen in the front for the customers transaction. It is easy to add inventory by name and barcode with the barcode scanner. You can set up alerts, and I can still use it for cash transactions. I have the cash drawer accessory so it opens as soon as soon as you complete cash sale. It is basically a very advanced and convenient cash register that isn’t large and bulky.

Desvantagens

The price is a little steep for small businesses. You can get the system that requires an iPad but I didn’t see the point. If you don’t have an iPad you have to purchase that in addition. I settled for the standalone register.

Chase M.
Setor: Serviços de Facilities

Great for entrepreneurs

Avaliado em 17/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

Vantagens

The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

Desvantagens

The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Julianne H.
Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos

Best POS system I've found

Avaliado em 14/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

As a small business owner, I would highly recommend Square over other services that have higher fees and monthly charges. It's easy to use and I almost never experience glitches, so customer service isn't even needed that much.

Vantagens

Despite what I wrote in my "cons", this really is the best software I've found for card sales for my company. Most of them charge you a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of every sale, which thankfully is not the case with Square. It's very easy to use if you're not familiar with POS software. Customer service is also very easy to reach and quite friendly from my experience.

Desvantagens

Unfortunately, you have to buy their most expensive software to only have 2.4% taken out from every credit card purchase. Otherwise, you'll be charged more. I know that's just how POS systems are... but it's too bad we are charged a percentage of every purchase to simply use their product, given it's not their money. I also wish there were more customization features available. I just used Quickbooks (which is compatible with Square) instead of Square itself to do all the customizing so I also didn't have to put Square advertisements on all of our receipts, which doesn't look very professional.

Joshua S.
Traduzir com Google

A great and easy way for receiving payments.

Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 05/07/2018

Vantagens

I really like how sleek, modern, and clean this method for receiving payment works. It has a very modern GUI, with large clear numbers and values as opposed to the majority of credit card readers that have much more pixelated appearances and significantly smaller font sizes in comparison. Also, the ease of the option of signing when required with a finger on a touchscreen device is better than the alternatives available today such as signing with a physical pen or a stylus for digital screens. These features save time at checkout which in turn increases efficiency, and as my time is very valuable to me, I greatly appreciate these factors that contribute to the ease of use.

Desvantagens

While there is not much to dislike, I have noticed that sometimes cards are not read as easily with this software at times. While this is perhaps more a function of the hardware used to swipe or scan credit or debit cards, I have noted a bit of a trend with this when using Square with certain cards while performing with other card types have been flawless. This makes me suspicious if it is related to a software issue. Otherwise, I have no complaints about Square.

Elizabeth R.

Square Payments Processing is a good credit card processing system

Avaliado em 16/10/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Square is very convenient specially attending off-site events. We were able to get it up and going at any time. Other Points of Sales software is very clunky when it comes to a mobile application. Because of the versatility and ease of use, we do recommend it for small businesses.

Vantagens

Square is a payment processing system with supporting systems such as Point of Sale. We initially did the trial period to determine if it meets our requirements. It was very user-friendly and easy to use. The training was easy for the staff. If we had any issues, customer support from Square was always available. Sometimes we did have a short wait, but issues were always resolved.

Desvantagens

Square didn't have a many features as other Point of Sales software. Reporting and analytics were pretty limited. The software did have some, but not as much as we needed.

Support was available, but sometimes we had to wait to get help.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 7.0/10

Chace C.
Setor: Animação
Traduzir com Google

Square is the catalyst to making my passion have value.

Avaliado em 02/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I am a freelance graphic artist. I use this software to make it easy to put value in my art. I now have the easiest way to my a living on my work anywhere I am or will be. Overall wonderful experience.

Vantagens

The most favorable feature in using square is its simplicity. In less than 10 minutes I was all set up with full understanding of how the software worked. It was quick and clean and practically effortless. When I was all finished I couldn’t believe it I said “ wow, really? That’s it? I’m done?” Great interface with extremely user-friendly and modern design.

Desvantagens

I honestly have no complaints. I have yet to run into any bugs or performance issues. Which, when there’s money involved is hard to come across and a very crucial detail. I had to speak with an operator one time and that was a fault entirely of my own and was user-friendly and convenient. He was helpful and the issue was rectified within minutes. Sorry but really can’t say a bad thing yet.

Jackie J.
Traduzir com Google

Easy to use for all people

Avaliado em 05/12/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We need to be able to track which massage therapist saw which client, and with the notes section, we are able to do so with ease. We can also track commission on products that way making sure no transaction gets left behind. We also use square for our payroll. Having it all linked to one account is great!

Vantagens

Square was very easy to navigate. It has many options to customize the software to fit any business’s needs. You can write a custom note about each transaction, making it easy to review the register at the end of the day.

Desvantagens

I haven’t ran into any problems with the software. As a massage & wellness center, we often do events and need to take our ‘cash register’ with us. Square makes it easy using the same credit card reader for in house transactions or cell phones on the go. It is all tracked the same way.

Tahnee E.
Traduzir com Google

Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!

Avaliado em 09/08/2017

Vantagens

I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

Desvantagens

The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.

Maddie E.
Traduzir com Google

Square for small business retail

Avaliado em 22/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Square was a cheap way for me to reach a larger demographic of people at the markets, it adds to my business's professionalism and I would recommend it to anyone.

Vantagens

I love the convenience of swiping a card, I love that it pays out quickly (far quicker than over my website) and it keeps peoples information from past square interactions they've done so you can send them a receipt.

Desvantagens

I would love to have an offline setting so it could save the cards and charge when you reconnect. I don't always have a connection at the markets I'm working. I'm working currently with the smallest square phone connection so I also look forward to updating to the version that accepts debit cards too

Avaliador Verificado
Setor: Publicidade e marketing
Traduzir com Google

A great tool for any small business

Avaliado em 15/08/2018

Vantagens

Both interfaces are very easy to use. There are many features to make your business look professional, like sending receipts via email and text and asking for feedback after a transaction. Adding line items is very easy, which is convenient for businesses that are changing prices or items frequently.

Desvantagens

As much as I love this product it could definitely still use some tweaking. The biggest complaint is the fact that you are forced to buy multiple card readers for your iPad because they stop reading cards after a while which subsequently forces you to enter the card manually which you are then charged more money for.

Elena P.
Setor: Organização cívica e social
Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários
Traduzir com Google

Calling All Scout Troop Leaders: Square is great for your booth sales! (and other small businesses)

Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 05/12/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I'm a Girl Scout Troop leader, and using Square has revolutionized our cookie booth sales. Now when someone says they don't have cash, we can give them the option to pay with a card,w which has gotten us a tom of sales we would otherwise have messed out on. We make a tiny margin on cookie sales as a troop, but Square's charges are so reasonable that it still works out very much to our benefit to use it. I highly recommend it for any kind of booth-style vendor, whether you're a troop, a church holding a bake sale or rummage sale, or a small business person vending at farmers' markets and craft fairs.

Vantagens

Super easy to set up, easy to process payments, easy to generate receipts, and easy to track sales. Plus it's a very reasonable cost and lets you be much more accessible as a seller - no more juggling tons of loose cash!

Desvantagens

It can sometimes be glitchy, and obviously only works if there's a good internet connection. I had some initial problems with my chip reader that forced me to hand-enter a lot of cards, which is time consuming. But on the plus side, that option exists for when there's a problem with the reader.

Jessica W.
Traduzir com Google

Simple to use, good interface

Avaliado em 16/05/2018

Vantagens

Its very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers.
They are continuing evolving and adding new features.

Desvantagens

Wish there was a way to take a deposit for future orders (placed online or on the phone) so the sales are applied to the date they are picked not the day we take the payment. For advance orders, available pick up times are based on your hours of operations. Wish we could limit that depending on what is being ordered.

Lynn F.
Setor: Construção
Traduzir com Google

Square for Retail is the easiest I have ever used.

Avaliado em 25/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This product is perfect for my needs. Works exactly as described on their website and support (if needed) is immediate and complete. Use with confidence.

Vantagens

Very easy to use. Quick email confirmation / almost instant at times. Fast turn around when actually getting the money into my bank account. I use it A LOT for credit card purchases over the phone (no card present). Yes, the fees are about .5% higher but always very FAST and very Reliable.

Desvantagens

Nothing. I only use the remote card swiper when at a seminar or speaking engagement.

Tammy W.
Traduzir com Google

Square for Retail makes life simplier

Avaliado em 22/10/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Square enables me to be able to sell remote without having to add pricey equipment.

Vantagens

We have used Square in our retail location for over 2 years now. We also utilize the system for mobile sales. We love being able to use one system for both. Square doesn't require extensive training and is self explanatory.

Desvantagens

I would love to be able to text our customers to broadcast announcements, sales, etc. This is currently not an option which requires us to have additional third party software.

Matt B.
Traduzir com Google

One of my core software solutions

Avaliado em 10/07/2018

Vantagens

I use Square almost daily for my coffee roasting company. Its easy to use, easy to train others to use, and easy to customize for my ever changing inventory.

Desvantagens

Sometimes I wish the Square app had the same functionality as the Square website. For example, invoices are easier to work with on the web vs. working with them on the app. You can't print invoices from the app, yet you can from the web interface. Just little things like that. Not huge, but minor annoyances.

Van G.
Setor: Automotivo

Clean And Easy

Avaliado em 21/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Square is great because it is universally recognized and people are comfortable using it to pay now. Overall the setup has been generally easy and straightforward. I'd definitely recommend it to any small business friends.

Vantagens

Super easy to use. Every kind of report that you can want is available.

Desvantagens

I wish that the fee was a bit lower. The switch to a blue tooth card reader has been interesting. 1/10 times that I try and connect it takes extra time which is a pain if the customer is there waiting.

Devora F.
Setor: Clínica de saúde mental
Porte da empresa: 5.001-10.000 funcionários

Square improved my business

Avaliado em 10/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

My overall experience is beyond satisfactory. This software is a mus for any business. Quick and easy to use and works without any glitches.

Vantagens

The software is user friendly, quick and easy. I love their simple and straight forward layout. They literally contributed to my business growing!!!!

Desvantagens

I can't think of any negative thing to say, except at the beginning I had some problems that turned out to do with poor internet connection.

James A.
Setor: Alimentação e bebidas
Traduzir com Google

Easy to get started and expand as you grow!

Avaliado em 31/10/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Outstanding overall. Square is super reliable and user friendly.

Vantagens

I like how easy it is to create a great looking online storefront. Clean and simple design options, easy to add/delete items, keep track of inventory, and an endless list of benefits!

Desvantagens

It is limited as far as page layout and imagery! The gift card function is not displayable on the product pages... or if it is I've not yet figured it out.