Square for Retail

POS & inventory management for retail businesses

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app

399 avaliações

Jimmy H.
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Square Keeps us operating every single day

Avaliado em 10/12/2021

I have been happy over-all with square as they seem to be the leader at least in my industry and have used them even longer as a guitar teacher and studio owner.

Vantagens

It is easy to set up and use. It is affordable and the customers never have a problem with it.

Desvantagens

I wish they took bitcoin and the square terminal has quite a few quirks that should be worked out before charging that much.

Nicola C.
  • Setor: Entretenimento
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Easy solution for taking payment

Avaliado em 25/03/2021

Square has made it so easy to run the retail side of my business along with saving me a ton of money on fees my old bank charged for credit card processing.

Vantagens

In the past I've used traditional forms of credit card accepting machines and software provided by my bank. Very expensive and cumbersome. Square has made accepting credit cards cost effective and very easy. The retail setup has made keeping inventory easy along with sorting out sales taxes. The advantage of using AP on phone when not in store is extremely helpful and again very easy to use.

Desvantagens

No real cons, If I were to get picky I'd say initial set up takes a bit of time but nothing really worth complaining about.

PayPal

Razões para escolher o Square for Retail

Cost was much better with square, speed of deposits was better with Square and customer service is better with Square.

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

No one offered all that Square did for the price.
Edgar R.
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

Small business turned Large with Square

Avaliado em 11/01/2022

Square has helped my business scale to greater heights, more than I could have imagined. The POS is a great addition. My favorite feature is the management of customers, receipts, and automated thank you messages. If I was not using Square but ran into someone using it, I would surely be jumping ship.

Vantagens

Square is free and easy to maneuver. With no experience, Square appointments made it easy to start my business and manage it. Customers can book on the platform and I can manage appointments and inventory, as well as run my website.

Desvantagens

Square is easily the first choice for anyone trying to start a business. However, some features may seem a challenge to access without any guidance or guide. An example is learning about taxes being applied the first time I used the POS system. Coincidentally, the party I was conducting business with was a tax-exempt business and I had no idea how to bypass the tax.

Melanie A.
  • Setor: Serviços de eventos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

They Allow Fraud and Theft

Avaliado em 18/05/2021

Horrible experience. Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square:
Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause
Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos
A chain of her emails, including an email after her event thanking us for job well done
Despite this proof and legally binding contract, Square sided with her and removed the funds from my account. I had to sit with my bank to file a dispute with Square, put a hold on all charges by Square, and start using an entirely different payment processor just to avoid Square stealing my money.

Absolute fraud.

Vantagens

People understand how to use it, so it's widely accepted as a valid method of payment and no one is nervous about using it (they should be!)

Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause
Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos

Absolute fraud.

Itzak L.
  • Setor: Esportes
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Perfect POS for small business owners

Avaliado em 28/10/2021

Incredibly user friendly, nicely designed interface and overall no issues.

Vantagens

Square pretty much takes all the leg work out of setting up a POS system for any business, but I'll speak specifically as a small business owner.
-If you're a first time small business owner, save yourself the headache and just go with Square; you might be able to get a lower merchant fees rate with another service, but then you have to deal with the hassle of setting up a separate POS register, possibly a separate app you'd have to setup on an iPad if that's what you plan to use, setting up the merchant account, etc. With Square, it's all wrapped into one easy setup.
-Easy to setup on an iPad, create a catalog of items to sell and process payments
-The item catalog screen is very user friendly and customizable
-Doing refunds is easy
-Reports are incredibly easy to run
-Square integrates with QuickBooks online, so it's been seamless to link all my Square sales to my accounting books and makes my tax filings much more accurate
-Creating invoices is also easy and gives a professional look to my invoice emails
-Ability to create forms that require signature, so no need for another digital signature service (unless you need more details, see Cons below)

Desvantagens

-I wish you could have the same virtual terminal on the iPad on desktop as well. There have been times when my iPad crapped out and had to use my laptop, and it's not the same experience.
-If you're using the signature service for forms that you need to send out, it only records the signature itself and nothing else. Either it's a user error on my part, or they need to update it, but it needs more customization.

Trincell S.
  • Setor: Serviços ao consumidor

Easy Sales and Storefeont

Avaliado em 30/07/2021

I was the one assisting a friend with setting up her storefront while working on mine as well. Through mine I invoiced to accept payment for items on hand or orders personally placed with me.

Vantagens

User friendly platform to load your storefront with products. Present templates that are also customizable to your liking. Integration of an inventory model to track what you have left on hand.

Desvantagens

Have a plan for your products of offering multiple size and/or color options before entering on the site. It's much harder to edit and change the categories once it's set. Know what your page intent is as well ahead of schedule.

Samsung Pay, PayPal Zettle, Venmo e PayPal

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

Added alternative means for my customers to pay and shop.
Laura B.
  • Setor: Entretenimento
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

The best Point of Purchase credit card processing

Avaliado em 29/07/2021

I am very pleased with Square overall. Compact size, quick processing, and all of my customers are comfortable using it.

Vantagens

There are so many great features with the Square for retail. The ease of use is at the top of my list. It hooks up with my phone and never misses a beat.

Desvantagens

I have not had any issues using this software. Even when I dont have a signal, it keeps the transaction in que and processes it when a signal is present.

Savannah T.
  • Usado Mensal durante Avaliação gratuita

Square for Retail

Avaliado em 31/07/2021

I love Square and have had a great overall experience with them. Customer service is great and there's TONS of online help if you need helping finding something or directions.

Vantagens

I love how convenient it is to have this POS system for our business. We're able to set it up on the go and really able to make our customers feel comfortable giving us their credit/debit cards for processing payments. It's fast and great for our business

Desvantagens

You need an internet connection for this POS system and it's not super cheap. However, the pros definitely out way any cons about this POS system.

Jay M.

Payments on the go!

Avaliado em 10/01/2022

Bang for buck this wins hands down and I recommend it for everyone, no more big expensive machines to carry around

Vantagens

Running a hire company, receiving payments on delivery is required on a daily, the square system is amazing can keep in your pocket and works every time. build quality is important it’s been dropped a few times and still works fine, also charge life is awesome, only needs charging every few months!

Desvantagens

Fees, but you get fees with any eftpos option, bonus here is no monthly fee

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Música
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano

Avaliado em 11/01/2022

Fantastic - especially no monthly bills which means seasonal creatives can pop in and out with using it!

Vantagens

Ease of use - Brand recognition by customers too - it's the 'go to' square and people know they can trust it, swipe it and ease of getting a receipt. Never had one complaint!

Desvantagens

Reliance on wifi/mobile access- like all cloud based technology doesn't make it 100% reliable but that's the gamble. I found the website very cumbersome to set up.

Caleb H.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Square Retail works great but the customer service is terrible

Avaliado em 17/01/2020

Overall it has been a great tool and finding a better solution has been tough. I have checked numerous POS systems and I end up just staying with square. I wish they would update there new register system like the retail app. I also wish they had better customer service. Without fail every time I have contacted square they say they will have to look further into the situation and contact me back but they never do. It has happen every time I have contacted square.

Vantagens

The software is great to do all transactions, returns and exchanges. I like the fact that it prints a barcode at the bottom of the receipt so when a customer comes back for a return we just scan the bottom of the receipt and the transaction pops right up.

Desvantagens

I end up getting the new square register in hope that it would act just like the retail app for the Ipad. The fact is that square won't update the new register. It has no exchange option like the Ipad app does and you end up needing to set up both the Ipad and register. Square has known about this issue for years now. You can see the complaints on the square forum page. Square also does not have a spot for barcodes so you end up having to put your barcodes in the sku spots. The loyalty point system also has some problems. When you do a return it doesn't automatically take points back from the customer account.

Shopify POS, Epos Now e eHopper

Software anterior

Shopify POS, Epos Now e eHopper

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

These other products lacked to many other features that I couldn't make the switch. It had a lot to do with the rewards program and the back office software.
David Y.
  • Setor: Editoras

A Useful Solution for your eCommerce Needs

Avaliado em 22/08/2019

Overall I am pleased with Square because, for my business at least, it covers most of my needs. Set up could not be easier. Simply log-in to the application and begin creating store items. You can even allocate a low inventory alert so that you will always know if your inventory supplies are dwindling. It's very easy to assign a bank account to Square and the approval process, unlike some eCommerce providers, is almost instantaneous. Setting up the seller page is also easy and Square offers a variety of templates to choose from. No programming knowledge is needed and the page is largely WYSIWYG, so there are no surprises. The site displays well across PCs, tables, and phones.

Vantagens

Square for Retail enables you to easily create an online eCommerce store, list your products, and sell them. It's quite simple to use, and this is perhaps what is the best reason to use Square. It is particularly useful for small businesses trying to build sales via social media and other online avenues. At the same time, it is useful for brick-and-mortar stores as well. While I use it for online sales, several of my colleagues use Square in their stores.

Desvantagens

A big drawback is that Square (as of the writing of this review) is unable to process payments from outside the United States. Thus, if you anticipate worldwide sales, Square may not be the best solution for your business. A second drawback is that it can be difficult to reach a live customer service representative. Unlike most companies, in which one simply phones in for service, Square requires that you first create a trouble ticket (at which point you will be assigned a case number). You then use the case number when phoning customer service. It's not horrible but in today's business world it's kind of annoying and time consuming. Square also lacks live online help, which is another downside.

Janet M.

Great Point of sale system

Avaliado em 13/09/2020

Awesome and after using two other point of sale systems we have had no issues with the system going down. Very reliable.

Vantagens

Easy to use! Download the App and get setup. I just recently bought their Square Register and it is awesome. Customer service will help you get the right APP for your business.

Desvantagens

Been using their credit card device for well over a year and have never had any issues. There isn’t one thing i don’t like.

Shopify

Razões para escolher o Square for Retail

Terrible customer service, terrible app and so many issues with their credit card equipment going down.

Software anterior

Lightspeed Retail

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

Worked best for my business, and has so many options. Marketing, payroll, loyalty etc.
Coree C.
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!

Avaliado em 18/11/2019

When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

Vantagens

I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

Desvantagens

I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

Craig G.
  • Setor: Roupa e moda

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Square is a great payment platform for retail stores.

Avaliado em 12/05/2019

This system works great for pop-ups and retail stores. You can also track what you sell and square sends you emails when you are low on products. We will continue to use Square

Vantagens

How simple it is to set up. You know exactly how much you are being charged. There is no hidden extra add ons. Square updated the os, so now if your customer wants to return 1 item and they purchased two, you just pull up the item and hit return.

Desvantagens

Just make sure you do all the updates for square and os system for any pad you are using. We use an Ipad and it works great! Not much to not like.

Cloverleaf

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

I liked the way it looked. Especially when it was paired with Apple products. Most importantly it was easy to use. This made it very easy to train our employees.
Daniel E.
  • Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

Excellent Software with Hardware Shortcomings

Avaliado em 29/04/2021

Overall, Square for Retail is a powerful software that allows you to take sales portably with a very small footprint. However, the hardware has catching up to do.

Vantagens

Square easily handles transactions for our church book stall. It provides up-to-date inventory and online reporting for tax purposes. You can easily add sales, promotions, and other tailor-made functions.

Desvantagens

What I like least about this software is the hardware. We utilize the Square Terminal, which was attractive as a portable register in that it takes credit cards via swipe and chip, but also prints receipts. The optional scanner is even nicer to use. However, for the scanner to work, the terminal must be plugged into an outlet, which robs it of its portable nature. Additionally, adding inventory via the Terminal is cumbersome and slow. Imagine typing in inventory titles using a small smart phone that is slower than a smart phone.

Clover

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

Square for Retail was a more reputable brand with better rates via the Terminal and had more attractive hardware in its Terminal product.
Marc M.

Daily User

Avaliado em 25/09/2020

Totally love it. i'm happy with the features, and I'm sure that by being well funded I will continue to see new features come up, unlike software I previously used that wasn't as well funded.

Vantagens

I enjoy easily keeping track of my customer's info, including the ability to create my own custom fields and also group customers. These features make it easy for me to note a history with a customer, aside from just their purchases. Grouping customers allows me to enter a location, find the group of customers there, and know everyones name as a result of this reference

Desvantagens

I wish it were easier to transfer my client lest from other software, but thats the nature of software I guess.

Mayela L.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

The simplest payment processing system

Avaliado em 29/08/2019

I have a small a small business and the square software works well for my needs

Vantagens

The software is very easy to install. The pairing of the software with either the magstripe or the contactless reader is quite fast. Processing payments is a breeze and both readers can be used on the go or a set location.

Desvantagens

I don’t have any problems with the software itself. It would be nice to have a better rate for card processing.

ClinicSense, Quickbooks Online e PayPal Zettle

Razões para escolher o Square for Retail

I was unsatisfied with the service and the fees paid

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

I liked the fact that there was not contract or installation fees. Also there is no monthly or retal fees. The equipment is inexpensive.
Kathryn B.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Awesome Product

Avaliado em 26/08/2019

Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

Vantagens

I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Desvantagens

Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

Stripe

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

Square was so much easier to use.
Nate F.
  • Setor: Música
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

I have mixed feelings. I like the look/feel of the old app better. It seemed more user...

Avaliado em 09/08/2017

Vantagens

I like the ability to transfer inventory from one store to another. I like the ability to have employees clock-in/clock-out to keep track of pay and what items a specific employee sells. I like the ability to adjust quantities from the app instead of just the dashboard.

Desvantagens

I don't like that I can't view another store's inventory from the app. Very often, I find myself saying, "We don't have that in-stock here, but I know it's in-stock at our other location." It'd be very helpful to be able to type in an item and view quantity in-stock for all locations. I also HATE that there are not "tickets" available anymore. I own a music store that offers instrument repairs and we also have special orders. For instrument repairs - the amount is variable depending on what needs done and I also notate the transaction with the instrument type, brand, serial number - what parts were used, and what was done under the "Quantity and Notes" section. I don't want to have to look up that information and type into a transaction with the customer standing at the register. In the other app, I could do all of that when no one was in the store and save it as a ticket. Then when they come into the store, all I had to do was pull up the ticket and they were good to go. Same with special orders. I don't want to add inventory into Square, assign it a price, add the SKU, put it into a category, set the quantity, etc., if I'm not going to STOCK the item. So for special orders, I like to just type in the information under "Custom Amount," but I do like to notate the transaction under "Quantity and Notes" with the title and SKU so I can look back and see what it was. I don't want to do that typing when a customer arrives, so I prefer to save it as a ticket. Now I can't do that.

Janna W.
  • Setor: Artes e artesanato

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Square is super easy and I love it.

Avaliado em 02/04/2020

Overall, it's awesome, super easy to use and I love it.

Vantagens

I love how easy it was to start taking credit cards and to use Square as my POS. It syncs to my accounting software automatically and keeps track of all my products, invoices and charges.

Desvantagens

There isn't an automatic section for shipping and I have to add it manually as its own category. Not sure why they haven't built this into their invoicing platform yet even though so many people have asked about this.

Alex C.
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

The Only Way To Accept Payments For Small Business

Avaliado em 05/08/2019

I recommend using Square for small business purposes only. That being said, they have a wonderful option for POS.

Vantagens

The Square plugin was super easy to use and fit most devices. The application is simple and adjustments were easy to make changes to. Paperless receipts are the best way to go about transactions.

Desvantagens

The price was a little high for the software. Using the plugin had its disadvantages if you use a phone and that phone has a protective case. The application sometimes froze.

Venmo

Razões para mudar para o Square for Retail

The popularity among companies meant ease of use.
Shawn B.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Fantastic!

Avaliado em 17/11/2019

I have been using this register for sometime now. I use it for all my transactions and even take it with me for fairs and markets. I do all my inventory with it and the barcode scanner it’s simple. I have low inventory alerts set up to remind me to reorder products. You can create a personalized customer file for each customer and track their sales. I have square loyalty which lets you set up a customer loyalty program to reward regular customers.

Vantagens

I love how it’s so easy to use and very user friendly. I have the Square Register which has a large screen for me and a small screen in the front for the customers transaction. It is easy to add inventory by name and barcode with the barcode scanner. You can set up alerts, and I can still use it for cash transactions. I have the cash drawer accessory so it opens as soon as soon as you complete cash sale. It is basically a very advanced and convenient cash register that isn’t large and bulky.

Desvantagens

The price is a little steep for small businesses. You can get the system that requires an iPad but I didn’t see the point. If you don’t have an iPad you have to purchase that in addition. I settled for the standalone register.

Chase M.
  • Setor: Serviços de Facilities

Great for entrepreneurs

Avaliado em 17/09/2019

It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

Vantagens

The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

Desvantagens

The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Instalações e serviços de lazer
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Square for Outdoor Retail Transactions

Avaliado em 21/02/2020

Square is accessible with a low entry cost and it allows users to get into the point-of-sale with credit cards easily. Per transaction cost is expensive. Now that certain banks offer the same buffering that Square does (at one time, Square was one of only a few), I believe I would have been better off selecting a local bank to work with that has a lower per transaction fee. However, for me, the customer service really is the downfall of Square. While everything is working, all is good. Once a problem arises, it becomes dicey.

Vantagens

If you are in an outdoor recreational type of business, Square works well because it does not require internet to complete a transactions. It's buffering capabiity provides 72 hours of time between a transaction and when it must be connected to the internet to "send" the transaction . This allowed us work near a riverbank where internet was not available and still accept credit cards. This was hugely important.

Desvantagens

On one occasion, we had a transaction which billed double on the customer's credit card yet we only received payment once. Her bank directed her to us. Square's customer service was dismal. I ended up just eating the $150 transaction vs. attempting to work with them. Had I used a local bank, I think this would have been resolved with much more ease.