Avaliações do Esticom

Esticom

Cloud-based takeoff & electrical estimating software

4.6/5 (56 avaliações)

A Better Way to Estimate

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall the experience has been good. We are still in the process of dialing in all our labor costs and work times, but think the system will really shine once we get everything tested and adjusted.

It would be nice to be able to estimate using more than one labor rate as well. Many times we will have 3-4 different pay rates for employees on a job and it's not always simple to average. Having those pay rates/labor costs by task might work well in those situations.

Vantagens

Esticom is very straightforward and intuitive. For a structured cabling business like ours, it couldn't be easier to place cable runs, supports, and mark our drops.

Desvantagens

There are a few functions missing that would make it easier for us to use. One is the lack of a linear with drop only at the ends of the run. Instead it adds drops at every turn. Second is not being able to add temporary items on the estimating page. We have many items that we use but do not want in our catalog. Having to return to takeoff mode to add them is time consuming, especially if there are a lot of individual items we need for a project.

Lastly, I have had one issue where my drawing rotated under my takeoff. When I tried to rotate the drawing back, I was told I could not because it was being used in a takeoff. Since I was not too deep in the process I just started over. Can't imagine how bummed I'd be if this happened after spending hours or more on a takeoff.

Traduzir com Google

I can finally stop looking.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

After searching for estimating software for almost 5 years, installing trial software, talking with tech support, even hiring a programmer to build our own system, the hunt ended with Esticom. Getting the system up and running was a breeze and my company now has a uniform database to build estimates from.

Vantagens

The ability to simply enter lines of product and adjust all elements across the board: unit costs, markup, labor hours and difficulty factors are the stand out elements! Finding software that accomplishes this simple but tedious (if using Excel) task has changed our company's workflow.

Desvantagens

First and foremost this software is for estimating purposes. It dabbles in the process of automatically creating a quote to send to customers but lacks the customizability to make it your own. (In contrast to the many variables you can manipulate on the estimating side.) For now my team continues to use Word to provide our scopes of work with our personalized touch.

Traduzir com Google

You get "more" than you pay for

Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 17/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Esticom has offered us a great option to push out more quotes. It is very cost effective for us. We did not need one of the big box sells that had ongoing costs, we needed something that would allow us to figure out "what" we needed without being locked into something. Not only did Esticom offer that, but I think it did meet our needs, and at this point in time, I am not interested in looking at any other products. I am very happy with Esticom.

Vantagens

The software is simple. It is a great set-up for a small business. The customer service is very hands on. You get a real person every time and they do a good job of helping explain things. There is not a charge for training. If there is something you are struggling with they seem genuinely concerned on making the software the best it can be for you.

Desvantagens

It would be nice if we could customize some of the costs and if there were a couple more options with the quote set-up when it goes to the customer. It is time consuming for us (we are electrical contractors) to try to find "specific costs" for wire and other things. They have a lot of templates, but a lot of them are based on nationwide pricing.

Esticom Value and Innovation

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have worked with several staff members, all our professional. They have taken our ideas and worked hard to accommodate our reporting and functional needs. You will not see that form of out of the box thinking from many other developers.

Vantagens

The team and I appreciated the ease of use. It has significant power to perform all the required work of the larger more expensive packages, but still gives you the flexibility to make it a custom fit for you.

Desvantagens

Only cloud based at this moment. I hope in future releases they will issue a server based stand alone platform for our secure projects.

EstiCom for Telecom Estimating

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

EstiCom has been a great add to our business. The catalog feature keeps our quotes consistent, and the efficiencies it brings to the table have allowed us to increase the number of quotes each Estimator can send in a given time frame!

Vantagens

This software is affordable and cloud-based, so my team can access it from anywhere they have an internet connection. It's user-friendly, comprehensive and professional. The stock catalogs are also very helpful.

Desvantagens

While the cloud-based software offers many benefits, it can also be a drawback if you need to be able to access your quotes while you're offline (such as in-flight or in a remote area). You're also at the mercy of the development team when you see functions/formats that could use an update, and when the software is updated (since updates are not optional).

Brief review of Esticom

Avaliado em 08/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have had nothing but great experiences with the team at Esticom, every call and email have been answered promptly and most of my questions were easy to implement the solution for.

Vantagens

Esticom has saved us a tremendous amount of time in our estimating process. With having auto-count and linear average I can get most plans done in minutes instead of hours now.

Desvantagens

It took a little bit to dial in the percentages and cost for products in our area but now that that is done I only review costs with my vendors when they tell me their is going to be a change.

Traduzir com Google

Esticomm Saves You Time and Improves Accuracy!

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I use it to prepare my larger quotes for the reasons I mentioned. I am happy with the current performance and look forward to continued improvements.

Vantagens

It saves me money from not having to print tons of project plans and then storing them. Esticomm saves me time by insuring I get accurate counts and distances the first time! Plus I can work from the office, at the job site or at home, which I prefer not to do, because all my files are on their site.

Desvantagens

Esticomm does a good job of constantly upgrading the software and making improvements. There are minor improvements I would make to the functionality of the software but they usually end up doing that automatically.

Esticom

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have enjoyed using this estimating program and would recommend it for any Teledata contractor.

Vantagens

This program is user friendly and cost effective. Your customer data base can be uploaded into the system. Your existing parts data base can also be upload into the system. The engineers at Esticom are responsive and timely in considering your input and incorporating changes to the program.

Desvantagens

Your can not search by quote number or customer name on a quote

Traduzir com Google

Excellent Software tool for project design and estimation

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Esticom did a great job of working with us to solve a very complex problem of engineers utilizing different platforms to design our systems. This makes our work seamless, shareable, and gives us the ability to create redundancy with our system designs.

Vantagens

It is very nice to be able to scale a map with ease either utilizing the common scale option or drawing a line as a measurement. Additionally, Esticom's team is fantastic about working directly with you to make the software suitable for your project type. It makes estimation and design easy when you have one centralized platform to work with.

Desvantagens

I have no current complaints to speak of.

Traduzir com Google

Esticom Software pone of the best

Avaliado em 06/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I am a low voltage estimator and have several customers. It is flexible enough for me to have all the various assemblies, rates, parts and reports that I can export out to my customers. In my opinion it is one of the easiest and most flexible low voltage software products on the market today.

Vantagens

The ease of use mainly. After a few quick tutorials I was able to start doing my take-offs on screen. I created assemblies that made the job much faster and accurate.

Desvantagens

I have to go to the Estimating page to create or add parts and assemblies. It would be nice if I could enter them from the take-off page. Minor change but would help out with the speed of take-offs.

Traduzir com Google

Definitely makes my job easier

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Great, 9/10 would recommend. Executive was very responsive and the price is super reasonable.

Vantagens

Being able to quickly and fairly accurately count, label, measure and itemize a project without having to print the plans, wait on the plotter or waste the paper. GUI is intuitive, streamlined and quick to use.

Desvantagens

My only wish is to be able to save a template and apply it after I've started a project. I haven't gotten around to asking if that's an option but so far as I can tell, you have to copy a previous job or template and apply it before you create the project or upload plans.

Personal review of Esticom

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

My experience has been very positive. The speed and accuracy of the program is impressive.

Vantagens

I like the fact that it has on screen takeoff and auto count.
It is easy to creat the assemblies that I use most.
It has a very complete parts list.

Desvantagens

You can't delete a single item after an auto count.
When using the estimating section, the excel sheet will only show so many digits. Often this isn't enough for wire.

Esticom Review

Avaliado em 14/05/2019

Very good

Vantagens

Ease of use-the software is very user friendly

Desvantagens

I would like to be able to add shipping as extra at the bottom similar to sales tax-we order a lot of fixtures that require shipping and customer likes t see it broken out

Awesome Product for Predictive DAS Designs

Usado Outro durante 6 a 12 meses
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Great and easy-to-use software, which allows my Sales Engineers to more-easily get their perspective projects done much quicker than before. Takes the guesswork out of the equation and definitely helps our customers understand precise needs for their installations. We enjoy working with the staff at Esticom and appreciate the support they lend to us, also.

Vantagens

It's very similar to other DAS design software programs I've used, where it scales and measures a link budget as a design is being worked on. Very simple to use and makes going from Microsoft Visio a very easy decision.

Desvantagens

It would be great if our products were incorporated into the software, similar to .vex files in iBwave, so that a proper Bill Of Materials could then be created based on the design. Otherwise, a great product.

Project Help

Avaliado em 14/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We were marking up plans with a pen and a highlighter prior to getting esticom so this made that process much easier

Vantagens

Esticom has made quoting jobs much easier. The tool loads quickly and if you take the time to setup your assemblies it makes quoting jobs very easy.

Desvantagens

The scale can be thrown off if the plans were printed via PDF

Great product!

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It's been absolutely fantastic and I've really had no big issues with it.

Vantagens

Its super simple and makes life a whole lot easier to bid these big jobs!

Desvantagens

I couldn't really find much that's to horrible about the product... Had many products already and some stuff just needed to be added which was super simple!

Esticom Cloud Estimating

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have NO regrets! Their development team is very responsive and open to input. They are constantly making improvements.

Vantagens

I love that it is in the cloud and accessible from anywhere. It also integrates with Zapier!

Desvantagens

Is lacking some customization options. I wish I could change logo sizes or layout of the bid.

Traduzir com Google

Very good. But could grow into better

Avaliado em 11/05/2019

Responsive tech support. Easy setup

Vantagens

Takeoff is fairly easy. Accurate. A time saver.

Desvantagens

Has some cumbersome aspects. Grouping could be easier. The estimates are fine. But a better interface for cost/profit and The ability to export cost reports and part numbers would be fantastic.

6.0/10

Esticom Review

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Esticom allows us to do more takeoffs in less time. This is great because many programs out there are not geared to Structured Cabling and this is. It made my job and those of my estimators so much easier. Our time to push out takeoffs have been improved by 87% and counting.

Vantagens

I love the ease of use and how easy it is to teach team members to use the system. Anyone can get up and running in under 2 hrs at a moderate level from zero experience. They have done an excellent job with making the program user friendly.

Desvantagens

There are features that the program lacks and it does not integrate with Autotask (our CRM). Hopefully it will in the near future.

Good bang for the buck

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It has given us a way to keep everything digital and increase our accuracy on counts.

Vantagens

The compiling of counts and bill of material creation. Along with scaling and doing linear runs.

Desvantagens

The lack of being able to input deduct alternates.

Makes it so simple

Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Saves us a tremendous amount of time doing takeoffs. It also allowed us to finally move towards a built in labor rate for materials. So everything is calculated as we go. So nice!

Vantagens

This was our first go at doing digital takeoffs and man, it really could not of been more simple. The workflow flows in line with our old paper ways of doing things so it was a natural transition. We can also blaze through a takeoff!

Desvantagens

Going digital and learning a new software was scary. But the team and support was there along the way. They never let us down and make sure we were using the software efficiently.

Great Telecom Estimating Software

Avaliado em 15/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Esticom has been great, there is some room for improvement and i would love to help collaborate with them. Having been in the telecom industry for over 20 years, and helped other companies create their own software i would be able to offer valuable insight.

Vantagens

I like that I can have a material database and organize them in a useful way.

Desvantagens

I do not like the fact that i cannot manually input man hours towards scopes of work, and that there are not customizable admin fields (travel charges, project management hours fields, shipping ect) where i can capture typical back end admin costs. It only allows percentages.

Best first impression

Avaliado em 17/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, I decided to go with Esticom over other products simply because it is tailored toward our specialty. The auto-count feature needs some work, but I can at least use it for clicking off the counts, and getting my cabling distances. I will have to figure out the rest, but so far it has been helpful.

Vantagens

It is user friendly. You don't have to spend a lot of time training to be able to jump right into a take-off.

Desvantagens

Beyond doing take-offs, it appears there would be a substantial amount of customization. If my company were to try and use this tool for estimating, it would require a LOT of data entry.

Traduzir com Google

Best low voltage software out there!

Avaliado em 22/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I'm actually suprised that we've found a estimating software that does EVERYTHING that we need it to do.

Vantagens

It's easy to use. We have gone from two to three days of putting together a bid to 2 to 3 hours. It's simple, clean interface, and the support is great. We've tested out 5 different softwares and this is #1 by far.
Oh and it's web based so feel free to access it from anywhere.

Desvantagens

so far so good. No complaints. You can tell that this was developed by a low voltage company.

Review of Esticom

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The Esticom cloud-based software has been a great addition to my team! Personally, it has made me more efficient when providing passive DAS proposals for my customers.

Vantagens

I have enjoyed how this software is so versatile. Also, this software has been extremely straightforward, scales floor plans, and has all of the icons that are needed for my job.

Desvantagens

The only complaint that I have had so far, is regarding not being able to duplicate (copy and paste) items to another page.