Avaliações do Hemlane

Hemlane

All-in-one leasing and property management solution

4.8/5 (52 avaliações)
Traduzir com Google

Great product for partial self-management on remote properties.

Avaliado em 07/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I own 21 properties, 30 doors. We experimented with 2 properties in Florida (I live in Utah) and we were very impressed at how well it worked. We have recently moved 2 more remote properties from Illinois and 2 from Tennessee. We would move all our Florida properties over if Hemlane had a larger footprint in Florida.

I also use their "simple" option for my local properties now which allows me to use there financial tools to collect rent and manage tenant needs w/o their local network of agents and full maintenance service.

It is a good tool for those that want to reduce program management cost and be a little more involved with the program management itself w/o being overwhelmed.

Vantagens

- Allows me to cut property management costs significantly while still having 3rd party property management tools at my disposal.
- Allows me the flexibility to choose how involved I want to be in the management process.
- Provides excellent financial tools and workflows to collect rent, handle late fees and pay team professionals online. All of which is automated.
- Fully handles maintenance requests from tenants where I have full visibility and can interact as needed.
- Handles tenant emergency calls.
- Provides a local network of quality leasing agents that I can work with on property turns. Has excellent advertisement workflows and capabilities. Just had my first turn under hemlane and it was excellent.
- The dashboard view and financial ledger are real time and easier to understand then monthly text reports from full property managers.
- Product keeps improving.

Desvantagens

- Some tenants had issues setting up automatic payments early on.
- Doesn't have a way to group properties.

Resposta do Hemlane

Thank you, Danny, for your review!
We sincerely appreciate it and look forward to continuing to work with you and expand our local agent partnerships to more regions for you.

Traduzir com Google

I could not have kept costs down and realized additional revenue without Hemlane!

Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 01/12/2017

Vantagens

I've owned an investment property for a number of years but I recently sold it to get into a better market closer to my home. I decided to manage the property myself. There were a few tips I picked up over the years from PM companies, but it's nothing like managing it yourself. The support staff did a one-time introductory tour of the product and I was off and running. The product is amazing! I was able to create the listing easily and seamlessly. With an intuitive UI I was able to filter and managed interested candidates. Hemlane also set up the showing information, which was incredibly helpful. I don't want to understate this feature. Our property was incredibly popular and there is no way we could have handled this process if it was not for Hemlane.

Once candidates uploaded their information, we submitted it for credit checks and received the report back in 24 hours. Crafting the lease agreement was seamless as well. They easily signed it and now all the lease documents are in a central location that is easily accessible with the click of a button.

The ongoing management is automated. Tenants pay through the system and if a tenant is late, Hemlane sends automated reminders. Also tenants can communicate with you through the system, which keeps your relationships professional with high tough service. I could not have kept costs down and realized additional cash without Hemlane!

Traduzir com Google

The Best Property Management Software For Real-Estate Investors and Entrepreneurs

Avaliado em 24/01/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Hemlane is a wonderful tech enabled property management solution for real-estate investors looking for a cloud based and client centric partner that allows them to streamline their operations, cut costs, and interface with tenants and vendors in a time efficient manner. Hemlane's software is intuitive and brings traditionally cumbersome and time consuming property management processes such as rent collection, vendor coordination and payment, and leasing in to a time efficient and seamless system enabled by a superior technology backed by a professional and responsive staff. Whether you are a small real-estate investor looking to self-manage passive income generating properties, or are a full time real-estate professional with an existing full service property management staff and large portfolio, Hemlane can help modernize and professionalize your property management processes.

Vantagens

Hemlane is intuitive, client centric, and I like that it is developed first for a cloud and mobile environment.

Desvantagens

I only hope that Hemlane keeps adding features I reccommend--they have been very receptive to client feedback, and work to incorporate both design and functional changes as they make iterative improvements to their platform, and build out the technology's capabilities.

Traduzir com Google

Best decision I have made since starting my own property management company this year!

Avaliado em 04/05/2018

Vantagens

Hemlane is the best kept secret in the property management software industry! I started my own property management company this year, and was shocked by what the larger property management software companies were asking on a monthly basis. Most of them stopped talking to me because I didn't have 500 properties on my hands. Hemlane allows me to set my own showing schedule, confirms showings automatically so I'm not wasting my valuable time, produces a totally seamless online application in screening process, allows me to simply transfer applicants into tenants with the push of a button, I can send and receive funds electronically from landlords / tenants / vendors without surcharges, and much more. Any other issues I've had with setting up my company through Hemlane has been resolved by rep within a matter of minutes. I could not recommend this company enough, especially if you're thinking about starting your own property management company.**** I have worked for large property management companies in the past that used some of the big-name software companies, and I know that the value cannot be beat****

Desvantagens

I wish that the 1099 feature came standard with the service. I have not had the software for more than a year, so in all fairness, I am assuming that all of my financial transactions on Hemlane will easily transfer to QuickBooks. I have not been disappointed By REP and her team yet!

Leasing Specialty

Avaliado em 02/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Excellent, the customer service has been outstanding. Also the ease of operation is great. A software these days shouldn't take weeks to master, and Hemlane is very easy to use and I feel I understand how to do things without calling or needing outside help.

Vantagens

The ease of use, the functions are all really easy and user friendly.

Desvantagens

The time it takes for payments to go through. Electronically should be faster than a check. If the tenants deposit a check it will take maximum7 days to fully clear their bank. If their hemlane electronic first payment takes up to 10 days to verify it is a deterrent for them to sign up for the maintenance program.

Resposta do Hemlane

Thank you Peter for your kind review! We sincerely appreciate you taking time to write about our services.

We enjoy working with you and look forward to continuing to enhance our features for you (especially the faster payout for rent)!

Traduzir com Google

Makes my life much easier

Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 10/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Mostly excellent! Their team is very responsive and supportive of any issues. They want YOU to succeed. They even helped me see that one of my units was underpriced and I ended up renting it out for $100/month more.

Vantagens

Hemlane makes it really easy for me to manage, collect and refund payments for tenants. I've been very pleased with that functionality and also the marketing automation. E.g. when you post a listing for a unit, it will automatically get posted on all the major sites where renters are looking. Then once people inquire, there is an automated e-mail response that encourages prospective tenants to fill out an application or reach out to the property contact with questions. I find this a very efficient way to manage dozens of inquiries when I post an availability and screen tenants efficiently. The application allows you to easily collect all the information for screening tenants in one place.

Desvantagens

The user interface could use improvement. I had to reach out to support with questions a few times to learn how it works. It's not as intuitive as it could be which has created more of a learning curve than I would have liked. Processing online payments takes longer than I'd like (3-4 days)- though honestly this is probably more the fault of the ACH Network rather than anything Hemlane has control over.

Resposta do Hemlane

Thanks Andrew for your review! We look forward to continuing to make the user experience the best in the industry! And we are happy to hear about the increased revenue with your rentals.

Highly recommend it

Avaliado em 18/01/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I moved for my job and left my property to OneRent for rental income. And then I had to fire them because of their poor performance and lack of communication. The transition was challenging not only because I was away, but also because OneRent won't cooperate. the founder was very patient & professional to handle all the issues and bring everything back into normal. While I was struggling with OneRent, I missed the chance to rent out my place, but she was able to find a good tenant after 3 showings.

There are a bit of work involved - filling a few forms and so on. But these are the things that any landlord would like to be involved or at least wants to know. There is absolute transparency in the process and the fee is substantially low. Most of all, Dana is very knowledgeable and fantastic at handling the issues.

One more thing - not sure if OneRent was trying to rip me off or if the price with Hemlane experts are reasonable. In any case, I got two quotes from these two property managers for the same job and Hemlane's quote is 40% lower than OneRent.

In all, I highly recommend hiring Hemlane - it is good to know what's going on and my property manager has my back.

Vantagens

Transparency on the rental business and good communication channel with my tenants & property manager.

Desvantagens

Need some work to complete the work - not exactly full service, but it is good that I could have a control.

Traduzir com Google

Low cost property management software

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 19/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Using this software allows me to manage three times the amount of properties with the same personnel. I think it is mainly designed for apartment complexes, but I rent single family residents and it works great.

Vantagens

Allows me to manage more properties with less people

Desvantagens

Took a while to track the revenue plug in. They need to pass cc fees on to tenant

Resposta do Hemlane

Thanks Paul for your review!
We will adding the option for tenants to pay credit card fees this year. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to having you on Hemlane.

Great Product That is Constantly Being Updated

Avaliado em 03/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Hemlane has begun to drastically change the way we operate our business. It is great to be able to keep all lease documents, maintenance requests, payment information/history, etc. all in one place. The site is easy to navigate, has a pleasing user interface, and its feature set always seems to be improving.

Vantagens

Customer Service has been great about getting back to me quickly with answers to my questions and listens to my feedback about how current features could be improved and about new features that would benefit my business.

Desvantagens

Some useful features have not been released yet.

Resposta do Hemlane

Thank you for the review! And, we can't wait to get more great features out for you.

Traduzir com Google

Best property management for the price!

Avaliado em 14/12/2017

Vantagens

-Dashboard gives a great overview
-Email communication keeps me up to date
-Consolidates vital info in easy to see landing page
-Easy ACH for tenants plus they love that it is free for them
-Easy management of work orders
-Easy marketing functions

Desvantagens

-Unable to pull reports on different payment types each month (off line, ACH etc...)
-Offline payment function needs simplification
-Does not allocate late offline payments at a single point of payment screen
-Groups payments by number of "late payments" and not property or renter
-Requires other service (zInspector or others) for move-in and move-out inspections
-Does not allow for mapping of work orders to service provider

Resposta do Hemlane

Thank you for your review on Hemlane! Work order mapping will be coming as new features in January 2018. We look forward to supporting your management.

Traduzir com Google

Hemlane provides excellent affordable property management solutions to real estate owner.

Avaliado em 05/09/2017

Vantagens

The prompt customer support and flexibility are wonderful. As owner you could get involved as much as you like or you could step back and rely on the great support you receive from Hemlane to take care of your real estate management needs. With the easy access online tools you could manage your property thousands miles away and not worry about hiring expensive local property management firm who charges way more. Also included in the package you get help from its online legal partner who is great for answering questions and preparing legal document. It is a one stop shop that meet my property management needs.

Desvantagens

The software is constantly adding more features and it will provide more benefits for the users. Looking forward to more offering.

Hemlane

Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 03/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have been using Hemlane a little over a year now for a condo rental property and I am very satisfied and pleased with the service and tools they provide.

When I need help, I get prompt feedback and support. The online tool is great to have one place to go to manage and see the status on my rental properties, communicate with the tenants and see any open issues. I think Hemlane is a great value for the money. Hemlane is geared towards those landlords that want to stay a little bit involved with the management activities, rather than have someone do 100% and not be involved or bothered at all. But, their tool and service make it easier to do. And the fee structure is more based upon paying for the service you use, as opposed to flat monthly %'s of the rent. Overall, I am very pleased with Hemlane and would highly recommend them.

Desvantagens

I know I can get a summary, but maybe a more detailed itemization of annual expenses for tax purposes would be good.

Traduzir com Google

Managing payments and property is so easy now

Avaliado em 12/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Hemlane has made my job easier and quicker. The fee charged by Hemlane is really nominal and I have blessed by the client by going onto this software.

Vantagens

I get everything from this. I have been managing my clients house in Georgia since more that 6 months now and I have been like 100% satisfied with the ease of it.
I have had issues with payments but the customer care was so good that it got resolved smoothly.
Sending notices, getting lease documents recorded and everything else has been extremely easy

Desvantagens

So far so good. Nothing that I have liked less about this.

Resposta do Hemlane

Thanks, Piyush, for your kind review on Hemlane! We are so glad that you and your clients are happy with our services. If you need anything from us, then don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to make your rentals a success!

Very Convinient

Avaliado em 11/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I am very happy with this product. Very easy to adopt and makes payments convenient and easy. Makes repairs and Maintenance easy too

Vantagens

Very user friendly, both to our tenants and for us as property managers

Desvantagens

The robustness is not quite there for prospective tenants and financials

Resposta do Hemlane

Thank you, Eric, for your review! We really look forward to improving both Financials and Prospective Tenants for you.

Traduzir com Google

This product is a great value & comes with excellent customer service & communication!

Avaliado em 19/09/2017

Vantagens

Hemlane is an amazing solution for streamlined online property management. Our experience managing 30+ properties through Hemlane has been fantastic thanks to the efficiency of the program and the expert communication provided by Customer support representative and her team. Having the ability to accept online applications, quickly convert specific applicants to `Tenant Status and accept online rent payments almost instantly has saved us countless hours of time & resources. Our tenants appreciate the ease of paying rent from their homes, offices & cell phones securely, having the ability to schedule automatic rent payments & having secure records of their payments through Hemlane all in one online portal. We highly recommend Hemlane for all property managers no matter the size or model of the company!

Desvantagens

We are looking forward to added features such as printable applications & property groups by owner. We appreciate that Dana takes all of our suggestions & questions into account.

Traduzir com Google

Hemlane significantly facilitates the expansion of my property portfolio

Avaliado em 13/01/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

As I hold investment properties in a number of states throughout the US, Hemlane has provided me with an ideal, consolidated management solution, offering smart software and on-ground support applicable to each property. I now spend *significantly* less time - and have less headache - with the management of my properties. Being a client of Hemlane, I cannot imagine investing in more residential properties without them.

Traduzir com Google

Does everything I need it to

Avaliado em 03/05/2018

Vantagens

Easily the best feature is their customer support. This is a huuuge deal for me and Hemlane,Team answers any question myself or my tenants have almost instantly. There are a number of websites like Hemlane, but I don't any of them do as good of a job with Customer Support as they do.

Desvantagens

It can be a little un-intuitive for certain things & I'm sometimes not exactly clear what my tenants see vs. what I see on the website. I'd like to be CC'd or something on all the messages they see so I have a better idea of what their experience is like.

Traduzir com Google

Easily replaces traditional property managers, at a much more affordable price

Avaliado em 04/01/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Cut out the expensive property manager middleman, and gave me direct and easy control on managing my property at a much more affordable price.

Vantagens

Simple, intuitive UI. Ability to post listing to many different websites, and has an elegant plug-in for craigslist listing. Flexible pricing model that is significantly cheaper than traditional property managers. Fast and easy set-up for listing and tenant management.

Desvantagens

Experienced some bugs while trying to set up tenant screening. But luckily the Hemlane staff was very responsive and helped to resolve the issue very quickly.

Hemlane is ideal for my 5 properties

Avaliado em 22/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This company has ridiculous customer service, free onboarding, and a simple product. There are a couple of additional features that I want added to the software, but there are workarounds and the team is good at listening to me to have these features added to their enhancement list.
I really like their marketing software -- it makes it easy to advertise my rental properties and see prospective tenants in one pipeline. I have only used the product for 2 months, but was able to get a renter very quickly through it.

Vantagens

It is simple and I don't get lost in it. I really like their marketing feature (made it easy to find a good renter) and their free onboarding.

Desvantagens

I asked for a couple of things that are not in the software yet -- task reminders and send checks to my vendors.

Traduzir com Google

Fantastic program for property management and home rental. Very quick results.

Avaliado em 27/06/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It saves me time, and a lot of money. We are renting our home in California while my husband works on the east coast. This is 10% of the cost of traditional property management groups that I interviewed. Very friendly knowledgeable people. I think of it as the Airbnb of the long term rental market.

Vantagens

The ease of use, wide range of advertising. There is really fast tech support from folks that know how to use the program. Oh, and did I mention the price. What a value!

Desvantagens

That it is not really geared for commercial rentals. I am hoping they go into the commercial market as well.

Traduzir com Google

Very happy with the function of the software for our needs

Avaliado em 20/11/2017

Time. I saves me time.

Vantagens

Its easy to use on our end once the tenants are set up. I love how it auto bills, auto late charges and lets me know who is behind. Also, the charts showing projected income for the next couple of months is nice.

Desvantagens

Updates are being added as we go, and everyone is great to work with. I wish it had a better reporting function. Somewhere we could better keep track of expenses. We have to almost consider bringing in a quickbooks to track the expenses, on top of this product.

Traduzir com Google

You'll thank me for recommending you to try Hemlane!

Avaliado em 16/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I'm a real estate sales broker. I had to refer my clients to other property mangers in the past because I didn't have enough time. Hemlane made it possible for me and because of hemlane, I can expend my business and add income strand.

Vantagens

The staffs! There will always be softwares that have similar functions but the people who's working with you is the most important. At hemlane, business is not just a functional portal!

Desvantagens

Nothing that I don't like. If I do, I talk to the helpful staffs, they will tell me a solution right away!

Fantastic support

Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 07/09/2017

Saves time.

Vantagens

I use Hemlane's Smart management, and the amount of help you can get is great. My property manager is always willing to pick up the phone and ready to help.

Desvantagens

The software is very easy to navigate once you get a hang of it. There will be some learnings to do for new users.

Very Impressed

Avaliado em 26/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, for the price, I have had a great experience with Hemlane that has sped up managing my few properties a lot!

Vantagens

I have used this software for a few months now and it is made managing my three rentals MUCH easier. I love that I can collect rent and have the ability to manage maintenance. Also, the big thing has been how they made marketing my house so easy, I couldn't believe how many contacts I got.

Desvantagens

The couple things that seem to be lacking is the financial side of things. They should be able to connect and upload transactions so I can do my cost accounting from this. Also, there have been some pretty long lag times as to when I put up a house and when it actually gets posted.

Resposta do Hemlane

Thanks Marlin Residential for the review! We really look forward to bringing more innovation on the financials side for you!

Traduzir com Google

Perfect - great cost, easy to use, great customer support

Avaliado em 22/02/2019

Vantagens

I researched SEVERAL property management software, and Hemlane is the BEST!

Most cost effective, visually appealing, easy to navigate for current and potential tenants, invitation to RocketLawyer for electronic leases, quick and super nice customer service reps, the list can go on and on

Desvantagens

Nothing - this property management software has been ideal for our application