Avaliações do Netwrix Auditor

Netwrix Auditor

Secure visibility platform for IT infrastructure

4.5/5 (130 avaliações)
Anthony J.
Traduzir com Google

Netwrix Auditor (AD, File, Windows Server, Logon Activity Auditing)

Avaliado em 12/12/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

My Company has been using Netwrix since 2013, and it has been great for us. We love the reports that it generates around our Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Servers etc., including the alerts that we subscribe to for delivery. We've also used the Audit reports for our Auditing request, which we can produce in minutes with Netwrix, which used to take us days to put together. We've also used as a training tool to teach helpdesk level personnel, as it helped us capture errors that were done in Active Directory (and reverted back with the nifty Rollback feature), and that allowed us to customize training for an new employees while working in Active Directory.

Wading through event viewer events is no fun and very tedious, enter Netwrix that makes much more efficient, as you can build reports on a specific object and/or date range. I can’t tell you how many times we've used it to trace a lockout of a user and where exactly the user was being locked out from - incredibly helpful, as this occurs with regularity.

Netwrix has been absolutely brilliant for us, it's auditing, alerting and reporting capabilities has been and continues to be of great use for my Company. I must also give kudos to the Netwrix helpdesk, as there are very knowledgeable and have assisted successfully on numerous occasions.

Highly recommend Netwrix for any company that’s looking to audit their internal systems, with great reporting and alerting for all your critical and non-critical systems.

Vantagens

Ease of installation and usage, Reporting, alerts, etc.

Desvantagens

I noticed that the new version of Netwrix tends to eat up a lot more hardrive disk space, but this is due to fine tuning Audit. Without proper tuning, it will easily eat up 100GB - which is what I experienced.

Traduzir com Google

If you are held to a number of regulatory governances, Netwrix Auditor is for you

Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 24/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

If ever anyone is requiring a software that will audit their systems, I immediately recommend Netwrix because of the community presence (I have dealt with them primarily on the Spiceworks forums), and their amazing canned reports.

Vantagens

The amount of data you can collect about security events, group changes, object moves and deletions, system and file access (and much more) is astounding, especially considering the price. If I need to track something new that I wasn't thinking of when I bought this software, I only need to dig a little and there's something there already for me to utilize.

The variety of things we can monitor from a system level is fantastic too. Windows domains, file servers, Office 365, VMWare, SharePoint, SQL and more...each type of audit task yields the same types of reports as the other. Easy color coding for quick visual assessment.

Setting up is a cinch. The documentation has just about everything you'll need to get running, and the knowledgebase handles all the extra gotchas that you may run into if you have a temperamental environment :)

Probably one of my favorite things about Netwrix Auditor: no-nonsense licensing.

Desvantagens

I think that the UI change from the prior major version to the new was the most jarring. I suspect it wouldn't have been as difficult to understand had I started with the newest UI.

Jordan D.
Traduzir com Google

Great tool for network visibility

Avaliado em 08/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I find visibility to be one of the greatest tools as a network manager. Netwrix gives me the ability to monitor file actions as well as account actions that may tip me off to a security breach on the network. Or, if an employee wants to know the exact reason a file went missing I am able to query Netwrix and provide an exact answer, even a screen capture of the event in progress if I wanted. With customizable notifications I am able to get on the spot information when specific events occur, like somebody attempting to log into a Domain Administrator's account without authorization. Though a little expensive, it is better to have the security Netwrix auditor provides than to allow a network breach go unnoticed until it is too late.

Easy to setup
monitor AD, Logs, Events, etc
customizable notifications
visibility into files, Group Policy, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, etc
advanced features that help track down file actions, like screen captures or recordings of the actual event

The interface is sluggish
can cause some network interference if not tuned properly
cost

7.0/10
Richard W.
Traduzir com Google

Great software that reads your event logs and makes it easy to read, break down and report on.

Avaliado em 10/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Know exactly what is happening in your network so you can detect problems and intrusion attempts before they get bad.

Vantagens

This software takes your computer and server event logs and breaks them down into reports that you can easy view and understand exactly what is going on with your environment. You can also record what anyone does on your servers as a video. All reports can have real time notifications of events you select like multiple failed logins etc. It is also an amazing price for all that you get.

Desvantagens

The only thing i have had is that the new version doesn't support Windows Server 2003-2008 so what i did was spun up 2 VM's for this software and ran an older version on one VM and the newest version on an other so I can have the old version monitor the 2003-2008 servers and the newest version monitor 2008 R2 to 2016.

Traduzir com Google

A good product for the money

Avaliado em 22/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have been quite happy with Netwrix and staff are starting to rely on it for detailed auditing.

Vantagens

Netwrix Auditor is a good product that audits all of the items we need to audit. It will audit file servers, database server, Active Directory Servers, SharePoint servers and a whole lot more. We use it for all of these items and the price did not go up because we added more machine types.

Desvantagens

Netwrix can be a bit finicky at times. We have has it stop auditing a server because the configuration on the server was changed. It took a bit of work with support for them to realize that it shouldn't have stopped due to the configuration change and once they figured that out, they fixed the problem. Once we got the auditing to start, it picked up all of the items it missed while it wasn't auditing, so we lost nothing.

Matthew F.
Traduzir com Google

Netwrix has helped revolutionize our processes and simplify environmental monitoring and management.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are able to easily spend our time on innovation as opposed to "fire-fighting."

Vantagens

Netwrix makes the process of auditing changes within our Active Directory environment very simple. We no longer have to spend additional time chasing down problems and what caused them. We can quickly evaluate what has recently changed, who changed it and then evaluate the best resolution without wasting time. This allows us to focus on the most important aspects of our jobs!

Desvantagens

Netwrix does not have a lot of features that I do not find amazing. The only item that I can find that comes close to being a "con" involves the way that data is processed. I would love to find a method of auditing active directory and servers that do not involve granting Domain Admin rights to an account used for the product. It is understandable, though.

Traduzir com Google

A lot of features at a good price.

Avaliado em 19/04/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It has been used to show my company does take securing sensitive information seriously.

Vantagens

Netwrix Auditor audits a lot of different products such as SQL Server, Windows Servers, Active Directory and NetApp file servers. It is very consistent in its runs and produces reports and alerts that our US government clients fully accept. It has helped my company receive numerous accreditation for performing auditing properly.

Desvantagens

It can be difficult to configure and sometimes fails during a heavy load. Although it may fail every now and then, it will go back and gather the information it missed in the last run and get backup to date on the audits.

Christopher C.

Great Overview of your Systems

Avaliado em 23/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have been able to provide real-time reporting for AD changes and several other administrative functions that we did not have the ability to before which has allowed the institution to focus on our core products and information flow.

Vantagens

We are a smaller financial institution with limited staff and the automated reporting has been a great time saver for me to review various selected events. There are more than enough predefined reports to meet many of our oversight needs

Desvantagens

I do have some issues with trying to understand the licensing and when we had to had other modules. Perhaps someone coming from an IT administration or CIO background would understand it better.

Adrian I.
Traduzir com Google

A auditing solution with huge value to the organization!

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It makes AD auditing easier for our Information Security Officer, while providing real-time reports for our IT department. The program saves a lot of time that had been spent doing things manually.

Vantagens

The daily reporting is great at providing a snapshot of changes the environment for Information Security Officer. In our IT department we rely on the real-time alerts daily for user lockouts and other AD related changes to inform us of changes made so we can act accordingly.

Desvantagens

It takes some time to get a handle on the on-demand reporting, but Netwrix provides a huge list of canned reports so you rarely have to create a customized report from scratch.

Jack B.
Traduzir com Google

Invaluable solution for our Microsoft Active Directory auditing requirements.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Ease of addressing our Microsoft audit/compliance activities.

Vantagens

Netwrix provides a thorough, easy to use interface to address supporting documentation for almost all of our Microsoft audit requirements. We have been able to easily produce the documentation and evidence for all requests from our audit team with ease. Something that used to take a considerable amount of time to compile.

Desvantagens

Would prefer that the client be web based, as opposed to the Windows client that is used today. Additional detail in error reports to help identify exactly what is not working would be extremely helpful as well. We occasionally have to do quite a bit of exploration to determine exactly what component is generating the error.

Matthew G.
Traduzir com Google

Use this software to monitor, alert, and create reports for Government IT Audits

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Easier domain management, real time security alerts, it is a wonderful piece of software.

Vantagens

The fact that Netwrix always includes new and better features all of the time. Great price for the software and once it is in place and working it is very stable and solid. The new 9.0 version really allows for so much more than the old versions.

Desvantagens

Some of the plugins are hard to use. I have a hard time figuring out what is causing errors sometimes when it runs its nightly scans of my systems. But customer support is always very good in helping solve the issues.

Traduzir com Google

It has been refreshing to know that strange activity is going to notify me.

Avaliado em 30/07/2018

Vantagens

The alerting is incredibly valuable. Changes taking place to multiple files will generate an alert long before a human eye could notice what was happening. This is true of administrative logins and failed logins as well. The ability to audit changes in permissions so that they can be "seen" has been very helpful as well.

Desvantagens

It can be a bit too quick to alert but this is configurable. The initial configuration will set the tone for the application and goes a long way toward the initial implementation and usage so plan your install and determine what you want it to do for you before you actually install it.

Traduzir com Google

The additional set of eyes you need.

Avaliado em 24/01/2019

Vantagens

Netwrix Auditor was easy to deploy and you can very quickly gain deep insights into what is occurring in your environment. A huge positive is that a single application can provide data for so many different environments.

Desvantagens

Not a knock against the software itself, but in some cases, requirements for certain audit features could be documented a bit better or more centrally. Perhaps this has been improved upon since my initial deployment 5+ years ago.

Traduzir com Google

Netwrix Auditor is a fairly easy software package to use. It also converse a lot of system types.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The software covered most of the system that we were required to audit.

Vantagens

Netwrix Auditor can be setup to audit most all of the systems that a company is running. It also allows, for one price to audit most of the systems that need to be audited. In addition you can audit systems that are not part of Netwrix by using the Integration API.

Desvantagens

The primary con with Netwrix is that the documentation is not complete. It does show how to configure a basic system but then stops there. It should also show how to configure more complex configurations. This then requires you to submit a ticket which might take a bit to get a proper answer.

7.0/10
Paul B.

Netwrix Auditor for Dummies

Avaliado em 23/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We got this product to assist with our NIST 800-171 compliance with our aerospace customers. The logs and information it provides are invaluable.

Vantagens

It's very easy to configure most of what you'll want to log directly out of the box. The parts that are a little more confusing are easily done with talking to support. This is overall a great product and one that I've needed for years.

Desvantagens

When you don't work with the setups on a regular basis it's sometimes time consuming to go back and make changes or add/delete things. Since it basically runs itself I haven't touched the setup in months.

Azhar M.
Traduzir com Google

Now a days changes in AD is very important

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Like I said real time change alert is the best part of using this product

Vantagens

Real time notification of any changes in AD and successful and unsuccessful logins to machines, which tells administrators of unauthorized login tries and legitimate user problems even before users approach administrator

Desvantagens

There has to be exception reporting options which lets administrator know as some thing is not right for example I particular user is not supposed to be logging into a particular server and if such action happens then administrator should be alarmed - such relationship database should be there

Alan B.
Traduzir com Google

An Auditor's best friend.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It performs a multitude of different Auditing tasks for us, making PCI and SOX compliance much simpler.

Vantagens

It just works. Set it up once, and the daily/weekly jobs run without any further effort. We have our reports sent to our ticketing system, making the daily review a breeze.

Desvantagens

Reporting filters can be a little confusing to use at times, and customization options are limited, requiring editing config files rather than within the GUI.

Ronald M.
Traduzir com Google

An excellent product that continues to improve.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

If we start to experience a problem that goes back to AD or Group Policy, we can easily determine what changed and remediate it.

Vantagens

The version 9 client is awesome. It provides a much easier way to drill into reports and events than ever before.

Desvantagens

The activity summary reports that it completed with errors, yet neither we nor tech support has ever been able to identify the problem. Since there are no events missing, we have just let it go.

Chris A.
Traduzir com Google

Very nice and works the second you load it.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Insight into logs without manual log review and without having to create a lot of custom alerts and views.

Vantagens

The software works well and it doesn't take alot of configuration to be usable.
It proactively sends emails with daily recaps.
Very simple to setup

Desvantagens

It is very expensive and to get everything, plan to buy multiple modules. The value for the money is there, but it is alot of money to start. Great value / High Price.

Steve M.
Traduzir com Google

This software is very intuitive to use and a great value.

Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Easy to use interface, daily/weekly reporting on important Active Directory events, Real-time alerting, real-time forensics with the intelligent search feature. Ability to scale the product to additional areas as needed (Exchange, SQL, etc.)

Vantagens

Easy to find the information we need using the search feature. Real-time alerting. Ability to report on any event from the Windows event log.

Desvantagens

Inability to format the reports (choosing data fields or placement of the fields). Inconsistent reporting formats depending on the method selected. Example: running a report within the reporting interface vs. Inactive account report. When running a report and then choosing to subscribe, must reconfigure the subscription to match the report that was already run.

Akash P.
Traduzir com Google

Netwrix is great, simple to setup, easy to use.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Auditing of Active Directory and File Servers. Password expiration notification, disabling unused computer and user accounts.

Vantagens

Netwrix is very easy to use, very easy to setup. It provides great information and lets you audit your environment very easily

Desvantagens

Documentation could be a little better, but support was great with assisting in setup and they constantly reach out to see how things are going.

Shola A.

Highly resourceful tool

Avaliado em 27/07/2017

Vantagens

Ease of Use, depth of visibility to AD changes, realtime SMS alert and password change notification alert. Above listed requirements and key reasons why the tool is resourceful to Howard's team.

Desvantagens

Task scheduler failure (sometimes) and interpretation of forwarded logs to SIEM. There are few items that can be improved upon to maximize resourcefulness.

Dennis S.
Traduzir com Google

Great for audit and exams.

Audit compliance.

Vantagens

I like the daily reports that Netwrix sends to the Officers on the network functions. Federal and state guidelines require someone keeps track of the network admins changes to the network. Netwrix Auditor emails a morning report every work day describing the changes made to Active Directory on all our Domain Controllers.

James M.
Traduzir com Google

Provides critical reporting on changes in the network. Customer support is outstanding.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

User account reporting and privileged access reporting.

Vantagens

The change reporting is the most important component that we use. We're able to receive real time alerts as changes are made or when priviledged accounts are used.

Desvantagens

Setup can be complicated. It would be great it could report on device and Linux access as well. As is it works best with Microsoft AD.

Jesse K.
Traduzir com Google

Easy to implement and quickly gain value from reporting

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Various default reports are vary useful... i.e. NIST, PCI, etc. reporting

Vantagens

Quick and easy deployment. Most features do not require an agent. Video monitoring of server sessions is a really cool features that we actually use.

Desvantagens

Because there is to no support for Cisco products, we are forced to look into alternatives for a fully capable SIEM.