Avaliações do OfficeTools

OfficeTools

4,1 (197)
Escreva uma avaliação!
Software de gestão de prática, tempo e cobrança.

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

197 avaliações

• Porte da empresa: 5 001 - 10 000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Fantastic Software

Avaliado em 12/04/2021

I think the interactivity of this program makes it a winner and puts it at the forefront of innovating in its industry.

Vantagens

All client information is available to each member of the team, and viewing the progress of the tasks being completed is very easy. In a virtual environment it has become more important to be able to monitor one another on a team without “micromanaging” and constantly having status meetings, so this is fabulous.

Desvantagens

Sometimes the video tutorials are a bit confusing, so I prefer speaking to someone through the phone support. Reading the articles isn’t as self explanatory as it is made out to be, but this can be different based on who is using this software.

Peter

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Great all-in-one tax office tool!

Avaliado em 17/10/2017

Having everything needed to help/work on a client at your fingertips in one piece of software. We consolidated 4 programs into one when we moved to OfficeTools. We could FULLY consolidate 2 more if they were reliable and user friendly enough for staff and clients (AIME and the portal). But as it stands we have to have backups for both to function properly.

Vantagens

The best thing about OfficeTools is the integration of contact manager, schedule, time/billing tracking project management, billing, and documents. There are lots of other features that are included as well but those are the big ones. It's great going to one client and having access to everything you need.

Desvantagens

There are some quirks that you just have to live with, but overall it is a solid piece of software. There are times when support just cannot figure out a solution to a glitch we are having and we just have to wait to see if it will be resolved in a new release. Another thing that is quirky is having to go to another client and then back into the one you are working on the get the system to update.

Mostly small little things that aren't that bad and they do seem to attempt to address issues as they go so it is by no means a dead software.

Kyle

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Horrible. Unreliable. Blindfolded company culture.

Avaliado em 17/10/2017

It taught me not to believe the features you read on websites.

It taught me not to believe the features you read on websites.

Vantagens

The days it works without data loss or speed issues. More often than not, it is extremely slow and non-responsive. We have an amazing cloud environment with more than adequate resources for this basic application. Office Tools is the only program that is slow or non-responsive on a daily basis.

Desvantagens

There are many many little glitches that we have not brought to supports attention because we were told by your support team: "glitches must have been previously identified to exist". Your engineers told my IT consultant that we were not using the software properly, which resulted in the DATA LOSS we were experiencing. This is complete crap, as I witnessed the issue with my own eyes and know that Office Tools has a critical engineering issue that can result in lost data. I have also experienced the data loss issue across two separate companies (and IT environments) and have experienced this issue as far back as 2014. But that's not important, right?

The ABOVE MENTIONED ISSUE IS PROJECT ASSIGNMENTS CAN REVERT TO PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED ASSIGNMENT WITHOUT ANY PROOF THE NEW ASSIGNMENT WAS EVER CREATED.

THE PROFILE SYNC DOESN'T WORK. THE CEO ACKNOWLEDGED THIS AS A KNOWN ISSUE YET THE COMPANY IS STILL SELLING IT AS IF IT WORKS.

ACCOUNTS WITH THE SAME PRIMARY CONTACT MAY HAVE THEIR FILE NAME CHANGED BY OFFICE TOOLS WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO CHANGE IT BACK TO THE PROPER NAME.

THE SIN (CANADA) NUMBER DOESNT SHOW PERIODICALLY UNLESS YOU HIT THE EDIT BUTTON, THEN IT MAGICALLY APPEARS.

Overall the software is not reliable and the company culture is disappointing. I brought the data integrity issue to the CEO and he brushed it off as a non issue, despite it being mission critical for his customers. Never will we recommend this software to anyone. It sounds better than it is.

Christine

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Office Tools has been great. We can't imagine running things without it.

Avaliado em 23/10/2017

Office Tools replaced separate document management software, a time keeping/billing software, and a project tracking software. It's streamlined our process and allowed us to save tons of time for billable work.

Vantagens

The integration of difference functions has been the best part. Having contact info, project tracking, document management and time tracking/billing in one package has made things so much easier and streamlined our process.

Desvantagens

The reporting in general is limited. The inability to combine information types (Contact, Billing, Project, Staff) into a single report is difficult. Currently, we create 2 different reports, export to excel and use formulas to combine the information. Skipping these extra steps would save so much time.
Also, allowing a custom recurrence pattern for projects (i.e. every 2 years) would be great.
Finally, many clients want to be able to specify a "Billing Only" e-mail address. Right now, I have to make that change manually for those clients each billing run.

akore

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Saves me thousands of dollars and hours every year!

Avaliado em 16/10/2018

I used to track projects by emails in my inbox and files on the shelf, constantly putting out fires and dealing with what ever client was "on top of the stack".spending HOURS every day figuring out what I had to get done.....now the minute a project comes in (Via email,mail, or phone) I create a new Project in OfficeTools and I have an easily accessible, up to date task list of EVERYTHING I need to do. And I can assign tasks to staff, so my staff knows what to work on WITHOUT having to ask me. I cannot begin to quantify the dollars and hours this software has saved me.

Vantagens

The ability to quickly create and add items to a "ToDo list" and assign tasks to staff w/ documents attached (dragged straight from Outlook).

Desvantagens

There is a learning curve - but that is to be expected with such robust software and customer support was great helping me learn features I couldn't figure out myself (since I refused to do the training and like to figure things out myself). Plus, the online tutorials were really great.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Office Tools has been a value add to our accounting and tax group. Great product for the...

Avaliado em 17/10/2017

Office Tools helps our accounting and tax team stay organized and able to prioritize work without missing deadlines. We use the system to allocate resources to streamline the busy season workload and the workflow to make sure we know the status of every project along the way.

Vantagens

It is a great way to track project progress and make sure deadlines aren't missed. It is also a simple solution to time tracking, although our firm doesn't use the system for billing purposes, it is helpful in budgeting resources.

Desvantagens

My biggest complaint is that reports can't be exported to Excel, and not every pre-built report has all the data required. Without having a custom report prepared by the developers at Office Tools, you are somewhat limited on reporting flexibility.

Andy
Andy

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

love the software. It is the First program all staff opens in the morning and last to close

Avaliado em 01/08/2017

total organization running our office

total organization running our office

Vantagens

We have been using the software since 2007. It runs our office. All client information is under one hood. We use it to track projects as they move thru the office,capturing time , archiving documents and processing our billing as we move thru the month. We schedule our appointments, track phone calls. We use the client portal as a secure way to deliver and receive documents. I highly recommend this software to all accounting firms. You will no longer miss project deadlines. You will capture more billable time and become more efficient in your daily operations.
Feel free to contact me for more user perspective

Bessy
Bessy
  • Setor: Defesa e aeroespacial
  • Porte da empresa: 1 001 - 5 000 funcionários

Do Yourself a Favor and Avoid this Software

Avaliado em 20/01/2019

I don't recommend them. Poor customer service, no resolution to issues.

I don't recommend them. Poor customer service, no resolution to issues.

Vantagens

In the beginning, this software was great. Great user-friendly product, had some shortcomings with projects and tasks, but it was workable.

Desvantagens

It has some major glitches they take no responsibility for.
We lost like a hundred clients' information. All documents. Office Tools blamed it on us. They said that we had used all caps for the names of the clients, (which they never advised us on) and that had caused the software to malfunction. Customer service and management made no effort to correct the situation. They just wiped their hands clean by saying it was out mistake.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Office Tools is a great program

Avaliado em 26/10/2018

Overall it is a good program and I would recommend it. They are always working on adding new features and also have a place for customers to make suggestions on features they would like to see or changes that would be better.

Vantagens

This software is a great option for tracking clients/vendors/contacts, to do's projects, deadlines, and reminders. I like the options for setting a reminder or not when I create a project. I like to be able to see not just my project /to do list but also for everyone in the office. I also like that we can store documents related to the client/contact/vendor to easily find them when we need them.

Desvantagens

Some features and settings are not easy to figure out. It would be nice to customize the program more to our needs but customization's are limited.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Good product, but not always cost-effective for smaller firms

Vantagens

easy integration with various programs, easy to use portal and effective DMS system. Add to the easy of setting up the annual engagements and you have a great system.

Desvantagens

Least is the cost and required training. further, the program is not yet Cloud-ready. also, the server-based DMS does not provide for security of the data files

Sandy

Disappointed

Avaliado em 11/05/2020

Support - was a joke in year 1 of our contract. It took at least 3-5 days or more for someone to get back to us. One day I got lucky and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called me. She is the best asset your company has. She knows how to provide support. I even tracked down someone at the Abacus Next Conference to make sure they knew how valuable she was. Shortly after, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had to inform me that I was no longer allowed to email her directly and I had to go through the ticket system. I complied with her request and now I'm back to hating your support. I know we are just a little guy in your eyes. I am the type of person when I love something I tell everyone about it. I also tell everyone when something is not right. I could never refer your product. We will be switching to another product as soon as we can.

Vantagens

Firm has been using for 4-5 years. It has served us well and we use most of the functionality.

Desvantagens

Lack of technology development. When it was announced there was a QB online integration we were very excited and converted. Our 150 clients are on QBO, however we remain on the desktop version due to Office Tools. We then learned it does not integrate with QBO Accountant. We then had to convert back to QB desktop version as it was our only option. We patiently stuck with Office Tools on the belief that the software would continue to be developed and evolve. At this point we wished we had not signed our last 3 year contract. With the signing of the 3 year contract we were given/comped 3 hours for training. When we went to use them we were told those hours had to be used in the first year - WHICH WAS NOT TOLD TO US. I had our sales rep check into it and the "board" advised the hours were expired. WOW was I shocked. I had never been given something from a company that was complimentary to then not advise me that the hours had to be used in the first year. Who ever made this decision just made our final decision for us. We will NOT be renewing our software when the contract ends. Too many disappointments.

Ashley

• Probabilidade de recomendação 3.0 /10

Abacus is bring Office Tools down

Avaliado em 21/03/2019

Vantagens

I have been using Office Tools for years and it has helped tremendously with keeping all of my company's client data and projects in order. The reports are somewhat customizable and easy to read. The Projects tab enables us to have a good audit trail of all work by using the Work List, Project Definitions and Project Assignments.

Desvantagens

Since Office Tools has been taken over by Abacus the price of the program has gone up significantly while the features have barely been updated (the updates it did get aren't that great) and the customer service has gone down significantly. In the past I would call customer support and be helped on the spot or given an appointment no later than the next day. Now I call in and am told they will put in a case and I'll get a call back shortly, which really means in hours or the next day or the day after. I recently put in customer service requests on 2 separate issues and was repeatedly told that I'd get a call back or that my case was escalated. One issue was never resolved and I put in the case in January. The other is going on 2 weeks now with no results. Its ridiculous that Abacus expects us to pay higher prices and sign contracts, but not give us the customer service we need. I've even reached out to the sales manager and am given the same answers.

Lynn

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Many good features

Avaliado em 05/05/2020

Vantagens

When Office Tools works well, it's great. Everything is in one place, including storage for documents. It includes billing, and time and project tracking. It's easy for staff to use, and there are multiple ways of completing tasks so employees can use the way that works best for them.

Desvantagens

Our biggest frustration has been with the reporting. While you can technically export reports to Excel, they're in a Crystal reports format with multiple lines and merged cells. The system often doesn't provide the reports we want, which is frustrating because the information is in there. Sometimes we can get what we need between 2 different reports, but the Crystal format makes it impossible to merge them. Sorting reports in multiple ways should also be a breeze, and it is . . . after we remove all the formatting.

Since the acquisition of Office Tools by Abacus, tech support quality has declined significantly. We haven't seen many upgrades to the program, and it's hard to get help on the few occasions we need it.

Stacey

Been working with Office Tools for nearly 14 years now

Avaliado em 10/10/2018

We use Office Tools for our companies billing, tracking time, tracking our projects for our clients and for our scheduling appointments with clients. We have used this product for nearly 14 years and it helps our office run smoothly. We have access to each others schedules and daily tasks. Everything is right at our fingertips.

Vantagens

I really love that it is user friendly. It really helps keep me on track with my tasks with all the projects that have been assigned to me and when it was assigned. It really helps me not forget about projects. I love all the available reports that you can print. There are reports to help track or Work in process and reconcile our billing and many many more.

Desvantagens

There is not any thing really in particular right now that I would say I least like about the software. I find that if I have an issue with the software I can call technical support and they are always very helpful.

Alfred
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

Comprehensive Practice Management Solution

Avaliado em 19/10/2018

Overall, I've been very satisfied with Office Tools. In the past, I was a member of the firm that developed its own computer-based time and billing system. Office Tools offers all the recording and analysis tools we strove to provide in our package and integrates nicely with document management and contact management.

Vantagens

Office Tools provides all the elements required to manage my small accounting practice. Contact management, document management, time, billing & collection are seamlessly interfaced. The Office Tools modules that I do not use do not interfere with the use of the elements that I do use.

Desvantagens

it is difficult to find something to dislike about Office Tools. It is sometimes difficult to find where, in the program, adjustments to certain settings should be made. Also, occasionally, it seems that updates are promulgated, of which I do not received notice.

Suzanne

Experienced User

Avaliado em 20/05/2020

I like OfficeTools and will continue using it. I wish they would work on some issues and make it more user friendly.

Vantagens

I like that it works with QuickBooks and Lacerte. I like the reports that it offers in order to track performance and efficiency.

Desvantagens

I am not happy with customer service. We I have a problem or issue it takes days and sometimes over a week to return my call. I wish it was more user friendly. It can do a lot but it is difficult to figure it out. I would love to use the Pay Now feature but it locks the invoice and you can't add or delete time to it.

Mark

• Probabilidade de recomendação 1.0 /10

Great product; horrible experience with new owners

Avaliado em 12/09/2018

Originally used Cloud9 to host all applications, AbacusNext bought Cloud9 and pushed to have users move to APC Cloud. Horrible experience - see reviews for AbacusNext. Also used OfficeTools which was purchased in 2017 by AbacusNext. AbacusNext would not let me renew my OfficeTools licenses because I no longer hosted my other apps on APC Cloud, even though I moved away from AbacusNext legally and ethically. They held me hostage as Abacus gave no prior notice that they would not renew my OfficeTools license. Ended up without a practice management software for 3 months while I searched for and implemented a new one.

Vantagens

It's a great practice management software for small accounting firms; workflows, reminders, time & expense all good

Desvantagens

When AbacusNext bought out OfficeTools the culture and professionalism went down the toilet.

Mari

Office Tools

Avaliado em 10/10/2018

For the most part we are pleased with the functionality of Office Tools. The help sections needs to have a few more topics that it will help with.

Vantagens

It makes organizing files very easy. There are money sort options to choose from when searching for documents.
The time tracker is really useful when working on large accounts.

Desvantagens

It does not require an account to have a designated number. It stores information by the name on the account. If there is ever a name change, (such as with a marriage or divorce) all documents assigned to the original name disappear.

Also in the billing feature, there is no report that you can run that will let you search by a specific invoice number.

Jeffrey
  • Porte da empresa: 51 - 200 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Very user friendly software, very customizable, excellent customer support, very reasonably...

Avaliado em 02/08/2017

Keeps my firm organized through project workflow, keeps track our time and billing, hold all of our client information.

Vantagens

The software is very user friendly software, very customizable, very reasonably priced. The customer support is amazing and they are open to feature enhancements. The features I enjoy most are the syncing with QuickBooks, the excel import feature, timers and entering time with ease, activity list keep you organized, project workflow is amazing. Very excited about the web based version coming out at the end of 2017.

Desvantagens

Needs to link to other tax software other than just Lacerte.
Number of reports could be improved but not bad.

Leticia

Office Tools

Avaliado em 24/10/2018

Office Tools is a nice data management software. It allows the user to keep track of a time card, which is crucial to a CPA firm.

Vantagens

I like the way it allows the user to drag source documents into the data management program. Emails are also easy to drag into. Most documents are easily dragged into the software program with ease. It also allows to keep track of projects and their progress. Nice feature.

Desvantagens

I wish they had a better way to store the information. Yes there are the filters to bring up certain years and data. However, it would be a better software if the data were stored in folders. Where the folders were named and there reside the documents. They would be out of sight until one needs to search for certain information.

Gloria

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Overall great practice management.

Avaliado em 23/10/2017

It has streamlined our document management and simplified the need for multiple programs to manage the workflow.

Vantagens

I love the convenience of having my contact information, billing history, client data and records all within the same program. It definitely helps maintain a smooth workflow.

Desvantagens

This software still has many limits. Multi-tasking is very difficult because you have to constantly change contacts and screens. The report functions are not very robust. I would really like to see Crystal Reports built into OT so that I could truly customize my reports, letters, and invoices.

Michele

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

support has been great, pretty easy to use

Avaliado em 23/10/2017

tracks my employees time so I know how much to bill my clients. I use it as my billing program and to keep track of employees time to I know what their hours are each week

Vantagens

the information is very accessible. the program is pretty easy to use. has reports that are very helpful and I don't think I use the program to its fullest potential

Desvantagens

when an update goes through we seem to have a glitch and when we go into the program it says we are already logged in so we aren't allowed. We have to go in on another user and switch something to be allowed access.

Julie

Still Learning All Possible Uses

Avaliado em 18/10/2018

This program has helped me organize my week and prevented missing deadlines.

This program has helped me organize my week and prevented missing deadlines.

Vantagens

I like the monthly schedule because I can take a look at one page and see what I have coming up for the week. The only complaint is, I am now entering as appointments and in the past I was able to enter as "to do's" Also, am impressed with the customer service when I had problems with resetting my password.

Desvantagens

It will take some time to learn all of the possible uses, but like what I have used to date. Do wish there were more training options. We have the assignments set up and I like being able to see what needs to be done but can be overwhelming if you get behind.

Jon

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Overall the program works well.

Vantagens

Project tracking and shared calenders

Desvantagens

Users must have admin control over calendars to view them. It seems users need admin control to do just about anything if it involves other users. We sometimes hire temps. We need them to view the calendar and contacts but we don't trust them to edit them. We have had a number of appointments moved by mistake. We aren't notified about updated until we call in with a problem and are then told they will send us the update. Why aren't the updates pushed out?

Catherine

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Comprehensive, seamless, efficient. I love it more all the time. It is a great value.

Avaliado em 21/10/2017

Increased revenue, better time management, better client and staff metrics.

Increased revenue, better time management, better client and staff metrics.

Vantagens

The comprehensive design is delightful. It really does give CRM, time and billing, document management, project tracking, calendar and scheduling, and more that I don't even use yet. Nothing else I have looked at for myself or clients compares.

Desvantagens

The portal service is a bit cumbersome for our clients sporadic use since the forget their passwords and lose the log in info.