Avaliações do ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Gestão de patches entre plataformas para empresas de todos os tamanhos

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

291 avaliações

maneesh
maneesh

Patch Management by Manage Engine

Avaliado em 14/09/2023

excellent experience with patch manager it helps a lot to finish patch within no time and improve overall security posture of infra

Vantagens

Patching system automatically and antivirus update

Desvantagens

third party patches deployement require more effort

Nick
  • Setor: Aviação e aeroespacial

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Free Trial Review

Avaliado em 28/07/2022

I'm using the cloud version of PM+. It feels like I'm using an on-premise version that has been migrated to a web interface. You can set up computers as distribution servers to push patches across your network so not everything is going from the cloud.

I feel like I'm missing out on the simple easy-to-use SAS that I expected though.

Vantagens

The software has support for many 3rd party apps. I had Heimdal and Action1 installed on my computer a while to test them. The ManageEngine PM+ agent was still able to find more patches I was missing.

Installing the Agent is simple and works well.

Desvantagens

The UI is not very user friendly because it seems out-of-date. Easy to get lost in the menus and the "Remote Offices" screen is not for what it sounds like. I'm trying to use "remote offices" to split up my departments into groups because the software lacks a feature for that elsewhere.

I wanted to be able to customize computer patch policies by OU. You can link your domain and add the computers within an OU, but you can't just select the OU itself. This means if you move computers in/out of the OU, ManageEngine isn't going to recognize the new computers automatically. This feature seems just for adding computers to your portal rather than grouping them.

I have multiple domains that aren't connected but I can only have 1 AD connector in ManageEngine. Either I set up a machine that uses VPNs to tunnel into all the sites as the AD connector, or I set up 3 different web portals as different accounts. Not something I should need to do for any SAS solution.

Heimdal Patch & Asset Management

Razões para mudar para o ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

ManageEngine has more app support than Heimdal and Action1. It seems rare now to find a service that is just for patching and not a full RMM and security suite. I feel these other services don't give their patching feature enough attention.
Yoginath
  • Setor: Engenharia mecânica ou industrial

Overall Good Product

Avaliado em 17/07/2020

Very good product for Patch Management Solution

Very good product for Patch Management Solution

Vantagens

Ease of use and help in managing spoke locations patching without impacting bandwidth and third party patching

Desvantagens

Development is very slow, customers wish list need to be prioritized

Dibin
  • Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos

The Ultimate Multi-OS Patch Management Solution

Avaliado em 26/12/2023

Because of its amazing value, we can add it to our current suite of solutions without having to divert a sizable portion of our cash from other cybersecurity projects.

Using this tool, I can deploy changes without worrying. The dashboard is simple and simply displays pertinent information.

Everything has always been top-notch, including the user interface and assistance.

Vantagens

Manage Engines Patch Manager Plus is an automated multi-OS patch management system that can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud according on our requirements.

It's convenient to get a fast overview of each endpoint's patch installation process. I could also display a limited set of results by using a filter.

Desvantagens

Too many fresh builds were made available in too short a time. It takes too long, and you also have to update the linked endpoints. Users who work remotely may wait to get updates until they are in person at the workplace.

Learning the vast feature set could take some time.

Nick
  • Setor: Defesa e aeroespacial
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Cost effective and comprehensive coverage

Avaliado em 22/09/2021

Patch Manager has reduced our labour effort in monthly "Patch Tuesday" rollouts hugely, and also improved coverage as only an Internet connection is required for patch application and visibility.

Vantagens

The simple cloud-based deployment and management has been a major benefit for us during COVID in the shift to hybrid working. Whereas previously devices required an onsite or VPN connection for patch application and scanning, now only an Internet connection is required. This means our time to patch is massively reduced and consequently security exposure also reduced.

Coverage of third-party applications is very good, and far exceeds the other products we looked at.

Desvantagens

The inability to precisely schedule patch timing can be frustrating, and the conversion of Microsoft hex error numbers into signed decimal error codes is annoying.

Hi Nick,

Happy to hear that Patch Manager Plus helped with the transition to remote work. Could you elaborate on your scheduling requirements? You can write to [email protected]

Rian
  • Setor: Energias renováveis e meio ambiente

Patch Manager Plus - Good but could be better

Avaliado em 28/04/2023

PMP has helped up our device security levels considerably. Recently we discovered many out of date devices running older versions of Windows which was a surprise to us. We have since, patched all systems to the relevant level. Many of our users are remote and we cannot guaranteed update times, so this has added a degree of flexibility to our services.

Vantagens

Patching Windows Update has been great, however there are still some elements missing. We are patching our devices, but when we login to the actual system and check for updates, other updates are still trundling through on devices. We have listed all updates to be available, so this is a bit confusing to say the least.

Desvantagens

There are updates are being installed on our systems that we expected PMP to pickup. We are still manually pressing update on our devices to identify these updates. We were hoping PMP would have been able to identify all applicable updates by now.

Michael
  • Setor: Indústria têxtil

Excellent Patch Management solution - Very high value for your spend

Avaliado em 28/02/2023

Vantagens

The software just works - there is not a lot of hand holding required by an administrator. We also love the integration with our vulnerability management platform, Tenable.io. Also the number of 3rd party patches available is astounding.

I would like MORE integration with Tenable.io

Resposta do ManageEngine

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our software. We are glad to hear that it is meeting your needs and that you find it easy to use.

We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration with Tenable.io, and we will certainly take that into consideration as we continue to improve our product.

You can also reach out to [email protected] to let us know more about your requirements regarding the Tenable.io integration.

• Setor: Serviços financeiros
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Patch Manager Plus

Avaliado em 18/11/2019

Overall experience has been good. I am pleased with the interface and the ease in which you can learn the tool.

Vantagens

The ability to queue/schedule updates during off peak hours. To reboot devices after applying updates. 3rd party software updates. Download throttling speeds.

Desvantagens

Sometimes the updates come out a day after patch Tuesday. Sometimes updates fail to deploy with weird error readings that's not very detailed.

SolarWinds Service Desk

We used other Manage Engine tools that we are happy with i.e. ServiceDesk

Hello Jason,

Can you share the details of these error messages with us? We'll identify and fix these issues.

You can write to us at [email protected]

Sandeep
  • Setor: Telecomunicações
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Ease to Patch Systems

Avaliado em 06/09/2019

It's a great tool, where my L1 & L2 Engineers also easily deploy patches, Adaptive Interface, Ease to Deploy and automate the same. Some more reporting features needed like pre & post-patch report for Selective patches.

Adaptive Interface & Automate Patch Deployment

Desvantagens

Reporting has to enhance more, where pre & post patches report for selective patches can be taken.

Hello Sandeep,

Improving pre-defined reports in currently in our roadmap. You can add your requirements in the link below:

David
David
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

Excellent patch management solution

Avaliado em 17/10/2018

After a bit of a learning curve to get setup and deployed, I set a daily job to roll out updates. After a few days I found that it had got through the workload and updated the clients effectively. It continues to manage the patching with little involvement from me. The only niggle is that it does leave servers pending a reboot, on occasion. This is not a slight on the product however, and it does empower you to do the reboots through its interface.

Vantagens

Support for wide variety of 3rd party products.
Excellent value for money.
Easy (overall) deploy and monitor.
Good support.
Once up and running works its way through the outstanding patch workload.

Desvantagens

Mainly niggles, but worth mentioning some. Do not let these put you off however, it is a solid product!

The portal creation process is a bit fragmented.
It is an element of a larger product, so most articles refer to that parent product.
The interface is feature rich but takes some getting used to (don't they all!).
Initial setup and deployment needed some teething and tinkering (support is good).
Support is decent but not immediate.
Issues deploying some 3rd party patches.
Shows some patches pending when they are not - isolated issue to couple of machines.
Performs best with an on-premise deployment server.
Patches may need multiple cycles - but this is due to some patches requiring reboots.

Hello David,

Thanks for the detailed review! We're working on most of the points you've mentioned in your review right now to improve the product on all fronts.

Derek
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

Good customer support

Avaliado em 13/11/2019

Good value for the money. I with the remote-office proxy module was included in the base price but hey, you can't have it all.

Vantagens

I like that there's a build-in chat window that connects me directly with Manage Engine support.

Desvantagens

Bugs. I've reported a couple of bugs but each time brought it to the attention of tech support it got fixed quickly.

Hello Derek,

We've been improving our QA process to minimize bugs in our product. Your feedback will help us with further streamling our QA process.

In case of future queries, you can write to us at [email protected]

Daniel
  • Setor: Contabilidade

Trial - Patching Solution

Avaliado em 17/10/2022

The trial testing has gone great! We are looking for a patching solution and ME has been a great help!

Vantagens

I like the ease of setting up the environment. Pushing out the agents to the machines is an easy process. Being able to see the dashboard of what is missing is great! I like the fact I can push our certain patches if they are more critical.

Desvantagens

No cons as of now, but will add some as we use the product going forward.

NinjaOne

Razões para escolher o ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Need a better solution that gives us more insight and flexibility.

Razões para mudar para o ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Still looking at them all, but ME gives us what we need at a good price.
Will
  • Setor: Gestão da educação

Patch Manager Plus Cloud SaaS Capabilities

Avaliado em 21/07/2020

Security posture of Microsoft Endpoints for users working from Home was a big challenge as third party software was causing security non-compliance events and disrupting the M365 Conditional Access policies.
Since deploying ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus from the ManageEngine cloud portal our security posture for both Microsoft and third party software has become much better and we no longer experience non-compliant conditional access blocks because of out of date software.

Vantagens

The product is very well designed for an on premises Active Directory network. It will work with remote Azure AD only devices directly from a cloud SaaS subscription but encounters some limitations around Feature Update Packs from Microsoft for Enterprise editions of Windows 10. All security rollups are deployed transparently as if users were on the corporate LAN. Overall this is an excellent product and with a bit of refinement feature updates to adjust to Azure AD only attached devices it will become a very powerful tool for security posture enforcement.

Desvantagens

It is not yet a seamless Cloud SaaS experience when using only Azure AD with no on-premises AD.

• Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Patch Manager Plus: A decent alternative to SCCM

Avaliado em 21/11/2019

Overall, I would say the product is worth looking into. They have good customer service, and the product works really well for non-prod patching, and gets the job done for prod patching.

Vantagens

The customer support for this product is really great. They offer a chat support, with immediate response for your issues. The product can be scaled to your needs. The product utilizes a third-party repository (Manage Engine's repository) for patches, so there is a sense of security there for the user that the patches being put into the repository have gone through a vetting process (They allow the user to further vet the patches as well, giving the option to 'DENY' a patch at any level). Works very similar to SCCM.

Desvantagens

We run a multi-domain, multi-location, Active/Non-Active environment, and configuring and optimizing the product for this type of environment has proven to be difficult. The Distribution servers do not pull all active patches from the main server, it only pulls patches that are being pushed, at the time you push them. Since patch downloads impact production servers, we have to push patches during a down window, which makes distribution servers in this solution useless, as it basically just adds another unnecessary step to the process. For environments where this would not be an issue (Non-production customer facing environments), this would not be an issue.

• Setor: Serviços ao consumidor

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Allowed us to send users home during Pandemic

Avaliado em 20/04/2021

When the pandemic hit and we had to send all our users home our network would crash once we deployed patches. Patch Manager allowed us to direct the users out their home internet to download patches rather than use the company network and saturate the link while also giving us the flexibility to control what gets patched.

Very easy to deploy
Automates deploying Security patches allowing us to maintain certifications
Flexibility to deploy Distribution Servers to save bandwidth for our brick and mortar offices

Desvantagens

The kb that lists which sites needed to be allowed through the proxy was not complete.

Rajneesh

Patching heterogeneous environment

Avaliado em 18/06/2020

Our Partners and their varied End-client experience no oversight of Success/Failure of patch deployment from SCCM. On the contrary, ME PatchManager Plus makes the job much easier and full control of Patch Deployment via Policies.

Vantagens

Simplified UI, Easy to Setup & Navigate, No need of expensive Consultant for setting up Patch Deployment, Policy based patch Deployment, Great Roadmap, Chat support is Awesome and always pro-active recommendations from ManageEngine.

Nothing at all, Everything is perfect with PatchManager Plus

Martin

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The software simplifies the process of identifying, deploying, and managing patches

Avaliado em 23/10/2023

Vantagens

It automates the deployment of security patches and updates, reducing the manual effort required to keep systems secure. Our Patch Manager Plus supports various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and third-party applications, making it suitable for heterogeneous IT environments. The tool can scan systems for vulnerabilities and prioritize patch deployment based on the criticality of identified vulnerabilities The manages updates for third-party applications, reducing security risks associated with unpatched software.

Desvantagens

The extensive feature set may require time to learn.

Kevin
  • Setor: Imobiliárias
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

Patch Manger Plus

Avaliado em 01/05/2020

Vantagens

The deployment method is great. I really like the fact that it does a inventory scan via agent to show what patches are installed and missing. The granular way of targeting a host or group via custom group and AD groups make patching easier to deal with. WOL, remote reboot, and shutdown is nice to have. Agent deployment comes with several choices from manual, GPO, to pushing out from console.

Desvantagens

I think the reporting could be better. I would be good to see better logs/error message when things fail to install whether it an agent or patch deployment.

Hello Kevin,

Can you elaborate on what is to be improved pertaining to reports? I'll also pass your feedback to our UI team to enhance the error texts.

• Setor: Recursos Humanos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Great for Server Patching, workstation patching needs some improvement.

Avaliado em 21/09/2018

This has helped us manage our patching, servers have been awesome, end user workstations can use some improvement.

Vantagens

Great product for patching servers. Solid list of supported products and related patches.

Desvantagens

Workstation patching is not as reliant as server patching. Pending reboot status is listed even after rebooting endpoint.

Hello,

I'll pass your feedback to the concerned team(s) and work on improving workstation patching.

Yogesh

Review ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus-Yogesh Thete

Avaliado em 07/03/2023

Vantagens

Auto scanning future very impactful. This software support all operating system. Dashboard is very impactful all details available on one dashboard

Desvantagens

I like dashboard. all notification & details available on dashboard

Resposta do ManageEngine

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our software. We are pleased to hear that the auto-scanning feature and dashboard have met your expectations.

Jayesh
  • Porte da empresa: 5 001 - 10 000 funcionários

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Review

Avaliado em 01/02/2023

Vantagens

This product is easy to use with user friendly UI and good features to help secure both Cloud and On Premises end points.

Desvantagens

Have not used cloud base app yet so can't say anything but it should be good.

Resposta do ManageEngine

Thank you for the positive review of our product. We're grateful for your support and glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Maria
Maria

Cloud application management software

Avaliado em 29/11/2022

This product enables departments to study workflows and create reliable reports based on real-time insights. Integration with operating system and third part application is effective. Production has increased and the workflow ecosystem performance has improved.

Vantagens

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus monitors performance of the applications from the premises and cloud based servers. It provides immediate solution to poor performing networking systems. It tests all the patches before deployment to curd risks that may occur

Desvantagens

The learning curve of mastering the operations of tis platform is complex. Cost of deployment is relatively high.

• Setor: Telecomunicações
  • Porte da empresa: 10 000+ funcionários

Patching over the Internet

Avaliado em 11/05/2021

Patching computers during covid which were never designed to be used offsite.

Patching computers during covid which were never designed to be used offsite.

Vantagens

Being able to patch end users over the internet and not using our VPN or depending on our users to be connected to the VPN all the time.

Desvantagens

Interface is sometimes hard to find things, they are fixing it but still a ways to go.

Cullen
Cullen
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários

Patch Manager Plus for Windows Patch Administration

Avaliado em 18/09/2018

PMP has become an essential administrative application which improves security and saves time and energy.

Vantagens

Automation tools. The 'Automate Patch Deployment' mechanism of the software is instrumental in maintaining secure infrastructure without sinking time into manually managing updates.

Desvantagens

The setup, teardown, migration and maintenance of the software in an on-prem installation using built-in binaries and tools can be clunky and hard to understand.

Hello Cullen,

We're working on easing the setup and maintenance of the product and will definitely consider your feedback.

• Setor: Gestão da educação
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Very useful and unexpensive software

Avaliado em 29/09/2022

Our experience for us is that manage engine is a time saver as you can manage all the infraestructure updates and remote control from one place

Vantagens

The easy to implement and the easy to use

Desvantagens

Nothing, this software worth every penny