Avaliações do Dropsource

Dropsource

Mobile development platform for building native iOS & Android apps

4.7/5 (17 avaliações)
Traduzir com Google

The quickest way to get an app into a prototype stage without prior mobile dev experience.

Avaliado em 06/07/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It makes it easy to prototype ideas and applications for clients and build production ready apps.

Vantagens

It provides not only the skeleton but puts meat on the bones so I can quickly build a truly native app. What attracted me to Drop Source was the fact that I could download the source code for the app (Swift for iOS, Java for Android), allowing me to inspect the code, debug, and use that as the base for a fully customized app down the road. The next most important feature for me is that I can access external services via API - 3rd party services and my own API. I just create a Swagger (Open API) description file and it gets integrated into the Drop Source IDE so that it knows the API endpoints, signatures, and data types. The Drop Source team has been incredibly responsive to my queries. Finally, being able to hit the "Play" button and have it load my app in an in-browser emulator is a nice plus.

Desvantagens

At the time that I'm writing this, they're just coming out of beta. As for cons, you can find yourself doing a lot of clicking to set various settings -- especially when dealing with API calls and event handling. But, that is the nature of visual designers and is to be expected. Beyond that, Drop Source has a lot of the "basics" covered when it comes to SDK coverage, but you'll want to make sure the features they offer meet your use case. Again, they are just coming out of beta and a number of features are on their road map.

Dropsource Review

Avaliado em 05/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I love the platform. It's one of the most innovative development tools rolled out since Microsoft's Visual Studio. The support is always solid and the assistance with build prep is tremendous. This product can only get better. I think Dropsource will corner the market overtime as long as they continue the push forward with feature roll outs.

Vantagens

The ease of use with the dev tools is amazing. As long as you understand basic logic flow of programming, you can build an app without any familiarity with native mobile technology. It's really quite amazing.

Desvantagens

For more experienced developers, there is still a ton of functionality needed which at this time is still not available, such as dynamic cell resizing in collection views, video uploading, UI position locking, and undo functionality to name a few. Hopefully these things will come in time.

Resposta do Dropsource

Thank you for the review Chris. We're glad Dropsource has been helpful for you. We also appreciate all the valuable feedback you provide through our support channels and to our product team. Thank you for being a valued community member.

Traduzir com Google

Working with the Dropsource team and product has been, easy, productive and generated the results.

Avaliado em 06/12/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Limited barrier to entry - cost. I did not have to hire a programmer (or two programmers) to design and code the application in the various development environments (xcode + Android Studio). Speed to Market. I was able to very quickly iterate on design and functionality in the Dropsource platform and test almost immediately on my hardware or via their web interface.

Vantagens

Developing a cross-platform mobile app (Android + iOS) did not require me to learn xcode and Android studio in depth to get a minimum viable product. A common interface for developing screens, an infrastructure for testing without having to always download and compile to test on a physical device increased time to market and productivity. The Dropsource team was always there (including nights and weekends) to assist with any questions.

Desvantagens

I had the opportunity to work with the Dropsource team as a beta customer - so I, along with the team, experienced some of the growing pains as the product matured. There were some aspects of how the product was implemented or behaved that were either not intuitive and/or not well documented. However, the Dropsource team was always available ready to answer questions or address platform issues. Documentation of features has improved tremendously as Dropsource has moved from beta to production.

Traduzir com Google

The only NATIVE app development solution out there in the market!

Avaliado em 30/06/2017

Vantagens

If you are not experienced with coding, but need to have an app developed, this is the most effective way to get it done. There are other alternatives, but thanks to this service you can create an app from scratch, design and functionality is your creation, not limited to awful templates full of branding like other services.

Desvantagens

You can build tiny apps, without too much functionality, very quickly. However, when your app becomes a bit more complicated, as Dropsource is yet a recently launched service, bugs start appearing, and you depend too much on the dev team. Hopefully they are always willing to help, but that's time you lose.

The other is pricing, this service is just limited to apps with lots of functionalities, but sometimes your customer only want a simple app with two tabs, not "the next great app out there in the market" and price is not really accurate in that case.

Traduzir com Google

Dropsource's customer service is second to none and the tool is easy to use even for a non-dev

Avaliado em 27/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Ability to directly build a native app without explaining to a dev team what I needed. This means our startup (without developers) can launch and validate a MVP very quickly

Vantagens

Once you have learnt the basics of the tool it is very fast to build, test and deploy. I have made enhancements to backend database design, updated swagger API file and implemented new functionality in my app in less than 15 min. Then build, deploy to my iPhone and test in another 10 minutes. All done by non-programmer, amazing. I love it.

Desvantagens

It was missing some functionality to integrate with my backend database/app but after explaining why this was so important for my app the Dropsource team quickly committed that they would enhance their product. This was then available in the next release cycle which was less than 3 weeks from request. Their customer service team is very responive.

Traduzir com Google

Dropsource is the ideal tool for non-technical entrepreneurs & dabblers to develop software

Avaliado em 22/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

With Dropsource I can develop my mobile app. Without Dropsource, I cannot. Consider the value of that to an entrepreneur. That's the benefit it gives me. :)

Vantagens

The drag and drop editor.
1. It depicts in a visual menu all available elements. For someone without a Computer Science degree or 4 years working as a front end developer, the time saving this provides is tremendous. You also are exposed to elements you didn't know you had a use for, yielding design improvements.
2. The drag and drop editor gives you precise control over how each element is depicted in the UI.

Desvantagens

Dropsource charges a fair price for an incredible, unique product.
My use case is that I'm a user who's using Dropsource to learn how to code as it's my primary tool and I need to build my skill. One difficulty I face is that learning how things work (getting my head around APIs, Databases, UI design, UX design, process workflows, and wireframes) is all mostly concurrent -- and I pay for my access to Dropsource all the while. It's a fair price, and abundantly worth it, but due to how long it takes me to "learn and do", the bills do stack up.
The solution is to stick it out, accumulate the necessary knowledge, and get quicker.

Traduzir com Google

Excellent way of app development instead of writing an app from scratch.

Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 24/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Cutting app development time, not worrying about connecting APIs manually. Certain features are added to the app by just clicking a button instead of hours of writing code.

Vantagens

Drag and drop interface, easy API integration and source code export. With little experience simple apps can be done in record time. Good documentation.

Desvantagens

Lacking certain features for complicated apps like string manipulation, but can be done on the backend instead.

Good Mobile Development Platform

Avaliado em 05/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Quick and light mobile app development and prototyping.

Vantagens

Without coding anything you can visually create powerful native mobile apps. Great for fast prototyping application screens. Makes front end development easy.

Desvantagens

Web based makes it somewhat limited and lacking certain features for complicated apps most things you need to develop on the backend APi.

7.0/10
Traduzir com Google

Dropsource is the best native mobile app solution!

Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 24/06/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The ability to make my own apps without needing to know Java or Swift.

Vantagens

It's native functionality and friendly support and staff. I also enjoy that Dropsource uses Swagger APIs that can be used to link Google sheets and even SAL databases to my apps.

Desvantagens

That I didn't learn about it sooner. Also I wish they would add the ability to duplicate page UIs and use predesigned UI templates.

Traduzir com Google

Great product with great potential and superior customer service

Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 29/06/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Rapid mobile development that integrates with any backend.

Vantagens

I am a python guy not swift or java. Dropsource helps me deliver a full package to my clients and myself without having to onboard another developer. Saving clients money and headaches for myself. The api integration is the best there is, as long as your api is up to snuff with swagger spec then it can be integrated very easily with your mobile app.

I have built apps in swift, obj-c, and java in the past but won't any more thats for sure.

Desvantagens

As with any drag and drop (it isn't purely drag and drop) service I am limited to the modules/plugins that are integrated currently. This currently isn't a deal breaker for me because you have access to the full source code so if I needed add something that Dropsource doesn't have then it still cuts down on time needed for additional code.

Traduzir com Google

Great solution to speed up time-to-market of native mobile apps.

Avaliado em 22/06/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We delivered apps to market in record speed.

Vantagens

Export professional code from simple WYSIWYG editor. Get access to truly native code for iOS and Android all using an intuitive visual builder.

Desvantagens

New product so it needs a stronger community. A bit confusing to developers not familiar with native app development, but senior developers will ramp up in no time.

Traduzir com Google

Dropsource changed my life!

Avaliado em 05/09/2018

Vantagens

How unbelievably simple it is to use! Could not be easier!

Desvantagens

Lack of animation options. It would be great if Dropsource could push one app to iOS and ANdroid at the same time.

Resposta do Dropsource

Thank you for the review Garrett! We're very glad to hear Dropsource has been valuable to you. We're actively exploring how we can expand our animation options, so stay tuned.

Traduzir com Google

Dropsource really makes developing apps easy and fun. For both platforms: Android & iOS

Avaliado em 08/07/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Finished and delivered 4 apps in a month time.

Vantagens

The fact that apps can be made for both platforms while maintaining the same interface and common features like device variables.

Desvantagens

The fact that it is web based makes it sometimes a little limiting. There should be dedicated apps for both macOS and Windows.

Traduzir com Google

Connect to any REST API, easily share prototypes!! Simply Loved it.

Avaliado em 05/03/2018

Vantagens

Designers / developers can work together easily, iterate quickly, forces you to use swagger / document your API correctly

Desvantagens

3rd party plugin support is growing but dropsource team has to add them, if you don't have an API already built it's tougher to use

Excellent for fast prototyping

Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 07/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Even though a number of limitations in terms of what you can build and some non-convenient features, still you can easily go from zero to a beautiful and functional app vey fast.

Vantagens

The speed with which you can test your ideas, experiment and push them to Apple Store. Easy to build UI, easy to integrate with backend and additional services.

Desvantagens

Some build errors are not explained therefore have to spend a lot of time figuring what caused them.

Resposta do Dropsource

Dmitry, thank you for the honest review. We're actively working to increase our supported feature and functionality sets to decrease any limitations. We'd love to connect directly to hear more about how we can improve.

Traduzir com Google

W e would never had a mobile solution if it wasn't for the ease and accessibility of Dropsource.

Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 29/06/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Dropsource helped us develop and deliver a mobile companion app to our web presence, opening our selves up to a larger number of customers.

Vantagens

It's all web based so in this era of software as a solution it fits right in with our portfolio of tools and solutions.

Desvantagens

Dropsource lacks some WYSIWYG elements that we have gotten used to with local based tools. It's all minor and with some practice we were able to get the results we were looking for.

Traduzir com Google

Easy for non technical people to design simple mobile apps

Usado Mensal durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 22/02/2018

Vantagens

Good for rapid prototyping.
Easy to style elements.
Growing community of users to ask questions and get answers.

Desvantagens

Hard to connect custom APIs.
Multiple nested views to handle event driven behavior. Maybe they could try a visual logic editor like in Unreal Engine.