Avaliações do Invoice Ninja

Invoice Ninja

Open-source invoice, expense & task management platform

4.9/5 (84 avaliações)
Jason W.
Traduzir com Google

Has vastly improved my invoicing process and made easy what was once an arduous task.

Avaliado em 31/10/2017

Vantagens

This software is so easy to use, but is packed with features! Everything gets calculated automatically, and all of my clients' information is stored in one place. Probably the most valuable feature for me is the automatic email reminders, since some clients forget to pay me on time. I never have to go back and figure out who's paid me and who hasn't, since Invoice Ninja tracks this for me. I can even see who has Viewed my invoices, which is very helpful.

Desvantagens

1. I think recurring invoices can be improved. Ideally, payments would automatically be drafted at each interval, rather than emailing an invoice for client to pay. Also, I'd like a better way to automatically display the correct service date range for quarterly invoices when the recurring invoices are generated. For annual invoices, I can use the year variable which would change each year, but for custom date ranges every quarter I haven't figured out an automatic method. I just change the date range manually before the next invoice is sent.

2. Although data can be exported, tax information is not. It would be VERY helpful to have sales tax info exported as well, instead of total invoice amounts. Currently, I have to look at each invoice individually each quarter when filing state sales tax returns. That is the only way I can determine pre-tax revenue amounts.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your very kind review! Please email us and we'll help you setup auto-billing so your invoices are automatically paid. When editing a recurring invoice if you click the question mark next to the frequency select you'll see some more help. Invoice item taxes have been added to the export in our latest release.

Erik W.

Affordable Feature-Rich Small Business Invoicing Software

Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 27/04/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Invoice Ninja saves me a ton of administrative time as it allows me to track time spent on projects for clients, create quotes and invoices with ease, and doesn't have a plethora of "extras" that I'd otherwise be paying for (but not necessarily using) through another invoicing provider.

Overall it provides me with the best value for an entry-level invoicing solution based on the features I currently need, so I don't see myself switching from Invoice Ninja for quite some time.

Vantagens

I settled on Invoice Ninja after trying a plethora of other free or low-cost open source invoicing platforms because it's super easy to navigate, and handles importing and exporting data with ease. Installing a self-hosted instance was a breeze and updates have always gone smoothly without causing any downtime for me. Managing client contact information to generate quotes or track time is simple, as is creating, sending, and getting paid for Invoices. I definitely recommend Invoice Ninja to any small business looking for a relatively simple and inexpensive invoicing solution.

Desvantagens

I don't have many complaints about Invoice Ninja, but there are a few things I'd like to see improved in future updates. Invoice Ninja's self-hosted installation & update process becoming easier through an automated installer / updater, similar to WordPress, would be great to see for those who are less technically savvy. I'd also love to see service tracking / ticketing implemented for repair tracking, and maybe even job tracking for businesses with mobile technicians or tradesmen, like plumbers or mobile mechanics. The Invoice Ninja team is very open with users about what needs fixing and implementing though, so I know they'll listen if enough people request a specific feature or report bugs.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Fantastic review! Regarding your feedback, right now we're working to launch a "ticketing" system that we also be used as a CRM & in-house tool for your team, you can see the video here for a pre-release demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u3j2sCwrvc

Thank you again!!!

Aurore N.
Traduzir com Google

After trial testing, I signed up for pro version and am very satisfied with it !

Avaliado em 30/04/2018

Vantagens

First of all, a multilingual app is great, more comfortable to work in your native language.

One of the greatest feature in task and timer (timer can be installed directly on computer). In one click, task (with detailed timing) can be transformed in invoice, and a second click to send it to the client. I saved so much time with that !!

Working in graphic design, invoice template is important to me. I tested many billing and invoicing systems. Finally Invoiceninja was the best choice. Nice templates for beginners. And customization allows good design (just need to work on code, but support and videos help you on that).

Customer support is great, very quick (reply few minutes later) and very helpful.
Clients propose various new features through the forum, and the dev team continue to improve the app considering clients feedback.

Finally, invoices and quotes are so easy to create, there is no need to say more on that!
Products list is a smart feature. Creating a catalogue of all products ans services makes invoicing very fast and intuitive. Once again, so much time saved.

There is plenty of options in this app. Through features and custom fields, the app becomes your app, according your needs and your billing way.

I can't wait to use Zapier to connect my shop with the invoicing app. After that, administrative works will not need anymore dedicated days on my calendar (only few minutes per month)

Desvantagens

Actually, I can not think of any cons.
Of course, it is natural to want more and more features but comparing to other apps, this app is the best and more accurate.
Moreover, after many topics on support forum, support helped me a lot to resolve all issues.
And try to add new features or options to match these needs.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your kind review! I'm so glad that you're enjoying the platform and features! If we can add anything or address any questions, we're here to help! Thanks again!

Mike S.
Traduzir com Google

Outstanding software, easy to use, with amazing support.

Avaliado em 30/04/2018

Vantagens

Invoice Ninja is extremely easy to use, which is their main point. But that ease of use doesn't mean it doesn't have powerful features. There's plenty of functionality for freelancers such as myself to make getting paid a snap.

The developers are also a top-notch group. Any time I've had an issue or a question, they're always quick to either fix a bug or point out exactly what I need to do to solve a problem. You don't get that from larger shops that have a bunch first-tier support people following a script. Having a developer team that communicates efficiently with the user base makes all the difference in the world.

From an administrative standpoint, I could probably run it on a toaster as long as I had enough space for my database. If you choose to go the self-hosted route, there's no need for high-end VPS solutions. A single core with a gig of ram and some storage is more than enough to get you up and running.

Desvantagens

If I had to pick something to gripe about, it would be that the setup process for self-hosted can be a bit finnicky for beginners. But once you get the hang of it, it's really not that bad. Setting up my own deployment has helped me learn a lot about Linux administration, so it's a win in the end.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Wow! Great review! "Outstanding software, easy to use, with amazing support." this says it all! Thank you for much for your kind words and support!

Terry H.

I have been using Invoice Ninja for years now

Avaliado em 14/06/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The customers pay me on time!

Vantagens

This is free and open source invoice system. I have been using this for over two years and loved it! It is easy for my clients and me. It also helps my clients to understand what they owe and what the cost the products. I have used various payment gateways for this and have not had a single complaint from any of my clients. This software is highly recommended to anyone, and I have been telling my clients about Invoice Ninja for a long time. They do host your invoice, or you can do self-hosting. It works great along with WordPress or other CMS to add the buy now button or recurring invoices. I had used hosted by Invoice Ninja when I didn't have to host account or a place to host it, and now I am hosting it on my dedicated server. Whenever I have an issue with anything, they will respond to the email very quickly and help you fix the problems.

Desvantagens

There is not one single thing I do not like about this software. If I didn't like this software, I would have gone with another invoice system.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Great review! This sentence says it all: " customers pay me on time" that is our goal! Thank you so for our kind review, we're super happy that it helps you GET PAID!

Traduzir com Google

A great solution for small business invoicing.

Avaliado em 13/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Whether using the hosted version, or hosting yourself, Invoice Ninja is a great option for handling your small business invoicing.

Vantagens

The invoicing is super easy, and the recurring invoicing is a big plus to this software. Time tracker for tracking hours for billable billing...expense tracker as well...all easy to use features that I've been quite happy with. I switched from another service that I loved, but had become too expensive, and have been very happy that I switched as I have more features available with Invoice Ninja. One of the features I LOVE, is the ability to set up multiple companies on one login!

Desvantagens

I would love to see an option for recurring billing setup with Paypal so my recurring invoice clients can "set it and forget it". I would also like to see a little more flexibility with template customizing via the admin, I had to make some changes via code, which isn't a problem for me, but less savvy users may find that a detriment.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Great review! We appreciate your kind words! We're working everyday to add features, and keep the pricing down! We're so happy that you found Invoice Ninja, thank you again!

Eric L.
Traduzir com Google

Streamlined my invoicing and quoting

Avaliado em 23/03/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Invoice Ninja has allowed us to streamline our process for quotes and invoices. Since switching we are able to get quotes and invoices out to customers almost instantly without techs having to refer everything back to the office.

Vantagens

I love that I can access Invoice Ninja from anywhere whether I'm in my office or infront of a customer I can quickly put together a quote, lookup a product or send off an invoice.

With the customer portal my customers know exactly where they stand, saving my staff time from having to look up information for customers.

We love that customers can accept or decline quotes, and pay invoices right from their email or portal. Getting notifications when customers have completed actions such as viewing an invoice helps us know where our customers stand in the quote and invoice process.

Desvantagens

I wish the project and time tracking modules were improved a bit, they don't exactly fit our needs, but it's not a deal breaker.

I also would love to be able to add pictures of each product so that when the customer sees a quote or invoice they can see a picture of the product.

Laura K.
Traduzir com Google

Extremely easy to use, very clear and intuitive

Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 10/10/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I think the toggle menu on the right (displaying the latest invoices) is not necessary, so I just keep it closed.

Vantagens

I operate a small freelance business, and Invoice Ninja is perfect for my needs. I have no accounting/bookkeeping experience or knowledge, and I find that with Invoice Ninja, I can do everything I need to invoice my clients and get paid online very easily and quickly.
Customer support is beyond anything I've seen before. When I've had questions or issues in the past, I've sent an email and received a response almost instantly.
The free version is very suitable for my needs, and they don't hassle me to upgrade. It really is free.
My clients are very happy with the system. It makes receiving/paying invoices and receiving receipts very easy for them too.
I also really like the fact that the invoices look good, without me having to do anything really. I'm a writer - not a bookkeeper, not a software programmer, and not a graphic designer. Invoice Ninja is a good solution that doesn't demand any special knowledge or effort from me. From my poitn of view, that's probably its strongest point.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review, we really appreciate it!

Raymond O.
Traduzir com Google

Hands down the best value for money product we got for our business.

Avaliado em 13/01/2018

Vantagens

This software has streamlined our interaction with our clients like no other product.
I can't remember the last time a client phoned and asked us to send a statement.
Clients ask us what software we are using. Everybody who uses it is pleased with it.
Now that we have been using it for a while, there is real value in seeing all the transactions in one place. New features are constantly being added. Response from support requests are always promptly handled. I love Invoice Ninja.

Desvantagens

I honestly can't think of anything that I am not happy with. There are no negatives.
When multiple contacts are loaded for a company, the one that was loaded first, is always the one shown on the invoice, even after a different contact was selected. A minor issue.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your stellar review!

Rio P.
Traduzir com Google

We used to use Clearbooks... InvoiceNinja assassinated that.

Avaliado em 05/06/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Just better finance management. Its very clear in its operation. You can see at a glance whats happening within the company, how much money is owed and how much is earned every quarter etc. Brilliant.
haven't found anything as of yet (using it for 6 months paid) and the monthly updates keep improving it. will edit this to reflect if any problems arise

Vantagens

We are a small digital company based in Scotland and were using clear books... then out of the blue Invoice Ninja got recommended by a client. Its transformed our company finances. Clearbooks had too much, other softwares had very little. Invoice Ninja is right bang in the middle, giving you the necessary tools to go ahead, which is excellent.

They keep updating it so its better every month aswell.

-Its extremely fluid and easy to use
-updating it on the road with the app is excellent
-its very clear cut, no clutter

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your excellent review! Please feel free to email us at [email protected] to let us know what features you'd like to see added next. In case you haven't seen it you can follow our roadmap here: https://trello.com/b/63BbiVVe/invoice-ninja

CRM, Invoicing and Expense Tracking all in one platform

Avaliado em 11/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Very satisfied with it. I really appreciate that they continue to improve the platform and roll out new features.

Vantagens

This fits my needs running a small business. I can create quotes and invoices easily. I can give my clients visibility over their invoice and payment history. I can use it to track my expenses and payments. It integrates with Paypal Business. The dashboard gives me a great overview of revenue, expenses and outstanding collections, as well as alerts of recent payments, upcoming invoices and past due items. Plus, it's open-source and they continue to improve on it.

Desvantagens

It has a lot of flexibility. That said, it does have a learning curve. My advantage was that it was already a great fit for my current workflow. So it was easy for me to get up and running quickly.

Vince F.
Traduzir com Google

I have been an avid user for last ~6 months; excellent in all ways.

Avaliado em 19/09/2017

Vantagens

The product strikes me as having been built exactly to my needs. The functionality is complete, logically designed, and in keeping with the theme entrepreneurs crave "I want to get things done quickly and looking professional...". Customer service is incredible. Even after reviewing their well supplied help pages, sometimes I want to talk to a person. I have received responses in 5 minutes to 2 hours which is among the best of the best of any service I have ever used over 2 decades. And they keep adding features, some of which I didn't even think about but have come to incorporate into my operations. I am envious of how high quality a product and service they deliver as i strive for similar in my business. Lastly, IN holds great value/cost relationship for small & young startups like me. I can not say enough good things.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Probably the nicest review we've ever received, thank you for your kind words!!

Brandon B.
Traduzir com Google

The Best Invoicing Program Out There!

Avaliado em 04/07/2019

Vantagens

Everything! This software is so easy to use and has provided me with effortless invoicing to my clients. I don't have a big business so having a free invoicing program that makes me look good is really awesome!

Desvantagens

Honestly have nothing bad to say about InvoiceNinja

Traduzir com Google

Invoice and the team running it are amazing!

Avaliado em 19/10/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Fast and intuitive, allow me to manage my invoices, quote, recurring from one interface.

Vantagens

Nice UI/UX, really impressive on how easy it is to manage your business with that.
I also love the buy buttons, that allow to turn any web page in a professional shop.

Desvantagens

I'm also using the open source version of it, and the optimization is still a bit misterious, I have a bit of troubles to make it as fast as the online version.
But I'll figure it out :)

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your very kind review! Feel free to email us and we'll help you optimize your install. We'll also try to add clearer instructions in the docs.

Lindsay S.
Traduzir com Google

Highly functional and perfect for freelancers and those with lower volume invoicing needs

Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 27/06/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I can see my metrics for cash coming in and payments made right when I log in. The ease of adding terms to the invoices, creating products/clients, and the beautiful interface are what keep me using it instead of looking for some other alternative.

Vantagens

First off, I love that it's free. I'm a big fan of free, open source software. The basic features I need to run my business are included with the free version that are super helpful: adding products/services/clients and saving them for later use, the ability to create quotes and convert them to invoices if I win that business, and an invoice generator which allows me to send the invoice directly to the client from the website's dashboard.

Desvantagens

My only complaint is that all of the features I really want are in the Pro (paid) version, and I just can't bring myself to pay just for invoice aesthetics or saving a bit of time and energy here and there with integrations. If your business does a lot of transactions, it would likely be worth it so that you don't have to go in and touch it 50 different times a week.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your great review! If you're on the fence about our $8/ month Pro Plan, we'll be happy to give you a year for free to test it out! Please let us know, and thanks again!

Brad M.
Traduzir com Google

Self-hosted option has incredible features - more than most invoice/project software in the market

Avaliado em 02/05/2018

- Client portal
- Invoice customisation
- Clean, user-friendly design
- Self-hosting option
- Low price
- No monthly cost for self-hosting
- No restrictions apart from white-label logo removal
- Loads of settings for invoices, quotes, clients and payments
- Support for accepting multiple payment gateways for invoice payments and support for payment gateway fees
- Ability to setup recurring invoices
- Very comprehensive invoice/quote auto-emailing system

- Currently no support for Dropbox or file sharing system
- PHP 7 and Lavarel can be tricky for setting up self-hosting server
- Currently no ability to customise admin area with own logo/branding
- Mobile layout is a bit clunky and could have better navigation
- No calendar or planning functionality - would be nice to have some Gaant Chart or milestone planning functionality that ties in with tasks

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your great review! We are just now relaunching our mobile apps, they're amazing, please reach out to us if you would like early access. Also, we are launching a new ticketing system that works with teams, this may be a great solution for you based on your comments.

Thank you again, please let us know if we can assist any any way!

Margaret A.
Traduzir com Google

Invoices with my branding and ability to accept payment with Stripe

Avaliado em 18/07/2017

Vantagens

I went with the hosted paid version, which allows me to include my logo and custom number my invoices. I can keep a simple product list for filling in my invoices, and accept payments with Stripe. Clients have had no problem paying their invoices since I started in January 2017.

Desvantagens

I wish it accepted both Stripe and PayPal, but I haven't figured that out. Occasionally it hangs for a bit after creating a new client but doesnt freeze anywhere else. The reports are useful, but the Tax Rate one doesn't include the client's name, only invoice numbers and from what I can tell it is in first name order when I look the numbers up.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thanks for your review! Feel free to email us if you'd like help setting up PayPal along with Stripe or if you experience any software issues. We'll make sure to add the client name to the tax report in our next release.

Traduzir com Google

The best invoicing software on the market

Avaliado em 08/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We used zoho and another alternative before, both were crap. Many more people should use invoice ninja, we are very very satisfied ! Our customers love their portal a lot as well.

- Very complete solution
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Online signing & payment for customers
- AMAZING support
- Affordable
- I'm pretty much sure we've never encountered any software issue
- So much more to say

Desvantagens

- Custom invoice template a bit hard to setup, not very standard . But we managed to have a layout we like.

Vincent K.
Traduzir com Google

searched for time registration, found an exceptionally well working program

Avaliado em 12/03/2018

Vantagens

When I started to use Invoice Ninja, I didn't know all the options and possibilities nevertheless the opensource version was quick to install. During my updates and using the program I started to love the program and started exploring all features. All my yearly and monthly invoices are sent automatically and time registration is done with a breeze.

Desvantagens

The only Con is that in the community version is not a update the software button. The update process in itself is simple (overwriting all files with the updates files) it could be easier.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your excellent review! Agreed, we hope to improve the selfhost update process in the future.

Ali Y.
Traduzir com Google

Huge value for the price

Avaliado em 04/09/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

On-time and easy payments from clients

Vantagens

Love that Invoice Ninja is super easy to use and has a variety of valuable features. Additionally, the price is right!

Desvantagens

Wish it would integrate with Quickbooks, but even though it doesn't, it's value outweighs the costs of having to manually enter client payments.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank your for your review! If you use Quickbooks online you can integrate the apps using Zapier: https://zapier.com/zapbook/invoice-ninja/quickbooks/ Otherwise, maybe you can import/export the data. Feel free to email us for help.

Kaled H.

Self Hosted Invoice Ninja User

Avaliado em 17/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Invoice Ninja has no competitors in it's class!

Vantagens

every feature works and is easy to configure, it is reliable and works with so many payment gateways! The tech team really keeps up with hard to find features such as client signature on PDF invoice! that one alone is very hard to find in almost any other software without a lot of work to implement. It's mobile friendly with no CSS modifications required.

Desvantagens

can't think of anything I don't like about it

Traduzir com Google

Very satisfied with this product and the support behind it!

Avaliado em 14/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

After years of searching for invoice software to meet my personal technological demand I found Invoice Ninja. I am absolutely blown away! Operating a small business is no task for the meek, but when your invoicing software allows you to document so much to one invoice you know you have your bases covered. This product meet ever want i have ever had to present to my customers. I am self hosted for the first time in my life and find myself released from my host's many charges. I chose white-label only to show my support for this wonderful product. Even the support and customer service professionalism rocks my world. Any speed bump I had during the installation process was immediately straightened out by "Keymaster" Hillel Coren via google search and previously answering issues. Thank you all deeply for such a finely tuned wonderful creation.

Vantagens

Above every other great part of this program I am very please with it's simplistic interface.

-documents attached to e-mail and pdf
-mobile app just as clean as the web interface
-diverse payment gateways
-2FA security (never thought I would use this but they made this very easy)
-variety of from free to paying solutions with a few added benefits to each
-exports as needed

Desvantagens

when I find some I'll have to come back and fill this in.

Michael S.

Great App for Freelancers and Small Business

Avaliado em 04/09/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Easy to create invoices for my clients, automatic follow up emails.

Vantagens

Free tier is great for creating invoices. Even the top tier is cost effective for Freelancers or Small Businesses who need the extra features.

Always being updated, it is open source so if you want to assist or add your own features you can do what you want.

Desvantagens

Could use a time-tracking feature, especially if it is aimed towards freelancers who are wanting to bill their time.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your extremely kind review! We agree entirely, we're working to improve our time tracking in an upcoming release: https://trello.com/c/9t8vEOWp/33-added-time-tracker

Juan P.
Traduzir com Google

The overal experience its been very successful over the last 2 years I been using the product.

Avaliado em 31/10/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

A central database with clients and providers, invoices, estimates, payments .
they have a mobile app and also a time tracking software.

Vantagens

Excellent product, the support its awesome.
My experience in general its very grateful, tried several invoices system but this has just what I need.

Thanks Invoice Ninja for this excellent product.
A Happy client!... Happy Days!

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your generous review!

Traduzir com Google

Invoice Ninja handles all my invoicing perfectly

Avaliado em 20/03/2018

Vantagens

Invoice Ninja is extremely flexible, allowing me to automate my invoicing so that I can focus on growing my business. I use everything from the invoice reminders to the Zapier and Stripe integrations to provide a simple-to-use payment system to my clients.

Desvantagens

I have no complaints about Invoice Ninja. And because they are continually adding new functionality, I've learned new ways to improve my invoicing process.

Resposta do InvoiceNinja

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're working on some great new features for our next release in a few weeks :)