74 avaliações

Epicor ERP

ERP for make-to-order & mixed-mode manufacturers

3,9 /5 (74 avaliações) Escreva uma avaliação!
Classificação geral

Robust ERP System Ideal for Manufacturing

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 21/11/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We’ve been pleasantly surprised at how it is turning out to meet our business needs, while knowing the amount of work necessary to get it set how we need.

Vantagens

Easily mass upload and update data. Configurable modules to meet your business needs. Responsive, knowledgeable and helpful consultants.

Desvantagens

Some restrictions which are costly to customize and work around. Forms are not easily edited. Many modules are an extra added cost to subscribe every year.

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Alicia, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear that the data mangagement aspects of our ERP is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at [email protected] to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 9.0/10

Robert C.
Setor: Petróleo e energia

Great ERP

Avaliado em 30/04/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It has been great we have found errors in our engineering program and saved a great deal of money. It has allowed us to have all of the different departments all in one ERP.

Vantagens

It has truly helped the company grow and able to analyze what works and what isn't. Purchasing and Project Management is simple and straightforward.

Desvantagens

It isn't aesthetically pleasing and I have noticed many users like it to be sleek..

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your review of Epicor ERP. We're pleased to hear it has helped you identify areas of improvement in your organization. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at [email protected] to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Setor: Hardware

Not a great CRM

Avaliado em 04/07/2020

Vantagens

Has scope for customisation and works well when used as an ERP

Desvantagens

When used as a CRM, the software is very slow
Requires technical knowledge and a lot of development time to make changes (create views, reports, etc)

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. Your feedback is invaluable to us. We would like to learn more about the performance issues you are experiencing so we can deliver a solution quickly. Please email us at [email protected] with your contact information so we can assist you.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 6.0/10

Lisa M.

Avaliado em 24/02/2020

Vantagens

I used this software for 6 years and so I really got to know the ins and outs of it. It's hard to say what I liked most because I didn't really like it that much. One positive is that it's a very robust product probably best suited to a much larger company than ours.

Desvantagens

As the out of the box product, there is zero ability to customize anything without paying another company to do it for you. It's possible to make changes if you have training or an additional module, neither of which I had.
There are many security measures in place that makes it difficult to undo something or revise after you've done it.

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Lisa, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're sorry to hear you didn't like the software. We would like to learn more about the issues you experienced. Please email us at [email protected] with your contact information, so we can assist you. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 1.0/10

Peter U.
Setor: Petróleo e energia
Traduzido para o Português

Great for quoting engineered to order equipment and systems

Avaliado em 29/04/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall its been great. There is no perfect system so sometimes just takes getting familiar with to understand the full capability of the system.

Vantagens

This ERP makes it extremely easy to quote items that do not have part numbers set up in the system. We fabricate custom designed process equipment which requires many purchased components. And often times our customers require us to follow their specific Approved Material List which could include components we have not purchased before.
Epicor allows to quote parts, kits, systems without forcing us to create part numbers which makes quoting very easy and quick. No sense in setting up part numbers if we don't have the job yet.

Desvantagens

The CRM part is not the greatest. Needs to be improved or allow Sales Force or other leading CRM software to tie in to Epicor.

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Peter, thanks so much for your feedback on Epicor ERP. It's great to hear that quoting engineered to order equipment and systems is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at [email protected] to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Carmen O.

Only used for 2 years. Easy to use but complicated steps for simple task

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

MRP functionality for our business. Better business tools . Improved processes. Increased communication because of shared information system provides.

Vantagens

It is user friendly , and has good basic functionality . Structure of menu modules make sense and makes it easy to move in and out of different screens. Information at your reach with a key stroke. easy to download to excel for more customized usage.

Desvantagens

Some functionality which I feel is a basic process is complicated for the user . Some fields should default information instead of user having to key in. Needs more flexibility . Biggest issue is when a new version comes out.....something that was working before is no longer working. And its not a customization its core functionality.

Bryn M.

Great ERP

Avaliado em 28/04/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It is easy to use and pick up, taught myself quite a bit.

Vantagens

The ability to customize reports is outstanding. I also like that I can easily find the information I need when I need it.

Desvantagens

Modules. You have to purchase quite a few separate modules to be able to use everything which can cost

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Bryn, thanks so much for your review of Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the customized reporting is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at [email protected] to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Daniel B.
Setor: Automação industrial

Epicor

Avaliado em 09/04/2020

Vantagens

We use a ton of customizations and personalization. The ability to do so is awesome!

Desvantagens

We are a job shop, non-stock parts with many only being built once. Epicor 10 is more geared towards stock jobs and continued quantities

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Daniel, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the customization functionality is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at [email protected] to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Steven H.
Setor: Aparelhos médicos

Snap Shot of EPICOR from USER

Avaliado em 24/04/2020

GOOD +

It was easy to learn for me - Been a user for 5 years

Desvantagens

I have no issues with this software.
I cant think of anything I dont like after 5 years of being a user.

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Steven, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear it is working well for you and you've found it intuitive. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at [email protected] to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Judy M.

Very Labor intensive

none

Vantagens

Really, nothing!. A lot more work with very little better results, I see no great improvement at all. I feel that you changed thing to benefit a few user but not the majority of us

Not as easy to use as 8 was a lot more labor intensive
Can't change a conversion factor if it was entered incorrectly. You could in 8
Less bang for the buck in my opinion. Since going to 10 we are not even using the scheduling as we should be

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Judy, Thank you for your response, we value your feedback. We are working with our team to contact you for follow up.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 1.0/10

Setor: Mobiliário

ERP for Medium-sized manufacturers

Avaliado em 16/03/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Epicor ERP is the lifeblood of our company. It has all the transactional records and ensures items are produced, delivered, and invoiced efficiently.

Requires a large up-front investment of time and energy to get set up, but once it has gone LIVE, you won't be able to imagine running your business without it.

Vantagens

Epicor ERP is an all-in-one solution for medium-sized manufacturers. It covers everything needed and has lots of optional modules.

We use it for:
Purchasing
Inventory
Production
AP & AR invoicing

The Epicor team has worked hard to improve the software over the years, and it is now 100% Microsoft Stack. The SQL database can be queried from within the software using reports and dashboards, or externally using Business Intelligence software such as Power BI or Tableau.

The price point is better compared to some of its larger competitors in the ERP space. If you have less than 200 users, Epicor will be a much more cost-effective ERP than the ERP leaders.

The opportunities for customisation and personalisation are very high.

Desvantagens

Earlier versions of Epicor ERP were slow and clunky, but the new version is really fast. Also, you need experts to help you implement the software, and a dedicated team to maintain it.

This is not an "out of the box" solution. It requires you to map your business processes and then implement the software carefully to suit the way your business works. You can customise almost anything you want in the system, but greater customisation brings with it added complexity and possible issues when upgrading point releases and versions.

Jeff E.
Setor: Engenharia mecânica ou industrial
Traduzido para o Português

Great for Tracking Manufacturing Costs, Managing Schedules, and Controlling Inventory!

Avaliado em 05/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I've spent 15 years with Epicor ERP products (including their former ERP product, Vista), from full implementation to training and running / maintaining over the years. I absolutely LOVE Epicor ERP, as I lived in it for such a long time and saw it meet the needs of an extremely challenging manufacturing environment! My experience with Epicor support has been very positive as well.

Vantagens

Epicor ERP is an exceptional software product for manufacturing environments! It's strongest points are Inventory Control (Including perpetual inventory tracking and extensive Bill of Materials functionality), Manufacturing Routing and Scheduling, and Job Costing. It also does a good job at Quote and Order Management, and standard accounting (AR, AP, GL's etc).

The UI itself, while very expansive, is easy to navigate and laid out very logically. The MES (shop floor) module is also fairly straight-forward to use for the production employees.

The software offers some great tools like their BAQ feature (Business Activity Queries), which allows extensive SQL Queries to be designed and used within the UI without having to have SQL scripting / programming knowledge. The entire UI also has a "field help" feature, which allows you to access table names, field names, and field function info right from within any screen in the UI! For people with SQL and UI knowledge, Epicor ERP offers some really good customization features as well!

If Inventory, Scheduling, Job Costing and Quote/Order Management are your biggest priorities, I'm of the opinion that Epicor ERP is the BEST choice out there!

Desvantagens

There are a LOT of options throughout the system, including areas like scheduling and costing. These settings and options can be overwhelming for sure, so it's critical to have a solid team of power users who have a good understanding of options and how things work!

I would like to see Epicor ERP have a few more integration features, such as email and calendar integrations.

Alan H.
Traduzido para o Português

Overall great experience it in terms of scalability, customization, and providing business needs.

Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 07/03/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I learned how to create SSRS reports. I learned how to customize different menu items using the wide variety of customization tools. I learned how to query data and transform them in many different ways to present accurate reports. I learned how to use the many menu items and modify them to our business needs. I learned how to develop business process flows for our company to reference whether it's entering an order, tracking an order, creating a job, etc. I learned how to troubleshoot errors that arise. I learned how to identify what causes errors within the software. I learned how to map out what what each menu item is used for. Overall it is a great learning experience and there is much more to learn from this software and I am grateful for having to work with this software.

Vantagens

I mostly like the ease of use of this software. Data entry and Data queries are easy to do with the many screens provided in this software. One thing to mention is the powerful search function to find different screens, displays their path within this software so that is also a big plus. Another positive is the overall navigation of this software with the different modules feels natural because of the 'tree view' option for the menu items. The different maintenance screens are set up pretty nicely and can be customized depending on what type of SaaS option you have so that is great as well. I also really like the security settings I can adjust to prevent users from accessing certain screens or hiding certain fields from them. One final mention for this section would have to be the SSRS integration. I design lots of reports and it is extremely easy to pull data into an SSRS report and present them how I want it.

Desvantagens

Of all the pros that I have listed in the previous section, there are some cons to mention as well. One mention that I like least about this software is the optimization of this software. Many screens take at least 2 minute to open and that is with the recommended hardware specs provided. Another mention is that the PDF reports take at least 2 minute or more to view. I know that the reports are server side and I don't know the process flow of it but it would be nice to click the print preview button and 3 seconds later, have the report show.

Gordon E.

Changed our company in 1996 and still improving how we serve our customers

Avaliado em 04/10/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Increased profitability, and the best record keeping ability I have seen in any software to date. I am confident I can get whatever my customer needs in less time than any competitor, especially if it isn't in stock. I can and do recommend this software, and I am involved with a number of user groups, IT groups, and machining groups who are always asking what we use and how we keep it functional.

Vantagens

This software allows a quoter to include every facet of a project before it gets a customer PO. From that quote, every detail is able to be brought through to the order, the job, the packing slip, and the final invoice. There are so many different ways to track various phases of the project as it moves through. Every detail can be recorded if every employee is disciplined enough to make the input. Then, 10 years from now, when the machine finally has a hiccup, (and assuming everyone entered all the details) you know every purchased part and have a link to every drawing used in manufacturing. Your customer will be amazed when you can recite those part numbers and pull prints within minutes 10 years later with absolute accuracy. You will eliminate QuickBooks, sales force or any other CRM, MS Project, and a host of programs that are not integrated and require multiple entries once you are fully functional. This software will transform your company, and you will become more profitable than you were before. Your work week will never be under 50 hours again, and you will either learn very facet of the software of spend well over 100k every year to keep it running, but if you stay on every employee all the time to do their best and do YOUR best, you will realize some incredible benefits. Our company does more with 20 people than many companies do with 50, and we manufacture parts and machinery. We can credit a lot of that success to the Epicor ERP system.

Desvantagens

There are a few Caveats. There is no way you can employ a single person who is not college educated. Without math skills, great writing and data entry skills, and an exceptional amount of discipline, you will not get the quality inputs, and the software will not be able to give quality outputs. Slowly, over a period of about 3-5 years, you will come to the realization that people just cant come up to the level of inputting the information correctly, and you will have to decide if you want this software to work and be useful of if you want to eliminate these people. There is no other way, it simply cant work. Garbage in - Garbage out.
The complexity of the entire computer industry has taken the decision that they are going to complicate every facet that they can to require you to hire consultants to do what for 20 years you could easily do yourself. Continual updates, incredibly complicated reporting that an average person used to be able to do, and a constant push to the cloud really get in the way of helping your customers at every turn. It is almost as if, as a machine shop in our case, your mission is to configure software all day and never deliver a single project.
The pros outweigh the cons, but the cost of ownership and value of the effort put into keeping the software functional was less than 10% in 1996-2010 than it is today. If our company was looking at this software today, I really don't know if it would be possible to justify it.

James P.
Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

Feature Packed but Cumbersome

Avaliado em 24/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The software is a total package for any type of manufacturing company. When i say it has it all, I mean it. However, it comes at a cost. The interface can be a bit clunky and there isn't always a great workaround for what should be a simple task. However, once you get it all figured out the sky is limit with this tool and it can be fully customized if you have someone on staff who can code and script.

Vantagens

This software has a ton of features. From Quote to Invoicing and every piece of the production pipeline in between.

Desvantagens

It's not super intuitive and requires a bit of a learning curve to get it going in the right direction.

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi James, Thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the solution has provided
you with the proper features. We're sorry to hear the learning curve has been steep. We would like to learn more about the issue you are experiencing so we can deliver a solution. Please send us an email to [email protected] with your contact information, so we can assist you. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced, and we look forward to resolving it.
Sincerely,
The Epicor Social Team

Traduzido para o Português

Product stability has greatly improved in recent releases, support is often missing in action

Financials, Shop Floor control, scheduling, purchasing

Vantagens

ITs flexibility and ability to customize. Cloud versions available. Offers many modules for most needs. There has been in the past several years a building of third party software vendors with the ability to augment the customization, implementation and general maintenance of the software requiring less reliance on Epicor consulting services. Features such as document routing has greatly improved forms handling. The software is definitely in growth mode resulting in new features and abilities. The number one feature I like is the ability to export any report and most data grids directly to excel. Overall I have more likes on were the software is going rather than were it is at today

Desvantagens

The software is not at all user friendly. Little if any documentation on how to use the product. Education is available but pricey. Support system is totally ineffectual and support personal are lacking in basic knowledge. Company has built many silos and employees do not have the ability to see across those barriers. The online support system called Epicare has added a layer of difficulty in that you cannot speak with an employee to explain an issue. The online submission is often limited to drop down selections that have nothing to do with the problem. The helpful tips you are given when submitting a case are almost always way off topic and of no use.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 5.0/10

Setor: Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica

Avaliado em 13/02/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Vast improvements in improving business speed and communication between different business units. User interface easily allows jumping to other areas quickly to enable improved speed in business decisions and customer service.

Vantagens

Very flexible and powerful user interface. Software modules have extensive flexible options to tailor the configuration to work as desired. Most modules very integrated, allowing powerful user capability. User personalization is powerful and easy to administer.

Desvantagens

Customization is often too complex. Need C# programmer and still can be complicated. In V9 to V10 customization languages changed which required rewrite of previous customizations. This is very costly rather than tools being available to effectively migrate existing customizations. Upgrades of software modules is too complex and is being worked on to improve and focus more on ease, allowing companies to keep on the current release without seeming like a new implementation. More work than it should be. Several modules are included for improving requirements and are very weak. Example: Integration to Salesforce.

Dawn F.
Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos

Great for Manufacturing Plants

Avaliado em 08/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The business problems we solved are more up-to-date inventory management system and the ability to make last-minute changes from customers without re-creating orders.

Vantagens

I like the flexibility to customize the software to fit your business. There are many features which can be incredibly useful. The fact that it is Windows-based is a plus fo our antiquated facility.

Desvantagens

The one con I have about this software is the price. I like that we can find status updates in real-time on orders or inventory; however, to get this feature you have to pay even more money.

Resposta do Epicor Software

Hi Dawn, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the flexibility and ability to customize is so useful. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at [email protected] to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Alyssa rose L.
Setor: Eletrônicos
Traduzido para o Português

Epicor ERP allows the analysis of data in real time.

Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 20/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Epicor is a solid and highly scalable option that generates a positive return on investment. It also has a real-time data analysis. I recommend Epicor ERP thanks to all the functions that allow employees to work more efficiently and quickly. Although Epicor needs to improve the support team a lot, I'm sure to recommend it.

Vantagens

Epicor ERP creates purchase orders, senders and invoices that generate a high return on investment. In addition, we have been able to accurately track work activity. Epicor meets our accounting needs. Epicor ERP is ideal for companies that buy components from many different places, so there can be traceability. A large number of departments use the system (order entry, sales, IT, finance). In addition, Epicor has a user interface with the ability to export to Excel. Epicor allows real-time data analysis and financial reporting to help make decisions faster.

Desvantagens

Epicor does not take advantage of innovations in the development of queries, which would allow inexperienced users to generate their own results without the help of the IT department. In addition, the software support team still needs to improve greatly in order to achieve better efficiency.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 9.0/10

Michael P.
Traduzido para o Português

Overall I have had very positive experiences with epicor. Customizations are easy to make.

Avaliado em 09/03/2018

Vantagens

One of my favorite things about this program is the different levels of customization that it provides. Epicor allows for a range settings and customization's ranging from field security to changing how business objects interact this allows our company to really personalize and create our own version of Epicor (to a certain extent that is). I also really like how fast and efficient the technical support for Epicor is. Calling in to create a ticket for any issues that occur is always an easy process.

Desvantagens

Some custimaztions are harder to make then they should be and sometimes finding clear information about how to make certian changes can be hard to find. I think the two main things I currently do not like are the scheduling module it can seem clunky. Also the limited coding that is allowed due to being a multi tenant client however this is more about what we purchased then the product it self.

Brandon A.
Setor: Engenharia mecânica ou industrial
Traduzido para o Português

We use Epicor to run our whole business.

Avaliado em 28/06/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The customizability of this software is the key advantage for this compared to other ERP systems. They approach the company has is "we can't make it perfect for everyone, so we will let you make the changes you need for you".

Vantagens

We like that it's incredibly flexible. Epicor has put a lot of work into tools to help customize the product. Each tool has a different level of complexity, and some take more knowledge than others to use, but it will get as advanced as your skill set.

Desvantagens

Out of the box it's fairly clunky to use. One record at a time is usually how things are done. That makes initial acceptance from users a bit of a challenge. But if you have users that are creative and can convey what they want, you usually can find a way to make things easier for them. If they just whine, not so much.

Sheri G.
Traduzido para o Português

The experience has been good, the software seems to be working as desired.

Vantagens

The ease in which most parameters are set in the part entry screen. The forecast module seems to be performing as desired, offering consumed quantities for easier visibility. MRP plans unfirmed jobs which make sense between planned jobs and firmed jobs. They are distinguished very well, giving the user a sense of clearness. The site maintenance screen allows the user to set up the prefix for the MRP unfirmed orders which is nice and clear to see upfront in identifying MRP unfirmed jobs.. It is also nice to have a time fence parameter in the part master where no jobs can plan within that time fence.

Desvantagens

It is often no intuitive, making it hard to figure out why MRP suggested something that did not make sense.

Setor: Mineração e metais

Lots of customizations required

Avaliado em 05/12/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, the software works as intended. If an issue comes up, it’s generally an easy fix even if it does take a bit of time. Much of what we do as a company can sometime require us to have to dig around in the system to find the information we need but the good thing is that Epicor allows for that digging thru it’s search fields.

Vantagens

The very thing that kind of sucks about this software is also the thing that makes it “work” for our company. The ability to customize the software for our day to day business needs is awesome.

Desvantagens

Unfortunately, those customizations make fixing things a little more difficult than if we were able to use the software “out of the box.” Having developers in a different country also prohibits and lengthens “fix time” due to time difference.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 5.0/10

Jim K.

Good ERP system

Avaliado em 27/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Been a good experience. Since I help administer the software I have a good knowledge of how it works.

Vantagens

For the most part easy to use. Has a lot of modules that you can use depending on your business. Can also integrate into your B2B webiste.

Desvantagens

Sometimes it takes awhile to get issues resolved through tech support. Costs a lot of money for maintenance, and they also charge for each module that you may need if you need it later on down the road.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear you are finding it easy to use and benefiting from your website integration. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at [email protected] to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Yours Sincerely,
The Epicor Social Team

Amanda H.
Traduzido para o Português

Our company has used this for several years and had great success.

Avaliado em 18/06/2018

Vantagens

User friendly: We upgraded to 10.2, and the new homepage provides all the data I need instantly. I was able to adjust the layout and information on my dashboards easily. I can drill into data and use sophisticated analytics tools, which have made me more informed and productive.

Super flexible: It's been a scalable solution that has supported our growing business.

Easy to update and integrate with other systems

Accurate forecasting

Secure cloud-based data management

Desvantagens

Epicor's customer support hasn't always been the most prompt, but they've made some changes this year to their customer support services, and we've already noticed improvement.