Avaliações do Device42

Device42

Ferramentas automatizadas de gestão e visualização de infraestrutura de TI

4.3/5 (47 avaliações)
Traduzir com Google

One of the best DCIM platforms out there with an API that allows great possibilities

Avaliado em 21/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This has become a tool to nearly everyone in the organization. It has allowed us to keep track of a very dynamic environment and ultimately improved user workflows. These types of benefits improve our quality of work and allow us to save time in many ways for other aspects of our business.

Vantagens

One of the best things about Device42 is their amazing customer support; they are very quick to address issues and are always implementing feature improvements. Device42 also offers a one-stop-shop for all things DCIM, a robust IPAM, Password management, and additional add-ons such as power monitoring that has ultimately helped improve our workflow and organizational capabilities. Their auto-discovery tools are quite in-depth at pulling information from our devices.

Desvantagens

With all software, there will be bugs and issues to workout, but Device42's willingness to tackle and improve upon their platform constantly is what keeps us coming back. Auto-discovery can be difficult to implement depending on the complexity of the environment but the addition of remote collectors has definitely helped.

Satesh P.
Traduzir com Google

Great tool to keep everything organized in one place.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Each team would maintain multiple spreadsheets for physical inventory, passwords, rack diagrams for each datacenters, warranty information and software licenses. Having one tool to manage all this information simplifies everything and makes it easier to update everything . One pane of glass as they say.

Vantagens

When I first started using Device42 I was impressed with how helpful the sales team was in the deployment process. Once deployed I noticed how many tools were included in the base software. In the first few weeks after deployment in our data centers we needed to quickly run an inventory of all of our SSL certificates. Using Device42 we were able to run in an automated scan that gave us a report that we used to update all of our SSL certificates. The more you use the software the more things that can be useful for you company. I can also say that their support is top notch and always willing to help and work with you until your problem is fixed.

Desvantagens

There is not much to complain about when it comes to this software. If I have to nitpick I would say that it would be the update process. I would prefer for the updates could be directly installed. Other than that its a great product to use.

Device42 review

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The support is great and helps us when we have both large and small questions. The dependency chart is
appreciated by our change manager.

Vantagens

Great tool with many features, you can start with one area and populate it and then move on to next area until all is linked together. We started with the IPAM area to get away from our Excel spreadsheets. I realy like the feature that lets me populate something and then export that data into Excel. In Excel I can quickly add more rows of same type of information and then import it back into Device42. We have also started to leverage the welldocumented and powerfull API. The ability to add custom fields helps you to make sure you can add business specific information.

Desvantagens

The autodiscovery features are really powerfull and sometimes picks up unneaded information. An improvment here would be to bbe able to exclude som information and connections.

Christopher G.
Traduzir com Google

Device42 provides an amazing single pane of glass look into your environment.

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 30/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, Device42 has been a fantastic addition to our IT software stack. With the feature set included with the product, we ended up with a very powerful tool that has fulfilled needs way above and beyond our initial project scope, and at a fraction of the price of other competing products.

If you are looking for an ITAM system, and you don't at least do a Proof of Concept rollout of Device42, you're making a mistake.

Vantagens

The feature set for Device42 is fantastic, we were pricing out only ITAM systems when we came across the product line, and for less money than any of the other ITAM systems we looked at, Device42 came with an ITAM, IPAM, a software licensing tool, and a support team that actually answers questions and provides access to live agents rather than some anonymous support team.

Their support people are great, even for casually emailed questions to their support address, I get actual responses (not just a canned "We got your email" response) in typically a couple hours.

They have helped me a TON with setting up the software, which is amazingly helpful in tempering the only "con" we have found with Device42 so far (more on that below).

Desvantagens

We have been using Device42 for a few months now, an the only "complaint" I would say that I have found is that the setup was very involved, and required substantial support from the Device42 support team. That said...they were available literally every step of the way, and helped me get through anything I got stuck on over remote session.

Traduzir com Google

Best value DCIM with open API. Solid customer support.

Avaliado em 06/08/2018

Vantagens

For us, Device42 is really one of the best data center infrastructure management platform out there in terms of flexibility. It’s extensive RESTful API offers wonderful possibilities and has allowed us to integrate into our internal systems as well as a number of other areas in our organization including VMware vRealize Automation
It’s a highly accessible inventory and asset management application that offers a lot of functionality with minimal hassle and a reasonable cost. And the best part is it just keeps getting better with every iteration.

Desvantagens

At the moment, bringing up connections on a single device or rack can be done easily without a hitch, but we’d like to see more of it in a much larger scale. Their customer support has been really good though in addressing all other issues and they promised to get back to us if this gets included in development.

Traduzir com Google

Easy to access, easy to use - means network documentation stays up to date.

Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 22/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The software helps us keep track of our off-site colocations. We can track rack information, including what devices are where, power loads, and physical connectivity to each device and through patch panels.

Vantagens

Having information about our remote rack space documented and easily accessible has been a boon, especially when we need to request 3rd party remote hand to make simple changes for us. I think last month we needed a small change, and I was able to pull out Device42 and follow a set of cables through 2 patch panels in order to provide precise instructions on cable changes I wanted completed by the technician providing the remote hands.

Desvantagens

We are currently primarily using Device42 to track remote sites on how things are situated in racks and how everything is interconnected at the site. One thing I feel they could improve for the future is the extraction of physical connectivity information from their software. I would love to be able to see a full holistic view of the physical interconnections throughout one room, or a building.

At the moment its easy to bring up interconnections on a single device, or a single rack, but nothing on a grander scale. I've spoken with support and they said they'll mention this to development to see if this is on the road map.

John B.
Traduzir com Google

We been using D42 since 2015 and have found this to be one of the best DCIM systems for the money.

Avaliado em 04/04/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are able to maintain an extremely high accuracy for our environment which is extremely dynamic. Using the APIs we have integrated D42 into several of our production processes allowing us to automate processes that depend on accurate inventories.

Vantagens

Ease of set up; detail of information gathered through the base product; base features received for the price; agent-less discovery; new remote collector support; support for multiple scan methods - WinRM, SNMP, SSH; multiple hypervisor support - VMWare, KVM, Openstack, AWS, Azure; built-in rack elevations; level of customization available; Web interface; REST API

Desvantagens

Documentation is a bit behind the versions and could use some updates; Depending on the environment auto-discovery can be a bit of a challenge;

Traduzir com Google

A Very Good discovery tool with super quick support !

Avaliado em 16/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

D42 has been helping us for the server migration planning, reports are helping in application assessment and move group finalization and decide right sizing for target server.

Vantagens

D42 support is very quick and to the point.
Anyone who doesn't have discovery experience, can work on this tool easily.
This tool helps a lot if you are going through server migration planning phase.
This tool helps a lot if you want to figure out the application or server dependencies.
It gives a very good picture of server communication, capture all the inbound/outbound communications.

Desvantagens

Few reports can only be downloaded from DOQL script, there should be a direct download option for all the reports.
No option available to test the targets server to ensure that scanning will be successful considering all the prerequisite.
sub-appliance( WDS) dependency for windows server scanning.
No CLI option

Very good software

Avaliado em 15/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are not utilizing the software to it's fullest, but primarily use it for asset management and data center views. It has been a tremendous tool for us as we have over 7,000 devices, more than 180 Comm rooms and 100 buildings. Hard to imagine tracking all those devices and rooms without this software.

Vantagens

Very easy to use, great customer service and great support. Any issues I have had, Device42 has been more than willing to help resolve. In fact on more than one occasion we did a WebEx style meeting and they stayed on the WebEx much longer than I expected, all to make sure I was completely satisfied and the issue was fully resolved.

Desvantagens

The auto discovery does not automatically discover every device we use, However, when we come across something that is not being autodiscovered, Device42 programmers are more than willing to take a look and make the software as fully functioning as possible

Traduzir com Google

Excellent support, solid platform with a real future in the DCIM World

Avaliado em 20/11/2017

Vantagens

I have used several of the DCIM offerings out there nowAn excellent tool for those users tired of being stuck within the confines of a closed off product. The flexibility Device42 offers their customers is hands down the best in the market. With the offering of an API, we have been able to integrate Device42 into numerous areas of our company, and internal systems. If your tired of closed systems that require tons of support, or those that can nickle and dime to with add-on features...then Device42 is for you. See something missing, simply present it to them, as their DEV team works directly with the customers to help them get what they need.

Earl G.
Traduzir com Google

Devie42...Making asset management a breeze for our organization!

Avaliado em 08/02/2018

Vantagens

Product is easy to learn and put to use
We work on a shoestring budget, so cost was a big factor in our decision to use this product
Support has been excellent from day one. We have submitted recommendations for the product and actually seen them written into the code.
New features being added all the time
API's allow us to integrate with VMware vRealize Automation

Desvantagens

I can't really say that I have a Cons list. We have had some small issues here and there with scans and just things that we would like to see added. But support and development came through and helped us work out those issues! So, this is really a PRO

Discovery Plus

Avaliado em 01/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I had a requirement for a quick discovery exercise and Device42 was able to be deployed and start returning results with a minimal setup. More functionality is configurable and will be used in the future to enhance the reporting on the discovered data. This product is able to be deployed in a very secure environment and still be fully functional. I'd highly recommend this to anybody wanting to get a quick discovery and detailed reports.

Vantagens

Great support team for help with installation and issues with certain OS discoveries. A lot of information is available without the requirement to deploy agents first. Good on-line documentation that covers off the main uses of the software. Updates every fortnight containing product enhancements and bug fixes.

Desvantagens

Reporting engine is a little slow when wanting to export the output in csv or excel formats, this is being improved with the recent enhancements for direct database access to enable the creation of bespoke dashboards.

Mark M.

Device42 Review

Avaliado em 30/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We use Device42 for literally everything: servers, switches, PDUs, secrets, etc. I couldn’t imagine not having it.

Vantagens

Device42 has a very comprehensive set of features. All aspects of your inventory can be tracked, most things are first-class citizens, and can be related to one another. I like the fact that it’s an appliance. Their support is excellent — you can tell that they put customers first.

Desvantagens

I have a few feature requests that I’d like to see some movement on. One of the most important ones, for us, is API tokens (instead of username/password).

John C.

Great customer support

Avaliado em 12/03/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We were able to get our CMDB up-to-date very quickly. The asset management team is very happy.

Vantagens

Extremely quick responses and resolutions from support team. Auto-discovery features have proven to be very useful for us to quickly gather lots of information regarding our environment. Very granular reporting features keep our users happy.

Desvantagens

Although I understand why it's this way, it is annoying not having the ability to drop to a command prompt on the main system or the remote collectors. However, I believe they may attempt to engineer a solution for this soon.

Ezra O.

D42 Review

Avaliado em 28/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have been using spreadsheets for asset management. We are also spread across multiple Data Centers so it suits us well as far as building organization.

Vantagens

It is extremely thorough. It addresses all and more of the needs that I have come up with. It is also very well connected. All devices can be connected from the device down to the switch and router etc.

Desvantagens

It does not have the flashiest interface I've ever seen, but it makes up for that in content.

Traduzir com Google

Robust product and amazing supprt

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 16/11/2017

Vantagens

The flexibility of the product overall. It's ability to integrate with so many other products through it's open API was a key reason for purchase. I love the ability to make mass changes to devices by exporting the data out to a spreadsheet format and re-importing versus having to touch each device individually.

Desvantagens

There are a few limitations to the current version of the product but support has been wonderful to deal with and they truly listen to their customers requests for future functionality. We are still learning the product so I can't speak on all functions as of yet. Building single scan jobs to encompass, SNMP v2/3 as well as SSH would be great versus having to build 3 different scans for the same subnet space. I'd like to see IPAM show all IP addresses for a particular subnet showing both used and unused IP's. Currently it will just show you used so you need to scan through and look for a break in the sequence versus looking for an IP with a green bubble showing it's available. These are small Cons and definitely not a show stopper for us. Just nice to haves.

Andreas Z.

Good IPAM Solution

Avaliado em 16/04/2019

We gained following efforts :
- global IPAM solutions
- active IP usability tracking (ping Sweep)
- Service Now Integration (REST Integration)
- Single Source of truth for network items

Vantagens

We use this tool as global IPAM solution also for automated processes and its working very good. API is clearly documented and support is always willing to help

Desvantagens

Some usability concepts are not so common as compared to other IPAM products (e.g. Bluecat), which needs more time to get familiar with the concept (e.g. subnet move, split, merge).
But support is always open for guidance and feature requests

Rob S.
Traduzir com Google

Powerful and simple asset management for the data center

Avaliado em 22/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Automated inventory and asset management

Vantagens

The customer service is really top-notch. The software itself is easy to install and use, and it's very powerful. Compared to other inventory and asset management applications I've used, Device42 offers a lot more functionality and a lot less hassle. The engineers release an update every week or two, and these updates often contain substantial improvements. The product just keeps getting better and better with every iteration!

Desvantagens

As powerful as it is, Device42 is still missing a few features that would be nice to have. Not all hardware is supported for automated discoveries. However, I'm confident that the D42 engineers are working on it!

Alvin P.
Traduzir com Google

A learning experience and rewarding once I was able to maneuver through the portal.

Avaliado em 10/04/2018

Asset management features.

Vantagens

The software allowed me to easily import our Excel data into the software. This saved me a lot of time and allowed me more time to focus on my other daily duties.

Desvantagens

What I dislike about the software is that there are so many steps to complete a task. For example, if we have a device to install, cable and place in production. There are different windows or separate Excel (if it's a bulk) spreadsheet to complete the task.
Another dislike is when I used the SNMP auto-discovery. It discovered even all of the non-pertinent VLANs. It showed over 600 VLANs, we have less than 50 VLANs. It basically counted for every switch port that had a VLAN label.

Ernest W.

Best Find in a while!

Avaliado em 15/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Great experience and would recommend to anyone in need of asset tracking.

Vantagens

Easy to use, if you need a feature just request it and they usually get right to it, and customer support very responsive!

Desvantagens

Had to build new VM for upgrade! This took some time, and a little help from CS, i had to go to a certain version, then upgrade to the new, a little confusing!

Uri U.
Traduzir com Google

Device42 is THE CMDB!! look no further!

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We use Device42 as the source of truth for our automation deployments.

Vantagens

Simple, clean and it has API functions that allow us to access the information on any platform.

Desvantagens

It does not have mobile app access and the site is not optimized for any portable devices.

Kevin P.
Traduzir com Google

Device installation use and troubleshooting

Avaliado em 10/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall the product is value for money. If you invest the time needed you will be rewarded with a powerful and comprehensive computer resource audit database.

Vantagens

Simple, easy to install and scan your network. Helpdesk is excellent when you have issues. Once mastered it is a very powerful auditing tool.

Desvantagens

Fiddly to set up correctly, a little convoluted, the reports are complicated to set up correctly

7.0/10
Traduzir com Google

Great product and excellent support

Avaliado em 22/12/2017

Vantagens

We use Device42 to implement our customer environments. It gives us a great overview of the customers IT estate and enables us to track inventory and server layout connections. Their Support is really responsive and helpful and when an issue or feature request is put in support works with development and the customer until the issue is fully resolved and tested

Desvantagens

This product has some limitation in current version, what could give use some manual job. However support is working with us to solve all our issues.

Jeff C.

Great ITIL Software

Avaliado em 24/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It has improved our level of service and support to our end users because of the ease of finding information quickly.

Vantagens

One of the most comprehensive software packages I have used to track IP's, inventory, network and server information. Great search capabilities.

Desvantagens

It took a little bit of a learning curve to figure out the best way to enter my data. Once I got that down it was OK.

Dustin B.
Traduzir com Google

Great product and service.

Avaliado em 09/08/2018

Vantagens

This product is awesome, and is available to be viewed from anywhere internal information/db can be updated. Absolutely love this product. And it's fast to access. Support team is top-notch!

Desvantagens

There are no cons on this product other than going to version 15 requires another virtual machine. But that's minor.