1.033 avaliações

• Recursos
dos usuários recomendam este app
1.033 avaliações
James D.
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Better than the competition, and it's secure

Avaliado em 14/01/2019

This system was preferred before switching to ADP, however their cost at the time resulted in us switching to ADP

Vantagens

I like the fact they require two factor authentication. Their customer service used to be good and is still decent compared to ADP. Their system can be fully customized for reports and coding purposes. Their reporting is much better than ADP

Desvantagens

Their support has gone down hill in the last year in addition to their pricing is about 20% higher than ADP on most items. Lacks an employee portal standard on all plans

Eric S.
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Everything we need and more

Avaliado em 17/09/2019

Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

Vantagens

I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

Desvantagens

The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Gestão da educação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Easy to use and great to have access to!

Avaliado em 04/03/2021

Overall, I love using this software. It has been great and I recommend it to anyone looking to switch.

Vantagens

As a user of this software, it is wonderful. In my previous roles, I would always have to keep old pay stubs and inevitably lost them when I needed them (such as when applying for a mortgage, etc). Paychex Flex allows you to see all of your paychecks in one place, see deductions, tax documents, as well as other information like your employment anniversary. The app is wonderful as well. It's always nice to get a push notification to my phone reminding me it's payday!

Desvantagens

There really isn't anything that I would change. I have really enjoyed using this software, and haven't heard of complaints from colleagues.

Eva S.
  • Setor: Logística e cadeia de fornecimento
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

PREVIEW was a great payroll work horse. But beware, FLEX Payroll is no PREVIEW.

Avaliado em 19/10/2016

We've been on Paychex PREVIEW payroll software for 16 years. It was a solid no non-sense payroll processing work horse which came with everything you'd ever need to process payroll for 100+ employees in a very quick and efficient manner. PREVIEW software was extremely well designed and well thought out. The developers took the perspective of payroll processing users and provided all the navigation speed, functionalities and reports that we'd ever find useful or need to do our jobs quickly and efficiently. There were hardly any unnecessary clicks, keystrokes or scrolling to speak of. It exceeded my expectation all these years. Paychex's golden era and reputation as payroll processing leader was probably due to these sensible legacy products.

Like all good things which must come to an end, we were switched to FLEX Q2 of 2016 because PREVIEW was so old that Paychex decided to sun set it this year - which was totally understandable. But any reasonable PREVIEW clients would also expect and assume that whatever good features, good functionalities and useful reports that were available and had been working well in PREVIEW would be brought over and be available in the new payroll product as well. Not so.

Enters FLEX which Paychex touted as being technologically advanced, etc. It probably is. But as far as FLEX payroll processing features and functionalities are concerned, I am actually set back 16 years to a payroll processing product that seemed Beta, very slow, cumbersome, awkward - compared to PREVIEW. Paychex simply threw PREVIEW out the window and started fresh from scratch with FLEX. I spent my first several months on FLEX Payroll sending them suggestions to make FLEX "better". I don't know if anyone cared.

FLEX Payroll screen designs and navigation are very slow, very cumbersome, and very awkward. What I considered "speed features" in PREVIEW were non-existent in FLEX. Fields are spread out as far apart as they can find room to spread them out to (instead of keeping the screen layouts compact) seemingly so as to "maximize" unnecessary clicks, scrolls and keystrokes as much as possible. It's also more cumbersome and time consuming just to get information and reports from FLEX Payroll which could be run quickly and easily before in PREVIEW. I felt like I'm using payroll software designed by inexperienced college graduates who had never processed payroll before in their lives. They're out to get as much of my time make me do as much work as possible for the same amount of work that I have to do as before - to see where my breaking point is.

So overall, I'm not impressed. To me, if the basic payroll processing functionalities are less than before, FLEX Payroll will still be inadequate despite all other "great features and modules" they added to FLEX which I don't need.

Vantagens

Flex integration with Benefits Administration (Benetrac) module can make life a lot easier for some - but Beware - only if your group is 100+ enrolled. Our Paychex sales rep did make the claim that with Benetrac service, our medical insurance transactions "will all be automatic with carriers and we wouldn't have to do a thing" - which was totally not true. As it turned out, more carriers than not do not do EDI for groups (company) with < 100 enrolled. So the main FLEX selling point totally didn't even pan out for us. Please learn from our lesson. Do verify specifically that your medical and dental carriers will do EDI for your group before signing up for Benetrac.

Desvantagens

Although FLEX does its job as payroll software, having been on a faster and more efficient product before, we know how much more time we are spending on this "more inefficient" product compared to before.

Oh and please save yourself the headaches and trouble by passing on other Paychex's services. We tried Paychex Health Insurance and ACA filing. They both failed miserably. Same story in both cases. Can't get hold of the account rep and customer service rep. No one would answer or return our calls. Last year's ACA were 60% wrong after I've redone and resubmitted data 3 different times after 3 different CSR told me 3 different things. They were just making it up as they went. Very frustrating.

Rebecca S.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano

Amazing Customer Service & Affordable

Avaliado em 05/01/2021

Highly recommended company! Easy to work with and very affordable for a small business owner.

Vantagens

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an amazing sales representative who also manages my account. He is unbelievable in his response time and ease to work with. The payroll management is very affordable.

Desvantagens

I had a few glitches with miscommunication with someone servicing my account but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there to instantly rectify the mistake.

Justine C.
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde

Payroll

Avaliado em 21/01/2020

Payroll, Admin for Employees keeping records.

Vantagens

The system was friendly to use and easier to do payroll when you were ready.
There wasn't constant updates every day and you were assigned a representative to assist you with any issues.

Desvantagens

Sometimes you run into an issues and your representative is out of the office you may get someone else who is not aware of the issue.

Elisa B.
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

Paychex Flex for Small Business

Avaliado em 30/09/2020

My overall experience with the software has been positive. I can run payroll very quickly and everything comes back in a digital format for me to save, upload, or print for my records. They also have amazing customer service which they make personal and memorable.

Vantagens

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. There isn't anything hidden or difficult to figure out. Users can easily manipulate the software without guidance because everything is clear and concise.

Desvantagens

I have not found anything about the software that was challenging or difficult to figure out, so far, the platform is everything a small business needs to get started with payroll.

Fernando V.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Not for construction payroll

Avaliado em 09/03/2021

Good people but the tool is one vertical silo after another, we had multiple 3 way calls to coordinate our onboarding and there were many issues that I had to "hunt" for help.

Vantagens

The tax compliance is great. In a state where there are local taxes and in the ever-changing world of taxes, Paychex does a great job.

Desvantagens

We are not able to generate our certified payroll reports because no one in Paychex knew how to set it up.

Anang M.
  • Setor: Restaurantes
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 2.0 /10

Paychex Needs work

Avaliado em 06/10/2020

One and Done (Actually 2 and Done as I gave them another chance to fix things)

Vantagens

Sales Team was good and responsive mostly when issues occurred (almost every payroll we had issues as well as with the Recruitment module)

Desvantagens

Over promised and under delivered. Recruitment and on-boarding never worked and we paid extra for this. The sales team rushed paper employee handbooks and manually entered our new hires as the self-service module did not work

David O.
  • Setor: Aparelhos médicos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 4.0 /10

It Does the Job but at a Costly Rate

Avaliado em 13/01/2021

I would not recommend Paychex as there must be better alternatives on the market. Their customer service is not great whether you are dealing with sales or a support department.

Vantagens

Paychex Flex is successful at providing a relatively smooth HR portal which includes time and attendance, payroll, retirement services (401K) and more general HR features.

Desvantagens

The issue with Paychex is less about the product and more about their company. Paychex's convoluted billing is difficult for customers to understand and pricing can change quickly and erratically.

Kanwal R.
  • Setor: Gestão da educação

Great product

Avaliado em 07/05/2020

Customer service is the only downside. Otherwise, we are happy with the system itself.

Vantagens

We used to rely on our accountant in the past. This is a great way to have access to anything at anytime. Another perk is that the employees are able to review their tax documents remotely as well.

Desvantagens

This is not really related to the software itself, but the customer service continues to be an ongoing problem. God forbid if you receive a notice from EDD or IRS, you'll be chasing behind people to follow up. I wish whatever forms are submitted, we can have access to them from a particular page along with the outcomes.

Erin S.
  • Setor: Filantropia

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind

Avaliado em 13/10/2017

Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Vantagens

It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions.

Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Desvantagens

I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately.

I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

Peter S.
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right

Avaliado em 07/11/2017

Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Vantagens

Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

Desvantagens

One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want?

Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

Candace E.
  • Setor: Software
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!

Avaliado em 09/04/2018

The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Vantagens

Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Desvantagens

Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

Devon D.
  • Setor: Internet

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

PayChex Flex is not that flexible.

Avaliado em 28/05/2020

Intuit should concede with their payroll platform and buy paychex, and paychex should enhance their integration and modernize the platform to something more agile like quickbooks. Employees should be able to onboard easier just as if they were buying something on Amazon. All of the 3rd party vendors that seem to be value added services are just more portals and passwords needing to be centralized.

Vantagens

When it works and the overloaded staff can actually assist you, it is an absolutely awesome service. I have used PayChex since about 2015. Back in the day my first representative was the absolute most amazing advisor and gave me confidence when speaking with her because I could tell she knew her job. Over time as we added more states and switched companies, our SUI numbers became switched, bank accounts and invoicing was not aligned.

Desvantagens

Besides the reports that you are inundated with, the platform feels like it can actually perform, but truthfully it is pitiful java platform. The two factor auth is great but gets on my nerves and the fact that you cannot integrate with other identity providers or into your actual backoffice systems is a shame.

Amy S.
  • Setor: Serviços ao consumidor
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need.

Avaliado em 26/07/2018

Vantagens

Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me.

The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks.

What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

Desvantagens

The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails.

The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear.

Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

Joshua E.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

BIG DECISION

Avaliado em 06/10/2020

Overall, the experience has been neutral. I do have a good payroll account manager. However, Paychex does promote these positions very rapidly. It seems like any time I am assigned a knowledgeable payroll account manager, they are promoted. This leads me to have concerns regarding the consistency of reliable customer support.

Vantagens

I like the general ease of use that this software offers. I have had favorable experiences with my current payroll account manager.

Desvantagens

There are often times glitches that can cause issues with payroll deductions. It is crucial to double and triple check your PRINTED COPY prior to submitting each payroll.

Debbie H.
  • Setor: Serviços de informação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Love the Ease if Online Benefit Administration

Avaliado em 29/06/2018

Survey software is not something that I usually recommend.

Vantagens

The best thing about this software is that I can do everything I need to do on my computer or mobile phone at any time of the day or night. The application is very easy to access and I administer payroll, 401k, health, dental and vision benefits, FSA and employee additions/changes over the application. Almost every service I utilize through Paychex is on this application. Invaluable! If I'm out of town I can still submit payroll! WOW! What a game changer Paychex Flex has been! The old way of doing business is out the window with Paychex Flex replacing it in a very positive way!

Desvantagens

There is a couple of items that I would like to see enhanced. In people, I would like the ability to always pull up my preferred view of employees without having to click on the apply button. My preferred view is saved but will not display until I click on apply. Second, on the people drop down menu from the upper right corner, I would like the ability to select that view as well. When that drop down is selected I get all the employees that have ever been entered into the Paychex database - terminated and active. I want to be able to display just the active employees in that drop down. These are just enhancement requests that in no way affect the valuable pros of the application. The items in the cons are just "nice to haves".

Sarah R.
  • Setor: Serviços de informação
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

A little Wonky to Navigate

Avaliado em 27/07/2019

Vantagens

It is convenient for small businesses and employees who work from home or don't have one check in location. It has some nice features for checking how many hours have been working if you are actually clocking in and out from the site itself. Once you actually figure things out and have your account set up, it's conveniently all right there in front of you to see what your sick time is, clock in/out, etc.
It keeps all your info from your previous jobs that have used the site PLUS holds your tax info conveniently for you, which is quite handy.

Desvantagens

It's pretty difficult to navigate. A lot of the site doesn't really explain where to go or what to do so you kind of just have to poke around it until you figure things out. I guess it's kind of typical for sites like this. It's also kind of nightmare to get your log in info if you lose it, so just don't. You get locked out after 3 tries and then have to call the help desk and it turns into a pretty complicated ordeal. Conveniently though, the site log in remembers your info though. There is a LOT of maintenance, constantly and when you get messages in your inbox, they never seem to go away, but that's just nit-picky stuff that's not really important.

Anthony A.
  • Setor: Jogos e cassinos
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

Better than ADP

Avaliado em 27/11/2020

Overall the implementation is the easiest I have ever experienced and you get quality software and service.

Vantagens

I love service you get a full time service representative assigned to you which ADP does no have. And I love that personal service.

Desvantagens

The basic reporting could be better. You have to pay for custom reports which some reports should be standard.

Peter G.
  • Setor: Pesca

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

A great asset to have when running and business.

Avaliado em 10/03/2019

Vantagens

The software itself allows me to eliminate the need for a time clock for my employees. They are able to have the app installed on their company issued smartphones and log in with their fingerprint access on the phone (which the app supports) and can clock into work in no time. They also have the availability to request time off, check vacation, sick and personal balances, view pay stubs and a ton of other features geared toward self help for the employee. This software saves me money so that I do not have to pay someone to sit and calculate all of the different times and payroll sheets. I would be lost without Paychex Flex.

Desvantagens

The app can be a little slow at times. They also schedule down time on the overnight hours until 530am when most of our work does begin before that. It is a simple fix as I can enter staffs time manually when needed. You also need to trust your employees to punch in and out when they actually show up to a job site and not while driving home.

Matthew H.
  • Setor: Hotelaria

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Excellent company top to bottom

Avaliado em 07/06/2017

Vantagens

Paychex has been top-notch for over five years, when I switched to them from another payroll company. I operate a small seasonal business with about 10 employees, and from the beginning I have received all the support that I need for my payroll and tax responsibilities, and at a more reasonable rate than I was paying before. I deal with one single payroll specialist every week (unless she is on vacation or something), which I love, and if she is unavailable the fill-in specialists have been able to take care of my payroll, which is not quite standard, without any issues. The website took a little getting used to initially, but I download my reports from there every week, quarter, and year, and everything is easy to find and use. I couldn't recommend Paychex more highly, at least for any business such as mine.

Desvantagens

If anything, I feel that it would be good to consider a website review and edit - I do not have anything specific to offer in terms of what to change, but it did seem a little confusing the first few times using it. I don't have any issues now, but admittedly I only log on to do the same thing (download the report) each week, quarter, and year.

Emmanuel V.
  • Setor: Contabilidade

Good product overall

Avaliado em 05/11/2019

It's a good product for a small to medium size company. Again, my review is from a user standpoint, not an administrator. I really have no negative remarks for Paychex Flex.

Vantagens

Recording time is relatively easy.
W2s and paysubs are easily obtainable
Easy to navigate

Desvantagens

From a user standpoint, nothing really.

Avaliador Verificado

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

I have worked with Paychex for HR and Payroll purposes.

Avaliado em 05/06/2018

We were able to reduce storage of paper statements that were never picked up. We were able to increase employee morale by giving our employees the ability to see their own data and make time off requests on their own.

Vantagens

The user friendly approach within the Employee Online Access. We had employees that were afraid to go paperless with pay statements but with a little training everyone began utilizing the system. I liked the time and attendance module which allowed employees to see their own timesheets and administratiors to make corrections/update their staff timesheets and approve prior to payroll processing.

Desvantagens

I disliked the fact that the payroll module didn't link directly with time and attendance, we had thought that what was done in time and attendance regarding time off balances would automatically feed to payroll and reflect on our employees pay statements. But we found out that we had to do adjustments in both windows to ensure it matched.

Brandi G.
  • Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos

Easy to Use

Avaliado em 12/09/2019

This was definitely a transition for staff but well worth it. All of the information available is awesome and it is very easy to use. Highly recommended.

Vantagens

This software is great. It is easy to clock in and out as well as find all of your necessary information including W-2 and salary information. Requesting vacation time as well and checking sick and vacation balances is all there at a click of a button. You can set up your area so even if staff if clocking in or out on their mobile phone, you know they were still actually at work.

Desvantagens

We had some issues in the beginning with staff not being able to clock in and out but once you get all of the kinks worked out its great.