Paychex Flex

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

1209 avaliações

Steven R
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Calm in a sea of changing regulations

Avaliado em 08/06/2021

We had considered hosting our own payroll, however, with the craziness of COVID and regulations we are very happy we chose a partner provided and supported solution. Saves us time chasing new regulations and forms and the dreaded amendments.

Vantagens

The customer service makes the product easy to use. The support makes the product as with many payroll software products it will do what you want you just have to find the right entry and set up.

Desvantagens

At times its so complete it can be overwhelming to find some less used features you had found before. Again they are all like this but the customer support makes this a breeze as you can actually talk to a human being that listens and helps.

Payroll Relief

Razões para escolher o Paychex Flex

ADP client support is a nightmare from our experience. From changing sales people to unreachable customer support.

RUN Powered by ADP

Razões para mudar para o Paychex Flex

We actually tried it and it was not even close to what we had hoped. Paychex customer support makes it the only choice for us.
Paula
  • Setor: Construção

Review of Paychex Flex

Avaliado em 27/06/2022

We enjoy using Paychex Flex. Though we feel it can be improved with more robust reporting features in the area of job costing, the time keeping system does work very well for our organization.

Vantagens

Our employees are able to clock in from their job sites, no matter where those job sites are, and all supervisors are able to review time cards easily. If there are any punch in or punch out issues, we are able to correct those from HQ in real time.

Desvantagens

There are some days that the software glitches which is inconvenient, but our HR department is able to correct those issues as long as they are communicated. Also, we wish their reporting was a bit more robust. In order to get around that, we export the data needed and manually create reports each week.

Amy
  • Setor: Arquitetura e planejamento

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Disappointed on several levels so we left

Avaliado em 13/07/2022

Customer service was terrible, inaccuracy was a major issue on multiple occasions.

Vantagens

Software was reasonably easy to use but lacked in being able to be customized.

Desvantagens

Customization wasn't what we needed for reporting purposes and our accounting entries that needed to be made in Deltek.

Cody
  • Setor: Entretenimento

Streamlined and Simplified Payroll Processing and Ancillary HR Services

Avaliado em 05/05/2022

Thus far, the experience has been positive and meets all needs of the company. Tax compliance, W-2s, time keeping, and benefits admin all went smoothly through a full annual cycle. The customer service response times are within a reasonable range, and the mobile app surprisingly is very useful due to the simplicity of the overall platform. Employees can also self-serve make a certain number of changes to things like addresses or banking info without the need for an HR team member to service such requests.

Vantagens

The ease of onboarding and implementation (compared to ADP, for example), as well as the streamlined processes that allow for staff who may not be payroll professionals to accurately run payroll & benefits to a high degree of efficiency.

Desvantagens

The functionality for contractors isn't as great as some other providers I've used in the past (PayReel, for instance). Additionally, the level of sophistication for tax issue or researching problems from state notices, etc. isn't the best I've seen though it is certainly adequate.

ADP Workforce Now e PayrollPanda

Razões para escolher o Paychex Flex

Cheaper and more streamlined solution for a smaller company that may not require dedicated payroll teams and a very high level of white-glove service.

Dayforce HCM

Razões para mudar para o Paychex Flex

Presented the clearest and best use case for a small to mid-size company which a mix of hourly and salaried staff. Also not having a dedicated payroll expert on the team necessitated a platform that is easy to use and does not have a steep learning curve (ADP, for instance).
Wendy
  • Setor: Consultório médico

Paychex Flex for Office Use

Avaliado em 30/06/2022

I would recommend Paychex to other businesses.

Vantagens

I like that the employees are more involved in their enrollments, set up, banking and tax selections. Prior to Paychex this was a manual process performed by Admin and HR.

Desvantagens

It was a very complicated start. Paychex should have taken more time to understand our setup prior to implementation. Once we got through that phase it has been much easier.

• Setor: Companhias aéreas/Aviação

Has Made Payroll Easier for Employees

Avaliado em 29/06/2022

Paycheck Flex has streamlined our payroll process and our accounting department no longer has to individually send out emails with paystubs so it saves time and resources.

Vantagens

This software is easy to access and even had our pay stubs a day earlier than we get paid on the app as well as other pertinent payroll information.

Desvantagens

As of now there are no features that I feel are missing in the software so I have nothing to say regarding not liking anything.

Meghann
  • Setor: Serviços jurídicos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Employer problem or Paychex?

Avaliado em 27/07/2022

Vantagens

Easy to use and direct deposit staff paycheck directly into their desired account.

Desvantagens

Some of my colleagues, myself included, have experienced "lag times" in payroll. I'm not sure if this is our employers issue or a Paychex issue. If payroll lands on a weekend or holiday, we don't get it until the next "open business day." For example, payroll hits on the 1st and 15th for my company. This July 1 was a Friday but because it was a holiday weekend, the money wasn't deposited until the 5th. I find this problematic that people aren't paid on time - especially when bills are due.

• Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: 10 000+ funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Easy

Avaliado em 07/07/2022

Vantagens

Easy to use. Easy to view needed documents

Desvantagens

Locks out relatively easy, employees run into login trouble

Joseph
  • Setor: Bens de consumo
  • Porte da empresa: 5 001-10 000 funcionários
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano

Paycheck Flex flaws

Avaliado em 21/06/2022

It was about 50/50 honestly sometimes worked like a dream sometimes it would keep freezing and lagging

Vantagens

I loved how it was easy to input time and pay for my employees

Desvantagens

I hated the lag and the bugs if it would've been fixed would've been amazing other than price

Michelle
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo
  • Usado Semanal durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Easy to use and Excellent company!

Avaliado em 21/07/2022

Vantagens

Company has been around for a long time.

Desvantagens

It's not good for small businesses or businesses with under five employees

Anthony
  • Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Many features, great value, options to expand capabilities

Avaliado em 05/05/2022

Paychex Flex seems to do it all: You can access all your HR forms, sick and vacation time, timesheets, if you're a manager you have access to your team, complete HR actions, and much more. The mobile app runs basically the same, although it isn't the most touch-friendly app, it gets the job done. All the features work well, and while the app isn't the most user friendly, it is more than serviceable. There are also features that would be great for our team if we used them, like integration with other HR apps, but that's more an organizational issue. We switched from a different HR app which was completely unusable, and we've been happy ever since.

Vantagens

It does everything we need for the organization: payroll, time clocks, tracking, coding time, HR benefits, vacation and sick time, organizational forms, etc. There are also a lot of features that we just don't use as an organization. For instance we use a scheduling app (Homebase) for some of our employees and you can integrate Paychex into Homebase to handle the payroll. We came from another system that was very clunk and difficult to use, so the simplicity of Paychex was a breath of fresh air.

Desvantagens

The biggest issue I have, and just a disclaimer I might not be the best trained, is that employee management is time consuming. It's not super difficult, but I often have trouble finding employees on my team, checking and modifying their time, etc. Also signing forms is a bit cumbersome because you have to click around the document yourself, something more like Verisign would be very helpful when dealing with forms.

Eric
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Everything we need and more

Avaliado em 17/09/2019

Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

Vantagens

I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

Desvantagens

The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

ADP Workforce Now

Razões para mudar para o Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex offered us everything we were looking for in one package at a very affordable price.
Kanwal
  • Setor: Gestão da educação

Great product

Avaliado em 07/05/2020

Customer service is the only downside. Otherwise, we are happy with the system itself.

Vantagens

We used to rely on our accountant in the past. This is a great way to have access to anything at anytime. Another perk is that the employees are able to review their tax documents remotely as well.

Desvantagens

This is not really related to the software itself, but the customer service continues to be an ongoing problem. God forbid if you receive a notice from EDD or IRS, you'll be chasing behind people to follow up. I wish whatever forms are submitted, we can have access to them from a particular page along with the outcomes.

QuickBooks Time

Razões para escolher o Paychex Flex

We switched our time entries to Paychex Flex too because Timesheets.com doesn't have a proper tracking system for paid time off.

Timesheets.com

Razões para mudar para o Paychex Flex

Price and everything being under one place
Terri
  • Setor: Escritório de advocacia

Paychex Flex Great for small organizations

Avaliado em 17/05/2022

The overall experience has been positive.

Vantagens

The time tracking feature is helpful to small companies who use the "honor" system as their time tracker

Desvantagens

I think the software would benefit by being a little more user friendly

Paycom

Time tracker, benefits

Razões para mudar para o Paychex Flex

Paycom didn't return our requests to learn about their product.
Emmanuel

Good product overall

Avaliado em 05/11/2019

It's a good product for a small to medium size company. Again, my review is from a user standpoint, not an administrator. I really have no negative remarks for Paychex Flex.

Vantagens

Recording time is relatively easy.
W2s and paysubs are easily obtainable
Easy to navigate

Desvantagens

From a user standpoint, nothing really.

Paylocity

Razões para escolher o Paychex Flex

This was a decision made by upper management.

Paylocity
Erin
  • Setor: Filantropia

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind

Avaliado em 13/10/2017

Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Vantagens

It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions.

Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Desvantagens

I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately.

I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

• Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Way better services out there for cheaper prices

Avaliado em 26/02/2022

Do not rely on them to let you know by hiring an employee in another state, you are subject to any additional state/local taxes outside of income tax and unemployment tax. We didn't know we were required to have disability insurance & paid family leave insurance for hiring an employee in NY. I guess I can't blame Paychex because technically it's not a tax but because we began payroll in NY, it required us to carry it. I'm more mad about the fact that it is optional to withhold a small portion of the employees wages for disability insurance or the employer can cover the whole cost. Paychex just started withholding the max portion from the employee without ever saying a word to us. So 1.) they knew we were subject to it and didn't bother to say anything and 2.) they started an optional withholding from employee checks without ever having us sign off on it. They will be easy to reach when they need something, but very very slow if you need something. They switched our assigned payroll specialist so many times that I don't even know who it is now to let them know we are switching at the end of the quarter.

Vantagens

The only thing I can say I liked is that they pay the tax and file the required quarterly/annual reports.

Desvantagens

Very confusing just to have a rate for an employee. There's multiple areas in the employee file where you can add "compensation" & "earnings & deductions". Compensation is where you can add their rate (if you don't, it will notify you that you're not paying minimum wage). You figure you need to add at least one category of earnings like hourly or salary in order to pay an employee. So I added their hourly rates to compensation then added Hourly to their Earnings along with their rate again. The Hourly specifically states RATE X HOURS. Yet, by having both of these, you'll end up paying the employees twice. No problem right. Reports take kind of long to download, and not easily customizable.

Sheila
  • Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Best decision we every made

Avaliado em 25/05/2021

They have helped me to ease up my role in the payroll process and they have set us up on five recruitment boards to help us find employees and the whole hiring process is so easy and I don't have to be so hands on through the process.

Vantagens

The hiring/onboarding piece is amazing.
They set us up in less than 3 days and had us doing our first payroll within a week. They sat with us through the whole payroll process from start to finish to make sure we understood it all.
The Time and attendance piece is awesome and works so well for our staff

Desvantagens

There is nothing we don't like about Paychex. It has met our expectations and continues to do so daily.

ADP Workforce Now e Paylocity

Razões para escolher o Paychex Flex

Paycor's customer service was awful and their program was not conducive to what we need as we continue to grow.

Paycor

Razões para mudar para o Paychex Flex

We felt it did a better job of what we needed and wanted our HRIS system to achieve.
Peter
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right

Avaliado em 07/11/2017

Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Vantagens

Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

Desvantagens

One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want?

Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

Candace
  • Setor: Software
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!

Avaliado em 09/04/2018

The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Vantagens

Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Desvantagens

Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

Devon
  • Setor: Internet

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

PayChex Flex is not that flexible.

Avaliado em 28/05/2020

Intuit should concede with their payroll platform and buy paychex, and paychex should enhance their integration and modernize the platform to something more agile like quickbooks. Employees should be able to onboard easier just as if they were buying something on Amazon. All of the 3rd party vendors that seem to be value added services are just more portals and passwords needing to be centralized.

Vantagens

When it works and the overloaded staff can actually assist you, it is an absolutely awesome service. I have used PayChex since about 2015. Back in the day my first representative was the absolute most amazing advisor and gave me confidence when speaking with her because I could tell she knew her job. Over time as we added more states and switched companies, our SUI numbers became switched, bank accounts and invoicing was not aligned.

Desvantagens

Besides the reports that you are inundated with, the platform feels like it can actually perform, but truthfully it is pitiful java platform. The two factor auth is great but gets on my nerves and the fact that you cannot integrate with other identity providers or into your actual backoffice systems is a shame.

Amy
  • Setor: Serviços ao consumidor

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need.

Avaliado em 26/07/2018

Vantagens

Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me.

The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks.

What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

Desvantagens

The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails.

The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear.

Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

Joshua
  • Setor: Construção

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

BIG DECISION

Avaliado em 06/10/2020

Overall, the experience has been neutral. I do have a good payroll account manager. However, Paychex does promote these positions very rapidly. It seems like any time I am assigned a knowledgeable payroll account manager, they are promoted. This leads me to have concerns regarding the consistency of reliable customer support.

Vantagens

I like the general ease of use that this software offers. I have had favorable experiences with my current payroll account manager.

Desvantagens

There are often times glitches that can cause issues with payroll deductions. It is crucial to double and triple check your PRINTED COPY prior to submitting each payroll.

Debbie
  • Setor: Serviços de informação

Love the Ease if Online Benefit Administration

Avaliado em 29/06/2018

Survey software is not something that I usually recommend.

Vantagens

The best thing about this software is that I can do everything I need to do on my computer or mobile phone at any time of the day or night. The application is very easy to access and I administer payroll, 401k, health, dental and vision benefits, FSA and employee additions/changes over the application. Almost every service I utilize through Paychex is on this application. Invaluable! If I'm out of town I can still submit payroll! WOW! What a game changer Paychex Flex has been! The old way of doing business is out the window with Paychex Flex replacing it in a very positive way!

Desvantagens

There is a couple of items that I would like to see enhanced. In people, I would like the ability to always pull up my preferred view of employees without having to click on the apply button. My preferred view is saved but will not display until I click on apply. Second, on the people drop down menu from the upper right corner, I would like the ability to select that view as well. When that drop down is selected I get all the employees that have ever been entered into the Paychex database - terminated and active. I want to be able to display just the active employees in that drop down. These are just enhancement requests that in no way affect the valuable pros of the application. The items in the cons are just "nice to haves".

Cristiano
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

• Probabilidade de recomendação 3.0 /10

Simple payroll & employee management system, ideal for small businesses.

Avaliado em 08/12/2021

If you don't need accurate time clock functionality, Paychex Flex is a great way to have a payroll processing solution.

Vantagens

The ease of use is the key selling point for Paychex Flex. As a small business owner with little to no HR/Accounting experience, Paychex made payroll and employee management simple and easy.

Desvantagens

Their employee app and time/attendance functionality is terrible. Time clocks were never accurate, difficult to correct, and is the reason we switched providers.

QuickBooks Payroll e ADP Workforce Now

Razões para mudar para o Paychex Flex

Price and ease of implementation. That being said, we have switched to ADP Workforce now after 2 years with Paychex