Katana Manufacturing ERP

Gestão de estoques e fabricação para pequenos fabricantes

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

142 avaliações

Jeff
  • Setor: Roupa e moda

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Katana has made a huge improvement to our business process!

Avaliado em 16/12/2020

I was extremely happy to find this app after months of struggling to keep track (using a spreadsheet) of current quantity for

1.) In stock blank shirts (various colors and sizes)
2.) Ordered blanks (various colors, sizes, and suppliers)
3.) Sales of finish products (various styles, colors, sizes, and designs.)

Making a Purchase Order list took way to long to complete each day. With Katana, tracking what we have and what we needed got so much easier and I was able to focus on more important business decisions. Before Katana I was over and under ordering ingredients.

I would recommend this app to anyone who uses Shopify and wants to make managing inventory of raw materials, ingredients, and sales orders easier.

Vantagens

Improved our ability to track shared ingredients for the products we sell.
Easy to know what quantity of ingredients to buy and who to buy it from.
Connects to Shopify and updates automatically.
Amazing customer support.

Desvantagens

It took some time to learn the software and create ingredients for each product - but is worth while.

Thank you!

Klaus
  • Setor: Maquinário

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

First Impression KATANA - perfect fit for smaller companies which do not need a complex...

Avaliado em 21/08/2020

For our requirements, set-up and company size the best we could find and test!
We will manage inventory/warehouse with 5000+ items, handle products with ingredients & operations, edit quotes, generate sales orders and mark received orders as shipped for automated invoice generation in Quickbooks. The cloud-based concept and the reduced complexity combined with an intuitivbe operatzion makes this SW easy to install and to work with if you have a team in different geographic locatioopns (as we have).
Set-up of KATANA is absolutely simple, mostl yself-explanatory and can be done by any "power-user" without need of (expensive) external ERP-consultants.

Vantagens

Handling of inventory, items, products, ingredients, sales orders - all this is handled in a very efficient, clear and easy to use way. Makes the difference compared to many alternative MRP-/ERP-systems.
Connector to QuickBooks with automatic trigger for invoices in QB once the products are marked as shipped in KATANA.
Connector to Shopify for on-line sale of spare parts.
100% helpful and open minded customer service - very helpful in helping to understand all features and finding the best workflow for specific situations.

Desvantagens

There are some functions/features which need improvement, e.g. the customization of documents such as Quotations so every company can generate a set of individual template to serve different areas (machines, spare parts, service,..). 3-5 custom fields for Quotes/Sales Orders/Products would be helpful. Althoug KATANA is intended to be a MRP-system it would be helpful to integrate SERVICE-articles (not only MAKE or BUY articles). This would allow to add a possible service portion to a spare parts quote.
Dedicated Delivery Notes (with partial shipments) would be a great feature.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you! Glad you are getting value out of Katana.

Andre
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

There are many shortcomings with this software

Avaliado em 01/04/2022

Manufacturing process

Vantagens

Ease of use, easy to implement and overall ease of use

Desvantagens

Shortcomings, bugs, and ever-changing pricing models

David

Just what I needed

Avaliado em 18/06/2020

Overall I have been very pleased. I know have a solid grasp of my inventory and am informed when I need to reorder materials. This has been a real game changer for my business and has allowed us to scale our manufacturing.

Vantagens

Katana integrates with my Shopify Site very easily and makes bundling products on my Shopify so much easier to track.

We also make candles and kits in house. Katana makes tracking inventory so much easier allowing me to know without guess or counting my materials how much of any particular object I can produce at any given time.

Desvantagens

It would be nice if there were barcodes, but I hear feature is coming soon. It would also be nice if I sell out of an object that is apart of a bundle that it would then make the bundle unavailable on my shopify site. I believe this is also in the works.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the review! Indeed, both mentioned features are on our roadmap.

Cecilia
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses

Katana Make Production Visible

Avaliado em 15/05/2020

It has been a very positive experience, putting joy in my work.

Vantagens

I love this software because of the ease of use and the workflow methodology. The drill down ability for stock and manufactured items are great. We have managed to get a lot more information on staff productivity through exporting complete manufacture orders data and reporting. I also love it that support is real and that I now know some of the team personally. They answer queries fast and efficiently.

Desvantagens

All the current issues I have are in development.
For example:
1. Adding landing costs to purchase order items
2. Multi Currency
3. Back Order information

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Atlas
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

Great Software for Custom Production

Avaliado em 22/03/2021

We switched to this app to help manage our custom product orders. It is really great at helping us track our costs and meet our delivery standards. It connects natively to Shopify which is a big bonus and helps us pull for our orders more efficiently. It also allows us to manage multiple stores/locations easily and effectively.

Vantagens

The support is always helpful - they've been quick to answer and they have always been able to answer our questions.

We've had this app for about 2 months now, and we are loving it. The adjustment was fairly simple and easy for staff, importing our data was easy and straight forward for setup.

Desvantagens

Would be great if we could count inventory via barcode scanner instead of manually entering qty's and then importing.

Odoo

Razões para mudar para o Katana Manufacturing ERP

We chose Katana because it connects natively to Shopify (no third party link/sync) and it best matched our current and future needs.
Scott
  • Setor: Mobiliário

Brilliant System

Avaliado em 16/12/2020

Frees up time. Accurate stock levels. Easily see where in the manufacturing process a job is

Vantagens

Brilliant. Katana has transformed how we managed stock and control manufacturing. The best part is it is simple without unwanted extras that take as much time to maintain as a manual system. Katana is efficient and fast. Integrates well with Xero and Shopify. Highly recommended.

Desvantagens

AMobile App would be brilliant but not essential

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the review and happy to be growing with you!

Quoc Viet
  • Setor: Automotivo
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

The simplest mrp system.

Avaliado em 06/10/2021

We can easy to get COGS, quickly in make decision for make or buy.
Implement is simple and quickly .

Vantagens

Clear process: Order fulfillment, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Inventory Control.

Desvantagens

Don't have kitting BOM (Combo product).
Format of Currency is bad, it's difficult to read.

ERPNext

Razões para escolher o Katana Manufacturing ERP

Easy, simple and focus on MRP.

Software anterior

Odoo

Razões para mudar para o Katana Manufacturing ERP

Simple and Very focus, easy to connect with Shopify and Quickbook.
Clarke

Intuitive Software

Avaliado em 10/02/2022

Overall very positive experience so far. Software is intuitive and simple to look at which is good. Customer service is outstanding, had a session with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] which he suggested and he was very good - and has even followed up with us since.

Vantagens

The software is very intuitive, meaning everything is in a logical space. The flow between areas works well and we love the ability to be able to customise the quote templates now.

Desvantagens

Haven't found anything as yet, had a few bugs but they mainly seem to be cache related.

Zach
  • Setor: Artigos de luxo e joias

Smooth Operator

Avaliado em 22/03/2021

It has been great, highly recommend for small to medium business. Very user friendly!

Vantagens

Katana has made our day to day business so much more fluid and stress free. It was easy to build out the product lines, upload product sku's and flip the switch on going live. Game changer!

Desvantagens

On the production schedule front, hoping that the software will eventually lump all the tasks together, I have multiple consumers that order the same item, each order is its own line item instead of being lumped into a group, so our production team needs to scrub the tasks before production starts as to make sure they capture each item, as to not create redunancy in work.

Rowena
  • Setor: Mobiliário

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Does everything it says it will

Avaliado em 11/09/2021

Like Xero, it's simple but powerful - what's not to like about that?! The support is friendly and helpful (despite only being available online) and the training videos are really well presented and easy to follow. A really good software implementation experience.

Vantagens

That may not sound very exciting, but in my experience, it's not always a given that getting the features to work is straightforward. But Katana really is both powerful and yet pretty straightforward, although just BECAUSE it has a lot of facility, I would recommend the investment of a little time in watching some of the training videos, which are excellent. Once I'd done that, it was full steam ahead and everything fell beautifully into place. The integration with Xero was completely straightforward and works like a charm. I know that as we go forward and get more and more information into the system it will provide even more, very valuable information for us.

Desvantagens

I have only a couple of really minor niggles; I would prefer to be able to enter dates, rather than having to always pick them off a calendar (for someone who types fast, this slows me down). I'd also like it if when you are "making" a product, if all the components of that product's sub-assembly are available, the software would just go on down the line and automatically make right down to the lowest assembly level. But as I said, these are really minor and would not stop me from wholeheartedly recommending Katana.

Callee
  • Setor: Atacadistas
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Great for small but growing handmade biz!

Avaliado em 26/05/2020

Vantagens

Just completed the free 14 day trial of Katana and have now begun a paid subscription. It took a few days and a bit of frustration to manually add all our products, ingredients, recipes, and current pending wholesale orders from outside of shopify, but having the shopify integration helped a lot. We use three different wholesale platforms (Faire, tundra & Abound), none of which offer automated third party integrations, so we knew we’d have to manually input orders and Katana serves that purpose as our centralized dashboard to see what needs to go out, when, from which platform, if we have it in stock, when we can make it, etc. In two weeks, we’ve already seen an increase in production efficiency and decrease in wholesale turnaround times now that EVERYTHING is being tracked in one place. Highly recommend Katana if you’re a maker, it’s never too early to implement automated systems in your biz!

Desvantagens

Glitches with accurate purchase prices showing up in overall product list. Described it to customer service and they denied it being a problem. That’s the only problem I’ve encountered so far. Tbh on customer support quality.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Hi! Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to work out any glitches that have occurred along the way. Happy making!

Jason
  • Setor: Aparelhos médicos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

A lot of bang for the buck!

Avaliado em 16/03/2022

We were able to implement Katana as our central point for our entire software stack. Each piece of software gets its orders and data from Katana. Normally, I would be hesitant to put any of the software that small business sees on a daily basis into this important position. I had no issue putting Katana into this position.

Vantagens

This software has a fantastic feel to make working in it incredibly efficient. As a person that works with software/web design/development, I can appreciate the attention paid to this incredibly complex platform.

Desvantagens

There isn't much we don't like. Most of the small things are already in the development cycle and they include small things like being able to customize Katana a bit more for our specific needs. Column order, custom fields, field mapping of API connections, etc.

Marcin
  • Setor: Aviação e aeroespacial

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

New user but very happy with software quality and functionality.

Avaliado em 24/06/2021

Reason to use Katana was mainly to organise production and stock levels. There is long learning curve, but in longer run I believe this will help us to clean process up.

Vantagens

Cloud integration and nice User Interface.

Desvantagens

- I am still little bit worried about lack of backup available to the user. There should be method to revert in time for example. If somebody messed up something, there is no way to go back.
- Another thing is lack of Sage integration.
- If new option is added to the existing product/material Internal Barcode is not generated and it has to be created manually. I am not sure why...
- sorting for example of PO orders is done by string, so orders are never in the correct order. Prefix PO- should be omitted for sorting table.

NetSuite

Price.
Kyle
  • Setor: Artigos de luxo e joias

Streamline Any Business With KATANA

Avaliado em 05/09/2019

The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

Vantagens

The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

Desvantagens

There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Lucille
  • Setor: Cosmético
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

A must for any manufacturing startup

Avaliado em 24/09/2019

Katana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.

Vantagens

Intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.

Desvantagens

We don't like the per-user pricing model.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for showing the love!

Alejandro
  • Setor: Bens de consumo
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The software we've been searching for!

Avaliado em 09/10/2019

Katana makes it easy to take our manufacturing to a new level by adding structure that will end up saving time and ultimately saving money.

Vantagens

Easy to use, flows and clear path to implementation.

Desvantagens

Would like to see Multi-languages and currency options.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the feedback!

justin
  • Setor: Automotivo

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Easy to use and helpful

Vantagens

It takes some time to set up and deploy, but once it's running, its super helpful! Its very easy to generate POs, update stock levels, and track sales and make orders. All the function without the bloated junk that expensive and advanced MRP systems have.

Desvantagens

I wish there was a way to have a negative stock variant (a single product that represents a product subtraction rather than having to make a full copy of a product recipe minus that one single item).
I wish there was a way to group materials without having to create a separate product for them. Each product will generate a separate make order, but sometimes Its not actually something that can be made individually, it just represents all the parts that make up an assembly. There is currently no way to make a group of materials that does not become its own product that the system thinks needs to be made as its own inventory item.

Ryan
  • Setor: Vidro, cerâmica e concreto

Amazing Software!

Avaliado em 07/04/2021

Vantagens

I love how easy it is to keep track of our inventory, and easily order more materials. It is easy to navigate and very user-friendly. You can easily see how much material you have in stock, and Katana warns you when stock is running low. Never again will I run out of what I need! Customer service is very outstanding as well, I have asked them multiple questions and they always get back quickly with a well detailed response. Love it!

Desvantagens

Honestly cannot think of any cons about this software, I have not had any problems out of it.

Zach
  • Setor: Bens de consumo

Great Value for Small Manufacturing Businesses

Avaliado em 21/01/2020

The overall experience has been a positive one. It does well what is promised, and the support team is helpful while also listening to feedback for future improvements.

Vantagens

The price makes Katana most attractive. It is also intuitive to set up and use. Katana also provided helpful onboarding assistance.

Desvantagens

The software is a bit limited with respect to features for or customization of PO's.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for reviewing Katana!

Valentina
  • Setor: Fabricação de alimentos

Katana

Avaliado em 21/01/2020

It's been really helpful to keep track of our production and inventory. Once was very useful to check out margins considering operation, but this info got confused at some point, so we are trying to resolve it so we can once again trust what appears on the software.

Vantagens

It's really easy to setup and use. It gives you just the right information about your products and the automatization of any changes you make in processes is very useful and convenient.

Desvantagens

I've encounter a lot of bugs that are quickly fixed, but interfere with projects and daily work. The margins and costs info is a little untrustworthy and hard to read when looking for errors.
The software doesn't consider quantity of people actually making the production, only hours, so if we work with extra hands is really hard to setup time lines for our weekly throughout.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the feedback! I can assure we are constantly working on having less errors on daily basis!

Ike
  • Setor: Atacadistas
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Katana is great for inventory and stock adjustments!

Avaliado em 20/12/2020

Overall the pros definitely out weigh the cons (at least for our business) so we're very pleased.

Vantagens

I really like that I'm able to save my product's SOPs and can easily find them when I need to make more! It is very handy to have that feature. I also enjoy that after I have made the product, I can add the inventory through a stock adjustment. It's a very simple process that is not convoluted. Big fan!

Desvantagens

The only thing that I don't love is when I am doing a stock adjustment I have to do the math on each item to get it to the correct total. For example: If I start the week with 35 of a specific item and throughout the week, say, 17 get purchased, when I do inventory and account for that, I have to use the calculator to figure out 35 -17 = correct total. And I have to do that math for each individual item.

Resposta do Katana MRP Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your kind words!

Inês

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Transformational for our business!!!

Avaliado em 28/03/2021

It has been transformational for our business and looking forward to keep growing powered by Katana!

Vantagens

Simple to use, comprehensive functionalities and above all highly flexible to fit our DTC and made to order workflow.

Desvantagens

Inventory reporting can be improved with standard analytics

Emil
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

Unbelievable!

Avaliado em 15/11/2021

Not only does the App work perfectly, but the support is out of this world.

We have quite complex requirements for the size of our business due to having products that change every month. The team at Katana helped me to design the perfect solution and then found us a brilliant agency to implement it for a very reasonable price. All for no additional cost. Friendly, helpful and fast responses. Perfect 11/10 for customer service

I have used far more expensive MRP and ERP systems in the past, and I must say that Katana measures up very well. For the price and it's ability to integrate with everything we already use it is unbeatable.

If you are a manufacturing business and you use Xero, use Katana!

Set up
Customer service
Ability to integrate

Desvantagens

No in house integrations option. Customer service was so good, I would have liked an integration option directly from Katana

Christin
  • Setor: Artigos esportivos
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Keeps us on Track!

Avaliado em 06/01/2022

Vantagens

Katana keeps us organized both in inventory and in our manufacturing process.

Desvantagens

Many new features seem to be only available in the highest level of the software, which is very expensive for a small business.