JumpCloud Directory Platform

Directory-as-a-Service para gestão de identidades na nuvem

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

202 avaliações

Hany
  • Setor: Software

Great App that makes IT life easier

Great experience so far

Easy UI, Lots of integration and new features

Desvantagens

Support needs to get more proactive and know their product more better

Robert
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Great functional product that tackles most of the Central management and directory functions

Avaliado em 18/09/2020

Jumpclouds offering has great features and helps simplify the central user management issue we had. Importing users from Gsuite which was the main system that housed all our users centrally was simple, albeit lacking granular import options (such as ignore mailgroups etc)
Systems (which are devices) is the inventory of all your systems running the jumpcloud agent - the greatest feature here is being able to set MFA for logging into your mac, which is very useful if you'd like to bring that security practice in.
Actioning user changes is pretty quick and straightforward but there are some caveats on some of the more everyday features that could be laid out in a slicker fashion. For example resetting a users password cannot be done from a click of a button - you have to go into the account and manually set a new one, or invite the user to reset it themselves, but if you've integrated JC and Gsuite, and they cant get into their email, which partly breaks our self serve functionality we're tyring to bring to the company.
The idea of being able to deploy and manage the admin account when a mac is managed via the agent is a helpful addition taking away the need to implement one through various other means.
Policies as they stand are a little different to what your typical "mdm polices" are. So theres a bit of a distinction to pick up with that.
The Agent & account tis a less forgiving implementation and requires that the account names on the macs match the JC directory.

Vantagens

Support right through the demo to the purchase, to the implementation. Success criteria are agreed between yourselves and them.
They're improving the product almost daily and have the ability to use web-hooks to monitor service status'
The ease in which you are able to integrate Gsuite (as well as multiple ways to import users from your existing central directory) It also gives you the ability to tailor the input for mass imports to limit the need to get users involved in this stage. The ability to simply submit Ideas to improve the UI. The communication from their design team and being involved in user testing so early on.
The resource and Knowledge base is extensive and easy to read - one of the best Ive used from a company in this space.
The interface is also simple to use and navigate through without being buried under complex sub menus
Straightforward email notifications from the system.
Being able to simply reimport users youve deleted without having to wait for a sync or overlapping the account when reimporting.

Desvantagens

A few tricky bits around JC > Gsuite integration wording that take some time to get your head around when integrating and activating accounts once imported.

The admin vs user console login is dynamic and handled via one URL making it a little frustrating to see what the user profile looks like as you have to log out/open a new window to log in as a user - they should be separate logins URLS/Pages or have dropdowns within the admin page in order to switch between. The lack of global settings to apply around Security means for both user login and System security - you have to apply MFA individually to users
When removing/disabling users there isnt an ability to change what happens to their email account - they will be disabled/suspended immediately.

Not able to tailor the automated emails that come from the system to your users as it stands

Importing users via OUs inside Gsuite isnt possible (its everyone or needing to know user by user who to import (not the end of the world but worthwhile noting if you have more than 200 users + copious amounts of group emails)

Currently no ability to assign users to OUs from within JC to Gsuite.

We utilitise divisions and Departments as sub groups for organising our employees and use this hierarchy in another solution. Youre currently not able to nest groups so we had to flat out create ever department as top level inside the "system of users" section. Again a little niche for us, and shouldnt mark this awesome product down

Razões para mudar para o JumpCloud Directory Platform

Their offering for the tools and features came in at a great price and offered the greatest value. The ability to manage users as well as manage mac devices was a great bonus to us.
Ravit

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Cylus Review

Avaliado em 09/11/2021

We are new to it, seems nice and easy to use but the MAJOR issue is locking us out of our PCs without any warnings and that caused us to pause the usage - a shame - as we worked hard to integrate it and were excited about using it.

Vantagens

The fact that I can have an active directory and SSO managed for Macs/Ubuntu and Window users all in one place is amazing

Desvantagens

There's a bug and it locks our users, especially in Ubunto but also in Macs and it caused a HUGE inconvenience for us. Takes support time to respond. Initial chat response is quick, but when we need the professional side ad-hock when I have an Executive locked out of his pc all day, it wasn't resolved

Moses
  • Setor: Ócio, viagens e turismo

Easy deployment

Avaliado em 14/02/2023

I highly recommend purchasing JumpCloud. This software will provide all the tools they need to manage their users and devices in one place.

Vantagens

JumpCloud is very easy to install on devices and can be installed on Windows, Linux and MacOs. The UI of the software is simple and easy to use as well.

Desvantagens

Without proper training, it could be dangerous to make changes in the settings and configurations.

Tyler
  • Setor: Rádio e televisão

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Fantastic solutions for disparate business structure

Avaliado em 03/11/2021

Jumpcloud allows us to control our security stance by giving us assurance that when we suspend a user, they are suspended.

Vantagens

I really love that this software allows us to take control over a wide variety of computers, provides a central IDP for LDAP and Radius and allows us to provision computers and users with ease.

Desvantagens

At this point, I think the only thing I am missing is the ability to control apps outside of DEP with Macs (like Chrome and Google Drive). Also linux app control.

Jesse

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The first and most crucial step on my ZeroTrust Networking and various compliance initiatives.

Avaliado em 26/04/2021

I have been spinning my wheels in implementing ZeroTrust principles in my network, trying to set up the myriad of tools to extend an on-prem directory. I realize I was stuck in 2010, resulting in an unhealthy relationship with Microsoft Active Directory. Now I can tie in all the different services on the cloud to a directory that doesn't so much care about the underlying infrastructure, I can focus on the users and devices and let JumpCloud keep the lights on for me.

Also, I recently had a few gaps in my HIPAA security audit, and I was able to address them very simply with JumpCloud. This turned a fairly lengthy process of configuration management for predominantly mobile devices into a very simple and well-documented solution. The result is I passed my HIPAA verification.

Vantagens

I love the single source of truth in a cloud-native platform. For me, this feels a little like Git for Users/Devices in that I trust that this is where my users/devices live, not spread out across dozens of disparate systems. Also... dead simple ssh with mfa on Linux... MIND BLOWN!

Desvantagens

Currently, there is no support for device management on Chromebooks or Android.

Razões para mudar para o JumpCloud Directory Platform

JumpCloud had the features of the competitors I wanted, plus the device management features the others did not have. In the end I have ONE tool that does what it would take TWO tools to do with another platform.
Arockia
  • Setor: Engenharia mecânica ou industrial
  • Porte da empresa: 501 - 1 000 funcionários

Swiss army knife for IAM and IT management

Avaliado em 02/11/2021

Overall very much satisfied for the commitment made with JumpCloud with it’s features and timely aupport

Vantagens

Cross platform support is the important feature I like about with the power of automation through script execution and policy management.

Desvantagens

Software management is the least interesting feature through it supports Chocalatey package manager out of the box, it would be bit risky to use the community packages.

Custom package deployment through chocalatey is pain for the admin to setup securely

Razões para mudar para o JumpCloud Directory Platform

Out of the box Cross platform support is the major reason.
Aaron
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Directory as a service the next generation

Avaliado em 16/08/2020

It has been awesome to know I can track staff, device but not use active directory. It's only took a few days to learn the software and the documentation has been awesome.

Vantagens

Not having to use Microsoft domain management. Less on prem expense and more focus on daily needs. Easy to use and deployment.

Desvantagens

I haven't really had an draw backs from using this software it has really help to go domain less for me as a MSP owner.

Microsoft Azure e Okta

Razões para mudar para o JumpCloud Directory Platform

To have a directory in the cloud and SSO with splash page was perfect and everything I was looking for. I have it connected to most of my major programs and since the agent was added to the systems icons I can easily get to my programs. It as been revolutionary in saving time and money.
Mike
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

Great Software and Service

Avaliado em 13/10/2019

Very good and very helpful with managing dispersed machines across many different clients.

Vantagens

Automatically updates and pushes changes out to devices in near real-time. Works with a host of services and grows every day. Has many of the main features of a DaaS, without being overly complex or difficult to configure. Windows policy configuration without a domain for small businesses.

Desvantagens

Lacks substantial Mac and Linux policy configuration.

Razões para mudar para o JumpCloud Directory Platform

Azure works in similar ways, but the configuration and user interface is less friendly. It also has more than is necessary in certain cases, such as in small to medium businesses, and is a bit more rigid in terms of deployment and setup.
Moises
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Break away from the traditional way of managing your computers

Avaliado em 22/11/2019

I love the ability of being able to manage computers and apps from anywhere that I am at. I do not have to be in the office to manage anything. Break away from the traditional settings.

Vantagens

I love the fact this this is an online solution to your old traditional way to manage computers from internal servers. It branches outside your office to anywhere you want to do work.

Desvantagens

Some of the function setups are not that user friendly. Policies are a headache when selecting what to configure. It's not easy to go back where you left off. Sometimes you have to scroll down a long list of configurations to get back to the location that you last left off from.

Alex

Awesome software, awesome people

Vantagens

The ease of use as well as the Slack lounge + support team is quick to respond.

Desvantagens

I have not encountered any situations yet where the software was not able to meet my needs.

Razões para mudar para o JumpCloud Directory Platform

Jumpcloud allowed us to do 90% of what the other services would allow in a single product.
Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Gestão da educação

Great Application Getting even Better

Avaliado em 12/12/2019

My overall experience has been nothing but positive. Now that all passwords are sync'd across both local and web services, our users rarely need password resets anymore. Their technical support has been very helpful and responsive in the few (maybe two times in two years?) I've needed to call them.

Vantagens

I love its ease of use. Getting started using it was effortless as a single tech doing the work. Its ability to serve as a directory server for G Suite, PowerSchool (LDAP), and WiFi (RADIUS) makes my life so much easier. And it's even great that for G Suite it can be user-specific. We have some accounts that we don't tie into JumpCloud simply because they only need email. JumpCloud can "pull" G Suite Accounts if they already exist, and I love how it can "push" accounts as well for creating new users.

Desvantagens

There are a few niceties that they haven't implemented yet. Extensive logs can easily be pulled via their API, but they aren't available via the web-gui. They also haven't yet managed to implement the ability to manage Google Groups through their interface yet (but that's supposedly coming soon).

Jeffrey

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Solid way to manage users

Avaliado em 09/10/2019

I use jump-cloud for my own business and my clients primarily to help with user management and to manage access to the various services that are used. It jump make all this easier.

Vantagens

It solves a bunch of problems all at once. You can have Jumpcloud handle your G Suite/Office 365 password, then use that same password for your computer logins and well as for your office's WiFi. A lot of people miss that last one. Small business rarely change the WiFi password, so every exemployee knows how to log in. With Jumpcloud Radius service, everyone uses their Jumpcloud password to log in. If someone is no longer with the company, you disable their Jumpcloud account and they no longer can log in.
If you are a Linux admin, Jumpcloud's system agent can handle password, or even better ssh keys with two-factor authentications. This really take security up while making all it easy to manage.
They keep adding features as well, like recently added management of Bitlocker.

Desvantagens

I only have minor grips. Like to manage LDAP, you have to create an LDAP bind user. No big deal, but that is the only thing I'm going to use that account for. The fact that it shows up as an option for G Suite or for system log ins is unnecessary. Seems like that should be a special user locked away under LDAP tab somewhere.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Internet
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Perfect solution for an easy to implement IT systems management

Avaliado em 09/11/2021

The initial problem we were trying to solve was user management as we were originally a smaller company and used a lot of shared machines. Once we got on board with Jumpcloud, the ease of understanding and implementing device policies was near second to none, and even the use and set up of a Radius server for our Wifi management was near second to none.

Finally, the support received from Jumpcloud is definitely second to none. If you have any issues, they're more than happy to jump on a call with you to work through an issues you may have, or to listen to any feature requests you're needing.

Vantagens

The ease of use of Jumpcloud and setting up our office equipment is the best thing about this service. Being able to add users with the ease of a click to shared machines, or adding new staff to your office Wifi, or make sure you have the best policies in place to keep your machine secure. JumpCloud is by far the best solution for those smaller businesses that don't have the time or the budget for a dedicated IT team

Desvantagens

There isn't much to not like anymore. They now have VPP deployment for Macs and custom package deployments for mac. The only shortfall, for now, is that there currently isn't the ability to do automatic updating of Mac apps purchased via VPP. The last part that we'd like is iOS management.

Edgar
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

JumpCloud is great!

Avaliado em 02/11/2021

It's been great to manage our users' permission levels on their laptops. Easy for admins to manage.

Vantagens

JumpCloud allows us to change passwords for our users and does the FileVault authentication step automatically. This helps reduce lockout time and IT intervention time.

Desvantagens

I would like for the software to allow SSO to be fluid. If you connect Google Workspace with JumpCloud, then JumpCloud has to be the source of truth. It would be nice if it were up to the admins to decide what is the source of truth. I'd still remain using JumpCloud solely for the FileVault feature if it allowed Google to be the source of truth. Would make our setup so much easier.

Yatish
  • Porte da empresa: 501 - 1 000 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Overall Jumpcloud experience as user and admin

Avaliado em 02/11/2021

It is a great tool overall and would recommend it often. I have already to 2 other pals in the IT industry. I think in terms of initial use it, I am not sure of how using and getting useed to it is, but I think with the power it comes with, I feel it MIGHT be overwhelming

Vantagens

i like the control it has for configuring usage, compliance and security. I have mostly worked with SSO apps and some user grouping setup and have found great benefit. I also love the fact that it has a intuitive UI.

Desvantagens

I think one issue another admin had was compatibility and roll out to 'take over' laptops, PCs and servers with the agent. My issues I think are the fact that sometimes the SSO apps dont work cleanly - ie. logs us out soon, etc. Another thing I think is the performance of the platform at times is a little slow.

Mark

Reliable product

Avaliado em 09/09/2019

Jumpcloud are always requesting feedback and improving their offering

Vantagens

Minimal downtime and easy to navigate GUI.

Desvantagens

Access to logs is via API only making them hard to decipher at times.

cost
Michael
  • Setor: Entretenimento
  • Usado Mensal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Support is the real MVP at JumpCloud!

Avaliado em 22/07/2022

I was using JumpCloud LDAP for a Company's many IT devices and providing staff permissions and access to several intranet websites via single-sign-on. I very much appreciated the 10 free users, as this made it possible to configure the environment fully at a micro-scale for no cost, before onboarding our entire team. While I could have provided LDAP and SSO from on-premise infrastructure, JumpCloud provided an entry point into this ecosystem that was relatively new to me and also the security and stability of knowing that our business-necessary services would remain accessible in case of an on-premise server error.

Vantagens

JumpCloud has excellent support. I was using JumpCloud's LDAP as a service and encountered an issue early on where I suddenly could not view my tenants. Normally, this would be a negative thing, but Support quickly diagnosed the issue as being on their end, and escalated my ticket, at 2 AM Eastern. Knowing it was out of my control and assuming that our services would just start working again when it was resolved, I went to bed and woke up to an email from my support tech. The email had been sent one hour later and informed me the issue should be resolved and to please try again. It worked flawlessly from then on, and I only stopped using it because the business I was integrating it into announced it was closing. Will definitely use JumpCloud again next time I need SSO.

Desvantagens

I found the JumpCloud interface confusing at times. Accessing a Tennant locked me into viewing only that tenant's data and enabled services, which became an issue as I was trying to activate certain services on that tenant and could find no way to do that from the Master Administrator interface. I would love to see more in-depth instructional videos on their YouTube, as these seem like common things to need to do. Still, considering the responsiveness of support, if the project had not shut down I'm sure I would have been able to learn the interface fairly quickly.

Erly
  • Setor: Consultoria de gestão

Avaliado em 02/11/2021

It helps me manage clients in other states.

Vantagens

Easy to manage companies remotely, and also when configuring computers.

Desvantagens

Little bit price, when need only for authentication.

Easy to deploy.
Andre
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Dumping the old and embracing the new!

Avaliado em 04/09/2019

Overall JumpCloud has been wonderful. I was able to eliminate the costs of hosting a datacenter for my client and reduced their overall IT costs by 30% or more. This allowed them to use that savings to leverage other cloud based services to enhance their entire business model.

Vantagens

JumpCloud DaaS helped me move an organization from an expensive hosted AD environment to a cloud based one which provides much needed security and ease of use for my registered users. Its licensing scheme was cost effective, its inherent ability to migrate users onto the platform easily was great, and its administrative portal is very easy to use.

Desvantagens

I haven't found any cons yet. The software runs very well. Whenever I did run into issues with the deployment or setup the help team was prompt and knowledgeable.

Matthew
  • Setor: Instituições religiosas

Jumpcloud simplifies SSO

Avaliado em 02/11/2021

We are simplifying our onboarding process to have minimal passwords and provide one dashboard for both MDM and user management.

Vantagens

We like the ease of use for deployment and managing users in one place. We like the ability to add apps easily to single sign on

Desvantagens

MDM for IOS/Android is Missing the mark. Jumpcloud is also missing several "one click" options to enable single sign on for some apps like Meraki etc.. I would expect a of an API solution for things like Meraki. The MDM options overall are lacking as in I am not able to push WIFI config via MDM which I consider a basic task.

Microsoft Azure e Okta

Ease of deployment.
Zachary
  • Setor: Segurança pública

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Great for Apple Environments

Avaliado em 11/11/2021

Security benefits and access management. I now know if a user account has been locked. out remotely, and am able to provide support without being colocated.

Vantagens

Quick and easy configuration setup with a very in depth support [SENSITIVE CONTENT] available to help you get on your feet and running quickly.

Desvantagens

Some critical components are not outlined early on as something that should be denoted for future use. (Certification renewal requires the same account, this was likely implementation error on our end, but caused major headaches)

Neil
  • Setor: Varejistas

JumpCloud is an IT Administrator's Dream if you want value and ease of use

Avaliado em 09/11/2021

The simplicity of use has allowed us to skill up IT Staff quickly to act as System Admins

Vantagens

Simplicity, constantly enhancing UI, constantly enhancing features

Desvantagens

Wish the SSO feature was more robust when we procured JumpCloud (we were an early adopter), as we would have possibly opted for it over Okta

Jon
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Long time customer with all Mac fleet

Avaliado em 02/11/2021

Overall it is fantastic and is getting better all the time.

Vantagens

Gave us a single complete IDP solution for all of our systems and services.

Desvantagens

Deploying JumpCloud in a zero touch flow when using a 3rd party MDM is not well supported.

John

Great Contender for Cloud Based LDAP

Avaliado em 09/11/2021

Great solution for infrastructure free cloud based LDAP.

Vantagens

Easy to roll out and implement, whether you are considering to go totally cloud or looking for a SSO for web based services.

Desvantagens

The small businesses that I work with have used the free user/device model successfully. Though once they grow past the limit, the cost is quite steep to fully buy into the cost structure. I wish there was a middle ground to transition small business into a more cost effective growth model.