Instore

Point of sale software for midsize restaurants & retailers

3.9/5 (37 avaliações)
Alex G.

It's been a journey

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Nice folks. If not for the fact that we're tied in to the gift cards that we've sold, we would probably experiment with different POS options. We're not convinced that other apps are better, we suspect that they all have pluses and minuses. But it would be nice to have the freedom to explore a bit more.

Vantagens

Generally speaking, it does what we need it to do in a way that makes sense.
We often go months without thinking about it or worrying about it.
The team at Instore genuinely cares, and while they don't listen to all of our feedback, we can see that our feedback has led to improvement.

Desvantagens

I don't think the back end is robust enough. Sometimes it's impossible to download reports because the server times out before it processes and packages the reports.
We've never felt that the "end of day" functionality made much sense.
We'd like more flexibility with how it interacts with individual staff members.
Sometimes changes are made without us being informed that don't feel like improvements.
It would be nice if there were more flexibility in settings about how the app is set up.

Dustin P.

Excellent POS for Bar Based Businesses

Avaliado em 17/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

For the money, its hard to beat Instore as a great POS system for our cigar bar.

Vantagens

The user interface of Instore is very simple to use. The way it presents categories and then items in those categories allows for fast input of orders for customers. The recently added Tab feature allows us to store credit card numbers without having to hold customers cards for tabs they want to run. The ability to add employee payroll cost, as well as COGS allows you to quickly see what your true profit for the day was after each shift closing.

Desvantagens

The reporting system isn't as robust as I'd like, however the basic reporting does provide you with access to most items. I'd like to see more details around breakdown of sales per hour and day, etc.

Lizzie P.
Traduzir com Google

My experience with Instore is overall favorable, but not without some frustrations

Avaliado em 19/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

THANKS FOR ADDING TABS!!!!!

Vantagens

I like that usually when I call for assistance, I get a response within an hour. I also appreciate the ease of adjusting items through the back end of things. The ability to control tax on each item has also been vital to being able to use the system for my business.

Desvantagens

The system isn't as intuitive as it could be. I'd also like to see more specifics in terms of back end reporting.

Todd T.

Easy, Intuitive - iPad Based POS Application for Restaurants and Retail

Avaliado em 23/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

The folks behind this software know what they do well and understand their limitations. They do not "over sell" and provide great support.

Very Easy to Learn!
Great Reporting!
Great Customer Service!
They have a nice size install base with "real world reference cases".

Desvantagens

Not ready for Multi-Unit use quite yet but close. Would like to see a Kitchen Video Display solution for restaurants.

Laura B.

Great POS program

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

At times when updates have occurred some information has been lost or repositioned

Vantagens

Its'simicity yet able to handle just about everything. Easy to make adjustments when necessary and communication with tech support is fast!

Desvantagens

The lack of control we have over the rewards program, points, etc. I want to be able to handle customer issues immediately

Jorge H.

Competitive

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Overall great system. Just need better communication with in store reps.

Vantagens

Price and full control of menu everything is done in store. No need to contact anyone or call unless it’s really bad

Desvantagens

I feel that the Credit card processing is a bit off. I would gave power outages often and also lost lots of money on offline processing.

Chris M.

Perfect for our shop

Avaliado em 27/01/2015

Vantagens

The Instore team is responsive to our needs and problems. Many times when I have had an issue, I have called to find them in the final stages of an update to resolve that very problem. They have a robust system that is very easy to use for our coffee shop. Menu updates are simple and can be pushed out immediately. Employee timesheets are kept automatically. They are worth every penny of our subscription, and I especially appreciate the use of third party hardware. We saved literally thousands of dollars in hardware alone. Bottom line: Instore is clean, easy to operate, easy to update, and simple. It's one less thing to consume my very limited time.

Desvantagens

Some of the finer points of the software are a little clunky, such as item modifier management, and some of the backend is less user-friendly than desired. But again, I've been informed that a major backend overhaul is in the works to address these very issues. As far as complaints about the Vendor themselves, I have none!

Susan T.
Traduzir com Google

Ease of use and great customer service!

Vantagens

The ability to see your companies daily and monthly sales. Customer service is great and they respond quickly when problems arise.

Desvantagens

Have not been able to figure out how to assign a cashier to each register transaction. This is something that is needed to track cash loss prevention.

Louisa H.

GREAT POS FOR A SMALL SHOP

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Customer service communication via email is great. Everyone is very accommodating and helpful.

Vantagens

It has all the features we need for a small cheese/wine/beer shop. Very easy to use, clean and simple user face. We sell cheese so the integrated scale is extremely useful. Not many other POS systems have integrated scale. Instore is always working on updates to improve the POS system. Since we've been using the system, they've added a new feature on sales tax which is quite useful for when we need to file sales tax.

Desvantagens

There are a few features that we would like to have -- I can't easily get a master list of all my inventory, a request would have to be sent to the engineers and it takes a few days to turnaround. Customer service is great through email but not as helpful when we have issues in real time. Normally, can't reach anyone on the phone, would have to leave vmail or email and have someone return your call within 24 hrs.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 8.0/10

My C.
Setor: Entretenimento

Vantagens

I like the emails we get about updates & the interface. For the most part it's really easy to use and the FAQ are very helpful.

Desvantagens

It's not always the most intuitive POS system. It took a long time got an update to be created that allowed us to start tabs.

Namil F.
Traduzir com Google

Overall Good product but could be much better.

Avaliado em 23/09/2018

Vantagens

Ease of use and stability. System rarely has any problems and the credit card processing is stable.

Desvantagens

Key features missing for food service business. Missing ingredient level inventory and a feature to track waste so that your end of day numbers are exact.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 6.0/10

Susan S.

So Happy in Austin

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Support is great and I’m so happy I chose instore for our first shop!

Vantagens

Ease of use, detail of reports, reward system is loved by most, hold orders are very convenient and the overall look!

Desvantagens

That there is no FINAL screen after the customer signs or pays . . . Something to say, “Thank you! See you tomorrow”
Customers are often confused and say, “am I done?” When it jumps to the next order screen

Emily E.
Traduzir com Google

Good, not bad for start up

I love the rewards.

Vantagens

It is very easy to create an item. Once created you can easily send it right to the pos from anywhere. I don’t always have to be at my store to up date.

Desvantagens

There is not a very good inventory system. Or maybe it is just difficult to understand. I find myself guessing what I need because the system doesn’t let me track it.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 6.0/10

Judy C.
Traduzir com Google

Overall the system is fairly easy to use.

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

I don’t like the fact that you don’t need to open a shift in order to sell.

Vantagens

It’s Easy to use. You can take the iPad anywhere. I like having the employee hours on the same system.

Desvantagens

The individual shift reports. I would like more detail on the individual’s shift, not just cash, When there’s more than one shift open on the same date at the same time.

Chris W.

Does Pretty Good

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

I like the Instore product it is easy to use, they are constantly updating it with new features, and I like the metrics it measures. However, I am afraid my business might be a bit too busy for it to keep up with.

Vantagens

The overall product is very clean and intuitive. It was easy to program and is easy for my employees to learn how to use.

Desvantagens

I have a small soda fountain and when we get busy during peak hours, the system will occasionally lag. This can be very frustrating when we have a line out the door and need to pick up the pace.

Julie A.

Needs more features

Vantagens

It is easy to use but needs to add more features, such as an ability to hold and sort orders. This is vital for a business that takes orders for a few weeks out.

Desvantagens

The iPad and system together are very glitchy (I don’t know if they sell used iPads) but within six months our system became very hard to work with.

Sarah E.

It's good to start

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

It needs to be easier to add inventory. Ounces, containers etc.

Vantagens

It's easy to train employees on and easy to navigate. I like that I can see the daily reports on my phone.

Desvantagens

My accountant doesn't like the profit and loss report at all. He said it's not a true profit and loss report.

Kimberly E.
Traduzir com Google

Like it but don’t love it

Vantagens

Reports are good and what I can see remotely with regards to sales

Desvantagens

Grayscale, not really user friendliness

Susan R.
Setor: Supermercados
Traduzir com Google

Good value but we have had to work out some "bugs" the good news is support fixes problems quickly.

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

We are happy with the system and we are hoping that because we have had bugs worked out so quickly that that is a sign that the software is still evolving and can grow with us!

Vantagens

The customer support is really good. We communicate problems with a customer representative and he gets right back to us!

Desvantagens

Just some "bugs" in the system and times that there is a syncing delay with the two terminals we have.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 8.0/10

Orlando D.
Traduzir com Google

Easy to use and fast to setup

Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

good experience with my first POS ever used.

Vantagens

multiple locations, ability to set up different items at each location, all in one registers available

Desvantagens

layout need to be changed to make more user friendly. I have a large menu with many categories where more category space would have been useful

John W.
Setor: Entretenimento
Traduzir com Google

Has the opportunity to be great

I like the easy set-up
The online ability to see up to date sales
I like the ability to be mobile with the POS

Desvantagens

Do not like the customer service
Do not like the fact you can’t split tabs or combine them
Don’t like how easy it drops service or ability to take credit cards

Jake C.
Traduzir com Google

Good enough but should be better

Vantagens

I can do everything i need right from the ipad. Customer support is very good. The help pages on the website are helpful

Desvantagens

In the app rums a little slow and it seems like a lot of buttons to be constantly pressing,l to get the result i want, i feel like it should be simplified somehow. The website is difficult to navigate.

Lacey R.

Instore Hits The SweetSpot

Avaliado em 22/07/2015

Vantagens

The customer service, while not 24 support, is extremely responsive. I have felt like I am part of my POS team instead of just an end user of a purchased product. The software is reliable and flexible.

Desvantagens

The lack of 24 hour support has been difficult at times, but very rarely.

Amanda K.

Good POS system

Vantagens

I like the customization features. You can tailor the app to help it function best for your store needs.

Desvantagens

Certain features can slow you down if not utilized correctly. Customer service can be slow and take weeks to remedy bugs and fixes.

Sheldon M.

Very user friendly

Avaliado em 19/09/2018

Vantagens

Hand held are a great way to get orders quick and pay at the table.You can also use it off site for banquets.

Desvantagens

You can’t ring in or split tickets by seat numbers. The printer looses communication with the iPad one or twice a week