Avaliações do SolarWinds Passportal

SolarWinds Passportal

Encrypted cloud-based, automated password protection

4.5/5 (35 avaliações)
Avaliador Verificado
Traduzir com Google

Has potential but not there yet

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We used Thycothic Secret Server for password management and SharePoint for documentation. We were looking for a tools to help improve documentation and found IT Glue first , which seems to be a mature solution, but the sales resps (specially since the product belongs to Kaseya) are jerks and they want to charge an arm and a leg besides locking you up on a contract for years.
In our search, we found Passportal. It looked like IT Glue six years ago and the sales rep made a ton of promises about the development team working on "tons" of new features".
The password manager is good, we like the mobile app; but it is slow and the UI doesn't flow.
The documentation part is not ready yet. We tried to use and it doesn't give us the "efficiency" e were looking for. We went back to SharePoint and hope that SolarWinds brings this product up to speed.

Vantagens

The mobile app to see passwords while on the field. +1 for MFA support.
Ability to request access to passwords for L1 techs and they can be assigned permanently or temporarily. The is no report about this, thought.

Desvantagens

It is supper slow. To get one password you have to navigate through folders and it takes 3-5 second to load a page. The search engine should default to current customer and keep that setting until its changed. It should remember your last folder, etc.
All the documentation part is still not mature as rivals like IT Glue:
- Default templates don't have the fields we need, and if we modify them, we can not link them from passwords anymore. There is no way to go back.
- Domains don't allow to enter custom DNS records, and they don't have snapshots; so if somebody changes your DNS zone, there is not way to know what was there before.
- There is not alerts for domain or certificates about to expire.
- SOP Documents don't allow inheritable templates. You need to create the same document for each client for common procedures.
- No reporting. Only for passwords. The "runbook" is just a dump of all documents/assets.

The feedback option doesn't show dates, so you don't know if a feedback or a idea you are going to vote for has been there for years or days.

5.0/10
Jason P.

Zero Complaints

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Documentation of customer systems is a nightmare. A) You've got to have a centralized place where your staff can access it, B) That data needs to be secure, C) There are not many affordable AND secure options for small businesses like ours. PassportalMSP has solved all of these issues in one go. We are now migrating all of our documentation into Passportal with ease and it's actually USEFUL to keep up and running as we go about our day supporting clients.
My sales rep has been amazing! Highly communicative, quick to respond, ensures I've understood how the system works for when I want to start reselling password security to clients.
Onboarding was a breeze. By the time I had scheduled my onboarding session, however, I had already begun utilizing the system and my customizations were as they would have recommended. A very intuitive system to use!
Pricing is spot on as well. Add to the fact I can resell to clients as part of a service bundle or otherwise, and eventually the service pays for itself. You can't go wrong with that.

I highly recommend giving it a trial, if you're struggling with centralized documentation and password management!

Vantagens

Highly intuitive interface, easy browser integration, plenty of options to customize data entered into the system, data is connected quickly to other relevant data to navigate client documentation quickly, password management has been spot on with little to no issues. Recently learned I can integrate it with customer AD networks and manage account resets from within my own system!

Desvantagens

As of yet, clients cannot access their documentation we record. This is supposed to be coming in the future, however. Also waiting for documentation access in the mobile app, but I can forgive as I know progress doesn't happen overnight.

Kendall P.

Great Product

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This software has been a life saver in terms of saving time and money. I would highly recommend it.

Vantagens

I really like that all my clients information is readily available in 1 place. I don't have to hunt through pages of documentation to find a password, IP address, how to article or anything. All information is laid out in a standard format

Desvantagens

the integration with ConnectWise Automate and Control seems a little delayed. and sometimes doesn't show up at all if the serial number isn't populated in Automate.

Michael M.

Very happy with Passportal

Vantagens

It forced us to develop good habits. We previously documented in the site config section of autotask which was functionally no different than a notepad file. Passportal's structure of templates and linking forces us to put in more information which leads to better notes.

Desvantagens

There are some customization aspects which are still lacking, but are on the roadmap.

Jay A.
Traduzir com Google

Best tool in our arsenal

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We work with dozens of tools and passportal has easily been the most useful one. We have had to call in for technical support twice and both times our issues were handled on the first call.

Vantagens

Our passwords are secure and we have the ability to share those passwords as needed to clients. Password management has always been a nightmare but now it couldn't be easier

Desvantagens

We add our client domains in and have the ability to see expiration dates but there is no way to run a report on all domains to see all expiration in one view.

Chris B.

MSP Password and Security

Avaliado em 20/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall great experience, it helps us achieve some GDPR compliance and audit ability of our customers as well as a central store for documentation

Vantagens

The audit report of known password by user and the ability to change windows password

Desvantagens

The fact that single sign on and ad sync is not an option at the moment

Lucas P.

Passportal

Avaliado em 05/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Even prior to the acquisition, Passportal had excellent customer service and support. Their employees truly stand behind and understand the platform. SolarWinds will only improve that great, baseline technology and continue to give great support.

Vantagens

The functionality and capabilities that are meant for Managed Service Providers are top notch.
Administration, implementation, and set up was simple.
AD and Chrome browser extension integrations were effortless/

Desvantagens

There are some small kinks to still be worked out: some User/Password fields don't populate, a few newly created credentials don't auto-save, some small UI issues with extension

Eddie P.

Using passportal with 500 end users

Vantagens

The great thing about this software is that it seems pretty intuitive, I like the import feature for the passwords it works really really well. It has two factor authentication of course which is a requirement. lastly the windows sink although it took a bit of time to figure out exactly how it worked is extremely nice.

Desvantagens

when we first reviewed this software it looked like the search feature was extremely powerful however after using it for a while it isn't as powerful as I'd like. Secondly there's no way to move items around so if I create an item in one folder I can't move it to the other without doing it one by one there's no mass feature there's also no document import feature which would be nice that being said importing or rather copying and pasting from word or even from a website works extremely well

Tim G.

Great Product

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Using Passportal has enhanced our ability to keep client passwords secure. Since there is documentation as well we are able to keep almost all of our information in Passportal making information more easily accessible.
The ability to use Passportal with Screenconnect has been an added bonus as it makes logging into systems much quicker than before.

Vantagens

The website is very easy to use. The plugins for ScreenConnect and Microsoft Edge work very well and make me and my team more efficient.
The password sync with servers has helped a lot with user support.

Desvantagens

The plugin for Firefox doesn't work very well. The app on the iPhone only has access to passwords and none of the documentation.
At times the server password sync can be buggy but it is easily fixed with a reinstall of the software.
The customization of the documentation is a little lacking but not too bad.

Austin F.
Traduzir com Google

Excitement for future features.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Working with Passportal has been quite positive. The application is fairly intuitive and theirs always someone willing to help.

Vantagens

Passportal makes managing passwords for hundreds of clients simple.

If a question arises, phone support is rarely longer than a 15 minute wait. Support staff is always courteous and wanting to help find the answer best suited for the scenario.

Desvantagens

Features could be more fleshed out such as setting default properties for folders, but this is only a temporary issue since we’ve been informe by Passportal that this will someday roll out to customers.

Tracy W.

Functional with Issues

Avaliado em 07/08/2019

Vantagens

The Search and Password Generator features are convenient and useful. Being able to keep my passwords in a different vault than the company passwords is great. I also like that I can share my username and password info with an individual without have to make it public for the entire company.
Negative issues experienced when we first rolled out Passportal no longer happen and the fact that Passportal has 'fixed' these is considered a big Pro in my books! (IE: Organization Code would not save, credentials would not populate even though the URL matched).
Happy to have a Canadian offering such as this!

Desvantagens

The set up and transition to Passportal was not smooth, which may have been a training or implementation issue, but it was frustrating out of the gate due to issues that now do not seem to happen (see Pro comments).

7.0/10
Nick R.
Traduzir com Google

Changed the way the business operates.

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The software has enabled our business to organise, check and collate all our clients documentation and credentials in one place. This means our technicians are spending a lot less time searching for information, so overall efficiency for our customers has been greatly improved. Having the ability for our technicians to have their own secure vault for corporate credentials has also improved our overall security.

Vantagens

Access to the portal on any devices at any time.
Portal is well designed and extremely fast to use.
Ability to store credentials and documentation in the same portal is amazing, plus the ability to link documents and credentials in revolutionary for us.

Desvantagens

After using the software for nearly 6 months we have found no issues.

Darcy D.

Must-have tool

Vantagens

The functionality of the product is fantastic, many great features are available right from the browser plugin without having to log into the web portal

Desvantagens

There are a few company-wide reporting features that are noticeably lacking.

Troy H.

Great little password tool

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Positive, makes password management fairly easy.

Vantagens

Our company started using passportal this last year, and it is much more user friendly than alternatives we have tried. Highly recommended!

Desvantagens

Browser extension at time was not great, however the company has released a new one that works great.

Thomas K.

Passportal Feedback

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

So many users complained about having to use a password manager. Once we got them setup and some basic training they quickly realized the value and are now advocating password management to clients, friends and family.

Vantagens

The peace of mind you get after you've changed all of your online access to use highly complex and unique passwords, but only have to remember 1.

Desvantagens

Chrome Add-In: When entering search I have to tab 4 times to launch site. I don't like being forced to the mouse. Would be better if I could just hit enter after entering search and a match is found.

Tom S.

Password management for MSPs

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Before passportal credentials were saved in plain text, this was obviously a huge security concern which passportal has helped us to fix. Overall very happy with the solution ad I think we made the right choice.

Vantagens

I reviewed lots of different options and Passportal was the only solution that perfectly fitted the needs of us an MSP. Having a personal vault, company vault and then client vaults is exactly what we needed. Setup was also the easiest of all the solutions I looked at the support has been very good.

Desvantagens

They don't offer a free trial but instead a money back guarantee, unfortunately that just made it more difficult to evaluate the product because I had to go through all the relevant finance paperwork to get the cost signed off.

It's not possible to export just a single clients data without also having "Docs"

Have an infrequent error where the "save" button doesn't do anything.

Jason C.
Traduzir com Google

Good service, solid features, questionable overall business tactics

Avaliado em 01/08/2019

Vantagens

It's easy to use, secure and seems to get regular development.

Desvantagens

No cons about the software itself, the company (Solarwinds) is questionable at this point though. Since SolarWinds purchased PassPortal the cost for add-on licenses has more than doubled. We were made aware of this coming change by our rep through the course of a random conversation, not via any formal customer notification. Our rep said we would be grandfathered in at the old pricing level, but that does not appear to be the case. Shady... very shady.

7.0/10
Graham C.

Great Product, Serious Implementation Issues

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It's a good tool, but the configuration is taking way to long

Vantagens

The product is solid. Its password management feature puts it ahead of other documentation platforms. But...

Desvantagens

Transitioning from IT Glue has been nearly impossible. I was told we'd be able to export all our data from IT Glue, and import into PassPortal via a basic .zip file, but it wasn't that simple. First, and most importantly, not one password was successfully imported from IT Glue to PP. Zero. The same with documents and articles. So effectively, all of the useful information that can't just be grabbed by integrating with our PSA/RMM tools was not imported.

I've been told fixes are coming, but it's been weeks and nothing. I have been manually moving password over using the import template, which generally works, but it is time-consuming and one of the appealing features was the import process. Now I have some passwords for some clients, plus some articles and documents, but nothing consistent.

And support has not been particularly helpful. They keep saying fixes are coming and not following up, and ultimately I need some kind of resolution here.

I very much hope I can do the bulk import soon because it's been almost two months and I am still using two products.

5.0/10
Arthur B.
Traduzir com Google

Passportal essential in today's password reality

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Using better passwords makes us more secure and sharing passwords between co-workers is now a breeze. The support team is fabulous.

Vantagens

I simply does what it is supposed to do without any unnecessary complexity.

Desvantagens

We found a glitch with one web site that would not allow login with the product. We simply use another browser until it is sorted out. The other thing is not really a con; I have to change all my weak passwords now and enter them into Passportal to keep things more secure. Not a terrible thing by any means.

Stefan J.

Great password soulution

Vantagens

Nice mobile app, great audit reports, the password AD sync helps alot for service accounts.

Desvantagens

Right now I cant see any cons in the way we use it.

Michael P.
Traduzir com Google

Great password management at an affordable price!

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Exceutive from Passportal was very professional, but very compassionate about her salespitch.
Not once did she make us feel like we was foolish for asking a question that would probably seem obvious.

The product was pointed out very well, both its pros & cons where explained well and we felt we could trust the advice that was given.

Vantagens

Its one of the fastest password management tools to get what you need quickly, in & out with full auditing and permissions on every aspect.

It has helped our management of not only our internal passwords but our clients also.

Desvantagens

The setting up of the clients with the SITE addon was a bit tedious.
Having to spend 30 minutes with each client you want to have use of Passportal will get tedius.

Monika L.

Inspire Digital feedback

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

There was no way to contact Passportal providers before. I am hoping this will be omproved as I have worked pretty much blind with that for past 6 months.

The search bar!
Ease in password inputting and folder creation.

Desvantagens

I am the one who set it up, the settings do not adhere to permission, the wording is different therefore it is extremely hard to set it up with accurate access. Also there are 3 thresholds of settings and all must be compatible to work accurately. The access, the used and the permission.

6.0/10
Troy T.

Advance using Passportal

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The experience with the product has been greatly received from our Team and we are seeing a lot more efficiently within the team as they can go to a client, find the required information and get the job done. Also with the integration of Solarinds RMM our team are spending more time in Passportal and less in RMM because everything can be accessed from one location.

Vantagens

When we first saw the demo we were really impressed about the Password management capabilities and what it had to offer. Then once we got passed that we saw the real benefit of the product and that was the documentation side of thing the product had as well as the integration with Solarwinds RMM.

Desvantagens

The only con we have found at the moment is the ability to have a default location to store articles and then link them to clients that share and use the same application.

Tom G.

Satisfied with PassPortal

Vantagens

The password management and documentation portion of this product is fantastic. It has have a very positive impact on our organization. Allows our technicians to access the data they need in a quick fashion which ultimately provides our clients with a better experience.

Desvantagens

The customer documentation portion. As an organization we have

Brian D.

Great product for MSPs

Avaliado em 01/08/2019

Vantagens

Channel focused and helps us solve the password problems our clients face

Desvantagens

Would like to see 2 factor authentication as a service.