105 avaliações

Sunbird DCIM

Data center management system for mid to large enterprises

4,7 /5 (105 avaliações) Escreva uma avaliação!

• Recursos
dos usuários recomendam este app
105 avaliações
Anders B.
  • Setor: Autoridades policiais

Why I chose Sunbird DCIM

Avaliado em 11/11/2019

Vantagens

I like it because of its ease of use, good features, great support and help if needed. Easy to update and are frequently updated.

Desvantagens

Most of the problems I had is mostly on my side, i.e I am not familiar with terms, technical lingo and mindset. So when for instance filling in information is a bit tedious but it is getting easier.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the positive review. We plan to have our European user group meeting in April. We also offer free weekly training every Wednesday. See support portal for more details and recordings of all previous trainings.

Grigory Y.
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de um ano

Best DCIM solution

Avaliado em 02/03/2020

I'd like to note SunBird support team as fatest to reply on request and with quick solution.

Vantagens

Having tried to work with top five DCIM products I consider SunBird the best DCIM product on the market. It is easyest to adopt to and covers the most of DataCenter manager's tasks. Great functionality and large user group helps a lot to solve problems, which are impossible to solve in other products, like subfloor or above rack equipment placement.

Desvantagens

Monitoring functionality needs further work. I'd put a ModBus software gateway in my wishlist.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the positive feedback and the wish-list item.

Rob C.
  • Setor: Segurança de rede e informática
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Standardisation with easy implementation and first class support

Avaliado em 31/03/2021

As expected and since engagement has been first class support. Knowledgeable about their product and always able to assist.

Vantagens

Easy to setup and intuitive, readily available support and training materials can help you progress your initial stages quickly. Support available and the 1-2-1 sessions have been invaluable. Quickly able to see results and how it integrates in to your environment.

Desvantagens

At the moment there isn't anything - it is exactly as I expected and researched

Torsten W.
  • Setor: Bancos
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

PowerIQ is admin's best friend, dcTrack is best to comfort revisors and auditors

Avaliado em 03/12/2020

(x) Support is over-average
(x) new releases have a high quality, we always wait a few month until implementing a new release and in the last two years we never had an issue after a release upgrade

Vantagens

New hardware devices are ready be monitored in seconds. Management of hundreds of hardware devices such PDUs and sensors lost it's complexity. PowerIQ superseded our Nagios Installation for all hardware-related devices. It becomes more and more our primary trap host.

Desvantagens

Compared to PowerIQ setup of dcTrack is complex. Integration of PowerIQ an dcTrack could be easier to use. (License) Price for integration of USVs into PowerIQ is definitely to high, as a result we do not monitore our several USVs via PowerIQ

Ronny S.
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Easy to deploy Monitoring Solution

Avaliado em 29/03/2021

Vantagens

The solution is very easy to deploy and to configure thanks to the Excel/CSV Import feature. I had the software up and running within a day.
The user interface is easy to use and I especially like the easy-to-build dashboards.

Desvantagens

Unfortunately the reporting is very limited and could be improved a lot. There are only a few pre-installed reports
Also I would love to see PowerIQ acting as a NTP Server for the monitored facility items which is currently not supported.

Mary carl martin D.

Lack of Documentation

Avaliado em 28/11/2019

We use it as our monitoring tool and Sunbird is good compared to other monitoring apps./

Easy to use and synchronized with out UPS and PDUs

Desvantagens

Lack of documentation on the application itself.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will reach out to you on the documentation and free training.

Mark W.
  • Setor: Rádio e televisão

My Sunbird DCIM Review

Avaliado em 03/11/2020

Vantagens

I have been working with Sunbird Products for many years. Started with PowerIQ 11 years ago and recently migrated from Aperture to dcTrack.

Starting with PowerIQ I have to say I love the Buffered Data Retrieval feature that provides a min, avg and max reading from a timestamp sample you define. This has proven to be very useful data.

PowerIQ also has a Sensors Tab that I'm happy to say I submitted the NFR for. This tab allows users to easily manage their Temperature Sensors, providing the ability to utilize Global or Local Thresholds. Recently the addition of Inlets and Circuit Breakers have been added to this Tab.

dcTrack has a lot of great features but the best feature by far is the Auto Power Budget Feature. This too I worked with Sunbird to create. It provides Deployment and Facilities Engineers with a Potential Power Load that is based off of Trend Policies defined by the Users. In my opinion it provides the most realistic power consumption from your devices on the Market. If you have not seen this in action you should contact Sunbird for a Demonstration right away.

As it pertains to Support, Sunbird is remarkable! They respond to all Tickets in a timely manner and work hard to resolve them.

Desvantagens

With all the great features Sunbird provides, the one thing I have an issue with is all the bugs we find after a new version is released. Although they are quick to resolve them there are far too many. I would like to see them beef up their Quality Assurance Program.

David T.
  • Setor: Imobiliárias

Customer Support Request Turnaround

Avaliado em 06/08/2020

It has been a great tool for my staff here in our Data Canter and something our internal IT customers have come to rely on when it comes to its great IT device reporting features.

Vantagens

Its robust features, clear details on devices listed and quick support from Sunbird when needed

Desvantagens

If any complaint is that it may be too much with features for what I use it here within our Data Center.

But this is not a complaint i would not take any higher than myself here.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Luis G.

Sunbird - Great Product, Great Tool

Avaliado em 28/08/2020

Vantagens

The most impactful feature we use daily is the Visualization feature. We can just drop in on any specific rack and in a second know if we would be able to commission anymore IT equipment for future projects. The ease of use of Sunbird is very straight forward with the multiple tabs that make our data very transparent and available. Integration of Sunbird with our existing business processes was seamless and everyone on my team was up and running within minutes of using Sunbird.

Desvantagens

One feature I would like to see improvement on is the "Is Empty" rule added to the Serial Number column and also have the Serial Number field flag us when we are inputting a duplicate Serial Number.

Mihail U.
  • Setor: Rede de computadores
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

Believe in your strenghts

Avaliado em 01/11/2019

Quite fast response from Support Team, always kind and a vast knowledge with lots of step-by-step help guides.

Multiple troubleshooting options
etc

Vantagens

Good tool to monitor all equipment
easy to use
lots of admin/network options

Desvantagens

needs more bulk update of devices, eg: Change Timezone or Time on all PDU's , or Connect all PDU's to NTP server by a bulk option.
etc

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the positive review. Have you tried out PDU bluk configuration clone feature? That will all you to set the NTP server and time on all you PDUs. This is a link to a video on how to use this feature. https://support.sunbirddcim.com/support/solutions/articles/24000046504-power-iq-7-0-how-to-restore-and-clone-raritan-and-server-tech-device-configurations

Tony S.
  • Setor: Administração pública

Great 1st Echelon Support

Avaliado em 28/06/2019

Vantagens

dcTrack, along with powerIQ provides in-depth health-concern data for your data centers, at a glance. I dont' have enough characters here to list everything I like about this software. I'll sum it up like this, all of the questions/requirements you may have for your system, that start with, "can I do ______ with this system?", the answer is yes. Some features are harder than others to get setup. Power connectivity, for instance, takes into account your building's entire power chain. From the building UPS, up to your rack PDU's, utilizing any available management information those devices will offer up. Unless you know a lot about industrial power (I do not) then it could be a difficult feature to get working. That being said I was able to get things up and running with a Sunbird support staff who are not just extremely knowledgeable of their applications, but have expertise in every facet of every infrastructure area that the system supports.

The applications are also visually stunning that they are easy sells to management and are "no-brianers" to justify for purchase.

Desvantagens

My biggest complaint about the software is a development paradigm of dictating what can be done or not in the system, even if you may feel like you should be able to proceed with an operation. An example of this is that the system, when implemented as deigned will not allow you to make a network connection between a SFP port of a switch and a copper NIC. This, even though these connections are possible using copper GBIC's. There is a workaround for this, of making all of your different port-types to "twisted-pair" which constitutes a minor inconvenience.

The important thing is that the Sunbird Support staff have always come up with a work around for the particular incompatibilities in our environment, of which there have not been many.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Tony - thank you for the positive feedback and great insight. Look forward to seeing you at our next san jose user group.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

dcTrack Your do it all DCIM tool.

Avaliado em 01/04/2019

Utilizing Sunbirds DCIM Tool dcTrack has made me more efficient at my job and helping the teams that use it work more efficiently as well. dcTrack has become our Gold Copy so to speak with regard to tracking our assets. It helps the Operations team find devices quickly, without having to look in multiple places for where assets should be. Sunbird has created a do it all tool that works, it does what it says it will do and the level of support you get with it is first rate. I can use my DCIM tool to help keep track of network ports, and empty cabinet space and run power reports.... the uses and possibilities are endless.

Vantagens

The Visualization of my datacenter floor. i find myself in it all day going cabinet to cabinet. This portion of the tool gives you 3d CAD rendering of your datacenter that you can quickly click on a cabinet and take you to the device you are looking for. This feature also is very useful is seeing cabinet temps, power usage when paired with smart PDU's oh and one of my all time favorite features in this Visualization feature is the ability to measure out cable. You can click on measure in the menu and then click a point on your datacenter map then trace out where your cable will run and go point to point. It gives you an accurate distance so you know which cable lengths you will be using. Just one of the many various useful elements of dcTrack.

Desvantagens

I do not have many issues or complaints with regard to dcTrack. The issues I do come across tend to be buggy new release issues that once called into the Sunbird Support Team, it's handled and rectified quickly. For example there was an issue with having to load up Adobe Flash when opening a certain tab in the software. The issue was isolated to this one tab and only when using Chrome did it come up. The Sunbird team was quick to correct this and on the next software update release, it was addressed.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the detailed positive feedback. dcTrack is now flash free with release 7.0. Customer's have given us very positive feedback on our new modern elegant HTML 5 Flash free GUI. It also includes user option to use in light or dark mode. Dark mode looks really cool.

Markus H.
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

dcTrack and PowerIQ are amazing tools to help you keep track of what's going on

Avaliado em 11/10/2019

The possibilities with these tools are almost limitless.
I haven't discovered anything we would miss at work yet.
You can build custom dashboards, DC rooms in 3D, rack overviews, power- and data-connections and more so that everyone can get an insight without being in the room.
For the operation of a data center a DCIM software solution is absolutely necessary. The tasks today are very varied and it is easy to lose track.
With dcTrack you can get the overview back. Of course there is a lot of work behind it but you should start with the work. There won't be a 100% solution but if you know what you want and take the first step, you will see that it goes forward.

Vantagens

The support is great and you always get help and solutions for problems.
The insertion of racks, devices, PDUs and connections is possible by bulk import and therefore fast and clear.
You can create different roles for each user and assign rights for each user.
You can plan very well in advance and then display it virtually as it might look.
Work orders can also be created and documented.
I have already taken part on a user group meetings where wishes, problems, user questions are answered and solutions are sought. One is kept up to date about new developments and there is user training on demand.

Desvantagens

There aren't really any disadvantages with these tools, just the complexity that exists, let you sometimes ask what you do first and what can waiting for.
You should make sure that all users are involved in different tasks.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our development team is highly motivated to provide you elegant software that makes it easier for you to perform your daily work.

Greg B.
  • Setor: Seguros
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Sunbird dcTracks/PowerIQ: Great products and ease of use with excellent support

Avaliado em 07/01/2019

The overall experience has been great. In many implementations with software and other DCIM providers this has by far been the best experience we have had. The support is quick and direct, usually solving issues and answering questions on the first contact and typically in the same day. The team members providing instruction in remote sessions were knowledgeable and took the time to make sure we understood the functionality and how to repeat it. The product is great and fits all of our requirements; where there was not a direct process for an integration with other tools, the Sunbird team was quick to assist. The Sunbird software is easy to use, integrates with other products easily and the GUI is very clean. After demonstrations and comparison to 6 other competitors, Sunbird products stood out well above the rest.

Vantagens

What we like most about Sunbird's DCIM solution is the integration between dcTracks and PowerIQ along with the great features, detailed user interface and ease of use. The software is setup in a way that is very intuitive to use and just as easy to implement from image to production use. The implementation/proof of concept team was great to work with. The weekly sessions made sure we were able to achieve all our requirements and not only assisted in setting up the software but showed the team how accomplish the tasks on our own so that we could replicate and update our data as needed.

Desvantagens

At this point there is not much that we dislike about the software. It contains all the features and ease of use we expected; and more. We would like an additional feature for integration with server cabinet door locks to see the status; if they were open/closed and who accessed the rack based on badge. The way the integration currently works is to send an alert when triggered but doesn't fully meet what we would like to accomplish.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the 5 start review. Customer success is our top priority. Feedback from customer's like you have greatly helped us in designing our 2nd Gen DCIM solution.

Tylerk K.
  • Setor: Gestão da educação

Sunbird DCIM

Avaliado em 20/06/2016

My overall experience has been good. I like the direction the software is heading by moving more features and functionality to the web client and away from classic view. I really like sort and filter functionality as well as the import / export feature that can be used with Microsoft Excel. A built-in models library is very helpful and has saved us a bunch of time.

Vantagens

Import / export functionality along with the sort and filter. When setting up the power infrastructure, I like that it is a physical representation of the plugs to outlet in that a L22-30P needs to be plugged into an L22-30R and that the software understands that a different plug or receptacle wouldn't physically plug in. There are numerous checks and balances like this that are helpful.

Desvantagens

The separation of features between the web client and classic view. It can also be confusing to understand what features are in PowerIQ opposed to DcTrack. Making them better integrated would be helpful. It would be nice if the models library updates were more proactive vs reactive. For example, when Dell released their Rx30 lineup, it would be nice to have the R330, R430, R530, etc.. automatically added without having to put in a request since Dell is such a big player in this field. I understand it can't be done for every make / model but for the big manufacturers core lineup that would help. Software doesn't natively work with Chrome, the use of extensions doesn't always work properly.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to now offer a modern and elegant web browser based GUI. We even allow uses to select between light and dark mode.

Grzegorz S.
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The future might be blinding bright for Sunbird if they play their cards right.

Avaliado em 28/06/2019

We have not achieved production functionality yet but overall great!

Vantagens

Features, ease of deployment with some reservations to importing assets and setting up a db, overall look and feel, automation, precision and wide scope of functionality.

Desvantagens

The process of getting your existing assets in is quite gruelling if you are not using Service Now as your asset management system. Collating and matching data to dcTracks standards is very challenging for the project team. We are going to use your turn key service to ease the process.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our vision is to help you automate via integration. But data correlation can be a challenge. I will follow-up with you to discuss as we are always in search of ideas to make this super easy.

Todd L.
  • Setor: Fabricação de alimentos

Sunbird PowerIQ

Avaliado em 28/02/2020

Sunbird has been great to deal with. From sales to their help desk they are the best in the business with communicating with their customers. I have never had a better experience with any other company from a help desk / support perspective. Literally five minutes after I place a ticket I get someone who is located in the States and has a high level understanding of the product able to help me. I couldn't ask for better support.

Vantagens

When purchasing a DCIM tool we felt that PowerIQ gave us the ability to accomplish everything it was that we needed to do. This tool has provided us with such visibility into our data center environments wherever they may be. We felt this was the best tool on the market for the price with what are needs were.

Desvantagens

As of right now I have found nothing that I don't like about the product.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the positive feedback. Hershey bar with almonds is my favorite!

Rob H.
  • Setor: Telecomunicações

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Great tool for place and power planning, documentation of assets, data and power connections

Avaliado em 28/04/2018

Use it daily to document Data Center Power. Previously used it to document Data Center cabinets, assets, data and power connections, structured cabling. It is our source of truth for what's in the Data Centers and monitoring tool for temperature issues

Vantagens

dcTrack is easy to use in that setting it up to model a data center follows the physical process of actually setting up a data center. Using it to maintain documentation of assets' placement, data and power connections is easy and logical. It also provides for great monitoring of power utilization and temperature/humidity with its integration with Power IQ. And the customer support is excellent! You are treated like a partner.

Desvantagens

dcTrack is mostly web-based but part of the functionality remains in an application called Classic View. This functionality is being migrated piece by piece, and a lot of it is accessible now from the web client. We look forward to the day when we no longer need to use Classic View as it is quite slow and it cannot be re-sized to see all of it at once without scrolling.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to now offer a modern and elegant web based GUI. We even allow uses to select between light and dark mode.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

Caretech Solutions Inc.

Avaliado em 30/11/2018

As a remote datacenter manager, it is invaluable to have a visual readout of our assets, and easily be able to determine and display capacity. As a Shared Services provider, we can easily demonstrate to existing customers where their racks are located, how populated they are, etc. This is also useful in sales initiatives; having a 3-D graph of racks with available capacity (one of the vendor-provided reports) makes the salesman's job easier.

Vantagens

I like the fact that it can be as high-level, or granulated as you like. I initially started with "where are my racks and what's in them" usage, easily generating 3-d visuals, and exporting .csv and .pdf reports. Using the built-in import and export tools, I've been able to add entries for power whips (and associate them with racks), and populate chassis with individual blades. Next steps will be to update network information for devices, again, with the easy import tools.

Desvantagens

The models library sometimes lacks the specific Make, Model, etc. of a device I'm adding, so I'll have to use a similar one, or define a generic one. Sunbird has a mechanism to submit model addition requests.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Lars L.
  • Setor: Atacadistas

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

An awsome toolbox created by awsome people

Avaliado em 01/10/2018

Hard to get started in this tool but when you have the clue it is fantastic.
BUT every manager who decides to have this tool should have in mind that this tool needs People and time to get it started and when it has started you may be Need a bit more time to Keep it running.
We have learned so much concerning our own workflows in our datacenters and
in my eyes it works great and I wouldn't change it for another DCIM tool, anyway.
It worth every second and every cent we have spent on it and are still doing.

Vantagens

The deeper you dive into the dcTrack universe the bigger it seems to grow.
If you have internalised your own processes, this tool is indispensable for the administration of your own datacenters and each Piece of hardware built-in there.

Desvantagens

Sometime I wish the tool could be cut down to our specific Needs but then we would have to ask ourselves what these needs are.
The complexity of the tool, which is of course just an image of reality, sometimes makes it difficult to start with it.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your positive feedback. We provide free weekly training every Wednesday. See our support portal https://www.sunbirddcim.com/dcim-technical-support to sign up and to view video records of prior training sessions.

Bruce H.
  • Setor: Software

Sunbird DCIM review-TMW

Avaliado em 30/11/2018

Overall experience in working with Sunbird has been excellent. The support teams are always responsive and your first line of defense seems to have easy access to next level engineers which is rare to see however is a huge plus to us when we have problems to deal with. In some cases however, the first level of support clearly does not know a portion of the product and the case needs to be immediately dumped to engineers. Case in point is the rollout of VM Manager integration in version 6.x. As soon as it came out, we started using it and immediately ran into problems of which first level support had not even seen the new enhancement.

Vantagens

Ease of workflow. Simple and intuitive and my team has been able to quickly pickup the process of using it with little direction. We appreciate Sunbird taking responsibility for maintaining a catalog of assets. We love the 3D visualization aspect and that we can spin the cabinet around and isolate cabinets.

Desvantagens

The visualization maps are really rough to look at and often look like a high school drafting project from the 80's. I can create beautiful looking maps in Visio but importing them from Visio to a cad file, then importing them into dcTrack looks like garbage. Even using straight cad files could use improvement.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your positive feedback. We have enhanced our internal new release training for our support team.

Justin E.
  • Setor: Telecomunicações

Justin Erdmann Comcast

Avaliado em 17/06/2016

DC Track has been an interesting Journey, Starting out some of the features that were discussed in the first demonstration did not seem to work as advertised but over time the software support has been awesome and the tool is coming a long way. It now can do a lot of the tasks that I need it too.

Vantagens

DC Track makes it very easy to search a lot of different ways and does not allow the typical typos or duplicates that you get when using Excel. It has not been 100% but light years better than Excel

Desvantagens

The time it takes to use the tool as a stand alone software. A lot of guys are still using Excel and importing into the tool. This makes common input errors a norm.

Resposta do Sunbird Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your positive feedback. We provide free weekly training every Wednesday. See our support portal https://www.sunbirddcim.com/dcim-technical-support to sign up and to view video recordings of prior training sessions.

Mike C.
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

Fantastic DCIM Application

Avaliado em 16/10/2020

From the purchase to implementation to use, the entire ride has been easy and fun to learn.

Vantagens

Ease of deployment and use; visuals are very useful

Desvantagens

Limited customizable reporting, although the support team will help create additional reports if needed.

Joseph K.
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde

A true partner in Sunbird

Avaliado em 17/06/2016

We have found a true partner with the team at Sunbird. They are there to listen, investigate, and offer advice and solutions to any questions we have. The product is flexible enough to adapt to what you need it to do while offering a solid structure to build on.

Vantagens

Sunbird listens to all of there customers and then plans and implements the feature requests that provide the most improvement in a timely manner. The support team is attentive and works to both understand the underlining issue and providing work around and long term solution.

Desvantagens

The team is still working to eliminate the thick client. It isn't hard to use the thick client, but a little inconvenient to have to switch between thin and think. However you don't have to use it too often.

Dave D.
  • Setor: Entretenimento

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Deploying devices is so much easier to preform with 100% accuracy.

Avaliado em 15/06/2017

It organizes and centralizes information and it greatly aids in MACD

Vantagens

The many visualizations such as device, cabinet and floor plan (including 3D) are quite valuable to me. With the cabinet views, I can 'see' the best areas to place equipment within a cabinet without the need to be physically on site. Device views allows me to 'show' Installers where exactly the various device ports are located so they connect data cables correctly. The floor plan allows me to estimate distances so I can order cables of proper length. All of these views are invaluable to me since I support remote data centers.

Desvantagens

That I still need to access Classic View to preform some functions. To be able to access data panel port information from the GUI is great and I cannot wait for functions like Lists and Connectors are moved there too.