Shopify POS

POS for unifying in-store & online sales

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app

86 avaliações

Kaden B.

Revolutionized My Business

Avaliado em 21/09/2019

Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Vantagens

I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Desvantagens

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

Maile U.
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos

Mostly good

Avaliado em 09/02/2021

Despite the minor flaws, I still use Shopify POS because it is the easiest POS solution for my business. The pricing is fine as well.

Vantagens

The Shopify POS is linked to my product list, which makes it easy to select which product(s) shoppers are buying.

Desvantagens

It was hard to set a temporary sales tax. I live in Oregon where we don't have a sales tax, but sometimes travel to other states for conventions or shows. While at the show I need a way to set a location-based temporary sales tax and at the same time allow my online customers to check out without any sales tax. That was surprisingly hard to do last time I used Shopify POS. It's possible the problem has been fixed by now... I haven't used it since before the pandemic started.

Dan M.
  • Setor: Educação superior
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Incredible versatility at a very reasonable cost

Avaliado em 23/08/2021

Shopify POS makes selling items in-person a total breeze. Barcodes can be scanned with the iPad's camera, and integrating either Shopify payments or third-party credit card systems are very easy. Plus, receipts can be printed, e-mailed, or texted

Vantagens

The ease with which one can customize the buttons (discounts, etc.), product selection, adding multiple products to an order, the ease with which one can accept payment methods (cash, cc, or third party payment), and the ability to take the system anywhere where there is an internet connection (i.e. mobile).

Desvantagens

The fact that you cannot use any bluetooth hand scanner with the system (there's only one and it's very expensive).

Diana K.
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Having a tough time getting it to work

Avaliado em 25/05/2021

Once I can get it all set up and functional I think I'll be really happy, but so far I'm struggling with implementation.

Vantagens

I really like that the POS integrates with my website and I can't oversell anything. I like that it's the same company as my website and I don't have to manage multiple interfaces.

Desvantagens

I have had nothing but issues with the hardware and multiple chats with customer service to try and resolve. I also really don't like the new interface. There is so much additional clicking around to finish a sale, it's awful.

Jessi F.
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

It works okay but not great

Avaliado em 24/06/2021

It does the job, but I think Square is overall better.

Vantagens

I like that it integrates with Shopify. The card readers are high quality. The app interface is okay.

Desvantagens

The app is different on iPad versus iPhone. The iPad version is way better, but we do mostly outdoor events, so we use phones and it's a bummer.

Megan B.
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

Highly recommend

Avaliado em 09/02/2021

Overall, I would refer any in person sellers to this software.

Vantagens

I love this software because it is so easy to deploy and operate. Also the way that the hands held card reader is shaped is very nice. The software itself integrates smoothly with my Shopify store, and it runs perfectly.

Desvantagens

There is not anything I would change about this software as of right now. It works great and integrates well.

Alternativas consideradas

Square Point of Sale

Razões para mudar para o Shopify POS

It integrated with my store and the handheld scanner was free.
Kelly M.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Not a fan of the app update

Avaliado em 02/12/2020

The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Vantagens

Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Desvantagens

I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

Clifton G.
  • Setor: Esportes

Shopify - great solution for our Yoga Studio

Avaliado em 15/06/2021

It was a GREAT experience for all. The Local vendor could monitor all sales easily.

Vantagens

We partnered with a local vendor to sell retail items at our Yoga Studio. This option enabled us to carry a larger selection of items without having to manage or pay for the inventory. Shopify enable us to handle the POS plus the inventory management. It's ability to show images and bar codes made training the Front Desk staff simple.

Desvantagens

It was another software solution for our Front Desk staff.... BUT it reduced our losses in Retail,,, actually we made money in Retail with out the costs.

Antonio D.
  • Setor: E-Learning

very good POS

Avaliado em 28/07/2021

Vantagens

this is your best friend if you have an e-commerce and retail. con can do all in one place.

Desvantagens

nothing, just love the ways how you can manage your store here.

Kimberly F.
  • Setor: Fotografia

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Shopify POS is a must have!

Avaliado em 23/06/2021

Vantagens

I like that Shopify has a POS system allowing me to sell offline as well.

Desvantagens

I really can't say there is anything I dislike about this software.

Stephanie M.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items

Avaliado em 26/06/2018

Vantagens

When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot.

Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Desvantagens

While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for.

Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Shopify is by far the best shopping cart I've every used, and the POS is no exception.

Avaliado em 06/12/2017

It's constantly saving us money. With Shopify POS we don't have to spend anything extra for the POS support that connects into our existing shopping cart.

Vantagens

VALUE. Shopify allowed us to have a free developer account to test and work through our hesitations before paying a penny for the cart. The POS system comes with the cart for free, it works flawlessly on any apple device, I haven't tried the android offering, but I'm sure it's great as well. The account comes with multiple logins for managing employees with specified permissions for keeping eyes and fingers out of places they shouldn't be. And to top it all off it has a fantastic API connection that allows us to connect it to our Fishbowl Inventory Management system, which brings in the orders from both cart and POS and sorts the inventory out, handles the shipping with shipstation, posts back tracking and fulfills the orders in shopify and all the while capturing all the financial data in QB. I could seriously fire multiple employees for all the time and work this automation is doing for me.

Desvantagens

If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.

Jessica C.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

love centralizing my POS and website together!

Avaliado em 04/06/2018

got us more sales!~

Vantagens

I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints
but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go!
love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier!
the fees are decent.

Desvantagens

I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con .
no complaints as of yet

Scotty H.

Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen

Avaliado em 03/12/2019

My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Vantagens

What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Desvantagens

The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

Brenda C.

Avaliado em 19/04/2018

Vantagens

I like that Shopify POS is integrated with our Shopify website. If we sell something in store, it deducts it from our inventory online, which is very convenient. I don't have to worry about inventory being off.

Desvantagens

The thing I like the least about Shopify POS is that when I issue store credit to a customer, there is no way in the system to know who the store credit was issued to in the future. In other words, you have to keep track of it yourself.

Jonathan K.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Needs some work to become a full featured POS system

Avaliado em 21/10/2018

Vantagens

Relatively easy to set up with recommended hardware for not a ton of money. Runs off an iPad and supports multiple users and cash management. Isn't like a lot of the antiquated POS systems out there

Desvantagens

Checkout flow can be slow which is difficult when there is a long line. Wish it were better at handling exchanges and returns. Would require us to go to the web version of Shopify to get full access to order controls.

Daniel P.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos

Fantastic POS Software

Avaliado em 15/05/2019

Vantagens

I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Desvantagens

This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

Alternativas consideradas

Square for Retail
Lorie T.

4 year user

Avaliado em 09/10/2018

I have loved using Shopify pos

Vantagens

Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Desvantagens

Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence

Avaliado em 02/03/2019

Vantagens

I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Desvantagens

I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

Lidia C.

Great Option for Our Business

Avaliado em 13/03/2020

Vantagens

Shopify POS is our main POS system for a large retail space. Easy to use and train all staff. Easy to integrate with other systems.

Desvantagens

The Shopify shop is a bit too templated as well as the products. Need quite a few extensions to modify and customize products.

Jessica R.

Great POS system for businesses

Avaliado em 22/04/2021

Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

Vantagens

It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

Desvantagens

I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

Willoughby P.
  • Setor: Serviços ao consumidor

Awesome service for POS

Avaliado em 06/03/2019

Using Shopify POS has made a huge impact overall in our business and customer relations. We can keep much better records and communication with both clients and customers. This makes the service well worth the price and a dire necessity to any business! Try it for one month and you’ll never use another POS system again.

Vantagens

Perfect system for POS! The seamless way of operating make this service a breeze to work with. As an admin you have free range to adjust your stock and service ms and much more! This ability to customize the POS system is my favorite part about Shopify.

Desvantagens

You are limited in the free trial to what you can test. It is worth purchasing the service because without buying in, you cannot customize your system.

Jennifer J.
  • Setor: Museus e instituições
  • Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Shopify POS with Mobile Pay Options.

Avaliado em 07/01/2020

It's easy to train our volunteers to use and troubleshoot. We use both the little white Shopify dip and swipe reader and the sturdier-looking black tap dip and swipe reader and have no trouble with either. Set up is easy and payments are are recorded as received on different readers, making it easier to sort the source of sales, if not the item.

Vantagens

Easy to set up and define products for sale at a physical store. Located on a 55 acre site, we need it about once a month in multiple locations simultaneously, so it wouldn't necessarily pay to set up connected accounts. We need it to use mobile credit card readers over wi-fi and without a dedicated phone or i-pad with a SIM card. We bought 2 refurbished ipads, 2 kinds of mobile card readers, extended the reach of our wi-fi, and we were ready to go!

Desvantagens

Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through...

Avaliado em 19/03/2018

Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Vantagens

Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Desvantagens

Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

Jonathon G.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 4.0 /10

POS is right

Avaliado em 28/08/2019

Shopify is CREATING business problems, not solving them. Their tax tables are often wrong, meaning that their screwups are effecting our profits.

Vantagens

It is relatively simple to train someone on, and then to use.

Desvantagens

The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates. This means either we could shut down until they fixed it - which took a week - or we could charge everyone less tax than we needed to collect . . . and then pay to the municipality. Shopify couldn't care less that they had screwed this up.