16 avaliações

Kandji

Apple device management (MDM) for macOS, iOS, iPadOS, tvOS

5 /5 (16 avaliações) Escreva uma avaliação!
Classificação geral
Setor: Software
Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários

Simpliest and most effecient MDM for Apple Device Management

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We needed to simplify management of Apple devices. We needed an MDM that is effective and simple and didn't require hours upon hours of training to use. Kandji delivered on all points and their support is in a league of their own. Having an MDM that is easy to administer and works as expected takes all the pressure off of wondering if our Apple devices are configured and secured. To be completely honest, the peace of mind gained from using Kandji completely negates any cons I have and makes me infinitely & joyfully patient for the improvements in those areas.

Vantagens

The auto-app library makes app installation very simple. Custom apps are easy to set up and deploy as you would expect. Their support team is astounding. Their knowledgableable, effective, and quick! Using blueprints to group devices and deploy apps and settings is simple and straightforward.

Desvantagens

Kandji's method of deploying configurations and apps to devices is it's best, and unfortunately the most crippling feature. Blueprints can help organize systems but leads to some frustration when attempting to make a one-off commands. Creating views for your devices doesn't work as expected (although I'm told this is something they are working to improve). Auto-apps require installation if you only want to keep them updated (I'm also told a self-service option is in development that will resolve this).

Chris K.
Traduzido para o Português

A perfect match for our needs

Avaliado em 28/10/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It's been great. The sales process was efficient, and in the few instances where I've needed support, the team have been responsive and have gone out of the way to help.

Vantagens

As a smaller company without a dedicated IT team, Kandji makes managing our fleet of Macs simple. Transitioning from our previous MDM was straightforward and Kandji gives us the advanced features we need. I really like the in-built templates which gives you a configuration which is aligned to specific security standard, which can then be customized as desired. This allowed us to get up and running in less than a day. The software itself also feels modern - this comes across in the user experience and ease of use, especially when compared to other MDM solutions.

Desvantagens

As a relatively new offering, there are some features I wish were present - one example would be being able to assign an application to a single device without having to create an entirely new blueprint. To thier credit the Kandji team have acknowledged this and seem really receptive to feature requests.

Robby B.
Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários

My favorite MDM

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall I have been extremely happy with Kandji and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a premium really solid management solution for Macs and iOS.

Vantagens

Kandji has taken the time to truly rewrite the underlying engine that is running their MDM and management tools, and it's easy to tell when you're using the tool. Utilizing modern development practices and cloud resources, Kandji is extremely fast at pushing out commands that you send from the dashboard, and the Mac client is fast, reliable, and helps enforce policies even when a computer is offline.

Other management systems that I have used extensively have extremely flaky clients on the computer and require that you do all of the work to make scripts to "self-heal" the client. I have never had to do that with Kandji.

The dashboard is really easy to use and allows you to do some incredibly powerful things with minimal training on Kandji itself.

Desvantagens

There are a few minor features that are available in most other MDM's that aren't available in Kandji yet, but for our use cases, they haven't been a very big deal. It is something to be conscious of when looking at the solution, however.

Additionally, in general, I like the "Blueprint" concept of managing devices, but there are some downsides. If we have a computer that needs one application that others don't, for instance, we have to clone the blueprint and move that one computer to a new blueprint. There's no way to apply a setting to only one computer. Then with the additional blueprints, when you want to make a change, you have one more place to remember to do it. I would love if there was a method of applying certain things based on a computer "tag" or something similar to help with one-off situations while still taking advantage of the good parts of blueprint based templates.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 9.0/10

Stephen M.

Kandji is Amazing

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

10/10 would recommend to literally anyone. Every single person that I've interacted with, from Sales, to Execs, to Engineering, and CX Support have been incredibly personable, helpful, and just plain rad people.

Vantagens

The UI is extremely intuitive, and is obviously very UX driven. I've been using it for well over 6 months and have yet to have an issue.

Desvantagens

I literally have zero complaints about Kandji, but if I had to choose something, it would be nice if we could manage the handful of PC's that we have in our org (primarily a Mac shop).

Carl S.

7 minutes from first setup to actual production use

Avaliado em 08/07/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are using Kandji to create a perfect zero touch experience, to simplify support and to make instant changes to configurations. We also plan to use it with iOS devices in future, because it supports iPad for business is such a smooth way, we can’t really wait to try it out. The support and help with the team at Kandji has been an absolute joy. They know and love their product for good (and obvious) reasons. As a life long Apple user, admin and admirer I can say that if Apple did their own MDM, it would look like this.

Vantagens

The setup of Kandji with G Suite defies belief when it comes to ease of use. Importing users took literally seconds with about 220 users. Setting up the Apple MDM certificates with Business Manager is about a few minutes (only limited by internet speed) but the true magic comes in when creating ones first Blueprint. And this is where one grasps the potential of the product as nothing can beat the UI, the speed and the simplicity. I had it up and running so quickly I thought I had forgotten something. This can be handled by first level employees with almost zero experience in the MDM arena. If they can use iTunes, they can use Kandji.

Desvantagens

There honestly is nothing I like least. I am looking forward for them to have an admin client for iOS but again, the website works so well in Safari, it’s not really required.

Henry M.
Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

Kandji - a sensible MDM for a fleet of Mac laptops

Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 31/03/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Kandji has helped simplify our Mac management experience significantly. Previously, we managed Mac set-up by hand, with checklists and regular checkins. It was time-consuming to set up new laptops, and challenging to reliably roll-out changes to settings across the laptop fleet. With Kandji, we no longer have to spend 1-2 hours configuring new laptops to meet our set up specs, and we can be confident that all security policies are set up correctly and enforced in an ongoing way.

Vantagens

1) It was very easy to learn how to use Kandji, as an admin. Our team was familiar with Macs as admins, but we had never used an MDM before - and every MDM we read about seemed complex and focused on companies with a big full-time IT staff. When we started with Kandji, we was able to get our first profile running and deployed in less than an hour. It's been very easy to make custom profiles, get connected to Apple business, and roll out across our fleet of Mac laptops.

2) The support has been outstanding. Both by chat and videoconference, all of our questions from the mundane to the obscure have been answered quickly and clearly. Very friendly people, and very committed to getting to the bottom of any issue.

For clarity, we have not used Kandji yet for mobile devices or user-owned devices.

Desvantagens

When we launched, there was not a way to enforce installation of certain non-App-store apps (e.g., Chrome, Google File Stream). Kandji has now released a way to ensure those apps are installed, which is helpful.

At times, configuration of the blueprints can be confusing. Certain topics are grouped together because that's the way Apple groups them, and it's non-intuitive to more everyday users. Kandji help has always clarified these issues promptly.

Jason G.
Setor: Software

The best Mac management solution

Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 07/07/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have a fleet of 35 Macs used by developers, designers, QA and administrative staff at our custom software development company. My users are very savvy and self-supporting, but we needed to be able to certify to our clients that our endpoints were secure: storage encryption enabled, software up-to-date, and common vectors for attacks closed up. Kandji lets me enforce and monitor those things and many other best practices that save us from downtime, which costs billable hours. Their support has been phenomenal, even going so far as to give me recommendations when I ask about their experiences with antivirus, Wi-Fi management, and the like.

Vantagens

I love their common-sense approach to everything. Their solutions feel less hacky than other providers I tried and they seem to be very in-tune with Apple. They clearly spent a decade or more managing Macs the hard way so they know how to make it easy for me, an operations person who wears many hats.

Desvantagens

I just have one feature request, and that's for Blueprints to be able to inherit from one another. Right now all you can do is copy. They're considering implementing it, which I imagine isn't trivial.

Pax W.
Setor: Gestão da educação

Kandji Rescued Winston Prep From Our Previous MDM

Avaliado em 18/11/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Our relationship with Kandji is great. We are excited to keep working with them into the era of Big Sur and Apple Silicon Macs!

Vantagens

The support is excellent, and the white-glove migration was crucial to us. We were forced to switch from another cloud-based MDM provider during the middle of a pandemic while our fleet of nearly 200 Macs was scattered about the country and no option for in-person support for our users. Kandji's clever approach kept us safely managed until the moment of migration, and 98% of the fleet switched over with no manual intervention.

Desvantagens

There remain some management abilities we'd like to have, but generally those gaps come from gaps in the MDM protocol. Kandji is quick to embrace the latest and offer it quickly, including launch day support for macOS Big Sur.

Ryan D.

Pro Level MDM at a Lower Cost and Administrative Burden

Avaliado em 01/04/2020

Vantagens

Kanji provides pro-level features without the complexity of other solutions. The flexibility they give you by offering robust out of the box functionality as well as the ability to build custom scripts and push out custom applications can't be beaten. They are also pushing out new features at an accelerated rate so it feels like I am adding new rules and apps for my users weekly.

For someone that is not as technical when it comes to writing scripts, their support has also been incredibly helpful. They are more than willing to figure out exactly what you are trying to do and provide insight and help so that you can accomplish your goals.

Desvantagens

The only area for improvement I would say is that the UI does not adapt well if you try to log on to the application from a phone.

Dylan D.
Traduzido para o Português

Apple device management game changer

Avaliado em 30/10/2020

Benefits of our Kandji migration:

Saving time managing our macOS fleet through Kandji's built-in library of apps, automation, workflows, and configurations.

Moving closer to a true zero-touch deployment of our new Apple device endpoints. Decreased device on-boarding time.

Providing a better experience for keeping devices and apps updated for our employees.

Vantagens

Working with the Kandji team, you can tell they are among the best at Apple device management. The level of effort and care the Kandji team puts into deployment and support is setting a new standard.

Security is a front and center focus of the Kandji product. Effortlessly secure your devices and spend less time worrying about your device security. Great end-user experience to manage or enforce updates.

Kandji has a library of apps, automations and workflows that can save any IT team time by not needing to consistently manage, update apps and scripts. This was a big differentiator for me, working on a small team that spends time on more than just device management.

Desvantagens

Recent macOS updates have changed and continue to change the way businesses can manage their macOS devices (looking at you kernel and system extensions). Kandji has the product and team that gives me hope that they can handle any future device management changes Apple may make.

Joseph D.
Traduzido para o Português

Modern Apple device management for security-conscious organizations

Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 01/07/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Being a SaaS product catering to the finance vertical we have strict device management requirements (both internal policies as well as external compliance regulations). Kandji’s library of parameters and compliance templates helped us achieve a high level of security and compliance immediately (without spending months building each policy from scratch).

Vantagens

We switched to Kandji from Jamf (after testing a few other Apple device management solutions on the market) and couldn’t be happier with the results. The interface is intuitive and has allowed us to easily manage a rapidly growing fleet of macOS devices as well as a few iOS/tvOS devices.

One of our favorite features is the parameter library - hundreds of common macOS device controls/policies that you can toggle on or off, saving us countless hours of scripting and remediation.

Kandji has also enabled true zero touch deployment, so we have the ability to drop ship brand new devices to new team members without touching the device or setting it up manually, which is crucial given that much of our team is remote and we are growing quickly.

Desvantagens

It can be challenging to keep up with the pace of change in the Apple ecosystem - for example, each new OS release brings new device management capabilities and security features for us to consider. However, Kandji has been very quick to support these changes; every couple of weeks there is a new product release, a new profile they are supporting, etc.

Nicholas M.

Great MDM

Avaliado em 10/11/2020

Vantagens

This tool was clearly designed from an macOS admin's point of view. Incredible functionality and very easy to use compared to some of the competition. Support is fantastic, and a great solution engineering team to help with any struggles. I've recommended Kandji to many others, and will continue to do so.

Desvantagens

Nothing really. It hit all of my requirements.

Ryan E.
Traduzido para o Português

Great MDM solution for Macs!

Avaliado em 07/07/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, I really like Kandji and would recommend it to companies who need some kind of MDM management. Kandji definitely doesn't have the most features available as competitors, but for the price it's great. I could see a lot of smaller companies using Kandji. As Kandji grows and has more features, they will be a great option for larger companies too.

-Very easy to deploy
-Packed features for the price
-Very affordable way to get started in MDM for compliance, organization & management
-Great customer service
-Lots of things are already automated for you, no custom code needed
-Still have the ability to create custom automation if you please

Desvantagens

-Still a developing software in the making
-Doesn't have as much features as other MDM solutions out there, but this is a great starter and price point
-Would like to see more control options in the future

Probabilidade de recomendação: 9.0/10

Byron H.
Setor: Seguros

Best MDM Tool I have used

Avaliado em 31/03/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Our macOS hands-on management time is near zero now on a daily basis. Kandji takes care of things like maintenance (auto restarts every 7 days and forcing OS updates) and the alerts to Slack help us keep up to date on devices.

Vantagens

Very easy to set up and configure blueprints. Kandji provides a lot more built-in security features than JAMF or others offer which has reduced the time spent by my team and me.

Kandji Support is also top-notch and that alone is reason enough to pick Kandji.

Desvantagens

There are definitely some features missing that I used in JAMF, but nothing that Kandji doesn't have a solution for one way or another. They are always willing to do their best when you need to accomplish a task they do not offer by default.

Doug H.
Setor: Construção

Easy to Use, Powerful Device Management

Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 21/05/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I am in no way an IT professional, but with Kandji that doesn't matter. The options you can use to setup your devices are written plainly for anyone to be able to setup devices to match their needs. If you have a question, you can chat with their team to get it answered. This service really makes device management simple and painless.

Before Kandji, I was managing devices using a spreadsheet and manually installing apps and adding printers. Now I can order a phone or computer straight to the office that needs it, and when they plug it in, Kandji knows what to setup to get them going. I've saved a ton of time using it and I know longer have to worry about bricked iPhones upon employee termination, so it really is a must-have.

Vantagens

The app is elegant in it's design, so much that everything it has to offer is incredibly useful. But If I had to pick one thing to praise the most, it would be the ability set restrictions on software versions. I can make sure all of the devices in our company are running the latest versions of software we use every day. And its easy to setup, too!

Desvantagens

This is difficult for me, because the team behind Kandji really put a lot of thought into their product. There's nothing I've found to be lacking or missing. We do have a few Android and Windows devices that we have to manage separately, and it would be very helpful if Kandji could be a one-stop shop for everyhting; but this isn't in the scope of their service and I knew that going in.

Cj R.
Setor: Segurança e investigações

Manage securely with ease

Avaliado em 02/04/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Very satisfied with Kandji.

Vantagens

Easy to use, easy to implement and no conflicts with other already installed software

Desvantagens

Could use more integrations with other products.