Sigma Computing

Collaborative business intelligence and data analytics tool

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app

77 opções de software

Joseph B.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Great model for rapidly evolving analytics

Avaliado em 24/09/2020

Sigma is the fastest and easiest BI tool to deploy. Iteration on the semantic layer is a cinch.

Sigma is a delight to work with as a vendor. Their support is superbly responsive (during business hours - they don't have global timezone coverage yet).

Sigma's pricing model is reasonable and very friendly to orgs where 80+% of the employees need live data access.

Vantagens

Sigma has the right model.

From the user perspective, the columnar formula editing feels familiar enough, and the learning curve is friendly to anyone with spreadsheet experience.

From an architect perspective, the semantic layer is lightweight and easy to adapt to ever-changing schemas. The UI covers most of the functionality you'll want, and for everything else you can fall back on writing your own code, like cron strings or SQL queries. I let Sigma do probably 95% of my querying, leaving the gnarliest 5% for me to write in their SQL runner.

I do a significant amount of lightweight ELT work in Sigma as well. I like being able to write massive views that I know I'm going to have to update often, and just like Snowflake / Sigma materialize them for me. When I use Sigma to query S3 directly in the SQL runner - usually to POC some new data that hasn't made its way out to the business teams yet - this functionality is really convenient because those queries are not efficient. I just need to get new data in front of the business as quickly as possible.

Desvantagens

Visual discovery is lacking when compared to mature tools like Tableau. Sigma needs to continue chipping away at the Tableau features around dashboarding and charting.

Nicholas M.
  • Setor: E-Learning
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Incredible power and flexibility

Avaliado em 17/12/2020

I am obsessed with Sigma, by far my favorite BI tool I've used. It let me do calculations myself that would usually require whole cycles of data requests, and affords me much more flexibility.

* Ability to pull any data I need or want
* Complexity of calculations possible while being easy to use
* Seriously those grouping levels are VERY powerful

Desvantagens

* Pivot tables are the one thing they haven't aced yet - you can make them but then to calculate cased on them you need to make a new dataset and then a new sheet. You can do pretty much all the same work with just levels though so I don't miss them too often.
* I wish my default permissions could be "public" - I'm never doing anything private, so why is that the default?
* Maps could use some work. I want to color-map countries, not just display dots

Amazon QuickSight, Tableau e Looker

Razões para escolher o Sigma Computing

Wanted more flexibility than we had with Looker at the time.

Looker

Razões para mudar para o Sigma Computing

I liked it most for the complexity and flexibility of computation that I could do easily within the platform. I think a combination of that and cost went into why the Data team (the final decision maker) went with them.
Martha Q.
  • Setor: Roupa e moda

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

positively mixed feelings

Avaliado em 18/07/2019

Overall I have access to more than our previous reporting system, which is a positive. However, as self serve as it is I wish connecting tables and validating was more straightforward as a user.

Vantagens

I like how customizable it is. From a good basic report I can move things around to suit my needs. In addition it has many options for how to export, which is great as I use excel for more complex files & google sheets for collaborating & sharing findings.

Desvantagens

Load times to get to a report or filter can be killer for some reports that pull from many data sources, and have large amounts of information. The permissions are a bit annoying when a report is created for me by an admin, but I am the report owner (as it was made for my department), but I can't make my own changes (w/o admin privlidges) and archive the main one. In these cases, I have to request the admin to make the changes, or make a copy and publish my own report and again contact the admin to delete or move the report so that mine is the one the team goes to first.

Jordan S.
  • Setor: Logística e cadeia de fornecimento

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

The BI tool of the future

Avaliado em 26/05/2020

Love it. We previously had Looker as our BI tool and this is a HUGE improvement over that tool. Ease of use, clarity of features, flexibility of the system are all significantly improved. Couldn't be happier with our switch, I know my whole team would say the same thing.

Vantagens

Ease of use, especially the ability to write custom SQL queries to build datasets and reports. The visualization builder is also very user friendly and has made throwing together dashboards for internal or external use significantly easier. Saves me and my colleagues a ton of time!

Desvantagens

There have been some features identified by the team that we need for Enterprise-level software that were missing, many have been addressed though. A major bugbear of mine is that the filters don't seem to react to each other if there are multiple on a dashboard, they filter independently of other inputs.

Sisense e Tableau

Razões para escolher o Sigma Computing

Looker was very onerous to work in due to LookML language that you had to write in to delineate different objects from the database. SQL is much easier to work in and simpler to learn, so the barrier to access is much lower with Sigma.

Looker

Razões para mudar para o Sigma Computing

Price point, willingness to work with us on feature development, enterprise options, and ease of use of product among others.
Andy R.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Sigma plus Snowflake is a revelation!

Avaliado em 14/12/2020

It has exceeded my expectations in ease of use and the productivity my team has been able to achieve.

Vantagens

I love the secure cloud hosting, the ease of connecting to data sources, the fact that it queries the data directly, but most I like the grid based view of data that is always at hand.

Being able to view, sort, filter, and create calculations on the data in a familiar spreadsheet-like interface is genius. The “Column Details” feature allows me to quickly understand the range of values in the system.

Desvantagens

I’ve generated several feature requests for areas we’d like to see more detail.

Razões para mudar para o Sigma Computing

See above. Good feature set. Engaged support team. Price. Ease of onboarding and getting staff productive. Ease of connecting data sources.
Tania R.

Using Sigma as a Software developer

Avaliado em 27/06/2019

I think is a nice tool, is easy to use and it's fast. You can load your data and start analyzing it very fast, also, it's a nice tool for non technical users, but when I need more features or power I rather to use Data Studio

Vantagens

Is an easy to use software, I liked that it's very fast, I don't have to wait to start seeing the data

Desvantagens

It needs more features, specially to migrate the worksheets to different environments, also it has a very limited number of functions. Sometimes the error messages are not very descriptives, so we can't know what's happening or how to solve it (we had a worksheet with an error like: "the joins are not efficient", something like that, so that message was kind of useless)

Razões para mudar para o Sigma Computing

i suggest Google Data Studio, but they choose Sigma because it's a lot easier to use
Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Internet
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

Powerful data visualization tool

Avaliado em 14/05/2020

As a data analyst, I've have had a lot of fun building dashboards and reports with Sigma. It's very flexible and has great usability

Vantagens

- You can easily add data sources, and then create datasets with the columns you need
- It also lets you format the columns and process the data by using formulas, very similar to what you would do in a spreadsheet, but more streamlined
- You can easily join different datasets and filter data
- The new dashboards are very easy to use, with a clear interface to add widgets, filters and views
- They also have quick and effective customer support

Desvantagens

- It can be a little intimidating if you are not familiar with spreadsheets

Mode e Looker

Razões para escolher o Sigma Computing

It was getting hard to import, maintain and visualize the data in an Spreadsheet. As a company we decided to move all of our data to a warehouse and we selected Sigma as the visualization tool

Razões para mudar para o Sigma Computing

Price and overall functionality. UI was also very similar to what our end users were used to (Spreadsheets)
Michell B.
  • Setor: Transporte rodoviário e ferroviário

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Good price, needs more features

Avaliado em 18/07/2019

This has been a net positive for our org.

Vantagens

Sigma allows viewers for free, even viewers from outside your organization.

Desvantagens

The dashboard feature is not fully built out - many features seem to be missing. For example, I can't put percents on a pie chart.

QlikView, Tableau e Looker

Razões para escolher o Sigma Computing

Price. Chartio charged for viewers, Sigma did not.

Chartio
Kyle T.
  • Setor: Capital de risco e capital privado

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Great product and better value

Vantagens

Compared to competitors I found Sigma to be much more straightforward with regard to database connections and dashboard building. No complex data warehousing layer, or reporting databases to instrument / sync, it simply reads from whatever db you assign and syncs in real time. While there is still a learning curve, the excel-like functions make it friendlier to business users who are not familiar with SQL to enable them to build custom reports rather than only viewing. While there isn't a "team" assigned to you for onboarding like other tools offer, I have found adhoc email and chat support to be good enough, and certainly worth the $ saved compared to other 'implementation costs' that often come with or are built in to the pricing of competitive products.

Desvantagens

The team/user permissioning and management could be more straightforward.

Sisense, Domo e Looker
Shawn H.

Sigma shaved 5 hours off my monthly reporting

Avaliado em 27/06/2019

While Sigma could be great for a lot of use cases, there is one in particular that I use it for. Every month I have a summary report that I have to put together. I used to run multiple database queries, dump the data out into Excel, do some manual sorting and manipulation of the data, and then build out pivot tables so that I could see trends month over month. Sigma takes care of all of the data fetching, formatting, and styling for me (and lets me do it in a way that turns out better than I had in Excel).
Doing the reports this way, now saves me about 5 hours a month off of that monthly report that I was doing, which means that I have more time for data exploration, and spend less time with data garbage collection.

Vantagens

I love the ability to build out extra columns in my data visually, which lets me build pivot tables that I cannot even replicate in Excel.
Having built out tables once, I can reuse them again and again with fresh data without having to pull and manually re-translate everything like I used to do.
Having the ability to change the type of data in a column to a new structure saves me a lot of time.
Extracting JSON from my tables is a snap!

Desvantagens

While the documentation is good, I wish there was a little better messaging around error handling. Sigma formatting is slightly different from the PostgreSQL that I am used to.
I wish that there was a little more visual punch to the charts I can make.

Sam J.

Incredibly Useful Tool for data analysis and workflow

Vantagens

The speed with which I'm able to pull together disparate data and generate some useful insights.

The Dashboard functionality has been particularly useful in creating reporting our teams can use with customers and prospects.

Desvantagens

Version management and permissions. It's hard to keep everyone looking at the same version of a document, to view data, a document is created and generically named, so our folder system is getting very full and hard to navigate. Additionally, there's no way to tell if another user will be able to see a given document without asking them to try viewing it, and there's no way for them to request view access to that document.

Scott S.
  • Setor: Esportes

Sigma - making SQL a visual effort

Avaliado em 27/06/2019

It has been great. The tool fit very naturally into my companies data flow and getting _explorable_ data into stakeholders hands. We also have a more static dashboarding tool that excels at that, but is weak for exploration.
Sigma also makes my job as an analyst easier by making data sets explorable using point-n-click tools vs code

Vantagens

Makes 'easy' queries very easy to work on and see results visually immediately. Natural way to think about grouping objects but still showing the 'row' level data is amazing and a huge selling point on getting non data people to use the sheets shared with them.
Makes the mental structuring of large undertakings choppable into smaller to-do's and then joining sheets together

Desvantagens

Expanding on my point in my pro's about chunking down large undertakings to smaller conceptual efforts per sheet.... this is not very performant. I have two projects where I create a base sheet and then have 2-6 sheets built off of it before potentially joining them back together to combine the aspects I've added. This however, results in the base sheet/query being run numerous times and is often times a time consuming query to begin with. In a code based environment this could be made more performant by using a WITH statement so it only has to execute once and can then be used multiple times

Joins have to be exact matches (no date comparison) and can only be on original columns from the data source. Therefore, if a column must be switched from integer to string, you have to create a reference to the sheet before being able to join to other tables.

Mia O.
  • Setor: Automotivo

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Turns non-technical business users into data power users

Avaliado em 26/06/2019

Stellar overall experience. The Sigma team makes a massive effort to truly understand and design around customer needs and use cases, as well as to provide hands-down the best customer support and training I have ever received from a B2B vendor, period.

Vantagens

The ability to connect to any data number of data sources across our enterprise data warehouse to extract useful insights for my team. Without a line of coding I can report, analyze, and visualize data from our CRM, IoT data streams, 3rd party APIs, and now .csv uploads. The full access is balanced by perfect row-level security controls so I can use the same system to power data dashboards and portals for internal teams as I do for external clients.

Desvantagens

The upside of being able to access ALL data streams leads to a downside -- it can take a long time to process and load information. However I look forward to data materialization features in the works which will eliminate this problem.

John M.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Quick route to collaborative BI (especially for Excel users)

Avaliado em 15/09/2020

Sigma got my business to the point of insightful, collaborative BI in a couple of weeks, and it instantly was our most critical performance monitoring tool.

Love the dataset -> spreadsheet -> dashboard usage model

Seamless integration with Snowflake

Desvantagens

User admin/roles functionality is not as easy and consistent to administer as it should be

Looker, Microsoft Excel e Tableau

Razões para mudar para o Sigma Computing

It was the easiest and most cost-effective to link to our Snowflake instance.
Sean P.

Revolutionary Data Tool

Avaliado em 08/07/2019

The most significant impact of Sigma has been exposing data to so many people around the business who would otherwise have had to go through the data team bottleneck, both slowing their access to data and limiting the explorability and agility of the results. However, this can be accomplished in a controlled manner with Sigma, ensuring that stakeholders only have access to vetted sources of truth procured by the data team.

Vantagens

- ability to explore and inspect the source data and perform sophisticated SQL functions via GUI (group, join, aggregate, etc.)
- ability to create single source of truth worksheets and build all related content off of that, instead of reinventing the wheel with every new query
- unlimited reader accounts allows usage to really take off and flourish instead of hamstringing itself

Desvantagens

- pricing still unclear as to what constitutes an author vs a reader - based on recent conversations with Sigma I'm afraid that we are going to be upcharged on items that were never made clear to us (I am still unclear)
- new software still has its share of bugs

Luke B.
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Excel for your data warehouse

Avaliado em 18/07/2019

I help B2B SaaS startup founders and CMOs with their customer data platforms and reporting.

The ability to create additional columns on your data containing custom formulas and the ability to sort and filter on multiple columns is great.

One of my clients uses Sigma and I’ve been extremely impressed at how easy and quickly it is to build reports on multiple tables of data without writing any complex SQL. For example, sessionization of page view and event time series data is a complex SQL query which can be performed within a few minutes in Sigma without any knowledge of SQL. It’s a great tool for business users.

Vantagens

I’ m very impressed at Sigma’s ease of use for building reports from my clients data warehouse running on Snowflake. If you can use Excel, and understand the data in your database you can be up and running extremely quickly without having to write SQL queries or any code to describe your database.

Desvantagens

As with any tool there is a learning curve to the interface, but since it’s similar to a spreadsheet, it’s quick to learn.

Theres no feature yet to save custom formulas to be used across worksheets so you’ll have to copy and paste them for now.

Rostyslav B.
  • Setor: Telecomunicações

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Good product, becoming better every quarter

Avaliado em 13/05/2020

I was using Sigma increasingly over the last year or so. One thing that I am most pleased with is how in the new releases I can see the issues raised by me and my coworkers addressed and solved. It is becoming more and more usable with time.

Vantagens

Sigma is a quick and easy way to map from a SQL query through intermediate exploration to customer-ready visualization

Desvantagens

No way to save the complete project as code, which can be edited, version-controlled, ported, etc

Gary B.
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

Two month review

Avaliado em 15/09/2020

So far, I have loved it. For a month of experience, I feel very empowered to create the reports necessary to drive the business.

Vantagens

Love the simplicity of creating reoccurring reports and setting them up for automated delivery.

Desvantagens

Some of the more complex formulas can be difficult to create, however the support has helped immensely. Only other con would be some of the output formats. one of the largest issues I still have is to output to a format that includes the entire list of (pick a column)

Alec P.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Sigma is a powerful tool

Avaliado em 01/06/2020

I have been able to expand my personal skillset with sigma and work towards better data insights.

Vantagens

Sigma offers a great way for me to explore tables in our database and visualize those insights. Building worksheets and converting those sheets into dashboards have been very valuable for me.

Desvantagens

There is a learning curve here. It may take a while to get completely comfortable using the product. Once you do, the possibilities for data analytics expand.

Krystyna S.
  • Setor: Imobiliárias

Highly recommended!

Avaliado em 13/05/2020

Excellent! I use it on the daily.

Vantagens

It's easy to use and straight forward. I'm not not only handling reports for my team but for multiple departments as well.

Desvantagens

I'm still learning the depths but it's one of the best programs that I've had the opportunity to use. I would say the only thing that can be annoying, is the load speed. Sometimes my tables and dashboards time out.

Ivan S.
  • Setor: Produção audivisual
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

Integration Pipeline

Avaliado em 26/05/2020

Best email marketing pipeline integration when it comes to metrics and conversion goals

Vantagens

It's very effective on the email marketing and CRM.

Desvantagens

pricing can be lower but totally works.

Salesforce Essentials

Razões para escolher o Sigma Computing

Better on the metrics and goal performance

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Razões para mudar para o Sigma Computing

better on metrics and conversion goals
Leon K.
  • Setor: Transporte rodoviário e ferroviário
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

A useful tool for specific problems

Avaliado em 03/07/2019

Monthly compliance reporting handoff to non-technical individuals.

Vantagens

For someone who is not particularly tech savvy, Sigma is a great way to take SQL queries written by someone who is, and then be able to modify the data in real time using the sort of functionality we're all used to via Excel.

Sigma also is easy to export data from, and the scheduling functionality is quite useful for recurring reports.

Desvantagens

Because Sigma has to re-pull data every time you open a sheet, it is incredibly slow. Certain reports can take multiple minutes to load, and once any filters are applies, it has to re-pull the report, causing those minutes to be lost again.

Because of this, it's often easier to just download all the data and then do the filtering/etc in excel/google sheets.

Drake M.
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

Simple Yet Powerful

Vantagens

Sigma presents data in a format users already understand... a spreadsheet. The result is a BI tool that is much less intimidating than alternatives because it doesn't force users to learn a new query language.

Desvantagens

While the basic functionality is actually pretty easy to use, some of the features are hard to find, or not that intuitive especially around formulas or more advanced features.

Austin H.
  • Setor: Petróleo e energia

Great Product

Avaliado em 06/08/2019

Vantagens

Ease of use and visibility is great! Love the data that we are able to pull and how easy the interface is to use.

Desvantagens

There are a few features that I would love to see added. Mainly that when you are working with large data sets, it can be hard on the system and lead to slow processing time.

Jen D.
  • Setor: Roupa e moda

It works!

Avaliado em 03/07/2019

I use Sigma to manage inventory company wide across the country and it's easy to see where things are and when.

Vantagens

easy to see all info in one place, for multiple needs

Desvantagens

I have no complaints about anything sigma. but we also have someone who was able to walk me through how to create different reports at my workplace