QuarkXPress

QuarkXPress is the world's most powerful page layout and dig

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

80 avaliações

Melanie
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

My Go to Print Layout Choice For Years

Avaliado em 08/09/2018

I've been using Quark for so long now that I find it hard to imagine using anything else. At a client's encouragement - and because they owned the software - I did try Scribus but for me it just did not have the same feel or great function that Quark has so after a few hours experimentation I politley delined to keep using it and went back to what I know (and achived excatly what they were looking for anyway)

Vantagens

Since I first used this software in college (which was more than a while ago) although it has changed and evolved in my opinion it has never stopped being the best layout creation tool there is. I've used it over the years professionally across all kinds of projects and niches and even personally to create materials for the kids' soccer teams etc. And customer service always has been truly top notch, something that is increasingly rare these days.

Desvantagens

The newer Adobe integrations can be annoying and for my purposes not that helpful. Yes, there are days when I wish it had never happened but not to the point that I will actively go looking for something else as an alternative.

Aleksandar
  • Setor: Produção audivisual

• Probabilidade de recomendação 4.0 /10

Old-timer in prepress industry with interactive make-up

Avaliado em 09/04/2022

In general I am satisfied. It works very stabile. Output - pdf output - is perfect for prepress, HTML5 site of publication is excellent and work as soon as you drop it on ftp server.

Vantagens

If you work on book, or you need HTML5 or android/iPhone version of your publication, without additional costs, choose QuarkXPress. In one program you can do everything you need to satisfy your publishing needs. But, if you need more "artistic" look of your publication, Adobe and Affinity suites, even Corel, are better solutions.

Desvantagens

It is slow as slow as you hardisk, not your CPU or graphic card. QuarkXPress use too many time more hd than memory cache. Second "least" is price, and it cost too much, and there are no upgrade for 50% or more offs.

Adobe Illustrator e CorelDRAW

Razões para escolher o QuarkXPress

Indesign became too pricely, and I switch... after few years, Quark price politics are not good, and I switch again - to Affinity suite.

Software anterior

Razões para mudar para o QuarkXPress

Adobe was too pricely. Cores was too slow, and cannot handle documents with great number of pages, and we than choose QuarkXPress.
Loren

Why I chose QuarkXpress

Avaliado em 22/07/2022

At first it took me a while to get used to the software, but after a while i got the hang of it after a few tutorials and projects i don't use any other.

Vantagens

At first it took me a while to get used to the software, but after a while i got the hang of it. the workspace layout is great. It also has a lot of functions and tools to use.

Desvantagens

I really have no cons as of yet. So far i love this software its my go to for all flyers, cards, brochures, and model comp cards.

Razões para mudar para o QuarkXPress

I got some advise from my brother that also uses the software and advised me that it was a great tool and easy to learn.

Resposta do Quark Software Traduzido para o Português

Thanks for your review. Your review is appreciated!

• Setor: Design
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

QuarkXPress: An industry Pioneer, but loses the race when compared with Adobe InDesign

Avaliado em 21/07/2022

Overall, not unhappy but each of my project experiences left me wanting more ... design options, layout options, integration with other software I use.

Vantagens

It's a page layout powerhouse and does what it is intended to do. It's fairly user friendly and easy to learn the ins and outs.

Desvantagens

Because Quark is a stand alone software, it loses any integration options with other programs that designers use on a daily basis. For this reason alone, it's difficult to rationalize using Quark instead of InDesign, which has so many crossovers with Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.

Resposta do Quark Software Traduzido para o Português

Thanks for your feedback!

David
  • Setor: Impressão

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Great program for page layout

Avaliado em 05/05/2022

Overall, I really like using Quark for text input. It is a much more enjoyable experience than inputting text in either Illustrator or InDesign. It certainly blows programs such as Microsoft Word out of the water. It does suffer when you have to move to packaging design and layout.

Vantagens

I like that Quark allows you precision control over text input in documents. It is especially useful in art projects that are text intensive. I like it best for direction labels, books, pamphlets, magazines etc.

Desvantagens

I don't find that Quark is near as useful for laying out package design projects. It suffers when compared to Adobe Illustrator for setting up art for boxes, product logo labels or flexible packaging of various types (multi-wall bags, form and fill bags, pouches, etc.). It just is not functional for package design and I have found it is limited in its post script adaptability.

Razões para mudar para o QuarkXPress

I actually use both programs. I just prefer Quark's functionality over InDesign's. I do have to use InDesign in some instances because my customer uses it. I would never choose it over Quark if it was up to me.

Resposta do Quark Software Traduzido para o Português

Thank you! Your review is much appreciated!

duncan
  • Setor: Editoras

Good software for publishing

Avaliado em 28/04/2022

Vantagens

Quark is easy to use and is good for books and single page adverts

Desvantagens

i did not like the integration for html web pages

Resposta do Quark Software Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Chadsey

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

I wish it were like it used to be, simple...reliable...the best.

Avaliado em 20/01/2018

Good sleep, less stress, a peaceful work week..... Oh I thought you said benefits from using this software.

Vantagens

First, their customer support for this product is incredible. Hands down some of the best people working with this company, and knowledgable. There is also an online community behind this software that is wonderful and can usually get you where you want to go if you need help. Also the facebook group continues to grow and thrive and the company is pretty involved with keeping the quark world up to date on progress and resources.
Ok the software is pretty wonderful and through the years we continue to choose Quark for book/media publishing over other products that we use more frequently day to day with other media because Quark just has always gotten the job done and done well. That still is the case for a couple specific purposes, like brochure and booklet printing, we use Quark for because most of the tools throughout the years have remained the same. And they make simple what other products cause hair-loss over.
Quark not being a subscription based media creation software is the bee's knees!! And the ability and power of all the software can do for the price is pretty great!!

Desvantagens

Over the years, they have tried to do too much in too little of time to compete but they have failed short. In the past Quark was an incredible software and the value was through the roof, but sadly that is not the case anymore. Focusing on becoming a software for producing cross-platform media and new media has taken away from their bread and butter of being the go to software for book and print media publishing over the years. The tools available, advancements and attention to their original staples of print publishing have lacked. PDFs are an area serious attention needs to be given, without having to purchase or use 3rd party integrations. Yearly updates should not have to be purchased or at least discounted much more significantly, especially considering the incompatibility of working between different years of Quark. Saving to a previous version is a must, that I which would come back, without expensive 3rd party software.

Robin

I'd be lost without QuarkXPress

Avaliado em 23/06/2022

As a graphic designer, I have been using QuarkXPress since 1990. I used it exclusively for layout for decades until I had to learn InDesign for a few of my clients. I still use it on a daily basis.

Vantagens

QuarkXPress is a very elegant and intuitive software to use for layout. I especially like the ability to create templates, master pages and style sheets when creating multi-page documents. Integrating graphic images and type management are a breeze. Conversion for commercial printing is so easy. I've completed everything from a small postcard to a 350 page coffee table book.

Desvantagens

I have no complaints with QuarkXPress, but have heard other complain about how difficult it is to learn. However, if the user is willing to spend a little time with the tutorials, they will find it very easy to use.

Resposta do Quark Software Traduzido para o Português

Thanks for your review! It is much appreciated.

Stan
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Rip-off

Avaliado em 01/07/2022

Awful. Do not do business with them.

Vantagens

I've used Quark for decades and I'm familiar with it. It works well for page layout. Everyone uses InDesign now but I was a Quark diehard until now.

Desvantagens

Quark 2018, which I bought on the App Store, crashed every 10-15 minutes. When I upgraded the OS, it wouldn't open. The Quark person explained that it's not compatible with Monterey. I literally had the software for three months but Quark would not give me a credit on an upgrade.

Hi.

QuarkXPress 2018 is supported on:
MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra),
MacOS 10.12 (Sierra),
Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan),
Windows 10 (64 bit),
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and
Windows 7 (64-bit)

However, if you would like to upgrade to latest QuarkXPress 2022 which is compatible on Monterey, we can extend Upgrade discounts. Please reach us at [email protected] to avail the offer.

Jonathan
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 2.0 /10

Some nice features, but lacking many. Rickety user experience

Avaliado em 14/01/2019

We were able to get our project done (a technical user manual). QuarkXPress had the features we needed to get the job done, but some of QuarkXPress's limitations negatively impacted the end product. As a former InDesign user, InDesign has all the features that QuarkXPress has, plus more options and control. The QuarkXPress interface is buggy and frankly feels unfinished. I am shocked that a software that began in the 80s and dominated the market at one point is so low quality. I've used freeware that felt more polished and reliable.

Vantagens

Nice abstraction features like paragraph and character styles so you can change a style once and QuarkXPress updates your whole document. Master pages are very useful for streamlining the creation of a large document (we used it to automatically show chapter headings on every page of a user manual). 60 days of free tech support is a nice perk.

Desvantagens

Design flaws in software are a constant obstacle. Can't open multiple projects at once, makes transferring things to a new project a huge pain. Table of contents automation lacks customization. Scrolling on a page with 15-20 elements is slow on a modern computer. I call customer support asking for help to get Table styles to work, and they respond that Table styles just don't work on some tables and I have to live with it. User interface hides itself when window is out of focus for no reason, infuriating when trying to follow a tutorial in a web browser. Undo operations frequently crash the program. Anytime you click on one of the palettes in the side bar, the whole user interface goes into a mini-seizure and flashes light and dark. Exporting PDF has no progress bar, the software just goes "not responding" for 10-20 minutes so you have no idea how long you will have to wait. The support community is sparse and their help forum confirmation email didn't send even after requesting new ones, so I wasn't able to join and ask questions.

Simon

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Still number one in my opinion

Avaliado em 15/03/2019

Having used Quark since version 3, (that's early 90's on a IIx) I've grown up with it. Does pretty much everything I need it to do as a final platform for print. It's ease of use and the fact they haven't diddled around too much with its core functionality is a blessing. Never had any problems with getting work printed using Quark. Over the years I've used multiple platforms, individually and combined, in designing specifically for print. Have used Indesign. It's OK, but see no reason to change. Try to avoid subscription software these days. Now use Affinity Photo and Draw in place of Adobe stuff which quark works with without issue.

Vantagens

Does everything I need it to do in design for print.
Accurate, fast, reliable and a very powerful bit of kit and that's all that matters in my book.

Desvantagens

Not many. The tables function could be a bit more friendly regarding basic editing.
Updates are a bit expensive for the frequency which they offer them.
I miss the little alien, they could bring that back, a little bit of stress relief I miss!

Sharon

Makes my job easy

Avaliado em 24/07/2019

I started with Quark Xpress back in the the late 1980's with a box of floppies. Took two hours to install on a Mac Classic. I had no instructions, just the box and the computer. My boss had traded it from a design company that owned him money. So, I am self-taught. But, I have been a faithful user ever since. I have work at print shops, newspapers all over the country and all have used Quark. I actually got fired from a job designing magazines because I wouldn't change over to InDesign when they decided it was a better program. So, I went out on my own, and never looked back. Here we are Quark 2019, 30 years later, not quite so simple to use, but still the best typesetting software available.

Vantagens

I use Quark in design magazine daily. And it's so easy to set up templates for any job I am gettin ready to do. And I can import InDesign files, pdf, and most other files into my program.

Desvantagens

Cost is getting a little out of hand. Seems like each year they are wanting me to pay so I can get an upgrade.

Alessandro
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Il miglior software di impaginazione

Avaliado em 12/02/2022

Lo utilizzo da 30 anni. Lo ritengo il miglior software per impaginare i giornali

Vantagens

L'ho sempre amato per l'estrema facilità di utilizzo grazie ai comandi da tastiera ed alla barra degli strumenti completa ed intuitiva. La creazione e la gestione dei documenti, soprattutto giornali, magazine etc è molto più dinamica del collega Indesign

Desvantagens

Sempre un passo indietro sulla versione di pdf che genera. A volte è un problema gestire questi pdf

Razões para mudar para o QuarkXPress

Non l'ho preferito, li utilizzo entrambi

Resposta do Quark Software Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your review!

Robin

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

If Quark were a man, I'd marry him.

Avaliado em 31/07/2019

I have used Quark for everything from business card design to websites. I especially like using it for layout on coffee table books.

Vantagens

I love everything about QuarkXPress. I've been using Quark since 1990 and also taught Quark for a few years. There is an elegance to the way Quark works that is missing in other page layout software. It was set up by graphic designers for graphic designers. Even though I own Adobe Creative Suite, I prefer to use Quark for print and web projects.

Desvantagens

There is nothing that I dislike about Quark. Even if I run into a snag or problem I am able to find a solution easily with the Quark HELP feature or on their website.

Nina
  • Setor: Gestão da educação
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

Quark User

Avaliado em 01/08/2019

Designing calendars, flyers, newsletters and many more graphic publications is a breeze with Quark Express

Vantagens

User friendly!!! The software is like a desk and the many applications are similar to items on that desk. You can easily drag any item to the place you desire. Open boxes for pictures, text etc are so easy and functional. I love this software. Frequent updates which make the products even more so wonderful.

Desvantagens

Need to upgrade my Apple computer as it is not compatible when the software is updated as frequent as it does. It becomes compatible with a new computer OS.

Desktop publishing With QuarkXpress

Avaliado em 26/05/2019

I use Quarkexpress in small projects because of its user-friendly features.

Vantagens

Ever since it was released in 1987 QuarkXPress has dominated the Desktop Publishing.
I use Quarkexpress because when its come to page layout it is the best one out there because of its simplicity.its text tools are very user-friendly and lets you get the job done very quickly and efficiently.
Also, QuarkXPress supports more printers than any other desktop publishing software.

Desvantagens

There is not much not to like about QuarkXpress.
Maybe PDF exports could be easier in the future

• Setor: Design

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

I've used this product for years and love the ease of designing with it.

Avaliado em 05/06/2018

I can create my design projects just the way I want them to be because it offers many options and is easy to use.

Vantagens

The many options it offers for layout, working with type and images. I love the Collect for Output, get's everything in one place. Resizing pages when needed, the gradations, the HTML options are great. I have found Quark much easier to use than InDesign.

Desvantagens

I'd have to say the cost, it's expensive for a stand-alone product. Because of the high price I am very slow to upgrade to newer version. Which makes for a bigger learning curve when I do upgrade.

Steve
  • Setor: Mídia digital

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

A great way to build pages for newspaper production

Avaliado em 30/07/2018

It's the best program for page production, bar none.

Vantagens

Quark is a great way to put together newspaper pages. It's easy to design award-winning, sharp pages, and I have won multiple industry awards using Quark. There are so many useful functions that assist the page builder, and it's a fast program once all the nuances are learned.

Desvantagens

Very few cons, maybe the most being that it tends to crash occasionally. But sometimes it crashes more on different computers, so it may not be a total problem with the program.

Henry
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

• Suporte ao cliente

simple and fast, functions that go straight to the point when designing

Avaliado em 22/05/2018

Vantagens

I can make a newspaper page in just 10 minutes, because of the ease of handling the palette of styles and predesigned templates in a window, the QPS function for me is great for assigning press releases to journalists easily and quickly. equally the way to create the styles is quite easy

Desvantagens

It is horrible that this program suddenly closes for no reason, both in mac and pc, I do not know if it is because it requires a lot of memory, because I also do not like it to be quite heavy, and when handling many jpeg files the interface becomes slow , so I'm forced to do it some time in several documents. The way I manage bitmaps does not please me very much.

Angel
  • Setor: Software
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1 000 funcionários

QuarkXPress

Avaliado em 08/11/2018

QuarkXPress is a great product. I would recommend it to anyone working in the creative field. It can be use for print and digital design. I use the product to create advertisements, collateral, packaging, flyers, success stories, white papers, guides, spec sheets, interactive PDFs, and so on.

Vantagens

Easy to use. Has lots of features. Integrates well with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Love that you can create digital and interactive files.

Desvantagens

Some features are hard to find. Would like to see more training available.

Russell
  • Setor: Bancos
  • Porte da empresa: 1 001-5 000 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Quark is bittersweet but can’t compete with Indesign

Avaliado em 04/12/2018

I’ve used quarkxpress for over ten years, longer than any other single piece of software. I converted to indesign kicking and screaming because of how different the workflow was because I was so picky. If you’re just starting out, I’d suggest you look at indesign. If you’re picking up someone else’s work, you can almost everything indesign can do quark can do too.

Vantagens

After Apple’s Pages application, it is the easiest and simplest major print design software out there that you can use fairly intuitively if you’ve used a computer graphics program before. Just watching some tutorials online you can easily edit other people’s work fairly easily without much training.

The second best feature of quark is the powerful xtentions that exist out there on the market. Other programs had this too but quark was the first to do this. Xtentions really streamlined and automated a lot of repetitive design tasks like updating prices and phone numbers (xcatalog).

Desvantagens

It lacks full transparency gradients and doesn’t have adequate photo layering capabilities like opacities and layer modes. It also lacks a wysiwyg font menu so you can’t see they style of the font you’re using until you select it and enter some type. Quark is also a bit unstable at times. Prone to crashes.

Meshell
  • Setor: Editoras
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Quark after using InDesign for about ten years

Avaliado em 30/10/2019

Laying out ads and pages for our newspaper is very easy in Quark.

Vantagens

Very easy to transition to after using InDesign for about ten years. Layout is very easy. The keyboard shortcuts are easy to learn as well.

Desvantagens

There are times that files imported from Illustrator do some strange things when you export the Quark file to a pdf.

• Setor: Gestão da educação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Great to Use for Marketing Materials!

Avaliado em 29/07/2019

Vantagens

I used this software regularly at my previous job, and really enjoyed it. I was able to create beautiful advertisements for print, fairly easily. I was able to teach myself how to use it also. When it comes to design software, this is user friendly.

Desvantagens

It is kind of outdated. These days, people tend to look for Adobe software proficiency. It is a great stepping stone to Adobe.

Lonnie
  • Setor: Produção audivisual

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Quark makes page design simple

Avaliado em 25/10/2019

I've used Quark for 20 years, and although the version we have is pretty outdated, it still gets the job done with relative ease.

Vantagens

There are a variety of tools to accomplish exactly what you need. Options allow you to modify text and photos and to set up pages of all kinds of sizes.

Desvantagens

Some of the shortcuts codes involve three or more buttons, which can be difficult to remember, thus nullifying their purpose.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

I use QuarkxPress for all my print marketing materials.

Avaliado em 02/04/2018

Vantagens

I really like the software ease of use and even with updates that core elements stay the same. I find it easy to create the layout I need without all the extra tools and setting found in some other software.

Desvantagens

I do find the software slow to load and I do have frequent crashes. I also find it does not use all the fonts and font weights that my system has, that I know work within Photoshop for example.