GlassWire

Network security and monitoring with built-in firewall

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app

55 avaliações

Saqlain M.
  • Setor: Serviços de Facilities
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

Awesome piece of Software

Avaliado em 02/08/2019

SUPER AWESOME BRO

Vantagens

I love this software. I am very found of good software, useful software, which now a days are very scarce. I can not thank developers enough for making a software which shows what application uses the internet and uploads/downloads to what address. This kind of detailed information hub reviles the vulnerability which I didn't know was there before. It also enabled me with the power to block the traffic. Simply "It Is AWESOME"

Desvantagens

I don't know of any cons yet, I have used just the trial. But it will be very bad if they record our browsing history and logins. Which they say they don't but real truth will come forward in time.

Resposta do GlassWire Traduzido para o Português

Hello Saqlain, thanks for your review!

You wrote "it will be bad if they record our browsing history and logins". We agree!

That's why your data never leaves your device. We couldn't record it even if we wanted since we never have any access to it. https://www.glasswire.com/privacy/

You can confirm this by finding your data usage database on your own PC. https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Moving_Database

We are not a cloud service that keeps your data on our servers.

• Setor: Fotografia

GlassWire for Internet User

Avaliado em 23/05/2020

Overall it is very useful user friendly software.I still use this software and this is a one of my favorite software in my software collection.Every time I formatted my computer this is a one software which I use to install first.It safe guarding my computer and give me the full detail of my internet usage.It help me to save my internet data bundle which offer my internet package.

Vantagens

GlassWire is a very useful firewall software which I found by accidentally.It was very good useful software more than I thought.It is very simple to use because it simply shows the internet using applications on my computer and I can block those from accessing my internet by just one click.It has very simple user interface so without any knowledge any one can easily operate this software. If any new application start to accessing the internet it immediately shows up a massage and I can quickly blacklist or block that application.So from that I can easily find out any malware or virus applications which can not find out by my virus guard.And also it shows me my data usage of application to application.From that I could able to disable unwanted applications which use internet and save data of my internet connection.By disabling those unwanted data using applications by GlassWire I was able to speed up my internet connection than previous.GlassWire is not a heavy application which not use lot of ram and processing power.So that Its not slow down my day to day works and serve me very well.I recommend this software to any one who has unwanted data using problems of applications.

Desvantagens

This is very good software with well designed user interface.It was done every job which I was tell to do.But it did not able to stop down the windows auto update.That is the main issue I faced on using this software.When I use it first time it was not a payable software.Now it need to buy the software after the trial period.Lot of antivirus software supply the same usage of this application so I think buying those kind of antivirus software is much economical than buy this software.Those are the main drawbacks I saw in this software rather than it is very good software which must be in your software collection.

Ankit J.
  • Porte da empresa: 10.000+ funcionários

Highly Recommended

Avaliado em 04/08/2021

great tool and highly recommended

Vantagens

. Great tool to monitor graph, usage based on apps,traffic and publisher part.
. You get options to check what all devices are connected to your network
. The alerts for network connection are instant.
. Customisable theme , snooze alert, incognito mode are some additional features
. You get options to control your network and a power to approve or deny network request.
. You get options to remove users from the network
. Price wise perfect and pocket friendly with number of users and options you get.

Desvantagens

. Lots of customization which may confuse the user.
. Notification can be annoying as your get alert for every activity on network.

Walter P.
  • Setor: Desenvolvimento e comércio exterior
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Utterly annoying

Avaliado em 19/08/2020

Bought it. Paid for it. Expected it to work properly. Liked the advertised features. HOWEVER, absolutely HATE the constant interruptions, pop-ups, computer slow-downs, and overall experience. Will be cancelling it momentarily (or whenever I get around to doing it). Software should be neither seen, nor heard from, if it is to be effective. Wives are for interruptions!!!!

Vantagens

I appreciate what GlassWire is "trying" to do, but this is not what it actually does. It does give "additional" information about the status of my computer and its workings, as well as its internet connectivity, but it does so at a very annoying expense.

Desvantagens

I HATE, yes - absolutely hate the constant interruptions, pop-ups, non-interesting information and idiotic colors that are EXTREMELY annoying. I now remember why I had GlassWire before and why I eventually cancelled it. Software should be neither seen, heard, nor annoying in order to be effective. I HATE the products, and really don't care what it does. If it's doing its job, it should do it quietly, unobtrusively, and without interrupting my work (or pleasure). We already have too many interruptions in life.

Resposta do GlassWire Traduzido para o Português

GlassWire's alerts are all optional and can be displayed any way you prefer, or not at all.

Just go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose "settings" then "security".

For the colors you don't like, we literally have 15 different color options from black and white, to dark themes, to more colorful. Just go to the top left menu and choose "themes".

Yasiru G.

Monitor Your Network Usage with Glasswire

Avaliado em 24/03/2021

Overall experience with Glasswire is really impressive. Due to Glasswire, I have managed to save a significant amount of bandwidth usage from unwanted applications and processes.

Vantagens

Glasswire lets you monitor your network usage and present it with colourful and insightful charts and graphs. You can view the usage by dates, weeks, months and also have access to the usage history. Furthermore, it lets you see which applications are using the bandwidth and the amount of consumption. Whenever new application or process starts using the bandwidth you are notified with a notification from Glasswire.

Desvantagens

The only issue I see with Glasswire is not being able to see which websites are using the bandwidth and the amount. It only shows particular web browser has used the bandwidth, not by a particular website.

• Setor: Mineração e metais
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

A must have for metered connections!

Avaliado em 01/08/2019

GW has helped me take control of my metered connections and prevent programs like email clients and others transmit large volumes of data in the background. A must have for metered connections and as an addon to the security s/w!

Vantagens

The ability to control all the applications installed in my pc and the data volume they use especially with metered connections. Also, it offers you a real-time protection on top of the security s/w you use without slowing down the connection or the computer.

Sometimes it needs to be reset - does not start automatically with Win10

• Setor: Educação superior
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

GlassWire as a network monitoring software

Avaliado em 27/10/2019

Its a tool we must have to monitor our network about its usage and to be in alert what applications are using our internet connection and for what??

Vantagens

First of all GlassWire has a very attractive nice interface. GlassWire make us to see and understand the current usage of our network connection. It gives us a notification when ever there is a new network activity because of this we can be in alert about unwanted network accesses. GlassWire help us to track our data usage of the device. We can see which application is use more data and what are the servers it getting data from. It has a good feature called "Things" it scans our network and tell the details about the devices that are connected to it.

Desvantagens

Its price is little bit high. If the network scanner can scan for the security issues of the network it will be a great help.

Rune E.
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Glasswire - trusted

Avaliado em 04/12/2019

I use it for one of the home computers that I have used for visiting all sorts of links online. I installed Glasswire to ensure that I had some control over what traffic I was involved with.

Vantagens

Glasswire delivers an overview of the traffic that is on the network I am using.
This enables me to see first hand if something is up.

Desvantagens

It could be cheaper for a PRO version as the features in the free is allright, one would like to have more as it is a very good program, but the price is a bit high.

• Setor: Bancos

Best Data usage visualizer app

Avaliado em 18/03/2020

Being able to track what's hogging my network has been very useful to me.

Vantagens

Data visualized is very Accuracy and Privacy was very much considered.

Desvantagens

Software still not available for mac os.

Nathaniel F.
  • Setor: Hotelaria

Easy to use firewall

Avaliado em 21/01/2019

Vantagens

This is a easy to use visual firewall. It takes little knowledge to use and is super straight forward. Keeps everything working easy.

Desvantagens

No real gripes about the product. It does what it states and does so very easy.

Muzammil S.
  • Setor: Software
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

Best Network Monitor

Avaliado em 21/08/2020

The Overall Experience is awesome and glasswire is the application that i kept in my auto start-up when my computer starts. I am using this application on all of my 3 devices which are computer, laptop & on my android smartphone. Even I have suggested this application to my many friends and they are using the same.

Vantagens

1. Security : It protects your computer from all malicious attacks & it gives you the ability to approve or deny a network connection running on your computer.

2. Convenience : we can check the network without even opening the whole application. It notifies all the changes made to the network.

3. GUI : The Graphical User Interface Is Awesome. The Graphical Speed Chart of Internet Speed gives all Current and past network speed.

4. Built-In Firewall : Already Said the Glasswire firewall Helps us to protect from malicious attacks and gives the ability to approve or deny network connections.

Desvantagens

There are no cons in the application according to me. My Only Suggestion to glasswire team is that the premium prices of basic & pro should be decreased 5-10$.

Rich B.
  • Setor: Rede de computadores
  • Porte da empresa: 10.000+ funcionários

Excellent Network Management Tool

Avaliado em 11/01/2017

With a background in telecommunications software development and technical customer support, I needed help in monitoring and managing my multilayered home network. Glasswire provides not only connection info, but firewall assistance, data usage and alerts related to resources on my PC(s). I'm able to monitor and control Glasswire functions not only on my own device, but on all Windows devices in any given subnet. If I change subnet, I can work with a different device set. While the interface is graphic and easy to see, I can plunge down step by step to detailed connection info for each device and running application. Support via the Glasswire Forum is very fast and very helpful. Upgrades and new development are constant and are provided as part of the one time cost. There are no comparable tools at this usability level -- price/performance is outstanding. Highly recommended.

Functionality and support

Desvantagens

I would like support for Android and individual router monitoring/management. Android is anticipated, router is a completely different level of product. Better documentation is needed.

Jim F.
  • Setor: Segurança de rede e informática
  • Porte da empresa: 5.001-10.000 funcionários

Simply Outstanding

Avaliado em 18/08/2020

Having my PhD in cybersecurity, this product is simply outstanding and long overdue. I often recommend to my clients for a simple to use, laymans view of the "game behind the game". Well done by the folks at GlassWire - FINALLY an easy tu use, understadn and control interface for the average ( or experienced ) user.

Vantagens

Simple- one effective pane of glass to see what is really happening
Love the Virus total integration

Just a job WELL DONE Glasswire-- keep it up !

Desvantagens

I wish, there was more ability to get the PCAP of the offending event when possible for deepr investigation.
Ability to collaspe alerts by Date -- so I only see the day I want.
Ability to drill down or more interactive graph to investigate anomolous events and traffic

Matt M.
  • Setor: Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

A beautiful interface for something generally so boring.

Avaliado em 06/09/2018

I've been using GlassWire on Windows for a while and recently ventured into using it on Android as well. The only downside to the android application is that it has to keep a notification open and active in order to run in the background, and I'm not generally a fan of taking up that kind of screen real estate permanently.

Vantagens

GlassWire looks fantastic, it's easily the best looking firewall software that I've used. It's very easy to use and understand, and the features it provides are incredibly useful. Who knew the firewall could be this good?

Desvantagens

Really the only thing that I am not a fan of is that the software is subscription based, though I can understand why they price it that way.

Brian M.
  • Setor: Escritório de advocacia
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Quick Glasswire review, a solid selection

Avaliado em 18/08/2020

Glasswire has been easy to pick up and use as a means to further enhancing overall security. It also appears to have much more to offer as one takes the time to learn more of its finer workings. Bottom-line though is that it does its job well and looks really cool while doing it.

Vantagens

I recommend Glasswire because it is simple to use, with its engaging and unique UI, while also highly capable at its task. The bells and whistles are easily identified as well as explained in fairly seamless fashion with the well-meshed components. Enough for set and forget or tweaking til' content.

Desvantagens

Personally, I would like even more information/granular details. However, I say that about everything.

Kevin F.
  • Setor: Software

Perfect Product

Avaliado em 18/08/2020

For me, GlassWire is a must. I have it installed on my home server, two personal PCs, 2 work machines, and both my personal and work phone. This product delivers so much for such a low price.

Vantagens

Monitor local machine as well as servers or machines on the network is a breeze. The Firewall and other detections such as "Evil Twin" or even change in name for software is awesome. And the Themes are super useful when you have to stare at a screen for any given moment.

Desvantagens

There are only Two "Cons" that I see, that is that there is no Client [at the time of writing this] for MAC and my second is that I cannot use remote server manager from mobile client. But those are in no ways a reason to look somewhere else.

Mike H.
  • Setor: Engenharia mecânica ou industrial
  • Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Great network traffic visibility at a reasonable price

Avaliado em 18/08/2020

I'm involved in network security and seeing the traffic and applications creating that traffic helps when diagnosing possible malware.

Vantagens

This product is easy to use and provides great visual cues for what traffic is going to and from your computer. If you need to know what is happening, this tool is great for that.

Desvantagens

The product seems to create high CPU utilization at times. I hope this is improved in future releases.

Tony P.
  • Setor: Fotografia

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

I am a big fan of this software! It is easy to use and gives fine control of connection and...

Avaliado em 17/04/2018

It gives a greater understanding of what is going on in my digital life! What's not to like about that!

Vantagens

This software makes it easy to understand what is happening regarding software connecting, file transfers and bandwidth usage. It's visually stunning and appealing to use. I would not be without it. I usually run with ask to connect, which is great when limited to using a mobile connection.

Desvantagens

There's not really anything bad to say about it. If you find something amiss customer service get back very fast to resolve issues. In my case they went the extra mile to resolve an issue that was really outside the scope. But they got it done.

Clark C.
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos

Great Visual Firewall Monitor

Avaliado em 18/08/2020

On PC especially I add Glasswire when setting up a new machine, and when using it to make sure there are no intrusions or pieces of software I'm not aware of communicating with another machine.

I haven't tried the app yet but hope to in the future.

Vantagens

Really like the real-time info and visual interface. I helped spread the word about this software as part of the influencer team. Many folks I interacted with agreed the software was/is excellent.

I enjoy seeing in real-time where my computer pings out to other sites and servers. I had no idea this data was even accessible before Glasswire.

As someone that has dealt with malware in the past this is part of my one two punch for ensuring no malware / spyware / malicious stuff exist on my computers.

Desvantagens

Not much, just maybe explaining better all the features.

Almost complete

Great product

Vantagens

I love the way I can block individual programs from accessing the net.

Desvantagens

I would love to see a Ubuntu and Mint (which is Ubuntu based) build for Linux. This is really a "missing" issue with Glasswire; no Linux support. I am happy to update this review if Linux support is added.

Malcolm H.
  • Setor: Relações governamentais

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Do not go online without it

Avaliado em 20/10/2020

Rural and data usage spiked glasswire helped me isolate why

Vantagens

Ease of use when a problem can up. Good to be able to expand to see what exactlyis going on

Desvantagens

Nothing I can think of ai this time. It all works for me.

Jeff H.
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

A MUST FOR YOUR BUSINESS

Avaliado em 21/10/2020

Glassware looks after my PC and access Running quietly in the background protecting my use

Vantagens

Glassware provides me assurance that my PC is not being compromised by unwanted guest. Prompt notification is provide each time access is made allowing me to decide on a course of action

Desvantagens

I can not add any value here as Im a sole trder adn the software meets all my requiremens

Roby P.
  • Setor: Contabilidade

Used for years

Great service

Vantagens

Love the features and security that this offers and knowing who and what is in use on my system.

Desvantagens

Nothing that I have noted. Wish it would quit asking me to pay for the update though.

Hamza E.
  • Setor: E-Learning

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Glasswire is your eye in your computer

Avaliado em 18/08/2020

Good but I can't it's expensive so my experience was limited

Vantagens

the graph show us a good informtion for windows or mobile both are great

Desvantagens

to have to pay for features I would like to have all the features at least in one computer for free foreverer

• Setor: Hotelaria

A great simple firewall

Avaliado em 05/05/2018

Vantagens

This does a great job of blocking traffic and presenting all the traffic on a nice clean UI . Everything is easy to access and learn how to use.

Desvantagens

Not really a huge fan of the tiered software options but I understand it. I would rather just pay for a pro version and get all the features but it is most accessible to others at the different price points.