Shotcut

Open-source video editing tool for creative professionals

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
4/5
Suporte ao cliente
4/5

dos usuários recomendam este app

56 avaliações

Michael C.
  • Setor: E-Learning
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de um ano

A Must Have For Amateur Video Editors

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

A true delight if I have to be honest. It made the work so much better.

Vantagens

If the fact that Shoctut is open source (free) isn't enough for you to use it allow me to go deeper. Shotcut is a very simple and easy to use video editor. Before using more sophisticated software for video editing it was what helped me get familiar with a lot of concepts that were completely alien to me and it taught me how to use channels and separate audio from the video files and other useful things that looked too complicated to do in similar software. Usually when you open video editing software you're met with so many buttons and so much information that it gets scary to even try. Shotcut was what allowed me to start with its simple and minimalistic interface. You have all the necessary information and buttons to work with and if and only if you want to go deeper you'll have to face the more complex functions of the software.

I think that my favorite thing about Shotcut is how easy it is to create proxies for heavy videos. Similar software requires an additional encoder when with Shotcut it's a simple 3-5 step process. It's a must for who is starting out and feels like the popular software is either too expensive or too overwhelming.

Desvantagens

As you could probably expect Shotcut doesn't have some of the features of the higher end video editing software such as powerful color correction. Other than that I have no complaints. The software is really good and lightweight and even has a portable version.

Gerald Q.
  • Setor: Entretenimento

Fantastic Free Open Source Video Editor

Avaliado em 22/09/2019

So far I've had no problems with Shotcut. Since the amount of scene transitions is limited I find myself concentrating more on the quality of the scenes themselves instead of the transitions, which is a good thing. This program is perfect for those on a budget or for a beginner. If you can master Shotcut, you'll be in perfect shape to advance to a more expensive program later on. This will definitely teach you the basics for free before you decide to lay out your cash. All in all I'm very pleased with Shotcut, I highly recommend it.

Vantagens

You can't beat the price (Free!). This program gets the job done. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as expensive programs but it does plenty enough to do most basic projects. I've done numerous music videos and little comedy skits that I've uploaded to YouTube and they come out great. They look totally professional and the feedback I've gotten has been very positive. My action camera records in .mov format which is hard to edit with. I convert my raw files to .mp4 which makes editing much easier and I'm unable to discern any loss of video quality. All in all, Shotcut has been a great choice for me.

Desvantagens

Some of the functions aren't intuitive. It takes a little while to figure out how everything works. Also it's slow while it publishes your final work but if you're patient it's well worth the wait to save money. It lacks a variety of scene transitions that more expensive programs have but it does have the basics.

Software anterior

Razões para mudar para o Shotcut

I was looking at Filmora because I had used it in the past on someone else's computer. At the time I didn't have enough to buy Filmora and the free version wasn't going to allow me to finish the project I was working on. I came across Shotcut and decided to give it a try. I finished my project and many more. I keep telling myself that I'll upgrade when Shotcut can't do the job for me. Well that time hasn't come yet.
Arturo L.
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The free video editor that everyone should try out

Avaliado em 21/07/2021

Honestly to be free, this video editor makes you fulfill that dream of being a video editor for a major company or for some famous influencer, as it fully meets your expectations and can be somewhat confusing at first, but the truth is enough just to look at some video for beginners for this software, and you get used to the editor quickly, very satisfied and I see very few disadvantages to this software.

Vantagens

The advantages that this software has, are quite a few, since the more you go searching among the tools, the more you can get the most out of your video, I could consider it quite professional, since it has a very comfortable interface and you feel that you are doing a very good job for your personal projects and convert them even in studio quality videos, since when you finish your video, you can choose with any format for the type of social network to which you want to upload it. And all this for being free, I really highly recommend this video editor meets almost all your expectations, with settings to switch between the different layers you go making, your audio, video and photos. So you can give it an even more professional look.

Desvantagens

It could be that there are many tools, which can get confusing and thus take you some time to get used to the software format, another could be that, as we are talking about a professional video editor, obviously, this application will consume a lot of your computer, so I do recommend having about 8 GB of RAM, a good processor and maybe a good graphic card, to be able to support this application, because if you don't have space in the RAM or you don't have a good processor, the application becomes somewhat slow and it could even stop and quit, so take into account to be able to save your work before.

Cristhian josue J.
  • Setor: Design
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Shotcut, a lightweight and useful cross-platform video editor

Avaliado em 05/09/2021

Sometime I got to produce a visual series for an LP using this video editor, I was able to produce something visually appealing, but on occasions, I was limited by the features and tools of this software, Shotcut saved me when my PC couldn't handle powerful video editors and allowed me to design something that my clients ended up loving.

Sometimes we don't need to invest much money to captivate our clients.

Vantagens

What I like about Shotcut is that it is free and very light, few video editors bet on a multiplatform network that permits us to continue our project on any operating system, and this is the most looking thing about this software.

If what you're looking for is a video editor that leaves you to work on any PC, this is the right one, because just as you can work on a low-specs Windows, you can work on a Mac of previous generations.

Desvantagens

This video editor looks and works like an early version of any top video editor, if you miss windows movie maker, Shotcut is that limited and basic software that for some reason you're looking for.

The possibilities of making professional projects with this video editor are impossible, aspects like colorization or effects are so basic if not almost non-existent.

If you have the possibility to install a heavier video editor there are free alternatives that would be more useful.

Roshen D.
  • Setor: Jogos de computador
  • Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses

Shotcut: The Free Editor You Have Been Missing Out On

Avaliado em 11/02/2020

Overall, I think Shotcut is a great free video editor that anyone can use after a little bit of practice and through some of my testing I found out that it can even process some raw 8K footage from a camera we rented.

Vantagens

What I liked most about the software was that it had the features of a professional video editor such as Adobe Premiere Pro. It could also process 4K HDR 10 video at 120FPS which other video editors struggled to render these types of video formats. My favorite part about it is that it doesn't have an ANNOYING WATERMARK. Basically some of the other editors I tried showed a giant watermark across the screen that said the company name or it said Free Version but Shotcut has no watermark.

Desvantagens

Originally when my team picked this software for free I thought it was going to be easy to use but I thought wrong. But after a few days of learning I was using Shotcut in no time. I just think people should know that because it isn't easy to learn at the start doesn't mean you can't learn it.

Software anterior

Razões para mudar para o Shotcut

Once I used Filmora I thought it was a great software since it was easy to use and it was efficient. But there was a watermark. I was open to paying a little bit of money if it allowed us to edit our videos well but we also didn't make that many videos so we didn't want to pay a lot of money. But 59.99 is a ridiculous price and we need editing for two computer so I wasn't going to break the bank for Filmora
Michael A.
  • Setor: Instituições religiosas
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Great video editing but a steep learning curve

Avaliado em 25/06/2020

We have been used to doing "once and done" v instructional videos for a while now and that has worked well. When we decided we wanted to add more (graphics, multiple cameras, etc.) we began looking for a good yet inexpensive video editing software. Shotcut kept coming in near the top. It is not as user friendly as some yet it has enough features to do exactly what we need! I have had to do quite a bit of research on how to make Shotcut do what we need it to because the tutorials in the software are not user friendly. Overall it has been the best basic yet feature rich video editing software we have come across!

Vantagens

Shotcut is a great basic video editing software. For a basic user it is useful yet powerful. Using the basic setup I have been able to do all of the video editing of YouTube instructional videos without a hitch. It does not have an overabundance of features which is the best feature! It is not trying to do more than advertised.

Desvantagens

There is a steep learning curve as tutorials are not as helpful as they could be. I found myself searching YouTube for tutorials and How-To videos every time I wanted to do something new.

Danielle N.
  • Setor: Design

Get's the Job Done

Avaliado em 27/04/2021

Shotcut was great for starting to teach myself video editing. I was looking for an economical tool but didn't dare to hope for free. Then, a colleague highly recommended Shotcut, and I was very grateful for it.

Vantagens

When I was just starting out in video editing, the best thing about Shotcut was that it was free while still having the capacity to produce the results I was after. You can find plenty of tutorials on the Shotcut site and more on YouTube to help you get started.

It has handy keyboard shortcuts for the handful of basic functions that I used most often. Once you get into the habit of using them, they make editing quicker.

If you take the time to watch some tutorials, practice, and explore the features you realize that Shotcut is quite robust and full of possibilities for amazing results. I have even used it to make clips from a podcast which I could export a MP3 audio files.

Desvantagens

The text feature always seemed clunky and not intuitive to me.

The interface does not have an option for organizing your media into folders - it's just one long Playlist. But you can drag files around in the Playlist and group them by by file type or some other way that makes sense to you.

Craige hardel -.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Awsome and well put togeether

Avaliado em 18/10/2020

I used it for a couple of course videos and it handled well especially on linux. Surprised at what we were able to get and actually completely most of our workload on time

Vantagens

It's functional and does most of what you'd want from an editor. Cross platform as well

Desvantagens

lack greenscreen functionality. Struggled with slightly more advanced edits

DaVinci Resolve

Razões para mudar para o Shotcut

Simplier and less process intensive.
Gregg B.
  • Setor: Instituições religiosas
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Very good open source video editor

Avaliado em 01/03/2019

I was looking for a lightweight cross-platform video editing system for my laptop that could export easily to my more robust desktop editing platform and for basic edits and output for preview, and Shotcut will work well for this. I'm still undecided if it'll be a long term solution, but it is a surprisingly well thought out open source program that will fit many video editors' needs.

Vantagens

I'd like to start by saying Shotcut is a very good, multi-platform video editing solution. Even video editors with little to no experience will find the layout and usability of Shotcut to be appealing and usable. Import and organization of video files is straightforward and an array of basic editing tools will enable many users to complete high-quality video projects with little investment. Color grading and clip correction tools are surprisingly good for a free program. Another big plus is that it is lightweight, meaning it delivers a lot of power for a small program size and doesn't slow down real-time rendering trying to do too many other things.

Desvantagens

Again, Shotcut is a very good video editing solution - up to a point. Once your project gets more complex, the clip organization, preview speed and ability to integrate pre-set transitions and titles falls a little short. It'll get the job done, but other tools offer a more robust option.

Rahul P.
  • Setor: Petróleo e energia
  • Porte da empresa: 5.001-10.000 funcionários

Best opensource video editor for Linux , Windows and Mac

Avaliado em 08/05/2021

Pretty good and stable product on Linux but its not that stable in low end windows machines

Vantagens

Very User friendly interface.
All the list of keyboard shortcuts are available inside the app.
Hardware acceleration.
Completely free and opensource.
Stable on Linux and Mac.
Project autosaving feature is excellent. (Always save the file automatically even if app crashes)
Large amount of export formats.
Great amount of tutorials and great community.

Desvantagens

The windows version is not that stable i encountered some crashes when i open keyframe editing for video effects (Well i run on a 4GB Ram not the recommended requirements of the developer).
I found the app is not completely utilizing the ram on my windows version.

Heather B.
  • Setor: Música
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Best Free Video Editor for the Beginner!

Avaliado em 01/05/2020

Wonderful! At times a bit frustrating with the lag and sometimes overwhelming with the amount of options, especially when you have no idea what you're doing. BUT! There are a ton of free videos and tutorials both on Shotcut's website, as well as YouTube tutorials from users, and they're fantastic. You can use them as a tutorial to learn the software and the feature you want to use, and keep them bookmarked for references. But I admit, the 4K export option (while it can take a LONG time, depending on the length of your video) makes it incredibly worthwhile, especially if your exporting in a format to upload to YouTube. Definitely recommend for the beginning video editor!

Vantagens

1) This software is free to use with no watermarks or weird annoying ads. 2) It's fantastic for the beginning video editor. 3) Works perfectly on a PC where as I think most of the better video editors have been designed for Macs (personal opinion) 4) Allows you export in a large number of different formats, including YouTube in 4K resolution 5) So many options and features, it's almost overwhelming! 6) Fantastic interface!

Desvantagens

If you're running other programs or working on a very big project, this can eat up your computer memory, causing lagging and freezing. Highly recommended to close all other programs before opening up Shotcut and using a computer or laptop with a fast processor. You can make due without it, but once you add any transitions or layers, it'll start freezing. The preview feature so you can see what you've already done can also be a bit slow and glitchy... Imagine skipping one frame out of every three frames. However, it does NOT export this way. I have no experience with other video editors, so I'm not sure if that's a common theme among them.

Olivia B.
  • Setor: Pesquisa de mercado
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

free video editing

Avaliado em 05/09/2019

Simple to use, free video editing software which gives you great quality outputs, but may take a while to fully understand and learn the features available.

Vantagens

Shotcut has some great features and is quite simple to use, best of all you get all of this for free. I use it to create video montages from recordings of respondent interviews. It allows me to cut long videos, and group together multiple clips. It also has the option to add in many fade out / fade in options and effects. the options to export from he playlist or the timeline are very useful and the video outputs are high quality

Desvantagens

I had to search online for a while to work out how to export individual clips rather than the whole timeline, it would have been preferable if this was clearer as when i first started using this software I wasted a lot of time. the software can also freeze occasionally, but this is somewhat to be expected with the sizes of the files used.

Sashana B.
  • Setor: Cosmético
  • Usado Outro durante 1 a 5 meses

Great Video Editor!

Avaliado em 26/11/2020

Shotcut is a great video editor for anyone, especially persons who don't want to spend an arm and a leg on an editor. I would definitely recommend it.

Vantagens

This is a great video editor and it's free! I am a freelance makeup artist and I occasionally do tutorials on Instagram to promote my business. A friend of mine recommended I use Shotcut to edit my videos and I have not regretted taking her advice. Shotcut is a great video editor. It has all the basics for a video editor (cut, delete, overlay, text, zoom, etc.) and more. It has great features, a unique interface and definitely gets the job done to my satisfaction. I have not found myself spending any extra time editing than would normally be expected and only had a few hiccups. So, I would say it's pretty efficient.

Desvantagens

Shotcut isn't the most user friendly video editor out there. While there are labels, I still found myself having to search thoroughly for the things I wanted to find and, at some points, I have had to consult Youtube videos for assistance. Also, the interface is really simple; simple to the point of looking bland, but this software definitely gets the job done. I would really love if there was a workable green screen option on Shotcut. This is a feature that I look for in video editors and while editing, I really missed it.

Syed R.
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Shotcut-'is a dynamic tool with lots of features to create professional videos'

Avaliado em 21/09/2020

My overall experience with Shotcut is very good. You can be a dynamic creator with Shotcut. I would say I like to use this tool.

Vantagens

I am using Shotcut to edit videos and I absolutely enjoy it when I work with it. Video editing became very interesting because shotcut because the stock is full of lots of features. I like the fact that Shocut is an easy application to create stunning videos for various purposes. This tool allows the beginners to create the amazing design free and the resolution is very good. As much as you use it you can discover more about the tool.

Desvantagens

I think to create a perfect video you need to go through the tutorials which is time-consuming. I also observed too much functionality sometimes confusing for beginners.

Tabish P.
  • Setor: Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

The Best Free Video Editor that beats Primer pro

Avaliado em 21/02/2020

Vantagens

-The Free and easy to use Ui helps a lot if you are student. Or any one which is just entering the digital video editing career.

- the ablitiy to edit 8k footage is still not available

Kenneth B.
  • Setor: Design gráfico
  • Porte da empresa: 10.000+ funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

A great software to achieve quality video editing.

Avaliado em 04/06/2019

Vantagens

The software is free and open source meaning there's a community always improving this software.The interface is professional looking and provides high quality videos upon exporting.it has a lot of features such as chroma key that make green screen editing accesible and more convenient.it simple and has a sleek design and is a very easy to use software.

Desvantagens

I have never experienced any issues using this software whatsoever it runs smoothly on my pc and laptop and have never experience any inconvenience when using this software

Michael T.
  • Setor: Telecomunicações
  • Porte da empresa: 10.000+ funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

In the right hands Shotcut is as good as any video editing software

Avaliado em 09/04/2018

I use Shotcut every week, and sometimes multiple times a week to edit my drone footage. I does as well as Adobe Premiere for zero cost.

Vantagens

Shotcut is free, and that is an excellent feature, but what I like best about it is that being open source, it has people working on it that actually care about the project and want it to be an excellent video editor.....which it is! I use it to edit my drone footage every week.

Desvantagens

Some of the earlier versions of Shotcut were buggy, but I have not had this issue in a very long while.

Tyler T.
  • Setor: Entretenimento
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Best open source video editor

Avaliado em 15/04/2018

Able to edit videos quickly. Able to create videos from images. Able to screen record gaming videos.

Vantagens

It's free! Shotcut being free doesn't mean that it is low quality though. There is a huge community that supports it, and continually work to make it better and add more features. The most useful feature to me is the the drag and drop, I can literally make a video in just a couple minutes if I need to upload something quickly but it has tons of powerful features that I can use if I need to make a higher quality video.

Desvantagens

Nothing really to complain about now. Some of the older versions had issues with dragging to the timeline, but this was fixed a few updates ago.

John H.
  • Setor: E-Learning
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

A perfect evolution from Movie Maker

Avaliado em 16/08/2018

Vantagens

As Windows Movie Maker has now discontinued, Shotcut provides a great alternative for video editing without a cost.

The interface is intuitive and the functions are easy to get used to quickly.

Desvantagens

This does provide a basic video editing service and so if you are wanting to have more effects/functionality then you will be best going for Adobe Premiere Pro. But for a free solution, it works great.

Brian L.
  • Setor: Mídia digital
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

My Shotcut Review

Avaliado em 26/06/2019

My experience with this program has been great. I have tried other free programs and this one i s a whole lot easier to use and it has mostly all of the same options

Vantagens

It is a very simple program to use. There are plenty of options to choose from and it has the same options that most bigger programs have. It is free to use

Desvantagens

The only con i have with this program is the font selection

Christopher A.
  • Setor: Lácteos
  • Usado Semanal durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Fast and professional, ShotCut makes me look good

Avaliado em 17/04/2020

I had to quickly learn to work with video for story time and craft programs our community center was going to begin posting on their Facebook page. With ShotCut I was spinning out video in just a couple of days practice and my editing became more advance each time I used it. By the looks of what it has to offer it will be a long time before I master ShotCut but I was quickly making quality programs with attractive special effects.

Vantagens

I appreciate the ease of operation, particularity for first time users. I began using ShotCut almost daily for two week and Every time I use the program I learn something new and it seems the abilities of ShotCut would satisfy even the seasoned professional editor.

Desvantagens

This is the first video editor I have used, so I have nothing to compare it to. Fortunately, I chose ShotCut because of the free version without any strings attached and was lucky to have picked a program that is simple and vast with what it offers.

Michael j N.
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Supports me video editing needs

Avaliado em 20/12/2019

I can edit recorded video or make my own video presentations with custom audio soundtrack. The software has been improving consistently when new versions are released.

Vantagens

The Timeline has been getting easier and more functional with drag and drop ease and the next version is supposed to support moving multiple clips at the same time. FFMPEG provides compatibility with almost every video format. Supports 4K video!

Desvantagens

Crashes occasionally when moving audio or playing with the timeline. This has improved with recent versions and there are tricks you can do to improve stability.

Zackery M.
  • Setor: Automotivo
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Made video editing a breeze

Avaliado em 18/02/2020

We were able to speed up the process of trouble shooting and making training videos for my employees. I am able to record a problem and edit the video to demonstrate how to effectively troubleshoot a problem.

Vantagens

The ease of use is what i like most about his software. What used to take me hours i can now do in a fraction of the time. The ease of importing videos directly to the timeline has really helped out.

Desvantagens

Instructions are not the most clear as far as changing properties, and added different effects to a project

Kymahn C.
  • Setor: Jogos de computador

My Shotcut Review

Avaliado em 03/03/2020

You should definitely use shotcut and thank me later!

Vantagens

Shotcut is like a free version to Filmora!
Shotcut is an AMAZING VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE!..But it is mostly for Youtube, Facebook and home video projects which is still Fire(Good)
User interface is simple and it is very easy to navigate around!
Features are fire(GOOD!)..I love the hardware support feature!
Shotcut exports videos in HD and higher quality which is awsome!

Desvantagens

Shotcut is a bit laggy app and I think it needs performance improvements patches...But it does not occur all the time it is only like 1 out of 5 percent of the time!
And u still get amazing quality!

Krishnan R.
  • Setor: Telecomunicações
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

Shotcut - Cuts off your time to create a video

Avaliado em 31/10/2019

short learning curve
and the experience was good when I had to create a video with subtitles embedded in the video.

Vantagens

- Videomaker provides various transitions and effects to include in your video
- A plethora of export options to explore
- It is free for most of the features
- Can import images, audio, video and arrange in sequence with various effects and transitions to make your video a professional.

Desvantagens

- The popup button hep timing is very low. The help popup disappears before we could read and comprehend.
- A voice base commands interpreter like a directors voice could be helpful for accessibility