TaxDome

Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

(2 319)
Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

2319 avaliações

Jennifer

Worth the learning curve

Avaliado em 29/03/2022

TaxDome is worth the learning curve. It is going to be very powerful in my business. Even if I don't use every feature they offer, the ones I'm already using have already made the switch worth it.

Vantagens

Having a very secure signature feature was the biggest thing. I also like the chat function that includes giving the clients tasks and a to-do list.

Desvantagens

There is absolutely a learning curve. I have not done the white glove onboarding yet, so they may help with that, but I am a tech savvy person who loves to learn new software, and I have not found the layout intuitive.

I also wish there was a way to do more scheduled sends/uploads. But my clients will just learn that I sometimes work very odd hours (even if I won't respond to their emails at those times)

Dubsado

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Dubsado does not have a secure signature feature and no audit trail. I am not convinced that a contract signed there would hold up in a court if something went wrong.

Dubsado

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

I wanted to have a secure way to receive signatures and the other products I looked at did not have secure signatures

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Jennifer, your feedback is valuable to us.

Our suggestion is to definitely book onboarding sessions with our specialists as they could certainly help speed up the learning process.

Our support is completely free and unlimited, and you can book a training session whenever you want simply by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Austin

Great features, great price

Avaliado em 06/08/2022

The interface is a little confusing for me, but I think that will not be the case when I have everything up and running the way I want.

I also think if you get permissions set up right for your staff, their interface would be simpler

Vantagens

Before I got licensed, I was using Canopy. When I rebranded my business, I decided to rebuild my tech stack from the ground up.

TaxDome comes in at about 1/3 of the price of Canopy for me (I didn't even have all their features), and it has more functionality. The workflow interface is a Kanban-style board that lets you visualize where products are, and I find it much easier to review that Canopy, where they are just all lumped together as "tasks".

Desvantagens

TaxDome takes a LONG time to get setup . . . but that's because there are so many great features, and it is to your advantage to use them all together. Be prepared to invest significant time crafting your templates, building your organizers, and planning your workflows ("pipelines" in TaxDome).

However, if you do take the time to set these up (there is an online course that walks you through it, and they offer a video-conference onboarding session) I think you'll be thrilled with the results.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Austin, your feedback is valuable to us. Feel free to reach out to us through chat, email or book a screen share session by clicking the ''Blue Help Icon (?) > 1:1 Training'' on the upper right corner of your TaxDome Portal. Support is free and unlimited.

Jeremiah
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

New User-initial thoughts

Avaliado em 09/09/2022

I am just getting used to the software, but it seems to be a good system

Vantagens

The software is all-inclusive for a CPA practice.

Desvantagens

The system is complex with all of its features, so understanding what the information means to a new user is difficult. They have a lot of videos to help, but nothing really beats person-to-person.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Jeremiah. Your feedback is valuable to us.

You already mentioned that TaxDome is a complex all-in-one software. We have hundreds of features, and it may take some time to learn about all of them, but we give our best to help our subscribers, and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible.
We have free and unlimited support, and highly recommend scheduling at least one session so that our representatives can walk you through, and assist with the setup. We also have a lot of learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

If there is anything that we can do for you, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.

Miata

Best Practice Management for Accountants

Avaliado em 27/05/2022

Vantagens

The in-app document management, file storage, and client portal features make client collaboration simple.

Desvantagens

I'd like to be able to start a new timer from the task itself or the app header menu. Syncing stripe invoices and subscriptions with contacts based on their email address. Adding an email address to an account record.

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

We needed a solution that provided a client portal, had excellent project and task management for internal users, and allowed us to add custom fields for contact and account records unique to our business.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

We have tested a few other platforms but each lacked a key feature we were seeking. We also were not interested in running two platforms at the same time.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the review, Miata. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Our team is constantly working on new features, and updates. We also have a Feature Request Board for our paid subscribers where feature requests can be made, and requests other firms made can be upvoted. The requests with the most upvotes get prioritized.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Krystopher

Embracing technology and taxdome

Avaliado em 30/08/2022

Its been great so far. Customer service is very helpful in getting all our client data pulled over, and showing us set up

Vantagens

I really like this project manager software because its catered to a small tax preparation/accounting office. I am shrinking from using about 5 different apps, down to just my tax software and TaxDome (billing, document management, DocuSign). I am still new to TaxDome, but look forward to learning more about the various customizations that we can do.

Desvantagens

My only hesitancy was that the gross revenue for the practice was accessible to all users, rather than just the admin account. I'm all for transparency, but that was one of the features I thought only works for sole owner offices.

Canopy e Karbon

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Customized to Accountants and had other services like signing abilities, client portals, and invoicing.

monday.com

Unlimited features

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Krystopher. Your feedback is valuable to us.

It is great to hear that you are happy with TaxDome.
As for the revenue, while admins can see the total revenue, team members can see only their own statistics on the invoices assigned to them. They won't see the gross revenue. You can have a look here for this: https://help.taxdome.com/article/103-using-your-dashboard#1

If you have any further questions, or need assistance with anything, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Brandon
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Automation, Billing, Communications, Invoicing and Docs under one roof!

Avaliado em 13/09/2022

Vantagens

Working with automations has relieved a lot of work in our practice.

Desvantagens

When we review docs to work, we rename them. We previously used the browser but it was taking too long to rename, click save and move forward to the next.

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

It was a new product and my business partner chose it.

Canopy e Liscio

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

I switched with TD because of the onboarding feature to pull clients off my website.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Hi Brandon, thank you for your feedback! It's valuable to us.
You have the ability to preview docs and by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner to access the pop-up menu that allows you to edit them. To learn more about managing your documents, go here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/233-how-to-edit-download-print-filter-documents#2

Ronda

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Purchased Tax Dome before the trail period was up.

Avaliado em 26/08/2022

The business problems we are solving is a communication process with our clients.

Vantagens

The most impactful feature for our firm was the email integration. We have been looking for a way to be able to communicated with our clients and a place to be able to see all conversation.

Desvantagens

Currently, we are in the process of moving all our documents from Onvio to Tax Dome. We are not sure what the best way would be to move the documentation.

Canopy, Karbon e Firm360

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Cost, email sync, clients having issues logging into Onvio, staff having latency issues with Onvio on a daily basis.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Was more robust and had the items we were looking for.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Ronda. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy to hear that you like the email integration. It keeps you organized, and you have all client-related emails in one place, which saves time and clicks.

As for the document transfer, the easiest way is to download our desktop app, and then use the TaxDome drive. You can easily drag and drop the documents to the client folder that you will find on the TaxDome drive. Everything will be synced immediately, and as soon as you drop files or folders to the drive, you will be able to view them in your TaxDome portal as well.
Please have a look here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/148-the-taxdome-desktop-applications-windows-macos

If you have any questions, please reach out to us. You can reach us via chat and email, or schedule screen-sharing session.

Avaliador Verificado

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Best multipurpose option out there for tax & accounting firms

Avaliado em 12/08/2022

Vantagens

So many tools are housed in one program. It was impossible to find everything I needed in one set-up but TaxDome has so many features and sync options that it is perfect!

Desvantagens

The trial version is very limited and you are required to purchase a year up front.

Canopy, Intuit Practice Management e Karbon

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Karbon has a singular option for the same price as TaxDome whereas TaxDome has payment processing, signature capture, CRM, etc...

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

The best price for the amount of features it has and I don't have to add too many additional products from outside services

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you! Your feedback is valuable. To request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Donna

User friendly

Avaliado em 07/09/2022

We moved from SV to Tax Dome and it has been a smooth and much easier transistion then we thought.

Vantagens

It has been easy to navigate and customer service has been top notch.

Desvantagens

I wish all of the Smartvault documents would pull over instead of doing each client. I am also hopeful that Square and tax dome will partner soon.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Donna. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy to hear that you love our software and our team.
Currently, the easiest way is to transfer the folders with documents is to drag them to the client's folder in the TaxDome drive.
We would like you to know that we are always working on improving the software. We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests can be upvoted. I would like to refer you to our board so that you can submit a request regarding SmartVault transfers, and partnerships.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything else, please let us know. We will

Janet

Great Start

Avaliado em 04/08/2022

Customer service has been excellent. Readily available to answer all of our questions.

Vantagens

The automated work flow for the team was helpful.

Desvantagens

The calendar integration seemed to be lacking.

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

It was lacking in customer service and the product was subpar.

Canopy

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you Janet. Your feedback is valuable to us. TaxDome Calendar feature is already in progress and will be coming soon. Please feel free to reach to us if you need further assistance. Our Support is free and unlimited.

Lloyd

Reasonably Priced and Tremendous Power

Avaliado em 14/07/2022

Vantagens

The workflow management tools are far superior to other software we used and the customer support team is excellent.

Desvantagens

I consider myself well-versed in software and found that TaxDome was a bit overwhelming at first due to some nomenclature barriers: e.g. contacts vs. accounts; pipelines vs. jobs vs. tasks and the related templates. The UI is also a bit clunky and a bit dated.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Lloyd. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We understand that, due to the numerous features we have, our software can be overwhelming at the beginning. To make it as easy as possible for our subscribers, we have free and unlimited support.

If you need assistance with anything, you can reach us via chat and email or schedule screen-sharing sessions so that we can walk you through the setup and features. We also have a database with help articles, a TaxDome Youtube channel with tutorials, and TaxDome Academy with different courses.

As for the document loss in Canopy, we have no such issues in TaxDome. The TaxDome drive is virtual, and you can access all the documents as long as you are logged to the desktop app and have a connection. You also can access the documents directly from the drive and edit them, without going through the download-edit-upload process.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Tyler

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

Avaliado em 08/07/2022

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Vantagens

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Desvantagens

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon e Ignition

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Have a wonderful day.

Catherine

This Is A Game Changer Software For Accountants and Tax Preparers

Avaliado em 06/07/2022

It is a wonderful software. But it was a challenge learning the software. Not that it was difficult, but that there are so many options and things to learn in order to use the software to its full potential. I honestly don't think, in our office, we are utilizing it fully yet.

Vantagens

The most impactful part of this software is hard to say. There are so many parts of this software that makes it truly stand out from other software.

1. They are up to making ONGOING improvements to the software. They have an area called "Feature Requests" and everyone who uses their software can document a request they would like to have. Then everyone can review those feature requests and vote up the request if they think it is valuable. The more up-votes the more likely we will see that feature be incorporated into the software. Oh, and we get emails on the new features. We have gotten numerous changes and improvements because of those feature requests. The Tax Dome team really is outstanding for listening and implementing what their customers want. In May alone there were over 25+ new features!

2. I have to absolutely mention that this software allows for seasonal employees. That was HUGE for us! We have an additional 7 individual tax preparers during tax season that in only for tax season.

3. The automatic message reminders to clients, that will remind them again and again until they get you the information you request.

4. You can create your own custom templates to exactly fit your business needs.
I could list more, but you would be reading all day.

Desvantagens

Yes, it is a Pro and a Con. We found there were changes being made to the software during tax season that made it very hard to deal with.
They should only fix the bugs during tax season unless it was something that makes the change an immediate necessity.

I personally don't like the kanban setup. I would like to see the option of an asana or jetpack setup instead. To have that option would be huge. Now that I think of it, I'm going to add that as a feature request. Lol.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you very much, Catherine. Your detailed feedback is very valuable to us.

We are happy that you like our Feature Request Board. Our subscribers' satisfaction is crucial to us, and we love when we get requests first-hand from our customers. There are always great ideas, and we can see which features are the most requested ones, and take a step toward development and implementation.

Since we are very excited about every update, we can't wait to share it with our subscribers. Thank you for letting us know that the timing is not always perfect. We will take this into consideration.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anythng, please let us know.

Have a wonderful day.

Christina

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

TaxDome appears to be everything we have been missing in our firm!

Avaliado em 19/05/2022

We are seeing that TaxDome will help remove some bottlenecks in our firm. I also have already seen in the short time that we have used TaxDome that they reinvest in their software and are constantly looking at community requests for upgrades and spend time to develop those things.
Their customer service seems to be top-notch so far, and they will have meetings with their users as much as needed.

Vantagens

We are transitioning to TaxDome from another software, and we love that TaxDome integrates our email into the client dashboard. No matter who received the email it will display for every team member and work is no longer going to be bottlenecked until the individual receiving the email can get to it.

We haven't been able to build out our workflows fully yet, but this is already a major upgrade from our current software.

Desvantagens

Our prior software provided a discounted rate for contractors because they saw that seasonal contractors are not using it all day, every day. TaxDome doesn't have this feature making the use of it way more costly than other competitors.

Asana

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

The prior software just didn't fit our needs anymore as we were growing too fast in comparison to the features they have. The old software is a great option for those wishing to have a small firm or only have one or two people working within a firm. It just was no longer a fit for our needs as we grew.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

TaxDome was able to take our current CRM system (Liscio) that we paired with ClickUp for internal tasks and allows us to combine the two software platforms. This will help with efficiency within our firm. Also, TaxDome allows any team member to view communications that are sent to just my email and act on the requests. This is stress-relieving in itself, as everything was still falling onto just my shoulders to process, regardless of how much I tried to delegate to our team.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the feedback Christina. We appreciate it. As long as you have one annual subscription, you can subscribe to our monthly subscription for your seasonal members. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/187-taxdome-pricing-faq#1 . Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Dale

Great for small practices

Avaliado em 05/02/2022

For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time:

- Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general

The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly.

Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

Vantagens

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

Desvantagens

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't.

Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area.

The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

HoneyBook e SuiteDash

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

I spent a lot of time (probably 16 hours) in other software white labeling and setting up only to find barriers along the way. TD has its flaws but it's best value for the money and the easiest to setup of the ones I looked at. Oh... and it's made for accountants.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us.

We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Shabbir

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Mostly great platform that has a lot to offer

Avaliado em 04/02/2022

Overall, I've had a great experience so far (though it's only been a couple weeks). However, a few frustrating roadblocks have soured things a little. Without a doubt, the platform solves far more problems than it creates or misses the mark on. I think that by next season, with automations properly set up and some procedures fine-tuned based on my experiences this year, it will be a much smoother process, especially after discovering workarounds for the things that TaxDome cannot do as one would expect.

Vantagens

The integrated and customizable organizers are pretty great. The logic aspect of them means you can make one master organizer to handle all 1040s instead of having to create different ones for different people or new clients vs existing ones. Within this master organizer, only the relevant questions show based on your clients' answers, so they aren't bombarded with 200 questions irrelevant to their tax situations. The automations also have the potential to save a lot of time and take care of client communication that you wouldn't normally do (eg. status updates) but make the client feel more engaged and seen.

Desvantagens

The file uploader on the website is frustrating for clients to use. You should be able to choose the folder you want to upload files into instead of them all going to the root directory automatically. If someone is an above-average computer user, they'll be fine figuring out the extra steps to upload files then select and move them to the correct place, but I'd expect TaxDome to have made this more user-friendly with the goal of the platform being simplicity. It would also be nice to be able to change things like an organizer after it has been deployed to clients, but that cannot be done. If you send another organizer to cover the things missed, it sends another notification and email to the clients. In my experience, if you bombard anyone with multiple emails or notifications, they will inevitably block or ignore them, which then detracts heavily from the system.

Canopy Software, Liscio e Karbon

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Shabbir. Your feedback is valuable to us.
The clients can actually upload files to any folder with clients can view and edit privacy level. To do so, they will just have to drag and drop the document from their computer to the folder in TaxDome. However, using the Upload document button will allow them just to upload the documents to the Client's Uploaded Documents folder.

There is a request on our Feature Request Board for this, and also for the organizer.
Please take a look here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need
For the email notification, you can turn them off as well.

oralia
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

excellence

Avaliado em 18/01/2022

I have used simliar software and this is by far easier more effective and moderately priced

Vantagens

Easy and functional great service and works with my preferred tax software

Desvantagens

customer service, is not what I would prefer had trouble reaching and interacting with representative who called me back.

Teamwork e Wave Accounting

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Did not use enough, not cost effective

Canopy Software

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

it is integrated with software

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Name, your feedback is valuable to us.

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help. Also, we wanted to let you know that you can book a training session any time by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal. Our support is completely free and unlimited.

Lynn
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

Lynco Review of Tax Dome

Avaliado em 17/01/2022

I have found their tech support technicians to be very responsive. They have a good deal of reference articles. It's like every new program, there's a lot to learn and you have to invest the time.

Vantagens

That it is designed specifically for tax practices

Desvantagens

There is so much to learn and knowing exactly where to start is a real challenge. The fact that you have only one option to automate in bulk (upon uploading the customer list during import) is a scary process. If something goes wrong, I have a lot of unhappy clients. If I don't make the decision at the beginning, there's no option to do in bulk later. This does not seem practical for a new user. Bulk functions should be available at any time in the process.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Lynn. Your feedback is valuable to us.

To make the learning process faster and easier, we offer screen-sharing sessions. Our specialists explain the features and provide answers to your questions.

Expanding the bulk actions feature is something that we work on. We have a Feature Request Board for paying customers, and there are many requests regarding the bulk actions.

If you wish you can have a look here for how to request or upvote a feature:

Lynnorra

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

Avaliado em 12/01/2022

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Vantagens

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Desvantagens

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado e HubSpot CRM

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Braddock
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

Great Value for all the Features

Avaliado em 30/12/2021

TaxDome is still new, but so far the experience has been excellent. We have our first client jobs in the pipelines and we're very happy so far. The workflow setup is a work in progress to be refined and improved as we go along. We found the TaxDome online documentation and videos to be very helpful.

Vantagens

We wanted a core platform for virtual tax preparation. The shortest technology stack the better. Our main tax preparation software is great at tax preparation, but were looking for something that could do all the rest. We did trials of a few names, but TaxDome stood out from the beginning. We liked the flexibility and customization available throughout TaxDome, particularly in the templates for almost every customer touch point. We liked the free eSignatures and the reasonably priced KBA. We liked the integrated payments and the ability to link invoices and documents approvals to workflow automation. We liked the ability to create a client self-onboarding environment. We liked the ability to customize a fairly sophisticated initial information intake (ie online tax organizer) through the conditional question building tools provided. Overall, what we liked the most is the value for what you get with TaxDome.

Desvantagens

There is a learning curve around the automation functions, and getting used to the TaxDome nomenclature around jobs, piplines, and tasks. Setting up your workflow can be time-consuming, especially if you're a perfectionist with your templates, etc. We wish some of the system generated messages were templated/configurable. There is some awkward writing/verbiage here and there within the program. We wish there was a configurable default template for client notification preferences. We didn't like the non-customizable invoice or that there's nothing really to print or save PDF for a client. It's more a payment prompt than an invoice. We like the ability to move/drag/save files outside of TaxDome (ex: from the file structure of our main tax preparation software) into TaxDome, but we wish there was an auto-sync like other local drive to cloud drive services.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Value, customization, automation, mobile-friendly development

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Braddock. We highly appreciate it.

The setup can be time-consuming, but to assist you the best we can, and make the learning process faster and smoother, we offer onboarding sessions with screen-sharing and live support via chat and email.
As for the modification of the system-generated messages, there already are requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote.
The opinions of our subscribers are most valuable, and we are trying to improve our software according to the requests.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We will be happy to assist you.

Melissa

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Taking your tax practice into the future - virtually

Avaliado em 13/12/2021

Even after the trial period with TaxDome, I had a false idea it would be so easy to set it up and have it take over so much. Spoiler: You have to do a lot of setup to make it that way. BUT, once the setup is complete, it's personalized to your brand. And it speeds up the whole process. And the cost savings - excellent. As an industry, we drag our feet with new changes. Going virtual has had many challenges. But, TaxDome is doing an excellent job of managing some of the big ones.

Vantagens

What sold me on TaxDome initially, was the secure portal and the signature capability for my clients. When I ran the numbers (because if you're reading this, you have run the numbers) the savings was substantial. What has kept me on, is the fact that I can print my documents straight into my client folders - huge time saver. And the pipelines I'm learning to use. I can see how it will make things more efficient and at the same time, provide bettter service for my clients.

Desvantagens

I feel like the there should be a better displayed to do list or calendar of due dates. I'm currently (but keep in mind, I'm still learning how to use pipelines and tasks and jobs) keeping a list of tasks and returns and projects on excel.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you very much, Melissa. Your feedback is much appreciated.

The setup can take some time, but to cut the time you would have to spend, you can always book an onboarding session, so that our team can assist you, and provide further explanations if needed.

For the to-do list and calendar, there already are feature requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote the ones you would like to have. Naturally, we can not develop all requested features, only the feature requests with the most votes get on our roadmap.

Taylor
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

The Software We Knew, Gone

Avaliado em 10/12/2021

The very first feature that needs to be complimented in this software is their product development teams and their customer service. I was attracted to Taxdome's features like anyone else would be when looking at it from almost two years ago. Once I was a customer of theirs though and could see the effort they put into answering their customers on Facebook and communicating when something is broken, getting community feedback and votes to decide the next project, and using open community testers for new features. THEN you have this beautifully designed and functional while simple to use software that has completely changed my firm into what I was trying to use ClickUp and four or five other software to accomplish what I can do today by simply sitting down and logging in to one software. It gets better, there are community-voted features and requests getting completed almost weekly so it's not even the same software it was when we started.

Vantagens

- Project Management, the way accountants, need it to be.
- Phenomenal portal and client management
- They have the best pipe designers and pipe layers and just great, great pipes
- Document mark-up in the client portal
- E-signature and KBA is awesome!

Desvantagens

- It's complex, but it's manageable
- Invoicing could use some love
- Shortcodes --- I could soapbox about why shortcodes are available in some screens and not others, or why the shortcodes are so limited, but I'm not going to....
- Little to no integration with Zapier, it's there, but it's far from developed

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Taylor. Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are happy to have such detailed feedback because the needs and opinions of our customers are very important to us.

We are continuously working on the improvement of our software and its features.
We have been working on updating the shortcodes, we also have ongoing plans for the invoice feature and the Zapier integration since there was some feature request.

We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers. Please feel free to request the features you would find useful, and you also can upvote already existing requests posted by other firms.

Patrice

Just The Tool Needed to Help My Virtual Firm Scale to that Next Level

Avaliado em 22/11/2021

I am looking for a streamline process where I can see the flow as to how things move in my virtual accounting and taxation firm and this will allow me to do that while automating workflows. That alone will save me so much time as I put this together.

Vantagens

Currently I am only going to be using a few of the options that are in the software and am going to transition my clients into using more of the software over the next year. My primary thing that I am looking for is using the CRM, Email and Automated Workflow Options. Oh yeah the unlimited e-signatures is a plus, because I have been going back and forth in between systems and this has been costing my time. I love the fact that I will be able to just come into one system, and watch the workflows go and clearly be able to know when clients AND prospects have done what I need them to do. I want to know as much about client needs before that initial touch point and I know that this is the tool that my firm needs to be able to do just that as we scale.

Desvantagens

Honestly I couldn't locate the webinars easily. I am not saying that I wanted to avoid the Demos, but I would love to have know where the webinars were located sooner so that I could watch the videos since I signed up on a weekend.

Dubsado, Zoho CRM e HubSpot CRM

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

I am looking to streamline my processes and procedures. I currently use Clientwhys as my website, marketing, and portal, but I need a better clearer view and I need the ability to actually automate workflows all in one location.

Adobe Acrobat Sign e Trello

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for that amazing feedback Patrice. You can check our webinars on this link http://taxdome.com/webinars and our Youtube Academy. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Maria

Time saver

Avaliado em 12/11/2021

I like it so far, and the functionalities are going to save me time. There is a learning curve though. I have been watching videos, attending webinars, etc. I think that when everything is set up is going to be great.

Vantagens

The ability to create automation for some processes and that is going to save time so I will be able to help more clients and give them more attention. The hub that integrates website, client portal, invoice management, engagement letter, Tax Organizers, e-signature all at an affordable price.

Desvantagens

I had some issues with the client database import (due to my CSV file configuration, so no TD fault), I had to manually create contacts (spouses), and fill out client information, which was time consuming. I think that there is a learning curve for all the functionalities (and because I am new to this). Although the unlimited support is very handy, I like to do things myself to understand how it works.

Canopy Software

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

SmartVault discontinued the plan I was subscribing to, and the price was going to tripled. I was already thinking about getting some automation to manage my business, and this pushed me to TD.

SmartVault, Weebly e Encyro

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

I didn't even looked at Canopy, because some people at a tax professionals group in Facebook spoke highly of TD.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Hi Maria, thank you for the review. We appreciate it. We understand that you're still trying to learn everything, please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Again, our support is free and unlimited.

Will
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Great customer service and great development team with Taxdome

Avaliado em 21/10/2021

It's been easy to onboard our users and we've enjoyed our experiences so far.

Vantagens

Your development team and customer support has been great to work with. Where the company is notably still developing, the support team is incredibly receptive to feedback and really supportive in onboarding and migrating users. Some of the best support I've seen.

Additionally the document management system, attaching invoices to documents and the client portal shows signs that your teams have been able to capture many of the industries pain points. It gives me faith in your development team that you all will be able to continue to build out great features.

Desvantagens

The UI is clunky. There are other ways to structure the platform to be more functional that I think would be generally more efficient and there are some errors that could be worked through with a few UI specialists. I'd reach out to some of your younger practice users/technology driven ones and doing some video sessions having them do a walkthrough of their working day and have them talk about some of the UI problems.

The user permissions are tough I appreciate that they can be toggled but The direct message feature should be able to be toggled as well.

I'd also love a direct payroll provider integration such as ADP. Because you all are doing full practice management with a time tracking feature. A great function would be to build out a payroll integration so that firm owners could easily run payroll for their employees.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you so much for the nice feedback, Will! We highly appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. We have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.