TaxDome

Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

(1.566)
Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app

1566 opções de software

Mark S.

Terrific Product That Understands How Accountants and Tax Preparers Work

Avaliado em 09/06/2021

Vantagens

This product is focused on its customer base. It is not trying to be all things to all industries. The developers understand how accountants and tax preparers work. Even in the short time I have been a client, there is a strong development effort to make the product better and more useful. Customer vote on what improvements they want to see added to the program and TaxDome provides a roadmap on what features are being developed and when they will be implemented. TaxDome's culture is focused on customer service.

Desvantagens

It is clear that TaxDome has done a good job of integrating CRM, document storage, e-signatures, and client communications. As a browser-based solution, it suffers from all the problems that products that work over the Internet have. Whenever I have problems it is hard to know whether it is my internet connection, the number of browser screens open, or something with TaxDome and its servers. I do know it is as good as my previous broswer-based CRM and its speed is comparable to QuickBooks Online.

I would like the email and message templates to be better. Currently, you can't use fields in the contact records within emails to make them more client-friendly. Also, the invoicing features need improvement. The amount of information that can be included in an invoice is limited and I provide my clients with a line item invoice to show why their tax returns cost what they do.

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the feedback. This is what helps us improve TaxDome. The ability to add more short codes (add data from existing contact records) is currently in development (you can upvote the existing request we have here so you'll be notified of its progress: https://feedback.taxdome.com/feature-requests/p/shortcodes-in-communication-with-the-client-emails ) and we recently rolled out Services to itemize your invoices in TaxDome so clients can see exactly what they're paying for: https://help.taxdome.com/article/393-services

Russell B.

The unbelievably affordable Swiss Army knife for my practice

Avaliado em 26/05/2021

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Vantagens

Their all in one approach, and their incredible ongoing commitment to future improvements, all for a staggeringly low price.

Their pipeline approach to task management is exactly what I’ve been searching for. It does a fantastic job of distilling complex workflows down into a series of tasks that smoothly flow from one stage to the next.

They have many, many YouTube videos to demonstrate different features, and, importantly, also a series of videos that instructs CLIENTS on how to use the portal.

Desvantagens

Some areas are still clunky but still usable. The mechanism for clients to create a subfolder in and/or upload documents to a specific folder is not very intuitive.

Clicking links within the site opens up a new tab far too often. Clicking on the + for sub tasks in a pipeline stage opens a new tab for some reason. Responding to an email from the inbox+ section opens a new tab. Clicking a client name while looking at an account opens a new tab. It seems very unnecessary.

OTP entry on mobile devices is a pain since did sons reason they decided not to let you paste a code in.

The conditional logic for their organizers is extremely limited, although they tell me they are working to expand this in the near future.

These are all minor annoyances in an overall outstanding product.

Liscio e Karbon

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Lack of development, slow server speed, clunky portal that is inefficient to navigate, lack of a local workstation interface for portal files (web only, unlike TaxDome), lack of task management that works for my office. Developer is friendly and tells me all the time that improvements are coming but they never materialize. All for only $5 less per month than TaxDome.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

All in one approach, outstanding value for the price. They are rapidly improving the product and continuing to develop it into an even better product. Simple flat pricing.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Hi Russell, we appreciate your feedback, thank you for letting us know. We are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. We have an existing feature request (available to paid subscribers) to open new tab vs new page.

You can also read more about our Organizers here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/114-custom-organizer-templates

You can reach us through chat or through email ([email protected]) if you have other questions.

Maria A.

Time saver

Avaliado em 12/11/2021

I like it so far, and the functionalities are going to save me time. There is a learning curve though. I have been watching videos, attending webinars, etc. I think that when everything is set up is going to be great.

Vantagens

The ability to create automation for some processes and that is going to save time so I will be able to help more clients and give them more attention. The hub that integrates website, client portal, invoice management, engagement letter, Tax Organizers, e-signature all at an affordable price.

Desvantagens

I had some issues with the client database import (due to my CSV file configuration, so no TD fault), I had to manually create contacts (spouses), and fill out client information, which was time consuming. I think that there is a learning curve for all the functionalities (and because I am new to this). Although the unlimited support is very handy, I like to do things myself to understand how it works.

Canopy Software

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

SmartVault discontinued the plan I was subscribing to, and the price was going to tripled. I was already thinking about getting some automation to manage my business, and this pushed me to TD.

Weebly, Encyro e SmartVault

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

I didn't even looked at Canopy, because some people at a tax professionals group in Facebook spoke highly of TD.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Hi Maria, thank you for the review. We appreciate it. We understand that you're still trying to learn everything, please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Again, our support is free and unlimited.

Ion T.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Good product, but needs better customer support

Avaliado em 19/02/2021

Overall the software has good features, it is a bit pricey, and no monthly payment flexibility (forces one year contract). There is a software support gap at the moment, which is a big deal. Once that is fixed and payment options become more flexible I will be able to recommend it to others.

Vantagens

This product has good features such as tracking communication with customers, an integrated signature for engagement contracts, fee collection, and templates. It is nice to have several features in one place. I liked the ability to customize the portal login page.

Desvantagens

There is a significant gap in customer support. This is the first time a software company has asked me to submit videos of issues or print screens to customer support. Generally, the support team can log behind the scenes and support you with any issues via a quick account review. There was a company-wide issue over the long weekend and there were no notifications about software having bugs, or when they were fixed. None of the automation worked, which left my customer hanging and confused, as none of the things I mentioned they will see actually happened.
Also, it is on the pricier side and does not allow flexibility for monthly billing, only annual payments. There are videos on how to get started which are great, however, there is a bit of a learning curve as functions are set up in a very specific way so you'll have to learn that.

Hi Ion,

Thank you for your feedback. Ion on the potential bug you can always schedule a 15 quick assist so we can record the meeting- http://taxdome.com/15
The reason we ask for this information is if we cannot replicate the bug on our end.

Abbey G.

Best All In One Software - I've tried them all

Avaliado em 03/09/2021

TaxDome support is incredibly responsive and useful. The implementation time was minimal for this software. I got my workflows set up in a day and was working in the software pretty efficiently within 3 days. My clients LOVE the portal and it sets me apart as an accounting firm because our communication is consistent, timely, and they know where to find me.

Vantagens

I love that it has all of the features I really wanted for a great client experience and workflow management. The client portal is phenomenal. The Workflows are easy to setup and the templates are a great starting point. Not too complex and not too simplistic

Desvantagens

I wish that recurring tasks customized to a specific client could be built into a recurring pipeline job instead of having to link recurring tasks when they're created. I can tell this feature is missing because of the way the software was designed to streamline the workflow management experience which is otherwise phenomenal. The minor inconvenience of linking a task to a job after the fact is minimal compared to the rest of the benefits I have from this software.

Canopy Software e Karbon

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

I mostly used ClientHub prior to switching and I switched mostly because it was too simplistic and not as secure. The client portal was decent in ClientHub but this one is better. Workflows were great in ClientHub but TaxDome has the potential to be even better.

Canopy Software e Karbon

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

All three of the softwares I had been evaluating prior to finding TaxDome each had some of the features I wanted but none of them had them all. Ultimately Karbon was too complex and time consuming to setup for my small accounting firm, Client Hub was too simplistic and not secure enough, and Canopy was geared more toward Tax only rather than both tax and accounting/bookkeeping.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the feedback, Abbey! we appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. If there's still missing feature that you would like to add in TaxDome especially related Task and Pipeline, we have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized . Feel free to reach out to our team. Our support is free and unlimited.

Will K.
  • Porte da empresa: 11-50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Great customer service and great development team with Taxdome

Avaliado em 21/10/2021

It's been easy to onboard our users and we've enjoyed our experiences so far.

Vantagens

Your development team and customer support has been great to work with. Where the company is notably still developing, the support team is incredibly receptive to feedback and really supportive in onboarding and migrating users. Some of the best support I've seen.

Additionally the document management system, attaching invoices to documents and the client portal shows signs that your teams have been able to capture many of the industries pain points. It gives me faith in your development team that you all will be able to continue to build out great features.

Desvantagens

The UI is clunky. There are other ways to structure the platform to be more functional that I think would be generally more efficient and there are some errors that could be worked through with a few UI specialists. I'd reach out to some of your younger practice users/technology driven ones and doing some video sessions having them do a walkthrough of their working day and have them talk about some of the UI problems.

The user permissions are tough I appreciate that they can be toggled but The direct message feature should be able to be toggled as well.

I'd also love a direct payroll provider integration such as ADP. Because you all are doing full practice management with a time tracking feature. A great function would be to build out a payroll integration so that firm owners could easily run payroll for their employees.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you so much for the nice feedback, Will! We highly appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. We have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Karen M.

Meets and exceeds expectations

Avaliado em 13/08/2021

Just getting started but very happy so far

Vantagens

Customer service/support, integrations, true workflow functionality with task dependencies and automation.

Desvantagens

1) Organizer function that requires clients to upload specific documents based on answers to org questions -- for instance, if the user checks 1099 income, must upload 1099.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for that wonderful feedback, Karen!We appreciate it. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Success if you need assistance.Our support is free and unlimted.

Brenda S.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

All in one tax and accounting management!

Avaliado em 07/09/2021

It has been great. The onboarding was helpful as well as all of the product webinars. Very happy so far.

Vantagens

I like how easy it is to use and that I can do all my practice management, tasks, client portal etc all in one place. I love the automated pipelines and workflow and the efficiencies it offers.

Desvantagens

I wish signature capabilities could be on any document in any folder and not just in the one with the client view privileges. I also hope it will eventually accept ACH and not just credit cards.

Liscio e Canopy Software

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

It was affordable and creates a more automated workflow to allow a more efficient accounting practice.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Price, ease of use, signature capability with price

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for the wonderful feedback , Brenda! We highly appreciate it. Please be informed that we have feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Feel free to reach out to our team, our support is free and unlimited.

Alicea C.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

TaxDome allowed me to simplify my processes greatly!

Avaliado em 04/10/2021

I like that TaxDome is open to feedback about improvements to the app. I have enjoyed the experience and they have been very helpful with the onboarding process.

Vantagens

I love that it has most everything I need in one place. I am able to manage my practice, track important dates, communicate with clients, send documents for signature and organize my workflows without hopping around to many different apps.

Desvantagens

Setting up the workflows can be confusing at first because there are multiple components but once they are set up getting the work done is much easier.

Canopy Software, Pixie e Karbon

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

I wanted one app that could keep track of clients and tax due dates and could also allow for document signatures.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

The two main things were the secure messaging with clients and being able to get client signatures.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you for this amazing feedback Alicea!, We really appreciate it. Please free to reach out to us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited, that includes 1:1 onboarding session.

Dianette B.

Tax Dome for Every Tax Office

Avaliado em 11/10/2021

I love it.. I love the customer service. I like the ease of the platform.

Vantagens

What I love about this software is if its not built in, there is a very good likelihood, you can create an integration with Zapier. So all those other applications, you may using separately, you can either replace or link to this CRM.. .

Desvantagens

That I didn't find out about this a year ago.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you so much for this amazing feedback, Dianette! We appreciate it a lot. Feel free to contact us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Patrice B.

Just The Tool Needed to Help My Virtual Firm Scale to that Next Level

Avaliado em 22/11/2021

I am looking for a streamline process where I can see the flow as to how things move in my virtual accounting and taxation firm and this will allow me to do that while automating workflows. That alone will save me so much time as I put this together.

Vantagens

Currently I am only going to be using a few of the options that are in the software and am going to transition my clients into using more of the software over the next year. My primary thing that I am looking for is using the CRM, Email and Automated Workflow Options. Oh yeah the unlimited e-signatures is a plus, because I have been going back and forth in between systems and this has been costing my time. I love the fact that I will be able to just come into one system, and watch the workflows go and clearly be able to know when clients AND prospects have done what I need them to do. I want to know as much about client needs before that initial touch point and I know that this is the tool that my firm needs to be able to do just that as we scale.

Desvantagens

Honestly I couldn't locate the webinars easily. I am not saying that I wanted to avoid the Demos, but I would love to have know where the webinars were located sooner so that I could watch the videos since I signed up on a weekend.

Zoho CRM e HubSpot CRM

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

I am looking to streamline my processes and procedures. I currently use Clientwhys as my website, marketing, and portal, but I need a better clearer view and I need the ability to actually automate workflows all in one location.

Trello e Adobe Sign

Richard B.

Great Mid-cost CRM Option

Avaliado em 06/09/2021

The chief business problem we've solved is not having to search email accounts for files that clients emailed to us. That's a great feature.

We've also solved the issue of not having a CRM that required tremendous amounts of design and customization work. Our old CRM was great, but its care and feeding to make it do what we wanted it to do was a ton of work (both partner-level time and contractor time). TaxDome on the other hand was about 60 hours of partner-level time and some of their support time (which was free).

I'm really impressed by TaxDome's responsiveness to its user community and the speed and pace with which they are innovating their product and adding new features.

Vantagens

1. Inbox+ is a game changer as far as features go. That's the feature in TaxDome that automatically moves emails from clients to a firm-wide burndown list that allows you to check them off as you resolve items. That means you don't have to spend valuable time in tax season rummaging through your mailbox to sort the client emails out from the sales/junk emails, which is very handy.

2. The immediate copying of email attachments sent by clients into the clients' document field is incredibly helpful. We used to spend so much time shuffling client data from place to place when they would email it to us instead of using our portal. Now it's all automatically there for us to work on when we need to and we can flag particular items that we need the clients to add.

3. The monthly subscription feature is huge as it allows you to add seasonal staff on demand and only pay for them when you need them.

4. The support is exceptional. All of my experiences engaging with TaxDome's staff live (I haven't tried email/chat) have been exceptional. They're well trained and know their product. I have had to spend a lot of time with them (which is free) in order to fully deploy our implementation of TaxDome.

5. TaxDome is continuing to add to their product and innovate. The product lives and evolves from season to season. Many vendors in the tax industry make only tax-change-required updates to their products each season. TD has a well-communicated list of forthcoming priorities.

Desvantagens

1. Integration is somewhat challenging because there isn't API integration with our tax software (CCH's ATX). There is pseudo integration in the form of direct desktop upload and print to TaxDome through a PDF printer (which is handy), but that only allows data to flow in one direction and when manually prompted. That said, the only competitive products that I reviewed that offered API integration were literally ten times the cost.

2. Telephone integration is simply absent from the product. We use ringcentral.com as our telephone provider and what we were accustomed to in our prior CRM was direct integration with RingCentral. That meant that every time a client called or we called a client it was logged in the system and we could attach notes to specific calls about what was discussed (or bill for the time) without separate action on our part (the same way that TaxDome handles Inbox+, which was very handy).

3. There is no good way to manage prospective leads in TaxDome. Interactions are defined as "accounts" (actual clients) and "contacts." Automated processes within the system cannot run on contacts.

4. Good at managing the existing practice, but it's poor at the sales activities that you need to grow.

5. The eSignature interface is somewhat clunky and doesn't compare favorably to non-tax eSignature products. It's just as good as any eSignature product I've ever seen in the tax industry.

Canopy Software

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Unlike Zoho, TaxDome was specifically tailored to the tax industry. Zoho was a great product, but it took so much heavy lifting to get it customized for our needs because it was a general-purpose CRM that it was just simpler to switch to a tax-specific product.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Overall cost and a-la-carte pricing model.
Gili A.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Innovative and very responsive tool

Avaliado em 03/08/2021

I love the concept, I love the delivery. I am crazy about your costumer service. The best I have ever experienced.
I really want this to work for me and if it is, I will be sending your ways many of my colleagues that are waiting to hear back from me about it.
The cost of adding new users is also too high. I wish there was a consideration of a lower fee for secretary users or other temporary users.

Vantagens

I like the most the condition that you can put on opening a file with payment first.
The software is very well organized and keeps things clean and reachable. it does all that I need from a document management software and has so many extras that I love and didn't even know about such as client classification, share of documents, sending requests for signatures etc.

Desvantagens

It's not as fast to respond when I make a choice. I which they used a faster server.
The Upload of clients from a previous software is not that easy.
When I print a tax return from the tax software, I would love it if I could pick a default folder to drop it in.
The Windows implementation is not there yet. I am using a server that hosts my tax software and that server is refusing to allow TD to download there. This might be a deal breaker in the future.
I wish I could use Quickbooks as a merchant in the SW but it's only allowing for CPACharge and Stripe.

Hi Gili!

Thanks for your feedback! Kindly reach out to our customer success team for further assistance. Support is free and unlimited.

Andrew C.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Not perfect, still the best for a small firm

Avaliado em 30/07/2021

Vantagens

Probably the best thing about TD is that it does so many things adequately. But the strongest feature is the workflow management and the way that it harmonizes with client communication---the synergy there is market-beating.

Desvantagens

I am disappointed in the timekeeping function, especially the reporting. It seems like a very simple function compared to their sophisticated workflow functions. It is downright primitive. I also can't figure out whether it will really be usable as a CRM. They advertise that, but I'm not sure it can really replace even the most basic CRM.

Canopy

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

The benefits of having Organizers, Secure Messaging, File Transfer, Job Tracking, and Automated Communication all exist within one integrated system. We were losing so much time transferring data between systems.

Jotform

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

The transparent pricing was probably #1. But also TD is just more powerful, if a little less slick and shiny. I feel like no one understands what Tax firms need quite like TaxDome does.

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for your valuable feedback! I understand that our time tracker feature is not as robust just yet but we will be releasing additional functionalities soon, such as hourly rate per staff and create invoice from the time entry - that is currently in development.

Lauren C.

TaxDome is a must!

Avaliado em 08/07/2021

Instead of using multiple applications, we have one central system to use everyday which has become a life saver. We can organize our clients by service and make sure no one falls through the cracks. The Tax Dome team has also been super accommodating and patient as we learn the ins and outs.

Vantagens

We've been looking for a program that has it all and we finally stumbled across Tax Dome. Even as a small company, we process over 1,000 tax returns a year, plus offer bookkeeping services, as well as other financial services. We needed a service that had it all in one place with an efficient task manager. We've been able to stay more organized and increase our scale of business.

Desvantagens

The integration took a little while to be fully completed, and of course there's a learning curve with a new program/software, but we're confident, with practice, Tax Dome will only become easier to use.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thanks for your amazing feedback, Lauren! Feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team anytime if you need any assistance as support is free and unlimited.

Deanna S.

Great product, Great Customer Service, and still finding hidden gems

Avaliado em 27/06/2021

My partner and I came from a tax firm that used a dated practice management workflow consisting of various disjointed software tools, spreadsheets, and humans. There were terrible inefficiencies resulting in considerable operating overhead (labor costs, software licenses, real estate, etc.) and a tremendous amount of stress during the tax season. Thanks for COVID, we decided that our new tax firm was going completely virtual with client appointments and we would leverage a practice management suite that helped us achieve efficiency, accuracy, and scale. We are leveraging a hosted version of our tax software eliminating the need for an IT person on-staff and TaxDome will allow us to streamline our workflow so we have no need for seasonal admin staffing. It's only been two weeks since we started working with TaxDome, but so far we are ecstatic and we see it helping us to fulfill our goals for the firm.

Vantagens

Coming from a quagmire of administrative staff, spreadsheets, and various software to manage our practice, TaxDome is an absolute godsend. We've only had the opportunity to work with it for a couple of weeks during the trial period, but we have been impressed with it beyond our expectations. We really like the variety of tools that made the import of contacts/docs expedient and reliable. The email sync feature is just amazing as it eliminates the noise of a junked-up inbox. The mobile app with built-in document scanner is so incredibly neat that I think our clients will easily get on-board with these changes in how we interact with them. I would be remiss if I didn't give the customer service team some love as well. I must've bugged them everyday about something. They were prompt, courteous, and helpful with each and every correspondence. Lastly, as we continue to learn the TaxDome platform, we're discovering new functionality we didn't expect but will help immensely. For example, one feature we just found was the ability to edit PDF documents within the TaxDome platform itself. Amazing!

Desvantagens

Honestly, there hasn't been anything that I've experienced in the past 2 weeks that would warrant a complaint of any sort. We would've really liked to have a scheduling module in TaxDome where we can organize and schedule our reviews with clients, but not a deal breaker and as I understand it is in the works anyway.

Hi Deanna,

Thank you for your feedback. We currently have the scheduling module planned in our feature request board. I have upvoted your firm to this request, feel free to add any comments or suggestions here- https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/company-appointment-scheduling-with-popular-online-calendar-integration

Patricia G.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Great but ready for improvements.

Avaliado em 10/06/2021

My overall experience has been awesome. Even with my concerns the support and resources have been useful. I love the Facebook group and the responsiveness from all the representatives. I liked being able to just start working on my file and every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I just asked for help and it was there. That's invaluable and hard to explain until you start to experience it. That's exactly what I want to show my clients. If you are overwhelmed by taxes, let me help. I guide you through the process.

Vantagens

Customer support, online videos, and all the resources. I'm a jump-in and get started. I don't want to schedule a demo, I don't want to talk to anyone I just want to get my feet wet. I can quickly determine if I'm going to like something or not. I always learn by playing around with things. I LOVE how I could sign up and then start asking questions and scheduling help once I learned my way around the software.

Automation of workflow. My reason for actually purchasing the software is the automation. I want to save time (eventually) with setting up my system to keep my clients informed every step of the way.

I also love that I can quickly look at my clients and send emails based on where they are in the completion of their projects. I also find the auto-reminders for clients to do something incredibly useful.

Desvantagens

I don't like the projects. My biggest worry is I'm going to miss a project for a client. That just can't happen. The pipeline is taking me time to get used to and I'm trying to remember the point of it. I do think once I get it down it will be VERY helpful. I'm more concerned that I do the same work every year or month or quarter. I just want a way to easily know that every client will at least get on my to-do list with the jobs I need to complete for them.

Asana, Jetpack Workflow, Financial Cents, Canopy e ClickUp

Price for features.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Price, signature requests, reviews from customers, and automation.

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your feedback. This helps us a lot. We have recently released recurring jobs so you no longer have to remind yourself to add jobs for clients as they'll automatically be added for you: https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs

Mayra B.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Good Overall System

Avaliado em 29/05/2021

I was hoping to retire my share file, webhosting and marketing email accounts with Tax-dome but I have yet to see if the website will be useful. Share file allows me to share folders with more than one client but tax-dome does not. You will have to load the file to each client and update each client. And though I will be able to use tax-dome to mass email there is no birthday or holiday email function so I may have to keep the other software's for certain things. But Tax-dome does have many features the other's do not, like file locking to invoices, organizers and pipelines. But it does not completely replace all the other software.

Vantagens

All the features make it a great deal for the money

Desvantagens

The software does a lot of great things once you get the hang of it. However, it is not as intuitive as promised and it is slow to move from screen to screen. You need to have a lot of time available to view lots of webinars for every feature to learn how to use it then a lot of time to customize it. Not all customizations are available. The bulk upload app is glichy and shuts down every time you put lots of files with multiple destinations. Then you have to start all over and upload file by file. The chat help is frustrating to initiate, they ask several questions and try to direct you to self help and webinars instead of chatting. You have to ask your question 3 times to get an actual person to help. The onboarding call is a bit rushed and is directed by the client so be prepared. It isn't so much an onboarding as much as an opportunity to ask your questions. They won't help you customize your website until you are a paying customer so you don't know if you the website hosting is a benefit until after you pay for the year.

Hi Mayra,

Thank you for your feedback. Support is free and unlimited. You can schedule more onboardings to ask more questions. Our chat system uses the auto bot which helps find the root of your concern/question so we can provide a better service.

Erika L.

Powerful Tool for Your Accounting Business

Avaliado em 28/05/2021

I am going to be using TaxDome as an all in one tool to run my practice. So far, I am amazed by how much time it is helping me save. It will also help me to hire a few employees and staff since I am growing. It makes it easy to track and delegate tasks.

Vantagens

I like most that this software is an all-in-one tool. It is packed with useful features and can streamline the way that an accounting professional runs their firm. The support is also excellent, offering white glove, in person onboarding and well organized manuals. I have also heard from my clients that the client interface is easy to use. They have been more responsive to me on this tool than the tool I was using previously.

Desvantagens

The pros about this tool are almost the cons! There are so many features to unlock and learn about. There are also a few features that need to be added into it (although I see that it is still being devleoped). It needs to have a feature that allows the firm to sign documents as well as the client (rather than using a pasted signature that is easy to forge). It also needs to have more templates for workflows and contracts (or at least better ones). I also think that TaxDome would benefit from a user group in which users can share best practices and templates and tools.

Liscio, Jetpack Workflow e Canopy

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

The tools I was using required a lot of manual processes and did not have a streamlined interface. I was also just looking for a practice management tool, and then I came across TaxDome, which does more than just practice management.

Trello, RightSignature e SmartVault

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

TaxDome has more features at a lower cost and was recommended by more of my peers.

Hi Erika,

Thanks! We have a facebook group for TaxDome Users, please join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/taxdome

We also have a feature request board where you can communicate with our product team directly.

Cindy H.
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

All-in-One Solution for Tax & Accounting work

Avaliado em 26/05/2021

I've known exactly what I've wanted from a software solution for several years and had resorted to piecing together multiple apps with Zaps to try and automate where I could. But it was still frustrating until TD came along. You just "get it" and while it's not perfect yet, I can see a real dedication to continuous improvement and I love that. I have now been able to eliminate so many other apps I was using for eSignature, client portal, doc sharing, mass emailing, client data management, etc.

Vantagens

The workflow automation is a game changer. No more endless writing the same message over and over to clients. The software tells us when a client has finished their tasks and they are ready for us to work on their job.

Desvantagens

Navigation is a little cumbersome -- too many clicks required. It's not exactly intuitive to the user yet. I would like to see more high level statistics with the ability to drill into details, rather than a lot of detail all on one page.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Hello Cindy, that you for your feedback, we appreciate it. TaxDome always strives to be better and we are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. What really sets us apart is we are not a marketing company, we are led by product to create the best products we can for you and your team. You can chat with us or email us ([email protected]) about your questions regarding navigation, just let us know.

Rachel W.

Best decision of 2020

Avaliado em 29/04/2021

TD solved my immediate portal need, the old system was really just a document exchange, this allows for so much more, the e-signature feature alone was worth the price to me for ease of interactions with my clients and to have all the documents in one place that I can access from my office or home office.

Vantagens

I love the ease of use for my clients, most have found it very easy to use with no hand-holding and adopted and loved it very quickly. They can upload almost any format of documentation and backups to me with a few clicks. I get notifications how I want to see them and then all emails linked are saved in their history, so it's much easier to look back and find what I need without searching my endless emails in Outlook. Secure message is an easy way for many to communicate and I have saved records of those exchanges.

Desvantagens

I did not yet have time to implement any of the task and automation processes, I started in Dec 2020 right before tax season, so those features are still waiting because I was a little overwhelmed with that setup process. It will be my summer project to figure out and test the process to make the whole system work better for me and improve my manual processes for tracking.

OfficeTools e Liscio

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Not happy with the exchange, it was difficult for some clients to use and no longer worked with Outlook, making it difficult for me on my side, too. Was limited doc exchange and didn't have many other benefits.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

I liked the ease of use of TD over the others, the price was better for me as a solo and the recommendations were stronger.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you Rachel, your feedback is valuable to us. We are happy to know that TaxDome was able to serve your immediate needs for your practice. Our support is free and unlimited, feel free to reach us through chat, email or schedule an onboarding. If you need any assistance with setting up your tasks and automations you can schedule a 45-minute-onboarding using this link: http://taxdome.com/45 we are happy to help.

Brad M.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

New User

Avaliado em 01/04/2021

Once you understand how the software’s workflow some of the challenges can be overcome. But there are a lot of “quirks” to learn and work around.

Vantagens

Great visual design and layout. Can quickly see what documents received, statuses of projects. The client organizer, integrated e-sign, and workflows are great. Neat feature to lock documents to payment.

Desvantagens

HUGE con - horrible internal communication. Needs an ability to @tag teammates to communicate internally. very difficult to add tasks on the fly to projects. While there is a client document approval feature there is no internal document approval feature.

IMO the inbox+ is worthless as is. It is very cumbersome if not impossible to assign tasks respond and have internal communication with team members.

While the layout is great the user interface needs a big update. Too many clicks are required to add new accounts, add tasks. Why not have a quick create from inbox+? All data to create new user / account is already there.

And perhaps most oddly - clients are unable to print or download copies of invoices paid.

Also limited Zapier integrations.

Jetpack Workflow e Karbon

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Karbon has superior internal collaboration tools but lacked in document management and automations.

Resposta do TaxDome Traduzido para o Português

Thank you, Brad! Your feedback is valuable to us.

The ability to tag team members and notify team members in task communications is in the works! Some firms already requested for this feature to be added to TaxDome and you can upvote on this request so we can keep you updated on progress by going here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/tag-team-in-notes

Also, to request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board. "

Melissa R.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Affordable all-encompassing CRM/practice mgmt software that aims to please

Avaliado em 02/03/2021

There are a few things that would be nice that I've seen in other softwares, such as progress bars for jobs, larger icons/colors for ease of viewability, sorting and filtering by various columns, on certain screens, auto-archive and/or auto-job create for a different pipeline when something reaches the end of one pipeline (such as prospects), but I think most of my requests/recommendations are already in their development pipeline, and if not, they've told me that I have good ideas & should request them in the customer feature request database. I have seen several features in there that already were just recently implemented, so they definitely aim to please & be the best in the biz. For now, I'm giving up a few "smoothness" or "viewability" or "nice to haves" for a very affordable all-around software that is going to make my life SO much easier, and if I end up hiring staff down the road, it should be pretty easy to roll them into the workflow. I also love that there is a client-side app, and that is one thing that made me choose them over a competitor

Vantagens

I like that it has incorporated e-sign with KBA available for a low price per signature. Also like that I can use one software to host my website, provide unlimited virtual drive storage, communicate with clients, make requests, assign staff and client tasks, and manage workflow. Customer Service is super friendly and really wants to please. I even heard from a CS rep in their chat AFTER HOURS when I wasn't expecting to hear back until the next day, just because he noticed the message was there. Overall, this is providing the things that were MUSTS for me (including a client app where they can communicate & upload requested docs). I can wait for the "like to haves."

Desvantagens

Customer service hours are a bit short, but they are planning to increase them. A few features need improvement (but their programmers are adding things CONSTANTLY, usually based on user requests/upvotes). One frustrating thing (which I'm not sure ANY practice mgmt software can do at this point) is that you cannot integrate the in-system organizers with outside tax software, as needs to be done so clients can see their prior year data, so I'm having to create orgs from my tax software and upload them to Taxdome, and then notify clients to download & re-upload it. Not ideal, but not the worst thing, given that everything else functions pretty smoothly. The immediate programming they need to do in this regard is to allow on-screen pdf editing (which it does, for the client) and allow their system to create and save a new pdf directly from that, so the client doesn't have to manually download/save/upload it. Would also like a function so that when you send a client a task to do, and that task involves uploading a doc, then when they upload the doc in direct response to that message, it checks off their task as complete. Currently you can just set a task that they manually check off after uploading the requested doc. No firm-side app yet--but it's in development.

OfficeTools, CCH iFirm, Financial Cents, Karbon e SmartVault

Razões para escolher o TaxDome

Didn't do enough workflow management, didn't allow for me to do all the features for full practice management & CRM or integrate with Drake Tax, didn't have a client app to improve communications & doc exchange, didn't have a virtual drive.

Razões para mudar para o TaxDome

Affordability, CS responsiveness, Full-featured, In-app e-signatures w/low-cost KBA option, Client app, Works well for tax & accounting firms, Firm app coming soon. All inclusive.

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your feedback. We recently released our Built-in PDF Editor. You may read more about it here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/397-built-in-pdf-editor

Mai C.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Signed up after a few days!

Avaliado em 18/02/2021

I am loving it so far!!

Vantagens

The centralizing of all the moving parts when it comes to preparing a tax return made my choice to purchase Tax Dome after just a few days in the trial period EASY!! The importing of my previous clients and creating a working pipeline was so amazing!! Most programs have great capabilities but as a novice you may not always know all the ins and outs of the tools. I love that Tax Dome has established templates completely relatable to the tax industry!! All I had to do customized it to my practice and start using it!!

Desvantagens

I would love to see "@" mentions or and an open chat options between myself and employees for live communication without having to leave my desk.

Hi Mai,

Thank you for your feedback. @ mentions is currently in progress and will be implemented by the end of the year/beginning of next tax season https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/tag-team-in-notes
I have also upvoted your firm to team member messaging- https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/message-team-members

Nancy A.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Exactly what I've been looking for

Avaliado em 05/02/2021

I am going to save SO MUCH TIME. TaxDome has centralized all that I do. Before TaxDome I needed my portal, DocuSign, Google Forms, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc. The amount of time I spent just in the administrative side was crushing. The process of getting an 8879 uploaded to the portal, off to the client for secure signature and back took 45 minutes to an hour. Now it's 5 minutes or less. I've gone from having so many different windows and apps open to needing only TaxDome and my tax prep software. What a relief!

Vantagens

It seems to be written by people who actually know how an accounting firm works. User documentation is fantastic as are the numerous tutorials. I was easily able to answer most of my questions and get instructions on how to do what I needed without needing to contact a live person. In fact, I was able to get set up and operational without any help from support. The interface is very intuitive.

Desvantagens

In the beginning, TaxDome is a little overwhelming. I'm still getting used to the product terminology regarding clients and engagement letters which they label contacts and contracts. Those two words looks so much alike that it caused me a bit of confusion sometimes.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback!