Descript

Transcription management and video & audio editing software

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

136 avaliações

Cameron S.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The podcast editing tool that has helped us scale our podcast editing agency

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

Descript helps my team collaborate with clients on their podcast episodes. Hosts give us their recordings and then they leave us feedback in the form of comments on the transcript. It makes communication clear for everyone on our team and the collaboration features make it possible for us to have our remote team. We are able to help our clients sound their best with the filler word detection, something that would not be an effective option if we were editing with audio alone.

Vantagens

I love how easy it is to edit audio using the auto transcription. It allows for other great features like filler word and word gap detection/removal. The integration with Zapier allows us to import new media, and the publishing integrations allow us to export to hosts and other apps we use in our clients workflows.

Desvantagens

For more advanced editing, I wish there were integrations with Adobe Audition that would make it easy to locate spots that have been commented on and then reimport or sync the changes. For our workflow, I would also love if we could utilize an API to directly integrate Descript with our workflow rather than needing to utilize Zapier.

Zaiba S.
  • Setor: Internet
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

For Perfect Transcriptions

Avaliado em 07/06/2021

This is a must-have product that will simplify your life. You won't realize how much time it saves until you use it. Fortunately, there is a fantastic free trial to try it out. The shortcuts are really useful and will save you a significant amount of time. There is a lot to learn, but once you do, the software will save your life.

Vantagens

1. Descript's key feature is how it transcribes your audio and converts it into an editable word document. I was astounded to discover how simple it was to effectively cut and paste words while simultaneously moving the audio waveforms.
2. It makes use of the Google speech to text engine, which has been demonstrated to be the market leader in numerous studies.
3. Transcripts are attractive and are designated by individuals. With just one click, you can securely send transcripts with video or audio.

Desvantagens

1. It becomes slow with time, and you must pay to utilize it on a regular basis.
2. Although the automatic, entry-level version of Descript has a transcribing accuracy of roughly 95%, there are still grammatical problems.
3. It takes longer than I expected to look over transcriptions and revise them later, so I have to spend more time correcting the transcripts even during my working hours.

Hossamudin H.
  • Setor: Gestão da educação
  • Usado Semanal durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

A great tool for transcription (Videos - Meetings)

Avaliado em 09/05/2022

Great, but not the best. not yet at least. Need it to support Arabic

Vantagens

How I can automatically transcribe my videos then translate them in an easy editor before uploading to youtube. Also I like how it has a generous free to use model.

Well, not supporting the Arabic language mainly :((

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Produção audivisual
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 1.0 /10

Not yet stable enough for professional use

Vantagens

This is could be a game changing piece of software. it combines transcription and audio editing into one. The option to collaborate in the cloud like a google doc opens up many possibilities. But there is one big downside....

Desvantagens

It is not yet reliable enough. There have been two occasions in last few months where Descript just stopped working. I lost days' worth of work on broadcast critical projects.

The first time an entire project wouldn't open and just hung. That meant all of the work for an entire podcast episode was inaccessible. I contacted tech support and tweeted them. I heard nothing back. After a friday and weekend of panic and frustration, the project did open.

Perhaps stupidly, i carried on using Descript. A month or so later a Composition (their name for a document within a project) I was working on just stopped working. The error message just said press reload. But that did nothing. Because it is cloud based I had nothing on my hard drive to try and salvage. it just stopped working. i lost at least 8 hours of work. i contacted tech support and their discord server. Still haven't had a response. I had to do the work all over again.

If you work in professional audio, sadly my advice is to stay away from Descript till it gets more reliable.

Alice K.
  • Setor: Software
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Descript is the only video editing software you will ever need.

Avaliado em 15/04/2022

Vantagens

I'm not a video editor by any means. In fact, I've been using all sorts of different software over the past few years and I just didn't find anything that was really easy to use -- until Descript.

As somebody who is a heavy content creator, I needed to start creating video content and it was really hard because I had to rely on others to edit the videos for me. Now with Descript I can do it myself which is super powerful and saves a lot of time. My favorite features are "shorten word gaps" and "remove filler words". Everybody thinks I'm a magician when I show the my videos post-production.

Descript has changed the entire scope of my work and how I do my job. It's much easier than any other software tool that I've used. I love how easy it is to use, the interface is very intuitive, it's very quick and simple. My friends and teams love Descript too.

Don't be scared! All you need to do is upload your original video or record a video directly in the software and then edit it out later or add text or change the voice if you want. It's really great.

I also love the collaboration aspect of Descript.

Desvantagens

It takes a LONG time to download high-quality videos.

April H.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

I use Descript for multiple things!

Avaliado em 13/09/2021

Editing video and audio for podcasts is so much easier in Descript. I can see exactly what I am editing out and it has made my workflow about twice as fast!

Vantagens

I love that to edit the audio or video, you just make the edits in the transcription instead of trying to find the exact place in the audio file. Makes it so much easier! My favorite is that it can take out all the "filler words" like "um" in about 2 clicks and make the audio sound great! So much faster than how I was doing it before with having to listen and take them out one at a time.

Desvantagens

There are constant updates to the software, about 1 a week. This can be annoying since there is always a pop-up that says you need to update and restart almost everytime I open the app. Also, if you have multiple accounts (I have multiple clients I work with), it is hard to sign out of one account and then sign into another. Not sure why this isn't straightforward, but often when I sign out of one account and then try to sign into another, it just puts me back into the same account.

Carol C.
  • Setor: Artes e artesanato

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

A game changer for my content creation!

Avaliado em 19/05/2022

I've been using Descript for some time now, and I have to say that the software is amazing. It does have somewhat of a learning curve to get started with it, but the time and effort is worth it. It allows you to take long-form audio or video and turn it into multiple short-form pieces. This is a gamechanger because it means you can turn an hour long video into short clips that you can post on social media. I also think the overdub feature comes in handy at certain times to prevent me from having to do retakes just to fix a tiny word mistake I may have made.

Vantagens

The biggest strength of the Descript is its ability to cut video directly from the transcript. This saves so much time because you don't have to go back and forth between apps or do any editing before you can share your video on social media or other platforms. Another strength of Descript is that it allows me to remove filler words like "uhm" and "ah" from my videos really quickly. This helps me cut down on excess wordage so I can create shorter clips for social media posts without losing anything important in the process!

Desvantagens

Like all software, Descript isn’t perfect. My biggest gripe with it is its transcription. It’s not the most accurate I’ve experienced. But it seems to be improving over time. Another con is that it does struggle with larger video files in my experience, and there are bugs that consistently have to be ironed out. However, with that said, the team does continue to work and improve the quality.

Sharon lesego S.
  • Setor: Software
  • Porte da empresa: 10 000+ funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Descript has made transcription better

Avaliado em 12/05/2022

Vantagens

The features i liked about Descript are,
-it has a automatic speech to text.
-you can also change settings to suit what's best for the user
- it's friendly user
- one can edit videos as well
- it has different variety options in one software which makes it accessible
- fike documents are kept safe and its a trustworthy software which i would recommend to a beginner who doesn't know and wants to learn how to transcribe
- and also there are mini courses so one can understand the software better for which ii think it's a great feature to have.

Desvantagens

It tends to mulfunction which makes it difficult to use
Tye software can sometimes crash due to having more users on the software which i believe it has to be taken into consideration, considering that its a used software all around

Regina R.
  • Setor: Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos
  • Usado Semanal durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Best Text to Audio Software!

Avaliado em 24/05/2022

I have tried other text to audio products but Descript is top notch!

Vantagens

Text to audio is fantastic! It clears background noise and speech does not sound like a computer.

Desvantagens

I can't delete audio tracks I don't like but I'm working with a free trial.

Tina N.
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação
  • Porte da empresa: 51-200 funcionários
  • Usado Mensal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

My secret weapon for writing case studies

Avaliado em 20/05/2022

Easy to use, really cost efficient. Not the most accurate solution out there, but good value for money.

Vantagens

I love that I can dump the recording of our video call into Descript and have it pop out a full transcription. I really appreciate that it identifies multiple speakers and can transcribe even if the speakers have accents.

Desvantagens

It is difficult for Descript to process Scottish accents, so the readout of those conversations is pretty funny. Unfortunately that accent is difficult for me to process as well, even playing it at 0.7x speed.

Chris W.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Best tool I've found for editing podcasts and producing transcripts and .srt files

Avaliado em 17/06/2021

I think if you come from a video or text editing background, Descript will make perfect sense to you within seconds of watching their intro vids. I come from those backgrounds and that was my experience. Yesterday I gave a training session to a colleague who also has editing experience and he immediately took to it and mastered the basics as well, despite not having a hardcore tech background. It really does feel like magic when you start using it and completely fix a long and rambling guest answer in minutes.

As I mentioned in Cons above, I've had problems with it in the past, and at the time I started testing Otter as an alternative in case I needed to switch. But I preferred Descript and I think it has better tools, and I've had no problems since then while using it several days each week for 6 months.

Vantagens

1. That it does such a good, incredibly fast job of transcribing and assigning speaker roles
2. That it combines separate audio tracks into a sequence so you can make edits to an entire production, but *also* gives you the ability to drill down into individual tracks for really fine-tuned edits.
3. That it combines audio editing and text editing into a single interface, so you can literally edit your audio track as if you were editing a Word or Google doc. I never imagined that this could be an interface or should be an interface, but after seeing it for the first time, the concept clicked into place for me and I immediately took to it.
4. That it auto removes filler words and phrases, BUT even more important, kind of magically smooths over (most of) the cuts so that you can't tell a cut was made. It doesn't always work perfect, but more than half the time it does, and it feels like I'm working with software from a sci-fi future.
5. I want to say I love their Overdub feature, where you can deepfake your own voice (or someone else's on your team if they give you permission, I think--there are some privacy rules in place that I haven't fully explored). It also feels like a sci-fi technology. However, in my day to day usage of this tool, I never use Overdub because I'm almost always editing other people who aren't Descript customers. I'm eager to test it one day with my own voice recordings, but for now I can't really give any feedback on its effectiveness.

Desvantagens

1. At the end of 2020 I had some bad experiences with server-side delays and edits not being saved properly, which reminded me that some of the core functionality for this service is beyond my control because it's not happening locally. On the other hand, I haven't had any problems since (it's been about six months).
2. They update the software very frequently, and often make changes to the interface at the same time. I now just prepare myself to deal with a relocated UI element whenever there's an update, but I don't enjoy the fresh challenge each time it happens. Rapidly making incremental improvements to functionality makes sense to me, but I'm not sure it should be the approach for UI improvements since that can be so destabilizing to a user's workflow.

Otter

Razões para mudar para o Descript

Better pricing, more features, better functionality.
Danielle N.
  • Setor: Design

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

A video/audio editing tool that fits the way my brain works

Avaliado em 18/06/2021

I love that Descript lets me edit video by editing a transcript. In the past, planning my edit - because of how my brain was working - I practically ended up with a handwritten transcript. I thought: there's got to be a tool that will do this automatically. Then along came Descript!
Descript is a pretty robust tool for editing video and audio. They seem to be headed toward making it a full featured tool that can do it all. However, my background is in Adobe Premiere Pro, and right now it's not worth my time and energy to learn to use Descript instead. But Descript has been a very helpful supplement.

Vantagens

Descript has many amazing features - even ones that I would have never thought of to wish for. Here are some of the features that most impressed me.

I love being able to edit video or audio recordings simply by editing the transcript. You can edit within the same file, or you can open another file in a separate window and copy/paste the sections you want from the original file - which remains intact.
Descript's filler word and "dead air" removal are pretty amazing as well.
The option to export a format that is editable in Adobe Premiere Pro comes in very handy. Currently, my workflow is to get the main video edit done in Descript, and then fine tune and add additional elements in Premiere. In fact, I had used Descript's Marker feature to indicate section headers that I was going to add in Premiere. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Descript's Markers translate directly to annotated markers in Premiere, making it really easy for me to find the spots to insert section graphics and which header cards to put where.
Descript's built-in screen recorder has been very helpful for grabbing b-roll from websites. I even used it to show the Descript team some minor challenges I was having with their app.

Desvantagens

The accuracy of the automatic transcription can be a bit hit or miss. British accents are notoriously problematic. Not only does the app misinterpret words, but the rhythm of the person's speech can cause the app to put the wrong punctuations in all the wrong places.

If the transcript needs a lot of editing, I'll put the whole transcript in Edit Mode. But I often need to play back a section of audio to know how to correct it. Playback doesn't seem to work in Edit Mode, and it's very cumbersome to switch back and forth.

I often need to add captions to the exact same clip in two different formats for social media - e.g. square and vertical. Simply uploading the caption file I had exported from Descript for the first clip to the second clip didn't work as I would have expected.

The Descript developers are continually updating their app - which is both good and bad. It seems like every time you open it, some feature is new or modified when you haven't even had a chance to get comfortable with the way things were.

Aemyn C.
  • Setor: Mídia digital
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

The future of podcasting is still just over the horizon

Avaliado em 20/05/2021

Overall, using Descript is a super positive experience.

We're able to preview episode scripts with clients which makes the approval process a better experience for them. Our scriptwriters are able to work directly with the audio and transcript at the same time and when they're done, we can export the raw project for cleanup and sound design in an external DAW which is awesome forethought from Descript. With other projects, editing and sound design and exporting can be done entirely in Descript and I'm really happy with the results.

Despite its limitations and bugs, I still struggle not to recommend Descript to anyone making a podcast.
Whatever you're doing, there is a good chance you will find a place for it in your process, just maybe not as much or as reliably as you would like.

Vantagens

Descript is a strong collection of audio tools that just weren't available when I started making podcasts. The ability to organise, collaborate and publish an audio project in the cloud with a friendly interface is great and used to be a huge pain to figure out. Editing audio with the transcript and the waveform at the same time allows you to skip a bunch of technicalities and focus on your creativity. Video capabilities expand the possibilities, and the overall suite of tools make me rethink entirely what podcast editing can or should be in a good way.

Desvantagens

Stability is the biggest problem I have with this. After working on about a lot of different projects with different collaborators, I'm still coming up against things that make it freeze, make it crash, or break a project (usually salvageable at least), and end up needing to work around issues to keep things rolling.

Also, while Descript has a lot of features, in comparison to any long-standing audio software it leaves so much to be desired. There are many missing tools that would add a lot of room for creativity and technical cleanup. Things like audio meters, noise gate, spectrum analysis, filters to automate creatively, ducking, but also the more unexpected effects like reverb, stereo delay, pitch shifting, layered FX, these are all things podcasters of any kind might want to use for effect at some point and many folks I know can't, or don't want to tell their stories without them.

This is especially true for video which misses on some basic transformations like rotation for text and images.

Soundtrap

Razões para mudar para o Descript

Soundtrap as an editing-with-transcript tool was way too limited when I looked into it. Although it would fill a lot of gaps missing among the Descript audio tools, it wasn't anywhere close to a worthy comparison.
Emily M.
  • Setor: Produção audivisual

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

We've been able to scale from one podcast client to 20+ in less than a year, and have onboarded 2 editors. It's making it possible for my business to scale rapidly, and revenue to skyrocket!

Vantagens

I love that I'm able to collaborate with my editing team so that we can implement quick changes from clients no matter who is available. It was super easy to bring in new team members and train them on the workflow as well. I also love how the transcripts make it so much faster than other apps to edit - the combo of seeing words + waveforms (and the search/delete option) cut editing time in half.

Desvantagens

Clicking and dragging still needs some work, not sure yet about the new toolbar. I also really would like to be able to use VSTs to denoise easier, right now the workflow starts in Audition or Pro Tools for any processing (our clients honestly don't understand that they need to record in quiet spaces) and then we bring it into Descript to do the edit.

Razões para escolher o Descript

Easier to edit with the transcript

Software anterior

Razões para mudar para o Descript

Just ease of editing & ease of collaboration. Adobe is a significantly higher cost to collab with, and definitely doesn't have the same level of collaboration capability.
Nathan C.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Potential game changer for podcast editing

Avaliado em 18/05/2021

The concept is amazing and could save hours on a podcast edit…
but, it just doesn't work correctly or as you would expect a lot of the time. Once the automated transcription improves and the workflow stabilizes, this could potentially replace the various tools I use to edit audio and video.

Vantagens

The ability to edit an interview or podcast just by editing the text is incredible.
The workflow is fairly straight forward – import audio file, choose how to transcribe, wait…, edit the transcript & audio in various ways, export or publish as needed.

Desvantagens

The automated transcription is good, but not great. There are always little errors that seem obvious to a human – capitalize the first letter in a sentence, don't capitalize a word in the middle of a sentence, abbreviate doctor as Dr. when a name follows, etc. – and they seem to always show up, even when they've been corrected previously, so it's unclear whether the 'machine' is actually 'learning'.
The app appears to not be built as a native app for macOS which means it lacks certain core features. The most annoying to me is that the window always opens in the default size (i.e. small) and never remembers the sizing or positioning that I choose every time I open it.
The developers are rapidly adding features, but almost too quickly. Once I get used to a feature or function, it doesn't take long for the menu item to be changed or moved (Share, Export, Publish all do similar–though different–things, and have each had their turn as a unique menu item or being grouped together in various ways). I got very efficient at correcting the transcription (which, unfortunately, must be done frequently) until they changed the entire process of editing the transcript.

Rev e Otter

Razões para mudar para o Descript

Descript has the potential to do it all – transcribe, edit, publish – for one subscription.
Beau R.
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação

Game Changer

Avaliado em 18/05/2021

Overall it's great. As I said earlier, for people who are not experienced with editing software who need to create videos, audio files, podcasts, etc, it's a game changer in terms of ease of use, productivity, and enabling people with not video/audio editing skills.

Vantagens

Many startups with new products use the terms disruptive, game changer, etc. But, in the end few actually are. Based on my experience, Descript is one of those products that really is a game changer. They've taken a fundamentally different approach to video and audio editing by applying a universally familiar document editing UX to video and audio editing. This removes much of the complexity of traditional editing software and puts it into a format that's accessible by virtually anyone. The integrated transcription function is really useful and the Overdub feature is very cool for being able to make edits without re-recording and splicing in audio. And the way it's all integrated with the cloud with one click publishing makes the usability very smooth and frictionless.

Desvantagens

As with any type of new software and when there's a new UX concept, there is a learning curve and things don't always work the way you would expect. Some people experienced with traditional editing software may find the UX a little limiting, but I don't think that's the type of user Descript is targeting with this solution. I've found the learning curve to be very fast at the beginning , so you can be up and running with it and creating content quickly. Once you need to access more advanced features it takes a little bit of time to figure out where the feature is and how to use it, but nothing out of the ordinary. I think it's just that the initial experience of being able to edit video/audio in a word processor is so good that you are then surprised when some of the more advanced features are not quite as intuitive.

Rowan M.
  • Setor: Entretenimento

Excellent for podcast editing

Avaliado em 23/06/2021

I love Descript and have recommended it to several other podcast editors who now use it too. I use it for a "story edit" of each episode, taking the full audio then chopping and rearranging it, plus taking out filler words etc.

You can do compression/EQ/music/bumpers/etc. in Descript but I prefer to export to a full blown DAW for that part. Descript would be great for this stuff if you are editing your own podcast and audio engineering isn't your primary focus.

Vantagens

Being able to edit text and have that automatically edit the audio is an amazing time saver. I was skeptical of the quality of edits this would provide, but 95% of the time the cross fades etc. it adds are spot on. For that 5% of the time where it's not quite right, you can easily adjust things using the waveform editor.

Desvantagens

The transcription service seems to have been primarily trained on white/European-descent speakers. I've edited several episodes with African guests and the transcription is awful. You can still use it to edit the audio OK, with some laughs at the mistakes it made. But, if you want to publish a transcript then you're basically rewriting the whole thing.

Audacity, Pro Tools e REAPER

Razões para mudar para o Descript

The ability to edit a transcript (with fallback to waveform editing) is a complete game changer. I can focus on the content and just drop out to audio editing when I need to. I still use other DAWs later in the process, but Descript makes that big edit of 90+min of raw audio for each episode so much more manageable.
Rohit J.
  • Setor: Rádio e televisão

Most amazing audio editing tool I’ve used in 20 years

Avaliado em 15/06/2021

I love editing audio and video again. I feel like I’m editing a taking Word Document. Simply amazing. Try it and you won’t go back to editing only using a waveform.

Vantagens

This is a whole new way to edit audio and video content. I love the fact that there are frequent updates and new features. Simply amazing to edit content.

Desvantagens

Not much in terms of audio processing. No noise reduction, etc.

Razões para escolher o Descript

Audition was getting to be too expensive as part of the CC Suite.

Software anterior

Razões para mudar para o Descript

At the time I chose it because of price. But when I used the free version I was hooked and signed up for a paid version.
Jeff A.
  • Setor: Entretenimento
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Five Stars Across the Board

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

It's been wonderful. Since I discovered this at Podcast Movement in 2019 it's revolutionized production on the show. I've also used it to in my day job too to help my company do training videos. It's a software I use everyday.

Vantagens

Descript is so easy to use. It's cut down the editing time for our podcast interviews and the overall show while increasing our quality. With the ongoing new features too, like Overdub and the ability to generate Audiograms, the service continues to get better. The transcripts have also allowed us to increase the accessibility for our podcast and the generated videos while helping to keep costs down (and as the AI continues to improve, our time to correct transcripts as also gone down)

Desvantagens

The feature that needs attention is how the software deals with silence. Long silences are treated as "speakers" with the AI is deciding who it detects speaking. That causes issues with transcript correction. In addition, things that are actual silence can be removed, such as laughter or crosstalking or words the AI might not know. That adds extra editing time so those things are part of the final product. I'm hoping this aspect gets updated soon.

Deborah B.
  • Setor: E-Learning

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Language compression for better listening

Avaliado em 23/06/2021

I am committed to continuing with Descript since it enables an ease of editing I haven’t found anywhere else.

Vantagens

My favorite aspect of this software is the ability to delete filler words, shorten pauses between phrases and make my guests sound so much better than they do in the rough interview track. I love being able to edit the audio file by deleting things from the transcribed text and being able to go back and forth between editing in the text and editing in the audio file. The last episode I edited on descript cut 20 minutes off the interview. Then I bring that edited track into garage band to add intro/outro music, etc. ( i know I’m supposed to be able to do all this inside descript but I haven’t taken the time to learn how to do that.

Desvantagens

Poor transcription of non native speakers. Not knowing how to add in existing transcript and match it with the raw interview track before editing.

Andrea B.
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

mind blowing functionality

Avaliado em 28/01/2021

Hands down the easiest video and text editor out there. features are mindblowing and makes editing fast and convenient. I recommend this for any video and podcasting editors.

Vantagens

love that the transcripts are very accurate
the product has so many features and i am learning new features everyday
love that i can eliminate 4-5 pieces of software
love that i can create audio grams
very easy for editing text and video

Desvantagens

there are so many features, it does have a long learning curve with some of its functions
the demo videos are a little confusing and I had to watch them a few times to figure out how exactly to do certain things.

Adam C.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

You can build your whole business around Descrtip

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

Huge time-saver. I look forward to creating video clips and editing audio (it makes a tedious experience more fun!). But more than anything it has allowed us to systematize our process in a way that wasn't possible before. We can do things now that would have required extensive domain knowledge before.

Vantagens

What I love most about Descript is that it makes the process of creating audio and video clips (as well as editing for podcast episodes) super simple. I also love how often the team updates the software and releases new features. I feel like my trust in Descript is well-placed.

Desvantagens

I wish there was more flexibility in the export options. For example, we can do 90% of our audiogram/videogram workflow in Descript, but we still have to move into something like Adobe Premiere for that last 10%. If there were just a few more customization options, we could do 100% in Descript. That said, many of the features I love didn't exist in the beginning, so I'm confident it will eventually get there, and am not worried in the slightest about building our processes and systems around Descript.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Redação e edição de texto

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

project editor for visual learners

Avaliado em 17/06/2021

Overall it's an innovative product and a lot more cost-effective than others on the market. It may not be perfect but it has helped me a lot in my projects. A clever virtual multi-tool for creators.

Vantagens

I like that I can edit a video based on the visual transcription, The AI and that while I'm recording I get a transcription simultaneously.

The features I desire most are a dark mode feature, a chroma key feature so I can add light overlay and animation. I would also like a pause feature added to screen recording and voice recording because I use this to help me think in between recording without stopping the session. And please fix bugs such a lagging.

And the integrations I would recommend are Audacity, Davinci Resolve, and Anchor FM because that is what I use.

Desvantagens

Sometimes there are glitches if I am working in multiple windows and Ill get error codes. Sometimes it's hard to place tracks on the timeline, You click where you want it to go and it goes somewhere else in the project. I want some filler words to stay included and it's hard for me to figure out how to keep them. When I record audio and mess up, the overdub function doesn't pop up when I right-click. I wish the zoom and pan were smoother looking.

Bryan G.
  • Setor: Roupa e moda

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Makes editing a podcast so much easier!

Avaliado em 23/06/2021

It's been great. We started a podcast with no background in audio production and were doing fine with Audacity, but Descript just changed what we felt we could do, and how much time it takes to do it. I've recommended it to many people already and I expect I'll recommend it to many more.

Vantagens

It's very easy to use as a novice. There are lots of functionality buried within that I know I'm not utilizing, but I don't need it to get my job done. I love the ability to edit the audio by editing text and adding music onto my podcast voice files is straightforward. This is by far the easiest editing tool I've tried.

Desvantagens

There are lots of features that I know exist but that I don't see or that I don't know how or when I should use them. This is on me to learn, but I do wish tools would provide access to mini-tutorials from within the main workspace so that when you are working you could better identify whether that functionality you've never used might help to solve your problem.

Amelia G.
  • Setor: Educação superior
  • Porte da empresa: 1 001-5 000 funcionários
  • Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

An Interface That Brings Editing to All!

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

The ability to edit the transcript and audio and visual simultaneously saves HOURS of time, and allows me to pull off large-scale projects on a tight timeline without working over hours. SO easy to integrate into accessibility initiatives with the .srt exports directly from the transcripts. The automatic removal of filler words and inclusion of multiple speaker tags are fantastic features.

Vantagens

This software utilizes the experience of using a word processor, and harnesses it to help make an editing process that is intuitive, easy, and efficient. This makes it a time saver for me, and I have been able to teach non-design and non-tech colleagues how to use it in order to share the production work across various projects with ease.

Desvantagens

Initially, the transcript and audio functions worked excellently, while the video was still a but rough. Now, though, Descript has spent several months upgrading and updating their platform so that the video editing is much more seamless and more can be done through the platform to produce great videos. The overdub is clever and helpful, but requires quite a bit of honing to get high-quality results.