Descript

Software de gestão de transcrição e edição de vídeo e áudio

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

165 avaliações

Suzi
Suzi
  • Setor: Petróleo e energia
  • Porte da empresa: 51 - 200 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Descript is an excellent tool that is quite easy to use.

Avaliado em 17/03/2023

The audio editing and transcribing program Descript is fantastic. In order to clean up an audio recording, it helps to be able to modify a transcript and search for filler words and recurring phrases.

Vantagens

I appreciate that it is a software-based service that I can have on my laptop and work on whenever I feel the urge to do so. When attempting to detect speakers, its auto transcript performs quite quickly and accurately.

Desvantagens

Unfortunately, the transcript isn't flawless. In order to get an exact translation, human editing is necessary. It's also inferior to programs like Audacity and Adobe Audition for fine-tuning audio.

Aemyn
  • Setor: Mídia digital
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

The future of podcasting is still just over the horizon

Avaliado em 20/05/2021

Overall, using Descript is a super positive experience.

We're able to preview episode scripts...

Overall, using Descript is a super positive experience.

We're able to preview episode scripts with clients which makes the approval process a better experience for them. Our scriptwriters are able to work directly with the audio and transcript at the same time and when they're done, we can export the raw project for cleanup and sound design in an external DAW which is awesome forethought from Descript. With other projects, editing and sound design and exporting can be done entirely in Descript and I'm really happy with the results.

Despite its limitations and bugs, I still struggle not to recommend Descript to anyone making a podcast.
Whatever you're doing, there is a good chance you will find a place for it in your process, just maybe not as much or as reliably as you would like.

Vantagens

Descript is a strong collection of audio tools that just weren't available when I started making podcasts. The ability to organise, collaborate and publish an audio project in the cloud with a friendly interface is great and used to be a huge pain to figure out. Editing audio with the transcript and the waveform at the same time allows you to skip a bunch of technicalities and focus on your creativity. Video capabilities expand the possibilities, and the overall suite of tools make me rethink entirely what podcast editing can or should be in a good way.

Desvantagens

Stability is the biggest problem I have with this. After working on about a lot of different projects with different collaborators, I'm still coming up against things that make it freeze, make it crash, or break a project (usually salvageable at least), and end up needing to work around issues to keep things rolling.

Also, while Descript has a lot of features, in comparison to any long-standing audio software it leaves so much to be desired. There are many missing tools that would add a lot of room for creativity and technical cleanup. Things like audio meters, noise gate, spectrum analysis, filters to automate creatively, ducking, but also the more unexpected effects like reverb, stereo delay, pitch shifting, layered FX, these are all things podcasters of any kind might want to use for effect at some point and many folks I know can't, or don't want to tell their stories without them.

This is especially true for video which misses on some basic transformations like rotation for text and images.

Soundtrap

Razões para mudar para o Descript

Soundtrap as an editing-with-transcript tool was way too limited when I looked into it. Although it would fill a lot of gaps missing among the Descript audio tools, it wasn't anywhere close to a worthy comparison.
Kelli
Kelli

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Best audio trancription for the money

Avaliado em 10/09/2023

Vantagens

We use descript for two things: audio transcription (sometimes many hours a month) and for text based video and audio editing for staff who are less tech savvy. It works beautifully for both things.

Desvantagens

I get so frustrated with the CONSTANT moving around of features and the sunsetting of classic might even make us switch projects. The editing aspect especially, we use it because it makes sense for folks who are more word (rather than visually) focused and for less tech savvy employees who just need to take out a word here or there or trim a video. The constant messing around with the environment confuses folks!

Nathan

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Potential game changer for podcast editing

Avaliado em 18/05/2021

The concept is amazing and could save hours on a podcast edit…
but, it just doesn't work correctly...

The concept is amazing and could save hours on a podcast edit…
but, it just doesn't work correctly or as you would expect a lot of the time. Once the automated transcription improves and the workflow stabilizes, this could potentially replace the various tools I use to edit audio and video.

Vantagens

The ability to edit an interview or podcast just by editing the text is incredible.
The workflow is fairly straight forward – import audio file, choose how to transcribe, wait…, edit the transcript & audio in various ways, export or publish as needed.

Desvantagens

The automated transcription is good, but not great. There are always little errors that seem obvious to a human – capitalize the first letter in a sentence, don't capitalize a word in the middle of a sentence, abbreviate doctor as Dr. when a name follows, etc. – and they seem to always show up, even when they've been corrected previously, so it's unclear whether the 'machine' is actually 'learning'.
The app appears to not be built as a native app for macOS which means it lacks certain core features. The most annoying to me is that the window always opens in the default size (i.e. small) and never remembers the sizing or positioning that I choose every time I open it.
The developers are rapidly adding features, but almost too quickly. Once I get used to a feature or function, it doesn't take long for the menu item to be changed or moved (Share, Export, Publish all do similar–though different–things, and have each had their turn as a unique menu item or being grouped together in various ways). I got very efficient at correcting the transcription (which, unfortunately, must be done frequently) until they changed the entire process of editing the transcript.

Otter e Rev

Razões para mudar para o Descript

Descript has the potential to do it all – transcribe, edit, publish – for one subscription.
Bryan
  • Setor: Roupa e moda

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Makes editing a podcast so much easier!

Avaliado em 23/06/2021

It's been great. We started a podcast with no background in audio production and were doing fine with Audacity, but Descript just changed what we felt we could do, and how much time it takes to do it. I've recommended it to many people already and I expect I'll recommend it to many more.

Vantagens

It's very easy to use as a novice. There are lots of functionality buried within that I know I'm not utilizing, but I don't need it to get my job done. I love the ability to edit the audio by editing text and adding music onto my podcast voice files is straightforward. This is by far the easiest editing tool I've tried.

Desvantagens

There are lots of features that I know exist but that I don't see or that I don't know how or when I should use them. This is on me to learn, but I do wish tools would provide access to mini-tutorials from within the main workspace so that when you are working you could better identify whether that functionality you've never used might help to solve your problem.

Amelia
  • Setor: Educação superior
  • Porte da empresa: 1 001 - 5 000 funcionários
  • Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

An Interface That Brings Editing to All!

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

The ability to edit the transcript and audio and visual simultaneously saves HOURS of time, and allows me to pull off large-scale projects on a tight timeline without working over hours. SO easy to integrate into accessibility initiatives with the .srt exports directly from the transcripts. The automatic removal of filler words and inclusion of multiple speaker tags are fantastic features.

Vantagens

This software utilizes the experience of using a word processor, and harnesses it to help make an editing process that is intuitive, easy, and efficient. This makes it a time saver for me, and I have been able to teach non-design and non-tech colleagues how to use it in order to share the production work across various projects with ease.

Desvantagens

Initially, the transcript and audio functions worked excellently, while the video was still a but rough. Now, though, Descript has spent several months upgrading and updating their platform so that the video editing is much more seamless and more can be done through the platform to produce great videos. The overdub is clever and helpful, but requires quite a bit of honing to get high-quality results.

Chelsey
  • Setor: Serviços a indivíduos e famílias
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Makes editing my podcast a breeze!

Avaliado em 18/05/2021

Overall experience has been a breeze. So grateful for Descript. Makes editing audio simple and fast.

Vantagens

I love that I can basically edit my podcast episodes by working with what is essentially a word doc. The auto transcriptions are super helpful for pulling quote, clips, and soundbites - especially if I ever go back through and just want to skim the content (without having to listen for a specific section of the episode.

Desvantagens

I don't have many cons to share. If I were using the transcripts as part of my finished product I might like them to be a bit more accurate, but it looks like there are frequent updates to make them more and more spot on (with easy enough features to customize and dial in the exact transcript where needed).

Audacity

Razões para mudar para o Descript

The transcript feature won me over immediately. Plus the overdub functionality, which I haven't needed to use yet but am very fascinated by.
Tom

Tom’s review

Vantagens

It takes a completely unique approach to media editing, with the content and concept as focus instead of just abstract files.

Desvantagens

When I get used to a function it changes quickly with updates affecting work flow. However sometimes the changes are easier.

Denys
  • Setor: Formação profissional e coaching

Making Podcasts and YouTube Video

Avaliado em 17/06/2021

Descript was the tool that allowed me to go from an audio only podcast to video podcast.

Vantagens

Ease of editing by working with the transcript and not the video & audio only.

Desvantagens

The continual updates. Seriously this has got to stop. Every single week a button has moved or been added or changed shape. Please stop. I would pay triple to stop the changes.

iMovie

Razões para mudar para o Descript

The built in transcription and ease of editing.
Jes
Jes

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Missing link software - hope it sticks to its strengths!

Avaliado em 22/06/2021

I love descript (although less than I did since the video editing features were added)
Descript...

Descript solves several problems for me. It helps both me and my clients go through interviews more quickly and accurately - and helps with dialogue choices early on in an edit. The compilations I make in Descript I can recreate easily and quickly in Premiere. And then at the end of my process I can output with subtitles - accurately and easily. If I am making animations then I can get accurately time-stamped voice recordings and generate audiograms which make it easy to time the animations precisely.

Vantagens

The product is pretty easy to use straight off the bat but its when you get the transcripts back that things really get interesting. The way the text and audio/video files are linked is totally special. You can change one and the other follows. You can copy and paste text and the media comes along too. Once you've compiled your rough you can export

Desvantagens

Software feels a bit slower and bloated now due to the addition of the editing features - and a bit more sensitive to handle. I have to be more accurate when I click!

Heather
  • Setor: Contabilidade

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Do You Edit? This Software Will Change Your Life!

Avaliado em 15/06/2021

I LOVE this product. I tell everyone I know with a podcast to use this software. It seriously has changed my life. I'm able to edit much quicker and can cut and paste easily by viewing the text.

Vantagens

Taking out filler words takes only a few seconds - this is an amazing feature that can save HOURS of time. Not only does it work for audio, but the video is nearly seamless when using this feature.

Desvantagens

Due to it being on the cloud, the video is slow to respond when editing.

Juma
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

One of most powerful tools for video creation

Avaliado em 18/05/2021

Captioning for one. Transcripts for content repurposeing. Fast video output.

Captioning for one. Transcripts for content repurposeing. Fast video output.

Vantagens

I got this tool for captioning initially, now I use it for all my videos. It's easy to use and the support was good. I also found creative ways to use the timeline to animate images. The control over audio gain, compression etc.

Desvantagens

No COPY and PASTE function for video clips.
How clips are pinned is still a bit of a mystery to me.
Inability to save editing templates.
No green screen support.
Why do clips shorten from the back?

andrea
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

mind blowing functionality

Avaliado em 28/01/2021

Hands down the easiest video and text editor out there. features are mindblowing and makes editing fast and convenient. I recommend this for any video and podcasting editors.

Vantagens

love that the transcripts are very accurate
the product has so many features and i am learning new features everyday
love that i can eliminate 4-5 pieces of software
love that i can create audio grams
very easy for editing text and video

Desvantagens

there are so many features, it does have a long learning curve with some of its functions
the demo videos are a little confusing and I had to watch them a few times to figure out how exactly to do certain things.

Daniel
  • Setor: Produção audivisual

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Transformative product with lots of bugs to work through

Avaliado em 17/06/2021

We save tons of time with Descript. It also helps us collaborate as producers (it's so easy to jump into a project and help with a specific subtask). It also helps us collaborate with external stakeholders, like clients or consultants. They can see the progress, provide feedback in a simple way and even write into it if we give them that access.

Vantagens

Editing text instead of audio has revolutionized my company's workflow. We make podcasts and it has saved us tons of time to use Descript for highly produced shows. It doesn't really help with weekly shows that require minimal editing and fast turnarounds. But for months-long narrative projects, it is so incredibly easy to edit text linked to audio and then script around that. We then export to Audition or Protools to mix and score. But having this step along the way saves many hours of time and improved collaboration with internal and external people.

Desvantagens

It's really buggy! Things stop working frequently. Then Descript fixes it. Then there's another bug. I have faith that they'll get to a point where I'm not running into bugs every week or every few days, but it is frustrating for now.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Setor: Rádio e televisão

I use Descript Daily and its irreplaceable

Vantagens

I love how it makes editing podcasts easy with my clients and collaborators. Editing the text to edit the sound is a really handy feature. Filler word removal has been great

Its great for recording scripted ads too as I can quickly punch in/out to get the right cadence and ultimately the best take

Desvantagens

There are some glitches when it comes to collaboration i.e. not being able to make comments (and notifying your collaborator) until the audio is transcribed, which as a collaborator on someone else's drive I cannot do

Room tone generation seems to be selected as default

When using filler word removal, the cuts can sound quite harsh and require spaces before and after to sound natural

Richard
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: 10 000+ funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Fantastic Must Have Software!

Avaliado em 23/06/2021

Overall the experience is extremely positive, so much so I now use this software daily. The business benefits to me are astounding, allowing me to transcribe, overdub and use the many features on descript to make my life easier, make me more productive and increase my efficiency.

Vantagens

Transcription, text search, the ability to use the software effortlessly means this is a crucial piece of software to me both personally and professionally. I love the feature of after transcription, clicking on a word and playing the video from there, such a simple feature but I am sure was very hard to implement from a programming perspective.

Desvantagens

I think it would be great to see a thumbnail overview of projects currently being worked on, having that option as well as list view would be very helpful to me. Sometimes the software can be buggy in terms of asking something to be transcribed and it says this cannot be completed at this time. The other thing I like least is after you've imported multiple files and transcribed them, the software can re-order them, then the videos and transcription are out of sequence, there is no easy way to re-order them and get them to where you want them to be.

Monico
  • Setor: Fotografia
  • Usado Mensal durante 1 a 5 meses

Video interviews made easy

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

I used descript to build scripts from video interviews on a few jobs so far. I love removing filler words, “um’s” and “a”s.

Building scripts from transcription services is great, but you still have to mark with a time code and match clips to get the work done.

I love theses of exporting the xml and seeing my work in Final Cuts after editing in descript. Saves me hours.

Vantagens

The difference Descript has over other transcription services is that you can
1. Create variations by making different projects
2. Export XML to Final Cut or Premier for an edited version that speeds up workflow for interviews and the spoken word.

Learning the software is pretty straight forward and they have great tutorials when you run into a snag.

Descript has been a game changer for my corporate and personal profile video workflow. I share the script with my client and ask them to highlight stuff they want me to try and keep in their spoken word. When I’m done putting a rough together, I send them a link from the site. Super easy and looks really professional.

Desvantagens

I can’t really say there are any con’s at the moment. This software tops the other transcription services that I was using and wouldn’t go back because of the features and cost of descript.

Matthew
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

A Work Of Genius In Progress

Avaliado em 20/05/2021

Honestly, I don't know how I would do what I do without it. My one regret is I didn't discover it sooner. Not only is it a great product, but it's constantly getting better. It's exciting to be a part of!

Vantagens

It does so many things that I need it to do. It handles the end-to-end process of recording, editing, polishing and presenting audio and visual self-created media, and does it with class.
The 'hook' that originally set me on to the software was the functionality of being able to edit text and have the audio automatically edited. Previously I was using standard audio editing software, and because I do a lot of editing (mid sentence edits, changing the location of words) I would probably have had a breakdown if I hadn't found Descript.

Desvantagens

I think it's not quite right to describe these as 'cons' as the software is continually being updated, and users finding areas for improvement is part of the process.
As you use the software more, you discover things that you would like to have differently. For example, at the moment, you can't pause the Screen Recorder - not a massive issue because you can delete gaps automatically - but still something that should be fairly easy to add.
These issues don't bother me, because I know I can send an email and there is a high likelihood that the issue will be fixed.

Winnie
  • Setor: Formação profissional e coaching
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

Descript is a Podcaster's Dream

Avaliado em 23/06/2021

I use Descript every week to edit and produce my podcast. I recently hired an editor and he uses it too. It has been a great tool. I was able to figure out how to use it and produce my podcast quickly. And it's fun to use!

Vantagens

I love that I don't have to be a sound expert to edit my podcast. It's like editing a document so it makes it really intuitive and easy to edit, add music and produce a podcast I'm proud of.

Desvantagens

There are quite a few features so sometimes I get the sense that I'm missing out on ways I could maximize this product and tool. There are probably some videos available but the more the better. Also maybe some guidance on how to build up my skills on Descript - like where to start - would be helpful.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

All-In-One Content Editing Solutions That is Affordable

Avaliado em 17/11/2022

I have saved countless hours using the transcription and text-to-voice features. This is the first software that I find to have a natural sounding AI with affordable price tag. I also could make the AI learn my voice and my inflections, and become one of the AI speaker, so I don't have to record my voice ever again

Vantagens

Text-to-speech feature. The feature could learn my voice and turn it into an AI voice. Now, I don't have to record my own voice for the audio of my next video project

Desvantagens

In the span that I have been using the software, there has been major updates and changes made. More and more features have been added like the video editing for example, and some changes to the UI. I am mainly using it for audio purposes only, so the new features are not relevant to me. But I still have to be updated with the UI changes as it affects my work flow. I am still in the learning curve to master the software

Andrew
  • Setor: Pesquisa

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

My favorite software - Works great and it's fun to use

Avaliado em 17/06/2021

They have a product called overdub which is really fun to use. I highly recommend it.

Vantagens

This really helps me get my job done,. It's fun to use, too. Great video editing tool and to make content from interviews.

Desvantagens

I'd say my only criticism is the support is slow. But you will be able to figure it all out for yourself. And there YT videos are the perfect way to learn

Melissa
Melissa
  • Setor: Software
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

As easy as video editing gets, if you've never edited videos before, this is it

Avaliado em 12/02/2021

Unparalleled to anything I've ever use and in awe of how well it works every time I use it. Can't wait to see how this solution evolves.

Vantagens

There is absolutely nothing in this world that is easier to use than Descript. It has saved me HOURS of work compared to Camtasia (which is really complicated and hard to learn). You can cut parts out of the video by deleting words from a transcript that Descript automatically generates, and remove filler words (um, ah) with a single click. The final video is better than when I use Camtasia to cut things down to the millisecond. It's a genius piece of software and everyone should try it.

Desvantagens

There are a lot of features I know I'm not utilizing enough.

Lisa

Gamechanger towards efficiency

Avaliado em 19/05/2021

Overall, Descript has made our podcast work flow tons more efficient and can't express how grateful I am for this because podcasting is sooooo much work for a solo practice who doesn't have the budget to farm anything out (except to my husband occasionally, as he's willing and free labor!).

Vantagens

I adore that we can edit our podcast audio and transcript at the same time with Descript! Saves soooo much time. Love that they also make such regular improvements based on customer needs. Great customer service, great product!

Desvantagens

It sometimes is a little glitchy/laggy the longer I'm working in it, but a restart usually fixes it

Kip
  • Setor: Recursos Humanos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Descript is an outstanding platform to create transcripts and edit video

Avaliado em 23/06/2021

I use it in my coaching business as well as the VC business I work on.

I use it in my coaching business as well as the VC business I work on.

Vantagens

Descript is very easy to learn how to use. Just drag a Zoom file over to "New Project" and you're underway. It will identify the individual voices as well as create an "instant" transcript. I especially like the features which get rid of the voice gaps and the unnecessary words (um...like...you know...). Editing is also quite easy to learn and do.

Desvantagens

Sometimes the voice recognition doesn't get it right the first time - it would be nice to have a "do over" button to try it again. Other than that, this is an outstanding program I use on a regular basis.

Deborah
  • Setor: E-Learning
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

Great tool to have

Avaliado em 18/08/2023

I like the software so much it makes my work easy

I like the software so much it makes my work easy

Vantagens

Editing and text to speech, the voice are realistic enough to be used with sounding robotic

Desvantagens

Nothing, I like everything about it plus it is regularly updated