Avaliações do Expensify

Isaac K.

Great Expense Report Software for Small Enterprise

Avaliado em 01/02/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I used this software extensively in a previous position, both as administrator and user. For a small organization, this is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app (which is a great app). Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. The implementation was very smooth and we were able to incorporate everything we needed, including our chart of accounts, into this product. All of our employees loved it and it is especially useful for organizations who either have a lot of people traveling or who have employees in geographically dispersed locations. We had employees living in very remote parts of the world and they were able to capture all of their expenses and submit reports from anywhere as long as they had an internet connection. The product integrates very well with all of the major credit cards so no issue there. I don't think this product will integrate with your accounting package but I don't think you would expect that from a product of this nature or price range. Expensify is hosted on the cloud so no worries about installation and the implementation process went very smoothly for us. Their customer service wasn't spectacular but this product type and cost is such that someone in house should be able to manage everything and you wouldn't likely need to contact them for anything. The product is priced on a PUPM basis and the rate is very reasonable. I highly recommend this product to any company that doesn't already have an expense reporting feature as part of some larger ERM product. You will not be disappointed!!

Vantagens

Ease of use and implementation, low monthly cost which can be scaled as you add or remove users, completely paperless system and ability to take photos on your phone and upload them to the app, and ease of routing and tracking.

Desvantagens

You will not get a lot of customer support and it doesn't integrate well into other applications. I don't think you would expect this of a product at this price though.

Resposta do Expensify

Thank you for the thorough review, Isaac! Apologies to hear our support is not as fast as you'd like, this is something we're heavily investing our resources on and you should see faster response times soon!

In terms of integration, please let us know at [email protected] if you're looking for something in particular. For a full list of our current integrations (including QBO, QBD, Xero, etc), check out https://use.expensify.com/all-integrations/.

Have a great day, and thank you again for leaving us a kind review! We're so glad we're making expenses easier for you and your team!

Christie G.

Good Resource

Avaliado em 18/06/2018

Vantagens

Our company went from using excel spreadsheets to monitor spending and expense reports to using Expensify once it was launched company wide a year and a half ago. In comparison to the old way of doing things, Expensify is a huge improvement. The software can sync with your corporate card (or personal card, if you'd like) so all your transactions are pulled into Expensify automatically. The only time a manual expense needs to be created is if you paid with cash, used a card that is not synced to Expensify or if you're entering mileage. Entering mileage is my second favorite thing about Expensify. It's very easy and can be as simple as inputting your starting destination and ending destination, and it will calculate the mileage for you. My favorite part of Expensify, however, is the mobile app. It allows you to take photos of receipts right away (especially nice while travelling) so you don't have to worry about collecting receipts and scanning them in once you're back in the office. Another nice feature of Expensify is that you can sort and put filters of your expenses to track category spend. This is very nice for our company as we receive some health wellness benefits that allow u to use X amount of money per year so these filters help us track our personal annual spend.

Desvantagens

There are some features that have limited options for settings. The first example that comes to mind is if you take a picture of a receipt on the Expensify app, it will automatically mark that expense as reimbursable, even if you it's not.

Thomas C.

Expensify to the Rescue!

Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 26/02/2019

Organization. Receipt management.

Vantagens

I work overseas. Mostly in Europe and my company is based in California. I work for an international charter school organization basically travel for a living while meeting with government entities about educational opportunities. My whole life is expenses. I spend my own money and get reimbursed so it's critical that every receipt, every lunch, hotel, meal, every expense is documented and saved.

I'm not the best with money and I struggle with organization on the road. Fortunately, Expensify helps me with both. Every receipt I collect can be instantly scanned and saved. There is no limit to the number which is great because someday's I have in excess of 20 receipts.

Expensify tallies my receipts as I go which assures I stay on budget and don't overspend. If I overspend or go over budget I don't get that money back so this feature is critical.

My company uses Quickbooks for accounting and Expensify integrates with Quickbooks effortlessly. For those who do not use Quickbooks, rest easy; there isn't a popular (or unpopular) software that Expensify doesn't integrate with.

If managing multiple receipts and budgeting is important to you, you MUST give Expensify a try.

Desvantagens

Nothing. Expensify is the most complete travel expense app on the market.

Jany C.

I love Expensify!

Avaliado em 16/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Save tons of time for reviewing, approving and reimbursing to employees.

Vantagens

It saves employees a lot of time and hassle on doing the paper work including keeping the receipts. Employees only need to take a picture of the receipt and submit with their phone. It is easy and timely. If expenses are not submitted immediately, at least the scanned receipts are kept in Expensify for employees to submit anytime later. With the feature of the scanned receipts, no more keeping the stack of paper receipts!

Desvantagens

Syncing Expensify with accounting software (Xero) in order to get a complete and updated customer list is not 100% there yet. A lot of times, we couldn't submit an expense marking billable because the customer is not available in the drop down window in Expensify. This requires accountants like us to do extra work in accounting software (Xero) to fix the entry.

Amy H.
Traduzir com Google

I WOULD NOT FUNCTION WITH OUT THIS APP!!!

Avaliado em 15/08/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

My life is easier, I don't have to hang on to receipts that lose their ink. And it automates everything. I love it!

Vantagens

My favorite function of this app is that I simply take a photo of my receipt and it inputs EVERYTHING. It inputs the name of the place the receipt is from, the amount of money, and the date on the receipt. It's so simple! It even transfers my receipts from British pounds to US dollars automatically for me when I'm traveling. Or Canadian, or any other country I'm in. It does the conversion for me. Everything is automated. My life is so much easier, and I don't have to carry any receipts around with me. The other favorite thing is that once I'm ready to send a report in, it can be for the month, or a specific trip, or what ever, it emails the entire report broken down into categories for me in a PDF file with the receipt photos attached in the PDF. BOOM!

Stefanos S.

Reliable and rewarding!

Avaliado em 11/10/2017

- Expense tidying up
- Categorize according to projects, events etc.
- Everything centralized
- Ability to handle expenses with other team members

Vantagens

We have been using Expensify for over a year now and I can say that it we have been pleased more or less. I really like the fact that you are given the ability to manage your expense and categorize according to how detailed you really need it.

In addition, the joint report of all expenses is neat and easy to manipulate. I would say that it is quite user friendly once you get familiar with it (you do need a few times to use it in order to get a full handle on it). The app is a strong point as well.

Desvantagens

Nothing too bad about it. Sometimes it cannot process as quickly as I desire especially when uploading pdf files. Subsequently I have had to log out and log in again to reset it in a sense.

Other than that I would say it is a rather solid service.

Elizabeth B.
Traduzir com Google

I've used Expensify as an administrator and user and have benefitted greatly in both aspects!

Avaliado em 10/01/2018

Vantagens

I find that as a user, the interface is very user friendly and easy to use. I can simply upload receipts and add comments to my expenses. I find it is also easy as an administrator to reject expenses and add comments as to why they were rejected. So easy to use!

Desvantagens

The only thing that is hard is that a report won't allow me to add an expense to it in the app. The expense needs to be added first before it can be added to the report, which is hard. Also, it would be nice to make expenses for distance in the app. Perhaps I am able but just don't know how. If so, it could be helpful to make this feature easier to use.

Resposta do Expensify

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that we are helping making your job easier, both as an admin and an end user :)

In regards to distance expenses, you can definitely create this via mobile if you click the (+) button located in the top right corner of the mobile app on the Expenses or Inbox tab.

To add an expense to a report on the app, simply click into a report and you should be directed to a window with a (+) button in the top right corner. Click that to add a new expense to the report.

Hope this helps, thanks again for using Expensify!

Davidq H.
Traduzir com Google

The best solution I have found for the retaining and coding of receipts!

Avaliado em 14/11/2017

Vantagens

This is the best software/app I have used to date to manage employee expenses. As an accountant, there is a constant struggle to get employees to retain and code their receipts; Expensify makes it easy for both! The receipt matching and scanning functionality has really impressed me as well. Take a picture of your receipt, and, most of the time, it will auto-match to the corresponding transaction. Another great feature is that Expensify will generate audit-able receipts for certain small transactions.

Desvantagens

Expensify's per user pricing can be a large deterrent depending on company size. A bulk pricing option would be much more tantalizing for larger and even mid-size companies.

Expenses made easy.

Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 17/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall Im happy. They have a powerful app and uploading expenses is quick and effective. The app is decent so saves you having to use the web client. Overall it does what you need it to do, but theres some advanced functions that Expensify is missing that its competitors have (Listed above).

I would recommend this vendor if you want speed and simplicity, but if you are interested in the more advanced functions and automation then its worth having a look at competitors first.

Vantagens

- Very easy to upload receipts
- Handy email reminders
- Variable options for tax which helps when working internationally
- Options to retract submitted expenses to correct mistakes without waiting for them to be declined by financing teams

Desvantagens

- The receipt scan function is slow, to the point where everyone within our teams choses to manually upload the receipt info. This is fine as it doesn't take long but it makes the scan option pointless.
- No geotagging to show location of your purchases, such as you see in Monzo/Revelout/Stirling bank etc.
- Occasional software crashes, quite a minor complaint as you simply re-launch the app and continue
- No way to automatically link into a bank card, so your expenses don't automatically upload - This would be such a game changer!
- No total expenses viewable on app, you can see the total value of each individual claim but if you want to see how much you have claimed over the week/month/year you need to manually add them up.

7.0/10
Kiana B.
Traduzir com Google

Expense reports made easy!

Avaliado em 07/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I'm not kidding when I say I recommend this product to EVERYONE! When I give people nonprofit management advice this is at the top of my list. Great experience with this product and fast and effective customer service!

Vantagens

This software is extremely user friendly and makes expense reports a breeze, no more saving receipts on long trips or doing paperwork. I love that it syncs with your card/bank and automatically brings in the expenses and gets smarter as you set categories so the longer you use it the easier expense reports become. I've only used the expense reports side of things so I can't speak to the other services they offer. But 10 out of 10 would recommend this product, also VERY affordable and you can have on your computer, tablet & phone makingit so easy to use!

Desvantagens

There are times my card/bank becomes unsynced. And it may only be a week at a time. This has happened a handful of times to me in the past 4+ years so not a deal breaker but just something to be aware of. The customer service is always yuck to fix whatever issue though :)

Traduzir com Google

Expensify overcharges for their "Corporate" platform and becomes useless once your bank feed breaks.

Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 31/01/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Was ok and saved time, before it broke.

Vantagens

Ease of launch, mobile app works decently well. Onboarding support was decent, but sadly short-lived. They still offer monthly pricing. If you're tempted to try their Corporate or higher plan, DO NOT sign on to their annual pricing plan, see below for why.

Desvantagens

Google "expensify known issues". Review the list of the corporate cards that they don't support. Be aware that they are not disclosing the many other corporate cards that their platform doesn't support.
If you're lucky enough to use one of the corporate cards that they are currently supporting, be aware that their connection to your bank feed can break at any time. Generally, this will happen after your promotional period has ended and after your onboarding support contact has moved on.
Once the bank feed breaks you're left with only chat support, which will take an average of 12 hours or more to respond to you.
When chat support responds, it's clear that they are pasting from support scripts that have no relevance to your situation. Most responses will assume you're on a Team plan, and initially offer troubleshooting steps aimed at those clients. You'll have to explain that you're a Corporate client.
Once you explain this, you'll wait another 12 hours for a response from someone who hasn't read the prior communication chain and you'll have to explain yourself again. this sort of back-and-forth goes on for some time.
Eventually you'll get them to admit that the only work-around for a broken corporate card bank feed is a manual CSV import through each individual's account.
Don't expect any meaningful response or acknowledgement if you bother to question the fees you're paying for broken corporate access. They will not listen and will not offer any discount or refund.

Resposta do Expensify

Hi there, thank you for leaving your feedback! I apologize for the issues you've run into but definitely want to clarify a few things:

Re: corporate card connections. Bank connections may break for any variety of reasons, including (but is not limited to) bank maintenance, connection issues, changes in usernames/passwords, and more. Unfortunately most of these are out of our hands, but we do keep an updated list of known issues here: https://docs.expensify.com/setup-for-submitters/advanced-configuration-for-submitters/bank-import-faqs-and-known-issues.

Re help responses. We definitely don't want to have you waiting 12 hours for a response and it doesn't help that there are a lot more help requests coming in at the end/beginning of a month around billing time. I've let the team know of your concerns and will continue to improve on our response times, especially during busy periods.

Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention!

1.0/10
Traduzir com Google

Super easy expense tracker for business, reimbursement, or personal

Usado Outro durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 01/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Helped me track my travel, business and personal expenses

Vantagens

Expensify is extremely easy to use. You simply take a picture of your receipt or invoice and it digitally reads the receipt, figuring out what it is for, the amount, the payment method, and the merchant. It's not always perfect at doing this, but it's usually pretty accurate. You can create "buckets" so you can keep your expenses separated by type, so if you need one for your work and one for your personal and one for your side job, they can all be separated. It's also great for trips or for tracking receipts for reimbursement. We used it at my church to track things we bought for the church, and I've used it on business trips to track my reimbursable expenditures. This is made easier by the fact that you can then run reports on your expenses so you can hand those over to the other party for reimbursement or expensing.

Desvantagens

As I mentioned, the automatic detection feature is not always 100% accurate; some manual editing is sometimes required. Also, I've had some issues with the app freezing or the camera not working. Overall though, it manages to take most of the pain out of expense tracking.

Nadia U.
Traduzir com Google

I used this product when I was a remote worker for a startup

Avaliado em 10/04/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Quick reimbursement, ease of use, instant upload of receipts.

Vantagens

I used to hate doing my expenses because the paperwork was overwhelming. Everything about this tool is great--I can upload receipts instantly and assign a client and project to it. I'm always aware of the status of my reimbursement. It also is great for international travel, converting currencies. I get reimbursed quickly, which leads me to believe that the reporting is organized and easy to approve.

Desvantagens

There aren't many cons that I can think of, as I used it for submitting expenses only. If you have any issues, you can get a direct response through email and phone.

Jahangir A.
Traduzir com Google

Smart Solution for all kinds expense reimbursement and reporting.

Avaliado em 09/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have been using this software tool from 2014 to till now. So, I am used to submitting all of my company expenses via Expensify weekly based. It's really helpful and amazing tools who saved my times and make my all financial reimbursement process easy and simple. There is some issues, bugs and updating with longtime issues which are really frustrating. I hope Expensify team will improve this matter soon.

Vantagens

1. Simple, anyone can easily operate this app/website without having pre-training
2. Website Design, useful tools to create reports are really great.
3. Report generate, modify is pretty simple and smart AI system to rectify any man-made error.
4. Controlling and distrubuting reports to multiple label of Finance and Accounts are highly streamlined.

Desvantagens

1. Sometimes I lost the entire report without seeing its update. Still has some serious bugs.
2. Hang up and not working too long time to come back to online during website updating or ease issue.
3. AI for auto creating reports and manually input data are mismatching and annoying.

Traduzir com Google

Upload receipts and easily generate expense reports

Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 08/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Simple expense reporting software with automatic tagging OCR for receipts

Vantagens

My favourite feature is by far the receipt scanning ability. Whenever I travel abroad for business, I come home with a handful of receipts as I don't have a corporate credit card (I do not travel frequently enough). Taking photos of all of my receipts and dragging them into expensify saves me a tonne of time. I've also heard from colleagues that there are features to integrate with taxi/uber apps so that business travel is automatically raised as an expense but I have yet to try that out. Basically, the more automated the process of putting in expense reports can be made, the better! I rarely use the mobile app to put expenses in, just by virtue of the fact that I usually just email all the photos to myself to do back in the office, however I do like knowing when expenses have been paid or to check up on their progress from mobile.

Desvantagens

I find the the IA of the app confusing. I use the software only every month or so, and I am always confused by the fact that there are expenses, and then there are reports... so sometimes it takes me a while to realise where to go to submit my expenses. When not in the context of a business trip, I often have adhoc expenses for things, and so it feels weird not to be able to submit these without generating a report to put them in. Perhaps it is a business process feature, but it is definitely a stumbling block for me every time.

6.0/10
Daniella R.

Expense Tracking Made Easy

Avaliado em 20/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Expensify has made tracking expenses easier than ever. It saves me time and stress, and I know no money is being left on the table.

Vantagens

Expense tracking is typically a grueling experience. Everything from keeping track of expenses, to avoiding mistakes when reporting them is a headache. Expensify is the only thing I've used which actually makes the expense process enjoyable. The GPS mileage capture and automated reimbursement features are amazing, and everything else about the platform makes tracking expenses easier than ever before. Fixing the expense process is no small feat, but Expensify has made it extremely intuitive and pleasant.

Desvantagens

The interface can take a little while to get used to, but once you get the hang of it it's actually quite simple.

Traduzir com Google

Best tool to track my expenses

Avaliado em 23/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I am now able to track my expenses and mileage in one location and have an overall better tracking and organizational management of each item.

Vantagens

As a personal trainer, I spend a lot of items out of pocket and travel that needs to be reimburse. Expensify is one of the best software I’ve used to track each item for reimburse or to write off on my taxes each year. My favorite feature is that I can take a picture of my receipt on my phone and upload it to my expenses, as I tend to lose my receipts!

Desvantagens

I have not encountered any issues within the past year of using Expensify.

Shoaib S.

Snap...... and its done.

Usado Outro durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 18/06/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

From all the other products i tried, this is by far the best and easiest to use.

Vantagens

The best feature is the smartscan feature. Once you set up the currency, it segregates everything accordingly and saves you the trouble of manually entering it. Even if you have no internet connection, it saves the request and once u go online it will analyze the scan and store it for you.The reports generated are also very well detailed.

Desvantagens

I had a technical error, maybe it was my mistake, because it didnt happen to any of my other collegues where the expense trip report closed automatically. But that is easily solved by logging on the web version and activiating it again.

Andrew P.
Traduzir com Google

Ideal for a small business

Avaliado em 26/06/2018

Vantagens

Being a small business without a full time bookkeeper, we use Expensify to keep all the many expenditures and accounts organized between sessions with our accountant. Expensify's integration with Quickbooks Online is very helpful as well.

Desvantagens

We would benefit from a more detailed mobile interface, having the ability to create subcategories of expenses. Although a lot of this can be updated though once the Expensify transactions are synced with QuickBooks. All in all, this is a very helpful app for our small business.

Easy expense reporting tool

Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 22/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

My company uses Expensify for expense reporting and tracking. Very easy and efficient tool.

Vantagens

I use Expensify to report my expenses related to work travel. I have the app on my phone and it’s really easy to add expenses as they are incurred, rather than doing in bulk later. I can take a picture of the receipt on my phone and either use OCR to scan and populate fields or manually enter and save photo to expensive for additional verification/approval. I can easily see any expenses that might fall outside of policy limits, so I can submit additional justification to get it approved, rather than having to go back and forth. I also get automatic updates once my expense reports are approved and again when they are funded.

Desvantagens

Very few cons because it’s easy to use. However, OCR can be slow at times, so I often manually enter the fields which is fine for me. Additionally, when you create a new report from the app, it isn’t super intuitive for where to change report comments and details. I have submitted reports thinking it was all updated by name, only to discover the comments were wrong and pulling from previous report. Just requires a bit of searching to update these sections in the app before submitting.

Expensify Honest Review

Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 24/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall experience has been great. I love from a user experience how easy it can be to submit expenses and receive a reimbursement. From an administrators perspective it can be a real pain going through everyone's expenses and sometimes correcting them yourself.

Vantagens

I have a love hate relationship with Expensify. First with the positive, I love how I am able to expense items through the company and receive a refund in a relatively short amount of time. I love how you're easily able to take pictures of receipts and collect new expenses. Overall, a straightforward easy to use application.

Desvantagens

Being on the administrator side as well the categories are an incredible pain. For the most part it is straight forward but from experience I've had so many instances where I reject expenses from the team because they are not categorized correctly. This take up so much of my bandwidth during my day when it really shouldn't be. I wish there was a simpler way to automate categories but as of right now it has been reeducating the team on which expenses so into which category.

5.0/10
Ben B.

Easy receipt/expense management

Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses
Avaliado em 29/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This is the best receipt management tool I've ever used.

Vantagens

First, Expensify's smart scanning feature is super duper easy and saves me a ton of time. Actually keeping physical receipts during travel is very annoying, and I've lost them before, which is a pain. But Expensify pulls all the data from a photo of the receipt, and allows you to edit it if necessary (the scanning is not 100% perfect, but it only has issues in very few instances). Once the data is pulled from receipts, it can plug into Quickbooks or whatever other accounting service you use.

There are many other parts to Expensify, like a time tracker and reporting functionality, but I use them less frequently than the smart scanner. For many types of organizations, I imagine that will be the most useful features, as it allows employees to be reimbursed efficiently, without too much hassle.

Desvantagens

Like I said, the Smart Scan feature is not accurate 100% of the time, but it's pretty close. The upside is that you can edit data if necessary, so it's really only a problem in rare instances.

Other than that, I really don't have any criticism for Expensify

Fantastic Tool

Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 06/03/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, we really like Expensify and the pricing structure works so well for us given our infrequent use. There are many features and functions that we don't need as a company, but considering the features that we do use are so easy, I would guess the rest of the product is just as great!

Vantagens

We mainly use Expensify for reimbursement reports and to track credit card receipts. We don't even use it to its fullest function and still highly recommend it. Especially now that the pricing is based on usage, it's a no brainer! You only pay for it when you use it and based on how much you use it, which means there's really no risk in purchasing a subscription! It also makes reviewing and reimbursing reports easy and the historical reporting is very handy if a question arises after the fact.

Desvantagens

The only thing that can be confusing is that you have to add an expense and then start a report and link the expense to the report. Every employee I've ever worked with has gotten tripped up with this step, because instinctually, everyone assumes you can start a new report first and then add an expense to the report. In general, this is a small complaint, but it would be more intuitive if the first step was creating a report.

Travis E.
Traduzir com Google

Expensify solved our receipt problems

Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
Avaliado em 31/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We no longer have to keep paper receipts, and Expensify even tracks international service charges to match out of country purchases to our credit card bills.

Vantagens

We used to have to keep paper receipts and scan them into emails, Expensify has solved that while also making it easy to reimburse someone when they use a personal account to make a purchase.

Desvantagens

Sometimes Expensify will disconnect with our bank software and we will not be able to submit reports until they reconnect.

Steve C.
Traduzir com Google

Expensify has helped us manage our expenses and brought our whole team to the next level!

Avaliado em 12/06/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Helped our whole team better manage our expenses and finances. And helped our small nonprofit stay on top of our finances and stay compliant.

Vantagens

Extremely simple and intuitive. Snap a picture of a receipt and let the software do the rest. It's like having your own personal finance assistant. I love it!

Desvantagens

I've had a few issues here and there with the credit card import sync, importing expenses properly from bank account. I've also had a few sync issues with quickbooks category sync.