Avaliações do Paymo

Task Management, Time Tracking and Accounting for SMBs

4.7/5 (334 avaliações)
Leonardo L.
Traduzir com Google

Simple and beautiful online solution to handle my small design business time tracking needs.

Avaliado em 29/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The main reason for switching to this software is that it allowed my entire team to track time. After using the software for a few months, there have been several benefits from using the software:
- Interface is very clean and allows to track much more data that I was able to do before.
- As stated in the pros, one of the best feature of the software is that it allows users to create task lists individual for each project. This allows our office to set up each project exactly per the contract. This keeps a tight control on the time spent on the project and allows tracking of additional services that are not part of the original contract.
- I am working on the invoice template for the office. If i am able to set this up correctly, invoicing time would be reduced significantly each month.
- The ability to track time directly out of the windows environment is great.
- I am not using the time tracking feature on my phone, mostly because i spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, however other people in the office are using this feature and are happy with it.
- Next step for us is to start implementing control on billable hours per user. This will allow us to control billable time and help organize employee time and work.

Vantagens

I have looked at several options for my company and decided on Paymo for the following reasons:
- The software has a very clean and intuitive interface
- One of the best features is how you can customize how projects are set up and tracked. You generate a task list that is checked off as you move trough the project. This is an amazing feature that organizes the project while it tracks it. It took a lot of effort to re-design how my company tracks project but in the end I am very happy with results.
- Pricing system is fair and scalable.
- The software comes with a windows desktop application. It also has a more advanced feature where it automatically calculates how your time is used -I have not tired this yet because I don't think it would work for my office.
- The ability to enter the time on a weekly calendar is fantastic. The software also has a bulk time add feature if needed.
- I am able to export all of the data in CSV format
- You are able to invoice directly out of the software - I have not been able to set up this feature yet but i am working with the support team to figure out how to make it work for my company.
- The software has several features that I have not been able to implement yet.
- Customer support has been great, answer is usually within an hour or two directly from the developers.

Desvantagens

Below is a list of some of the limitations i have encountered using the software.
- The calendar time-sheet input is great, but it should allow drag-paste feature. This would make entering time so much faster. Not a deal breaker, because in the end time input is fairly quick.
- I was not able to import the data from my previous time-sheet software. I would like to see the option to import bulk time from an excel spreadsheet if needed. This is not a critical feature, but I have several years worth of data, that for now have to keep in a different software.
- The software comes with some standard invoice formats, it does take some effort to create custom templates. Architectural service invoices tend to be fairly complicated, I have not been able to set up the invoices as I would like yet. Support is working with me on this issue, so hopefully I can report back once I have it all setup.
- You can create custom reports for anything you want, so getting the data out is not a problem however I find that the process is a bit more tedious than what I was accustomed to before. To be fair I still need to learn the software.

Hi Leonardi,

You can use click and drag in Timesheets in the Day and Week view to create new time entries.

Data can be imported/exported by using our API.

You can also clone time reports, so after you get your desired settings for one report, you can clone it and only change some of the settings.

Traduzir com Google

Awesome issue management software with good time tracking

Avaliado em 24/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I would recommend this service to every middle sized company, which is looking for a good solid isseu tracking software.

Vantagens

The time tracking and the desktop app for tracking are one of the best I've seen so far. This is one of the major point we choose this service of others.
The issue mgmt and reports are also quite handy.

Desvantagens

The resource management could be improved and also some minor bugs.

Frank V.

Constantly improving

Avaliado em 14/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better.
The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

Vantagens

- Great, flexible project management tool
- perfectly scalable
- a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.)
- provides a lot of insights per project and client
- Very friendly and personal customer service.
- Good value for the money

Desvantagens

- Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them
- Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow.
- A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Karen D.

Excellent Time Tracking and Team Scheduling Application

Avaliado em 18/09/2017

Vantagens

easy to use, reliable, accurate time tracking. Robust features. Unlimited clients and projects. Each project will have a dashboard showing total hours worked and how many tasks out of total have been completed. Projects can be tracked by custom categories, like bid, active, on hold, lost/won, archived. Task view can be switched between list, table, and kanban; users can collaborate by commenting on tasks, attaching files, assigning the task, and setting due dates. Team Scheduling allows you to see who is busy (or overwhelmed) and who is free to work on more tasks. Accounting features: Invoicing, Estimates, Expenses. The built-in timer makes tracking time spent working on tasks quick and easy.

Desvantagens

Paymo is constantly improving this software and adding great, new features. One that would be helpful is the ability for each user to have a view showing all the tasks assigned to them, sorted by due date. Currently there is a My Tasks section, but it only sorts by Project Name.

Hi Karen,

With adding the Home area we also improved the My tasks area and added more filters and different views.

Aaron D.
Traduzir com Google

Paymo is great for time tracking and more!

Avaliado em 22/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Paymo makes tracking time a breeze with great management features and role capabilities. Absolutely love the granular control on the reports and ability to manage users, projects, tasks and more. Support has always been super helpful - only contacted them twice in the last 4 years though...so that should say something. Shop approved!

Vantagens

We've been using Paymo in our web development shop now for years. We love the time tracking widget and always have it up on our desktops or phone to track the time we spend bouncing from project to project. Forgot to turn off the timer? No problem - can easily fix it and be on your way. Setting up projects, tasks, user management - all a breeze. The Paymo team keeps coming out with new features and what used to be just a time tracking tool is now becoming a full on project management tool. We're actually looking to expand how we use Paymo very soon...

Desvantagens

For how we're using it right now, we don't use all the project management features and have found that PaymoWidget 4.0.19 actually works better for what we need presently. As we move our org forward though, we'll be adopting their newest widget.

Liviu B.

Best Project Management Solution

Avaliado em 26/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It is really easy to keep track of all the work that has been done. I'm not sure if it's generally the best project management software out there, but it definitely is the best for our company and our business model.

Vantagens

In the beginning it was just a software that we could use to time track all our tasks and projects, but it grew on us and right now our business depends on it. It is really easy to use, very easy to keep an eye on the team, and extremely useful in keeping track of all the work that the team does.

Desvantagens

There are not many cons to this software, but if I had to nitpick I would probably say it could have more financial management features, since this is the software that we use for invoicing and keeping track of our finances.

Colin H.
Traduzir com Google

Deceptively well-designed app/software. Excellent value and clever too.

Avaliado em 04/05/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Do the free trial to see why. You'll get an initial impression that compared to the feature rich apps of Wrike, Asana, Basecamp, Teamwork and many others that Paymo is fairly simple. It is but it has some very-well considered functionality around user permissions, pricing and invoice/report generation. The user interface again looks simple but works great.
For us, what's great about Paymo is:
1. Pricing. Great at $4.95 per user. That's a real per user price. 1 user = $4.95 per month.
2. Additional users (we use many collaborators) can then be switched on/off as required.
3. Good user permissions (switch on/off admin, tasks, projects, invoices, estimates, expenses)
4. The general focus on user performance metrics/utilization (with a good dashboard + individual user metrics by hour, month, project and billed/unbilled time.
5. Fantastic, customisable client reporting and wrap-up invoicing with unlimited free client access to these features*.
*The invoice module ($9.95/month per account - which is great way to charge for this) monitors unbilled time with a one-click invoice generation button. That's a great feature whether you use Paymo to send (and receive payments) or not.
In similar fashion, the client report generation tool is cleverly set-up so you can group time/costs by client, user, projects, task lists, tasks, time, day or billed status as well as include the original budgets by project or tasks. For us that's a massive time-saver and a feature-set that not available or so quick and easy to manage on any other PM system we've tried.
The con's on the present feature list (hence why I've only rated Paymo 4 stars overall):
1. There's no easy to see/use UI control over project/task timescales.
2. Equally, no-billable tasks/reminders don't sit as well in the system.
3. Updates aren't realtime, another great Wrike feature.
4. There's no client/guest access to the project details (which I would have thought Paymo could add easily, by making making the default user status 'view only'.
5. Generally speaking Paymo isn't a slick or richly featured as other leading-class PMs.
However, as of May 4th 2016 there's a promise on Paymo's pricing page that Gantt charts, task scheduling and progress tracking is 'coming soon'. Would be great to know roughly what that means Paymo but those three features even if relatively simple but robust (in Paymo's style) would considerably round-off and build-out the Paymo App experience.

Alison P.

Paymo pays for itself...

Avaliado em 23/06/2015
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

As a very small business - there are only the two of us - I needed a way to accurately track the time we were spending on client projects. Paymo does that for us in a very straightforward way, and the click-and-create reports mean that I can see the information I need for invoicing and get an overview of how we're working through the agreed hours very easily. Not only is our invoicing more accurate - nearly all our monthly invoices have increased as we're not forgetting the odd half-hour here and there - but I also have the answers to the 'what were we doing all day' questions when we spent time on non-chargeable tasks and I'm able to keep a better track of those tasks, too. (I don't use Paymo's invoicing facility - it seem straightforward enough, but I want to do all my accounting in one application to simplify the VAT process.)

Vantagens

Support is fantastic - I have only had to ask for help a couple of times, but when I do the built-in online help facility means I get an answer very quickly, using language I understand.

The other thing that is great is the flexibility of the reporting module. One of my clients likes to see how we're using up the agreed project hours as we go through, so I have created a report just for him and given him the link. He's happy to be getting the information he needs to plan without my having to spend time getting it for him.

Desvantagens

Most of the things that were on my wish list have been incorporated into recent releases. The only one I would still like would be the ability to share reports within the company - at the moment, I do a screenshot of the configuration and my employee copies it. It's not a huge issue, but it would be useful to be able to have personal and shared (company-wide) reports.

John D.
Traduzir com Google

Paymo is very user friendly and intuitive.

Avaliado em 14/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The software saved lots of time on repetative non-billable tasks. It gives us more control over data and helps us narrow our focus on the parts of projects that need more efficiency.

Vantagens

Paymo is easy to learn, manage, and use. The price is right for most any size company and the core features are well tuned. It has saved time when preparing timesheets each week and helps us track our hours very efficiently. In a service based industry, a software like Paymo takes the uncertainty out of knowing whether or not you are on target.

The ability to gather vast amounts of data in seconds really has helped analyze our effectiveness at estimating and highlight areas for improvement.

The software's permissions setup and general user interactions are much more suited to a company that has competent employees, unlike competitors like T-sheets (quickbooks). Other time trackers tend to assume the employees are incapable of managing their timesheet and set up a lot of rules that act as roadblocks to efficiency. Paymo maintains control without becoming overbearing.

Desvantagens

The built-in invoicing feature is a little difficult to fully customize. It has "custom" options, but they are not full control. It does allow for custom coding for invoice generation which we are doing now, but this requires someone on staff who is fairly well versed in HTML and other scripts/codes.

I wish that Paymo would talk directly with a desktop version of Quickbooks, but it does work with Quickbooks Online through Zapier Apps.

Luis daniel R.
Traduzir com Google

Ideal tool for project management from small companies to big ones

Avaliado em 12/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I'm solving the business problems of:
- having all the project planning and content in one single place
- tracking the time

Vantagens

I like the user interface, is very clean and friendly. it takes less than 5 minutes to understand how everything works which is a great advantage to train other people to use this tool. I love how you can organize all the tasks, content and planning for each project. I've been using this software for about 5 years now and will definetely recommend it to others.

Desvantagens

I don't like that they still don't have an easy to use mobile app that shows all the content of a project. the mobile app is very limited. I hope that they can improve and give the mobile development a higher priority since we live in a mobile world these days.

There's no way to capture screenshots of what other employees are doing or measuring the productivity

Peter W.

Team management made easy

Avaliado em 01/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

Paymo has transformed how our team works, making time tracking easy and allowing our project managers to accurately assign work to colleagues.

Vantagens

You can create custom invoice templates, some of our invoices can be rather complicated but Paymo made it easy to set them up.
The time tracking feature is incredibly easy to use, when trialing other applications our staff would always lose interest and forget to update theirs after a few weeks. With Paymo it was so easy to use that our staff have actually stuck with it!
Paymo is constantly being updated based on user feedback, the developers really do listen to their community!

Desvantagens

Tracking a large number of projects at one time can get quite confusing, you can label and categorise them but when working with tens' of small(ish) projects the user interface get's rather busy.
The ability to import previous projects / calendars would be excellent, currently these have to be manually entered in.

Gerrit V.

Paymo has a cool widget

Avaliado em 17/05/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Time tracking is a matter of discipline. Paymo is easy enough to use on a daily base, I had little to no trouble on adapting to the habit.

Vantagens

The Paymo setup is quite easy and transparent. In order to customize it for our needs, I found out that I could perhaps manipulate the hierarchy of clients / projects / task lists / tasks. Before doing so, I checked with their Support desk (live chat!) to make sure I wouldn't run into problems later on.
So now, we have a structure that fits our needs pretty well.

The application allows for many views (tables!) and reports.

Desvantagens

For managing a team, it would be nice to have options to save filters, so that you can quickly jump from one view to another.

Some views are a bit too bland, making me feel a little lost on where to go.

Anne-marie R.
Traduzir com Google

Excellent Project Management Software!

Avaliado em 09/03/2016
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

I have been using Paymo for about a year now and it has changed my productivity for the better. As a Freelance PA/Project Manager I work for different companies so it is imperative that I can track my time spent on different projects and tasks. Paymo does this easily and with no fuss.

Paymo is easy to set up and use. The free trial is perfect for trying out Paymo. I did just that initially and was so impressed that I had to continue with the paid version of Paymo.

Once Paymo had been set up and customised I could just log onto Paymo each day and easily track time. It is easy to switch between projects too. Paymo has an overview of hours worked, unbilled amounts, milestones, discussions etc so easy to see at a glance progress per project.

At the end of each month I use Paymo to easily invoice my clients. Just one click of a button to invoice unbilled time, check the invoice and send by email! Easy. Paymo then keeps a list of invoices sent out which can be updated to show status. The invoice itself looks very professional and I easily added a company logo. There are custom settings to save the text to be used when sending out invoices.

Customer Service is impeccable, on the few occasions I have needed to ask a question I have had fast, helpful responses and have always been dealt with very professionally and quickly.

I highly recommend using this project management software, it is time saving, quick, easy and can do an awful lot to assist with the admin side of running a business. I wouldn't be without it! Thank you Paymo!

Initial free trial.
Easy to set up and use.
Easy to customise.
Easy to track time.
Easy to invoice clients.
Reporting option available.
Excellent customer service, fast to respond and very helpful.

Desvantagens

I can't think of anything.

Juan pablo C.
Traduzir com Google

Paymo is an invaluable tool for Law Firms.

Avaliado em 24/05/2018

Vantagens

It allows our clients to know the time we dedicate to each of their cases.
Clients can review the expenses generated by their affairs.
The Law Firm knows how much time we dedicate to the affairs of each of our clients, and allows us to detect how complicated or simple an issue is.
We can assign new lawyers to each case in a simple and intuitive way.
The reports are easy to read and of great quality for our clients.
Its mobile tools are simple to use.
The software for the computer is simple and intuitive.
It has plans and prices that are adapted for each work team.

Desvantagens

Some sections are not translated completely into Spanish, as is the case of Team Scheduling, but this has met all our expectations.

Hi Juan Pablo,

We're currently working on improving the translations and we're rewarding users that help. For more details, please get in touch with us by using the in app help button.

Claire C.

Paymo for start-ups

Avaliado em 09/06/2015
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

I started a business earlier this year. My budget was very tight, but I also knew what I needed in terms of a time tracking app. I searched around for a free app, and found Paymo after trying a few others first.

Paymo was the easiest to start using immediately and had the functionalities I needed. Even the free version of it had what I was looking for.

Actually, the app gave me more than I was looking for. The best part of it? It provides all the functionality you need but also doesn't take forever to learn how to use. That's important to me, because I just don't have the time to study all the apps I need.

Soon, I will become a paying client, but I am writing this out of gratitude. I am amazed that Paymo offers a free version and it's definitely the one I will stick with when I can afford to start paying for the upgraded version.

Thank you Paymo, for helping a small start-up company like mine!

1. Functionality - it has everything you need
2. The support is outstanding and fast
3. It is simple to use and to figure out
4. Allows me to add my own logo to reports
5. Allows me to add time manually
6. Allows me to show exactly what I am busy with

Desvantagens

It may very well be my own fault for not going through any tutorials, but the only draw-back of the app (it could also be due to me using the free version) is that I have to delete the project each week so that the report will look as I want it to in terms of the hours.

What would make things easier for me (this could also be my own fault for not checking a tutorial) is if I did not need to add new tasks in weekly because I delete last week's project for reporting purposes.

Please excuse me if this is my own fault - it could be, so don't take my word for it as far as the cons go!

Haley S.
Traduzir com Google

Paymo Review--difficult to learn, but once you do, beneficial.

Avaliado em 15/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, I think it's going to be very beneficial for our company. I'm still getting used to all the features and navigating what will work best for our unique situation, but all the diverse functionalities of Paymo make me believe that whatever we want the software to do, we can make it happen.

Vantagens

Time tracking and comments. The time tracking makes payroll and time management much easier and the comments section make it to where communication can be very much like social media in the threads and everything is contained within the project. It makes it easier to stay organized. The customer service is also incredible. Very helpful and VERY fast which helped me learn the software quicker. I was also very thankful for the video tutorials on the website.

Desvantagens

The learning curve. There are many many customizable functions which is great but having never used it before, it was difficult to navigate all the options. It might be best to have a short questionnaire right when you purchase the program that asks what you are going to use it for...maybe rating a few things in order of importance, size of business, what you do, etc. and there can be a default setup that lets you customize as you go without having to make so many decisions up front? But I know each business is so different. Which makes this software great for almost any company. Just a little overwhelming at first.

Steve P.
Traduzir com Google

Excellent time recording / analysis tool that has always been good, and is still getting better.

Avaliado em 06/09/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Great visibility of where time is being spent, including analysis of time write-offs, job profitability and staff productivity levels.

Vantagens

Paymo is easy to use in configuration, time recording and reporting. It's a great solution for scheduling and recording staff and subcontractor time.

Desvantagens

Paymo is attempting to make the transition from a time recording utility to a full-blown project management tool. In this regard it has a way to go, so it's sort of caught in the middle at the moment. I've made a couple of attempts to work with the auto-time recorder, but have given up each time (but that's possibly more related to the fragmented nature of my work - your mileage may vary.

Popa I.
Traduzir com Google

I've been using Paymo for 1 year now. It is of great help - easy to use and very friendly interface.

Avaliado em 30/06/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Fantastic added-value to my business.

Vantagens

It is one of the most friendly timekeeping software I've ever used. Although I do not use all its functions (e.g. accounting), it has proven to be a "must-have" for my professional activity. I really appreciate customer support - all queries addressed over time have received prompt and useful response. The price is competitive and the budget options provided are highly appreciated. I warmly recommend the software.

I also love the option to fill-in time both bulk (e.g., 2 hours) and by hours (12:00 - 14:00). My clients really appreciate this kind of transparecy.

Desvantagens

It would also be of great help if time reports could be exported in Word format (editable). This is not necessary a "con", but an improvement suggestion.

Leshante H.
Traduzir com Google

Time Tracking, Invoicing, and More...All In One!

Avaliado em 21/07/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

For a few years, I've been using Paymo and it has become an essential part of project management for our business. We're able to keep our project, client and time reports organized, as well as files and invoices...yes they offer an easy invoicing system that integrates with the tasks and projects created very well. So, they've been good to us and are constantly improving to keep up with the needs of their customers!

Vantagens

Everything I listed in my experience, as well as the other features like team collaboration (that we haven't tried yet, but are going to in the coming months)

Desvantagens

Without the invoice add-on, you only have the option to create one invoice per month...I wish it were at least 2 :(

Denise S.
Traduzir com Google

Can't imagine running my own business without it

Avaliado em 23/03/2018

Vantagens

I absolutely love Paymo Plus! I've never been able to work with stopwatch-like time trackers so having Paymo Plus run in the background tracking my time spent on client projects is amazing. It runs all the time and at the end of the day, I simply allocate the entries to my different client projects. And being able to not just check how much time I spent on a day, in a week, month or year, but also per project, client or task is priceless.

Desvantagens

I don't use the task and project management features at all and the same goes for the invoicing. More specialised app are better for that.

Gary S.

One of my 'must haves'

Avaliado em 14/11/2016
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

As a freelance programmer I've tried and/or used a whole range of tracking and project management software over the past 20 years or so but Paymo has come as close to the perfect solution for me as I'm ever likely to find.

Vantagens

I use the Mac widget most of the time. I find logging in to online services irritating so Paymo is perfect. Everything goes in via the (unobtrusive widget) and I log in to the Paymo website maybe once or twice a month to create reports. The time tracking reports are very professional and easy to create.

Desvantagens

I can't think of any other than maybe that it doesn't have a cup of coffee ready for me in the morning :)

Traduzir com Google

Paymo is a great tool for management and tracking time on projects, and is very easy to pick up.

Avaliado em 24/07/2018

Vantagens

I liked how easy it is for a new user to pick the tool up and figure out how it works, and I like the visuals they use to show how much time you've worked/how you're splitting time between projects.

Desvantagens

While it is easy to use, it's pretty lacking in features - other management and time tracking tools have more features (like easy ways to access documents, add detailed notes, etc.)

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that we integrate with Google Drive so you can add file to and from Google Drive account to your Paymo account.

Also you can add task descriptions, comments, create topics/discussions etc.

Ben O.

Simple but great

Avaliado em 05/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I use Paymo to organise my time and projects across three businesses. I've used various task managers and high-end project management software in the past, but Paymo hits a real sweet spot for me.

Vantagens

It's a really simple interface, but still has enough features to make it usable. I evaluated around ten other project management tools before selecting Paymo. Tech support is friendly and responsive.

Desvantagens

I'm not sure if this is just a limitation of the browser, but I find the interface a little slow at times. It doesn't really slow me down significantly, just used to using lots of keyboard shortcuts. More standard spreadsheet-style table entry would be good. But honestly, it's great.

Danielle S.

Great Product Must Have

Avaliado em 24/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Being able to track the hours and what project goes to which client has been so helpful.

Vantagens

As a graphic designer who needs to keep track of hours, I have always been able to depend on Paymo to keep accurate track of my time. Being able to send the data to my clients is a plus.

Desvantagens

I had some issues with the desktop app so I started using it directory from the site to track time.

Traduzir com Google

One of the best activity tracking and project management.

Avaliado em 26/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I am a freelance photographer and paymo helps me to balance my work with my freelance job. It is free for a freelancer which makes it more preferable.

Vantagens

Paymo is a really very effective activity tracker. I like how much it is offering for free accounts. I started paymo as my project management with a time tracking application. This helps me to show estimate times for every workes. All the data in my hand now I can see that I was billing far less.
Now when I see a project I can get the estimate and accept offers, so I don't overdo myself which lets to fragile health. I love the reporting and a huge space to store my desktop screenshot and reports.
For a freelancer, It is free of cost which makes it more suitable for me as I also work as a freelance photographer. This helps me to manage my whole time work and freelance photographer.
Kanban is the best and simple board style helps me to get things done quickly.
Fully featured desktop and Android applications are just best for on the go and mobile workflow.

Desvantagens

I didn't find any bad things about it. But I must say it needs some time to get used to it because there is a lot of options in the desktop.