Filtrar por
Classificação geral
Tempo utilizado
5 avaliações

WhiteSource Software

Open source security and licenses compliance

4,2 /5 (5 avaliações) Escreva uma avaliação!
Classificação geral
Udi M.

FOSS lifecycle management with Whitesource

Avaliado em 10/11/2015
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Using Whitesource to manage the process of analysing FOSS for a large product with hundreds of opensource dependencies.
Makes life much easier and helps you cover all dependencies much more accurately.

Some processes are still a bit course (though improved dramatically over the past 18 months)
Refresh performance might be a bit slow when there are very large dependency lists.

Best product out there for FOSS lifecycle management

Shaul S.
Traduzido para o Português

work with it for a long time still place to improve.

Avaliado em 10/11/2015
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It aggregates my licenses in one centralized place. The software helps me to generate the reports for many requests that I have inside my organization. It also helps me to identify the changes between versions and compare them.

Don T.
Traduzido para o Português

Tons of false positives, prepare to spend hours fixing it manually

Usado Outro durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 07/06/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

After much manual configuration, a nicely formatted output that looks reputable. I could have just made my own in excel a lot faster.

Vantagens

Fast, quick reviews of your code. They do a good job of putting all the relevant reports and dashboards in front of you quickly. Once you manually fix everything, it can look really good.

Desvantagens

The false positives are awful. I had to spend hours and hours manually fixing everything it mis-identified - dozens of libraries and thousands of source files. If you use a library not in its database... too bad. You can make a support request and wait for them to enter it for you, whenever they get around to it.
The search is pretty awful. There is some kind of syntax to using it but when I asked our account rep, she couldn't give me any documentation on it. You will frequently see results like "openssl-v0_9_8" in your search, but if you type "openssl" it will vanish and not come up. Don't ever both trying to search for a version, it doesn't work. This results in a lot of time scrolling through very large lists. Naming schemes are random and follow no established pattern.
For a good half of all libraries, they have not assigned a license. Guess who gets to go google search them all? You, the user! Isn't the point of this tool to help me identify the licensing?
UI navigation is challenging. Back button will take you to a different place than you were almost every time. You'll love the dashboard... because you have to go back to it roughly every 5 minutes and start over.
No great system for notes/todos/reminders. When you have to fix 60 libraries, it's hard to remember what you want to do with each one.

Relação qualidade/preço

Probabilidade de recomendação: 1.0/10

John mcintire
Traduzido para o Português

Easy to use. Saves tons of time.

Avaliado em 28/05/2013
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

We used to document it all manually. Now its done easily and effectively. Not to mention that we missed many things, so with this we were able to fix some small issues before they become big issues....

Vantagens

Alice akins

License Management in the cloud

Avaliado em 17/09/2012
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

I use the free cloud based service of White Source and it is pretty well done. Things get done quickly and easy and the software helps me to track open source licences. There is nothing to complain about it!