Chargebee

Software de pagamentos recorrentes e faturamento de assinaturas

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

51 avaliações

Brad H.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Chargebee saved us a TON of dev time.

Avaliado em 03/10/2017

Vantagens

I love that Chargebee allows young startups to get their feet under them before charging them. The integration into Braintree was SUPER easy and we haven't really had any problems with it since we started using it.

It allows us to manage subscriptions without building our own dev dashboard to do that and gives us much more flexibility than Braintree for doing so. We use coupons to run promos and Chargebee makes that super easy. We use their hosted page for payments inside of an iframe and that has been helpful as well.

Again the biggest thing as a young startup is not having to build all of that ourselves or asking the dev team to make changes every time we need to address an issue. Overall I've been very happy with Chargebee and we plan to continue to use them moving forward.

Desvantagens

I'd love for the reporting dashboard to be a little more robust and user friendly. It's not bad but it could definitely be better.

Being able to accept multiple currencies could also be handled better, but we get by just fine with the way it's set up.

It makes you change your password every 90 days, which is annoying to me but I guess it's more secure...

Mark D.

Everything is in there

Avaliado em 03/02/2022

Good. We used to do manual invoices separate from credit card invoices. Having a single billing systems improves efficiency and we have a single source of the truth with respect ti critical business KPI's.

Vantagens

I like that we can also do quotes from the system that customers can accept and it takes them to the checkout. Huge time-save for our sales team.

Desvantagens

It's hard to do price indexation to subscriptions. It generates credits and credit notes that our customers initially don't understand without us explaining it.

Chargify

Razões para escolher o Chargebee

Recurly was more expensive and could not give us a good deal to their enterprise plan as an existing customer.

Software anterior

Recurly

Razões para mudar para o Chargebee

Chargebee was more simple which suited are business. Chargify was good too. Conceptually they can address complexer issues but it also makes it harder to implement. They could also not support future billing.

Resposta do Chargebee Traduzido para o Português

Thanks so much for your positive feedback Mark. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review! Your feedback enables us here at Chargebee to further develop our products and services. In addition, your review will help our future customers to make more informed purchase decisions. Please do not hesitate to share any other feedback you have in the future. Thanks again for being an advocate for Chargebee.

Giulio P.

Chargebee experience

Avaliado em 27/04/2022

Vantagens

It's really easy to use and handles everything for you + it has great documentation for developers and I havem't encoutered any kind of bug which is truly amazing. Chargebee is basically perfect!

Desvantagens

Didn't find any cons, maybe it can get confusing seen the amount of settings but there is documentation made to help you.

Ryan H.

Grossly incompentant

Avaliado em 21/07/2019

If I could do things over again I would have selected a similar provider even if I was forced to pay several hundred dollars per month it would have obviously been worth it. Now I have to make the decision of whether I want to potentially lose over half my subscribers again like the last time I switched billing systems (to Chargebee) or accept that I'm locked in for life.

Vantagens

Easy to set up and has a good API. Support is good and fast response so long as the issues are simple and don't involve anything technical.

Desvantagens

The backend system is grossly unoptimized to the point many of my customers cannot be billed anymore. I was not informed of these issues when signing up and was promised that the system would be able to handle my very specific usecase. It clearly can't despite me giving them actual numbers. I've already lost over $6000 in charges I can't add to my customers' invoices and a few thousand dollars in invoices that can't be generated. For the past two months I've been unable to add charges for any of my customers and keep getting the runaround by different support agents as to what the cause is. First I was told I was violating a 150 API calls per minute limit despite the fact that not a single call had gone through successfully in the entire time period they were citing but also I'm skeptical of because each API call I make to their service takes between 2 and 10 seconds to complete. Now I'm told I need to batch things weekly because adding charges to my customers is too taxing on their CPUs. Billing line items should scale linearly but it is clear from how quickly their API bogs down that it scales exponentially for them at best and likely even worse. I never had this problem with my previous provider and they aren't even a billing or invoicing company.

Jo B.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Great system, very easy for start ups

Avaliado em 03/03/2022

Despite not being able to afford many of the features our package is still totally fit for purpose and has helped our business grow since we were founded, and the cusotmer support is incredible.

Vantagens

This system is very simple to use and makes setting up subscription management for a tech start up simple. It provides great customer overview and we have it integrated using APIs and zapier into our CRM as well directly into our app to ensure that access and user numbers are controlled by whether a cusotmer has an active subscription.

Desvantagens

There are a lot of amazing features that you can only access with much more expensive plans.

Resposta do Chargebee Traduzido para o Português

Thanks so much for your positive feedback Jo. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review! Your feedback enables us here at Chargebee to further develop our products and services. In addition, your review will help our future customers to make more informed purchase decisions. Please do not hesitate to share any other feedback you have in the future. Thanks again for being an advocate for Chargebee.

Gaurav P.
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Excellent billing s/w for SaaS businesses.

Avaliado em 03/05/2022

The business problem we are solving with Chargebee is managing our Subscription-based billing and invoicing. It has streamlined it very well for us, bar a few hiccups here and there. The support has been tremendous and it has overall been a pleasant experience.

Vantagens

I loved the interface, and how easy it was to set things up for our subscription-based billing. Some of the things I really liked are creating plans, coupons, add-ons, sending payment links, updating invoices and customer info, AND how all of these work seamlessly with each other.

Desvantagens

I would have liked more customisation in terms of invoicing, for eg: set a subscription and add add-hoc line items in it in the middle of the subscription cycle. Another thing which could be improved is the integration with our CRM (Hubspot). Plenty of times, the deal creation from Chargebee to Hubspot either didn't work, or worked differently from the expected behaviour, in spite of setting things up as instructed.

Daniel R.
  • Setor: Varejistas
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

Easy with many possibilities

Avaliado em 03/06/2022

Simple to set up and easy to use. Nice support for customers.

Vantagens

The implementation into our product and Slack. Statistic overview. It is very easy to set up customer and provide them also with info/status mails too.

Desvantagens

To be honest, chargebee gives me more that I expected :D. Billing and subscription service was that what we need. And of course, the different types of mails notifications.

Pierre R.
  • Setor: E-Learning
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] helped me alot during the onboarding!

Avaliado em 08/06/2022

Vantagens

Great to integrate into any website builder

Desvantagens

Difficult to configure but the onboarding process with the engineer fix this issue

Tina S.
  • Setor: Veterinária
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

Great for startups

Avaliado em 19/04/2022

Every interaction with them has been great. They are always friendly and helpful, responding in the appropriate amount of time based on the request.

Vantagens

It is really helpful to have a place to start with all the templates and architecture. I was able to configure everything myself with no need for a developer.

Desvantagens

Although it is a good thing that you can't just go in and delete things, the "archive" function still shows the custom fields to choose from in the email templates. Later in time, someone else may not know not to use it.

Mark A.
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Useful for user tracking

Avaliado em 26/04/2022

Satisfying and reliable until you try to get it to do more.

Vantagens

This gives me a better insight into what's happening with our software (with sign-ups, churn etc) than Google Analytics and other tools.

Desvantagens

Some of the data is artificially limited - like you can only view through 1-8 days, 8-30 days, 30-90 days, 90-120 days...it doesn't make sense, and skews the data.

Nuno L.
  • Setor: Segurança de rede e informática

Our perfect subscription manager

Avaliado em 02/11/2018

Vantagens

We rely on Chargebee to manage subscriptions to our product. It's easy to use and to be integrated, and offers many features such as invoicing, TAX calculator based on location, several plans, offline payments, etc. Customer Support is great and they always hear what you say.

Besides managing your subscriptions, it does something very important. By using their payment form on your website, you can easily integrate with several payment processors. This is especially important if you have payments that have been rejected by one processor and you can send them to another processor. It also reduces the dependency on one single processor.

Desvantagens

The only thing that comes to mind is that the invoices it produces are not legal in some countries. For instance, in my country, invoicing software needs to be certified and to produce a SAF-T file with all invoices, that we need to submit to tax authorities. Since Chargebee doesn't do any of that, I need to have a separate invoicing platform.

László M.

Excellent subscription management platform

Avaliado em 24/10/2019

Overall a very capable subscription management tool with great integrations and great support them!

Vantagens

Excellent platform to manage your Saas Business. Great, very easy to use integrations with many vendors (Stripe, QuickBooks, Zapier, etc). Highly customizable settings for everything: email templates, the general look, and even the workflow & the custom fields.

Desvantagens

Takes some time to get used to how to work together with your app and integrate everything to work flawlessly, but it worth it. I just wished that when the client has to select the quantity of their licenses, you could edit the label from Quantity to "users" or "licenses".

MemberMouse e Stripe

Razões para mudar para o Chargebee

Integrations is a big plus!
Max S.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Basically, perfect in all aspects

Avaliado em 24/01/2019

We're ourselves are SaaS product, and use Chargebee as a backend for our payments and billing. We extensively use addons and various combinations of subscription plans.

I couldn't name another product that I would be that happy with as I am with Chargebee.

Vantagens

- Perfect UX/UI: all the filters, mass operations, detailed settings are available just as I need them, never think a second where to find a function I need
- Great API & integration support
- Very powerful analytics (especially with RevenueStory)
- Awesome support
- A very, very carefully and thoughtfully planned interface with a deep understanding of the user.

Desvantagens

I faced literally two issues through the course of 6 years using Chargebee in production.

Easy Subscription Management

Avaliado em 25/02/2021

It has been useful to set up our automated subscription plans. Creating different plans, promos, and payment methods were quite easy.

Vantagens

Chargebee makes it very easy to set up automatic billing, subscription creation, and setting up promos for our customers. The interface is fairly straightforward to navigate and they connect with much of our tech stack, which helps streamline workflows.

Desvantagens

Not much to not like. There are a lot of settings, such as reminders and notifications that you need to make sure you set up if you want to stay on top of your billing. Once they are set up, they are very helpful!

Alister R.

easy subscription management software

Avaliado em 19/01/2018

managing payments on saas product.

using for invoicing and planning

Vantagens

nice options available to flexible pricing options for SaaS.

complete suite to manage invoicing and recurring payment.

The test site for training prior to using is also very useful. We are able to use it really well due to this feature and we can train new employees on the product as well.

Desvantagens

payment gateway integration can be a little more seamless they always encourage stripe, but a lot of spurious txns get generated on that platform.

Hey Alister,

Thank you for your review :) We¿re happy that you find our product features useful.

Regarding your feedback on payment gateways, we are constantly working towards a more seamless integration.

Apart from Stripe we do integrate with several other payment gateways and Payment methods, please take a look at it and let us know if you are interested in any of these ( you can reach out to [email protected]) . We will definitely help you with the set-up process.

Chargebee

Avaliado em 29/07/2020

This is the first software that I have used and I found it very easy to learn. I spent a morning going thorugh and learning the ropes and was an expert by the afternoon! Their customer service is awesome and provides great help. However, because it is easy to use, I have not had to use their help more than once.

Vantagens

Chargebee is easy to use and quick to learn. You are able to access subscriptions with ease. Creating email templates to be sent out is easy. You can view all of your subscriptions on one page or you can add filters to find one specific subscription, too.

Desvantagens

With the email templates, you have to make sure that the client you are sending an email to, has to be in a filter, otherwise, you send it to your entire client base.

Peter S.

Reliable recurring billing platform

Avaliado em 13/09/2018

Vantagens

Chargebee is a very effective platform for recurring billings. It allows you to create plans, addons, coupons, and invoice reliably time and again.

Desvantagens

Complex billing situations, such as sending a customer a single invoice for several subscriptions, are a bit more complex and require a lot of meddling with the system.

Hi Peter,

We do have a feature called Consolidated Invoicing that provides the functionality to consolidate and send out a single invoice for multiple subscriptions of a customer. We will send out a detailed email to you on this feature at the earliest.

• Setor: Gestão da educação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

It's a useful application if you have the significant large volume of customers for Invoicing

Avaliado em 14/06/2018

Saving lots of time in Invoicing to the customer.

Vantagens

The application is Subscription enabled. So if the monthly billing amount is same then the subscription will create Invoices every month automatically without manual involvement.

Desvantagens

Sometimes due to system error invoices get created and get paid, which is not in order. I cannot bill single customer from to supplier.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review :) We¿re glad that you find our product useful.

Regarding invoicing due to system errors, I would like to understand more on this. Could you please send me your email address so we get in touch with you on this?

• Setor: Internet

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

To be avoided, it will cost you LT!

Avaliado em 20/11/2020

Vantagens

Chargebee started as a good product challenging Recurly but now it's really one of the worst decision we ever took

Desvantagens

Their representative explicitly lied to to us to get us on a higher pricing in order to get his bonus and then you are stuck with another representation trying to get you to pay even to get his bonus aswell for the same feature that were promised earlier by someone else.

Their management really needs to train their staff better & decide on a pricing policy that aligns interest (fixed or variable -- you can have it both ways! )

First chance we get, we get away from this scamming company!

GoCardless, Zuora, Zoho Invoice, Recurly, Stripe e Odoo
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros

• Probabilidade de recomendação 2.0 /10

Just Stay Away

Avaliado em 24/06/2020

I do not recommend them to avoid at all costs sign up for the free trial and process your first $50k free then move on to another company.software because once you start making money they will ask for a percentage of the money you collect. WHy do they think they are supposed to get paid a percentage of our moneyy?

Vantagens

The software is compatible with zapier which makes it easy to connect to other apps. or programs.

Desvantagens

This company is based in the Philippines so the customer support for US-based customers is almost nonexistent. The online chat support is a complete joke because they just enter in "tickets" and never one ever follows up with you regarding an issue or concern. Once I sat down to track the payments that were being processed and the payments "could not authorize payment" but the system was marking the payments as paid. So customers are confused as too why they got an email says they paid but no payments removed from their account. The revenue story is unreliable and I have had to hire someone just to go inside of Chargebee to make sure the payments actually processed. Can you imaging hiring someone to double-check software?

Yuval M.
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 3.0 /10

Good of the shelf product, with a lot of problems when you scale

Avaliado em 05/03/2020

We are still using it, but more because the time and cost to change is very high than for other reasons - and I am not sure that forever is going to be the case. I wouldn't recommend using this product if you need anything beyond the basic subscription management capabilities. Support wasn't good either. In 6 months we had 3 account managers change and I am not even sure how to reach our account manager now. When coupled with the pricing they charge, I wouldn't recommend utilizing this product beyond its basic subscription management.

Vantagens

I love that it has multiple options and features. And the core subscription management works really well. It is great for companies that start from scratch and need quick 0-80 solution.

Desvantagens

The issues start when you go deeper. Revenue story has lots of data reliability issues, slow refresh rates, information that changes in hindsight. The more you leverage the advanced capabilities the more disappointed you are. We had dashboards disappear, web hooks not triggering without any apparent reason and much more. We need to spend hours validating the data and double check three times before we can decide to rely on the output.

• Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Code quality is terrible. UI is confusing. Full of bugs.

Avaliado em 19/01/2022

A total disaster. Spent over 2 months trying to get everything working, but I kept hitting bugs and problems.

Vantagens

The backend code looks nice, but the frontend is a disaster.

Desvantagens

Obviously no one is testing or maintaining the code. It's half baked, buggy and the user interface is bad.

Recurly

Razões para escolher o Chargebee

I don't like Wordpress or PHP and wanted something more modern. Unfortunately Chargebee's code is old and crusty and worse than Woocommerce.

Software anterior

WooCommerce

Razões para mudar para o Chargebee

I should have done more research. Chargebee is a 'unicorn' with 300 million dollars. I don't know what they spent the money on, but obviously not the code. It's all marketing and hype.
Iván G.
  • Setor: Internet

• Probabilidade de recomendação 2.0 /10

Good only if you use the default set-up

Avaliado em 17/03/2021

In the beginning was very nice, but the more I use the product, the less I like it. We are considering moving to a different provider even if this will require to re-implement all our payment process.

Vantagens

At the beginning, when we started using this software, the setup was quite easy and just following their online documentation we could set up everything in our project.

Desvantagens

Things started to go wrong when we try to use a more advanced implementation using their API. Integration with Hubspot was a mess, but we manage to fix that. On the other hand, 3DS implementation is very poorly documented if you don't use their in-house components. The support team is one of the worst I've encountered, they give you contradictory explanations, they don't even properly read the information you provide and it's very difficult to get the level 2 support.

Samir S.

Recurring subscriptions made easy

Avaliado em 13/11/2016

A fantastic tool which makes it really easy to handle all your subscriptions in one place.
Integrate it with the API and you can quickly start charging your customers on any period that you want. With smart and simple integrations to payment gateways you will see money on your account directly and you don't need to handle the credit card information.
New product and coupons is simply added and managed in the interface.
Looking forward to explore the tool even more.

Simple setup
Great support

Desvantagens

Missing the possibility to be able to add multiple invoice rovs to an invoice.

Jake F.
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

• Probabilidade de recomendação 5.0 /10

Powerful product, 1 stop shop for subscription management

Avaliado em 12/12/2017

Vantagens

We rely on Chargebee for the recurring element of our business. It is incredibly flexible in the types of subscriptions you can create, and how you want to manage them. Every single element of every customer's subscription is customizable.

Hey Jake,

Thank you so much for taking your time out to review us.

We¿re constantly working hard towards improving our customer experience and reviews like these

We work hard to meet customers¿ expectations and we are happy to know that we hit the mark for you :)