Avaliações do Resource Guru

Resource Guru

Software de programação de equipes baseado em nuvem

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

500 avaliações

Karl
Karl

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Best SaaS tool we use in our business

Avaliado em 26/01/2021

Vantagens

Resource Guru literally transformed our business. It’s a super simple, yet incredibly powerful scheduling tool. It was very easy to implement and there was no friction onboarding the team. We’ve even setup some automations using their API, which feeds the data into our operational reporting. If you’re looking for a resource management and scheduling tool, look no further than Resource Guru.

Desvantagens

The only thing I would like to see them add is a ‘do this every time’ option when I am asked how to handle a clash, rather than making me choose every time. Our business is such that we have to rearrange the schedule A LOT, and it gets annoying having to select an option over and over when I’m switching people’s schedules and it’s only going to be a temporary clash for 2 seconds. That’s a very small complaint though. Other than that, the software is perfect!

PJ
  • Setor: Automação industrial

• Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Clean, easy to use software with lots of room for growth

Avaliado em 25/01/2021

Overall, Resource Guru has been a welcome addition to our operational process. I have thoroughly enjoyed using the software so far and it has certainly made things easier on myself and my team. Although I have a long list of things I think the software can improve on, I hope to work with the development team to open a dialogue on these additions. I know that our application for the software may be unique, but I'm sure the developments will be appreciated by others as well.

Vantagens

Resource Guru is a very clean-looking software that provides an ease of use unlike I've seen in other products. No training was required to bring my team online with the software, much of it is intuitive. I appreciate the professional look and feel as well as the simplistic interface. Filtering is something that is crucial to our business, and while I love the functionality of it there is definitely room for improvement. Through implementing small workarounds we were able to bring this software online for a team of over 100 field service engineers with very short turnaround (less than three weeks of overlap between the old software and Resource Guru).

Desvantagens

While Resource Guru provides a clean and simple software, at times I find it too simple. There are some features that are built in some places but not others. For example I have the option of custom tags for filtering Resources. I can build out a filter for region, city, desired schedule, skillets, or even favorite food if I want to. However, none of this applies to Projects. I would love to be able to filter projects by region, city, state, or custom tags like skillset and software required. It seems to me that the exact same functionality could be copied and pasted over to Projects.

There are other minor tweaks to be made, like exiting a window. Sometimes I am met with an "are you sure you want to exit" window because I'm currently editing something, but more often than not I am allowed to simply click outside the window or hit escape and all of the editing in progress is lost.

Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to input repeating holidays or events. For example, New Year's Day is always on January 1st. Why do I have to scroll forward and manually input this holiday every year? It would be great to just set it and forget it.

Another addition I would love to see is the ability to mark jobs/projects as tentative or unconfirmed. This could be in the form of a checkbox that adds a gradient to the job so it looks different than the rest. Something simple to differentiate it from confirmed projects is all I'm looking for.

Ana
  • Setor: Software

• Probabilidade de recomendação 4.0 /10

RESOURCE GURU - ok for small and medium companys and/or not too demanding user

Avaliado em 07/02/2020

We use it for micro and macro managing of our team. For bigger companies such as ours it is not flexible enough. Reasons as listed above.

Vantagens

I LOVE the sayings from the sitting guru on the upper right side on the dashboard.

Desvantagens

I miss certain features or find them not to be optimal for end user:
- Colouring certain project or client, without influencing dashboards in other offices worldwide, who happen to work on the same project or client (if I want to mark it regionally)
- Search function is not successfully applicable (you dont't get clean results, without clutter)
- Not optimal print option for weekly overview (Guru in the middle, format wrong)
- Copy function only with shift key + draging the selected entry to duplicate it somewhere else
- Reports export to excell is not usable without modifying the excell spread sheet
- Complicated weekend bookings

Hi Ana

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some difficulties. I wanted to let you know that we have plans to release custom fields for bookings in future, and this should help you to categorise individual bookings without having to use the "Color by" setting.

When you filter resources you will see all bookings which have been made for them, and we are currently working on a dedicated project/client view to make it even easier to focus in on bookings for specific projects/clients.

Resource Guru was designed to be used as an online tool, so we don't have a print feature right now but we do plan to support printing in future.

I can see you discussed the report downloads with our team and I'd recommend you use the XLSX file rather than the CSV file.

When it comes to booking at the weekend, if your resources aren't normally availability you can create an availability exception as shown here https://bit.ly/31H5S6C You can also flag overtime!

Hope this helps :)

Thanks

Collette

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Resource Guru is the best!

Avaliado em 03/11/2023

Vantagens

I can see at a glance who is doing what and when. It's super easy to use and makes my life a whole lot easier

I can't think of anything that I don't like about Resource Guru

Jon
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Useful too for transparency across teams

Avaliado em 21/11/2019

Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Vantagens

I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Desvantagens

I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/

I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :)

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know.

Russ
  • Setor: Aparelhos médicos

Awesome Tool for Resource Management

Avaliado em 01/03/2021

We moved from a home-grown Excel sheet to Resource Guru and it has made a HUGE improvement in employee satisfaction, clarity of assignments, and projecting resource constraints and availability.

Vantagens

Easy to use! Straight-forward user interface.

Desvantagens

I would love to see an easy way to see date/time of when an entry was placed on the schedule and who placed it there. It would be nice to have an "audit" trail of what changed, when, and by whom.

Hi Russ

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We don't currently support a timesheets feature, but this is firmly on our roadmap for the future.
In the meantime you might be able to create your own DIY activity log by sending changes in your account to a spreadsheet using Zapier. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Luke

Highly recommended

Avaliado em 12/04/2023

I have used Resource Guru for almost a decade now and I would be at pains to switch to anything else.

Vantagens

Easy to use and intuitive functionality. Unlike a lot of other management software, with Resource Guru it's clear and obvious how to use it and it's functionality and features. It's so simple yet usefull that all members of the team can pick it up quickly and use it daily.

Desvantagens

It only really does one function. But it does that function very well instead of spreading itself to thin.

Jira, Slack, monday.com e Asana

Razões para mudar para o Resource Guru

Easy to use and intuitive functionality. Not a lot of Project Management tools include scheduling functionality, and those that do don't do it as well as Resource Guru.
Tom

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Brilliant, intuitive platform with top class customer support

Avaliado em 01/07/2022

It has turned something we used to do slowly and manually into something done in seconds.

Vantagens

It looks great, the daily update emails are really helpful, it's very easy to use and the reporting is incredibly useful

Desvantagens

I wish there were more features, especially around putting in (and being able to export) a project timeline with milestones. This would mean you could see the duration of a project and its different phases, then see all the resources booked underneath. I would also love a mobile app!

Smartsheet

Razões para escolher o Resource Guru

Float's pricing structure is ridiculous - there is no help for a small company

Software anterior

Float

Razões para mudar para o Resource Guru

Resource Guru is intuitive and pleasant to use. it's also much easier and makes more sense.

Hi Tom

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Milestones, project phases and a dedicated mobile app are firm features on our roadmap, so I've made a note to contact you once they get released :)

If there's anything else I can do to help at any point please don't hesitate to reach out!

Simon

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Couldn't run the team without it

Avaliado em 24/09/2019

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

Vantagens

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Desvantagens

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Microsoft Teams e eResource Scheduler

Razões para escolher o Resource Guru

The tool was only good for scheduling large blocks of time, was slow and cumbersome. This tool is much more dynamic.

Razões para mudar para o Resource Guru

Exact functionality match to requirements. Originally bought for my team​ only, but quickly expanded to the whole department.
Sonia
Sonia

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Easy to use high level planning tool

Avaliado em 24/09/2019

Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

Vantagens

I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

Desvantagens

I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Asana

Software anterior

Google Docs
Stephanie
  • Setor: Construção

Game Changer

Avaliado em 12/01/2022

Vantagens

The ability to schedule out months at a time. Small projects do not get lost in the shuffle of construction projects that go on months at a time where we are constantly pulling on and off of. It is so easy to use and customize. Field staff caught on intuitively and almost immediately.

Desvantagens

I cant think of anything I don't love about RG. I do not use many of the advanced features because we have project management software that gives us reporting.

Calendly e Microsoft Excel

Razões para mudar para o Resource Guru

It seems easiest and most intuitively laid out.
Nancy
  • Setor: Software

Resource Guru Review

Avaliado em 17/07/2019

Everyone has access to the schedule so each developer or designer not only knows what they're supposed to be working on, but what others are working on. We can schedule months into the future which helps us as we have projects that last months, not weeks.

Vantagens

It's easy to use. Everyone can see what's on the schedule or what they are supposed to be working on. I can see how long a project is in our production queue to ascertain when we'll be finished. I can schedule vacations so others know which resources are available on which date.

Desvantagens

The times are sometimes not correct. It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long, instead of eight. It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day. It's easiest to assign a project for the whole day.

Resposta do Resource Guru

Hi Nancy - thanks for your review. I just wanted to question a couple of things you wrote in the Cons section. You said the times are sometimes not correct - I'd love it if you can send us an example so we can troubleshoot it for you - we are not aware of this happening to any of our customers.

You also said, "It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long". I'm not sure where you see this info - it would be good to assist you further with this. By default a day is 8h long, but Normal Availability is totally customisable at a resource level - this is actually a feature we have that other products we've reviewed don't.

Finally you said, "It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day". Again, this is a limitation we found in other products which is why we made it easy to create as many bookings as you liked in a day - to a very granular level eg for as little as 1 minute.

Would love to hear from you ..

Best, Percy

Emma
  • Setor: Design

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Amazing software that's incredibly useful for our Studio team

Avaliado em 24/01/2022

We as a team absloutely love using RG, we use it on a daily basis and it really has transformed the way in which we work as a team, making us more collaborative and organised.

Vantagens

Can't believe how cheap this software is and all the built in capabilities! It's great, we are a team of 7 and this has helped us with our project management bookings.

You can clearly see what work is booked in over the weeks/months and allows you easily to move stuff round.

Desvantagens

I would like there to be an option to have specific colours per clients. It would also be good if it retained hours per project. For example we have big animation projects in that are broken down into sketches, moodboard, animation etc and would be good to have some sort of log if the time gets moved.

Hi Emma

Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) Customisation of the colour palette is firmly on our roadmap, but in the meantime if you have any programming capabilities at your end you can use our API to add custom colours. You can assign your own custom colours via API right now if you'd prefer. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/apps

Also task dependencies are firmly on our roadmap for the future, I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet; but I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it.

Spencer
  • Setor: Engenharia civil
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Great scheduling app for teams

Avaliado em 24/02/2020

We have a team of 15+ individuals who all have different work/ vacation schedules, commitment levels, and weekly to daily workloads. We use ResourceGuru to organize all of this information into a simple, clean format that is easy to read and quick to update. The main component that we use every week is tracking team member's availability to take on more work (or if they're overloaded and need help). We accomplish this by using the "clients" toggle field, which we set up with levels of availability (Available, Partly Busy, Mostly Busy, and Fully Booked) with colors associated with them (green to red). That way, in one glance, we can see who needs work, and who has too much and could use some help. It's a bit of a work-around, but RG is by far the best platform we've found to accomplish this simple task.

Vantagens

The user interface is very intuitive and it is easy to scroll through the entire team's schedule for the week.

Desvantagens

The cost is considerable, but if your team needs something beyond Outlook calendar to view everyone's schedules in one place, it's a great option for that. I wish there was more compatibility between our Outlook calendars and RG though. Often it feels like we need to have duplicate information in both places.

Hi Spencer

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to check in to make sure you knew about the availability bars? It sounds like you're using a workaround to highlight when people are available, but the availability bars will give you excellent visibility of when each of your resources has availability, right there on the schedule. You can learn about using them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

I hope this helps! If you have any questions at any point please don't be a stranger - we're always very keen to help.

Jane
  • Setor: Formação profissional e coaching

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Value for money and SO easy to use

Avaliado em 20/07/2021

This has saved us countless hours of email writing and phone calls as our trainers can see their bookings without us having to call or write to them each time something changes. All of our sales and booking team can immediately see who is available for times requested by a client. Our Marketing and Finance departments love the reports and they are so easy to customise.

Vantagens

Colour-coded projects, ability to mark projects as confirmed or tentative, able to sync the software to individual calendars, easy to customise reports, everything on one screen, easy to add and customise new resources. I could go on but, this software has grown with our company over the past 4 years and we are all very happy with it.

Desvantagens

The new features that are added are not always in the order we want. For example, it took 4 years for the confirmed/tentative option to be added - a very useful feature for us but I understand that the Resource Guru Team needs to prioritise features based on the overall needs of their customers.

Lara

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Review from a user perspective

Avaliado em 27/11/2019

Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Vantagens

Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

Desvantagens

The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

Hi Lara

Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser.

We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :)

Happy scheduling!

Paula
  • Setor: Serviços meio ambientais

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Provides Great Resource Management!

Avaliado em 20/09/2019

With many staff members doing field work, Resource Guru helps greatly with schedule planning and tracking where staff are at any given time.

Vantagens

This software is easy to learn and use. We can see the availability of resources at a glance, and it's simple to make any edits to current entries as needed. The option to add personal photos for resources is fun to use and adds a bit of personalization to each resource.

Desvantagens

When choosing a date to enter information, we need to scroll over the calendar instead of clicking, because clicking on dates will automatically trigger a window for entering new information.

Kathryn
  • Setor: Biotecnologia

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

We got more than what we expected!

Avaliado em 28/05/2021

We've solved our equipment booking issue and couldn't be happier!

We've solved our equipment booking issue and couldn't be happier!

Vantagens

The interface is intuitive and easy to adopt into our daily routine. Our company has a collection of instruments that were being double booked or under utilized, because our previous scheduling method was murky and unclear. Now, we've avoided double bookings and can complete client work more efficiently.

The most exciting thing about this software is that we keep finding ways to enhance our understanding of our operations (materials and labor costs, in particular) as we use the software. This will help us not only get client work done on time, but give us a more accurate representation of overall project costs.

Desvantagens

I would like a feature that allows us to upload a protocol or document to the booking.

Hi Kathryn

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) It's not currently possible to host your documents in Resource Guru but we do have plans to let you do this in future. In the meantime, you could host your documents online somewhere like Google Drive, then add the direct link to the relevant booking/resource/project/client in Resource Guru. All links in Resource Guru are clickable, so with just one click your team will be able to see the documents you want to share with them.

Adile

Resource scheduling never easier

Avaliado em 09/12/2019

It has make resourcing scheduling so much easier. Staff knows what they are supposed to be working on and managers can plan properly resources and understand conflicts or overtime required to complete projects on time.

Vantagens

It is a very easy tool to schedule resources. you can extend tasks across weeks, split tasks, duplicate tasks across different team members. It is visual and easy to use. It allow us to understand who is working on what projects.
You can customise and filter resources by teams and you have a reporting tool where you can see by week how is your resource utilisation.

Desvantagens

the Zoom -+ button will only show present week or next 6 weeks. It would be good if you can select how many weeks you want to see, between 1-6 weeks to visualise on the Schedule tab.
sometimes when adding many tasks on a day for one resource, you create overtime unnecessarily it would be good to have a button/option to distribute same amount of time to all the tasks for a day, taking the amount of hours the resource works a day.
Reporting- when reporting who is working on what project, it would be useful to have the percentages of time spent on each project.

Float

value for money
Pedro
  • Porte da empresa: 201 - 500 funcionários

Resource Management Made Easy

Avaliado em 24/09/2019

Overall the solution is very robust and solid at what it does. It has been used for over 5+ years and does it job well. I would like to see a bit more is product feature evolution in terms of workflow management/triggers as mentioned.

Vantagens

The filtering capabilities allows different user roles to manage their teams easily and also find relevant skills in the agency. Many people have hidden skills and talents and having them searchable allows us to tap into these.

Desvantagens

I would like to see more API integration efforts made into other applications.
I would like to see workflow triggers to handle people picking up work (validation) or not picking up work because they haven't been briefed in (trigger notification to manager) to help actually manage the validation of the acceptable of work by the individuals instead of having to follow up. This would remove a lot of chasing and admin.

Steve
Steve
  • Setor: Serviços financeiros
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

An adequate calendaring tool for resource management

Avaliado em 19/10/2019

We use Resource Guru to manage the utilization/booking of our research facilities. This works well for us as we have a small number of facilities we manage. I cannot offer a recommendation for/against this project for large numbers of resources (>10) as it might be cumbersome at that point. For our limited resource pool, it works well.

Vantagens

The interface is simple to use and understand with respect to resource availability and conflict. It serves its purpose well.

Desvantagens

New feature rollout is buggy. When I switched between the "beta" ("new") experience back to the classic, I received a nagging email from the company telling me I had recently logged in using the "classic" experience and it would eventually be discontinued, and that I should try out the "new" experience. This product is basically a shared calendar, and while it offers reporting that is a hybrid somewhere between Microsoft Outlook and Project, it's a bit too pushy with respect to new features.

Hi Steve

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Resource Guru! I'm sorry that you felt our message regarding the new schedule was a bit pushy or potentially buggy. We needed to share this message because the old schedule will shortly be retired, and we didn't want people to be taken by surprise by that. As long as you click the cross to close the message, it won't reappear for you.

I also wanted to take the opportunity to reassure you about the new schedule. It's a vast improvement on the old one - it's been completely rebuilt from the ground up to provide lightning fast scheduling, infinite scrolling, lots of enhancements including elastic overtime, and it's just as stable for incredibly large teams as it is for very small ones.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other feedback or questions we'd love to hear from you!

Jaspal
  • Setor: Seguros

Excellent for viewing schedules

Avaliado em 13/12/2021

i can see the dept's schedules and plan booking

i can see the dept's schedules and plan booking

Vantagens

Easy to use and add important notes to as well

Desvantagens

We have 16 trainers so would be good to view the schedules one one page without having to scroll up and down

Hi Jaspal

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! The number of resources you see on the page at once will depend partly on your screen resolution, and partly on how many bookings you have for each resource on individual days. The more bookings, the more space a resource will take up on your screen.

You can help to show more resources by hiding your availability bars; here's a walkthrough you might find handy: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

It may also be worth noting that you can filter your resources, so you're only looking at relevant people. Here's a walkthrough showing you how: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942088-filtering-resources

Eric
  • Setor: Engenharia civil

Great Tool

Avaliado em 12/01/2021

it have been very positive. I implemented this across or company to get some visibility on our resource allocation. it have worked well and is not very expensive.

Vantagens

very easy to use and the calander view is great give me a sense of what is going on 2, 3, 4 weeks out.

Desvantagens

would like to have a feature that allows the employee to be able to mark a task or a project complete, which would than send a notification back to me or the PM that they are available to do additional works.

Float e monday.com

Razões para mudar para o Resource Guru

functionality, easy of use than the price.
Nikki

• Suporte ao cliente

A great way of organising your day

Avaliado em 15/01/2018

Vantagens

That you can easily move jobs around if they need to change and can book off holiday time and meeting time so that you don't overbook yourself.

Desvantagens

The waiting time bit could be better if time is overbooked - doesn't allow for different lengths of working days.

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely customise the availability of each of your resources on a daily basis - not every day has to have the same availability.

You can set resources normal availability (which is the availability which repeats on a weekly basis) and you can also create availability exceptions if you need to make a temporary change to someone's normal availability.

You might find this article on resource availability useful https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/portal/articles/2162590

I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any questions. We're always happy to help!

Melissa
  • Porte da empresa: 201 - 500 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Easy to onboard and easier to use!

Avaliado em 13/08/2019

Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

- Color coding clients
- Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource
- Limiting permissions per user
- Adding in when employees are OOO
- Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before
- Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

Desvantagens

- I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words
- It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana
- There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly