Symantec Endpoint Security

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app

422 avaliações

Fernando D.
  • Setor: Software
  • Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Avaliado em 14/09/2018

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Vantagens

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Desvantagens

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Symantec is one of the toughest antivirus software's out there

Avaliado em 03/02/2021

I must say that this is by far one of the greatest enemies of Support and in case you want to be sure that something won't be changed in any possible way ( Firewall, incoming connections from some PC in general or files copied ), make sure to get Symantec as you won't be disappointed while using it even a little bit and I can sign this as an agent who is working with it for a couple years so far.

Vantagens

This antivirus is so good, that it looks like an impossible obstacles sometimes on my work, as I keep encountering it daily while working on some of my Customers.
It is easy to deploy, password protected ( if you are trying to uninstall it or stop it, you can't do it without password ) and provides user protection from almost anything, especially as it integrates and utilizes Windows Firewall and Virus Protection on Windows 10 for instance, to provide impenetrable wall for any attack.

Desvantagens

I can say that sometimes I don't like how tough this one is, as it is my daily job to make my software work fine with Symantec, but if Customer Administrator is not online, I am unable to do anything.
That's why I would recommend it to everyone out there, as I am battling it for a couple years so far and I know how good it is.

Masturah D.
  • Setor: Telecomunicações

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Very effective endpoint protection software

Avaliado em 03/08/2021

Vantagens

Symantec Endpoint Security has been implemented on my workstation since forever, and it has working great in protecting my computer from any unwanted intruder or malicious program. It will constantly checking and scanning my files for any hidden threat.

Desvantagens

Everything is working perfectly, unless if some of my legit files is tagged to be quarantine by this software. I will have to contacting my IT personnel and ask them to UN-quarantine those files and convincing them that it is a legit files, not a malicious program.

Chaucer W.
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Use to be fantastic. But that was then. My, how things have changed.

Avaliado em 30/12/2018

For quite a few years I had Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) deployed across servers and workstations in multiple offices. At the time, I found it to offer the best balance of effectiveness and efficiency. Customers support was prompt and professional, and even after I fled the IT profession to preserve my sanity I kept SEP running on my own home computers. All was well until I upgraded to version 14, at which point everything pretty much went to hell.

Experiences that I have had with the new version of SEP:

• Total system lockups during every comprehensive system scan. The only way for me to get through a scan was to limit the scans to known file types.
• The SEP client grabbing every available CPU core without warning, even when there are no scans or updates scheduled.
• Technical support whose philosophy is apparently "Make the customer suffer enough and they will never complain again."

I spent a least than eight hours doing the bidding of the Symantec's support folks, but when it became apparent that they couldn't solve the problem I tried to close the support case as "problem not solved". At which point they made it clear that they intended to keep me jumping through hoops indefinitely. I finally told them that their constant stream of emails demanding yet more logfiles constituted harassment, and I blocked them at my email gateway for extra protection. Great job, folks. Now, I use Sophos.

Vantagens

Incredibly granular control of each security component, customizable to suit a broad range of business environments. IF you can get it to run, you get an amazing amount of control over the security policies in place for different types of machines and different offices within your business.

Desvantagens

A tech support team trained in the dungeons of Mordor by the Dark Lord himself. Oh, and about SEP v14 bringing my system to it's knees: I'm sure that some of your customers love that, but I'll pass.

Zuhairah A.
  • Setor: Internet
  • Porte da empresa: 5.001-10.000 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Reliable in protecting my digital information and asset

Avaliado em 09/07/2021

Vantagens

Symantec Endpoint Security is a set and forget type of software that i only need to setting it for the first time, and then it will running everything automatically. Sometime, they will sending notification is any threat are found, and i only need to choose either to delete the files or quarantine it.

Desvantagens

I have try to export the software licenses from my old computer to the new computer, the process is quite frustrating as there is no clear instruction on how to do it. I had to find information from forums and contacting the customer support for this purpose. It should be simple enough and only need a few keystroke to complete it.

Irfan A.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Best Available Protection Tool for large scale Infrastructure.

Avaliado em 05/03/2020

Overall experience is excellent, this suite provide continue protection from viruses, anti-malware, intrusion prevention and other threats as well as firewall features for endpoint users as well as servers.

Vantagens

Regular Scanning @ end point users.
stop forcefully unauthorized Applications in the network.
Best available policies in Firewall for threat detection.
fast and best recovery
act like more-then Antivirus

Hanged often not regular
still finding Cons.
but still space for upgrading.

Avast Business Pro Plus

Razões para escolher o Symantec Endpoint Security

feature are not good inundation/data base Update is hard job Pricing licensing

Razões para mudar para o Symantec Endpoint Security

feature are excellent. Virus data base Update is hard job at end users Pricing licensing
Bodo S.

Good Virus Protection Suite

Avaliado em 30/09/2019

Symantec overall is a good and fast Virus/Threat Protection solution for small to mid-size workgroups.

Vantagens

Symantec is fast and runs easily in the background. It doesn't load the system resources and provides easy-to-use central management capability. Installation is typically smooth and deployment takes minutes.

Desvantagens

There some lack of information to the user on what Symantec finds in the background that makes troubleshooting connection/firewall issues a black box.

Sonu S.
  • Setor: Bancos

Antivirus for systems

Avaliado em 25/09/2019

In a organisation spreading of virus and threat spreading is common issue. In order to protect from such incidents protection is being used.

Vantagens

As it is implemented on a centralized server, Pushing update is easy. We can monitor the healthiness of each endpoints that is every system.
If one threat is detected it can be analysed and stooped.

Desvantagens

It also detects some files which doesn't contain any virus and are not threat to system.

Trend Micro Deep Security

Razões para mudar para o Symantec Endpoint Security

Best Deal, Cost effective, Better support and protection

Best On-prem Endpoint Protection Tool - Symantec

Avaliado em 09/09/2021

Vantagens

The most impactful feature of Symantec Endpoint Security is the scheduled scan which on the basis of the latest AV signatures is well versed in detecting potentially malicious files.

Desvantagens

The feature that I least like about Symantec Endpoint Security is that it detects malicious files based on just AV signatures which are being pushed via regular updates. Behavioral Analysis, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence based detection is missing in Symantec Endpoint Security unlike most of the EDR present in the market.

Chris H.
  • Setor: Entretenimento
  • Porte da empresa: 2-10 funcionários
  • Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

A solid trusted security solution

Avaliado em 27/04/2021

Vantagens

As one of the most trusted names in security customers really trust the brand compared to other solutions.
Always updated

Desvantagens

Generally speaking definitions are good but if it was not for clients I would opt for other solutions

Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Dale S.
  • Setor: Armazéns

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup.

Avaliado em 09/10/2019

The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Vantagens

Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

Desvantagens

The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

Vasu N.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Avaliado em 14/03/2018

Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Vantagens

Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints.

Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats.

The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication.
Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Desvantagens

Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome.
LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Avaliado em 17/04/2019

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Vantagens

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Desvantagens

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Kory M.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Avaliado em 17/11/2017

Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Vantagens

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Desvantagens

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Brett V.
  • Setor: Design

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Avaliado em 02/08/2018

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Vantagens

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Desvantagens

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Yagneshkumar P.
  • Setor: Hotelaria

Symantec Secure Software

Avaliado em 05/05/2018

The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Vantagens

Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Desvantagens

One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

Drew M.
  • Setor: Segurança de rede e informática

Symantec SEP 14.2 and above

Avaliado em 07/05/2020

Could not ask for a better product from a security and protection standpoint. Occasionally there are issues due to due to Microsoft operating system updates, but they are usually corrected within days.

Vantagens

we have 500 clients using this software in 8 languages on 5 continents. We have had ZERO malware incidents on protected assets in 10 years of using this product. It is fast, effective, and fairly easy to administer with both on-prem and cloud options.

Desvantagens

Symantec's license management and download portal leave a bit to be desired. Things may change with the sale of these products to Broadcom.

Beecher B.
  • Setor: Serviços de informação
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

Avaliado em 06/08/2019

Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Vantagens

Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Desvantagens

Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Vicki F.
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Software protection for your computer

Avaliado em 12/12/2019

Save computer downtime and disruption. Helps to keep our data safe and free from malware and viruses. This prevents the cost of having to wipe and reprogram computers. there is a time and expense with this, not to mention the chance of losing critical information.

Vantagens

Like this software because I know that they are monitoring my computer 24/7 for viruses that could infect or even destroy my data. When I review something on the web or if I click into an email, this software will immediately notify me if it is a virus and takes care of it. Since the software itself is updated daily, they are always on top of making sure that the program is able to check the latest viruses. this is very important to us, because we need our data secure and our computers working in top condition.

Desvantagens

I really have not found anything I don't like about this program - it works behind the scene doing what it needs to do. No software is full proof, because people are always coming up with new ways to create harm and be malicious. Since using this software we have had only one case of being attacked by a virus.

Justin N.
  • Setor: Educação superior

Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day

Avaliado em 22/08/2019

Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Vantagens

There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Desvantagens

Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

Jesse C.

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Works great, but support can be lacking.

Avaliado em 12/12/2019

When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it's usually not hard to fix. But you're not going to get a lot of help from their customer support. We have used it to provide protection among a large volume of machines and none of them have had issues with viruses while using this product.

Vantagens

This product was easy to implement throughout our company and has been working great since implementation. It send us alerts when certain events are triggered such as a user visiting a malicious site. It does a good job of keeping itself up to date and has a nice console for administrators to use and get a top-down view on how the endpoints are doing.

Desvantagens

We have run into issues with getting licenses renewed to the point where they have expired, potentially leaving a few systems vulnerable. Customer support takes a very long time to reach and after I did reach them, they provided me with incorrect information that did not help resolve my issue. I only gave them 2 stars as opposed to 1 star because at least the customer support exists, even if it isn't the best.

Mark S.
  • Setor: Software

• Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

Affordable business protection

Avaliado em 05/05/2020

Works well, I would suggest giving it a try and determine for yourself, with these solutions feel its really a matter of personal preference sometimes.

Vantagens

It came with some of the new machines we were buying so we decided to actually give it a try and not give up too quickly and put some of the other solutions on we are more focused to use. It ended up working well for the time we used it.

Desvantagens

Some other services out there that I feel allow you to do and it does a whole lot more. After trying other solutions carried on using them instead.

Marsha J.

Avaliado em 06/12/2017

Vantagens

Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users. Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current, the ability to track each users and ensure that they have the product installed. The option to update to the latest version, the annual renewal is timely by Symantec. We also really appreciate you team that supports us and visit our office periodically to check up on us and other Symantec products we have in our organization.

Desvantagens

Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good however at times it causes the laptop to be a little slow in accessing files and data. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current but we have to download the updates and send it to each user. The fact that the renewal was doubled for 2017 from what we paid in 2016,

Çağrı E.
  • Porte da empresa: 5.001-10.000 funcionários

Great And Realible Software To Eliminate Viruses

Avaliado em 18/02/2020

I have been using Symantec End Protection software for 8 years in total. I had some experience with other Virus Protection Softwares like Kaspersky and I can it is best product I have seen so far.Symantec has never disappointed me and never failed to my expectations. We haven't recognized any performance loss even we exposed some virus attacks .Symantec software working as shield to proctect your computer . In addition to this it gives customers effectiveness and productivty in detecting viruses and defending your computer .

Vantagens

What I like most about the Symantec is offering shield mechanism which protect my computer from different types of viruses. Addition to this it does not harm your computer procesesor and you never feel any performance degradation problem

Desvantagens

I have experienced some problems regarding old version programs on my computer which I installed many years ago.Symantec struggle to complete authentication of older programs. Additon to this I have never recieved any virus search report after scan of my computer

Josiah H.
  • Setor: Vidro, cerâmica e concreto

Sometimes makes sense

Avaliado em 15/01/2020

Look into whether or not your internet service provider offers this antivirus for free, if so, then it is completely worth it.

Vantagens

This software is often offered free when signed up with some internet services. When the software is free then it is my preferred antivirus. It has regular updates and keeps computers safe.

Desvantagens

Most antiviruses are the same nowadays. I haven't had any issues with this antivirus blocking important programs otherwise causing more issues.