Symantec Solutions For Small Business

4.3/5 (348 avaliações)
Dale S.
Setor: Armazéns
Traduzir com Google

3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup.

Avaliado em 09/10/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Vantagens

Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

Desvantagens

The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

Vasu N.
Traduzir com Google

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Avaliado em 14/03/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Vantagens

Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints.

Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats.

The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication.
Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Desvantagens

Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome.
LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Avaliado em 17/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Vantagens

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Desvantagens

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Kory M.
Traduzir com Google

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Avaliado em 17/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Vantagens

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Desvantagens

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Brett V.
Setor: Design
Traduzir com Google

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Avaliado em 02/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Vantagens

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Desvantagens

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Bodo S.
Setor: Automotivo

Good Virus Protection Suite

Avaliado em 30/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Symantec overall is a good and fast Virus/Threat Protection solution for small to mid-size workgroups.

Vantagens

Symantec is fast and runs easily in the background. It doesn't load the system resources and provides easy-to-use central management capability. Installation is typically smooth and deployment takes minutes.

Desvantagens

There some lack of information to the user on what Symantec finds in the background that makes troubleshooting connection/firewall issues a black box.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 7.0/10

Yagneshkumar P.
Setor: Hotelaria

Symantec Secure Software

Avaliado em 05/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Vantagens

Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Desvantagens

One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

Beecher B.
Setor: Serviços de informação
Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo
Traduzir com Google

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

Avaliado em 06/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Vantagens

Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Desvantagens

Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Justin N.
Setor: Educação superior
Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários

Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day

Avaliado em 22/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Vantagens

There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Desvantagens

Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

Fernando D.
Setor: Software
Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários
Traduzir com Google

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Avaliado em 14/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Vantagens

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Desvantagens

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Marsha J.

Avaliado em 06/12/2017

Vantagens

Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users. Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current, the ability to track each users and ensure that they have the product installed. The option to update to the latest version, the annual renewal is timely by Symantec. We also really appreciate you team that supports us and visit our office periodically to check up on us and other Symantec products we have in our organization.

Desvantagens

Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good however at times it causes the laptop to be a little slow in accessing files and data. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current but we have to download the updates and send it to each user. The fact that the renewal was doubled for 2017 from what we paid in 2016,

Setor: Bancos
Porte da empresa: 5.001-10.000 funcionários

Good for Protection

Avaliado em 27/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Symantec product is good for Endpoint Protection. Customer support is perfect. Also, it is worth for the money you give.

Vantagens

Creating and publishing policies are very easy. Management tool is understandable. Installing client PCs take very short time. Client can update the policy by click "update policy".

Desvantagens

It produces many false positive alarms. It consumes %2 of CPU (I7 MacBook Pro) and 1 GB of memory. Policy update can be only get in internal network.

Dustin D.
Setor: Pesquisa

Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection

Avaliado em 19/01/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

Vantagens

My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

Desvantagens

It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

Jessica B.
Setor: Gestão da educação

Great product for Windows Server based networks

Avaliado em 30/04/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This software keeps my network running CLEAN!
It also allows me to have a one stop shop, so to speak, to view all activities pertaining to my machines and network being in tip top performing shape!

Vantagens

Able to build both x32 and x64 install packages and push directly from the management console.
The management console allows the administrator to do basically everything remotely. Such as:
Scan machines, Schedule scans for future, push live updates, view quarantines, see last system scan, see if a scan was cancelled, and much more.
Also able to run reports containing which machines are in red (haven't had an active scan in x amount of time), which machines are clean, etc.

Desvantagens

The administrator must have extensive knowledge of their network and the different locations.
End-users can cause the system to send A LOT of alerts to the admin due to canceling startup scans or trying to disable the software.

Luke T.
Traduzir com Google

Symantec Endpoint Protection high protection to the team.

Avaliado em 07/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It is our main tool of protection for what has assured us a high quality in services, has a very good technical support that offers the answers and documentation in relation to the product, from its implementation providing peace of mind to all the members of the company.

Vantagens

It offers adequate protection and has been incorporated into antivirus, antimalware and network intrusion protection, it is very useful in the case of large and small systems has an excellent reputation worldwide being a product widely used by different companies, in addition the implementation is relatively simple and has an interface that allows an adequate administration of the software, in general terms it is one of the best options in terms of protection.

Desvantagens

Your updates can be heavy so you can reduce the experience a bit by the user as well as the client.

Setor: Telecomunicações
Traduzir com Google

Enterprise protection for your company computers

Avaliado em 13/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Our computers are coming already per-installed with Symantec Endpoint Protection. It is solid virus and malware protection tool. I get a notification of one web site ask me to access some permissions, Symantec Endpoint is warned me that web portal is suspicious even it seems like pretty normal education web site. It is up to dated virus and malware protection database really give me trust. I can schedule routine scanning to the night time so i don't effect from computer slowness when it scans

Vantagens

Malware and Virus protection is very reliable, very stable, easy to install and maintain product. It's notifications when they feel a threat is very satisfactory for me. It saved me from very potential threat situations. Almost weekly or daily up to dated virus and malware database.

Desvantagens

When it scans all your computer, your computer starts to work a bit slowly. But you can schedule this scans.

Sonu S.
Setor: Bancos

Antivirus for systems

Avaliado em 25/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

In a organisation spreading of virus and threat spreading is common issue. In order to protect from such incidents protection is being used.

Vantagens

As it is implemented on a centralized server, Pushing update is easy. We can monitor the healthiness of each endpoints that is every system.
If one threat is detected it can be analysed and stooped.

Desvantagens

It also detects some files which doesn't contain any virus and are not threat to system.

Mohit M.
Setor: Agricultura
Porte da empresa: 1.001-5.000 funcionários
Traduzir com Google

All purpose security product for PCs

Avaliado em 21/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Overall Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good product and its cost effective.

Vantagens

Symantec Endpoint Protection is one point solution for providing security from Malware, Viruses, Network Intrusions and most important for IT hardware (Including Computers and Server), it prevents ransomware attacks. firewall is sturdy and really easy to manage, Central console for managing systems and updates and most important it is not taxing on Computer resources. We are using to manage handful of Computers really effectively.

Desvantagens

From view of protecting clients there are absolutely no issues/cons. Only thing plague this software which i feel is up-gradation process i.e. from lower to higher version, there are strict protocols to be followed for successful implementation (Updates).

Setor: Design
Traduzir com Google

A security shields for stop the attacks of virus.

Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 14/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Symantec security is an well design tool to protect our devices from powerful threats which could be so harmful for our important data. Symantec works smoothly and enable us to surf safely on internet . A good option for me to keep my all devices safe from risky threats.

Vantagens

Symantec is a security platform for us and as well as for our clients and it provide us basic security features. We can easily manage and protect our several devices from tricky virus and only one agent can control all devices. Symantec Endpoint Protection can automatically detect the upcoming virus or threats in our system. We can also scan our emails as well as our other useful files. Symantec antivirus is very useful for our several devices and also compatible with all kind of latest devices.

Desvantagens

Symantec is good security option for our plenty of devices but also have some issues to work with this tool. when we start to deep system scan it takes approximately up to an hour to complete which is not so good for our business work. This antivirus contains a lot of memory in our system and slow down our system for other applications. Install easily but tedious to remove from system.

Amber P.
Setor: Entretenimento

Barely Know It's There!

Usado Outro durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 03/12/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It has been great to have this software because my department does deal with customer data and credit card information.

Vantagens

Working as a subset of a university, we are used to being on lockdown in terms of our desktops and laptops. They added the Symantec to our new desktops about a year and a half ago, and I have to say, I like it a lot better than our previous firewall/virus software. It doesn't have all of the popups that interfere with your work, and my system doesn't seem to be bogged down by the software. It's doing its job and I don't even know it's there!

Desvantagens

Honestly, I haven't had any issues from this software, from the user end of things. It has been very convenient and no problems.

Joey A.
Setor: Imobiliárias
Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários
Traduzir com Google

Symantec is here to stay and a game changer

Avaliado em 15/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

We've been using Symantec since it was still called Symantec Anti-Virus and it has come a long way since. However, like any sound strategy, one should never rely solely on one product for protection. It should always be supplemented with an end-point gateway protection AND education of the weakest link: The human firewall.

Vantagens

The product is much lighter on resources. It is accurate and very rarely has false-positives. It is easy to configure and automatically updates itself in random intervals.

Desvantagens

Symantec End Point Protection can border on the paranoid. Every time an aspect is updated (whether an executable or otherwise), Symantec always prompts you if "you want <the Product> to access the network?" If you answer NO accidentally, then critical systems could be affected.in random intervals further freeing up resources.

Tim P.
Setor: Transporte rodoviário e ferroviário
Porte da empresa: 201-500 funcionários

Does it's job well - but doesn't play well with Windows OS

Avaliado em 14/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

All in all, Symantec Endpoint Protection offers impenetrable protection for end users. It's easy to deploy, simple to update, and it does it's job well. I just wish it didn't cause BSODs in our environment.

Vantagens

This software is fairly simple to deploy and update on multiple PCs, and is generally hassle-free in regards to everyday use. The different levels of protection have worked perfectly and it's essentially a "set it and forget it" type of program for our users.

Desvantagens

This software doesn't seem to play well with Windows 7 OS - at least, not in our environment. I have constantly received BSODs that point to this program when we view the logs. We're running the most recent stable version and uninstalling/reinstalling seems to only postpone the inevitable blue screen.

Mohammed A.
Setor: Manutenção predial

Symantec Endpoint protection review

Avaliado em 28/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall it is good, but needs more improvement to protect all 365 degree for the endpoints.

Easy and simply to use,
protect from most of the viruses,
updates daily schedule patches antivirus signatures
we have been using it since last 1.5 years

Desvantagens

i would require separate antimalware software long side symantec.
to protect my end users form malwares. because it was not protecting against most of the dangerous malware.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 7.0/10

Matt M.

Quiet Endpoint Protection Software

Avaliado em 16/07/2018

Vantagens

I like that the software has a small footprint and runs quietly. I don't like when antivirus software talks to me or bugs me every five minutes with popups. Endpoint Security runs silently in the background, sends notifications when they're needed, and doesn't otherwise bother me. I might even forget it was there.
The interface is very minimal, not overloading you with lots of big buttons to click on.

Desvantagens

I don't have much in the way of complaints right now, but I will say that while I like the simple interface, I do find that sometimes I would like to have a little more control from the user side, or at least the option to view it while sitting at a users desk.

Manny P.

My Favorite software

Avaliado em 06/02/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Great antivirus protection and a brand that I can trust. When it doubt this is always first on my list.

Vantagens

One of my favorites and I always say that I feel great knowing that it still keeps me protected. Simple network setup and easily deploy across the network.

Desvantagens

A few years, I had to get away from this product because it was a mess, but they got back on board and corrected the problems and still is one of my favorite protection software.
They need to catch up with malware protection. I prefer that they leave the setup to easily be customized for technician's who don't want to install the firewall or data protection on their networks. This has always been a problematic software for many technicians.