Gusto

4,6 (3 888)
Escreva uma avaliação!
Gusto é uma plataforma de RH tudo-em-um para empresas em crescimento.

Classificação geral

4,6 /5
(3 888)
Relação qualidade/preço
4,5/5
Recursos
4,5/5
Praticidade
4,6/5
Suporte ao cliente
4,4/5

94%
dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

3888 avaliações

Avaliador Verificado
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Hotelaria
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 7.0 /10

Avaliação de software de gestão de pagamento.

Avaliado em 14/10/2022

O positivo deste software foi a possibilidade de gestão de pagamento tanto para recursos humanos...

O positivo deste software foi a possibilidade de gestão de pagamento tanto para recursos humanos quanto para empresas prestadoras de serviços, num só programa.

Vantagens

Facilidade no uso, diferentes valores de cobrança de acordo com o número de funcionários da empresa, o que facilita o acesso de pequenas empresas ao software.

Desvantagens

O tempo de conclusão para pagamento e a instalação.

Bruno Michel
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Fabricação de alimentos
  • Porte da empresa: 501 - 1 000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Avaliação de manuseio do software.

Avaliado em 30/05/2022

Pesquisas sobre RH, entendimento sobre a área e gestão de pessoas.
O app demonstrou domínio sobre...

Pesquisas sobre RH, entendimento sobre a área e gestão de pessoas.
O app demonstrou domínio sobre a área, oferece ferramenta capaz de facilitar nosso dia a dia nas empresas, tanto como usuário funcionário ou usuário empresário.

Vantagens

Vocabulário fácil de compreensão e ferramentas simplificada.

Desvantagens

Poderia ter mais imagens mais facilitar ainda mais o entendimento da plataforma.

Alicia
Alicia
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Serviços jurídicos
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

I’m an employment lawyer and I consistently recommend Gusto to my clients

Avaliado em 12/06/2020

Customer support is great. This is a good company. They aren’t the cheapest. And they aren’t the...

Customer support is great. This is a good company. They aren’t the cheapest. And they aren’t the most expensive. I think the extra cost is worth it to ensure compliance.

Vantagens

Gusto is easy and straightforward to use. But it doesn’t sacrifice accuracy for ease. What I like most about Gusto is that it makes it easy for small businesses to be legally compliant with complicated wage laws across jurisdictions. I haven’t found a legal error yet — and I can’t say that about any other payroll software or service I’ve worked with over the last 15 years.

Desvantagens

I wish the price didn’t jump up so much for time clock feature. Getting clients to use the integrated time clock can be a challenge, and it creates unnecessary problems. It should be included in the base fee.

Alternativas consideradas

Paychex Flex e Paylocity

Razões para escolher o Gusto

Gusto is easier to use than RUN and is cheaper. It also has much better support. ADP plays sales games sometimes.

Razões para mudar para o Gusto

I’ve got experience with all of these payroll companies. I feel that Gusto is the most reliable and easiest to understand and use.
Linda
Linda
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: 10 000+ funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Gusto is a great cost-effective HR tool

Avaliado em 03/08/2023

Staff is friendly and helpful, and they respond quickly to emails (in less than an hour, on...

Staff is friendly and helpful, and they respond quickly to emails (in less than an hour, on average). The website is well-organized and simple to use. We switched from Intuit Payroll because it made paying state taxes to the appropriate agencies a snap.

Vantagens

Overall, it's a nice piece of ux design. The reality is that the criterion for usability for most goods in this space is simply that they work. With enough enthusiasm, most tasks become not only feasible but also simple. It's as simple as a few natural mouse clicks.

Desvantagens

When I try to build a report that fits my exact specifications, I'm often forced to generate more data than necessary just to get to the data I want. It would be more convenient if you provided a part where I could pick and choose the data points that would go into my report.

ian
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Wasted my time and money, was literally counting the days until the end of the fiscal year.

Avaliado em 21/01/2021

negative, cumbersome, patronizing, too expensive.

negative, cumbersome, patronizing, too expensive.

Vantagens

Nothing. I was migrated to it from XERO, when they decided to no longer do payroll

Desvantagens

Honestly, I HATED the stupid animated piggy bank. Probably seems trivial, but it seemed emblematic of a company that was more concerned about making their software look like an iPhone app, than making it work well. The payroll was cumbersome. It woudn't let me do payroll early, or late. It basically made me run payroll within a two day window. Bank account low? Still made you run payroll, or would hassle you about messages about being late. Want to go on vacation and do a couple weeks of payroll early? Nope, out of luck. When they told me they would manage my health care premiums, I thought, great! Nope, after a week of emails and after several phone calls, I found out they were just trying to be group managers, and insurance brokers by offering me different insurers that I could choose. Zero help if I already had a group plan set up. Plus too expensive. Patriot is way simpler, and way cheaper. I do see lots of my millenial patients that are working for startups that probably won't be in business in 5 years seem to have Gusto as their payroll, so I'm just not the business that Gusto is a fit for.

Alternativas consideradas

QuickBooks Enterprise

Razões para escolher o Gusto

It was really just unwieldy, and poorly designed software.

Software anterior

Xero

Razões para mudar para o Gusto

was forced to Gusto when Xero quit doing payroll.
Heather
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

User friendly payroll software

Avaliado em 20/03/2024

Overall it has been easy to use and we never have any hiccups with this product.

Overall it has been easy to use and we never have any hiccups with this product.

Vantagens

gusto is very user friendly, able to see hours worked, print documents etc.

Desvantagens

My only negative experience is when they stopped allowing to borrow money against your upcoming check. That was very beneficial at times.

Usha
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

One of the best payroll systems for small business

Avaliado em 18/12/2023

Vantagens

Self Service tools that are intuitive and easy to use.
Various tools
Automation of payroll, hiring and reporting

Desvantagens

I am quite happy with the tools and features.

Alternativas consideradas

ADP Workforce Now e Paychex Flex

Razões para mudar para o Gusto

Tailored for small businesses. Clean and intuitive user interfaces which makes the tools easy to use.
Tiffany
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Transporte rodoviário e ferroviário
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Gusto to the Rescue

Avaliado em 04/08/2023

Again, keeping everything in the same application was paramount to us. Gusto is able to streamline...

Again, keeping everything in the same application was paramount to us. Gusto is able to streamline the HR process and the customer service is good too.

Vantagens

I like the ability to keep everything within Gusto. All of the tax info, employee info, direct deposit and documents are all within Gusto. I have used separate apps in the past and Gusto makes it easy.

Desvantagens

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Gusto. Currently we have not had any issues.

Ana
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Imobiliárias
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Payroll Services

Avaliado em 28/12/2023

We process Payroll with Gusto, it's easy enough.

We process Payroll with Gusto, it's easy enough.

Vantagens

It's easy to schedule and pay employees.

Desvantagens

I like everything about gusto services.

Pricila
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Relações públicas e comunicações
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Praticidade
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Love this for Freelancers and SBO!

Avaliado em 04/12/2023

Vantagens

Love the independent contractor feature, leaving an inexpensive way to manage contractors and payroll. Also really appreciate the low monthly cost and amazing customer service.

Desvantagens

Nothing! I was using a competitor before and am super happy to have switched over. Great integrations and ease of use.

Aiden
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Gestão da educação
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 2.0 /10

Good but consider other options

Avaliado em 30/05/2024

Vantagens

Easy to use as a user with simple ui. Good

Desvantagens

not very feature full for the user could be improved

CATHY
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Automotivo
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 6.0 /10

we use Gusto for rewards received only

Avaliado em 06/05/2024

Vantagens

We use this site only when we receive incentives

Desvantagens

At first it was hard to navigate through but now ok

Delene
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Consultório médico
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Avaliação gratuita
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OVER THE TOP

Avaliado em 22/05/2020

We have had Intuit (quickbooks) for years and years. And for years and years we have hated it. The...

We have had Intuit (quickbooks) for years and years. And for years and years we have hated it. The customer service is horrible, and so we finally decided to try something else. We found Gusto on an internet search, did a little research and decided that this smaller company might just be what we were looking for. Entering all of the employee information and weekly payroll numbers is super simple. The screens are easy to understand, not cluttered at all. And the Pig - oh the pig - there's a cute little pig that takes a walk when you switch screens. He's a cutie!!!

Vantagens

We are finally done with Intuit Payroll. So difficult to actually talk to a live person when you need help. I did a little research and found that Gusto does payroll for small companies so I decided to give them a try. My thought was that it certainly can't be any worse than Intuit. And WOW - did they ever Overdeliver! The absolute best thing about Gusto is that you don't have to go through a bazillion menus on the phone trying to figure out which number to press so that your call gets routed to the right person. You actually get to talk to a live person when you call their company. Setting up all of the employees has been very easy, nothing difficult to figure out, the flow from one screen to the next is not complicated at all. So far - we love Gusto!

Desvantagens

The only thing that I think they could improve on would be integrating your existing numbers into their system. In order to be able to print accurate W-2's at the end of the year, I have to enter my employee paystubs from January 1 through today (May) into their system. It makes sense, I know it has to be done. It is just a tedious job and I'd rather not do it. Although I must say, that the 3 times I ran into a snag while entering the information, I called them and the issue was fixed instantly. Their customer service ROCKS!

Jenni
Jenni
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Contabilidade
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Best DIY software in the payroll market

Avaliado em 06/01/2021

I have been using Gusto for for a couple of years now and love it. They are consistently working on...

I have been using Gusto for for a couple of years now and love it. They are consistently working on improving and seek guidance from their partners. Like with any software, there are funny little quirks that you get to know. Overall, it is a fantastic platform.

Vantagens

Gusto's self-onboarding and employee communication is leaps and bounds ahead of their competition, as is their clean, user-friendly interface.

Desvantagens

Customer service has been struggling recently. There should be a way to have a salary that doesn't change when the hours are changed. The other downside is that if there is an error, you have to void the entire payroll. An option to void a single check would be a great improvement.

Brenton
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Contabilidade
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The best payroll service period! I'm always recommending to others!

Avaliado em 16/09/2021

From my very first client to the many I've added since, Gusto has been easy to get in touch with.

From my very first client to the many I've added since, Gusto has been easy to get in touch with.

Vantagens

Setting up the company is a breeze. It walks you through every step to help make sure you have all the information correct. It'll even show you how to get state and local tax numbers, if needed.
Setting up employees is even easier! All you need is the employees name, pay rate, and email! How crazy is that. After you enter that information, and email gets sent to the new employee to fill out all their paperwork online. Remember though to get their i-9 forms, because once they are done filling out their paperwork, you'll need to verify their i-9 docs, but it's way too easy!! Haha.
Let's run payroll. Well, if it's the same each time, you can have it set up to go auto. Set it and forget it! If not, again, they make it easy. Click run payoll. Enter the times for your employees, days off, yada yada, and then submit. If you need to make a change to an employee while running payroll, just click on their name and it pulls them up for editing.
Gusto submits all tax payments and reports too. Even submits child support!

Desvantagens

One time deductions. I would love to see that feature. As for now, you have to create a deduction on the employee screen, then go back to the process payroll screen. I wish it could be added to the other more detailed pay options.

Avaliador Verificado
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas
  • Porte da empresa: 51 - 200 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Great for payroll

Avaliado em 08/03/2022

It's great for payroll. We don't pay for the leave management or other items because it is too...

It's great for payroll. We don't pay for the leave management or other items because it is too expensive, but the payroll features are great.

Vantagens

Gusto is great for it's payroll and benefits platform. They do exactly as they say they are going to do and take care of all tax liabilities on time, with no concern of being wrong or late.

Desvantagens

Their customer service is terrible. You typically get a representative that tells you the same thing that is in their knowledge base and then can't escalate you to talk to someone actually knowledgeable but can request a call back. The call backs don't happen and you receive an email, which typically doesn't answer your question because the initial representative didn't pass along the information correctly.

Alternativas consideradas

ADP Workforce Now

Razões para escolher o Gusto

Uzio failed to make tax payments on time, didn't setup our tax liabilities correctly with proof of correct paperwork, and have been an overall nightmare to work with.

Razões para mudar para o Gusto

Reputation and ease of integration with other platforms.
Rick
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Payroll with a personal touch

Avaliado em 23/02/2021

I’ve used Gusto as a freelancer with clients that operate their business with this service. I also...

I’ve used Gusto as a freelancer with clients that operate their business with this service. I also use it at my day job with my Agency to manage my team's time off benefits and payroll. It’s a great product that I find myself recommending to others all the time

Vantagens

There are many products available that handle payroll, benefits, and employee database. My favorite thing about Gusto is that it uses a very human and personal approach to what could very easily be a cold and lifeless system or department.

I love the option to add contractors through he payroll system too.

The gusto customer service team is top notch.

Turbo Tax integration is fantastic

Desvantagens

There’s very little to complain about with Gusto. I do wish it had a more catered option for freelancer one man band type of operations.

Alternativas consideradas

FreshBooks e QuickBooks Online

Razões para escolher o Gusto

Gusto is a product that feels like it’s designed by people who think about people.

Software anterior

FreshBooks e QuickBooks Online

Razões para mudar para o Gusto

Gusto has a personal touch and they’re customer service team is fantastic too
Sandy
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Contabilidade
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

User Friendly

Avaliado em 26/03/2020

Very good. We always recommend Gusto as one of the top payroll companies to use for our clients...

Very good. We always recommend Gusto as one of the top payroll companies to use for our clients that are starting payroll for the first time.

Vantagens

I use Gusto for my clients as well as for our own company. I find it very user friendly, especially for my tech-phobic clients. I also like their tech support. They are easy to reach by phone, chat or email and the technicians are very patient.

Desvantagens

The import mapping. This is the only reason I wouldn't give 5 stars. When the payroll is simple, the mapping is fine but for more complicated payrolls, the mapping is a nightmare.
Also, that it imports to Xero as a bill. Clients find it really difficult to grasp how to work with this. In their mind payroll has already been "paid" so when they see it show up as an unpaid bill, they get confused or worried that their employees didn't get paid.

Thomas
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Construção
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante 1 a 5 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 2.0 /10

Better than nothing

Avaliado em 19/01/2021

I am disappointed. I though I was getting a first tier payroll software with faster turnaround for...

I am disappointed. I though I was getting a first tier payroll software with faster turnaround for less money. I got a lees than complete feature set with hit or miss service.

Vantagens

It is easy to use and set up. It is much more straightforward than many of its competitors. Onboarding was mostly drama free.

Desvantagens

The system is not as robust and feature rich as its key top tier competitors like QB or ADP. Once we started using it we found features missing that we took for granted would be there. One of the key things that made us choose Gusto was the ability to give our staff direct deposit payments next day. In practice the design of the system makes that impossible for us.

We discovered a glitch in the system that prevented us from properly reporting overtime in our state. Gusto was unable to find what was wrong or give us a workaround, We found one ourselves minutes from our payroll deadline.

Customer support is erratic, with some folks providing helpful and timely support while others are not significantly better than us guessing . We kept getting routed to our designated representative when all we needed was a simple question to be answered. The time it took to locate and hook up with our rep was longer then it took to get an answer.

Pro tip to customer support: If you don't know the answer, dont send me a link to some general background topic. It does not help.

Barbara
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Contabilidade
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante 6 a 12 meses
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 2.0 /10

Switching back to Square Payroll by year-end

Avaliado em 09/10/2022

Not at all pleased. I was hoping to love this but did not

Not at all pleased. I was hoping to love this but did not

Vantagens

The accountant login feature is what drew me in so I could move multiple clients over under one user login and switch back and forth between payroll clients.

Desvantagens

Difficult to use. Not user friendly. Time-consuming and complicated. Report section needs major overhaul. Their Indiana WH1 payroll report needs to be DETAILED but it is a generic "summary" that does NOT include employee name, wages, etc. which is information that was needed to file COVID reports and ERC amendments. I wanted to love this software but ended up hating it. One client ended up with double processing that caused an overdraw and it took forever to fix it. I had to give them money out of business account to cover this mistake. Gusto was not quick to help out and never made it right with my company nor my client. I am glad I did not move all of my clients to this software and have moved all but one, who will be switching back to Square payroll by year-end.

Lance
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Gusto has won me over for life.

Avaliado em 29/10/2019

Time sheets, paycheck stubs, tax documents for my employees are all available to them without any...

Time sheets, paycheck stubs, tax documents for my employees are all available to them without any extra work needed by me. Gusto takes care of it al.

Vantagens

I love how easy it is for my employees to see their paycheck stubs, get their tax documents, and even do a early cash out option if they need a little extra money before payday. They have recently introduced time tracking, which solved another issue I had with keeping track of everyone's hours in another product.

Desvantagens

I don't have many cons regarding Gusto. So far it has met all my needs flawlessly. The one con I would say is that the insurance process could be a little less confusing.

Alternativas consideradas

FreshBooks

Razões para mudar para o Gusto

Gusto has more features regarding paycheck stubs and they are adding new features all the time. Most other products seem to be stagnant.
Lianna
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Hotelaria
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Payroll Made Easy

Avaliado em 04/08/2022

The time we have saved using Gusto has been extraordinary. What took us hours in the past now takes...

The time we have saved using Gusto has been extraordinary. What took us hours in the past now takes very little time. We have saved money by switching to Gusto who offers reasonable service charges. Not having to write checks and the additional bookkeeping that would go into uncashed and misplaced checks is another big savings. Our entire company loves direct deposit and we are very happy with the services Gusto has provided.

Vantagens

Gusto has many great and useful features. I love that I can run payroll, hire a new employee, change wage information or dismiss an employee, from anywhere I am by logging into my account on my phone or on a computer. Gusto sends reminder emails when it's time to run payroll or a new hire has not completed their onboarding. Tax information is clear and concise. My staff enjoy having their own individual accounts to change bank information, look at their documents and get other helpful information. Direct deposit is a fantastic time saver for both the company and the employees.

Desvantagens

Integration with Gusto was very easy. Occasionally it is difficult to reach a live person for help but we have rarely had to speak to someone.

MICHAEL
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The best online payroll provider I have ever used

Avaliado em 19/06/2020

Vantagens

Gusto is extremely simple and quick to configure, and speedy to run payrolls—even custom payrolls or additional payrolls—during the month. It has been an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive solution for someone not familiar with accounting or payroll processes.

Desvantagens

I have had nothing but success with Gusto. No issues, no payroll processing problems, nothing. They pull funds Monday for Friday pay, which might be a long gap, but also offer a shorter payroll process, where you can pull funds Wednesday for Friday pay . . . I just haven't configured that shorter process yet.

Sheldon
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
  • Porte da empresa: 11 - 50 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 3.0 /10

A loyal customer that will be moving away from Gusto... HONEST REVIEW

Avaliado em 28/06/2023

Sadly, we will be leaving Gusto. We absolutely love the services (overall) and due to their great...

Sadly, we will be leaving Gusto. We absolutely love the services (overall) and due to their great platform (and price), we have remained patient with some of the shortcomings. That said, I am so disappointed that we don't have better support. After a major payroll issue in May 2023, I remained calm and even inquired about upgrading our plan so that we could get better quality support and avoid future issues. No luck - I spoke to people in sales, but never heard back. Their software does not fully support multiple locations (must use DEPARTMENTS), which presents problems across the company. The worst issue we faced was based on an honest error our company made: One of our new hires mistakenly ran payroll for a new location prior to the account being funded. This caused an insufficient funds matter, which was totally our fault. However, the system locks you out without the chance to run payroll until the payment is cleared - we couldn't even run paper checks. This means our valued staff were paid late. There was no way to expedite this (bank wire, etc.) so I ended up driving several hours to delivery paper checks to our teams. Customer support wouldn't even allow me to speak to a manager about the situation so I could provide feedback for future customers. If you are a small office with 1- 30 employees, I think Gusto could be a great option. However, if you need more granular permissions for leadership, quick/dedicated support, look elsewhere.

Vantagens

Gusto is likely the easiest platform to learn and use. Our team members with limited tech skills can navigate the system with ease. I constantly see updates and enhancements throughout the system that are beneficial and useful. Also, the price is hard to beat for all the features. We use Gusto for health benefits, 401k, PTO, and time tracking - all work relatively fine. The only catch is assessing if your company is too large for Gusto's abilities.

Desvantagens

As our company began to grow, we started to notice limitations in the platform. Once we grew to having multiple locations, things fell apart fast. Between the two companies I own, we hardly ever need the support team. However, when we do, it has become increasingly difficult to get the help we need. It is hit or miss. In a nutshell, if you have more than 30 employees in multiple states/locations, look at other options. We are taking both of our companies to another provider. Multiple times, Gusto could have saved this relationship, but I don't think I was ever able to reach someone who cared enough.

Alternativas consideradas

Rippling e Paycor
Jessica
Jessica
Classificação geral
  • Setor: Clínica de saúde mental
  • Porte da empresa: 2 - 10 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
  • Fonte da avaliação

Classificação geral

  • Relação qualidade/preço
  • Praticidade
  • Suporte ao cliente
  • Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

Ok until its not...just say NO

Avaliado em 03/02/2024

Their customer service is the absolute worst. Seriously, if you ever need help, it takes days to...

Their customer service is the absolute worst. Seriously, if you ever need help, it takes days to get a response and then you will get multiple people. If you call in, you will wait, and then the person you get won't know the answer and will pass you to the "correct department" who will then have multiple people "help" you via email. They will say they will call you; they won't. They don't care about their customers. They don't care about loyalty. They don't care if they overdraw your bank account multiple times. Its sad, their interface and feature set are nice, but the problems that come when any little thing goes wrong- its a nightmare- go read through other reviews, those who have had problems have all left their platform. I thought it was just "those people" as I had minimal issues for 2 years. Then I finally had the big issue. Had their customer service been responsive, accepted responsibility, or made any attempt to keep me as a customer, I might have stayed. They didn't.

Vantagens

User interface for employees is ok. It looks nice.

Desvantagens

For those searching if Gusto is a good choice...its not...I thought it was...had a few hiccups, nothing major...and then they overdrew my account, cool fixed it quickly, then I switched our benefits to them. They messed up the withdrawl dates, blamed me and then [sensitive content hidden]
clearly stated they made the change), and then took no responsibility for it. Worst than that, then they penalized me bc the change they made overdrew my bank account bc it pulled two months of benefit premiums and then wouldn't change my processing time back. After SEVEN different people "helping" and "responding" to my issue, I switched. While I like their feature set, its not worth the massive headache that comes when any little thing goes wrong- steer clear!!!