Avaliações do PRTG Network Monitor

PRTG Network Monitor

Monitoramento de rede para profissionais sérios

4.6/5 (91 avaliações)
Florian G.

That really made my Day!

Avaliado em 29/04/2016
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

First of all: Actually (April 2016) the product is free for up to 100 Sensors!

I was searching for an easy solution to monitor the internetconnection of one of my customers from outside. They sporadically experienced strange bandwidth problems and the cable provider didn't solve the problem within months. So while searching for an easy to install and use monitoring (simple ping) solution I found PRTG from Paessler in Nuremberg. I 've heard of it before as the Windows based alternative to Nagios.

What can I say: I expected a solid Dice Game and ended up in Las Vegas!

Installed withing minutes on a small Celeron machine running Windows 7. This runs the core Server and the Probe. You create Groups within the Windows (or Browserbased) Desktop. Within those Groups you create Devices and Sensors (Ping, HTTP, FTP, NTP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP Switch Traffic, ... and I'd say hundreds of others) at Locations you can define and are shown on a map. A configurable HTTPS allows secure Browser and mobile APP access. I use the one for my Windows phone that shows me my favorite (customer) Sensors directly.

Automatically scan your Network (that might create a lot of Devices and Sensors, especially when you are using SNMP ready Switches, but don't worry, just pause them before you run out of your licenses). Monitor Switch Traffic if you wonder how long the Windows 10 updates disturb your other Machines. You can install remote Probes in other networks to monitor them and still collect all data on one central monitoring server.

PS: In the end, the cable provider changed the modem after I sent them several times very clear screenshots from PRTG where you could see the 1800 ms echos all three weeks instead of 32 ms the rest of the time.

Vantagens

Very good structure and overview of your devices and systems load, usage, availability and traffic
Easy install and use. No deep knowledge of MIB, RMON, LINUX or SNMP necessary
Free for small environments
Very Flexible (google 'prtg netatmo' for an impression :)
Be aware and informed about uprising problems (Mail, SMS, Mobile)
You literally see what your users experience

Desvantagens

Really! I have been thinking, but didn't find that much.
Rather ... nothing?
OK, one: you need a Windows system. That might be an issue for some.

Ryan F.

PRTG Feature and Functionality in summary

Avaliado em 10/01/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The application has helped us monitor all types of equipment and proactively resolve issues early.

Vantagens

This monitoring application has helped us stay on track of what is happening at every corner and for every device on our network, from Storage to network, security and usage statistics and notifications for each, this application has saved us many times in restoring and fixing problems before they get noticed by end users. From our desk and our our phones using the app, we can monitor and get visibility into many device types, including Cisco, Linux, storage systems, Microsoft operating systems just to name a few, with thousands of sensors to choose from. Very powerful and constantly improving.

Desvantagens

While just a few sensors were not performing well, like the Ping 30 for Cisco 1900 routers, PRTG has constantly released new updates that once applied, these issues are rectified.

Hi Ryan,

Avaliador Verificado
Traduzir com Google

Know when there's a problem before the end users start calling

Avaliado em 13/11/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We monitor customer routers that we service and their ISP gateways. We can find out rather quickly when a customer goes down, or when a customer is having an issue with just the router, and we do not have to be actively doing it ourselves. We are just notified when there's an issue and jump in and start resolving right it away.

Vantagens

It tells me when there is a problem without much overhead on my part, and it puts me ahead of the game before end users start notifying me there is a problem. Its a pretty great feeling being able to call the end user up and tell them that you have already detected a problem and that you were actively working on before they have gotten around to notify you there was even an issue.

Desvantagens

It takes some time to set up and configure the software. Its not as intuitive as I'd like it to be, but its entirely manageable. You just need to invest the time to learn it get it working the way you want and then from that point on its a breeze.

Thank for your review!

Mauricio A.
Traduzir com Google

Top five monitor app for IT departments on SMB and corporations 24/7 365 days.

Avaliado em 28/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Most of my clients are SMB and need a free option to monitor his IT devices, with a free option it's easier.

Vantagens

-The free version allows up to 100 sensors to be included on his interface. This feature helps allot of companies IT departments to monitor and compare without limitations.
-Easy installation process for core app, available for SNMP devices (almost every tech device has this option).
-Add devices for a monitor it's easier than other competitors because its agent less and his auto discover feature make deployment process fast and secure.
-Available as web interface with every OS and app for the most important devices (iOS and Android).

Desvantagens

-User guide needs to be adapted for none IT users.
-Reports need an experienced partner to customize executive options.
-Customer Support it's not the best part of this company, sometimes take days to solve an issue that would take minutes on other monitoring software.

Matteo T.
Traduzir com Google

Best monitoring solution I know our there

Avaliado em 24/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

with PRTG we can relax and react quickly when something goes wrong in our infrastructure. all in all it a great investment!

Vantagens

This software is quite easy and intuitive to set up and use. We have done the installation on our own and have been since then really happy with it. PRTG scans our infrastructure and notifies immediately when something goes wrong. Whenever we install new systems, we look at PRTG and set some basic sensors for each important service, and we are all set. it's a work of a few minutes, you can get most needs coevered with little effort

Desvantagens

the web based UI is much better now, but could still be improved a bit in the usability. selecting multiple objects is a bit awkward and not intuitive. some sensors are buggy and we have stopped using them. but that's only a very low percentage of the total

Hi Matteo,

Scott J.
Traduzir com Google

Robust and reliable monitoring solution

Avaliado em 12/12/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This is your one stop shop for a monitoring solution. Best value and most functionality all in one package.

Vantagens

Very wide variety of sensors for monitoring of various applications from SQL servers to custom scripts to ping to SNMP and WMI. Can be configured in a distributed configuration to spread out the load that the sensors place on a monitoring server or to consolidate WAN traffic between the central host and branch offices. Can be setup in a cluster for ultra high capacity server. Very robust selection of reports available with the ability to create custom reports. Beautiful Android client with push notifications. If you are looking for a monitoring solution this need be your one and only stop.

Desvantagens

Support can be a little slow to respond often taking a day to respond via email. Only Windows hosts can be used as full sensor probes.

Mark T.
Traduzir com Google

PRTG Great but missing some features for scale

Avaliado em 28/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

For network monitoring, daily use and ad-hoc to solve specific problems this software is perfect - you wont find a better all in one tool that is as easy to use as this tool.

Vantagens

PRTG has a lot of customization ability and can monitor almost anything with the right know how. From very simple stuff like SNMP to script based monitoring and alerting this software can do anything. The reporting and alerting are great and does the job very weel.

Desvantagens

The scale of the program is not the best at time. Unless you have a full licenses to monitor anything you must be "choosy" as to what you monitor. In addition executing the same monitor over and over is not easy to do "automatically" or via scripting like other tools so it can get cumbersome.

Dear Mark,

thank you for taking the time leaving us a review! Have you heard about our feature request? [https://bit.ly/2ZkfLp1]

Jason A.

PRTG Rocks!

Avaliado em 17/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, PRTG rocks! The customer service is fantastic. It's very configurable and once you learn the basic setup it's easy to set up new systems and services.

Vantagens

PRTG network monitor works wonderfully. They have a wide range of monitoring elements, from SNMP to SQL Server checks. The software auto updates which is great and I've configured it to send me monthly reports on downtime for certain systems. The general reporting is great and I can keep a lot of uptime history on all my systems and services.

Desvantagens

PRTG takes a little bit to get set up and dialed in to operate efficiently but it's worth the time. If you don't have the parent-child relationships configured correctly it's easy to get bombarded with messages of downtime.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your review! We love our PRTG fans.

Atahualpa R.
Traduzir com Google

Prtg is a software of easy use and allows to monitor and study the traffic of the network.

Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 31/05/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

PRTG is very useful for statistical studies of the behavior of the network, since it keeps historical daily, weekly, monthly and annual, this allows to carry out a detailed and accurate planning, we can also evaluate how a marketing and sales campaign impacts on the links of our network and see if the end customers are making more use of our services.

Vantagens

It allows configuring any network element, only with IP address, MIB an OID, and we can monitor from electrical signals, CPU indicators, RAM / ROM memory, UpLink traffic parameters, DownLink, pack discards, traffic overflow and loss. as well as the dating of data, with this indicators, our network is monitored 365 days a year.
Generally in ISPs it is used as a statistical traffic tool which allows to make growth projections in the links of the network of providers, as well as a guide to evaluate post impact work in the network of the ISP company.

Desvantagens

ls disadvantages of PRTG are few, however we must be aware that it is not a monitoring software in real time, it interrogates the network element every 5 minutes, and there is an additional time so we should not use it as a ractive failure tool.

Felipe L.
Traduzir com Google

Excellent tool to monitor and classify the bandwidth of the network.

Avaliado em 07/08/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I use PRTG on a daily basis in the company, which has helped me to quickly and easily verify the behavior of the network and that I can view it from anywhere via the web.

Vantagens

* I can know what applications are causing high traffic.
* I like the simplicity of its interface, which allows me to configure the monitoring sensors, as well as create reports of bandwidth usage for each one.
* The web interface with the I can give access to the visualization of the graphics and tables to the other members of my telecommunications team.

Desvantagens

PRTG is a software that I use daily and continuously in my work as a network analyst and I have not been inconvenienced, just keep improving it every day. The only thing I can suggest is that they launch a native version for Linux systems.

Pedro K.

PRTG it Life!

Avaliado em 22/06/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Basically, PRTG and life! System extremely simple to install and customize, has a very beautiful interface, and most importantly the set of tools that it after boarded and very functional, it is not only with the simple network monitoring, it comes with perpendicular level of the fall of devices, integration of the native sms of the application, alert via email. One of the best things he does and the channel splitting within the sensors that the device has.
Now what really is unbelievable in it, and its mapping system that gives 1000 to 0 in its competitors, is ridiculously easy to assemble map is also very simple and practical to customize them for operation.
In summary PRTG ends up being more than a simple tool tool.

Vantagens

Easy installation, extremely low learning curve, highly customizable, best category map editor, simple and clean appearance.

Desvantagens

Really does not have many cons ... Its only disadvantage and not having support for running on linux.

Resposta do Paessler

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review!

William B.

PRTG Saves the Day

Avaliado em 26/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, PRTG has helped save our schools district a lot of potential downtime when we didn't even know that there was an issue. If you need a network monitor, I suggest PRTG.

Vantagens

This software makes it very easy to determine if any node is down on our network. It also has TONS of additional features to monitor bandwidth usage, CPU usage, memory usage, etc., on each node selected if desired. It makes it very simple to know when a server, switch, or wireless AP is down in a matter of seconds with it's email push feature.

Desvantagens

This software is quite difficult to grasp. Since it has SO many features, it also has tons of options to set, but can be picked up by an IT admin in a couple hours if time and effort is put forth.

Resposta do Paessler

Hi William, Thank you for your review of PRTG!
Our blog is a great way to stay on top of various monitoring topics and the latest features of PRTG.

Greg Ross

7.0/10
Donovan S.

Best network monitor availalbe

Avaliado em 11/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

PRTG Network Monitor has helped me keep tabs on a large network of offices. It is certainly good value for money and very accurate. I love being able to see at glance what is happening on my network and still have the ability to drill down in to the most smallest of detail.

Vantagens

The setup of the monitor is very easy, allowing you to customise the deployment and scanning options. There are so many different sensors available you will be certain to find the one you need.

Desvantagens

It can be overwhelming to see all of the sensors when you do an auto-scan, you just need to realise that you probably don't need to monitor them all and it's better to rather pick and choose the ones that most relevant to your need.

Resposta do Paessler

Thanks for your review Donovan!

Ian M.

Versatile Tool for Network Monitoring

Avaliado em 09/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, this is a very good tool that has all the functionality of some of the more expensive products without the inflated price tag. I would definitely recommend that any Network Administrator looking for a good monitoring tool give this a try before purchasing something that costs twice as much.

Vantagens

I like the variety of alerting features as well as the visualizations available in the dashboard. You can easily produce executive level graphs to analyze trends across your network devices. The ability to customize which processes on each device to monitor makes this tool even more handy.

Desvantagens

While this is an overall excellent product, it can be a little bit clunky to get setup. Also, until you get the alerting tuned right where you want it, it can be a little bit noisy as far as generating emails go.

Dear Ian,

thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review!

Jesus P.
Traduzir com Google

Free network monitoring for small businesses with 10-20 servers.

Avaliado em 16/04/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Free network monitoring on a Windows server.

Vantagens

I love the fact it's Windows based and has easy setup features. The biggest pro is the free 100 sensors. If you're running a small business with 10-20 servers, this is the perfect solution to get them monitored for free. We found it to be extremely reliable for this particular use and upgrades were a breeze.

Desvantagens

Once you're out of the 100 sensor free version, the cost jumps into the thousands. So if you're expecting to grow much more, then keep that cost in mind. Also, the software installs far too many sensors per server when using the "auto discovery" feature. It's best to manually setup sensors as needed.

Jonathan A.
Traduzir com Google

Excellent tool to monitor almost any technological component

Avaliado em 12/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It is an excellent tool, we have managed to solve many incidents on time, we see the graphs in real time how the network and its components are working. The most important we protect the most important asset of the company "The information" applying the corrective to the first alerts.

Vantagens

I can monitor the components of the network in real time, one of the most important points is that the alarms that are sent by mail are personalized, you can locate the threshold you want to send and as often as required. We have monitors of all the components and in seconds we know which is alarmed, and we can solve the problem before it becomes serious and stop the operations.

Desvantagens

Change the design of the emails is a bit complex, you had to use an external tool to improve the presentation of the emails.

Cheers

Eitan B.

Solves our monitoring needs

Avaliado em 06/11/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We manage lots of machines with PRTG, it helps us focus on the important stuff that's going on. Covers divers needs.

Vantagens

It's easy to use without getting too technical when you start of, and lets you ramp up and dig deeper as you go. Covers lots of different scenarios, good visualizations, good performance, good features are getting added as we go.

Desvantagens

Windows based, and sometimes it's awkward to manage lots of linux machines with it - especially when the monitoring requires scripts to run on the remote machines.

Steven S.

Long-time PRTG User

Avaliado em 22/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I use this daily to monitor uptime of all servers and critical workstations. I also use WMI sensors when I need more than just uptime information. SQL sensors have also proven to be very useful.

Vantagens

Love the variety of sensors available for various platforms. Email and in-browser alerts are extremely useful.

Desvantagens

GUI can be clunky at times, although it has improved greatly over the last few years.

Dear Steven,

thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

Joel J.

Your Network Roadmap

Avaliado em 29/03/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

PRTG Network Monitor will help you easily identify network issues, you will finally know and understand what's going on in the background as you manage your network infrastructure.

Vantagens

PRTG offers a wealth of information about your network. This software will monitor every aspect of your IT infrastructure. Everything you wanted to know about your network is now available to you, including a few things you may not have thought of.

Desvantagens

There is so much information available, learning your way around the interface can be a bit daunting until you're up to speed.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your review! We love our PRTG fans.

Greg

Avaliador Verificado
Traduzir com Google

A fantastic network monitoring tool, that is easy to deploy and scale at a reasonable price.

Avaliado em 28/08/2018

Vantagens

PRTG network monitoring is fairly straight forward to configure and even easier to deploy sensors for monitoring components., unlike some other competing products. The reporting and dashboards are comprehensive visually, without being too overloaded with information. Support is very good.

Desvantagens

It is easy to overload the probes, which caused it to shoot out multiple alert messages for different sensors. Had to scale out my deployment, which I had not planned for.

Resposta do Paessler

Thank you for your review! Remote probes were designed with the type of scenario you mentioned, allowing you to scale a larger deployment.

Luis D.

Paessler PRTG Network monitor

Avaliado em 25/04/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Great software overall.

Vantagens

It can monitor many if not all of your network devices, such as firewall, printers, access points, along with software status running on pretty much all hardware, such as real time statistics, can create html maps to embed onto your intranet pages such as with Sharepoint, it also has a great built in reporting interface along with email notifications.

Desvantagens

It can take some time to setup sensors the first time, also some of these sensors can be quite complex, requiring the user to call tech support for a viable solution for the expected outcome.

Matt P.
Traduzir com Google

A lifesaver for our IT department!

Avaliado em 17/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

PRTG helps our IT department keep an eye on all of the devices connected to our network. We have about 1000 sensors set up that alert us when devices go offline, when toner is low in our printers, if a device is running too hot, if CPU or memory utilization spikes, etc. There is almost nothing that PRTG can't monitor. The notifications are great too. They can go be emails, text messages, or batch files that are launched. I can't imagine not having PRTG.

Vantagens

Helps us keep tabs on all of our network equipment.

Desvantagens

I don't have any cons to report. We've had a great overall experience for many years.

Hi Matt,

Jesus S.

Good monitoring tool

Avaliado em 28/07/2018
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

is a good monitoring tool using the SNMP protocol

Vantagens

It is a good tool that helps you to have monitored all the elements of your network, regardless of the distributor or network layer in which you are. it helps you not only monitor the team's status but also the performance of it

Desvantagens

despite being a good tool if you have the license, you can not have more than 100 sensors.
they give you scale functions in each sensor that can help you and at the same time confuse you or you lose appreciation of what you really want to see

Sam L.

PRTG - Great Monitoring tool

Avaliado em 20/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Network Monitoring is a vital tool for any SysAdmin who needs to have their sights on the heartbeat of their infrastructure and PRTG meets that need. Cost effective as you can purchase the number of sensors you need, and fairly priced.

Vantagens

Ease of use, upgrade process, support, forums, number of sensors, types of sensors, maps and ability to share public, sensor customization, notifications

Desvantagens

Some sensors are complex making them hard to implement

Dear Sam,

thank you for leaving us this review! The team here at Paessler is thrilled to hear such good feedback!

Dustin S.

Best Network Monitoring tool out there

Avaliado em 12/02/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Our previous product (Solar-you-know-what) was a beast to configure and keep up and running. PRTG took away a lot of the maintenance and got us straight down to data. Custom sensors have also helped us out on a few devices that are really specialized and specific to our operations.

- Clean interface
- Lightweight/no agents required on endpoints
- Maps feature is super customizable; map rotation lets you set up a NOC-like screen

Desvantagens

Paessler recently changed the pricing structure; the old system was a little bit more budget friendly and in my opinion easier to manage.