750 avaliações
Jessica F.

Best POS for small businesses

Avaliado em 04/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

One major benefit is how easy my ordering is with their PO system.

Vantagens

I moved from Lightspeed to Clover and it's night and day. I had to piecemeal the Clover system on the back end to be useful and Lightspeed hands you so much. I've since added more and more of the Lightspeed system like loyalty because their tools are amazing. One of the best parts is their customer service. You get quick answers and they go above and beyond. Whether it's something as simple as why isn't my shipping working on ecom or how can I verify my website with the different social media platforms, their FAQs and customer service team never disappoint. If you are thinking about switching, do it. You won't regret it. It's made me more efficient all around. Thanks Lightspeed!

Desvantagens

Lots of different options so it takes a bit to determine what you need to use.

Setor: Hospitais e Saúde
Porte da empresa: 5.001-10.000 funcionários

Best POS System in the Business

Avaliado em 01/05/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We had two separate Retail POS systems in our organization. One was so antiquated it had to be replaced and the second one was experiencing issues everyday and the support was lousy.

We purchased LightSpeed. I had the Retail Operators go through the setup videos and make decisions on how they wanted to setup the system based on the videos. Then, when the Operators completed their training, I had them configure LightSpeed themselves based on what they learned and the decisions they made. We then entered the inventory and the rest is history. I would recommend LightSpeed to anyone looking for a retail POS no matter what size.

Vantagens

I have installed numerous POS systems in my 30+ years of experience. LightSpeed is by far the most comprehensive system, yet easiest system to implement and use.

There support mechanism is second to none. If you look your question up in help, there will be documentation to answer your question, and chances are there is a video that walks you step by step through the solution.

If you feel like you want to get live help, there chat mechanism is one of the best, better yet, the support people on the chat are the most patient and knowledgeable support people in the business.

Simply the best.

Desvantagens

I don't have any comments for this section

Rosaline L.
Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

Most complete and easy POS

Avaliado em 02/09/2020

Very easy to use

Vantagens

It is easy to use as you can search for the individual items and put items in categories. It also enable us to put in modifier on each item with additional price too

Desvantagens

Very expensive compared to other POS. Only if the report format can be modified to be a little bit more simpler

Probabilidade de recomendação: 8.0/10

Setor: E-Learning

Worst Business Decision

Avaliado em 10/01/2019

Vantagens

I have no pros. I would like to take this opportunity to preface my review with the fact that I am not a negative review writer. As a business owner myself, I generally live by the golden rule of doing business and give the benefit of the doubt in most cases.
I took the time to write this today because I simply want to save you from the hardship of the lessons learned by so many business owners here.

Desvantagens

If you are considering Lightspeed for your business, please STOP HERE and do research. Allow the hundreds of negative reviews that came before mine to be your bright waving red flag. I DEFINITELY wish someone had told me to read some of these before entering an agreement with this company. Also, my lawyer would have STRONGLY advised me against entering this agreement, but unfortunately it was too late for me.

Hopefully, it is NOT too late for you. I'll keep this short:

1.) Lightspeed is overpriced,
2.) Lightspeed's product is mediocre: glitchy and has limitations,
3.) Lightspeed contract terms are extremely binding, consider them unethical.
4.) Lightspeed will do nothing for you as a customer. Your concerns will be deferred from person to person all with their arms up in the air until you get tired of trying to find a reasonable resolution and you land here, at the end of your rope writing a negative review with hope that someone will learn from your mistake and stay away.

I'm pretty certain if the business owner died, Lightspeed will go after their loved ones for a payout.
This is not a company any business owner should do business with.

Resposta do Lightspeed POS

Hi,

We value our customers feedback, and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns.

As we are unable to identify your business, please feel free to contact us at your convenience: 1(866) 932-1801 ext 8000. Our Customer Success team would be more than happy to connect with you.

We look forward to having the chance to speak with you.

Lightspeed Customer Success

Probabilidade de recomendação: 0.0/10

Tony G.

My experience with Lightspeed

Avaliado em 08/09/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

From the app add-ons, constant improvement to their support, Lightspeed has been there all of the way!

Several things...
1. Ease of implementation
2. Ease of training
3. Handle inventory, POS and eCom all in one place.

Desvantagens

The only issue I have is when the internet goes down, you are totally down.

Vaughn A.
Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

!!SMALL BUSINESS WARNING!! NOT FAIR

Avaliado em 29/04/2020
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

!!WARNING!!! THIS COMPANY IS NOT FAIR!
They bundled in the loyalty program in our automatic renewal. We were looking into the addition to see if it fits our business. Another $800 was tacked on to our renewal for the Loyalty program that I did not authorize. They are refusing to refund the Loyalty program fee say that we are in a contract and they have a phone recording committing to the contract (they won't actual share the recording though). We have no need for this extra program at the moment, have not used it and do not plan to use it at this time as our business volume has a ceiling and the margins do not support it at this time. We understand the value in the loyalty program by cannot presently justify it.

I have not worked for or worked with a company that does not work fairly with their customers.

I do not recommend LightSpeed and am stuck with them for another 11 months and plan to find a better POS partner.

Vantagens

The software is comprehensive. Many add-ons are available at high costs.

Desvantagens

It can get complicated and takes some effort to train new staff.
Support is good for the software although I have found that are led down the wrong path and wast time. Some of the representatives are not knowledgeable enough.

Hello Vaughn,

We would like to apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed and hope that we can work with you in order to get things moving in the right direction. We see that you have been in touch with our Customer Success team and we encourage you to continue working with them.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 0.0/10

Setor: Restaurantes
Traduzido para o Português

Lightspeed at the speed of light!

Avaliado em 28/11/2019
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

We have had a great experience with Lightspeed. It gives us the reports that we need to run the business efficiently. The waitstaff can easily take orders and payments without any problems.

Vantagens

Easy setup with great support from staff. Great reporting capability. Easy to set up users, products, etc. Great support staff who will help with any and all issues at any time. Can handle almost any need that a restaurant has.

Desvantagens

Longer learning curve than some other systems but with practice is becomes easy to use.

Sarah T.
Traduzido para o Português

Sales Reps should be aware of product limitations

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 08/07/2020

Vantagens

Accessible anywhere. Ecommerce friendly.

Desvantagens

Time consuming and monotonous account for merchant processing (fees are removed daily). Incapable with other( you must by their Zebra printer) hardware. Does not work with other ecommerce as they promised. Reports are not very user friendly

Hello Sarah,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience, and we are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the product and service received. We will have someone from our Customer Success Team reach out to you shortly. We value our customers feedback, and would be grateful to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 6.0/10

Natalie H.
Setor: Automotivo
Traduzido para o Português

better at accounting then powersports organization

Avaliado em 14/07/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Though it made my life a lot easier, I just did not find it worth the money.

Vantagens

Inventory, part history etc... was all very helpful and user friendly, scanners & inventory integration was also a great help.

Desvantagens

The scheduler was no user friendly. You could only schedule a customer on a specific date, but not a time, they had made some changes throughout my experience using the system, but it was never quite right. Also, a big one, was that it was not Canadian compatible.

Hello Natalie,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease.

As we are unable to identify your business, please feel free to contact us at your convenience: 1(844) 365-2868. Our Customer Success team would be more than happy to connect with you.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 4.0/10

Peter N.
Setor: Materiais de construção

Best POS on the Market

Avaliado em 11/06/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I would recommend this to everyone who wants to increase the productivity of their business.

Vantagens

Simple to use and can accomplish everything we were looking for . Much improved from our last two outdated POS systems.

Desvantagens

No cons as of yet we all love this system and it was super easy to learn.

Allison L.
Traduzido para o Português

Best decision I made for my business!

Avaliado em 29/05/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, I would recommend Lightspeed POS to any other retailer (especially clothing and shoes) in a heartbeat! If you have been manually counting inventory and have no customer sales data, this is a must. It was easy to set up and continued to be easy to use for me and my employees. The cloud based feature is perfect because I never have to worry about backing up important data and I can "see" my business from any device with internet access. It's brilliant.

Vantagens

Lightspeed POS provided instant inventory, sales, customer and employee data that was missing from my retail business. It was relatively easy to set up and I had lots of support! The amount of information we now have about our retail business is staggering and it allowed us to connect multiple locations which made inventory transfer a breeze!

Desvantagens

I had hoped for an integrated Loyalty program from the start (this has now been launched). We were manually keeping track of points for our customers which became tedious and inaccurate quickly. The new Loyalty is a good start but it feels a bit clumsy at times and not as customizable as I would like.

Sometimes inventory issues pop up when items are returned. For example, special orders from one location that are added to a purchase order for our main location, automatically show in stock at the needed location when simply checked in at main location. This can cause confusion as they are not physically at the needed location just yet. They have to be physically transferred but should not be added to inventory or received once they arrive (they were already there!). This took us a while to figure out and caused many inventory numbers to get out of whack.

Carol B.
Traduzido para o Português

Lightspeed Review during the pandemic.

Avaliado em 20/05/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I actually feel empowered.... the fact that a complete non-computer software person like myself can actually accomplish what i have done .... makes me feel like I might actually survive the future in business.

Vantagens

It is totally comprehensive. I am the most untechnical person alive. I started with the retail part first. I had a brick and mortar store already so it took me a long time to load up my existing inventory, adding the new inventory and run the business at the same time. Maybe I needed a team but a team costs money. Since the pandemic I added the ecommerce. Again....slow to start but the 24 hour help by chat or phone has been indispensable. The person who helps solve my problems then sends an email outlining the steps I needed to do. This help tremendously. Also enrolled in tutorials for an overview of what I was getting into. I have to admit the work is tedious, but the result is well worth it. The new addition is lightspeed pay which I am thrilled to be adding.

Desvantagens

It is a lot of grunt work.....very tedious. I understand that since the pandemic, everyone has been trying to load up their site and sometimes the queue is long before someone gets back to me. I also found that a couple of times I called in for help I was told that what I wanted to do was impossible. I kept calling in until I found someone that actually did understand what I wanted to do and how to solve my problem. I wasted valuable time looking for the right person to help me.
I can see that to update the inventory will be a full time job for someone.

Shawn E.

Best business purchase EVER

Avaliado em 19/02/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

After investing in a competing product and being incredibly disapointed, we were faced with a tough decision; do we make the change to lightspeed only a month after investing $$$ that we did not get any value from?
We decided to make the jump and were rewarded with the best upgrade our business has ever seen. This system is very easy to use. We have saved money and become more organized through efficient inventory management. Lightspeed has made our customers happy throughfast and organized checkout and allowed our staff to be the best they can be. Our service department has never been more organized. I feel like it has consolidated multiple areas of management and allowed more time to fucus on business. We re-invested for multi-years and could not ask for more from a POS.

Vantagens

Lightspeed is easy and efficient to operate. From training new employees to hectic busy days, Lightspeed reduces human errors and allows our staff and business to achieve their fullest potential.

Desvantagens

As a relatively small business, it would be nice to have different register modes for convenience without purchasing an add on register.

Amanda S.

Capital City Luggage

Avaliado em 19/02/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are a retail and repair shop that has 1 location. We were looking at a way of integrating our online inventory to our retail, so our inventory can be managed. There are very few things we would change about this platform. Its nice that as the company develops, they listen to customers needs and make relevant changes based on that. It's almost a 1 stop shop for being able to run a successful business.

Vantagens

- ecom and retail link seamlessly
-open and close cashes easy for staff
-each staff has own login to track sales progress and customers
- can limit staffs access to certain tabs that are irrelevant
-painlessly easy to submit orders, and create new product
-can easily provide quotes for potential customers
-easy to do inventory checks from your cell phone, great for purchasing at trade shows or counting stock in warehouse.

Desvantagens

Cons: -Limited integrated payments
-Limited ways to get content linked to other selling platforms
-Blog
-doesn't do penny rounding for cash sales (canada doesn't use pennies)
- creating a work order- we cannot add or remove tabs that show on work orders
-system crashes during work hours, (bugs in system) approx every 3 months, which means we have to use manual receipts and cash only.

Jennifer F.
Setor: Hotelaria
Porte da empresa: 501-1.000 funcionários
Traduzido para o Português

Hands down the best retail software out there!

Avaliado em 23/01/2020
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The LightSpeed team made our switchover to them and setup happen with such ease. Their system is cost friendly, reliable and aesthetically pleasing. Training new staff on the system is a breeze. The reporting options are so helpful for close out financials, ordering, staff hours, etc.

Vantagens

We most liked the back of house features it offered. The inventory piece, reporting and ease of use was instrumental in our decision to switch to LightSpeed. We loved the cloud based feature and it allows our staff to work from anywhere on reports, watch sales, reorder inventory, etc.

Desvantagens

There really hasn't been anything about the software that we've found was difficult or wished was different.

Carole J.

Lightspeed issues

Avaliado em 30/12/2019

not horrible not great

Vantagens

it's pretty easy, the inventory entering is easy, sales are easy. Reports are good, although none of them integrate, you have to pull 3-4 reports to get what you need unless you upgrade to way more $

Desvantagens

This is an app based program, so there are definite issues using this with an iPad, which is how we run our retail store. The gift card has been a problem from day one which we have reported many time and have an open ongoing unresolved case. We purchased the gift card from the company they recommended and they both point fingers at each other, meanwhile it is a nightmare for our customers who have to sit & wait while we figure out how to make their return or issue a gift card. Still not resolved. The cache fills up and you have to delete the app and reload it or certain functions do not work, like getting a new customers name in the system. The last thing you want to deal with is deleting an ap and reloading it. Customer service on management level is incredibly slow to respond if they ever do. The day to day service is very responsive.
The rep also over sold us the program and sold us 2 registers and so we over paid $1,000 a year for 3 years until we caught it. Never heard back from upper management regarding a credit or a few free months.
They are very responsive when you are up for review though! ALSO beware of their own integrative payment processing that they tell you will save you a lot of $, not really true.Get it in writing. First of all they will take their fee right off the top daily, so forget trying to reconcile your statement with your daily reports. You will get paid for Wed, Thur & friday the following Tuesday...so your cash flow is delayed. Way slow!!!!!!

Probabilidade de recomendação: 5.0/10

Many Sales Report Options Available/Analytics
Ease of Doing Business
Customer Friendly

Vantagens

This software is designed for RETAIL, makes doing business in our Realtor Store simple. Ringing up customer is a breeze. Easy and fast to create a purchase order and receive products to inventory. This software is intuitive and simple to learn. We keep track of our inventory and sales reports, with accuracy.
Love the scanners and printed product label option.

Desvantagens

The only negative is the long wait by phone, when we need to speak to support. Definitely worth the wait! All customer service people are polite. They always help us work through our issue with professionalism and follow-up email.

Andrew W.
Setor: Restaurantes

Still love it after 15 months

Avaliado em 18/12/2019
Fonte da avaliação: GetApp

While there are pros and cons, the pros far outweigh the cons. It's easy to use, intuitive, and best of all, THEY LISTEN. It doesn't take 10,000 customers complaining to get Lightspeed to make a change. Their support is excellent.

Vantagens

Onboarding and setup was a breeze - After signing on, we were tasked with a tutorial and onboarding process which, at times, was drawn out, but VERY helpful. It was a great learning tool and incredibly useful. They offered additional resources, but given my stubborn nature I set out on my own. The onboarding process was fairly easy. Painstaking, but simple. There were a few tasks that more difficult than necessary though. Like building the floor plan. I am very meticulous and there were not many options for the design, but I was able to figure it out with assistance from the help desk.

Very customizable layout and very versatile - The overall operation of the system is very easy, but not basic. Ease of use is key to me, especially when training new employees or adding/changing features. Need a new menu item on a certain screen? 30 seconds. Need to reorganize the layout? Just drag and drop. Color code menu items? Sure why not. We change our menu daily/weekly, so this was an important feature to me and my FOH manager. GThe back end and reporting is excellent as well. I was able to show the owner how to access the dashboard and view sales and sales vs goals. I can see how many of (X) item I sold when I ran it as a special, or how much of a certain item I sell week to week. We use it as our time clock, and even my BOH with ZERO knowledge of the system figured it out in seconds.

Desvantagens

The only major complaint I have is that there aren't enough credit card processors integrated in to the system, which is crucial to me.

Ken L.
Traduzido para o Português

Lightspeed can take your retail store to the next level...with some work!

Avaliado em 27/11/2019

Vantagens

3rd Party integrations, 1st party ecom integrations, Cayan payment integration, and the robust special order system that is rooted in the entire platform. These are the big ones but there is many more small things.

Desvantagens

No POS is perfect so there are definitely things that could be fixed. I would say being able to redeem gift cards online is a big one. They know this though and are working on it. Also, being able to see Matrix inventory in regular retail vs just in Analytics but again very small things.

Shane R.
Setor: Hardware

Lightspeed Retail Changed the way we run out business

Avaliado em 01/10/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We migrated from Lightspeed Onsite to Lightspeed retail nearly a year ago now, and the move has been fantastic. I did a LOT of research before the move to ensure we could take our Onsite Data over. Actually turned out there was some Workorder data that wouldn't migrate, but the upside to move to retail outweighed this by a long way. (As as work around, we simply left LightSpeed Onsite running side by side to Retail, and refer back only occasionally to Onsite. Isn't as big a deal as I thought it would be)

Lightspeed retail is quick and powerful. Inventory management is completely accurate, and keeping track of special orders for customers is a breeze. We used to keep manual systems in place to keep track, but these have been retired.

Customer management is excellent, keeping track of who owes what and what customer has how much on deposit for special orders. Lightspeed retail also integrates easily into our Tyro POS system, making credit card payments easy and accurate, no fear of adding or worse, leaving a zero off of the bill.

Work orders can be colour coded to show where jobs are up to, and we keep all customer notes in the system. With LS retail being cloud based, I can even send a tech out onsite with and iPad and a Mobile Payment device and invoice, take payment and close a job before the tech leave customer site. On top of this, I have integrated a third party application called Service Reign to manage emails to customers post job to glean customer feedback.

Vantagens

LS Retail is smart, accurate and quick. Inventory management is great, and reporting is comprehensive. This is everything we need to efficiently run our business. Being a cloud based system, we can track the business remotely.

Desvantagens

LS Retail (coming from LS Onsite), can be a little clunky at first, however once you understand the work flow of the system, it all makes sense.

Nathan K.
Setor: Artigos esportivos
Traduzido para o Português

Lightspeed is among the best POS platforms for growing businesses

Avaliado em 17/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Lightspeed has proven to be an extremely stable POS system for our usage. Downtime has been extremely minimal and Lightspeed support teams are always able to get us back up and running quickly--often before the operating hours of our stores. With the stability of the software and the advanced insights into sales trends, we are able to understand our merchandising and inventory needs at a much more granular level. This ensures that we aren't wasting dollars on excessive inventory that is difficult to sell. We are also able to focus on the operational aspects of the business since the software has been so stable and reliable for us.

Vantagens

The sales tools are very easy to understand and enable us to train new employees quickly on the software. The software also makes managing multiple store locations easy and centralizes order and vendor information for our product managers to use across the company and analytics and insights that the software provides is essential to master the merchandising and inventory needs of our store.

Desvantagens

While Lightspeed offers excellent analytics tools and integrations, most of them come at an additional cost which may be a deterrent for smaller businesses. If you aren't planning on investing a great deal of effort into the growth of your business (i.e. more locations or omnichannel sales) than you may be better served with another option. Also, while there are several integrations and API connections available for the system without designing custom solutions, some POS systems offer greater scalability and integrations with software like third-party e-commerce management tools. When moving away from Lightspeed's products for solutions such as this, costs can quickly add up.

Probabilidade de recomendação: 9.0/10

Jeanie V.

7 Years In with Lightspeed

Avaliado em 16/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

LightSpeed has proved to be a positive addition to our business over and over again.

Vantagens

The system allows vision into your business clearly and quite simply. From the day to day sales to the back office reports, the system is easy to use. In ALL cases where something is not exactly as you envision it, the customer support team is there to help; they are PHENOMENAL and coming from retail, I do use those words quite carefully. We launched our business with Light Speed Onsite and have since upgraded to Retail. Each and every step of the way, the support team has helped with and gone and above and beyond getting me operating thru, from the simplest to the complex. We have no other point of reference of other POS providers, but many times other they are present at tradeshows. From a personal perspective, hearing the sales pitch (what we assume is the best of the best), LightSpeed provides services and abilities well above the others.

Desvantagens

Unfortunately, price does come in to play. The cost, now knowing the system, is well worth it. However, there are other features that we feel should be included (as commonly seen elsewhere) that must be a "add-on" application from outside providers. Interpretation: add on = added costs. Being a small business, the cost of the POS system is significant enough, add on's are almost impossible to also incur.

Julie R.

Robust System Integrates Webstore and Brick- and - Mortar Store

Avaliado em 19/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I'm super happy with Lightspeed and I like how they have 24/7 customer service in case of a glitch. The staff is always very friendly and extremely knowledgeable.
I tried another service (Sunrise POS) when I first started out and the guy promised me the world. Little did I know it wasn't even geared for retail it was a restaurant system. I was totally taken advantage of, I had no one to call for support and ended losing over 5k.
Lightspeed is up front and caters to your needs. They are awesome!!

Vantagens

It's easy to use, It's easy to check on the store activity when I'm not there through my iPhone. It gives detailed reports on categories, vendors and daily sales. I love it because it manages the inventory on my website as well as my retail front. If I have 12 pieces listed on my web store and sell 4 in the store, it will deduct accordingly.

Desvantagens

Nothing really. I wish some of the paid upgraded features were free.

Jennifer B.
Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
Traduzido para o Português

TRACK YOUR PROFIT MARGINS!

Avaliado em 08/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have a small health food store in Sullivan, MO. We have been online with Lightspeed POS for nearly a year now. The partnership with Pointy is much appreciated. Even without paying for additional online presence I believe the Pointy helps direct traffic to our business for sure! Also the Lightspeed system easily allows you to track profit margins and sales. This by far has been my favorite asset to the system. Of course it does rely on setting up your inventory accurate, which is a process but a process that is undoubtedly an INVESTMENT! I tracked sales over a couple of months and noticed a dip in profit margins and traced that back to companies raising wholesale but not increasing the MSRP. This hurts brick and mortar retailers. I was able to easily pull up these products from certain vendors in an isolated manner and go through where our retail prices were set and be sure we were setting it at a proper profit margin to keep the lights on! A month after doing this I noticed profits margins went from 35-37% to 38-40%. We offer 20% off our set prices just to keep up with online businesses, so we have to make sure the set retail will allow us a proper profit margin after the advertised discount. LOVE this feature! Customer service has been prompt to help anytime we have asked. They are adding and improving things all the time!

Vantagens

Being able to track profit margins and sales. Knowing what products to keep around and which ones to remove from inventory.

Desvantagens

There are 2 different sales screens and each has their pros and cons…. but this is probably the most confusing thing in the system.

Justin R.

Happy Bike Shop Owner

Avaliado em 21/06/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Lightspeed has been great to work with. The training provided after purchase was great. On going customer support has been phenomenal.

Vantagens

Really like the cloud based flexibility. Also love the syncing ability with most of my main vendors for importing purchase orders.

Desvantagens

Only con is the fear of web being down or my local internet service not working and if that is the case not being able to run my store. This is has never been and actual issue though.