Avaliações do Clio

Clio

Software de gestão de casos jurídicos baseado em nuvem

4.7/5 (722 avaliações)
Nicole B.

Clio Review

Avaliado em 08/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Our overall experience with Clio has been fantastic!! The benefit of having all our information (contacts, notes, calendar, documents, etc.) in one program is huge for us as we often end up having to access this information outside of the office. The continued updates that Clio has made since we first began using it several years ago have all been excellent as well.

Vantagens

The software is easy to use and understand. The transition to Clio from our previous system was relatively seamless and the customer service is fantastic. I like that we can share documents with our clients and are able to see what date and time a client viewed each document. It is also extremely convenient to have our documents stored in Clio so that they can be viewed when we are not physically in the office.

Desvantagens

It would be nice if you could integrate notes from a contact directly into a new matter as you are opening one. Currently, I have to copy and paste each note from the contact into the matter notes. Also, when I put in messages for Mr. Chefalo on people he needs to call back I make a task for him. When he views the tasks on his cell phone, it would be nice if he could simple tap on the phone number in the task and have it directly call the number as opposed to him having to type the number in on his cell phone to make the call. Finally, a client suggested that it would be nice if he had the option to opt in to receiving text messages from Clio any time we share a document with him or generate a bill on his matter.

Justin D.

What I Like Most About Clio

Avaliado em 05/08/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Clio had a long learning curve. That said, any software that has wide capability will have a long learning curve. However, the support team has been very helpful. It does not work for me to try to read articles to learn how to use the system, I appreciate being able to get someone on the phone or on chat who can simply show me how to do what I want to do.

Vantagens

As a solo practicing attorney for almost a quarter century, tracking time, preparing and sending out bills has been my least favorite activity, and the place where I have lost revenue and had upset clients. My experience is that clients don't appreciate it when bills are sent timely or when they receive billing after six to twelve months of work - they really prefer regular billing.

Clio has revolutionized the billing and collection part of my solo practice environment. Now that I have learned how to create clients and matters and to input time, it is a simple once a month task to create professional monthly client bills which I can print and snail mail, email, or send with the LawPay connection and the client can "click through" the email bill to pay with credit card.

Desvantagens

I cannot figure out how to set up or use the form template function. When I have tried it does not really work and I have stopped trying to use this. I would very much like to create some form engagement letters.

My work is mainly transaction, not so much litigation. At first it was difficult to figure out how to prepare a nice looking flat-fee for a project type bill. However, with the updates I have been able to customize bills to have both hourly fee bills and flat-fee bills.

Michelle S.

Review of Clio From Attorney Owner At Small Firm

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I recommend Clio to solo and small firm attorneys. It has a lot of features that you may not use but it is nice to have the option. In spite of its many features, Clio is easy to use. My billing and collections went up when I switched to Clio because logging time and billing is very easy and the gmail feature makes sure I remember to bill for mass of emails I receive each day. My calendar, matter and contact information is available quickly wherever I am. Clio has improved my efficiency and made my work day easier.

Vantagens

Clio is very fast, even when I am accessing the full website on my ipad. I love the new add on for Gmail that allows me to bill directly to Clio from the email and even save the mail to Clio if I want. The program feels modern. The program is easy to use in spite of the many many features. I have three staff members, one under 30, one under 50 and one in her 70s. All three are able to easily use the program. I like the third party apps that work directly with Clio such as Dropbox, Invoice Sherpa , Gmail and Fastcase. Customer service is very responsive and Clio is constantly receiving significant upgrades.

Desvantagens

Based on all of the options and information available in Clio I am still surprised by the minimal reporting capabilities in the practice management side of the program. The basics are there but in my opinion there are many helpful reports that are missing. Even if Clio does not want to add additional reports, making an option for the user to create custom reports would be a good alternative.

Clio added an option to require and maintain an evergreen retainer. That is very helpful, however, you have to send a separate request to the client for the evergreen retainer to be replenished. It would be much more helpful if you had the option to include the evergreen retainer request on the client invoice. My clients get confused when they receive a billing invoice and then on the same day or some days later yet another invoice with a new request for retainer replenishment.

Tami K.

Clio in our law firm

Avaliado em 22/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Our greatest benefit to date was when we added the payment links to our invoices and the speed we are now getting paid by clients. They love the online ability to pay for their bill and we love the speed it's processed in. The ease that the monthly billing process has become has also freed up a tremendous amount of time for staff.

Vantagens

The Clio platform was very easy to implement with our firm's daily usage. The onboarding process was smooth and the learning and transition for staff were easy. The software is meeting our firm's needs on a daily basis. I also appreciate that they listen to suggestions and continue to improve and add features throughout the year. Clio has allowed our monthly billing process to go from a day-long process to an hour process.

Desvantagens

Some of the reporting features need to be fine-tuned or added to. My biggest pet peeve is the limit of 50 items to a page, so you update to 200 but it defaults back to 50 every time you move around between pages.

Lovedip S.

Clio Review July 9, 2019

Avaliado em 09/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The speed of creating standard letters is not a feature that most other programs have. I research 3 other programs and used 1 legal software program for about a year. I have been able to save time and speed up common tasks with Clio. Also, in the past i have had to use multiple platforms to perform legal work. Now i only relay on Clio

Vantagens

compared to other software on the market, Clio is very user friendly
I can access it from anywhere in the world
customer service is quick with providing answers to questions

Desvantagens

on the mobile app, the documents are difficult to access because if the name of the document is too long, you may not know which document it is.

Stephen B.

Fantastic Practice Management Solution

Avaliado em 06/07/2019

Vantagens

Clio's intuitive design is easy to use for anyone from the tech savy to the "how do I turn this thing on" person. They are constantly adding features and functionality to the software solution making the administrative side of practicing law much easier and less time consuming. Clio's support team is always quick to respond and is always friendly and helpful. The growing list of integrations is definite plus and gives us the ability to extend the already great functionality to the next level. And if you are into coding, you can always create a custom integration to suit your needs.

Desvantagens

Really the only complaint I have about Clio is the reporting capabilities. While it has some great canned reports within the interface, there is no ability to customize reports to massage out information that would be useful to my practice. We make do, of course, but this has been my complaint for some time now. Last time I checked there was a pay integration that allowed for more robust reporting but adding yet another subscription isn't appealing when it would be relatively easy for Clio to add this capability to their platform.

Marie G.

Clio Review

Avaliado em 24/06/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

My overall experience has been positive. There are plenty of resources for day to day activities and for more complex matters the live support has been indispensable. I find it easy to navigate and learn.

Vantagens

Initially it was a better system overall than the systems we were trying to make fit our needs (Timeslips and Sharepoint). Subsequently, the updates that are implemented by the development team when there is an obvious need or lack identified.

Desvantagens

I did not like that the billing of outstanding balances was not automated during billing runs to capture all outstanding balances so anyone who does not have a current bill still gets a bill when I do not enter a start time as a filter option. I also do not like that I have to clean up so much on the Quickbooks Online end of a Retainer transfer, especially after a billing run when its many clients at once, it creates a lot of work in the Retainer in Trust register in QBO.

Stephen C.

Changed my practice

Avaliado em 20/06/2019

Vantagens

Clio has been a game changer for my practice. Before I would write my time on a sheet of paper (sometimes any paper within reach) and hope it got entered at some point before the end of the month. Now, I immediately enter my time either on my computer or iPhone. A phone call, client conversations, anytime I work on a file it immediately gets entered into Clio.
At the end of the month, Billing is a breeze. I am able to see all of my Billable Clients for the month and with a few clicks, they are all sent out by either email or Clio Connect. My clients can pay with their credit cards, and many times they have paid overnight before I even get to the office the next day. I remember when I first switched to Clio about 80% of my accounts receivable paid within the first week.
My clients also like the billing detail with separate time, attorneys, and expenses. I have been able to create custom invoices to comply with some of my government contracts, which require invoices to look a certain way.
We are also big fans on the integration with Office365. The software automatically creates a client folder on OneDrive when a new matter is opened. This has been a huge help in keeping everyone working on the same files and storing documents in the correct client folder. Also, the Outlook plugin has been great to keep all emails received and sent copied to the client's matter. I do not know how many times I have easily found an email related to a client matter.

Desvantagens

I wish there was better integration with Infusionsoft (now Keap). There is a way to connect using third parties, but it would be nice to only enter client information once.

Gary H.

Clio Is The Best

Avaliado em 04/09/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have not had a single issue with Clio. I have used it now for three years. My bills look sharp and the time/activity record keeping is flawless, which helps when I have to push to get paid. The trust accounting is redundant and airtight. I am looking forward to developing my practice and I know that Clio is expanding its range of functions at a rate faster than any of my needs. Clio is leading the industry in coordinating with third party vendors (Lawpay, Outlook etc) to make Clio even more functional and efficient.

Vantagens

There is much to like about Clio. Their customer support is first rate and comprehensive. For example, learning to manage trust accounting and the creation of regular client invoices are critical and time sensitive activities. During my first year with Clio, I would call customer service at the end of each month as I encountered small mistakes I made in billing or accounting. Clio was always there willing to patiently walk me through my steps to help me fix my errors. The billing and accounting features are redundant and it is almost impossible to make a mistake that cannot be fixed. Time entry is simple and efficient.

Desvantagens

I love the ease of use with respect to creating bills and managing trust accounting. On a different level, I have confidence that Clio is on the cutting edge of technology and software developments. As is evidenced by their annual conference, Clio is a leader in the industry. My investment in time learning this platform will continue to pay dividends as I mature as a solo practitioner. I am a veteran litigator but I recently opened my own practice. Clio has been the one indispensable tool to my new practice.

Candace W.
Traduzir com Google

I have been so impressed with Clio. There is so much it can do and the customer service is amazing.

Avaliado em 16/03/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

There are too many to mention. I was only looking for conflict management software and didn't know if I needed a case management software because I am a solo attorney that is just starting out. It turns out that Clio does so much more. The timer feature lets you track work on different matters and easily switch to a different matter when a phone rings or interruption happens. You don't lost time. The billing is clean, neat and easy. After that you can move on to so many other options -- document automation, cloud storage, phone logs, email logs, quick and easy email drop. I have been here less than a year and I wouldn't switch. I am so pleased with Clio and how it makes the business end of practicing so much easier.

Vantagens

What is best? There is so much. The Dashboard (to see instantly how the I am doing, and for each client so I can see how much time and billing has occurred on each matter and easily find the information I need); Time keeping, invoicing, secured email, email drop (to easily put emails into client matters in Clio and free up inbox space, ) and DOCUMENT TEMPLATES with Custom Fields -- I have automated my engagement letter, a basic client letter, will forms, POAs, etc. It saves so much time. To write a letter and not have to look up an address or block/copy it is so nice. You generate the document and edit to start typing the body right away. It requires work on the front end but in the end it is worth it. Also, the customer service being one click on a chat icon away is great. They are so friendly and talked me through invoicing each month for the first few months.

Desvantagens

The customer service and training videos are great but sometimes it feels like an Easter egg hunt to find out what all it can do. I spent the first 8 months just keeping time and doing invoicing. I knew it did other things but wasn't sure what and how. Once I started digging around I have been amazed at what all I have found. It has saved so much time and made things for a solo attorney so much easier. I am sold.

David M.
Traduzir com Google

Best all-in-one solution out there

Avaliado em 24/05/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

It's a major time saver. It's great for billing, keeping tabs of your time, costs associated with a file, trust money for each file, docketing, contact lists, and all the rest.

It feels a bit short/incomplete in some areas, but they keep improving it so hopefully that will happen soon.

It's still the best damn law practice software out there, and I've searched high and low!

- Easy to use and learn
- Easy to show others to use
- Really easy billing features
- Great organization
- The Notes feature is fantastic and replaces any need for docketing and memos to file
- The "add time" feature makes it easy to keep track of billings and what's to go on the next invoice
- The linking of contacts to files is a time saver
- The Calendar is easy to use and does what you need it to
- The accounting that exists is great for keeping track of the movement of money directly connected with a file. It has helped keep my trust accounting immaculate. IT also helps me keep track of expenses associated with each file.

Desvantagens

Clio is fantastic and the best solution I've been able to find, and I've done a lot of searching both before and after buying Clio. That said, Clio seems half finished in some areas and I'm hoping more work will come.

- The accounting is adequate, but should go a lot further than it does. I would love an integrated cheque writing program, for example.

- I don't know why you can't have more than one client per file. It's a small thing, but it bugs me. I put additional clients in the "contact" list associated with the file, and just pick one as a primary client to list. It doesn't matter, but again, it's a weird oversight.

- The firm metrics is a great idea, but it seems half finished. I don't know why, but it doesn't save stuff year to year and just dumps the information. There's also a dramatic lack of ability to customize things. This is frequent in some of Clio's features, such as how to list matters or client names. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a weird thing to not make more usable.

Overall, Clio is a fantastic program and I don't know how I'd run my practice without it. It's a lot better than everything else I've tried. I just wish the damn thing integrated with more programs and capabilities, and that they just expanded on it. I think the reason why it's frustrating is because it's so close to being sort of perfect, and they just don't go far enough. Hopefully they'll keep adding to it and raise it to that level!

It's definitely worth the buy.

Amber G.

Simple, flexible and user-friendly

Avaliado em 24/06/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Right from the outset I have found the support at Clio to be fantastically helpful. It's a big decision working out which product is right for your particular business. Clio, as you expect from most companies in the beginning, were great at informing us what Clio could do and answering our initial questions. However, what I am really impressed about it the continued support from Clio. It does not matter who you speak to, they are friendly, knowledgeable and will do all they can to help you. And if they don't know, which is rare, they will find out and get back to you. And they do get back to you! Plus every phone call is followed up with an email. With regard to the product itself, it is pretty easy to use. Most things are quite logical and therefore you can work it out fairly simply. I am of the view that no product is perfect as every business will have different requirements. In the case of Clio, there are a few very minor things we would like to see available. Clio are continuously developing and improving the product and, I think, everything we have enquired about that is not already a function of Clio, is in the pipeline. However, it is still great for us as it is but we always strive for perfection!

Vantagens

I love the simplicity and flexibility of Clio. It is very user friendly and the way it looks is very neat. It does not take long to work out exactly what you are looking at and what it all means. For me personally, I do a lot of billing and compared with a previous software package, Clio has saved me a lot of time and it's really easy to keep track of where you are as it automatically incorporates a workflow. Also, setting up new cases is easy and flexible. You are easily able to incorporate your own requirements and information.

Desvantagens

This is quite specific but for us, the biggest drawback is not being able to present the invoice in exactly the way we want (i.e. a front cover summary of figures without the time description wording). There is a lot of flexibility on the invoices which is great but the one thing we can't do is take the wording away from the first page. Our company like to keep the first page of the invoice very simple and clear and then have the narrative on the following pages. We understand, however, that this is being developed by Clio and should be rolled out some time in the next couple of months or so.

Owen H.
Traduzir com Google

Fantastic value, modern software, steadily improving features

Avaliado em 14/04/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I've been using Clio since 2011 to help me run my solo practice. I use it primarily for calendaring , time tracking, and billing. Those features are fantastic. Almost all of my billable time is calendared, and Clio lets me add time right to those events and assign it to a matter right from the calendar. I cut my administrative time to bill clients by 40% the first time I used Clio, and it's now down roughly 90%.

I love that Clio lets me use third-party software with it rather than forcing users to rely on less convenient built-in solutions. For instance, Clio creates a folder for each client and matter for me in Box.com where I can work on my clients' documents using the rich feature set of Box. Clio Documents is okay for sharing with Clients, but there's no way they could replicate Box.

There are two things I really wish Clio would improve. First is the ability to natively support joint representation. I do some consumer bankruptcy work, and many of my cases are joint petitions. The Clio solution is to add one of the joint parties as a 'related party'. Strictly speaking, this is not a related party, but my actual client. I can note the relationship type, so it works okay for conflict checks, but I'd rather the software reflect the real legal relationship.

The other has to do with transaction tracking and integration with bookkeeping software. Maybe I just need to learn how to do this better, but I end up doing double work in Clio and Quickbooks for expenses and trust accounting. Bills and payments integrate, but the details, which are important for accounting disclosures, are manual in Clio.

All in all, Clio continues to be the best option for me. I'm very mobile, so a SaaS/Cloud solution is absolutely required. The features were very basic when I started using it, but the folks at Clio are constantly releasing new functionality, improving existing functionality, and integrating new useful apps. Oh yeah, I'm a bit of a tech geek, so having access to an open API is extremely tempting to me. I've done one integration with Zapier, and I have some ideas for other things I might do directly with the API.

Highly recommended.

Vantagens

SaaS platform, integrations with useful software like Box.com and NextChapter (bankruptcy service), comprehensive workflow features

Desvantagens

Detailed expense accounting is cumbersome, joint representation is not natively supported

Jared B.
Traduzir com Google

Customer service makes all the difference.

Avaliado em 16/05/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

All the information you need at your fingertips, anywhere in the world. Hassle-free and comprehensive customer service.

Vantagens

Packed with features. There is just so much that can be done with this software that a firm might not have thought to do with some of the older software platforms. Everything is secure and designed from a legal professional's viewpoint. Every person in our firm can handle a case from start to finish without leaving the Clio platform -- anywhere, anytime.

Also, the customer service should not be overlooked. When we were researching various platforms to take over for Time Matters (Practice Panther, Rocket Matter, MyCase, etc.) Clio was the only company that had a knowledgable onboarding professional at the ready. They were incredibly flexible with letting us extend our demo phase and spent many hours running through different functions with us. They even held a full-scale training session with our entire staff BEFORE we had signed up. Even after we purchased Clio, they continued to hold our hand through the entire implementation process. That sort of service made our transition into the cloud seamless and allowed us to really take advantage of cost-savings that we were aiming for.

Desvantagens

The only issue that we've had so far is personalizing the goals on the dashboard page. It would be nice to have a more granular and specific revenue analysis for each attorney. Granted, we are still implementing other more important features firm-wide, so this hasn't been the highest priority, and it's more of a luxury anyway.

Jonathan S.

Really great!

Avaliado em 29/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

My firm has been using Clio for just under 4 years. I have watched Clio grow a great deal in that amount of time. I am very pleased that Clio has regularly updated its service and added new features. Although the changeover was a challenge (what software migration isn't?), everyone in my firm now uses Clio quite happily. Of course, there are always things that I would like to see improved, but I have no major gripes. Reporting options could be more robust. It would be nice to see some sort of feature that would help to avoid duplication of contacts (a common problem for us). It is also disappointing that Clio chose to tier its services such that we no longer have access to all of the features. We would have to pay more to get access to all of the features, which we have deemed not worth the investment at this time. I can't say enough good things about their customer support. They have always been quick to answer and are ready to help us with any problems we have had. Fortunately, once we got everything converted over, the issues or questions we have had since then have been few and far between. In my opinion, Clio should be on everyone's short list for a web-based practice management system!

Vantagens

The features that are offered by Clio are second to none. The system is easy to use. The interface is nicely designed. They offer mobile applications, which I use frequently. Can handle firms of any size.

Desvantagens

I would like to see Clio offer more reporting options. Clio doesn't have an attorney-centric view. It would be nice to have Clio "lock in" on the fact that I always want to see reports, bills, etc. for only my matters. I don't ever need to see matters, reports, bills, etc. that don't belong to me.

Lori G.

Great Bang for Your Buck

Avaliado em 27/09/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Clio offers a ton of features for a very, affordable price. No need for hefty servers or IT departments, simply utilize their unlimited document storage and secure client portal to easily store and share documents, invoices, etc. While a huge fan of cloud-based practice management, Clio earns high marks from me as one of the easiest to learn. Whether you use Clio for the basics or customize it to its fullest - Clio adds not only efficiency to your practice - it's like adding a staff member. Conflict checking, matter specific info at your fingertips, document automation and integrations with over 50 third-party apps means you can easily build Clio to meet your firm's specific needs. But just to prove I am a real person giving real feedback - I gave a 4 on the features and functionality section simply because there are minimal reporting features in Clio. Basic reports are available (Work in Progress, Productivity and Accounts Receivables) but for more intensive reporting options, additional work is required utilizing exporting options. I also don't love the current option for entering contacts, however, I simply connected my Clio account to a Google account and import my contacts from Google. Works like a dream and keeps me from doing tons of data entry when entering new contacts. Clio is well worth the money at any level! I always suggest at least the Boutique level (well worth the additional funds) and see lots of value in the Elite level (marketing/CRM module that will help you actually track what is working and what isn't)!

Vantagens

Ease of use, fantastic customer support (including building of features based on client feedback), document automation and custom task lists.

Desvantagens

Minimal reporting options and contact entry.

John G.
Traduzir com Google

Clio will never be perfect, but continuously improving is all we can hope for in software anyway

Avaliado em 26/09/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Over five years ago, while still in my first year of solo practice (6 years after first bar admission), I tried another product advertised to work for Mac users and it was a nightmare, so I resolved to try Rocketmatter and Clio; for whatever reason, I found I preferred the look and feel of Clio, and have been with it since. It's the first program I open every day and the last program I shut down when I go home. I am a true solo with no staff support still, and am just now tip-toeing into hiring some staff support - Clio makes it easy for me to use remote support, work-from-home assistants, etc., which is great for keeping the overhead low and the ROI on it high.

Vantagens

The integrated suite of functions

Desvantagens

1) There are some known glitches that result from the cloud exchange of data that don't seem to be getting corrected.
2) The UI should be more customizable within the total Clio palette of functions and features. I'm very oriented towards being able to do everything with keystrokes as efficiently as possible, and Clio isn't there yet in its usability.
3) I'm growing increasingly concerned about my inability to access my data following a big natural disaster (such as the Cascadia Subduction Zone earthquake). Clio needs to offer a function that will allow lawyers to use Clio in "isolated/local only" mode (i.e., with no internet connection to the mothership) and then sync all the changes once the internet is restored. If I ever leave Clio it will be because of this concern. In the event of a big disaster recovery, I should be able to keep practicing as much as possible just like I am now, even if Clio and the Internet are not available.

Joseph B.
Traduzir com Google

Clio is an essential part of this law firm

Avaliado em 25/07/2019

Vantagens

Having direct access to the company, and the developers is a huge benefit to using Clio. If there's something that's not quite right, there's usually an easy fix or workaround, and you don't have to wait around for days or weeks to get a response from support. As far as the software itself, we love the nearly limitless integration ability of Clio, and the fact that they're always adding/improving features, like CourtRules, which is essential to our litigation practice.

Desvantagens

We've been powered by Clio since 2011, and at the time, subscription software was a new concept, which took me a while to warm up to. Eight years later, however, everything requires a subscription, so this is a non-issue. I can only think of two things that I wish Clio would come up with a fix for: (1) ability to merge duplicate contacts; and (2) bring back the ability to have a less expensive subscriptions for non-attorney users.

Immi S.
Traduzir com Google

Clio is essential to our law office

Avaliado em 27/06/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are able to track consultations and potential new clients through Clio Grow, which is new to us. I think our office couldn't function or allow us to do the volume of work we do. It has definitely made a difference in our revenue.

Vantagens

Clio allows us to input and see everything related to a client's matter in one place, as well as track critical due dates and immigration file numbers. I love everything about Clio Manage and we have also subscribed to Clio Grow which allows us to track new clients and send our fee agreement with a just a few clicks! I also use the Law Pay function that allows for clients to pay quickly and easily, which has resulted in getting paid faster!

Desvantagens

The accounting function could be better and more in line with what PC Law offers.

Michele R.

Clio is a great product

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The attorneys and staff love using Clio. The law firm that I recommended Clio to has implemented it and is loving it as well. I have recommended to another firm who is currently looking into implementing Clio into their practice as well.

Vantagens

this software has helped our firm to revamp how we keep track of statutes, trust monies and has improved our billing practices. This software is easy to use and if I ever have any questions, the customer support is terrific.

Desvantagens

I wish that they had someone come on site to train users, as I believe there are features that our firm does not know about or that we are not using Clio to it's fullest potential.

Patrick H.
Traduzir com Google

There’s a Reason Clio is the Top in Law Practice Programs...

Avaliado em 30/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Caveat, I pay for the special 800 tech support line and I use it. This program is extremely large, not bloated just all encompassing and with the ready tech support, unconditional security protocol , online quick pay from clients thru the LawPay digital invoice, together with the ease of use, document generation and ready cloud input, I’ve been loving Clio for many years. It needs a better mobile app but I simply use Clio from my mobile browser instead on it’s rudimentary mobile app.

Vantagens

After several years of use (and that after several years trying variety of other software), Clio has a lot going for it: Regular updates and innovative improvements, fantastic tech support, reliable safe and secure, online client billing and client invoice payments and client retainers, deposits via both credit card OR e-check for both operations and client trust accounts, great migration tech support for transitioning from other similar LPM programs, great flexibility in subscriber choices both as to breadth of features and user preferences, excellent 3rd party synchronization and amazing 3rd party add on features. It’s damned good!

Desvantagens

I recently looked briefly at Cosmolex, a much newer program with a far smaller user base, but it offers a greater accounting feature set (check printing, and synchronization to the user’s banku accounts for reconciliation. Clio doesn’t.

Loraine D.
Traduzir com Google

Clio - not perfect, but a great start

Avaliado em 14/10/2016
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We've been using Clio for just over a year now in our firm. We've added several new people and consolidated a number of software programs into a much smaller number of programs. The contacts management and documents management features of Clio are not as robust as the other solutions we're using, and we'd like to see some improvements in the contacts system and the ways bills are run and sent. However, the time entry is MUCH easier now, it's overall fairly easy to learn the system and set up new users, and the ability to link contacts to matters is vastly helpful for our conflicts checking (assuming you use it).

Clio is not going to magically make your life better; you still have to learn to use it and then make sure it gets used correctly (we have some attorneys here who haven't been as good about that as the staff and some of the other attorneys have been), but it's so worth the effort. And, if you have a problem, their support staff is fantastic. Quick to respond, very helpful and polite, and if they have to tell you that the requested fix isn't available yet they'll at least assure you that it's being put on the list for future improvements.

We looked at a lot of practice management solutions, and I think we made the right choice in going with Clio.

Vantagens

Time tracking is very easy, and it handles multiple matters for the same client very well. Reports are useful, most of them. Tasks and the system allowing you to make records of phone conversations are great. Clio Connect and the ability to share documents with clients and others is fantastic.

Desvantagens

Billing system is clunky; contacts management is only okay at best. It's not a cheap solution.

Simon B.
Traduzir com Google

Clio is a fantastic practice management software!

Avaliado em 16/05/2017

Vantagens

The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. You feel like everything is at your fingertips. This is particularly true if you use the customs matter and client fields to record data you want to have easy access to.

As well, Clio's customer support is great and the software is always improving.

Desvantagens

Accounting and bookkeeping needs cannot be fully satisfied by Clio alone. I use Xero in conjunction with Clio and this combination works well, though the export of data from Clio to Xero is not seamless, particularly with respect to trust accounting. That being said, this solution is workable and can be fully compliant with Law Society of Upper Canada bookkeeping requirements. I have been through a spot audit and a full practice review and passed with flying colours.

The other main issue I have is that there is nothing in place to warn the user that there is no future court date diarized for a matter that is making its way through the courts. Without this check and balance, there is a risk of missing a court date if you forgot to put a new one in after the last one. The only way to make sure this isn't happening is to manually go through each open matter and confirm that it has a future court date input.

7.0/10
Zackary Z.

You Need CLIO In Your Life

Avaliado em 24/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

From the set up, to teaching the staff how to use CLIO, to little hiccups along the way, the CLIO staff has been very responsive. They always answer the phone, are always friendly, and always ensure our issues are resolved quickly. Plus, they actually implement suggestions I have made.

Vantagens

CLIO is a seamlessly integrated firm management product that allows me to manage my small law firm on the go. Whether I am traveling, sitting in the hallway of a courthouse, or waiting for my kids' doctor appointment, I can communicate with clients, enter time, communicate with my team, and have all of my client information at my fingertips.

Desvantagens

When preparing bills, some of the features that allow you to correct time entries by staff are limited. For example, if a staff member entered time under the wrong matter, you cannot simply change the matter with a simple click. Overall however, bill preparation is much faster than with other products and works nicely.

Susan C.

EFFICIENCIES that FACILITATE LIFE

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Here's a huge benefit/hack that I've appreciated using CLIO for: I make Matters (case files) for things that aren't actually cases: one for "personal", several for boards and committees I'm on, and even my business (GIRL ATTORNEY, LLC), and related projects (GALCON). I use the software in all the same ways: creating and relating contacts, keeping track of communication, creating task lists, etc... I really hub my whole life out of the CLOUD-BASED software, and this EFFICIENCY substantively facilitates my LIFE: law firm, personal life, business. I'm a huge fan.

Vantagens

The ability to manage case and contact communication is SO NIMBLE, it makes it so easy to keep up and pick up where you left off with professionals from other matters/cases. That kind of seamless connectivity is important, allowing me to leverage professional relationships already forged/earned...but otherwise forgotten under the volume of the work (and the passage of time!).

Desvantagens

I still haven't found an easy-enough (for me) way to be sure that I am using the software in as many ways as I could. I am mindful that I am under-utilizing it.