Avaliações do Actionstep

Actionstep

More headspace for what really matters

3.5/5 (82 avaliações)
Carol W.
Traduzir com Google

Lots of Customization options, but lacking some basic common sense

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Mixed. A number of positive features, but also a number of time consuming and expensive issues to set it up and keep going, and almost "TOO" much for our needs, since it is missing some simple features.

Vantagens

For a small law office, there is a lot of potential to customize the matter setup and use different workflows. Also as a supervisor there is complete transparency so I see everything my support staff is doing, I like that the system does a complete backup of saved documents and matters. The Home page is very workable. And the timekeeping functions are good. I also really like the Microsoft Outook integration, even if I keep having to reboot it.

Desvantagens

First, something simple. Make an "out of office" message available through the email system. When I set this up on my outlook, then even though it is integrated, if the client sends an email directly through the Actionstep platform,they do not receive that out of office message.

Second, the billing system is not user-friendly. First, the billing templates are a lot harder to set up than they should be, even with the pre-made templates. Second, the trust accounting is difficult to integrate into the bills. Yes, it is there but not in a way that is client friendly. Third, this is so simple I fail to understand why it isnt in place. Make some simple billing features automatic like the ability to print aging on a bill. They have a form for it but it just looks weird! And why shouldn't you just be able to carry over onto a new bill in an easy way. Other case management software has this in a very easy format. Also, when we upgraded to the new billing format there are some ongoing and permanent glitches that make my bookeeper's job harder.

Finally, this is a costly system compared to some others in the legal field. And we have received word that the cost is increasing. We will be in the process of reviewing other options. We may decide to stick with Actionstep since there are a lot of good features, but we don't feel strongly enough to keep it with a price increase down the road, even if we are "grandfathered" temporarily.

We hired a consultant to help us get it set up.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Carol - thanks for taking the time to write the review. We really appreciate your positive comments about Actionstep - particularly regarding transparency and Microsoft Office Integration. You have a number of suggestions which I am going to take to our product development team - hearing feedback like this is really helpful for us in planning out future product development work. We will be in touch with you directly to discuss these further. Thanks again.

5.0/10
Natalie W.
Traduzir com Google

Our firm uses Actionstep's workflows to increase efficiency & deliver better value to our clients

Avaliado em 21/12/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are able to increase efficiency & deliver better value to our clients because we have built automated tasks, checklists, templates, data collection, and deadlines at every step of the process. We know in advance which team member will complete the tasks, and we have peace of mind that nobody will miss anything. We can gather data about our files and make decisions based on real insight into our firm, rather than gut-based guesswork.

Vantagens

Actionstep allows you to build custom workflows that you can use to manage any aspect of your practice. We believe in workflows so much that we dedicated an entire podcast episode discussing our experience with another lawyer obsessed with workflows too.

We have over 50 workflows that help us to structure processes within our tax-litigation files, as well as for administrative matters, such as asking for client testimonials. We give our team peace of mind that nobody will miss anything as we have built in automated tasks, templates, checklists, and deadlines at every step of the process. We can make sure that the most appropriate team member performs each task. The workflows are also a great resource to help train new team members because we created detailed descriptions of how to complete each task with links to our internal knowledge base to give team members additional support where needed.

In addition to custom workflows, Actionstep also allows you to gather custom data so that we can make more informed decisions.

Desvantagens

Actionstep is unique and sophisticated. However, Actionstep falls behind its competitors and is underdeveloped in some key areas, such as budgeting capabilities, template user experience, graphical displays, mobile applications, and reports.

Prospective users should not underestimate the commitment and resources required to build workflows and implement Actionstep. Building workflows requires time, money and, most importantly, grit. Not everyone is ready to make this investment in the future of their firm. Although you can outsource the technology aspect of inputting the workflows to the system, you need people within your firm identifying the steps and tasks that you want to build into the system. We are a very process-driven law firm with a lean focus, so Actionstep is perfect for us, but if you aren't familiar with process mapping it can be a daunting task.

When you get over the initial investment of mapping your processes, you will see first-hand how quickly Actionstep improves your firm's ability to grow and deliver better value to your clients.

We hope that Actionstep will continue to develop its product to address its limitations and bugs. Actionstep has promised that it is working to address the concerns that our firm and other users raise in the LinkedIn user forum and UserVoice feedback. We hope that Actionstep continues to improve the product, and we look forward to more progress. If so, we expect to continue to use Actionstep for a very long time.

Brahm D.

Actionstep - Best Document Assembly, Versatile Workflows and Calendering

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 14/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Of the products that I've tried, I found Actionstep to have the best document assembly, most comprehensive workflow system, versatile calendering and deadlining, and excellent outlook integration. The price is a tad higher compared to competitors, and because there is so much functionality, the learning curve and set-up time is a bit steeper, but in the long term it will enable incredible efficiency. For example, I converted my precedents for a chambers application to enforce a judgment against real property, and can now draft a chambers application, including Notice of Application, draft order and supporting Affidavits, in less than 2 minutes, perfectly drafted without any manual drafting needed (assuming that the relevant property identifier and party information has already been entered correctly). Now in theory, you could do the same thing with some other systems like CLIO (but not MyCase) and I have done it in CLIO. But it required a lot of custom field data and conditional logic, and so templates become very complex and unreadable and only work if certain assumptions are true (i.e. only one client, or limited number of Defendants).

I spent a lot of time testing various law firm management systems, but I think that I have finally settled on Actionstep. I initially had been using CLIO which I chose without much research. After one year, CLIO's task lists and legal calender systems were proving to clumsy and inflexible for my litigation practice. I need to define deadlines backwards from a future date, i.e. 90 days before trial serve expert reports. Also, if my trial date gets adjourned, I want all the linked deadlines to move with the trial dates, and if my matter settles, I want to be able to remove all of the associated deadlines from my calendar. CLIO didn't do this, so I started researching new options and moved to MyCase because it had a very intuitive and functional workflow and calendering that did what I wanted, and was well priced with the cheaper subscriptions for support staff available. However, I soon became frustrated with MyCase because the document assembly was extremely weak compared to CLIO. Finally, I moved to Actionstep and found that it had all of the workflow and calendering functionality that I wanted, combined with document assembly that is extremely robust and powerful.

If powerful document assembly is important to you, I strongly recommend Actionstep.

Vantagens

Document Assembly. Outlook Integration. Integrated workflows and calendaring. Knowledge-base and Wiki built in. Ability to associate more than one contact of a given type to a file (I often have files with more than one client, i.e. husband and wife).

Desvantagens

A bit more expensive. Steeper learning curve because of all the features.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Thank you for the feedback Brahm!

Malinda J.
Traduzir com Google

Lots to love about this program

Avaliado em 06/03/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall I recommend ActionStep to other law firms. It has vastly improved our office workflow, and the various customizable features enable our employees to address clients' needs more efficiently. The ActionStep support staff are accessible and responsive to any challenges we face, whether they involve addressing problems or learning how to implement new features.

What we love:
- Workflows that are customized for different types of cases
- Customized tasks that are automatically assigned to particular employees
- Case dashboard: the "one stop shop" for all basic info related to a case (employees involved, clients, other important players in the case, calendar appointments, notes, etc.)
- Contact records that exist independently of cases but may be linked to cases -- so updating a contact applies changes across the board
- Newsfeed-style case notes with tag options to identify notes as "important," "call," etc.
- Document folders with powerful search feature to easily locate documents
- Integration with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) that allows case data to be merged into documents and e-mails and allows users to assign e-mails to cases
- Ability to create letter and other document templates that pre-populate cases
- Document portal that allows clients and other parties to securely exchange documents with the firm
- Fantastic support staff and easy-to-follow tutorials

The most challenging aspect of ActionStep is the initial setup (hence my three-star rating for "ease of use"). There is no sugar-coating it: the downside of all those wonderful customizable features is that someone in your organization has to do all the customizing. It's a lengthy process, and the initial data migration can also be time-consuming, but the friendly support staff are available to assist throughout the process. For us the end result has been well worth the challenging setup process.

The ActionStep developers are constantly working on improvements to the program, including ways to make it integrate with other types of software and responding to users' suggestions. Occasionally the updates cause hiccups in the system, but they are typically short-lived. We genuinely appreciate the drive to improve the product and the responsiveness to users' wishes.

- Workflows that are customized for different types of cases
- Customized tasks that are automatically assigned to particular employees
- Document folders with powerful search feature to easily locate documents
- Ability to create letter and other document templates that pre-populate cases
- Fantastic support staff and easy-to-follow tutorials

Desvantagens

- Challenging initial setup (customization of features)
- Cumbersome process to unlock encrypted zip files after backup request
- Previous difficulty with calendar integration caused problems with client scheduling and has made us skittish about returning to use of the calendar, even though we see this as a high-value feature of ActionStep

Jennifer H.

Great Features with Not So Great Service

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall it's been a decent system. There is room for improvement, but ultimately it does give you a lot of customization for a better price than a lot of cloud based services out there.

Vantagens

You can customize it according to your needs, including custom reports and exports. It's easy to use on a daily basis and has an attractive platform that is well organized. It has it's own document storage, so you don't have to use two different programs/services to get it to work (such as box or another doc storage service) It does conflict checks and syncs with e-mail so you can assign e-mails as you send/receive them to the matter they are relevant to.

Desvantagens

The customer support is terrible. Response time has been poor. When there is a response, it typically is, refer to the on-line manual. My spouse is an IT person, so I'm fairly computer program savvy. So I don't contact tech support unless I've gone through everything in the manual and tried everything I can think of first. When that is met with "look at the manual" it's beyond frustrating. Once we get past that, it usually doesn't take them long to get the issue resolved or walk me through what needs to be done to achieve the goal.

Also, in order to use the macros letters/documents where information auto-populates from your case into the letter or document, you pretty much have to be a computer programmer to get that to work.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Jennifer, thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your positive comments and I am very sorry about your experience with our support team. That is certainly not how we intend to operate. Client satisfaction is our number one priority and we obviously dropped the ball here. We will use your feedback to improve our support.

6.0/10
Scott M.

Effective and Efficient Law Practice Management

Avaliado em 26/08/2016
Fonte da avaliação: SoftwareAdvice

Vantagens

I now have an almost complete solution to practice management. Before, I had no system, no way of keeping things straight. But then I started to become too busy to keep track of things in my mind, and it started getting chaotic. That's where Actionstep has saved my practice from disorganization. I track all of my time and do all of my billing from Actionstep. I keep my entire database of contacts on Actionstep. Trust ledger accounting is great. Tasks, calendar reminders, document storage, file notes. It's all great. When a client calls, I quickly pull up their file and *bam*, there's everything. There are many other useful features that I know I just haven't even tapped into yet.

Desvantagens

- There is a pretty steep learning curve, and the user guides aren't always that helpful. Sometimes I find myself spending 20 minutes trying to figure out a very simple thing, like how to reopen a matter that I accidentally closed.
- Before using Actionstep, I kept everything on Google Drive. Great, Actionstep integrates Google Drive. But not as well as I would like it to be integrated. I had to do a series of workarounds with Google Drive to get it *sort of* how I would like it to be. When you open a new matter, Actionstep creates a folder on Google Drive, but the folder is only the matter number. So if you're typing a document and want to use File > Save As > Google Drive, then good luck finding the folder. Instead every time I open a matter on Actionstep, I immediately find the folder it creates on Google Drive, then rename it to my matter name.
- I would like a place to track mileage for business expense reimbursement. You can add things like this to matter disbursements, but I don't see a way to do it practice-wide.
- I haven't gotten the Google email integration to work properly. Actionstep puts odd things in the subject lines of my outgoing email, so I stick to using Google's platform for that.
- Document upload sometimes hangs when you try to do more than a couple files at once, but I'm not really using it because I'm keeping everything on Google Drive.

Peter M.

Why I love ActionStep - Australian Lawyer

Avaliado em 11/04/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

After making my own practice management system (in the 1990's before there were any commercially made products available) and then trying numerous products over the years, I have finally settled upon ActionStep as the ultimate system.

Why? Because ActionStep is the first to provide me with a set of tools, as well as a framework, so that I can customise the system as I please.

I don't want to be told what's available in a system, and why it operates the way it does. I want to know what a system is capable of, and how I can make it do what I want it to do. ActionStep is the only system to gives me this freedom.

On top of this ActionStep is secure, robust and easy to learn, and support is always there.

I ask my own clients to review the service they have received from me, and I'm always pleased when a client is so satisfied as to write a review. So, when one of my providers gives me a product and service that exceeds my expectations, and continues to deliver with support and improvements, I feel duty-bound to let everyone know.

Vantagens

Its power, security and ease of use.

Can't think of any.

Thank you Peter!

Briana M.

Awesome Product!

Avaliado em 23/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Overall, our experience with Actionstep has been great and has made the office much more efficient so that our clients receive top quality work.

Vantagens

We like how we can use our workflows to track each client thru the process. The reporting we receive is great and helps us stay on top of our business.

Desvantagens

The accounting reports cannot be changed and at times the accounting functions don't work the way we would want them to.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Briana - thank you for such a positive review. Delighted your experience with Actionstep has been great. Just wanted to mention that we continually make updates to our product, including to the accounting function, so if you do have specific requests or suggestions, do funnel them through [email protected] so our product team can review them in light of upcoming development. Thanks again!

Bob M.
Traduzir com Google

Cloud legal practice management with the functionality of premise-based applications

Avaliado em 13/03/2015
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The breadth and depth of Actionstep's features are quite impressive for a cloud-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) product. Its functionality can compete with the best of the premise-based practice management programs, and it has the "any time, anywhere" advantages of a cloud-based system.

It offers unlimited custom case fields by practice type, so you can automatically have a statute of limitations field in a PI case and an Estate Plan Type in an Estate Planning matter. All fields can be used to merge documents and emails(!) using Actionstep's internal merge function or HotDocs.

Your standard tasks and document/email merges can be created automatically as the case proceeds from one step to the next, so that when a bankruptcy case is filed a letter to the client with the 341 meeting date, time, and place is created automatically.

Views can show filtered lists of cases, tasks, or appointments that need your attention. Any of these lists (think PI cases that have outstanding medical records requests, overdue high-priority tasks, or all court dates in the next 30 days) can be emailed to you automatically each day so you can prepare for your day if you schedule the email in the morning, or the next day if you schedule the email at night, without having to log into Actionstep.

Because Actionstep has such a wide range of features, it can be challenging to configure it for your practice and to learn how to use it, but that's true whenever you compare a program with more functions (think Word) to one with fewer functions (think Notepad). If you don't need the additional functionality, stick with the simplest solution that meets your needs. But if you do need the additional functionality (case management, document/email management, billing, and accounting), then you may want to consider hiring a consultant to guide you through the implementation. (Do you prepare your own tax return or do you hire an accountant?) Full disclosure: We are an Actionstep Certified Consultant/Partner.

There's nothing else on the market that has Actionstep's range of functionality in a cloud-based practice management system that can be configured for the specific needs of different practice areas, and tailored to an individual firm's practices and procedures. If you're looking for a complete end-to-end practice management solution, especially if you don't want the cost and potential headaches of a local area network, you should take a look at Actionstep.

Charles D.
Traduzir com Google

Welcome addition for UK law firms

Avaliado em 12/03/2015
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We moved to ActionStep from a well-known cloud-based practice management system about a year ago. Although we are a small firm, the reality is that even small law firms have their share of admin and the need to demonstrate good procedures. We found that the other systems aimed at small law firms were certainly simple, but were too short on functionality. The biggest improvement for us was finally moving to a system which had a fully integrated accounts system. We also noticed big improvements when it came to extracting and reporting on data.

ActionStep includes a very full set of features which would cater for much bigger organisations. This does mean that the initial set-up requires some thought and we'd recommend having a consultant guide you through the steps. It is possible to take things a step at a time, and the level of effort and complexity is proportionate the the benefits of the system. Our previous system was possible to use pretty much out-of-the-box, but we fairly quickly found that it didn't have the sophistication to do some fairly basic things.

The workflow capabilities are a sound way to ensure that we adhere properly to procedures such as conflict searches, setting up new clients and new matters. By leading a user through the steps, there's no need to rely on the users having to remember to follow a policy document. Our office manual was over 100 pages long, but many of the requirements are now built into ActionStep. The trick is not to over-engineer this. You want a workflow which supports your work, not one which requires all the stars to line up before you can successfully start a new project.

ActionStep is a new entrant to the UK market, with an HQ in New Zealand and operations in the US. There is now a local UK presence and we've also found that the NZ team are very adaptable to handling requests from the UK. Our consultant managed to be chirpy on the phone even when I knew we were calling in the very early hours of her morning.

We've seen several significant new features rolled out during our use, so we're pleased with the ongoing investment in improvements. The latest time recording system has proved very popular in our office.

There are a few features which the accounting system doesn't handle compared to our previous system (such as automatically posting VAT returns to HMRC) but the gaps have proved very minor compared to the gains from having the accounts system fully integrated with matter management.

Lachlan S.

Actionstep review

Avaliado em 09/05/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have been able to automate our invoicing which has allowed more time to be spent on other matters.

We now have greater oversight as to how much time is spent is certain matter.

Vantagens

Ease of use, ability to automate a number of tasks, oversight of office time.

Desvantagens

Inability to convert $ format to € format, for example $4,000.85 needs to be manually converted to 4.000,85€ and 1.5 hours manually converted to 1,5 hours.

Inability to customise the automatic email that is sent to client portal users to grant them access.

Inability to select size and font of text that will automatically be generated when copying text from Actionstep system to a word document.

Sections of the system still refer to GST when using a different tax.

Inability to change a matter type once a matter has been created, instead a completely new matter with a different matter type needs to be created.

Avaliador Verificado
Traduzir com Google

Great if you have time to customize

Avaliado em 17/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

The ease of keeping track of the lifecycle of our matters makes this well worth it. I spent hours following the tutorials on how to customize it to tailor it to my specific practice. But I think they purposely make them a little vague so you'll have to resort to hiring a consultant to tailor the program. Overall it's totally worth it, but I wish it was more user friendly to customize myself.

Vantagens

This software is an elegant solution for volume practices that categorizes matters in useful and dynamic ways, and is interactive so you can keep track of the progress of each individual matter.

Desvantagens

It's expensive to customize because you have to pay for a consultant to work with you on it.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Thanks for your review, and I'm happy to hear your likelihood to recommend Actionstep is 8/10.

I did want to clarify that we definitely don't try to make our tutorials vague. Our customers vary from IT Managers within larger firms, to solos, so it's a fine balance between making our guides too technical, and making them user friendly for all our customers.

Jinny S.
Traduzir com Google

This product does everything that we were hoping for!

Usado Diariamente durante 1 a 5 meses
Avaliado em 23/08/2017

Vantagens

I think I trialed almost all of the major case management software companies out there and this company blew all of the others out of the water for me. The product is reliable and does exactly what we need. Before we purchased this product I had to do most of my work manually and things would slip through the cracks. This product has resolved that issue. I also love the document generation feature and how deeply the product integrates with Microsoft Office Suite. Not having to type each document from scratch saves so much time!

I personally enjoy how highly customizable the product is. I'm constantly pleasantly surprised to find new features it has that make my life easier. Some may complain that you need a third party firm to get you off of the ground and running, but I set up the entire system for my team by just reading their User Guide and talking to customer support.

The price was another selling point for us. We're a local county government agency operating on a small budget so this price tag works well within what we could afford. The customer support is phenomenal. They try very hard to make their customers (or potential customers) very happy. Having our cases in a secure cloud means that we can work from anywhere which has greatly improved the way that we work.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get away from paper files and who wants to learn how technology can make your life easier and more organized.

Krystal W.

Legal Asst opinion

Avaliado em 23/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Before ActionStep, our office was using DropBox as our inter-office storage, which was not very reliable for record keeping. We needed everything to be in ONE place and ActionStep has solved that issue. Our office has been using ActionStep for about 3 years now & I personally love it. It's easy to customize.

Vantagens

What I like most about the software is that everything is in one place - past & present records, notes, time tracking & billing, tasks, etc. I find the File Notes feature EXTREMELY useful because myself AND any of my co-workers can create a File Note for record keeping when we speak to the client or need to keep current notes on a project. ActionStep is also very easy to customize.

Desvantagens

It is difficult for me to find something that I dislike about this software. The only opinion I can offer is what I hear from our office book keeper - she dislikes the billing feature because it is not compatible with her Quik Books.

Amyann M.

A huge necessity!

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Actionstep helps us stay organized and on track with our daily tasks.

Vantagens

We rely on tasks and steps to complete estate planning for our clients, and Actionstep makes it easy to keep track of where we are in our planning process. With Actionstep we can easily transition from one step or task to the next, eliminating the need for pen and paper. We use this program frequently throughout the work day. We can even email and upload documents through their secure client portals. We would be lost without it!

Desvantagens

the only con to Actionstep is not having a local customer service rep, but they are good about getting back to you in a timely manner, so the lack of someone local doesn't usually come into play.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

AmyAnn - thanks for such a wonderful review - we are so happy you and the team at Lakeview Trust & Estate Law find Actionstep so necessary!

Avaliador Verificado
Traduzir com Google

Actionstep empowers me. It gives me the capacity to do great things in developing my law practice.

Avaliado em 10/01/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I have been able to develop an online legal services business, all aspects of which are handled by Actionstep, including an online form to collect client information and instructions, document assembly, email assembly, an online portal for the secure delivery and acceptance of electronic documents, and even integration with other online services. It really is the complete package.

Vantagens

Flexibility. Whole most legal software packages bundle up what the provider thinks most law firms will want, Actionstep makes it possible for the lawyer to create precisely what the lawyer needs for their particular area of law and style of practice.

Desvantagens

While flexibility makes this package extremely powerful, it does require decisions to be made, ideas to be developed and processes to be created. This can be hard work at times, which can become a burden in the early stages of setting up.

Katherine l. T.
Traduzir com Google

Great product . . . gets better all the time.

Avaliado em 02/10/2018
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We have been able to get our bills out more quickly. Information is so much easier to find in Action Step than in the program we used before. The search function is powerful.

Vantagens

The program is very configurable. What that means is that there is a higher learning curve than other cloud based programs, but I am willing to spend the time to learn if the product provides what I need. I searched specifically for a program that would allow me to handle my front office (client and case management) and back office (financial accounting) needs, and this does the job. The Enhanced Billing Module was vast improvement over the previous billing capability. The user interface is clean and the response rate is rapid. My bookkeeper loves it.

Desvantagens

The reports list needs to be more user friendly, and there needs to be more standard accounting reports available. The CRM features are not very well suited to my practice. The creation of a "workflow" is very complicated.

John P.

Florida Hurricane Adjusters

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We are very please with the results and organization this program gives us!!!!

Vantagens

Very customizable!!!! This gives us everything we need to sort through as many files as we give it! We can sort via very specific criteria!

Desvantagens

Although we are the kind of people that put a lot of time into things we want exactly the way we want them, we don't believe too many others are willing to put in the time to learn this program to customize it to their liking. The people that do put in the time will be greatly rewarded. This is the best program for Law Firms and Public Adjusters.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

John - thank you for your really positive comments about Actionstep. We are delighted you have customized the system to the way you want it to work for Florida Hurricane Adjusters. One of the things we believe in at Actionstep is supporting unique and valuable ways of working!

5.0/10
Richard K.
Traduzir com Google

Feature Packed but missing a few key components

Avaliado em 16/07/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Working with Actionstep has been great, but I am in the process of switching to another application due to the availability of integrations I am looking for. I would have no hesitation going back to Actionstep in the future.

Vantagens

This is by far the best of the mainstream programs for document assembly. The tasked based orientation of the program is great once set up. Support has always been helpful and knowledgeable. Very easy to customize. Strong reporting.

Desvantagens

While having a strong feature set, I feel the software is missing a few key integrations. The software really needs to integrate with LawPay, OneDrive and Quickbooks(I believe these were all under development, but not available when I last checked).

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Richard, thanks for the positive comments. Just by way of update: our Quickbooks Online integration is now available with our Express and Practice Pro plans. Onedrive will be coming with our Office 365 integration (the first version is currently in beta). LayPay is in queue and should be out within the next month or two.

Julie F.

Customizable

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I do like the billing feature and being able to see who needs to be invoiced.

Vantagens

I like that it keeps all of our records easily accessible without having to pull each file.

Desvantagens

It is so customizable it makes it hard to set up and use the software. I had to watch several hours of videos to design one matter type and invoice. I also wish that the HOME section of each matter had "sticky note" capability.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Hi Julie - thanks for your review and your comments. it's really helpful to get this kind of feedback from our customers. We are working on our on-boarding processes and your comments will help us to make improvements. Regarding your sticky notes comment - some of our customers find File Notes are a decent substitute for sticky notes, as the text within the notes can easily be pasted into different areas of the system. I hope that helps. If you have any further queries please do get in touch with our support team on [email protected] as they often have suggestions for using the system to suit you best. Thanks again for your review.

7.0/10
Tony F.
Traduzir com Google

The best all in one workflow management system around

Usado Semanal durante Mais de dois anos
Avaliado em 17/11/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

This software has allowed me to simplify management of my business, keeping all of the information I need to operate in a single location. When I was employing staff it recorded all of their time against the relevant projects, reported taxes due, kept all client details, kept a record of all projects I had undertaken, allowed me to look back on projects to aid in costing of prospective projects.

Vantagens

That you are able to operate your whole business on the one platform. Everything from the initial client contact through to completion of services, incorporating a single place to track all project related emails, time tracking for employees, easy billing process, tracking of invoices, creditors, production of financial reports, outstanding billing reports and numerous other customisable options.

Desvantagens

The only downside I can think are that it is a little expensive (but then I am only a sole trader now not working full time, so if I was working this business full time then I would probably feel differently on this factor)
It is generally easy to use, but maybe not as intuitive as programmes like Xero or MYOB, but that said I feel this system does a hell of a lot more than they do.

Richard S.

Actionstep evaluation

Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

We've been able to somewhat streamline our practice administration, and we like how all case information can be contained in one place

Vantagens

e-mail integration is easy and seamless
highly customizable
excellent document management

steep learning curve
weak online training materials
requires a consultant to truly make it work
our version does not yet sync with Quickbooks

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Richard - thanks for taking the time to review Actionstep - it's great to hear such positive comments about email and document management. I just wanted to acknowledge your comments on training. We are working on improvements to our on-boarding materials will most certainly use your feedback to improve training. I will ask someone in our our support team to get in touch with you about your Quickbooks Sync. Thanks again and do get in touch with our support team anytime you need help: [email protected]

7.0/10
Lydia Y.

For the Serious Firms

Avaliado em 23/04/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

I get one stop software in Actionstep. I generate documents; bill clients, record time; maintain trust ledgers; write checks. All if it is integrated. When I generate docs, I bill; when I disburse for a client, it goes on the bill automatically. In particular, the Enhanced Billing Mode is excellent! I keep track of other processes in my firm as well. I typically spend the whole day in Actionstep

Vantagens

It's thorough knowledge of the special rules that apply to law firms; the ability to modify your processes to reflect your specific jurisdiction and forms. I like the ability to see who did what, and when. There is a lot of accountability in this system.

Desvantagens

Some of the accounting modules are (rightly and deliberately so) difficult to correct if an error is made in parts of the accounting system. The system forces a great deal of transparency. They just need to update all the accounting modules.

Damien H.
Traduzir com Google

Catastrophic customer service and lack of common sense - too bad, it's a promising software

Avaliado em 04/09/2019
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

Given these problems, we are preparing our exit. It is an economic disaster for us (losses in implementation and losses on invoicing).

Vantagens

Powerful and easily editable workflow engine. Really.

Mass billing features.

Customizable fields.

Extremely powerful templating.

Desvantagens

Bugs in invoicing and accounting made me lose a lot of money. Despite corrections, some invoices do not appear at the customer level and we work in files with open balances. It's very stressful, too.

Money flows are case centred, not customer centred. This is highly problematic (retainers go on a case and not on the client, so you have to open X tabs for X cases opened in this client to make sure you are not going to send an invoice to a client who has provisioned you...).

User acceptance is difficult. It is complicated to require changes in workflows and field fills (this is not the responsibility of Actionstep, but don't think it will run by itself. You will need to coach your employees).

Customer service is catastrophic. I screamed for help when the system started to double-deduct (!) the retainers. It took 4 months to get a solution. In the meantime, I have continued to lose a lot of money.

I have doubts about their financial strength, since six months after I started using the software, I received a notice of license increase. When I asked for some help to switch to a cheaper license, I was told that it would not be possible to keep my data (!!!!).

2.0/10
Catherine B.
Traduzir com Google

This software is extremely difficult to use. It pretty much requires programmers to manage.

Avaliado em 12/07/2017
Fonte da avaliação: Capterra

None. It turned out to be too hard to use. When I wanted to move to a different software, I could not export any emails.

Vantagens

Nothing - I found it was more trouble than benefit. The software claims to manage emails, and it will manage them as long as you stay with that software. If you want to change to another software, you cannot retrieve your emails.

Desvantagens

The description of using "work flows" sounds like a very good and useful idea. It is not. The company wants users to hire a "partner" company to set up the software or purchase pre-programmed workflows from third party vendors. "Partner" companies are extremely expensive, if they return your call at all. You pretty much have to hire a third party company to program the software just to use it. As far as I can tell, the workflows are so detailed that you will spend every minute typing data into the software system instead of doing legal work. When I got rid of the software, none of the thousands of emails flagged into the system could be exported into another system. It was very difficult to transition away from the program.

Resposta do Actionstep Software

Hi Catherine. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and I¿m very sorry you haven¿t had a great experience.

In response to your points you raised:

Actionstep allows you to export all of your data at any time, including e-mails. You can read more about this on our user guide. Data is exported in a standard format, but unfortunately it is beyond our control as to whether or not this information can be imported into another system.

Actionstep is a highly customizable system and we do understand that this means it can take quite a bit of time to get up and running. However, the time you spend up-front tailoring the workflow to your needs will pay back over and over again in the efficiencies you will gain. We do understand that not everyone has the time to learn a new system and that is why we have a network of trained consultants that can assist.

We will be in touch to discuss this further and see what we can do to help. Thanks again for the feedback.

0.0/10